Leonard Boyarsky: We're all about exploring philosophical themes while having a fun great game experience...

>Leonard Boyarsky: We're all about exploring philosophical themes while having a fun great game experience. We don't ever want it to get too heavy, we don't ever want it to feel like we're lecturing people, or that we are trying to make a very specific point. Uh... We are very, uh... Very, uh... We tried really hard to make sure that no matter what character it is in the game, they feel like they're very realistic and they have very realistic motivations. You know, when you talk to the people on the board, they have a very realistic... or at least understandable outlook. You might not agree with it at all, but it makes sense why they'd think that way, and when they try to recruit you, it's not just like "Come be evil with us", no, it's like "We're doing the right thing for this colony and here's why"

>Jason Schreier: Are you worried about teaching players to be fascist?

>LB: Uuuh... No?

>JS: (Laughs)

>LB: Hmm, I never thought I-

>JS: What if some 13 year old is playing and he's like "You know what, this corporation who wants the control the narrative on this colony really has some good ideas"

>LB: I don'- Well, first of all, they shouldn't be playing if they're 13 because this is gonna be a mature rated game

>JS: Oh, okay, fair enough (laugh) YES! No 13 year olds playing m-rated games, that's for sure.

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: 1560713191603.jpg (1920x1080, 680K)

Other urls found in this thread:

player.fm/series/kotaku-splitscreen/the-outer-worlds-is-a-spiritual-successor-to-fallout-new-vegas
youtube.com/watch?v=HpEXL91kMyU
nytimes.com/2018/06/24/fashion/weddings/amanda-coleman-jason-schreier.html
youtu.be/6ixpOzeeTZs
youtube.com/watch?v=n2CXtrPkT2M&feature=youtu.be#t=40s
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jason Schreier is af ucking faggot

wtf i love boyarsky now

I hope Jason doesn't fall into an oven accidentally.

>now
Nigger, he and Tim Cain are responsible for Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Arcanum and Bloodlines. If you didn't like him by now, you're worthless.

Attached: gun.gif (300x236, 2.85M)

Source?

Someone PLEASE OFFEND me about ANYTHING

>Uuuh... No?
hehe

>Schreier
Cant wait for this faggot to be out of a job, jesus christ how can you be so insufferable?

Attached: 1533278802681.jpg (480x792, 28K)

Boyarsky is the man. I'm looking forward to Outer Worlds.

you're not as de-sensitized as you think you are.

player.fm/series/kotaku-splitscreen/the-outer-worlds-is-a-spiritual-successor-to-fallout-new-vegas
19:30

I hate this idea that developers need to be held responsible for whatever some deranged asshole makes out of their game. Even if The Outer Worlds caused some kid to become a literal Nazi, how is that Boyarsky's fault if he wasn't intending for it to happen? He just wanted to make an entertaining RPG where you get the choice to do whatever you want, including being an evil parody of capitalism taken to 11, and not everyone that has an evil playthrough wants to go around killing children or whatever. How is this kind of logic any different from "We need to stop having violent video games"?

Hearing Boyarsky talking about this game makes me think it's gonna end up being great. I just wish it wasn't so uneven. Some of the screenshots look so ugly.

Not as much on fallout 2. Which might be why fo1 had more soul

i want to play Tim and Leo's game!

>Inspirations are early Venneget, Coen Brothers, True Grit, Deadwood, Firefly
>Wants to talk about heavy industrialization
based or cringe?

Attached: LeonardHeadshot.png (700x1036, 1.34M)

Neither. I'm neutral on this. Venneget is based, True Grit is based, Deadwood is based. Coen Brothers doesn't fit well with sci-fi and Firefly is cringe.

I'm an uncultured caved-in head, so whatever

He also had the entire studio watch Brazil which makes him based as fuck.

Attached: Brazil.jpg (970x595, 296K)

Leonard did the world building for Diablo 3. Did anyone play that and how did you liek it?

The only reason why people like Firefly is because it got cancelled early.

Nothing wrong with it I guess, but Diablo's foundations were already laid and aren't fabulously interesting or original

I love his logic.

Don't tell people about the very existence of these ideas because people might like them.

I bet he also uses book burning as one of the reasons the Nazis were the devil.

Pretty much. The only good thing Whedon ever did was Angel.

KILL ALL JOURNOS

Diablo has always been utter shit. There's no way Boyarsky was able to save it.

>It doesn't slavishly enforce my personal political ideals, so it's harmful to children!

But yeah Jason Schreier is a literal piece of human excrement and a living example of how games journalism is rotten to the core. Drones like him only have two modes: Corporate shill and controversy baiter.

Why does Schreier strike me as the type of person that doesn't REALLY enjoy anything?

Have you heard his voice? Of course he doesn't enjoy anything, everything is about power for weasels like him.

The only thing that makes me angry is cruelty to animals or children

If he was going to be convinced by a fake argument that was obviously written by a non fascist he was already a fascist. Also no fascist country was started by corporations, and this mentality of “anything government I think is bad is fascist” is lazy and probably dangerous.

post voice

No. Angel was utter garbage too. Even worse than Firefly, in fact.

>Fascism is the issue
>Not Communism

youtube.com/watch?v=HpEXL91kMyU
He literally sounds like a rat

based schrier saving people from evil conservatives

Attached: drumf gg.jpg (731x537, 103K)

beta male voice

Just imagine their beautiful children

Attached: 1558978701394.jpg (600x734, 62K)

whoops wrong image

Attached: 24COLEMAN-jumbo.jpg (1024x662, 86K)

Yeah, this.

both.

Attached: 1553168702894.jpg (1192x3786, 1.13M)

Look at these motherfuckers and tell me fish people aren't real

the dude is 33, let that sink in.

I'm not too worried. Boyarsky and Cain can easily influence these writers in the right direction.

>that pic
If being unimpressed by a studio's staff in any way dictated whether I bought their games or not, I'd probably have at least a thousand more dollars in my bank account.

are you serious? I thought he like 40

are you people illiterate? jason literally pointed out that there's no way leonard would ever allow different philosophical themes in a video game.
>Are you worried about teaching players to be fascist?
Is literally a stab at the game creator because they both knew there's no fucking chance a dangerous opinion like fascism would ever feature in a mainstream video game

There's no way that's true.

You have a horrible reading comprehension, my dude. Jason is worried that Leonard Boyarsky lets you side with the corporations at all to begin with. In fact, earlier in the interview he goes "What? What kind of narc would join the board?"

> 1 year ago older than me
> Looks like that
Wtf I love Logan's Run now

Attached: 1557787712798.jpg (480x910, 22K)

>You can immediately turn the scientist that saves you in to the board
Guess what I'm gonna do

Attached: 71.gif (554x400, 120K)

how does "side with the corporations at all" translate to "teaching players to be fascist"?
I'd love to know

Tim Cain lost control of Fallout in Fallout 2 and it showed. That's when the game lost its soul.

Just want to let everyone who might not know already what Jason Schreier's wife looks like.

Attached: 24COLEMAN-articleLarge.jpg (600x388, 24K)

One day Schrier gonna get industry wide blacklist like every other SJW.

Attached: 1494171466210.png (574x1015, 395K)

>What the fuck was his problem?
He is retarded. How many times do we have to tell you for you to finally get it?

I want to know more about Covetous Shen and Zoltun Kulle!

There is zero chance he is 33

a literal chipmunk

>Amanda Sara Coleman and Jason Schreier are to be married June 24 at Temple Beth El of Northern Westchester in Chappaqua, N.Y. Rabbi Paul Kurland is to perform the ceremony.

>The bride, 29, and groom, 31, met at N.Y.U., from which they graduated.

nytimes.com/2018/06/24/fashion/weddings/amanda-coleman-jason-schreier.html

>Calls people fascist for corporations trying to control the narrative
>Tries to control the narrative in service to his corporation

I hope this isn't real, but if it is, it's a perfect example of society.

He literally just saved your life, ya simp. If it weren't for him, they'd let you freeze eternally.

Why is this in NY TImes?
>Written by Elliot Schreier
I see

Someone should point out the irony to him if this is real. I doubt he'd care though, he seems like a guy who doesn't care about integrity in the least.

Don't care. He's cringe and looks like Rick.

It's honestly the same with New Vegas. You have no reason to turn on Goodsprings... unless you're a power hungry psychopath who sees PG's as a more formidable force, and you'd rather have them on your side than against you.

d3 is full of retcons and raped what lore diablo had

What is Schreier's problem? Dude cannot go a week without shoving politics on games

Jewish behaviour is genetic

>Calls Sorceress a lolicon fantasy
>Hates the fact there exist game sites that enjoy Japanese games and calls them cringy
>Now this

Outer Wilds > Outer Worlds

Dude seems to hate life and gaming. It's like his sole purpose is to shit on absolutely everything. I'd be surprised if he even plays games. He probably likes shit like Gone Home and considers it a gaming masterpiece.

>Falling for the spammer's shitposting
He's literally nothing like Rick other than being a scientist. He's far more like Doc Brown.

How will schreier's asshole ever recover?

Attached: ayy bitch suk mah diq.png (641x370, 410K)

In all seriousness, I don't actually know who I'm gonna side with yet. I'll see how the game presents them and the arguments they make before I make a decision. But I appreciate having the choice to do it from the get-go.

>rabbi
now it all make sense

That is what all good RPGs should be about in my honest opinion. Player freedom to do whatever the fuck you want, when you want it. Obsidian struck gold with NV's formula, hopefully they not only re included it but also improved it.

The whole flaws idea sounds interesting, but I worry that it's not gonna be executed properly. Most of the debuffs they talk about seem to be way too minor. I do like that there's stuff like "Cripple" and "Drug Addict", but the average one just seems to be "-20% less damage against this one specific enemy type". Even not accounting for the fact it can be easily abused and min-maxed, I'm fearing I'm gonna end up with a god-tier MC by the end of the game anyways. It seems like it's gonna be half-assed.

Don't go for a combat build, that'll probably balance things out a bit. If speech is overpowered like it is in NV though then it may be an even bigger breeze to go through. We'll see I guess

>Joshua "Balanceman" Sawyer
>letting things be unbalanced

Sawyer is only an advisor in this game, not a lead developer, or even a developer at all.

I'm surprised he hasn't already. He doesn't even hide the fact that he tries to steal info from them for his articles. He still thinks Bethesda is in the wrong when he managed to get his hands on the script of Fallout 4 and leaked Bethesda's E3 plans.

His advice is a spreadsheet showing why the numbers are wrong

>haven't responded to a single Kotaku email for 4.5 years and counting

Holy fucking based.

Unfortunately he's the one Jew who can actually pull off legit inside scoops so he's like a necessary evil.

>Pillars of Eternity
>Josh keeps nerfing shit until the final patch
>Pillars of Eternity 2
>Josh keeps nerfing shit until the final patch
>Divinity Original Sin 2
>Larian encourages players to be as creative as possible and break the game as hard as they can and deal damage numbers as high as possible
>Josh proceeds to be confused why DOS2 is so beloved and blames voice acting

I suspect the reason why Original Sin 2 is so successful is the co-op shenanigans. It's certainly not the writing or the gameplay.

He's a J-word isn't he?

Attached: Jason-Schreier-small-672x372.jpg (672x372, 66K)

You want to know the irony of that? 4.5 years is a very exact number, because 4.5 years ago he had an friend steal confidential stuff from Bethesda and published them in a Kotaku article so he could beat all the other journalist sites in discussing Fallout 4. And he believes he's the victim in this scenario.

He literally stole some of Fallout 4's development documentation and openly flaunted it.

Literally the only reason Yea Forums hates Rick and Morty is because of the perceived fanbase (which I have never come across outside of memes and obviously people trolling like that McDonalds video where the guy jumps on the counter and REEEEs). It's just a childrens cartoon, it's not meant to be deep or intelligent.

he's a kike goblin

Larian said a lot of people played it solo.
>it's certainly not the gameplay
Sure thing, Sawyer.

Why do so many SJWs not understand that for the vast majority of women feeling attractive is what they want. It's not men buying beauty or gossip magazines.

>people on the inside somehow come to the conclusion they should talk to that hack
>he did it all on his own!
Yeah nah he's a moron and should be executed.

He looks like he has the testosterone of a 10 year old.

Of course he is. Him harassing people and manufacturing forced outrage didn't give it away?

Another half-baked idea seems to be the whole leadership thing. But we'll see how it plays out in execution. Either ways, I have no doubts this is gonna be one of the best games of the year, and certainly the best RPG.

Ironically enough, you're also offended by people that are easily offended.

You know, I've never actually looked into who makes my games. I do this weird thing where I just watch gameplay of it, read reviews or pirate it to decide if I'm interested in a game. I don't know how many women or African Americans worked on Baldur's Gate 2, I don't know if anyone was Jewish on the Morrowind team. Maybe one of the guys who made Hollow Knight is gay, who the fuck knows. It really doesn't affect my judgement of those games.

/pol/ radicalized me. trannies deradicalized me

Attached: DdVz0YoW0AEqPd3.jpg (900x1200, 96K)

Shen is a trickster god playing mortal for reasons we'll never find out now, and Kulle was right and did absolutely nothing wrong because the eternal conflict is horseshit and should be ended by removing the two main antagonists of it.

Outer world's is dope. Finally a true sequel to fallout 2.

Attached: F3n6pBv_d.jpg (640x264, 28K)

based

I think they're both pretty retarded.

Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

A daring synthesis.

I'm more excited in this being a new setting by the same creators of Fallout than by the idea of this being a spiritual successor of Fallout.

I beat Diablo 3 in singleplayer on console, I don't remember a single interesting NPC or location from the game. The latter half of the game is boring deserts iirc. Diablo 1 and 2 weren't very interesting from a lore perspective either, but Diablo 3 was just void of anything interesting.

>Thinking Boyarsky is retarded
cringe

I'm just glad it's an RPG with an original setting. Nearly everything is a reboot or set in a shared universe these days. I am looking forward to Baldur's Gate 3 but I also like exploring entirely new settings.

>It's just a childrens cartoon, it's not meant to be deep or intelligent.
Ironically enough, the show can be both at times.

Yep. I don't mind sequels so much (although I feel like Fallout has been irreparably ruined and there's no worth in coming back to it at this point) but I'm so sick of licensed bullshit. We don't need to be tied down to tabletop book settings anymore. This industry is bigger than them. Do something original and make it truly your own.

He is just a hack with connections, he should be blacklisted by every respectable dev and publisher

Attached: 1534460508742.jpg (720x833, 27K)

Without Chris Avallone there's not much hope for this game. POE2 showed us that obsidians backup writers are dogshit. Also the animations they showed off at E3 were worse than some indie games. They clearly have lost talent.

Tim Cain + Leonard Boyarsky > Avellone
Go look at the last 10 games Avellone has written for.

Lmao and Tim worked on wildstar while Leonard did Diablo 3. These people aren't going to carry your game. We've already seen more than 1h of gameplay and the writing is amateur.

If judge by this dialog he quite is.

>1 hour of writing is indicative of quality in an RPG
Ahem
Old world blues.

Attached: 1528769330991.png (669x472, 282K)

Tim Cain + Leonard Boyarsky combined have a 100% track record. 4 strikes, no misses. If you count the last 10 games either of them made, they're much better than the last 10 games Avellone wrote on. They absolutely are going to carry this game.
>The writing is amateur
No, it isn't. It seems perfectly in line with Fallout or Arcanum or Bloodlines. Tell me what's different and makes this one stand out as amateurish.

Attached: file.png (500x283, 213K)

Even knowing he's serious, that questions and the follow up still come off as kind of hilarious.

>Fallout 2
Ew no thanks

I like that they promised that you can play the factions off against each other while you're neutral.

Sounds like a fun independent path.

I mean why won't the showcase a good snippet of writing? Who shows off the shit parts?

I can't wait to recreate Littlefinger before the show ruined itself.
"Chaosh is a laddah" and all that.

Bit confused why they showed off a meme quest, probably would have done better to show off a more complex sidequest.

The Boarst stuff is a meme quest? Looked good to me. I also liked the actual meme quest they showed where you're acting over at PAX, although that one was so rough it didn't even have voice acting yet.

I'm gonna play in Supernova but save scum if I get boring flaws. I don't want to be afraid of some highly specific type of enemy, especially if I don't intend on doing a lot of battle. I want the more interesting flaws. Hopefully they have a flaw that lets you be arrogant, for example.

>are you worried about teaching players to be fascist

Attached: 541DD142-CFBF-472B-B6DA-CCCAEECACB65.jpg (236x454, 80K)

>comes out a week before Death Stranding in a packed season with other games like Doom Eternal around it
>whether or not it's a success doesn't matter for Obsidian and only effects Take Two
Sorry Leonard, Outer Worlds is going to have to wait.

Literal NPC opinions

It absolutely matters in the sense that if it fails, they ain't doing a sequel. I don't know how good or bad that is yet, though.

Do you know what Avellone has actually written in the last 10 years?

And if you say New Vegas, do you know which characters he's actually credited as writing?

Man, I fucking hate nonwhites, Communists and autists so fucking much,

somebody have the full interview ?

>fuck fascism, only people who think like me should have control of the narrative

the side quests he wrote for Prey were the best parts of the game. I only found out he wrote them afterwards but it made complete sense as soon as I found out.

I love these cat edits

Attached: C7097638-7ADD-43F4-B240-3E53A0370AA3.jpg (1024x709, 89K)

>"You know what, this corporation who wants the control the narrative on this colony really has some good ideas"

Yes, only SJWs should be allowed to control the narrative, because as everyone knows they have no corporate ties.

THE BEAR AND THE BULL AND THE BEAR AND THE BULL AND AND THE BEAR AND THE BULL AND AND THE BEAR AND THE BULL AND...

see:

Fallout 2 is good but Fallout 1 was better. More dense.

Atmosphere of 2 is also very unappealing to me. Fallout 1 portrayed doom of mankind flawlessly. You can feel the remnants of a once real civilization peek through the absolute destruction that exists today. Kinda nostalgic and dream like in a way. Whereas 2 was all over the place with its jokes

Yeah, they tried expanding on too much shit. It was much less consistent.

>They absolutely are going to carry this game.
Not that guy but the last good game they worked on was 15 years ago. While Avellone while doing little work at did something and what he did was good.
Up to now absolutely nothing shown for OW is beyond typical new Obsidian mediocrity. Have you seen their newest presentation? Can you say that this is somehow on the level of old Troika/Obsidian games:
youtu.be/6ixpOzeeTZs
Just fucking look at at it. Look at this shit. Disregard the terrible commentary (turn off sound if you wish). This writing is pure cringe, it's another POE II, we can just pack and go home. As incels like to say: it's over.

>As incels like to say: it's over.
I never heard this saying but it didn't stop me from laughing

yeah, they are great

Attached: 1561298551483.png (1125x968, 746K)

It’s still going to be full of sjw and feminist trash because ever story has this now

>This writing is pure cringe
It's perfectly in line with Fallout or Arcanum or Bloodlines. Tell me what's different and makes this one stand out as amateurish. I assure you you can't.

How can it fail when Epic already bought copies?

Source to the fucking interview or it didn't happen.

Well I've already made my peace with Obsidian games I love not getting sequels with NV and Alpha Protocol.
It wouldn't break my heart anymore.

See:

>"Pics or it didn't happen!!!!!!!!!"
What are you, in grade school?

Because they're retarded manchildren.

The problem is Jason has actually DONE good journalism, though. He's so close but he has to discern reality from fiction when it comes to fucking video games. He's very good at knowing the state of the industry.

The entire questline they present is a failed comedy routine. The joke is that product placement in movies tend to be obnoxious (well duh) but it goes-on for far too long and is too on the nose to be funny in any way.
Sure you could argue that there were plenty of failed jokes in the old games (Fallout 2 especially) but there were never this bad.

>corporatists
>literally the one thing fascists went out of their way to boot out of their country by calling them a bunch of jews
>corporatists are fascists now

Attached: 1551141004642.jpg (239x290, 14K)

The jokes were good and this is definitely on the level of the average Fallout 2 quest, which go for just as long and are just as in-your-nose, not to mention this has no memes or references (at least that we've seen)
You're exaggerating.

He's gonna do it again.

Attached: Arcanum Gnomes.jpg (799x4797, 1.95M)

One of these days, someone is going to punch Jason right in his fucking ratnose. It's beyond accidental slights in these interviews he does, he tries to be as malicious as possible.

Fascists have historically been massive corporate shills, especially the Nazis and Italian fascists.

They had no choice. They were being systematically oppressed.

Yeah, that whole interview was great except for the part about fascists.

If by ''corporate'' you mean state, then yes.
Fascism is all about the state running everything.

>The jokes were good and this is definitely on the level of the average Fallout 2 quest, which go for just as long and are just as in-your-nose
Majority of the quests in the game are played straight, so even if the game has some terrible jokes here and there they don't interfere with the rest of the game too much.
And to make matters worse the oh-so dialogue with NPCs casually advertising weapons gets repeated five minutes later when talking to a guard, so you can be sure that the game will be full of that crap.
>this has no memes or references (at least that we've seen)
How is that an achievement?
>You're exaggerating.
No I'm not. If anything what I was understating how underwhelming everything about the game had been so far. Absolutely nothing shown up to now is interesting or exciting. The entire concept is only worth a single Futurama episode and not the entire game. The gameplay is discount Borderlands. Graphic design is utterly bland. Recruitable NPCs range from meh to annoying. Nothing they've shown about the plot is any interesting.
This will be another disaster like most recent Obsidian releases and if I'm somehow wrong about it, it's because they are secretly a completely different game out there and not showing it anywhere.
I hate everything I've seen. I don't believe it will be a good game. And I don't believe in boomer devs making grand comebacks to gaming because it never ends well.

yeah, for good reason. I really have to do a kill all gnomes run of this game

Well, was the queen brought to the island?

>Fascists have historically been massive corporate shills
Which would explain modern journalism and the average far leftie.

>Majority of the quests in the game are played straight
Have you ever played Fallout 2?
>How is that an achievement?
Fallout 2 had a bunch of references and memes, which you just said were not as bad as this
>The gameplay is discount Borderlands
Full retard

Attached: angry crocodile.jpg (351x291, 43K)

This movie is pure kino

Can I join the fascist corporation?
This makes me want to join them.

>Nazi Germany takes over big industries but maintains the name for morale
>Corporatist

It's debatable whether they're actually fascist, but yes, you can join the corporation.

This is definitely gonna be the last Epic exclusive game Obsidian ever releases.

Well?

Who made the call though? Microsoft who owns Obsidian, or Take Two who owns Private Division?

So who is evil?

Okay Leonard Boyarsky was right.
Other guy is fag

I don't remember anything about any Diablo game.

nice fake autist
saged

Schreier

Rick

cringe

Donald Trump

>JS
>kotaku
makes sense

((()))

What?

cringe meme

Unfortunately, this faggot is lying through his teeth when most of the marketing for this game is heavily hinting and implying that the corporations are inherently evil. Also, lets not kid ourselves in thinking that the corporations aren't going to end up being the BIG BAD in the end.

No, he isn't. You can join the corporations. Why would Boyarsky lie about this? It's been how all of his games with Cain have worked. Retard.

Shut up, faggot.

I don't remember his real name. Have they even said it?

corporations sometimes have incentives to do "bad" (or believe they do). not sure why that would turn you away.

>Outer Worlds still relevant even when they sold out to chinks

Attached: 1544128384974.jpg (991x1069, 97K)

It's on game pass and the Microsoft Store.

I urge to install and murder gnomes

>for good reason
There was originally no good reason for it other than "They rich"

Good job Yea Forums is here to show us that impressionable kids don't grow up getting the wrong idea and never drag politics into literally everything. Right, right? Right?

the jokes were not good retard. and I saw this as someone who was initially excited for this game and was turned off by the actual footage we saw at e3. It made me less hyped.

I know how you feel man. Some of these names gave me hope that it might be good. But when they actually had something to show, it was like tossed my hope in the garbage. It was janky as fuck, there was no consequences for anything they did, the humor was reddit shit, and the writing as people vaguely refer to as some potential saving grave did not show up at all so far. And this is on top of the setting being uninspired so far, which was one of the things I was hoping to carry the game.
and saying "it's just like arcanum and fallout" is not only a cop out, but is false as well. I don't know if your hope is blinding you, or perhaps you're being disingenuous for some reason, but the footage shown for this game makes it look like shit and there's no way around that.

>the humor was reddit shit
This is such bullshit. The humor was straight out of Futurama. I am 100% positive that if Arcanum were released today, I'd see this exact same post with the exact same shitty line.

They used the riches for systematic rape, to get strong, but obedient slaves, which wasn't the perfect solution to their problem - to be not oppressed.

That was only AFTER systematic oppression

Infinitely redpilled

so is this being made by the good half of the original fallout developer that became troika or the shitty half that became obsidian?

The lead developers and a small portion of the good half but the main bulk is from the shitty half.

n-nooooooo stop being sensible :(

Perhaps you are right, I don't remember much about Arcanum and I don't know much about the king, but he got shafted hard. Especially his family.

So is this real or did some user's shitpost actually work?

Attached: 155258578721.png (463x492, 179K)

It's real, see:

I don't understand why people are anal about it "critiquing the corporations". In most fiction there is no family-owned businesses or even local chains, it's all gentrified and horrific nightmare versions of McDonald's or Wal-Mart

You know you're on the internet where you can check sources within seconds, right?
Just google
>jason schreier interview leonard boyarsky

I haven't looked for sources on anything since I left school, user.
I also had a brain fart and was more focused on finding out who the fuck Jason Schreier is.

People have gotten so paranoid about commie trannies that they now think any criticism of unregulated capitalism whatsoever must mean you're one of them.

>We're going to buy Iphone Galaxy Fold XL to own the libs

corporations dont arise from unregulated capitalism, though. you should try reading a book for once in your life instead of getting all your info from youtube.

What did he mean by this?

Still doubt he can singlehandedly counter all of Obsidian's incompetence. They've never made a good game and TOV surely won't be one either.

Attached: ohnonononoi.png (1142x770, 974K)

>Not open world
Good
>Can't kill everyone
Yeah, you can. That's been confirmed. You're behind the news cycle.

You can, in fact, kill everyone

that one day people will buy Iphones unironically as a form of anti communist protest instead of hipsters with way too much money

Now that you mention it, I'm kinda shocked that hasn't happened already.

>You must have something you want.. hopes, dreams..
>No, mother! Not even dreams!

>Obsidian has never made a good game
Imagine honestly believing this

Attached: 1493910505262s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

This.
I honestly don't know why Sawyer insists on balancing those games. It's a waste of effort, time and money.
>balancing a single player game
>balancing a game whose mechanics you're gonna change anyway in the sequel

If we took out all regulations to capitalism right this moment, no one would be able to make a new corporation that could rival Google. Prove me wrong.

All those weird-hair-colored women got me worrying, is it gonna be on almost the same vein as VTMB2 except there are actual popular people known?
>claims they made VTMB but nobody at Troika is working on VTMB2
>they only made a novel that devolved into politics

Name one and I tell you why you're a faggot.

VTMB 2 has Brian Mitsoda, this has Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky.
I think both are gonna turn out to be decent RPGs, but I actually suspect, funnily enough, that Obsidian's will end up being the much better playing one, even though Obsidian is not known for that.
I have a hard time imagining either one will not be worth playing, for all the flaws I'm expecting.

Just one? Let me name two, at least: KOTOR 2 and Alpha Protocol.
Fuck it, I can't resist, let's go for three: South Park, Stick of Truth.

Well yeah but tapletops are already done, it's hard as balls to make entire original RPG mechanics without it feeling very shallow.

Worried about the story though, Chris Avellone is working on Dying Light 2 and even though his writing is "THESE ARE ALL SHADES OF GREY THE FACTIONS WON'T GET ALONG ALSO THERE'S PROBABLY AN EVIL FACTION OR TWO" I wouldn't trust anyone else to make a decent story

>hating something because of the fanbase
pathetic

I thought for sure Avellone was confirmed to be working on Bloodlines 2, although he's in basically every project ever and his contributions are usually minimal and not that good.

100%

It's not real. OP is fag AGAIN

What the fuck are you talking about? The link works for me.

Attached: wa.png (510x346, 195K)

I'm looking forward to either Bloodlines 2 and Other Worlds far more than I am to Cyberpunk 2077. That game is gonna be absolute boredom and I can already tell from miles away.

Attached: 52.jpg (554x439, 38K)

>Schreier
Why does it write itself, Yea Forumsros?

Are there more than two sides?

She has to be a fag hag, this dude is gay as fuck.

There's the third side of playing them both against each other, but I don't think there's an actual third big faction, no. Only minor factions spread throughout.

Fuck off stop projecting

Come on, you're felt the need to post with full on caps lock about OP. This is factual.

Stop shilling this failure

Attached: OuterWorlds.jpg (900x900, 1.13M)

I know this is like the 100th time this image gets posted, but:
>NOT Open-World
>NO lockpicking or hacking minigames
>NO romanceable NPCs
These are all unironically good things

no it doesn't, you are lying OP

What do you hope to gain from this

He's just bored

based retard

>No open world
>No romance
Sounds fucking great.

How does he go from writing decent articles like the breakdown of Anthem & Bioware to a garbage interview like this?

The interview is actually pretty good, aside from the "fascist" tirade.

*BUUUUUURP* FUCK CAPITALISM, MORTY. JUST *BUUUURP* BURN IT ALL DOWN!

Attached: OuterWorldsRickEpic.png (923x674, 1.05M)

>can't have villains in your game now without triggering journalists
This is getting rediculous

You can have villains, you just can't let the PC side with them :^)

Look at me: we're Obsidian now. Suck it up, incels.

Attached: ObsidianDevs.png (1200x675, 1.45M)

more like rickdickulous

So games can't be interesting without triggering journalists

I TURNED MYSELF IN TO A SHITTY GAME, MORTY!

I'M OUTER WORLDS RIIIICK!

Attached: OuterWorldsPickle.png (605x800, 144K)

You do realize everyone knows it's you, a single person, posting these images, right?

Attached: 4b6.jpg (816x1356, 352K)

IT'S CALLED ROLEPLAYING JASON
ROLE PLAYING

You do realize we know 90% of you shilling this game are unironically from a marketing agency? Bit weird how the majority of Outer Worlds threads that get posted have 250+ posts and generally about 20-30 posters? Rather interesting this thread has 99 when literally every other thread made is just 20 guys talking to themselves over and over, trying to hype the game.

Posters: 100
Less than 3 posts per person

Can't wait to enjoy the quality writing this game will deliver!

Attached: 1546648881973.jpg (475x593, 103K)

>Aren't you AFRAID YOU'LL TURN KIDS INTO NAZIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!
I can't fucking stand these troglodytes and I don't understand how anyone can be in their presence without being physically ill.
>Not allowed to like the Galactic Empire because THATS WHITE SUPREMACY
>Not allowed to like The Imperium of Man because THAT SUPPORTS FASCISM
>Can't even be creative and make your own stories with certain themes and subject matter because OH NOOO A KID MIGHT BECOME A NAZI AAAAHHHHHH
If you, at any point of your life, used phrases like "Power fantasy" and have this fucking idea in your mind that every single piece of fiction is "wish fulfillment" Then I am begging you,I am on my knees right now begging you. Please, please, PLEASE fucking kill yourself you worthless sack of flesh, please I beg you from the bottom of my heart.
Its not real, its fake, its fucking imaginary, its make belief. Fucking grow up.

Attached: 1488475383211.jpg (595x623, 38K)

you are one person. I clicked your link and the interview wasnt found ok? 99% of Yea Forums users just see that one other person checked and then dont bother to check themselves, so all the OP fag has to do is respond to himself saying it worked, really easy to fake

I guess this is easy to fake too

Attached: 444.jpg (896x383, 58K)

More like it will be a spiritual successor to Old World Blues, the most reddit DLC imaginable.

cringe

yes of course it is, literally just text

That was Chris Avellone, who is fortunately not working in this.

>What if some 13 year old is playing and he's like "You know what, this corporation who wants the control the narrative on this colony really has some good ideas"
Yeah wouldn't want kids going and becoming journalists.

>NOT OPEN WORLD
And That's A Good Thing™

Yeah

When is the open world meme dying? Every open world game suffers from it. Stop asking for this to be a feature, retards, it makes games worse.

Attached: gun.jpg (228x221, 8K)

Never. There are retards that genuinely think more empty space to travel through is a good time.

confirmed you can be a corporate boot? nice

The fact that mods that undo his idiocy are so popular (well, relatively given how little people play PoE) should give him a clue but apparantly Sawyer is too retarded to realize.

I suspect the average person doesn't really mind if Sawyer balances things around. I certainly don't.

>>Dun dun da, dun da-da da-da

The average person is a retarded normalfag. I don't know exactly why you are trying to prove but congratulations, normalfag.

I just adapt to whatever rule changes happen. If it makes the game harder, so be it, I don't reroll my stats like a bitch.

>You can, in fact, kill everyone
God I hope so. Fucking up their shit story is the only reason to pirate this dumpster fire in the first place.

Who hurt you?

Good sheep.

You're never gonna make it through life if you're this adverse to adaptation.

Literally a jewish pedophile, of that I have no doubt.

Can you speak using your own words or are you a living meme parrot?

that RPS guy is such a flaming so(y)boy faggot.
look at him replying like a reactionary BEYTAAA and having to be saved from these "uncomfortable" questions instead of putting his balls on the table. disgusting. gaymers deserve way worse than getting deprived of their indulgence in appealing female bodies in vidya.

>baaaaaahh, baaaaaaah!

Attached: anon.jpg (3692x2771, 1.25M)

seethe

the physiology doesn lie

cope beats seethe
also yikes and have sex tranny for good measure

If you are going to give a non-reply why bother at all.

dude why are you sitting here pretneding like jewthesda isnt pushing the california degeneracy ?

What the fuck is that walking skin cancer talking about?

based filler going over this jabronie with the clean pin in the middle of the ring

I kekked. But according to nu/v/ boyarsky is an SJW.

>Kotaku
Ah, Yea Forums is aware kotaku is going to die for the 4th time this decade with no literal comeback right?

They got liberal faggots on kotaku that don't even Vice, Vox or Buzzfeed want for being too retarded for their taste.

Of course they are willing to make shit up to rack those clickbait numbers.

Really?
There's no correlation between a developer and the quality of his games?
Tameem, is that you?

autism

Who cares? A new SJW site will take its place. This industry is filled to the brim with SJWs and there's nothing any of us can do about it. GamerGate was a resounding failure.

GG was retarded because throwing a trantrum that outlets you don't like exist in the internet era is perhaps some of the most pointless/innefective shitposts one could make. Personally all I need is Wario64 and Yea Forums. In the age of streamed conferences"directs" publisher websites and about 100000 active discussion boards on the internet, getting upset because the videogame spinoff of a gossip rag doesn't have the best content is insane. it is fun to laugh at, like the OP gave me a chuckle. but people getting mad tend to ruin it.

>Who cares? A new SJW site will take its place.
No.
It won't.

The trend now is slowly marching away from this. You will see a steady increase on the following:

Sites that require a paid subscription.
Sites sponsored by companies like Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft directly like Nintendo Power.
Merged sites that talk about games but not often.

Social justice just took a little longer to die but it was always a failed model. Clickbait lost the war to ad blockers and monetization.

YouTube killed those sites for good. Kotaku is worthless and so is their kind.

It will get better user.

Yeah, people trying to make a war out of it were retarded.

Delusional cope. There's no going back. They censored Tifa's tits, for god's sake.

Attached: privatization.jpg (2765x1308, 932K)

>we are losing and even propaganda pushing corporations are getting cold feet about resurrecting us for the umphth time
>nothing you can do, failure, ect.
We are doing just fine. In fact there is nothing we SHOULD do because you retards are getting rid of yourselves awfully well without any help dont @ me, tranny loser :)

I'll add onto this. The etymology of Privatization literally comes from Nazi Germany.

Catherine and CDPR are trannied, Tifa's tits are censored, Mortal Kombat 11 is muslified and sold well regardless, but yeah, we're totally doing fine. Retard.

can someone explain to me what posting random tweets/twitter bios is supposed to convey? people always do it here like it some sort of gotcha. they have been doing it for vtmb2 as well. but none of the tweets or bios are ever about the game.

Why can't you this asshole just stick to investigative journalism

This has to the most false flagging i've seen in a long ass time. Calm down and get an actual hobby.

For now.
It will launch on PC not too soon after.
Problem son?

GG is living in your head rent free

feels good that I will actively enjoy three of these games while user seethes online about politics.

I see through your tricks tranny. Fuck off back to discord.

>implying non-whites are on the faggotry level as Jason
It's always whites and Jews who are like this.

Gotta get in that A POX UPON DR. SLUMP signalling.

Meanwhile in the real world steam is selling eroge, trump won and woke studios keep going under.
By the way, it is awfully interesting how you suddenly drop the blackpilling act and when fullSJWtranny when challenged.
So, dilate sweaty.

>male-pattern baldness
>hook nose
>Beady, rat eyes
>Resembles a pawnshop owner or a sleazy lawyer

Yup, that's a chosen alright.

>Rick and morty is a children's cartoon

Yeah all those rape jokes are perfect for morning tv. It's a too deep 5 me stoner cartoon.

Doesn't matter how many of the studios go under if they never fucking learn their lesson. Bethesda, Ubisoft and Sony keep doing the same shit over and over again and in the mean time every other developer is joining them.

You truly are delusional.

based and redpilled, fuck /pol/niggers and fuck trannies

And than god. AAA morons doubling down despite their the value of their stock is a blessing. We might even get anothe vidya crack if we are lucky. Meanwhile, the indies that go against the grain (see KCD) are doing great.

"Deh!"

don't bother user, to a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Rick and Morty is just Invader Zim for pseuds

oops meant for

This.
The liberal reign of terror is slowly coming to a halt, even Disney will drop this shit by 2022.

They are replacing Kate Kennedy and even J.J Abrams talked about leaving Disney for Warner because his reputation was ruined by SW and Rian Johnson.

Marvel is silently killing SJW comics and DC has not talked about those trends for a while now.

In short SJWs never made any money and lived off clickbait which no real consumer likes.
Even Anita SARSkeesian is going under.

Trump most likely win 2020.

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed. the bitterness of ((men)) who fear the way of human progress.

We are all gonna make it user.

Fun fact: The video game "crash" only happened in America and very specifically in the console and arcade markets. Both PC gaming and the rest of the world in general were continuing to flourish vidya-wise.
Needless to say a second vidya crash would be even more insignificant.
But I get it, you weren't alive at the time.

I am truly happy you are winning your LARP son. will you be home for dinner?

This cope is blatant. You were saying the same shit back in 2014 and you'll be saying the same shit in 2024.

I'm sure he tried, but he's such a shit journalist he couldn't cut it. So instead he starts fights where there are none (Dragon's Crown), uses sensationalist terms to get people to rally behind him and so that if you disagree with what he publishes you seem like you're an apologist for that sensationalist term or group, (Dragon's Crown caters to pedophiles) and now that he has a following that will shut down his opposition for him he just keeps posting his bull shit sitting higher and higher on his bull shit throne. He's literally a journalistic cult leader, and like any cult leader if you have any intelligence at all you avoid him entirely but that doesn't stop him from capturing the attention of the brain dead.

>rounded face
>long downwards nose
>nose tip points down and is locate beneath the lower base
>typical rat ears
>thin upper lip larger lower lip
>typical jewish eye bags
>droopy eyes, outer edge of the eye is lower than inner edge
>curved eye brows, again with the outer edge being lower than the inner side
just a quick glance at this faggot is enough to know he is a dirty kike

Obligatory

Attached: 1560976439160.jpg (1313x2308, 1.37M)

Didn't that movie do great, too? But SJWs are totally dying, guys lol

The theaters were empty. Please. You have to believe me.

Attached: 1500617900669.png (598x600, 435K)

I love how Disney played both sides like a damned fiddle.

It's all there. So beautiful.

Attached: new-understanding-the-stages-of-grief-1.png (1200x901, 60K)

>Shilling for Alita and everything
lmfao

It was actually pretty hilarious. All the outrage youtubers just stopped talking about as soon as it posted 1 billion.

There's a reason they're at the top.

i am still confused as to what was SJW about it?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS WHY IS THIS WOMAN IN A MOVIE
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Most of the outrage came from the leading actress saying really woke shit in interviews and being an all around insufferable cunt. The movie itself was just alot of girl power stuff that men would just roll there eyes at in the 90s and move on.

The fact that no one called you a faggot for not archiving this is very concerning.

th-th-there was a powerful female in it and *sniffle* sh-she, she beat some other guys up.... it's n-n-n-not fucking fair bro...

This is not even a challenge any more.

Motherfucker still believes the Tim Robbins trope about Fascism being about corporations.

Attached: The Duck Can See.png (905x465, 92K)

>realize that nobody who worked on New Vegas is working on The Outer Worlds
>realize all the shit writers from PoE2 and Tyranny are doing the writing for OW
>realize Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are hacks these days
>last game Boyarsky worked on was on Diablo 3's narrative
>last game Tim Cain worked on was Wildstar
Jesus fuck bros

Attached: 1531709573128.jpg (530x669, 108K)

>realize that nobody who worked on New Vegas is working on The Outer Worlds
20% of the Outer Worlds team worked on New Vegas
>realize all the shit writers from PoE2 and Tyranny are doing the writing for OW
True, but with Boyarsky leading them
>realize Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are hacks these days
Alright, stopped reading here. Fuck off, dude.

>>realize that nobody who worked on New Vegas is working on The Outer Worlds
oh so it has a chance of being good? nice

why does schreier sound so gay?

You'll enjoy Mortal Kombat 11?

>20% of the Outer Worlds team worked on New Vegas
source
>Alright, stopped reading here. Fuck off, dude.
fuck off, what have they done since the Troika days that was notable?

nah, that is why I said 3.

Hell. Fricking. YES!!!!!!

Attached: PickleRickDAB.png (554x400, 87K)

>source
youtube.com/watch?v=n2CXtrPkT2M&feature=youtu.be#t=40s
>fuck off, what have they done since the Troika days that was notable?
They never worked together ever since the Troika days. Boyarsky was stuck in Diablo hell.

Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be shit too, politics aside

What's odd is that Sawyer actually buffed a lot of stuff in New Vegas, like 5mm and .22LR ammo and the Laser Rifle. The Gun Runner's DLC was essentially him giving the player a fuckload of opportunities to become as OP as possible, including easily farmable mini nukes for the Fat Man.

looks pretty good to me so far.

I still can't decide what was the bigger BTFO. This or Black Panther.