Crysis Reboot

How would you reboot the Crysis series?

Attached: 1547115019170.jpg (1920x1013, 708K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1sR4vQV1OKc&list=PLuHouiTQ8JgoS2b_5FUqdE3dLujacjnvs&index=6&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i wouldn't

Just Crysis 1 again, but with separate energy bars for each Suit mode as opposed to one United bar.

As an open world game with survival elements of course.
Which would jokes aside unironically be better than the original.

Yeah, with a battle royale mode as well, that would be great

I woul unironically reboot every game that was ever released as an open world with rpg elements. Give more bethesda and cdpr cummies

No aliens, more koreans

Make it only about being Predator against chinks or norks. Remove the whole alien plot. The best part of the game was fucking up koreans.

everything the same except the fucking aliens
no one cares about that retarded shit, i just want to fuck around with some gooks in some lost island in the middle of nowhere

Attached: 12.jpg (1352x936, 110K)

>rebooting something made in like 2007
I'd beat you publicly for eight hours for suggesting something like this, you're the reason games suck.

The Hargreave+Prophet vs. Aliens narrative is dry and overstayed it's welcome, in today's market I doubt a single player focused Crysis with a neato multiplayer would sell well enough unless they ditch the ceph completely and design the story and gameplay around Nanosuit vs. humans

If they really really worked gameplay, firearms and vehicles you could re-purpose the IP to fill the void that 2142 or games like Neo Tokyo left

By removing the useless technology.

First half of crysis before alien reveal was legit best game i played.

>not open world but half linear half open (you could approach missions and secondary objectives differently)
>graphics that still hold up today
>interesting plot about being otunumered on island searching for mysteriously gone archeologists
>interesting shooting mechanics (for me at least)

then aliens ruined everything and it turned into massive hurdurrr amrica army arivessss! btfo alinezz

>interesting shooting mechanics (for me at least)

It was 2007 and we could change weapon attachments at any time even in combat without having to even pause the game or exit combat or use a "weapon modification table"

I can't think of any games since then that do the same to the seamlessness that Crysis did back then

Attached: b14ba0629c6e44cee28ed53b9cacac14.gif (200x180, 2.97M)

more aliens types
more bioms, iceland, desert, tajga, that's all

there's nowhere to go with "first person open world game in a island" formula

>design the story and gameplay around Nanosuit vs. humans
How exactly does that meaningfully differ from Far Cry: New Dawn's superhuman mechanics? The entire point of Crytek's games was the interplay of player + humans + non-human threat. Without the third faction, you've got this overpowered human punching the shit out of everything. In Far Cry: New Dawn you can double jump, turn invisible, punch really hard, and shit like that. And it's good fun. But it's basically Far Cry: Instincts. Which to be fair was probably the direct influence for Crysis. But Crysis stood out because of its Predator aesthetics. Crysis 1 = Predator 1. Crysis 2 = Predator 2. Same shift to concrete jungle and everything.

take the concept of hunting some shmucks down before the aliums show up.

the 1st half of crysis and warhead was top notch, the ailens were just janky not fun.

i would love the game way more if it was just letting me loose vs some random vietnam dictator.

>How exactly does that meaningfully differ from Far Cry: New Dawn's superhuman mechanics?

it wouldn't be Ubishit

Sometimes what is proven to be fun has to take priority over what was intended, especially when the plot used to deliver the intended experience (vs aliens) is depleted
Crysis isn't competing with Far Cry so it's a non-issue

What I'm saying is that Crysis has a very similar problem to Jedi videogames. Or Predator videogames for that matter. It's very difficult to make a compelling game experience if the player is obscenely OP. That's fun in small doses, but the player needs a foil. Now the Ceph were a kinda shitty and incompetent foil. Maybe a better solution would be other humans with nanosuits or something.

Personally, I think Crysis 3 should have focused on Psycho without his nanosuit, using hardcore survival tactics to battle a superior enemy. But the series ended up enslaved to an OP nanosuit the devs could never figure out how to balance satisfactorily.

>Maybe a better solution would be other humans with nanosuits or something.

That's my idea; repurpose the IP by expanding the story into a scenario where multiple countries have developed Nanotechnology and nanosuits then develop a game and multiplayer around that
With decent ai and gameplay mechanics; enemies with nanotechnology would be a worthy foil
Else constrict the nanosuit as they did in 1; it makes you tough but on hard it will never save you from a group of Koreans if they catch you in the open

to refuse the nanosuit and nanotechnology is to refuse what made Crysis, Crysis; and to make a generic shooty bad man game

I wouldn't reboot it but I would go back and give it multi core support + nerf thrown items. Maybe touch up the graphics in a few areas as well.

What I would do instead of a reboot is remake the sequels to be not shit.

I forget, how quickly could you switch between the two alt fire modes of each weapon in doom16

There's no need. Crysis already looks photorealistic.

Attached: ScreenShot0194.1.jpg (2560x1440, 936K)

Fuck you all I liked the aliens

Crysis has Koreans in supersuits. After you kill them, then you get attacked by aliens which are far larger than you are in many cases.
Play the fucking game some time.

>Fuck you all I liked the aliens
I liked the aliens conceptually. What I find overall a bit weird is people who play a game that is one giant Predator homage, and then they say, "Let's remove the Predators."

their ai was still shit and they only used cloak
the aliens afterwards are boring to play against

>Crysis has Koreans in supersuits.
The knock-off KPA nanosuits play a tiny role in the game. They literally appear in one scene then never appear again. Also they weren't particularly good at fighting.
>then you get attacked by aliens which are far larger than you are in many cases.
The Ceph were all bark and no bite. At least the Trigen in Far Cry were legitimately dangerous. The problem with Crysis is that you never really came up against an enemy that felt dangerous. The Ceph in Crysis 2/Crysis 3 are even worse in this regard.

So what's the appeal to the game? I played 2 and it was mentally fatiguing trying to force myself to play it. I appreciated the times when the environment lent itself to allow the player to approach things in various ways but it was rare. Mind I played on the hardest difficulty.

They should just re-release Crysis with DX11/12 support and proper multithreading. It's a great game, but it's not as efficient as it was when it came out.

It really was something else when it came out. I also loved the physics where you could just blow up all kinds of shit. I remember driving all the trucks/cars in a level, I think it was the level just before encountering the aliums, to a single place inside a digging pit, put a ton of explosives on there and sniped it from a distance to watch it explode into a huge explosion. I spent like an hour doing that and was not disappointed with the result. Modern games seem to completely ignore physics, its a shame desu.

because you played 2, 2 and 3 are complete shit, play 1 and maybe if you want mediocre play warhead

Crysis is a somewhat open-ended military shooter but with superhuman abilities. Crysis 2 isn't remotely similar.

definitely no zero gravity level

>So what's the appeal to the game?

Be a super-solider and shoot Koreans
2 really expanded the help system with a visor highlighting routes and clearly marking everything; 1 sorta didn't do it as much; it marks a point on the map with an objective but how you get there and achieve it is very open
Play 1 and really try to step back at every situation to approach it differently and abuse the environment to your advantage in the moment or in pre-planning
2 doesn't have that; you have to do X and kill everyone to get the objective regardless of the route you choose

that is very, very, VERY far away from photorealistic
Crysis had best graphics in the world in 2007 but that was decade+ ago and most of the shit they've done for the game to look like that is absurdly inefficient and hardware hungry
DirectX moved three fucking generations and we now have stuff like efficient pipelines for photogrammetry.

None of that shit is being utilized to its full potential because developers are forced to continue making games for hardware from 2013, but Crysis didn't give a fuck back then.

Attached: 1515148655515.jpg (600x703, 46K)

Appreciated and noted, I'll give 1 a shot and sell this hot garbage to someone.

Watch Nanosuit ninja for inspiration, way back in the day he made videos showing what you could really do with the suit and environment
youtube.com/watch?v=1sR4vQV1OKc&list=PLuHouiTQ8JgoS2b_5FUqdE3dLujacjnvs&index=6&t=0s

>I played 2
I'm so sorry user, 2 was fucking awful and I hear 3 was even worse, try 1 instead.

3 was better than 2
they fucked themselves over with New York. We could have games set in fucking Siberian taiga or African jungle as Prophet hunted CELL and the aliums, but we got fucking Manhattan with bushes and vines for no fucking reason.

these guys are my pigmented pals

Just do Crysis 1 with more coastal camps and jungle patrols you can fuck with
No fucking aliens, no bullshit energy weapons

I think I'm the only one who liked the idea of NK getting their own nanosuits. Too bad the AI sucked ass for those types of troops.

>Make Crysis 1
>Make island open world
>Add some Lost season 1/2 mystery elements to story

>Crysis had best graphics in the world in 2007 but that was decade+ ago and most of the shit they've done for the game to look like that is absurdly inefficient and hardware hungry
Not true at all. Crysis is MASSIVELY more efficient than the overwhelming majority of AAA PC titles since. The main problem is it only utilizes two cores, because dual-core CPUs were just catching on when the game was in development, and quad-core was unheard-of. Other than that, Crysis could see minor efficiency gains on a modern graphics API. Nothing to write home about, since Crytek already made very good use of what they had.

>DirectX moved three fucking generations
Two. Crysis helped market DX10 (which actually sucked). Since then, there's been DX11 and DX12. Even then, DX11 was more of a game changer in terms of features. DX12 just puts more of what used to be the driver's work on the developer, as a way to get minor ~5% rendering throughput gains- if you're very skilled and very lucky. Otherwise you're more likely to lose just as much throughput on DX12.

I liked the aliens in the first game

Big Anime Titties

>no aliens
or
>if aliens
>implement them into gameplay style of the first half of the game

Seriously, the game was amazing until the aliens showed up. I don't dislike the aliens, it's just that the gameplay in the first half was pretty open and you could approach the bad guys your way. When the alien levels started, the game turned super linear and you weren't allowed to have fun anymore. All I wanted was to sneak around and hunt soldiers like Rambo Predator, but no.

open world is a buzzword forced into gaming journalism by jews