Black Desert Online

Is this game any good? I kind of want to play an MMO since I've never tried one before

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 47K)

game was fun 2 years ago
then they ruined it
don't play it

Monitoring this thread

no

if you want cute asian waifus just play honey select or koikatu. if you want a good MMO to play, you're shit out of lick brcause they're all awful.

Attached: 1557841386377.webm (500x500, 472K)

I had fun when it released, but haven't played since. Only thing I've done recently is make the dwarf girl that comes out soon.

It's meh.

They censored the loli in your image if that's one of your interests for picking it up.

I wouldn't bother, if I were you.

>gook mmo no.1598151684984
>good

when will they learn?

Great potential ruined by greedy gook devs and publishers and it's getting shittier by the day.

just get elder scrolls online

You're thinking of tamer which still gets lewd outfits. Shai is the oldest character lore wise and looks like cute loli mommy.

This game has actually been getting really good updates lately and it's pretty good right now desu.

Play Warframe, it's not an MMO but probably one of the decent close-to-MMO experiences you will get right now.

Just play Tera.

>2
try the beta

peak generic

The character creator is great.

Everything else past that is so fucking boring.

I've been following developement way before beta, then played on a russien server through vpn because it was free there. I bought the game on EU release and have been playing since. There's been breaks of various lengths for sure, but I never have considered it a game that I don't play anymore. After all these years of grinding, I still consider the combo system combat engaging and satisfying way more than using hotbars and quickslots. You can also play the game entirely solo for the most part, and still be decently efficient. Other than having no raids and dungeons, no instances of any kind, and the huge difference in combat mechanics, I don't know how much it differs from other modern MMOs. If you have any specific questions, do ask.

Why does an mmo need a "remastered" version..?

Attached: 1528082220784.png (325x308, 32K)

what MMO should i play instead? i need my fix

Why would anyone play bdo? Even if just for the character creator, there are much better games if that's what you care about.

I'm not mistaking anything. Shai is censored.

Attached: Black Desert censored.png (636x137, 25K)

ff14 desu

game of waifu's
all the remastered did was update the graphics
it didnt actually make the game any better and afaik is still in a garbage state to this day

In a move that surprises absolutely no one. Western is so cucked.
>watch video of shai character creation
>every single video stops the outfit preview just before the underwear
lol

This. I've even gone to spending money on it.
You can grind to 50 in a single day without another character to buy you shit.
After that it's grinding to make more money and failstacks so rng will let you upgrade your weapons and armor which have a hundredths of a percent chance to drop from certain enemies or bosses.

Nope.

you will need to grind a shit ton at endgame just to stand a chance in pvp

No, don't even consider installing it. It's shit.

Attached: 14501.jpg (576x768, 110K)

>which have a hundredths of a percent chance to drop
First of all, it's a korean mmo, what do you expect. Secondly, you have several options to obtain them. If you stick with just going to the boss spawns, you can still boost your item find chance though buffs and potions and levelling up the node itself. Other than that, you can buy it from marketplace, there are also several ways to make money from grinding to fishing to trading, or some combination of them. Then there are login reward tokens that if you get enough you can get them for free essentially. Also some events hand out BiS items for free or for a short questchain. Aaand still, boss drop items while are handy, aren't as much of a neccessity as good gear overall. You can run around with a PEN kzarka and do no dmg if you have no other items that give accuracy, for example. Non-boss items are hilariously easy to enchant to DUO or TRI if you have the stones or silver to buy them.

>you will need to grind a shit ton at endgame just to stand a chance in pvp
Depends on which kind of PVP. 1v1 real world or BA duels come down to how good you are with your class. You can beat people in full pen gear with duo or tri items if you can keep them stunlocked and/or avoid getting stunlocked utilizing super armor/forward guard and dodging/blocking. It just takes more skill. But there are many peoply that p2w their way to tet or pen items and such major ass. That said, if these people bumrush you during node war, you'll be dead in seconds.

I'm having fun with it right now and they've been pumping a decent amount of content lately. Right now there are a few events which you as a new player can take advantage of:
1. If you get to level 50 before your 14-day trial ends, you get a free game pass which officially costs $10. Event ends July 10th.
2. If you create a new Shai character before June 26th, you'll get a bunch of good stuff like free 100m silver, weight limit and inventory space, and a box full of accessory gear.
3. If you buy 5000 kakao cash, you get a free explorer's package, which is worth $50 originally. You might be reluctant to do this because it's quite a bit of cash, but if you find yourself enjoying the game post-56 then by all means do it, and buy a pet package with the cash (the only thing obligatory to buy in the game are pets IMO). You also get a pet, maids, inventory space and horseflutes from the package which will get you started.

Attached: 1560883681907.png (997x577, 364K)

Just play sp rpg.
What fix does MMO's gives? I don't get it. It was fun when it was new, but now it's just the same busy work over and over.
SP RPG gives you the same progression without the hamster wheel work attached.

>censored loli
whats the point

lol

Attached: xABT0ST.png (505x571, 224K)

It has the best combat system ever. Other than that, it's a huge grind fest. Life skills and worker empire are pretty cool tho.

Sp doesn’t have a dick measuring contest.

Play old school runescape. The quests in that game are amazing

It's good if you enjoy grindy pay to win shit

>looks like an assgoblin barbie

Attached: 1252986630922.jpg (960x1800, 466K)

not even a little bit

try ESO, FFXIV, or City of Heroes

I bought it on sale. I think I'm like level 27 or something so I haven't played much but its fun as a casual game. If you like creating characters in rpgs you're going to have fun plus the combat is satisfying. Although I prefer to play it shit faced drunk. If you want an actual mmo you're gonna have to play ffxiv/wow or something.

Attached: 1515781479380.gif (364x361, 53K)