Ads on your dashboard

>ads on your dashboard

Attached: 1560772583893.png (2760x2040, 1.46M)

I haven't seen an advertisement in years, ad block on all the time, I never leave the house , don't watch (((cable))) tv and I only play on my gamecube and PS2

The switch has ads on the lock screen too.

pc (windows 7) doesn't have this problem

Those are news articles

news articles are ads

steam does

what steam? All I know are .exe files

>have not seen ads in years outside of billboards I never look at directly
>always amazed at the inane shit other people commit to their memories and spend their time on and how they get so passionate over the silliest things that marketers have told them to

>news articles are ads

Attached: 1555448341268.jpg (628x534, 75K)

tfw "news articles" are just game news, release announcements and sales announcements from devs or nintendo now

where are these ads supposed to be on the ps4?

Literally nitpicking. I dont even notice them.

if you're connected to the internet you get ads beneath your games

I don't see it honestly

>news articles are ads

you must not own a ps4 then or are in denial.

Yea Forums

Does it? I dont have any on my PS4.

Attached: spellbound.jpg (640x845, 228K)

Why would I spend time on the dashboard

Because youre not autistically scrolling down to the very bottom of your game to look for DLC links.

am I supposed to try really hard to find these fucking ads or something?

Attached: 20190623161522.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

>tfw video game ads haven't been fun since pre-2010 days

Yeah I've never seen ads on my PS4
Suggesting relative games in the store or showcasing expansions is hardly an ad
Microsoft barraging you with advertisement barf is very very real though. I remember getting a background for 360 but couldn't see shit because their terrible layout. I saw more Doritos and mountain dew than I saw background.

Attached: 1560727794113.gif (200x200, 2M)

cope

Attached: ps4-os.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

Nintenfags btfo

>Ubisoft
There's your problem.

'''''''ads''''''' related to the game that's being viewed
so this is the power of nintendie autism

>own xbox and switch
>clean interfaces, easy to navigate, fast operation
>also own ps4
>ads literally next to every single game you hover over
>a literal dedicated tab just to market P$+ to you
>a literal link to tv and video you can't even hide

cancer

>suggesting the DLC to that game is an ad

so?

yes?

No

those are in the game itself
thank ubisoft for that

it is. fuck off shill. this shit wouldn't appear on ps3.

The Hero’s Smash trailer isn’t a news article.

might want to check up on the definition then, bud

>tfw xbone ui is better than ps4
>but then they shove ads in every corner of the screen

It isnt, and the same shit was on PS3

Attached: images.png (303x166, 5K)

Where's the game?

Attached: 9I2Qh6t.gif (300x300, 891K)

>HEY! Here's something you can BU- Enhance your gameplay! Just 9.99$ Exclusive!
hello, are you retarded

prove me wrong
prove there isn't a dedicated P$+ tab
prove there isn't some shitty box dedicated to tv and video which you can't even delete or hide

>Makes it more direct to get monthly freebies
>Bundles all tv/movie entertainment into one box

>Ads

>>>>>>>>>>Wat

Attached: 1555351089284.png (483x701, 346K)

>prove there isn't a dedicated P$+ tab
There isn't one. Unless you're a platinum faggot and pretending the PS store is the PS+ tab, or that teeny little PS+ taskbar icon is an issue.
>prove there isn't some shitty box dedicated to tv and video which you can't even delete or hide
1. Highlight the TV Icon
2. Press Options
3. Move to Folder
4. Create new folder entitled "Bloat"
5. Drop it in there, along with your imaginary dedicated PS+ tab

Get user base to create the ads and then put them on your dashboard.

Attached: 28EECFF2-B7BC-4ECB-B18D-772E5D3F2F90.jpg (1200x675, 115K)

This was great. I miss when Nintendo had soul.

so you admit there is a literal P$+ tab and you can't hide the tv box without causing even more bloat by making a folder which takes up the same space anyway. at least you admit sony are cancer.

You are cringe personified

Attached: 1560727215601.png (625x626, 53K)

MCDONALD'S!

cope shill

There's no PS+ tab. There's an icon that I had to look for to find. But you tell yourself whatever you need to. I hate Sony for a lot of stupid shit, but you're scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

>xbox interface clean of ads

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-114121_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 567K)

Honestly and quite literally your fault.

??

>spiderman, sonic, crash
are you 10 years old?

Imagine being this delusional and in denial

Attached: 1560696477617.jpg (413x395, 38K)

>7 Stars
>9 Stars

Casual fucking Faggots. 15 or more are the only acceptable numbers

Briga me

not my PS, I only play crash, sonic is this month's PS Plus free game and I downloaded it to see if you can play other account's psplus games. Spiderman is my brother's. Anything else?

DELETE THIS

Attached: 4 the players.jpg (920x900, 329K)

No doubt about it
Projecting

Sony ads are not as bad and in your face as micro$ofts. Theirs is just inexcusable and horrendous as well as the UI

its pretty pathetic that either of them have ads tbqh.
Nintendo really is the only true video game company left, guessing this will become more apparent when sony and micro both push streaming service shit next gen

That's DLC for the game being viewed, not ads for other games or even non gaming related shit like on the Xbox dashboard
Also;
>Trine 2
>NFS: Rivals
>KZ: Shadowfall
How many years have you been waiting to post that screenshot? Jej

>nintendies calling other 10 year olds

Attached: 1540981838260.png (238x207, 55K)

>my brother
>still living with your family
so you are underage?

idort here here's my take
>sony home screen is cleaner but the good things end there
>main thing you care about in game is the side menu for recordings, friends lists, parties, cheevos, trophies, messaging, settings etc
>xbox is colossally better in this area and the UI is really, really fucking good
>sony UI is limited to friends, trophies and parties pretty much
>also has notifications tab which is really shitty and combines everything from downloads to messages to unlocked trophies in one space
>xbox side UI separates them and keeps them in their own respective tabs for easier navigation and less clutter
>also opening a message or party invite makes you leave the game on ps4
>can send messages within the side menu on xbox without having to leave the game screen (better for MP) as well as use the LFG feature (not even sure sony has this feature at all)
>xbox UI also allows for party overlay so you can see who's speaking at any time
>also allows for cheevo tracker to display on screen
>can watch saved clips right from the xbox side UI whereas the PS4 makes you go to the home menu

overall xbox is better where it matters. if you spend all day looking at a home screen then the ps4 is better.

Nah, just millennial

Attached: McXbox.gif (476x268, 2.71M)

damn that sucks
Have you considered a job?

Keep moving those goal posts.

it's from google brainlet

Attached: 1445981541665.jpg (364x302, 29K)

this UI is ancient, look at the games there lol

The DLC available is now off screen, you have to scroll down into the game's info to see it
See the post you replied to

what is it with Americans and their culture of kicking their kids out at 18 straight into debt

Then why do Switch owners love ads?

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-075543.png (2048x1844, 627K)

Nah you're under age, live at home. Either at it's embarrassing and you should probably just kys

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-075733.png (1517x2048, 682K)

I left home at 18 and have never been in debt
Its called not being a lazy stupid faggot. I know this is a very foreign concept to a yuropoor

You are really grasping for straws. I'm more inclined to believe this post is a falseflag.

Do you even know what a false flag is?

>tendies getting mad about ads when they literally sent nintendo a thank-you card for an advert

Attached: Thankyou-600x309.jpg (600x309, 69K)

Even if you weren't obviously lying, not a single soul cares. Stop trying to get validation on an anonymous message board you loser.

>the ninceldo wakes up on a sunday and the first thing he does is be tsundere for sonyCHADS

>Posting reddit screenshots
You need to go back

Explain. My browser supports multiple tabs.

>also has notifications tab which is really shitty and combines everything from downloads to messages to unlocked trophies in one space
>xbox side UI separates them and keeps them in their own respective tabs for easier navigation and less clutter
Do you generally look at your notifications more than once a year?

Do you? You're purposely making Sony people look retarded.

>I enjoy spending half of my income to pay rent and bills
>I'm such a good goy, i love reducing my buying power for the sake of making my landlords rich

Attached: 1548274909190.jpg (400x396, 28K)

the NEETcope

>Do you generally look at your notifications more than once a year?
i use the side menu's a lot. 90% of my console experience is just MP with friends seeing as PC is better in literally every way imaginable for all 3rd party multiplats. i'm constantly sending, receiving message, joining parties or inviting people to parties, trying to unlock cheevos sometimes (like in MCC), sometimes using LFG to find more players if i don't have enough people online etc. i take advantage of everything my consoles offer and as a complete package the xbox UI is better imo and i doubt many people will disagree. i won't deny the ads on the home screen are shitty though but thankfully i don't spend any more than a few minutes at a time on it, like most other people. i got sent a questionnaire survey from MS recently and they actually asked about the xbox home UI, the ads and my experience with it. one of the questions was specifically related to feeling like there are too many ads so the feedback is clearly getting to them. i literally just told them to make the xbox 360 blades again or NXE and it would be perfect. if sony asked i'd tell them to go back to the ps3 os as well. both of these newer consoles are steps down compared to previous gen.

>not living with your brother in a flat as roommates
you retarded by any chance?
Imagine being an americlap and hating your entire family for no reason

In this whole novel you never anwsered my question

Are you looking at your old notifications often?

I literally just took these screenshots

the supposed PS+ ads being showed into your face is actually a tiny icon in the submenu above the main menu, it's not even the default option and doesn't even show any ads unless you explicitly enter it

If you hover over a game it just shows contextual info about your progress, and if you enter the game's info page the only "ad" is a link to dlc/themes whatever at the bottom

The only ads I could find was in the TV/video section, but you can just remove it from your main screen and it will only reside in the applications section of the library, you never have to look at it.

Attached: 20190623170339.jpg (1920x3264, 837K)

yes

>i'd tell them to go back to the ps3 os as well

yes, the XMB was so much better than the PS4's UI

Thats next level autism

meanwhile my 360 has deoderant ads the instant you boot it up

nope. if i want to send a message to someone the easiest way is to find their notification and press it to reply to it. way quicker than going to the home screen and then messages or scrolling through my friends list (ps4 doesn't even show offline players anyway). on xbox i simply open the side menu, scroll to messages and all of them are there and it's a 30 second job. the only equivalently quick way on ps4 is to scroll through a bunch of netflix updates and community posts to get to said old messages to reply to it.

>y-you can go to party menu without leaving the game
>cant download while in a game

Lmaoing my ass off

>he messages on the console itself
Big yikes

>people are complaining about ads (really just new Nintendo games or DLC) on the page where you just press a, you aren't even forced to look at or watch them

>>cant download while in a game
that's the ps3. every console since the 360 except the ps3 can download whilst in game.

what am i supposed to use?

I've never owned a Sony console.

>cant download while in a game
Actually this is a feature beacuse the hardware isn't powerful enough to handle installation and storage I/O concurrently with gaming, so in order to not make the game chug you're not allowed to play

I myself use the app.

>he doesn't mention sony
>You're making sony look bad!

Got something on your chest snigger?

>Ads in your start menu
>ads on your home screen
There is no escaping it, user.

Attached: ads_in_start_menu.png (1024x768, 161K)

>ps4 doesn't even show offline players anyway
que?

Attached: 20190623172446.jpg (1920x1080, 562K)

looks like we both take different approaches

>arguing over which console UI has the most or least adverts
they all have adverts, get that gross shit out of my face
clean desktop or bust

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 745K)

Mine doesn't look like that

Attached: pc.png (651x595, 280K)

Xboxshills on suicide watch

didn't see that. you learn something new every day. doesn't change my opinion on sony needing to completely revitalise the side menu to be on par with competitors though.

Imagine being this much of an incel

Attached: 1541130602053.jpg (621x960, 47K)

Yeah, after you had to right click each tile and click 'Unpin from Start'.

>sideways taskbar
>grainy wallpaper
cringe

at least its not rainmeter

What's your point? I don't have any ads there. Problem?

They might have hamstrung themselves by making parts of the OS run on a dedicated processor aside from the main APU, so they're limited in what they can implement. That's why the PS3 never got party chat, sony didn't reserve enough ram for the OS.

I think they put a lot more work into the app to be honest, it's faster to message people and manage parties there than using the on screen keyboard

>xbox wants to make sure you don't get stinky when playan
I don't see the problem.

Fuck the xbone's UI, fuck that slow as fuck processor that's allocated to it, fuck signing in to Xbox Live which gets slower and buggier until you do a hard reset and makes suspending games a pain the ass, fuck Mixer and Gold, and fuck Microsoft. FUCK.

>not using a vertical taskbar
enjoy your wasted space kid

This
Xbox barely functions compared to my PS4(which actually has games to boot!)

feels fine to me. sounds like yours is faulty.

xbox one x right?

original xbox one shitters got jazzed on hard

Must be hard not being loved by La Familia, almost 30, and still living with the parents because it's cheaper and they love give me food and having me in home for tech support.
Just went from home to my job and hang out with GF 2 or 3 days per week...
Heck basically im a Highschooler

>fuck that slow as fuck processor that's allocated to i
This is a problem for all consoles. They dedicate 1 or maximum 2 tablet tier cores to the operating system and surrounding functions. It's why just opening your friends list on the side menu on PS4 has like a 5 second loading screen even if you just opened it and closed it a 2 seconds before. It had to reload all the information and the general processing speed is very slow.

xbox one s

t. UFC official sponsor Doritos TM

Bullshit. I have a normal one and the X, and they both have the same issue. Only solutions online are to do a hard reset (which only works temporarily), which is bullshit because the Pro and Switch are able to handle logging in and suspending pretty easily.

I have an og xbox one I bought for 80 bucks and it doesn't have that issue.

Not that guy but it's not hard to be a man and actually live like an adult while having a loving family.
If I were 30 and living with my parents I think I would literally kill myself.

Attached: 1558727298231.gif (350x340, 223K)

Honestly I think it's just the consoles having weak hardware. So many times I've turned my PS4 back on from rest mode and my game which was in standby was closed (happened today as well with GoW). There must be some sort of allocation for background tasks where if its exceeded the OS automatically starts closing stuff to prevent crashing or freezing or something. Its really annoying. Even my 6 year old PC can go into sleep mode and I can restore a fully running game just fine even after like a week of not being at home.

agreed
that's fucking embarrassing

Do you even have a license and independently pay for your vehicle?

I never have that issue

there's an option in the PS4's settings which allows it to close your games in rest mode to install updates & patches
I think it's on by default, try turning it off

Attached: 1559412537696.png (500x564, 385K)

Remember the Wii u gamepad, which would turn itself on to advertise to you?

I've had that off since the week I bought the console. It happens all the time I just have it down to either shit programming by Sony or shit incapable hardware.

Remember when Microsoft redesigned the Xbox 360 dashboard literally just so they could shove more ads in your face?

Yep, I have it, I drove to my job everyday, and when my parents want to go to get the groceries, going to dinner or want to go to our ranch, Im there.

I've been working on other cities a couple of times in last years, eventual shit of my job, so isn't like I want to pay a rent and move all my stuff for 1-3 months.
Also my Dad is starting with some tyoe of Dementia, neurologist didn't have an diagnosis yet, but I preffer to help mom, normally he is cool but can get aggresive or very irrational from time to time.

Spooky

The mighty number 9 ad was fun, it just made the mistake of insulting its primary audience.

lol one of those threads again

Attached: 1555576765960.jpg (500x594, 225K)

Remember when the wiiu automatically downloaded a program onto your home screen that was just an ad for lost reavers

it's 98.5 millions now
LOL

ahahah the non-Sony plebs must be seething
can't wait to listen to their excuses!
>b-b-b-but sales don't matter!

I cannot stand watching advertisements anymore. They're all exactly the same, every single fucking ad is trying to sell you an experience. Hey you, Mr. Family man, buy our new car and your family will be magically happy again, everyone singing along on road trips, you have model kids now, you and you wife are getting along better than you have in years, just buy this car. Love your wife or husband? Buy them a FUCKING CAR for a surprise during our Christmas in July sale! Ho Ho HO! Oh look, it's one of those quirky and h i l a r i o u s insurance ads, we should all switch to progressive because that stupid box told us to.
Every single fucking thing is trying to appeal to the maximum lowest common denominator, I'm so fucking sick of it.

Attached: 1511496362370 2.jpg (250x250, 6K)