Attached: 3max.jpg (497x810, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D56RQL0PmWQ
steamcommunity.com/app/921570/discussions/0/1640913421083743220/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

imagine being american

you should have picked tressa, you pleb

>Picked worst job
I'm sorry user. Unless you like Lunar: dragon song, in which case is perfect to emulate that failure of a game.

>default troll answer

Imagineth beinge Americane.

''Yo yo yo, gonna grab my bow 'n' shiet and start blasting arrows at da bears! How else me's getting da food?''

Better?

You're too low IQ for H'aanit.

>Literally adds th or n at the end of words.
>Chapter 1 is just the circleth of lifen

>Leghold trap, arrowstorm, and draefandi's rage
>Worst job

>pick you main party
>pick your secondary party
>main party fights first
>secondary fights last????
Dropped the fuck out of that game

You know anyone can use those abilities, right? I was talking about her own ability to call a monster that does whatever the fuck it wants.

But they don't do whatever the fuck they want. You can clearly see which type of attack each beast uses.

play Xenoblade if you want a real RPG for your Switch

Oh right, also the monster will go for whatever exposed weakness there is, but yeah it is pretty trash.

Nope, I have seved a couple of videos of them fucking up exactly because of appologists like you, shame I'm at the beach, phoneposting and my switch it's at home.

But don't worry, il post one in the next octopath traveler thread I see.

I don't even know what you're trying to say but you should enjoy the beach instead of phoneposting here, user.

>Picking H'aanit

For what purpose?

youtube.com/watch?v=D56RQL0PmWQ
this game would be worth playing even just for the music

>believing Yea Forums about video games
Octopath Traveler sucks dick. The combat system is a poor ripoff of Bravely, the new gimmick with weakpoints makes combat strategy obvious and braindead instead of allowing for the player to find what works for them.
The "Eight different stories!" shit breaks down fucking IMMEDIATELY when after you finish your first chapter 1 the game goes "now finish all the other chapter 1's so you're strong enough to start chapter 2!" Grinding everything to a screeching halt. Then that's made even more obvious and awkward when your chosen main character and anyone you picked up just isn't in the cutscenes for each new Chapter 1
The graphics are the biggest fucking meme ever. Combat sprites look good but there's fucking ten of them and they just constantly re-color them. Out of combat sprites are the same faux 8-bit shit you've seen before, except now it's plastered on 3D unreal models with real-time lighting that looks like shit.

Literally the only redeemable thing about this entire shitheap of an RPG is the music. I've finished fucking Nep games and I couldn't be assed to finish this garbage. You should've waited for DQ11S

Attached: kenshiro.png (75x95, 16K)

dunkey destroyed this game a year ago, Yea Forums hated it ever since

cope

>8-bit
It's funny when zoomers use words they don't understand and out themselves as retards

Dunkey did a shitty joke review that purposedly depicted the game way worse than it actually is just because he can't get over his hatred for JRPGs.

Imagine being a faggot who needs to keep bringing up nationality.

Regardless of some eceleb faggot the game is very mediocre and is only really notable for the retro aesthetic

>Combat sprites look good

Maybe for the boss. The normal enemy's sprites are the fucking blob of pixelate shit.

>Grinding
Nope. You don't have to since the encounter rate is high. However; you have to fight in every 10 steps (except using a skill).

>implying bravely default's system is not braindead.

Attached: octopath_party.jpg (1024x611, 112K)

>no argument
>likely didn't even play the game
Octopath is the biggest disappointment for old-school RPG lovers in a long time, and it stings coming after Bravely Default, which did such an amazing job.

Attached: 1478784940948.gif (248x225, 203K)

only a braindead redneck would have problems with H'aanit's speech, have sex

>arguing with someone who doesn't even know what 8-bit means
I don't argue with retards

>grinding everything to a screeching halt
>as in putting the brakes on the narrative
>nuh uh the encounter rate is high you don't have to grind for XP
...Please be ESL

How many times did the word mayhap get used? Felt like too fucking many

wish they'd fucking bring the BD series to Switch already rather than wasting their time with pc gamers

H’aanit is the worst character to play and her gimmick doesn’t work and her main pet doesn’t even scale so she is shit. Rather pets only need to be caught once then they have costs and limited use per battle.

Grinding imply the very specific act here, you monolingual monkey.

you don't keep track of how many times you have bread

>NiggaDoYouExpectMeToReadAllThatShitByYou.jpg

>You can pick whoever you want!
>You can play in any order you want!
>A massive amount of skills and jobs!
>Exquisite art based on Final Fantasy 6!
>but picking your first character doesn't really matter because you have to get them all to be strong enough for chapter 2
>and you can't really play in any order unless you grind because the game sets a clear order for chapters with level requirements
>but the number of skills is tiny, the synergy is obvious, and the weakness system is trash
>but the lighting is shit and the number of unique sprites is hilariously low
Octopath Traveler isn't a very good game

Attached: 1396561372222.gif (256x192, 1.59M)

speak for yourself I enjoyed octopath more than bravely default

Later chapters have a bunch of very good beasts that make her a reliable and flexible character.

Attached: 1555555251523.jpg (520x694, 79K)

>tl;dr on 150 words
You dyslexic or something?
Also, here. Don't fucking delete it next time.

Attached: tldr.jpg (392x500, 37K)

>dunkey destroyed
Wow, some avatarfagging YouTube queer said some bad things about a game he didn't like? Now I hate it!!!

You want an argument?

Here's one for people like you: steamcommunity.com/app/921570/discussions/0/1640913421083743220/

This. He got rid of his party members to show a solo fight with a snail with Olberic and show how “ long it takes to fight grunts”

Dude what, the vast majority of Yea Forums will agree that the game is mediocre.

>tell user his blathering isn't worth my time
>user doubles down
I never had it saved in the first place. Thanks though, I guess.

>being too scared to admit that you made a post on the steam forums
hilarious

Your entire argument literally comes down to
>but -I- liked the combat!

You completely acknowledge that the story and the 8-character gimmick is awful despite being the main focus of the game

>Yea Forums keeps memeing about how good this game is
???
It's known as your typical Squeenix boomer cashgrab, the only people that praise it are resetrannies triggered by xenoblade 2

Attached: c65b01b098fe64998e9b637a76e2abe74daed50a6bd3b79d7b1c098f55b7c896.jpg (1920x1081, 430K)

>tell user his blathering isn't worth my time
That's now hot "too long;didn't read" works newnigger
lurk a million years

Fucking this. At least Octopath Travel doesn't look like a low poly phone game, and the game doesn't repeat itself 5 times

You don't even have to look at the archive to see how a subset of Yea Forums slobbers this game's below-average cock. You can see it right here in the thread.

Should have started the game with CHADrus

Attached: Cyrus_thumb.png (307x443, 363K)

>Octopath Traveler doesn't look like a low poly phone game
????

Attached: octopath-traveler-1.jpg (1280x654, 137K)

oh my god
are you telling me there's "people" that like things I don't like? this cannot stand. bring me the wojak edits.

it looks like an SNES game with bloom and depth of field, you dumb zoomer

>play it
>pick the hunter chick
>can't understand a single fucking word she is saying
don't worry it's normal to not understand women

yes octopath repeats itself 8 times essentially

...so like a low-poly phone game, then.
Note the low-poly 3D environment that they hastily slapped "16-bit" textures onto
See how they warp because "lol retro means we don't have to care about anisotropy"

>BDfags are actual retards
A chapter system is not repeating itself "essentially"

>it looks like an SNES game
No it doesn't.

Attached: dragon-quest-6-final.jpg (488x386, 46K)

>sprite based game
>low poly
Imagine being this stupid and not being aware of it

Except it's not a sprite-based game my retarded little zoomer.
The "sprites" are textures on 3D models, the game is a 3D game running in unreal. The lighting is also real time.

Look at again, then look at Note how one has depth and clear polygonal shapes and the other doesn't?

This is what an actual sprite-based game looks like

Attached: final-fantasy-vi-replaying-a-timeless-classic-3.jpg (547x416, 103K)

32 times, if we're boiling it down to pacing. Every chapter is just town > use character skill > dungeon > boss. If the layout and reused assets weren't repetitive enough, the bosses themselves are also pretty redundant. There are a couple bosses that break the mold, and they are by far the most memorable encounters, but the rest are dealt with by the incredibly simple "Break and Burst" dynamic.

Of course, BD also suffers from this a bit, but BD had more jobs to play with, and definitely was more varied in gameplay (In comparison, at least).

>hilarious

Where have I denied that exactly?

>Your entire argument literally comes down to
>>but -I- liked the combat!

Nope, read the post you retard.

>You completely acknowledge that the story and the 8-character gimmick is awful despite being the main focus of the game

Nearly everything else about the game more than make up for it. Got an actual argument or what?

>Octopath Traveler sucks dick.
Subjective
>The combat system is a poor ripoff of Bravely,
It's almost as if both games were made by the same team.
>the new gimmick with weakpoints makes combat strategy obvious and braindead instead of allowing for the player to find what works for them.
If you don't know their weaknesses, you have to hit them with everything until something works. There are fairly simple cues for weaknesses on most mobs once you get a hang of it.
>The "Eight different stories!" shit breaks down fucking IMMEDIATELY when after you finish your first chapter 1 the game goes "now finish all the other chapter 1's so you're strong enough to start chapter 2!" Grinding everything to a screeching halt. Then that's made even more obvious and awkward when your chosen main character and anyone you picked up just isn't in the cutscenes for each new Chapter 1
The handling of this was awkward, I agree. But that's a hell of a lot of programming to account for all possible character combinations for the cutscenes. The travel banter kind of makes up for it but not much.
>The graphics are the biggest fucking meme ever. Combat sprites look good but there's fucking ten of them and they just constantly re-color them. Out of combat sprites are the same faux 8-bit shit you've seen before, except now it's plastered on 3D unreal models with real-time lighting that looks like shit.
32 bit*
Again this is subjective. The game looks pretty. Mob sprites do seem rehashed, that's just how most 2D JRPGs are. Mobs do differ between different regions though.
>Literally the only redeemable thing about this entire shitheap of an RPG is the music. I've finished fucking Nep games and I couldn't be assed to finish this garbage. You should've waited for DQ11S
Yes, the music is great. It's funny, I finished this game but haven't completed XBC2, and never played Nep games.

>nuh-uh
Yeah that's about the level of discourse I expected from you.
The game's shit and you're a simpleton

Attached: 1392228465874.gif (390x277, 2.31M)

Attached: 1555329529854.png (128x128, 29K)

Attached: whatarebirdswejustdontknow.gif (250x251, 1002K)

Attached: 1503717471626.png (769x532, 187K)

on chapter 1, started with hunter, first went to thief guy and then summoner.
Game feels way to easy and the dialogue is mostly shit.

>reply to argument with thousands and thousands of characters with two lines of text
>"I win"

Attached: ?.gif (181x222, 33K)

Fuck off. I can't recall a single thread about the game that wasn't bitching about the same talking points as dunkey's video or the Kotaku review. I do agree with you that H'aanit's localization was dumb though.

Legit one of my favorite games from last year and I generally dislike turn-based RPG's.

Yea Forums hasn't known what makes a good game in a long time.

Yea Forums likes Sekiro and thinks it's hard. Yea Forums likes Octopath and thinks it's pretty and that the combat is good. Yea Forums is shitting itself over Crash Team Racing and BOTW2. Yea Forums adores cheap gacha garbage and barely-there rhythm games like MuseDash, and Yea Forums will gladly slurp up the cheapest shittiest Metroidvanias imaginable

Meanwhile Yea Forums hates Wonderful 101, thinks Cyberpunk 2077 is "tranny shit," utterly ignored Splitgate, thinks Yakuza 0 and K1 are bad, and loves MK11 and SF5 while hating DB FighterZ and SFIV

Attached: 1445971830676.jpg (785x590, 68K)

user, how many times must we say this?

Yea Forums is not a singular sentient being.

>Anybody liking SFV
Good joke

>He doesn't want to fuck H'aanit in her wette gash
faggot

>Using Olberic
Pfff ahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Rent free

Well, gee with a name like H'aanit, did you foolishly think she wasn't gonna have thick ye olde english dialogue?

Attached: european insecurity america.png (600x1404, 454K)

NobleCHADs in the house, Roguefags gonna have a bad time.
If your favourite character is a thief, prostitute, furry or child molester then I would ask you stop self-inserting the character with the personality closest to yourself.

>He doesn't want an UNBENDING BLADE

>At least Octopath Travel doesn't look like a low poly phone game

They're literally making a phone game using those very same graphics providing another story in this world.

>rehash the enemy sprites eight times each
>rehash the story eight times
>rehash 8 jobs from Bravely
>take 4 of the jobs and re-rehash them for the extra jobs, making 8
Ohhh, so that's why it's called Octopath

Attached: 1418847495680.gif (500x375, 995K)

smooth brain

take the first letter of each of the character's names

look up "facetious" in the dictionary

Attached: 250px-Autism_Speaks_Logo_Updated.jpg (250x274, 14K)

He's just shitting on the game, and used a dumb pic to do it. If he'd've been smart, he'd have used Statler and Waldorf.

>it's on PC but also with Denuvo

Attached: 1559343822967.png (916x914, 835K)

You know smartphone is more powerful than 3ds in order of magnitude right?

>Hey Statler, what's this game called again?
>I think it's called Octopath Traveler
>Why, because it makes me want to walk away 8 times over?
>DOHOHOHOHOHO

Attached: snw_9715.png (286x232, 96K)

>Being ESL

Im guessing you think DQ IV is better and it did the whole grinding from level 1 over and over again.

Again, "grinding to a halt" is not talking about grinding for levels.

It's an english expression that means "abruptly bring to a stop"

BD3 WHEN????? STOP TESTING MY PATIENCE!!!!!! RINGABEL CHAPTER RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!

Much better. I really like OT, but if you're gonna badmouth a game, do it right.

"I don't care how many paths it has, I don't want to walk any of them! DOHOHOHOHOHO"

Attached: 10outof10nigga.gif (352x199, 1.79M)

>Yea Forums is a hivemind