Holy fuck her English voice is terrible. It completely ruins the entire dub

Holy fuck her English voice is terrible. It completely ruins the entire dub.

Which are the better Zelda voices?

Attached: zelda_botw_guard-1200x675.jpg (960x539, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f76IPGeJaOY
youtube.com/watch?v=IkiF5qeA5_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWQd8zhEg4
youtu.be/8EBAWWboikE?t=78
youtu.be/9RauNHE8G_8?t=526
youtu.be/cYENG8gULBc?t=308
youtube.com/watch?v=cpq-EVnWBJo
youtu.be/d-8t8RZJRoE
youtube.com/watch?v=qSNkr9UlvQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sqrnSQTR9Xc
youtu.be/E2g2A-gRM7s?t=33
youtu.be/6DpDqD9toig?t=31
youtu.be/LmcVhmhtGvA?t=30
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

German dub is pretty good.

Latin spanish the best

youtube.com/watch?v=f76IPGeJaOY

>German

Attached: Gtleddit+gtinto+the+trash+it+goes+_878b08cd54189ff0fa1efef5408cd1d8.jpg (948x711, 31K)

Japanese is the best and the original.
I'm fucking glad that the Jap DLC was already out when I got the game. The English version sounds like some cringy YT abridged show.

Japanese. It's very cute.

>Mexican Zelda
it sounds like she's fucking prostitute

As someone who 95% prefers JP audio, I have to admit JP Zelda was kinda ass in this one. They could have done better. Still better than the English atrocity.

Nah, she was practically perfect.

French gives you Amalia

Attached: amalia-copie-2.png (397x499, 132K)

Mehico

All the voice actors in it were shit.
So fucking weird how bad it was. Why did they even bother?

and for Mipha too
youtube.com/watch?v=IkiF5qeA5_Y

>mfw you couldn't protect Amalias smile and had to sleep for thousands of years

Attached: bestbro.jpg (800x450, 108K)

Why do Zelda and king Rhoam have different accents?

Probably because voiced dialogue is considered 'modern' or something. That or they wanted cutscenes that weren't subtitles you pressed A to progress through.

The voice director had no fucking idea what he was doing.

>let's hire an American hag to voice this 17 year old girl with a fake British accent

Attached: 7521327.png (1100x1142, 471K)

I hate her groucho marx eyebrows in botw. Such an ugly design

It's like they went out of their way to find the most annoying Zelda voice ever and then once they found it, they searched for an even more annoying voice.

It's like someone whining in a really high pitch.

Almost every single Jap game has cringe as fuck anime weeb voice acting. The only Jap company I can think of that doesnt really use anime weeb voice acting is Capcom. Occasionally Square Enix will not use the weeb anime voice acting but its rare.

"If they're royal they have to be British" is the worst meme Americans have ever created. Especially when they don't realize there is more than one accent.

Japanese voice and Japanese text.

The only choice. Imagine playing a censored game where they remove all of Link's diary entries because "muh silent protagonist!".

>if you... o-or someone else got hurt
That was a pretty good line, especially with the way she delivers the stutter. That's real voice acting. Not just reading shit from the script.

>using non-original audio

god she's so cute bros, will I be able to hold her hand and hug and kiss her cheek in the sequel?

Attached: 1491735210636.jpg (498x498, 35K)

Yeah would recommend switching it. Theyre all a lot better in jap much like Sekiro. I considered doing bloodstained in jap since the monster voices are all weird, but gebel and alucard's VO is too good

>English voices and Japanese text

Attached: 066.jpg (1930x1698, 270K)

We already agreed that the Mexican dub is the best followed by the Japanese and Russian one.

>Link's diary entries
What?

What about Metal Gear?

youtube.com/watch?v=LmWQd8zhEg4

I'd say this is pretty excellently done.

Why do so many voice directors hire american actors and force them to do fake british accents? Bloodstained does the same thing and it's fucking atrocious there too

Metal Gear was made by a westaboo so it doesn't count.

Here's an example, if you get all the memories.

Japanese version: "I remember all the things we have been through together. Even if just a bit sooner, I want to see her smile again."

American localisation: "You've visited all 13 locations shown in the pictures, go save her as quickly as you can to ease her burden."

Also, adding on to that.
>German: I remembered everything that was between me and Zelda. It's hard to imagine how she overcame all the hardships fate had in stock for her... I must save her soon, to see the smile on her face again.

That is pretty bad.

EOPs got absolutely fucked
So glad I speak multiple languages.
Zelda is the one true waifu.

Attached: 6744157bcdd8d34e1cb8a379ed6661f2.jpg (1500x1061, 379K)

if you play playing any japanese game in anything but japanese, you should unironically kys. the only exception would be the rare occasions where english is the primary VO

Why do you think it's bad?

>Link knows how to read and write

Gotta admit, that sounds kinda retarded. It seems like the US version is the only one that realized that and portrayed the diary as a meta diary instead of a literal diary.

Attached: images(21).jpg (270x187, 7K)

French dub turns it into a Franco-Belgian cartoon. Feels good, man.

Interestingly enough, the Nintendo of Europe Europe localizations like French and German all follow the Japanese version. It's the Nintendo of Am*r*ca localization that's the odd one out with it's own meme rewrites. They even wrongly translated Ganon's backstory.

Playing with Russian voices was pretty funny

Why would he not know how to read and write?

I wouldnt mind zelda having a voice if it wasn't in a brit accent

Yup, German is a mixed bag when it comes to game translations but I've noticed many times the translations being closer to Jap than English.

Link had a ton of personality lost in the localization. In the main quest to save Zelda, he writes that he's having confidence issues but promises to pull through for Zelda, and when he gets the Master Sword, he writes that he hopes Zelda will be proud of him.

The problem is it's a completely amateur fake british accent

>He only speaks English

The Japanese ones are fine. French Zelda is that Wakfu girl so that might be neat too.

Why the fuck would Link NOT know how to read and write? You read books and signs in-game, not to mention he's raised from birth to be a top tier knight of Hyrule by his high ranking knight father, and ends up being the personal guard of the Princess who on top of being royalty is actual considered to be divine by the country's main and only religion.

>Link knows how to read and write
How else does he read road signs and books throughout the franchise?

Why the hell would he not know how to read?
dumb frogposters

VLR is better in English

Attached: 1486145746120.png (351x351, 270K)

How do Spanish dubs do it everytime? Always 10/10 voice acting.

Attached: asombrosa.png (501x788, 263K)

fake bong accents in games annoys me to no end

All these botw threads make me want to play it again, but it's way too much of a hassle getting it to work on my pc

if you play any japanese game*

youtu.be/8EBAWWboikE?t=78

german is fucking disgusting especially if you understand the language. it doesnt fit like at all

>Tfw I bought it on Wii U
>Wii U is already in the closet
>BoTW is still 60 American dollars on Switch

I got my wii u out after the sequel announcement just to play it again this time I'm ABSORBING all the lore, I need to be ready

Attached: 1506587389523.png (1200x1233, 72K)

Those are the same german anime VAs that poisoned a lot of anime dubs with their generic and boring voices.

I swear we have like 5 voice actors these days

Mexico has always had a pretty good dubbing industry.
I hope they recast Zelda's VA for BotW 2

meant to reply to

No choice to make her talk in "zelda language" like they did for mh to help us ease a bit that shit tier handler?
>t. Pedro

I'm having a blast with the game so far but I don't see myself replaying this game in the future. I'll just do main story + champions ballad and call it quits, and wait for the sequel.

I began playing from 1 day but dropped the game for 2 years after beating Nabohris.

Fuck off beaners

This.

Fuck no, gibberish speak is garbage.

which is why I prefer it in French

Attached: adeline chetail.jpg (540x720, 72K)

That's because mexican and whore means the same

seething
have fun with your fake britbong accent in botw2

braille, american sign language, smoke signals etc

Fucking KEK

Don't you have some kids to behead you spic?
Keep being delusional

>/pol/tards shitting up the thread

Attached: 1486019758702.jpg (368x384, 17K)

Still better than latin american or english

youtu.be/9RauNHE8G_8?t=526

Urbosa sounds like a ara ara mommy in JP

youtu.be/cYENG8gULBc?t=308

sounds like a white stuck up bitch in english

>Miphaposter
Every time

Japan, mexican and german are way better than english

This guy.

Link is a blank state. He understands things but he has no formal ability to communicate.

A link diary is soulless-tier. I think Americans are the only ones that truly understand Link since we made him popular. Ironic cuz we also have the worst VA.

Miphas jap voice always makes me smile

>Nintendo of Am*r*ca localization that's the odd one out with it's own meme rewrites.
This

Attached: 1536325506509.png (1858x606, 347K)

Seems alright to me. Seems moderately fitting since Zelda is a Germanic name. I'm interested in hearing why you think it's unfitting.

it sounds fake and no one speaks like that

>fake brit accent
WHO the fuck thought this was a good idea? jesus christ

Attached: bun.png (500x534, 135K)

Rivali's english voice actor is such a attentionwhore.

The script is better in Spanish too.

>English
>you must save her, my daughter
>Spanish
>Please save my people, and my daughter

>English
>Everything I've done up until now, it was all for nothing
>Spanish
>All of my training, all of my preparation. It was all useless

Next up: Link has an Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat

Again, soulless.

Attached: 1548001513525.png (400x400, 168K)

>for I wish to see her smiling once more
So fucking beautiful, I knew Link is literally me.

Attached: 1487735392466.jpg (316x338, 25K)

I wonder if Link will ever talk and if it's as funny as when Pikachu first spoke

It's the best

Attached: 1390500131237.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

Nintendo should just get Ryan Reynolds to voice Link too.

not even talking about detective pikachu

youtube.com/watch?v=cpq-EVnWBJo

Oh, I forgot that. Those reboot movies are honestly terrible, I don't get why /vp/ likes them

I can't fap to that shit. It's so corporate and bland

eng dub ass
jap dub ace

am I cool now?

Treehouse is terrible.

I like jap audio specifically because i cant understand the words, it’s a close enough approximation to Hylian gibberish that it maintains good immersion. All i hear is the emotion in the voice, which is all i need to hear.

now replace that with “DAROOK’S PROTECTION IS NOW READY TO ROLL :D” every eighty fucking seconds

Jap Zelda for me only because she also voices my favorite cure

youtu.be/d-8t8RZJRoE

what the fuck

Italian male voices were excellent but females were shit tier, it's weird.

Literally just the Italian dub, top notch stuff.

He's a smug fuck in Spanish too.
youtube.com/watch?v=qSNkr9UlvQQ

Actually english dub is fine, you all just have "AWE-JIZZ'EM" that makes you contrarian

For me I didn't mind most of the voices, some of them were spot on. It's just Mipha, Zelda, Yunobo, and maybe the king I could do without, and even then Yunobo's voice fit his personality fine

Why was the Rito section so rushed and poorly thought out?

>NOOOOOO BWAAAAAAAA, games should only have bug language that i dont speak!!!

Attached: fug.jpg (259x194, 11K)

>I am monolingual so the rest of the world must be too

Attached: 1560559510320.gif (384x212, 3.01M)

Literally what? Wakfu's practically a passion project. Ankama had to secure their new funding because France3 wanted an episodic kids show.

Attached: tumblr_lxd754j3wP1r27xvi.gif (350x197, 422K)

What about EU English version?

youtube.com/watch?v=sqrnSQTR9Xc

voice acting for zelda series was a mistake. go back to only voice acting being grunt noises please

>still needs subtitles

The cdi games had more likeable voices for the characters

>calling the people that makes the only games he plays bugmen
Based.
I bet you shitpost all western game threads to death.

>it's pikacause
rip my sides

Maybe Zelda's mother had a British accent and she picked it up from her

This thread is surprising desu.
There's lots of retards that defend the shit XB2 ironic dub. Why do people hate this dub but love the XB2 one?

Can Zelda wield the Master Sword or only Link?

Not Urbosa, her english voice is hot as fuck.

Zelda carries the master sword around in BotW but we don't see her use any weapon

>Britbong

There's your problem.

>thread about botw voice acting
>Revali's VA didn't show up with name+trip to start bragging about himself

amazing

What would happen if Ganon(dorf) picked up the Master Sword?

What do people think of the 'hydrated Ganon' meme or the idea of him being one of the good guys this time?

Personally find the idea of the Triforce uniting against a bigger enemy interesting. Only second to them switching roles now and then, like an evil Zelda villain.

Attached: large[1].jpg (1448x2048, 181K)

He may in fact be the 10k year old champion who helped seal Ganon, the parchment certainly doesn't look like Link

>No BOTW version of Tetra with a mucky chav accent.

You fukin wot mate?

Attached: ff0792f7c29d6ded4f1fa4fde36f4965[1].jpg (606x556, 40K)

He could use it as any other weapon, but only Link is the chosen one to use it's full special abilities.

Well Link is just a normal Hylian in BotW, no triforce of courage and shit, so I'd assume anyone can wield it.

But they say he was chosen by the sword so even if he doesn't have the triforce he's still leagues ahead of normal soldiers.

lmao he woke up from a coma, he's not fucking Tarzan. I guess you're the sort of idiot Treehouse writes this garbage for.

You're kidding me right? The Deku tree has some of the worst acting I've ever heard in video game.

This. The Deku Tree and the king are the worst ones of the cast by far. They don't sound old or wise or charismatic at all.

He's not going to be a good guy, that's just nonsense

I fucking hate bong voices, but fuck off weeb

Obviously he is, but I see no reason why other people at least theoretically shouldn't be able to use it as well.

I am working on not being an EOP but goddamn do Treehouse fucking suck shit, everything they touch turns to soulless junk. Wish there were some re-translation patches out there, not just for this but all their stuff.

Attached: 1529083079327.png (512x384, 194K)

>bong voices
Can you seriously not tell it's a Californian poorly attempting a british accent?

Well, you just need to take the sword without dying, just find someone with 13 hearts to spare.

>if you don't like the English voices, you must like the Jap ones
Plenty of people here are saying Italian or Latam Spanish, retard.

I'm surprised no one mentions how Impa sounds like a teen doing her impression of an old hag

Is there a way to get the game in Japanese with the correct English translations and Links Diary entries?

I only have a switch so I doubt I could get it anyway

Attached: 1552715755099.png (281x301, 89K)

It's called learn Japanese and stop being autistic

>learn Japanese
>Stop being autistic

I wish they just did Hylian VO

Why would I waste time on learning a language just for one video game?

Attached: 1551184752898.jpg (500x309, 85K)

>mexican dub
>same shitty 5 voices in every piece of media ever

Nah, you're practically gay

How is her english voice bad? does it just not meet your preconceived expectations?

When you are learning, you don't "waste" time.

>English Zelda in this scene sounds like she stubbed her toe
>Japanese Zelda sounds like her finger nails are being ripped out

How is god damn Spanish Zelda the only one that sounds like she's sobbing appropriately to the situation and animation?

Attached: 1448953652266.png (1200x1200, 249K)

The accent doesn't sound good, it sounds forced, in my opinion

Kino. I honestly with there were no dubs though, I miss when it was just text and you could imagine whatever voice you wanted. Once you hear a voice once it is forever associated with the character from that point on

French Zelda, it's not even a contest
youtu.be/E2g2A-gRM7s?t=33
youtu.be/6DpDqD9toig?t=31
youtu.be/LmcVhmhtGvA?t=30

Attached: 1505110460859[1].jpg (700x473, 100K)

Burgers and Leaves need to stop fucking trying to do Bong accents and actually hire Bongs to do the voices they clearly can't do without giving a forced stereotypical Bong voice which ruins the entire performance.

Why are female British accents so lewd and sexual?

It is forced. One of the worst fake bong accents I've heard

Nintendo is a small indie company, they can't afford to fly British voice actors to America, please understand

All British women are slags deep down.

The challenge is finding the slag with a heart of gold.

Yeah, same

That's 3 more than the Spaniard dub

I briefly went out with one in college who was too inconsistent. She would alternate between being very nice and doing things such as cooking for me or brushing my hair and telling me how nice I was but then other times she would make fun of me for being too beta and having a small dick and being sexually inexperienced.

you know
it kind of works

french

think it's was intentional sabotage so zelda's Japanese voice would be canon.
it's why they showed the Japanese trailer first. they have never done before.

The trailer was in Japanese because it was shown during the Switch presentation held in Japan

when has Nintendo ever presented an AAA game first in Japan?

French Zelda is arguably the best.

Attached: 1390442717115.png (700x553, 694K)