Play rpg

>play rpg
>talk to npcs
>95% don't have anything interesting to say
Why is this so common?
First sign that the game is fucking shit.

I mean I've seen a lot of shit, but pokemon games are the worst offender.
You are playing the 10th fucking game and NPC's have lines like "did ya know fire is weak to water" wow really didn't hear that in 20 years playing this trash.

What do you think, should dialong only be added if the NPC has something meaningful to say?
Like if there is a kid running around letting it say "haha I'm just playing around" adds nothing doesnt it?

Attached: 1549674046958.gif (560x480, 2.66M)

nname games in 5%

Pokemon is intended for children, they expect a new generation of kids come playing it each release.

>play rpg
>NPCs change dialogue throughout the game

Attached: 1551063422467.jpg (500x500, 26K)

95% of people in the real world don't have anything interesting to say.

I meant 95% of the NPC's having nothing to say.
The good dialog would be if he gives you some interesting backstory, makes an actually funny joke or gives you a non shit quest or item(bonus points if it makes sense not something like a kid gives you a samurai sword for some reason).

true

Attached: 1551969749141.jpg (996x892, 142K)

>play game
>it has no NPC dialog

Attached: 1557469151555.png (747x575, 244K)

Attached: 1550941704558.jpg (1600x1080, 885K)

That's why Earthbound and Mother 3 are so good.
It's the opposite, writers put thought behind 95% of all NPCs. It's still not useful info that they give, but you get a chuckle every now and then.

user.
I think you are autistic.
You need to calm down.

trails series

Undertale is the first game to have interesting NPCs. Do not @ me.

>play game
>all NPCs are real people

Attached: 1293108726855.jpg (645x720, 40K)

hehe is like real life

I think Octopath Traveler did it pretty well.

pokemon is game made for literal 10 year olds so it's fine, maybe you should play something for older people

>play rpg
>talk to npcs
Just like in real life

>play real life
>talk to people
>95% don't have anything interesting to say including you

Why is this so common?
First sign that the game is fucking shit.

I mean I've seen a lot of shit, but Yea Forums boards are the worst offender.
You are reading the 10th fucking thread and NPC's have lines like "did ya know OoT is BAD" wow really didn't hear that in 10 years reading this trash.

What do you think, should people only talk if the they have something meaningful to say?
Like if there is a kid running around letting it say "haha 95% of NPCs don't have anything interesting to say" adds nothing doesnt it?

Attached: E61234E5-9C38-42BC-A6CB-79B109D6F998.gif (480x270, 1.24M)

What the fuck why, am I supposed to just skip all the shit or what?

I was disappointed by how NPCs in P5 rarely had new dialogue even though months pass

>a children's game has simplistic writing
holy shit, how could you have ever come upon this amazing revelation? you must be the smartest guy in the entire world.

There's very little interesting that I have to say to someone I don't know irl, and don't plan on trying to befriend. It's like when I'm out getting groceries and the cashier or even another customer tries talking to me.
I don't want to talk to them, I want to finish shopping and go home as soon as possible

>lurk in thread
>someone tries hard to make creative post
>ends up being shit anyway

such is life

>play game called real life
>talk to npcs
>they see me like weirdo

You are everything wrong with the world.
You are basically just like the chinese ants that don't care if a guy gets hit by a car and just walk by not caring.

this is also why u dont get lad faggot

trails. pokemon ought to take some cues from it and do a bit of world building.

going outside reminds me of this, thank you user

Octopath is full of this, half of the NPCs or more in a town have their own backstory. You get tired of reading it on the second town

this REALLY makes you think

It's almost as if it was real life or something. Games are getting more realistic.

>not wanting to humor some faggot trying to force a conversation with me at the grocery store is the same as ignoring a car crash victim
I just want to go home, not give you a riveting conversation to leech off of because you're starved for human interaction

You are just an egoistic nigger that is all.

What do you want them to say?

planet escape tournament

explain what's so wrong with not talking to complete strangers when you have no interest in making new friends?

Because your autism is crippling you to enjoy things.
Autist.

Attached: HannaF16_100.jpg (1200x1800, 245K)

>Play Exile: Escape From the Pit (remake Avernum: Escape From the Pit)
>Exploring near the starting city
>Killing goblins, bats, bandits, nephilium (cat people)
>Head north to speak to a dragon, enter a town on the way
>One NPC tells you about some spiders that live to the west
>But be careful, there are two colonies
>One are the Aranea, giant spiders that can use magic, especially summoning and debuffing to make you easier to catch
>The other colony are...friendly and can talk
>Giant, but friendly
>Go and talk to the Giant Friendly Intelligent Talking Spiders
>Was told that there was one spider who would have information for me for a quest
>Its name is Spider
>All of the spiders are named Spider

Attached: 1559956539485.jpg (429x571, 35K)

>Play RPG
>A hidden countdown starts when you start to play
>After a set period of time a city is destroyed by the living dead
>If you didn't get there and do the quests, too bad

Maybe the world wouldn't be filled with so many degenerates if everyone wasn't so adverse to basic human contact

Fate/Extra was a game which averted this really well.
All the human NPCs are fighting their own grail wars and each week you slowly but sure piece together the story as certain NPCs disappear or that boyfriend/girlfriend combo had to fight eachother among other thing.
Even the actual NPC AIs still have enough personality to complain about things.

>Almost every NPC has their own unique dialogue
>Even most guards
>Even some animals have their own dialogue
>Some are magical familiars, but you wouldn't know unless you tried to talk to them

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2019.05.27 - 10.37.36.89.png (1280x1024, 2.16M)

Big time. I thought it was going to be obnoxious but damn if I didn't start caring about some of them and even remembering names.

Diminishing returns.
Most people don't give a shit about random NPCs.
They'll buy the game anyway, so it'd be wasted effort.

>Undertale is the first game to have interesting NPCs.
OH NO NO NO NO

It's true to life, most people don't have anything interesting to say

so you're telling me you've never played any video game before

>talk to people irl
immersion

Attached: 1546796758574.gif (352x264, 1.01M)

You uphold the idea that the world is a boring shithole and end up complaining about others being that way as well when you didn't do anything differently either.

this, all characters had bios and most were pretty damn interesting. Hell, even their battle characteristics and inventories gave them personality, like that granny with a ridiculously good bow. Much better than other recent JRPGs like dqxi or xc2, those have dull as fuck NPCs.

Based Falcom actually makes NPCs interesting

Attached: 1556951451042.jpg (663x597, 81K)

95 percent of people in real life have nothing interesting to say to a complete stranger either.

for a bunch of "real" people and not NPC's you all sure seem to think exactly the same

Attached: 1362183148042.gif (250x255, 2.84M)

>Stop strangers on the street and talk to them
>They don't know you and don't have much to say
>Get upset about it later and complain about these people
The game is just making fun of your autism

You'll like the trails games.

I didn't claim that I have anything interesting to say either m8.

see this

Attached: 1539638550865.png (1280x720, 631K)

>XC2
On the flipside, Torna does a really good job of turning the NPC's boring dialogue into something that meaningfully ties into their personal side quests. By the end of the expansion you feel for all of them and know a good deal about their traits and backstories.

Which makes the inevitable bad end all that more painful.

Attached: rooting for you.jpg (1600x900, 1.79M)

>NPC's have the same response

Attached: 1365365987880.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

>you all sure seem to think exactly the same
And if you ask people here whether water is wet or not, they'll say it is. Strange how that works.

>food analogy

Attached: La Creatura.jpg (750x1000, 103K)

He's literally just aping OP without contributing or thinking shit, video games are literally fucking entertainment and shouldn't follow real-life rules like that to begin with

i added to the pile so someone could feel smug about so many people saying the same thing

Strange how common sense is so common

misha and bocchi wahaha teamup when?

you're playing a game for kids
what the fuck do you expect