What went horribly wrong with P4 romanceable characters?

What went horribly wrong with P4 romanceable characters?

Attached: persona-4-persona-4-personazhi-art-anime-igra-devushki-paren.jpg (1332x850, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ogh3mdPHsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing can go wrong with laura bailey, so Rise is the way to go.

Reminder that P4 is all Chie's fault

Attached: 1456969083221.png (512x437, 28K)

Nothing.

The P5 girls are so much better and Yosuke really sucks compared to Junpei and Ryuji

But Rise is a cum dumpster

wtf I thought this was a crazy fan’s rambling’s until I read the final word

There's such a marked difference between Yosuke in his SL and serious story scenes, and Yosuke in comedic/SoL scenes, that he may as well be two separate characters.

Ai is the best girl and she's not playable. P4 is the only Persona game where the best girl is not in the main cast

Idk
Naoto was insanely fucking cute.

Attached: P4D_Naoto_Shirogane.png (350x483, 99K)

>"The concept for Chie's design was 'a cute girl who could actually exist in real life.'"
defend this Personafags

That's like the only exception desu

Reminder: youtube.com/watch?v=0Ogh3mdPHsA

Attached: 1557822057082.jpg (850x1210, 347K)

rise should have been introduced earlier, her fawning over the mc halfway in felt really weird and unnecessary especially since I romanced chie long before rise showed up

Attached: 1536090676647.png (445x590, 594K)

Have sex

all the characters are boring high school girls. like more boring then real high school girls. none of them have any sort of interesting personality and needlessly fawn over the MC from the very beginning. feels too much like a slice of life dating sim

This annoys me beyond belief. In the beginning of P4 he's a pretty smart guy and sometimes pretty snarky with Chie. Cut to now and he's just purely comic relief. PQ2 has an entire dungeon where they speak to a dinosaur called Yosukesaurus that is just a pathetic dinosaur with Yosuke's head.

Ryuji's the same, in the P5 plot he's a complete fucking retard that screams everything but in his confidant he's based as fuck.

Rise shouldn't have been fawning over you at all like that. Everything up to her joining the team set her up as a reasonably down-to-earth girl whose true personality was hidden by being a teen idol. Then they chucked all that out the door by making her pure idolshit waifubait 24/7. Yes I know this is Persona 4 I'm talking about, but they weren't even trying with Rise.

>cute girl who could actually exist in real life.
wtf bros I didn't find my Chie

>Confidant Ryuji
>accepts he can't go back to the past, takes down a shitty adult using an actual clever plan, tells Ann to stop being a hoe

>main story Ryuji
>yells like a retard all the time, can't think of anything that doesn't involving hitting something really hard, oggles Ann every chance he gets

it doesn't have fuuka

Rise acts even more robotic than the actual robots in P3. As soon as she updates her firmware and stops being a depressed tofu girl she's just Idoltron 3000.

Only problem was Yukiko's and Naoto's social links being really lame

Attached: DSNDwJrUQAEYBwj.jpg (900x1200, 238K)

Half of the female cast is forgettable and has no personality

Makoto and Yukiko

Hey at least he saves everyone in that one part I guess.

Would anyone reccomend P5 for someone who hasn't played any Persona games before and only has a slight interest in JRPGS? I'm after a big RPG to sink my teeth into

Yes, P5 is a top tier JRPG. Though know that it will ruin 3 and 4 since those will seem heavily dated both gameplay mechanics and graphics

The thing with Persona games from 3 onward is that half of their gameplay (which you end up spending more than half your time on) is social simulator on a calendar system. If you want just RPG gameplay then you'll be disappointed by the lack of actual gameplay relative to how long the games are.

It's the JRPG for people that don't like JRPGs so I'd say yeah. The battle mechanics are insanely simplistic. But that's kinda just how P3-5 are in general. Everyone calls these games great because of the characters and story and music and atmosphere. But as far as actual gameplay depth, it's no deeper than Pokemon.