I'm poor so I can't afford the 100 bucks to upload my game to steam

I'm poor so I can't afford the 100 bucks to upload my game to steam.

Will some publisher publish it for free for me as long as they take a cut into the deal?

Attached: 827.png (680x638, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ca3studio
restaurantjobs.mcdonalds.com/
twitter.com/ca3studio/status/1123684991475568641
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Show some gameplay

It's just a compilation of 70's games, but in HD.
The issue isn't making the game, but affording the fee.

Should I make a kickstarter?

Get a job, you'll earn more than that in a week

So no gameplay, screenshot?

Contact Epic and get fucking rich.

Literally this. Even minimum wage if you work 40 hours you'll make over 100 dollars

I'm just going to start working on it and will put some gifs on my twitter.

100 dollars is half a month of wages for me.

so no game yet?

What's your Twitter

Give link to some form of social media. I might consider paying it for you

twitter.com/ca3studio

this is my twitter, I post there my gamedev stuff.

What the fuck are you talking about?

go donate plasma

based retard

Most of Yea Forums is functionally illiterate. Don't mind him.

Sell a kidney

There’s no games and no gameplay, just development screenshots

What age are you op? Whats you financial situation like? Are you able to afford food and whatnot?

I haven't made a serious game yet, I still think my skills are begginer but I believe I could make a serious finished product if I put the effort.

I'm fine, but my family has loans so no money for dumb shit like publishing on steam.

also, I'm from south america, so 100 bucks is like half a month of wages for us.

finish the game first then come back

>waah I don't have money to publish my game
>"show us the game"
>uhh I don't have a game yet lol

Typical third world monkey, from SA as well.

publishing your stuff on steam wont get you any money, even if you shill your game as hard as you can.
did you see how many "indie" game are published on steam per day ?
start by making yourself a name.
also dont give up you can do it.

I just need to know if I should seek a publisher.

short answer : no

Isn't there an alternative where you can upload games for free and maybe get payed? I wouldn't recommend putting it up on steam for a hundred bucks, it's already filled with cheap amateurish junk you wouldn't make your money back
probably

a publisher would need to get back the 100 and extra

I can't get for some reason itch.io US tax page to work with firefox, so I can't get paid from itch.io

What terrible country is this?

restaurantjobs.mcdonalds.com/
You should earn that money in a week. Stop frogposting and work for once in your life.

>get a loan for 100 bucks
>Pay 101 a month later
Your game is so shit you probably wont make 10 bucks though

next to venezuela.

Good luck fining a publisher when you don't have a fucking game you absolute dipshit

probably some 3rd world country in europe like germany

How the fuck can you not afford $100. I get not being able to throw $100 around like it's nothing, but if it's something you're passionate about literally anybody can muster $100

just make the fucking game first
how are you even going to shop for a publisher if you don't have shit to show them?

Download another browser then. jesus how retarded are you?

fucking retard

You should worry about that when you have a more or less finished product. Or at least gameplay demo. If you go kick starter, begging or publisher, everyone will want to see what the game is actually about.

I'm sure I could ask my family to loan the 100 bucks however I would rather make a deal to rev share to get it on steam.

I will post some webms soon.

dunno, never done any legal shit, gotta try chrome.

Nobody wants to play your poorly drawn visual novel

Just finish your game and by that time maybe you’re close to having saved around $100, if not maybe some user will buy into it for you if you have a completed game to look at. Just go away and come back later. Don’t seek a publisher

This a joke right?

Attached: 1557285961019.jpg (1200x697, 51K)

is a test I was making to learn 2D animation.

Don’t get discouraged user, the more games there are in the world, the better
Although considering that you don’t have a finished game it’s only natural to receive criticism

hey I saw you posting on agdg before. I have no game publishing experience myself, but if its development funds you need I gotta say advertise and make a fundraiser.
If you've got something interesting to show there's a good chance people are going to buy into it.

Don't worry, I'm happy I could make a payment setup on itch.io.

Attached: screenshot.png (702x262, 45K)

>I haven't made a serious game yet, I still think my skills are begginer but I believe I could make a serious finished product if I put the effort.

Is this nigga serious? You're a beginner and you think you can make a full fledged game by yourself? Way to bite off more than you can chew.

Attached: 737.gif (320x180, 1005K)

Just go suck a few guys off

I'm not a complete begginer, I'm more capable than most pixel shit devs, but I consider myself begginer compared to professional AAA games.

>100 dollars is half a month of wages for me.
Then start working faggot.

Get yourself an account on some freeloader websites like patreon, kickstarter etc. theres a lot of ways to get yourself 100 bucks+ .

How much experience do you actually have with homebrew game development?

>homebrew
the closest to that was making pong in SDL.

there's not point on making stuff in ancient hardware today.

>the closest to that was making pong in SDL.
>there's not point on making stuff in ancient hardware today.

I didn't mean making games on a fucking Commodore 64 or some shit. I just meant have you made any games by yourself? Because you're acting like a 13-year-old who just downloaded Game Maker and thinks he's gonna be the next Shigeru Miyamoto when he can't even figure out how to make the screen say "HELLO WORLD".

yes, I've made shit on unity and godot.

that's not what homebrew usually means.
If you refer to console shit, then I've only made stuff for android.

I just wanted to know how much experience you have actually making games. I don't think you're ready to consider publishing your games just yet. Like others have said, you need to have something to show potential publishers before they'll take you on. And right now you only have two things: Jack and Shit.

Well user, if you are so sure about making money, finish the game, if the game looks good amd you haven't got the money by then I'll give it to you.

Make the fucking game first. Collect bottles or some shit and save 0.1$ a day. You probably have that $100 by the time your shitty game finishes if ever.

I mentioned my skills are begginer compared to a full AAA team user, but compared to shit like asset flippers I'm a pro.

I'm just intermediate I think as an indie.
I have my own reasons to remake 2600 games, but one of the reasons is that I could make it greatly.

MAKE THE FUCKING GAME BEFORE YOU START BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR L33T GAME DEV SKILLZ.

user make a game, when ur finished or have gameplay demo come here and post some good screenshot, im sure many anons if the game is good will want to donate few dollars each, some richbois might want to just give you more.

but first finish game, and dont bother with proving Yea Forums what skills you have mate

best of luck

twitter.com/ca3studio/status/1123684991475568641

I made a chess clone some weeks ago.

is ok, I actually got itch to accept my tax document now.

Stop being poor

This post hits me personally

Attached: 2954.jpg (900x900, 71K)

you developed visual novel as well ? did u upload it anywhere ?

No, but now I'm glad I never got started.

no one ever should start making games with money first in his mind