Now that the dust has settled, which was the better boss battle?

now that the dust has settled, which was the better boss battle?

Attached: Crying_Wolf_The_End_Metal_Gear_Solid_.jpg (1549x871, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6RlSgnpLbro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The end, no minions to fighting during his fight and the cobra squad did serve a narativne and thematic purpose. Something the beauty and the best squad does not.

>cobra squad did serve a narativne and thematic purpose
barely, they're not exactly characters. They're better than the B&Bs but that's not saying much.

the end
i dont even remember the other one

Serving a narativne and thematic purpose is not the same as being characters.

But that doesn't mean much, the B&B's also served a narrative and thematic purpose, but it was so shoehorned in that it didn't hit home whatsoever.
Feel free to explain what makes The Cobras better than the B&Bs

a sniper battle in a blizzard outside of the communication towers in Shadow Moses.
It's actually a fantastic boss battle. The only thing that slightly holds it back are the minion frog soldiers you have to deal with, but I absolutely love the boss battle, easily the best in 4, and genuinely one of my all time favorites.

>Feel free to explain what makes The Cobras better than the B&Bs
There wasn't a magic nigger who phoned you up every time you killed a Cobra and told you their entire life story.

The Crying Wolf was easy AF to cheese.
Just lie under one of those snow vehicles, and you can safely take potshots at the boss, without it being able to do jack shit. Found this out on my very first run.

You know, the four hours of game you actually get to play in MGS4 are actually really fucking good.

> the B&B's also served a narrative and thematic purpose
And what purpose would that be?

Was Crying Wolf even good? I can only remember annoyance. Laughing Octopus was the only good boss fight in 4

>make the most expensive furry suit
>put a railgun on it because the user is a trained sniper
>she has to get out of the armored suit and expose her weak body to attack
whoever designed this shit is retarded, and don't give me excuses like "it's perfect for moving around and improve her sniper positioning" since she doesn't have any sensors when she gets ready to shot
still I liked her fight better because there are more mechanics and no loading screens
fuck the guy who decided to put infinite minions in her fight, it would have been miles better to have a few elite sniper frogs hidden on the field and searching for snake
also I want to fuck the suit

Agreed.
ACT 1 and 2 where the "sneaking around in a battlefield" concept actually gets to shine, the game is incredible at times. It's such a shame that there wasn't WAY fucking more of that, because what there is, is really fucking cool. I don't know why Kojima felt the need to shove in action sequences into everything.

Blade wolf

I'm not saying it's good at executing on the thematic purpose, but neither were the cobras. That theme being PTSD, a stolen life, being made into a weapon, these are all things Solid Snake suffered from and a major theme in MGS4.

The End. There's just so many different ways to mess with him, makes the fight really memorable.

>Laughing Octopus was the only good boss fight in 4
Liquid Ocelot was the best fight you damn thot

Attached: male:DILF.gif (371x233, 899K)

Call me DarkSydePhil but I think The End is kind of shit. It's an incredible experience the first time but fighting him is quite dull.

youtube.com/watch?v=6RlSgnpLbro
The end. But dog has awesome theme.

Eat his parrot and then tell me that.

fucking gay and soulless like literally everything about that game.

Attached: 71444963.jpg (203x209, 14K)

Totally agreed. Imagine liking some shit button masher spin-off because it has metal music.

I remember how blown away I was when I read up on gamefaqs back in 2004, that to get the Moss camo you had to hold him up, I was like WHAT HOW????? had such a good time playing against that boss.

bit of a shame though that there's no way of getting the mosin nagant before you face him, would have been nice.

Attached: Camo_moss.jpg (610x544, 45K)

The ass on that robot goddamn

Honestly, Crying Wolf had a lot of variation thrown in. The End was an easy bullet sponge. One the most overrated bosses of all time.

Hey guys, remember Quiet's boss fight?

Attached: 1555263444685.png (940x598, 196K)

No.

How did they fuck that up so badly? a sniper battle in an open world has so much potential, yet it fucking sucked, like everything else in that garbage video game.

The End is better and more memorable. But Crying Wolf is pretty fucking great too.