Why did we never get a sequel?

why did we never get a sequel?

Attached: 220px-Stubbsbox.jpg (220x280, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/A0UUDfvf
m.soundcloud.com/ragtagstudio/rays-the-dead-graveyard
youtube.com/watch?v=XXrBmWkbLg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it was bad.

Halo.
False.

Watch it be remastered or backward compatible soon.
It was a pretty fun game

>bad games don't get sequels

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Hmmmmmmmm

This is a REALLY high IQ post...
Wowie.

Attached: 5eudtuj.jpg (500x500, 46K)

a spiritual successor is stuck in development hell, but i've still got no idea why indie devs have slept on ripping the idea off with more fleshing out.

ur fuckin bad get shit on idiot

Attached: 1558152292838.jpg (385x540, 12K)

i feel like this concept is money waiting to be made

it was banned in my country

pretty much, and there's a ton that could be done with it that the original didn't even touch upon. a few that popped into my head quickly are:
>varied behavior and ai, such as more tactical squadding from the cops
>levels separated from the campaign with goals
>scenario creator
>multiplayer of zombie versus cops

My guess is, considering the studio shut down some time after release, that it didn't sell very well. And aside the fun mechanics the game really didn't have much to it. They were just huge repetitive maps full of enemies for you to fuck with, but without the movement speed that makes something like serious sam fun to play.
But in general I still think of it as a fucking cool game full of interesting gameplay mechanics that needed to be explored further. I guess it didn't help that it was xbox exclusive, either.

Halo was released before this, Stubbs was made by ex-bungie devs and even used the same engine. You're a fucking nimrod just barking words at your speech to text software.

Disney owns the rights to it.
No joke.

The studio who made it was bought by Disney and the studio owned the rights to it.

I bet it won't be because of the licensed music, and who knows who ended up with the rights anyway.

the funny thing is that the licensed soundtrack is the only thing that's still for sale.

>Built with the Halo engine.
What an odd selling point. Stubbs the Zombie isn't even a first person shooter, so why would you bring it up?

made by ex Bungie employees

Cant find a good link for this game.
Missed the chance to bought it at 5 euros.

Goddamn that soundtrack
>Death Cab for Cutie
>Cake
>The Flaming Lips
>Phantom Planet

Then why not say "Made by former employees of Bungie - Developers of Halo"?

that sounds stupid and weird.

why are the cop rock remixes of the songs not on the OST?

Rays the Dead (by some of the OG Stubbs devs) is still in development and nearing completion apparently. Stubbs will never get an official sequel because the studio was closed not long after being bought by Disney. I guess that means Disney owns the rights to the IP maybe? Could be Microsoft though

That's kind of ironic, how these things work out. Alpha Protocol is in the same situation, I think.

>levels are short and unvaried
>game is very linear
>no replay value
>get powerups too late in the game.

i've heard it's been nearing completion for years now, it had several release dates on steam which were never met and pushed back. i knew about the official sequel rights thing, which is why an indie should just take "inspiration" from the game.

Ayspir published it but the IP is owned by Disney

The only hope you'll ever have of seeing it re-released is if Disney got back into Publishing games and brought back Touchstone Games again

it was Backwards Compatible on 360 but updates to the system actually made the game perform worse, and it got so bad that Microsoft had to delist the game because it was so unplayable

Marketing. Tard sees halo on the cover, tard thinks the game is like halo but with zombies, tard buys thing.

Any other games that can't be re-released because of the copyright clusterfuck?

Because Microsoft was trying to hype Halo as a new classic.

I think there's a torrent on the pirate bay, but if you have an AMD card you're going to have a bad time trying to get it to run.

Tony Hawk games, Alpha Protocol, Burnout and Need for Speed games.

you can grab it on abandonware sites, it's not that hard to find with the term abandonware alone. read the steam guide section if you have troubles running it and don't forget the crack.

Scott Pilgrim

wait what the fuck Alpha Protocol is delisted too?

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom

Attached: D06B67D1-7C8D-4A5F-9DB2-D0D63B7DDC5A.png (500x426, 368K)

why isn't there movies that couldn't be released?

Yep, Sega let the rights for the music expire. Should just sell the rights back to Obsidian. Not like Sega are going to do anything but milk Persona, Sonic, and Yakuza forever.

wow, looks like a shitty fucking mobile game with that art style

The rights already reverted back to Obsidian, but they're owned by M$ now. So if we ever get a sequel it will have to be greenlit by microsoft.
Considering how poorly the first game did, it's unlikely.

No One Lives Forever

Disney (Formally Fox), Warner Bros, and Activison all own some piece of the game.

Fox published it along with Sierra, Monolith got bought out by Warner in 2004 or 05 and Monolith/Warner still owns the Engine itself, Sierra was bought out by Activision around that time too, and Disney just bought out Fox.

Prey

The game itself was published by 2K, but the IP Is now owned by Bethesda and there is a ton of licensed music in the game (which didn't even need to be used in the final game since you only hear the music in the very beginning and in one or two places in throughout the ship) from Heart, Blue Oyster Cult, etc.

The rights didn't revert back to Obsidian though Sega still owns it
pastebin.com/A0UUDfvf

Well I’m sure there are some, like ones whose original reels have been lost and can’t be naturally redigitized into 4K data. Also movies are just video and imo the printing and ownership structure tends to be more clear cut in that industry

nearly everything by Telltale

although Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is still up

Maybe, but it’s got Virt music so that’s a big plus m.soundcloud.com/ragtagstudio/rays-the-dead-graveyard

Yeah unfortunately it’s reminiscent of Plants Vs Zombies in its presentation, but the art style is definitely nicer than that

Did anyone buy out Telltale? Technically that studio could rerelease any of those titles at some point (after negotiating licensing with the tie-ins)

Because the devs made stubbs, some shovelware game and then got bought by Disney and made a 3rd kinda cool minigame version of Clue.

Then got shut down

Attached: 1536708696322.png (846x715, 955K)

Who needs to play Telltale games to be rereleased, when you can just watch them on YouTube forever?

Attached: 5079F66E-BEBF-4EA6-86DF-5F9F923095BB.jpg (400x183, 20K)

Because their stuff prior to Jurassic Park actually had gameplay.

Guilty Party (almost posted Spy Party) was a fun coop Clue. Iirc that was far in development when Disney bought them so they were allowed to finish and release it before Disney relegated them to Marvel garbage games

I know I was just taking a jab at them. All their prior stuff was great. The new stuff was good too, just in a different way, but also little more than an interactive movie

>A Sega spokesperson told Eurogamer the removal had to do with the expiry of Sega's publishing rights.

>"Following the expiry of Sega's publishing rights for Alpha Protocol, the title has been removed from Steam and is no longer on sale."

I don't know how the author there came up with that conclusion. If Sega's publishing rights expired, the rights revert back to the IP owner, which is Obsidian.

They used to make actual games, you know? The Back to the Future series they did were pretty decent.

I get ya. I love their newest stuff too but alot of people haven't played their stuff prior to TWD, so I couldn't tell if it was a joke.

Attached: 1517135333433.jpg (4256x2832, 3.31M)

Believe it or not,the concept of playing as a zombie and infecting humans is not that uncommon. The thing is, most of these games just plainly suck, or were never released to begin with. Still mad they canceled this.
youtube.com/watch?v=XXrBmWkbLg0

Read the update dude.

Attached: Rights.png (851x271, 45K)

Oh well, I guess it's even more fucked, then. I never expected it to get a sequel, anyway, that kind of fluke of a game only ever happens once.

They fucked themselves over by forgoing gameplay innovation over just pumping out the same “game” with a different licensing tie-in and narrative, in an attempt to make as much as possible. Reading the interviews with the employees after the closure is depressing (forget what sites but I’m sure it’d trigger Yea Forums); them recounting how the studio heads were just pushing to release the same content as fast as possible with little concern of how they might be burning their player base out. Bttf was their last title I truly enjoyed

it's available on xbox right now though.

Noclip had a video with some interviews about it, it's pretty good.

The pc port was a complete disaster they actually stopped selling it because of how bad it was, I'll buy a remaster

That's the Halo engine for you. That engine was a disaster for anyone who wasn't Bungie.

It's true, the PC ports of Halo and Halo 2 were kind of miserable compared to the xbox versions, handled by two different developers.