I finally did it Yea Forums

I finally learned Japanese. What games should I play first?

Attached: MszRfVJ.png (1600x1600, 306K)

play Halo

Have children

metal gear rising

play fartnite lol parp

how do you “finally” learn japanese?

learning a language happens gradually over many years.

the get a job that uses your new skill game

Xenoblade Chronicles X

None, just go translate Jojolion faster.

Play the medabots games

He learned the final word in Japanese. He's done it.

>he fell for the learn japanese meme
Enjoy playing 10 untranslated VN's, realising they're all the same mindless trash and then wishing you had spent your time doing something more fun.

It's true. Word was 靉靆 if you were wondering

Kaze no Takuto was actually the first game I played in Japanese.

Tongue Toon Links childish genitals

I just came up with a new word though

Katakana loanwords don't count

SAIK you've actually been learning Chinese this whole time!

Looks like we're gonna have to revoke his J-card.

MOTH NIGGAS
How hard is it to actually learn Japanese, anyways? I can't imagine it's easy at all.

Attached: Mothman.png (1130x1613, 2.29M)

Impossible if you actually believe it is.

Do your reps, read, and consume sufficient caffeine, and you'll be fine.

Attached: 1559882294228.png (1080x1920, 397K)

Learn Russian instead

boku no pico

gatcha, mahjong, vn

It's not difficult, just time consuming. If you're willing to put 3000+ hours into it consistently then you'll manage fine. That's all language learning (and most skills) is, consistent studying over a long period of time. If you can picture yourself studying seriously every single day for at least two hours for the next four years then you should do it. If you can't commit to that, then ask yourself if you really want to learn the language.

I personally tried it and after two years I came to the conclusion that I was missing out on other hobbies/opportunities to learn a language that I wasn't even going to use that often. There's a ton of untranslated weeb shit out there, but there's a good reason it isn't translated. I don't read proper novels in my own language, so jap ones don't really hold an interest. I don't watch TV so again J-dramas and shit aren't for me. Once I had found that I wanted to know Japanese purely for the sake of knowing it, I stopped and moved on to different hobbies and became happier.

If there are people in this thread who are seriously studying Japanese, then I'd like to hear what your reasons are since I couldn't find a strong enough one for myself.

日本語は無理。やっぱり俺には無理。すぐに諦めたこんな長い時間無駄にしなかった別のことを習ったなら今糞ニートの俺はプログラマーとか立派な社会人になりたかったかな。日本語を勉強している皆さんすぐに諦めてください。日本語はむり。俺みたいな糞片言日本語レーベルは皆の未来。しかし日本語をやめたら別の価値があることを集中してこんな地獄を逃げ出します。
何でそんなに時間を無駄にした。最初からわかった。日本語は無理。日本語を勉強してる価値がない。最初からずっとちゃんとわかった。嗚呼嗚呼ああああああああああああああああああ死にたい
GIVE UP NOW

My great-aunt was a missionary, doing proselyting in Sapporo. That was a pretty long time ago. But in her old days, the first stroke she got was pretty bad, and nearly robbed her of her native language. She can't string more than two words together no more, except in japanese. So I figured, not being able to have a conversation no more must be pretty shitty, but how can I help?

Obviously to read japanese smut, duh. Everything else comes as a bonus.
I do not really study several hours a day anymore as I did when I first started. Just do some reps, read a bit every day and revise grammar if I feel like it that day. Consistency is a key and learning new things about the language is fun if you are not pressed on time. Besides it's fun to see how my mother tongue and Japanese are similar in a way though in no way related besides both being syntactic languages.

>I'd like to hear what your reasons are since I couldn't find a strong enough one for myself.
making money

I feel the exact same way but I tried to learn the language just so i can play unlocalized games/import games so I dont have to wait for translations...but realized it wasn't worth the time investing just to play a small handful of games.

I mean, I'm not even interested J-culture, J-drama, anime/manga, or literature. So I'd more than likely hate myself if I actually consistently went through with it for such a lame reward like getting to play a game like pic related 2 years before it comes westside.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (239x300, 25K)

Monobeno

>making money
Like how, like a scanlator who translates manga/light novels for donations? You'd have to be pretty fluent(more than understand videogames with grade school level reading comprehension) to professionally teach or translate.

The only reason to learn Jap is if you live there.

I tried for a while and got down maybe 800ish kanji, but I lost interest and their media is all trope filled shovelware garbage

FIFA 19

Ask 2chan

no, the money is in big boy interpretation

Help us by translating games.

Where are these interpretation jobs? They don't seem to exist in London its just translation.

Yeah, but is interpretation in demand as a gig? Is the competition fierce, like having to know 3-4 language minimum? And are their standards so low that theyll pick up any n3-n5 level dude who can barely read at a normal pace?