70€

>70€
>digital triggers
what a joke

Attached: 5748618_sd.jpg (2121x1474, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fbeDfN8Wpks
aliexpress.com/item/EastVita-1pc-2pcs-Bluetooth-Wireless-Pro-Controller-Gamepad-Joypad-Remote-for-Nintend-Switch-Console-Gamepad-Joystick/32848908791.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But the triggers are fine, it's the d-pad that's shit.

It's been fixed on newer revisions but the earlier versions had a fucking horrible d-pad that would constantly register diagonal movements when you didn't want it to do so.

>But the triggers are fine, it's the d-pad that's shit.
They are still digital just saying they are fine does nothing to invalidate that fact.

Why is it so expensive anyway

Attached: 1560283665090.png (328x353, 112K)

I honestly don't know why so many people on Yea Forums rank this controller as like top 5 of all time material. It might be good for games like Monster Hunter GU where you rarely ever need to use a d-pad, but for any genre that requires extensive use of a d-pad, like the many sidescrollers and platformers the Switch has, or for fighting games, this controller is fucking useless.

Because Nintendo.

built in gyro and nfc reader i suppose

Nintendo tax. Buy it from Aliexpress for the not inflated price, the only difference is the rumble being kinda shitty, but for $15 you can't go wrong.

seems fine. none of the games use analog triggers anyway

>15 dollars
That's probably the fake Chinese copycat. The best kind of discount you'd find for the Switch controller is 60 bucks.

>2019
>AA batteries

It's exactly the same controller, mate. Even the weight and feel of the buttons are the same, the battery only lasts for 20hrs, but everything else is impossible to tell apart from the original. It was the only way of getting the Xenoblade pad without paying a small fortune, I don't regret it at all.

What's wrong with the dpad? I use it exclusively for tropical freeze and it works fine

Aside from the digital triggers the pro controller is great, it's a got a solid weight to it and feels very sturdy, makes other controllers feel like cheap toys

>get just a little speck of dust under analog

Attached: 1539715931976.webm (720x404, 743K)

>inbuilt battery loses charge capacity over time
>when it dies, have to open the whole thing to replace it
>replacement batteries get more expensive over time and eventually only the chink knock off remains
meanwhile
>pair of AAs are used up? no problem, pop another two inside and let the dry ones recharging
>they go bad? no problem, just buy another pair as quality AAs will always exist

Attached: 5346346346.jpg (1000x1000, 127K)

>no problem, just buy more and more AAs that will end up costing more than the in-built battery will in this long term scenario 10+ years in the future
You're such a fucking retard

Attached: Free-Samples-pc-cleaning-tools-pressurized-air.jpg (800x800, 55K)

>6 months of use
>the left stick is already slightly drifting to the left if i leave the controller untouched
Why are analogs always the problem

Do you play sims? You don't? Then why do you want analog you retard

>Euros

Disgusting

I'm still using that same brand for over 12 years now buddy, got it for my 360 pad and now been using it for the X1. How many inbuilt batteries go bad in the same time frame? my DS3's shat the bed a long time ago, it only works wired now.

still better than those shitty basedcons

I WANNA DANCE
I WANNA DANCE

Which controller has a good dpad? I was thinking of getting something to play Umihara Kawase Fresh as it's a pain with the split buttons.

mysix axis and ds3 still work fine after 12 years. a lot AA batteries have died in a fucking wiimotes in 12 years.

Analogs were used even in stuff like Luigi's Mansion and Sunshine back on the GC.

Just order a 8bit do
Is the PS4 controller a good switch pro controller substitute?

It's useless on PC for actual racing games unlike that marios kart kiddie shit.

You can just blow in it and itll fix for awhile before coming back.

better to take it apart and clean for longer fix

duh

>$180
>no gyro controls

Attached: c7288a05-2f82-4b91-abd5-a2a70fd343e7.jpg (1920x831, 415K)

Also HD Rumble

Isn't there also the problem of these inbuilt batteries just leaking when they get old?

At least with replaceable regular batteries, once they're dead you just throw them away, so they never have a chance to start leaking.

if you can't tell the difference between the real thing and the Tiananmen edition, then this truly must be one awful, shit controller

you are dumb. really really dumb

I might check it out then. If it's only 15 bucks then even if it only lasts a year, then that's fine.

I have a problem with mine constantly needing to reconnect to the switch. Does anybody know a fix for this?

buy eneloops faggot.

so dumb. just a dumb human

Does it have gyro controls and the like?

lol
this guys solution to a controller with a shit dpad is to replace it with the controller with the shittiest dpad

why are nin-toddlers just the dumbest people on this board?

Got mine on sale last week during the big E3 sales. No way I was getting it for full price, but at the price I got it at, it's not a bad deal.

Yeah it does, gyro surprisingly works fine

this is why you will never get a mario sunshine remaster.

I'm sick of remasters anyway

fpbp
came here to post this, fuck that shitty dpad

Here's a video about them - youtu.be/fbeDfN8Wpks
tldr It's the same as the pro controller. The only issues is that the controller can arrive broken (his dpad didn't work).

Thanks user, I'll go grab one from aliexpres then.

Attached: 1556828200154.jpg (401x574, 44K)

Not just that
>More expensive than any other standard controller
>Doesn't come with the console as the cherry on top
>digital triggers
>Absolutely shit D-pad design (some people are still in denial and think the small as fuck nitnendo D-pads are somehow good)
>D-pad is known to have input errors
>Has no 3.5mm audio jack, you still have to plug your headphones to the console itself. No voice-chat through the controller which has been a standard feature for 12 years now.
>Did I mention it's more expensive than Xbone/PS4's controller and pretty much an obligatory purchase for every Switch owner unless you are mentally ill and think any sort of Joycon configuration is acceptable?

Attached: 1534697508537.png (520x678, 514K)

Well, is this a good solution then? aliexpress.com/item/EastVita-1pc-2pcs-Bluetooth-Wireless-Pro-Controller-Gamepad-Joypad-Remote-for-Nintend-Switch-Console-Gamepad-Joystick/32848908791.html

Either way, I'm still gonna use the PS4 controller for non 2D shit

It would be better if it didn't have triggers at all. Shoulder buttons are almost always more useful.

PS4 controller > Xbone controller > Pro Controller

>PS4 controller > Xbone controller
If you are a woman with small hands, yeah.

>not using Steam Input to bind your entire keyboard to one trigger

Attached: 1557241549386.png (714x581, 838K)

DS4 is bigger than Xbox controller though.

Don't buy 3rd party shit. Ignore that user, Playstation has by far the best D-pads on homeconsoles. Not saying that's impressive considering we don't need to even mention Xbox and that Nintendo's homeconsole D-pads are trash, especially Pro's.

Are you getting an universal adapter or something? It would be neat if it could use DS3's gyro and touchpad (not sure if games like MarioMaker2 allow for touch controls while docked though)

Same exact size overall, pic related. In fact DS4's analogs, D-pad and facebuttons are all bigger than Xbone's (which is a common criticism, they reduced theirsize compared to 360 for no apparent reason). You probably only think it's smaller because it doesn't have as much plastic between the handles.

Attached: 1540606502848.jpg (1068x732, 120K)

The PS4 controller is wider and heavier than the Xbone controller, user, and thereby feels larger and better in the hand. The Xbone controller has extra height and thickness, but it's all for naught.
>PS4
162 mm × 98 mm x 52 mm
>Xbone
154 mm × 105 mm × 61.3 mm

Xbone controller goes right into the trash with its lack of gyro.

Attached: 1554561334843.gif (202x227, 365K)

have you used one, the triggers are not fine

>actually wanting spongy analogue triggers instead of nice snappy instant digital triggers

Digital triggers were a fad that less than 1% of games use

Attached: 1541862441080.png (164x140, 33K)

>nearly all games with vehicles use them, not just racing games either
>"heh just 1%"

>PlayStation has the best dpads
said nobody fucking ever

What games use them though? The only other game I can think of is Sunshine.

Also I feel digital triggers are pointless when games are ported to PC.

What's the point of DS4's gyros?

The PS4 unironically has the best d-pad this gen, maybe even ever, if it wasn't the the GOAT PSVita d-pad.

To make gimmicky mechanics in certain sections of the games. They never feel good, nobody likes them, but devs still do them

a+ logic

What's so bad about digital triggers? What's the difference between them and analog?

Nigger, solid D-pads are trash. They are shit. Objectively bad. It's not ever about Snoy's D-pad being great, just the rest are unusable garbage.

I think you might be legitimately dropped on your head as a child, DS dpads are by far the most common complaint from everyone. They did improve them, sure, but they still feel mushy and almost unusable for prolonged use. Yes I do own DS4. And DS3. And 2 and 1. Xbone dpad is just better if you actually plan on playing the fucking game with it instead of use it for weapon switching.

You're telling me games developed for a controller without analog triggers don't use analog triggers??

Also you're wrong anyway, off the top of my head there's that trials game that utilizes analog triggers on every other console (is actually important too) but stuck in digital on switch

>Implying controls in general aren't fucking expensive

>Xbone dpad is just better
>solid dpad
>better
>I think you might be legitimately dropped on your head as a child
the irony is strong here

>70€
What? I bought it for 50€ on Amazon

Attached: 1529360009827.jpg (1024x576, 49K)

Air dusting is a big meme. Get a contact cleaner instead.

Gyro should be used for mouse-like aim in shooters but Sony is avoiding that for some reason so The real point DS4's gyros is to use it on PC with Steam Input.

Attached: gaben.jpg (1200x800, 107K)

Is this the most retarded post on this board? I think it is.

Says the nigger who likes DS dpads. I will give you vita ones, but not DS4 one, not even close. Now fuck off.

>Fix d-pad issue
>Diagonals become impossible to input
For fuck's sake

>Muh HD Rumble
>Muh Gyro
>Muh Accelorometer

xbone dpad worst dpad this gen
xbone needed an 160$ controller to marginally improve its shitty dpad

Explain to me how solid dpads are worse

What causes Joy Con drifting?

Input inaccuracies.

Attached: ps-vita-review-2013-7.jpg (1000x667, 53K)

On what fucking scale? How low the actuation point has to be for it be the case? You have to have fatass fingers for it to be a legitimate issue, but at the same it it would bother you with any dpad.

DualShock 4 not having the analog face buttons of DualShock 2/3 was the most retarded decision ever made when designing a new controller.

nobody cares but you Kojima

Google it

>its exactly the same except for the ways it isn't the same
top logic mate. also you're wrong, the tianemen version is utter shit compared with the nintendo one.

You're just a fat fuck and probably american

Stupid useless shit like nfc reader, motion controlls and HD rumble

The dpad is shit and apparently the sticks have the same drifting autism that the sóy-con have.

DS4 gyro isn't accurate or stable enough. Even the switch's gyros are at the ragged edge of good enough. they're plenty accurate but only barely stable enough for prolonged use, BOTW is constantly having to recalibrate them internally, thats one of the things that happens when you enter/exit a shrine, which are pretty much the only places where absolute orientation matters.

Digital triggers are way fucking better, I can't think of any game that actually uses analogue triggers

What makes digital triggers better that can't be achieved with analogue triggers?

Been using a Wii U pro controller on my Switch and I'll never go back to anything else. What a god tier controller.

Not that user but input delay.

A digital input registers automatically. An analog trigger has a slight delay, then has to spring back up.

I recked peeps in Black Ops 2 with a single shot rifle because of the digital triggers on the Wii U Pro controller. I could wreck the same if I had a shitty Dualshock 4 or Xbone pad but the digital triggers allow my to aim and fire instantly.

Analog triggers are an absolute gimmick that are only for racing games back when racing games were plentiful (like Dreamcast and Gamecube and Xbox days).

Analog input should be more like PS2 where the face buttons have them. That was important back when racing games had different control schemes and some games used a face button for drive and reverse unlike today's generic era of "
Right trigger is go" or "right trigger make shooty".

I don't get why people rave about that one, the buttons felt cheap and flimsy to press, and I didn't like the dpad.

Trigger locks, the same input delay can be achieved with analogue triggers.

Only those nigger-tier realistic racing games.

I actually prefer digital triggers because every game I play just uses analog triggers in a digital manner anyway. Digital triggers are easier to press more reliably and consistently, especially if you have to press them multiple times in succession or in combination with any other buttons.

Absolutely false.

You cannot shoot faster than me if you tried. The analog trigger will always be slower. Also digital triggers have a quicker, almost instant snap back.

There's nothing wrong with the DS4's gyro. Draems uses it like a mouse cursor and it works fine

In any game with a vehicle that isn't a realistic driving sim you pretty much just go full blast with the accelerator and if you need to let off for a turn you either tap the brake or just let it off all the way anyway. I use digital triggers exclusively and I never feel like I'm missing any degree of control in the games I play because I don't play literal driving sims.

How are analogue triggers with trigger locks slower? How do digital buttons/triggers have a quicker snap back than analogue triggers with trigger locks? They travel the same distance mate.

>Feels nice.
>Can actually hold a charge.
>Motion controls work well.
>D-Pad isn't shit despite what others say.
Overpriced? Probably. But it's a good controller

If this controller had gyro it would be the perfect controller. I'm still mad at Nintendo for not putting gyro into this thing.

Attached: 452707-nintendo-wii-u-pro-controller.jpg (333x245, 10K)

Digital triggers are better for everything other than racing simulators.

Think of any games with vehicles.
Racing
GTA
EDF
etc

Attached: 1559476930172.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Apparently I got lucky. Bought a launch day Switch Pro Controller and even trying as hard as I want going left-right-left-right-left-right in the controller test menu I cannot get false inputs to happen.

The only way I can make them appear is if I just "waggle around" on the dpad rolling my finger about instead of actually pressing left or right.

Any examples of a good dpad? I've seen people on this board shit on every single controller in that area.

Stop being underaged. They dont.

Those games are on PC with keyboard and mouse. Analog triggers are useless. They only became popular after Sega made them and Microsoft took them for Halo. And after that it's just been shooter after shooter using the same shitty triggers and control schemes.

99% of games don't even have analog actions.

In my opinion, the Xbone Elite, 3DS (though the position is shit), and Wii Classic Pro.

Only realistic driving sims benefit from analog triggers. Arcade racers and kart racers frequently use face buttons for acceleration anyway. GTA is arcadey enough that you can just hold down the accelerator the whole time and if you need to let off for a turn, you can just let off all the way and press it back down with no issue (I actually play GTA with a keyboard and mouse with zero issues controlling the cars). I've never played EDF, but if it's anything like other FPS games with vehicles I imagine it also doesn't actually benefit from analog control.

Wii Classic Controller
Wii Classic Pro
Wii U Pro
Wii U gamepad

>inb4 that mentally ill retard saying vita

It's dumb that the Switch doesn't support it natively but luckily the USB dongles don't add any perceivable lag.

Attached: soytendo4.gif (679x752, 671K)

I dominate on NuDoom with it. Ironic that the Wii U Pro controller was perfectly designed for FPS games.

>Stop being underaged. They dont.
Nice job answering the question, you're fucking retarded and don't know what you're talking about.

>GTA is arcadey enough that you can just hold down the accelerator the whole time and if you need to let off for a turn,
If you're shit maybe. Doesn't matter anyway, it's better with analogue controls.

How is it?
Does it have much more latency than the Switch Pro if I plug it into the Switch with that dongle thing?

Thinking of using it for Mario Maker 2

Attached: sf30pro.jpg (804x376, 155K)

I was god tier at GTAV online racing and won everything for months.
On a fucking keyboard.

>you will never have light shields in smash ever again
Back to the GameCube I go then

Is there any good controller for this fucking thing with a decent d pad? I’ve been through most of them except the official pro controller now, and I’m saddened to hear that the dpad also sucks dick for it

The real joke here is the fact that none of the old Wii/U peripherals work anymore. Talk about a slap in the face to Wii U owners.

8Bitdo has never made a single product worth buying.

>Those games are on PC with keyboard and mouse
And they feel like absolute shit. Also why bring up the mouse when the keyboard is the only relevant factor here?
You don't have nearly as much control of vehicles on PC without a joystick/wheel/controller. I can't begin to imagine playing Helis in EDF without analogs and triggers.

Feels retarded to only go from 0-100 with cars and say you don't have a bad experience in GTA. No subtle braking, accelerating (at lights, or following someone at a moderate speed, or turning corners at exact spins so that you don't spin out, etc etc). Rockstar is pure shit nowadays so I barely touched 5 on its original release, but I sure as fuck wouldn't play 4 without a controller.
M&K are absolute shit for me for nearly any game that isn't RTS-related or FPS. I remember tapping A and D 10 times per second of fast Need For Speed races like an idiot.

M&K is 10x worse than Nintendo's Pro controller, at least Pro has analog sticks, M&K lacks even that. Horrible.

If the WiiU Pro had gyro and a matte finish instead of glossy it would literally be the best controller ever made.

That battery life too. Fuck I love it.

Sure thing buddy.

I don't think you actually need a dongle for that. I'm pretty sure it'll sync with the Switch as is.

I have one, and I thought it was fine, but I've only used it on PC so far.

As I understand it, digital triggers are either being pulled or they are not. It's binary, they're either on or off. Analog triggers however allow for variations in pressure, light squeezing or tapping to allow for burst or slow firing. In short analog gives more control.

>gyro
I mostly use these controllers on PC so gyro is useless for me. I'll just use the mouse if I need precision.

I have the one he posted, it works perfectly well for playing old 2D platformers like castlevania, and it'll do for modern games in a pinch or as a player 2 controller.

I do not understand complaints about the price when it’s only 10$ more than the Duelshock 4 and completely makes up for it in not having a shit battery life.

>can't play racing games properly
>can't play ace combat
>no use whatsoever in games like MGS where the difference in aiming and shooting is the amount of force you apple on the triggers
in another words, digital triggers are made for kid consoles

I also own it and regret buying it heavily. The dpad is beyond awful. I had to fix the dpad like a dozen times to get it to not register diagonals constantly. That and the dpad just feels like shit to push.

Can any of these be used on switch? are there any controlled options with good dpads for switch? I want to replay Hollow Knight and I want Bloodstained when it comes out, the other options just seem worthless

This is correct.

It's mainly a consideration of what game you're playing. In racing games, you want analog triggers, so you can depress the button only partially instead of always being 100% or 0% on the gas. In a shooter, digital is actually better so you can press the button fully quicker.

Then you get stuff like the Gamecube, which had two analog triggers that also have a bump when you depress them fully. Those are amazing. No idea why Nintendo stopped using those.

WiiU, GBA SP, and 3DS all have excellent d-pads. To an extent, the NES/SNES d-pads do as well, but that is mostly because they had to be due to being the only input for movement.

>I mostly use these controllers on PC so gyro is useless for me.
Steam overlay supports gyro and it's really great in games where you mostly freely control a character but then sometimes need to aim a gun. Stuff like MGS, for example. You get nice analog stick control for movement, then when you pull out the gun you have control that's a lot more precise than an analog stick alone. It's a perfect compromise between gamepad and KBM in games that use multiple control schemes.

analog triggers are disqusting and im glad there is atleast ONE company smart enough to fight against then

I use my Wii and Wii U controllers on Switch sometimes.

Because you've probably never keyboarded a car in GTAIV or V and then used the mouse to accurately drive by baddies or to position your camera while driving and locking it there (unlike a controller which snaps back the camera to default position after a while).

Even classic GTA used digital buttons.

it's not about false inputs, just try playing tetris or any serious fighting game with that dpad and you will see how bad it really is

Get the mayflash dongle for switch and you can use any controller you want with it including Xbox, DS4, and Wii U pro.

I never had that problem, but that's unfortunate. I think part of it is due to some earlier batches being really shit, but also in part it's a general design flaw on all their controllers. It's fixable with some electric tape though, or at least that's what I've read. I was going to do it myself actually, but it worked fine for me, so I never bothered.

Get the Mayflash adapter since 8bitdo is trash.

The Wii U Pro syncs right away to the adapter while the Wii Classic controllers will require a Wii remote to sync and then to plug in the Classic controller. That's how I use my Wii fight stick on Switch.

The only racing controller for me is the Namco neGcon.

Attached: Namco_Negcon_centred.jpg (2256x1396, 278K)

>I use my Wii and Wii U controllers on Switch sometimes.
Without a third party dongle? Does that work now?

>HD Rumble
I don't get why Nintendo farts so loud about this when the X1 pad also has something similar and is sold for cheaper.

>In a shooter, digital is actually better so you can press the button fully quicker.
Or just get proper analogue triggers with trigger locks, no compromise.

I hear that the input lag isn’t good for platformers for that thing, any good wired controllers or is that basically it?

Who said we're okay with the pricing on Dualshocks? Controllers in general are too pricey these days. The Switch one just happens to be the worst offender.

Yes, yes, good goy, keep paying a king's ransom for cheap plastic.

There's no noticeable input lag with the mayflash dongle. I use it to use the Wii U Pro on my switch with games like Sonic Mania and the NES classics without any problem at all.

Radios for wireless connectivity, NFC reader for Amibos, gyros and accelerometers for motion controls, Vibrator motors for rumble. All that shit and the R&D costs associated with designing this controller ain't cheap.

or you can just get digital triggers which are better and used for far more games than analog

I fucking hate the DS4 sticks, triggers, and its wide shape. Hands lock up playing DMC5/DJMAX within 2 hours of using the fucking things. Any other recommendations if the Switch pro controller ain't worth it?

I’ll have to check that out, I’ve always wanted a WiiU pro, I guess I can find one for cheap somewhere these days

You can't properly control cars with digital triggers, that's a compromise. Besides, there's no way that digital triggers are better than proper analogue triggers with trigger locks.

Because for whatever reason Nintendo constantly feels the need to add expensive gimmicks to justify new hardware. Because just having it be like the old system but better is apparently not good enough, it needs something new and radical.

Not that HD rumble really is either. But that seems to be their mode of thought.

Are those Wii U Pro sold on aliexpress any ''good''? I'd rather try my luck with these than an used one as it will be busted as shit and full of black gunk stuck in its crevices.

Attached: 1474116054366.png (505x656, 522K)

No, however a $20 solution beats paying $80 for a new controller.

Do they really have the same rumble? The nintendo one is literally stereo vibration.

Imagine having to get "trigger locks" because your controller is by default garbage.

Lag is almost unnoticeable. It'll never be like a wired connection, but even then a controller attached to USB on the dock will still have to go through the charge port to send information. So even wired the controller is not directly attached to the Switch.

Buy a Mayflash-NS my dude.

Same. The only reason I'm considering buying a different controller is because the Wii U pro controller lacks gyro.

I think the Switch controller is worth having one of, it's just that if you want to play a few games of mario kart with friends it's not a justifiable cost to buy four of them. At least that's what I think.

>Imagine having to get "trigger locks" because your controller is by default garbage.
It's not something you get, it's a feature of the controller. It's not garbage without it, it doesn't exist without it.

*blocks your path*

Attached: Contact_Bounce.png (512x289, 6K)

Suggest me a controller that has analog triggers and built-in trigger locks and gyro controls but costs less than $100.

this is an entire thread consisting of nintendo users supporting the fact that their controllers are missing a basic feature

Why?

>analog triggers
>basic feature

>imagine paying over $100 for a controller whose console has no software worth playing

Zoo wee mama....

No, this is a thread of controller fans who understand the Wii U Pro controller is peak design.

Also
>shitty gimmick triggers are now a basic feature

Lmao. Yall underage niglets probably don't realize just how bad today's controllers are.

>Do they really have the same rumble? The nintendo one is literally stereo vibration.
the X1 pad has four rumble motors, it's immersive in shooters and racing games, but also a fucking battery killer

They could probably knock the price down a bit if they didn't have that nfc bullshit, fuck amibos and fuck the people who enable Nintendo by buying them

Controllers with trigger locks are fucking unreasonably expensive. I'd rather pay $70 for a controller with digital triggers and gyro than pay $115 or more for a controller with trigger locks that I'm going to have engaged 99% of the time anyway, and it may or may not even have gyro.

>>imagine paying over $100 for a controller whose console has no software worth playing
>
>Zoo wee mama....
? I bought my controller for PC and Switch, plenty of games on there.

>70 eurobux controller
>basic

Anyone who wants analog triggers is a niglet who plays shit like Need for Speed.

I hated the Wii U pro controller though, the stick placement wasn’t comfortable at all

>The nintendo one is literally stereo vibration.
Even PS4 controller has the same. Some games fire left and right motors at different strength depending on what's happening in game

>tapping A and D 10 times per second of fast Need For Speed races
Which is unironically better than any kind of controller faggotry.

Attached: 32f.jpg (680x794, 33K)

I just looked at the controller without the shell. They are not the same. The XB1 controller is still using the same weights as older controllers. The joycon and switch pro use vibration springs similar to some smart phones. That means instead of "rumbling" they vibrate at a very slow frequency and up to a very high frequency that will make the springs emitt sounds and sounds in specific "keys". As in your controller will vibrate instead of shaking, and can then emitt melodies or sound effects from the vibration.

See this post.

Okay, I care more about having something good than settling for worse. Then again, I'm not strapped for cash.

I'm not strapped for cash either, mostly because I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on video game controllers with features I'll barely ever use, if ever at all.

any recommended seller?

>mostly because I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on video game controllers with features I'll barely ever use, if ever at all.
I'd call that strapped for cash though, I don't need to worry about small expenses like that. I'm sorry that you do.

I don't think analog triggers would improve or add any functionality to enough games to be worth it on the Switch. Hell, I only noticed analog face-buttons on PS2 with Okami and MGS3, the latter using it as a core component of CQC.

Attached: 1543432674778.png (560x315, 186K)

sort for number of orders

The worst thing is, the HD Rumble is really suspectible to becoming defect and buzzy if a small copper wire gets caught up inside.
Happened to my joycons and to 2 Pro Controllers

The Bone controller has rumble in its triggers as well.

It's after market copies, literally the same but without the nintendo branding

Built in gyro, NFC reader, HD rumble. And actually that plastic feels pretty goddamn decent compared to my PS3 controller (especially, that thing feels like trash) and my Xbone controller.

I'd rather invest that money into my retirement.

why would you think that an ideal controller for realistic racers would also be the ideal controller for platformers, character action games, RPGs, etc?

digital triggers just work, and 99% of the time that extra bit of mechanical engineering going into "analogue triggers with trigger locks" is just a complete waste and will not last as long as standard digital buttons.

PS4 and Xbone controllers also cost $70 when they were new.

the 360/X1 pad works for all that and is cheaper, what's your point?

... so it's about false inputs?
The very thing people complain about is getting false inputs. Most of the time phantom DPAD-UP inputs while rapidly going from left to right or vice versa.

And mine just doesn't do that. Even if I alternate between left and right as rapidly as I humanly can.

>That material on the grips of the pro controller
What the fuck is that? That is top tier.

>why would you think that an ideal controller for realistic racers would also be the ideal controller for platformers, character action games, RPGs, etc?
I never said that.

Personally I have an issue because the thing slides around in its housing, so sometimes if I press and hold my thumb down too much then it shifts and starts grinding against the case. I also get false inputs on both Pro Controllers I have as well.

>Watching a video on how to fix the dpad for the Switch
>Its failure is that it's too sensitive and too good at its job
Dang.

The Steam Controller has so called HD Runble as well. It even uses the exact same hardware for it as the Switch controller.

X1 Pad doesn't have HD rumble. At least not from what I've been able to tell. Feels like the same rumble we've had in controllers forever now.

You can plug in a GC controller and the analogue works

Liquified and reconstituted Nintendium

No center pivot.

>When pressing a direction it shorts the circuits to allow the input to go through
>Sometimes when pressing a direction you will accidentally apply some pressure towards up or down as well
>Because of how sensitive those shorts are that results in an up/down press being registered as well
Basically if Nintendo cut those two pieces of metal in half and forced you to press the pad down further to properly short that would resolve the issue. Hence the reason all it takes is a little bit of tape to fix it.

Attached: dpad sensitivity.jpg (584x461, 28K)

mine is falling apart after like 6 months