Smash Bros. Ultimate Hero screenies

Looks like the stage is called 天空の祭壇 (Altar of the Heavens)

Attached: 020.jpg (1920x1080, 821K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9gxtO1NmV8M
usgamer.net/articles/the-history-of-rpgs-how-dragon-quest-redefined-a-genre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=19472.30
gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 021.jpg (1920x1080, 874K)

wheres this from?

>it's legal

based and DQpilled

Attached: 022.jpg (1920x1080, 888K)

Everyone and their mother has a meter now.

天安門事件?

wouldnt it be too long to be legal?

4gamer

Attached: 023.jpg (1920x1080, 853K)

>100mp
>spells costing up to 30(?) maybe more
>even spells that don't cost anything in DQ cost mp
it all depends on how he gets his mp back

it won't be "legal" by virtue of having orchestrated Sugiyama music I reckon

Attached: 024.jpg (1920x1080, 815K)

Is the stage just flat?

My guess is that normal hits will give you back 1-2 MP.

Attached: 026.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

look at the top left of

it tilts, but I don't think it's long

maybe it's battlefield mode?

>You call that a fire attack?
THIS IS A FIRE ATTACK

Mordegon's palace or The Crucible would've been great stage choices

Attached: 1559298141095.png (1920x1080, 3.46M)

forgot image

Attached: 025.jpg (1920x1080, 376K)

Looks nice.
Look forward to the one song (the main theme, DQ11 redux) that will be given by Square for this stage.

I can't believe Wario is fucking dead

Why? Cause Sugiyama is racist? Seriously?

So the stage is like Umbra Clocktower?

should've been slime...

stage sucks no monsters show up besides slime

Copyright.

Just as some stages were banned for the same reason in Smash 4.

You retard. It's the same reason you can't play Ring Ding Dong in tourneys even though it would be the hypest shit - copyright crap.

Probably cause he's such a copyright troll no one will risk streaming the stage.

Same reason the MOTHER stages all aren't legal.

He just hates other people using his music.

he's extremely protective of his work

it's a lot of the reason we didn't already have the orchestral tracks on PS4

Wrong the reason is that SE are cheap bastards

>maybe it's battlefield mode?
That platform doesn't look like it's where it would be if it were a Battlefield version, it's too far to the left and too high up. Not to mention you can't see the other platforms in that shot when you would be able to if it were a Battlefield stage.

So it's like Clocktower then, where platforms come and go.

It's both.

I'm pretty sure he's not so much racist as xenophobic
But I suppose in a country like Japan that's essentially the same thing.

Nah if you pay him he has zero problem with it
SE just wants to abuse him like they abused uematsu but they cant so they hate him

Shame. This shit would have been great in tourneys.

youtube.com/watch?v=9gxtO1NmV8M

Erdrick looks way better than the Luminary
Any shots of Eight and Solo?

Nope sadly, all the alt shots are the ones we've already known/seen (from smash website).

Smash is an anime fighter now it's doubling down on character gimmicks to hide how poor the core gameplay is

>poor core gameplay

Why do people call this guy Madason when his name is Abel?

Attached: DQHeroV.png (1000x970, 769K)

>ridley's shit projectiles
>useful outside of keeping offstage foes out

>can't play Ring Ding Dong
REALLY? Fucking bullshit man, gay as hell.

I can't believe it took me this long to realize goku was fighting on a new stage

I must have just subconsciously labeled it as battlefield

To be fair, the reveal trailer briefly showed the DQ stage, then occasionally cut to the actual Battlefield stage right after. If you weren't paying attention I can see how the two might have blurred together.

>hurr hurr he looks like goku

Well yeah. There's a reason Smash 4 went in hard with the Blazblue esque character systems. Brawl also had trash core mechanics, but it was way less egregious about new character gimmicks

Is... is there anything on the stage? At all? It just looks like a really long Final Destination.

At least there's a slime cameo. A single demon cameo would've been nice on Menumentos.

>he thinks making characters less the same is bad

Why aren't all stages legal with the battlefield/omega versions? Everyone just seems to use the same few stages still

music

Sorry, I meant gohan

>gohan

he's android 17

Seems like something like Umbran Clocktower where platforms appear and reappear.

I really enjoy how it looks. Hopefully it comes out around July instead of stretching it through August. Also we probably won't see Banjo till October.

Attached: 4c2.jpg (1200x641, 210K)

If we look at 4, We'd get a final direct of sorts for the last two dlc in October while explaining Banjo and his release date.

I was a little disappointed with this guy until I saw the magic stuff. Looks pretty fun.

They said that all DLC characters in the Fighter Pass will release by February 2020. Unless they go back on that, it means we have four characters they need to squeeze into the next eight months.

February is still considered Winter right? I guess that means we'll be getting 2 winter characters

I'm assuming they're probably going to go by one a season.
>Summer
>Fall
>Winter
And then Feb. 2020 to round it out. I kinda hope they don't start a second fighter pass at least for now. This one didn't seem like it panned out too well.

I don't care about Banjo or Hero in Smash but Hero's moveset is more interesting. Definitely higher IQ. Outside of Banjo using his actual moves he doesn't really do anything that unique or new.

Autism.

It lets them give the characters basic ass normals but with a tacked on special move gimmick to make them more "unique".

>basic ass normals
Rosalina has a puppet but her normals are unique in execution. Not only are they unique, they give more variance and thought to their moveset. Compare that to the literal speed fighter shit we saw in melee and brawl.

It's almost like there's only so many ways to punch and kick or swing a pointy stick. The vast majority of normals are boring as fuck.

because he da don of his mada

>Midgar is literally just Battlefield but with FF summons
>all tournies set to hazardless anyways
>every fag still picks Battlefield instead, if they don’t immediately go to Shitville

Attached: 93FE7B4D-3E4C-4587-B9ED-4D7EC1707349.jpg (1068x388, 160K)

>Smash makes a second fighter pass
Fill it out, Yea Forums.

I only need Waluigi and Midna now
>inb4 they are Assist Trophies

Pokemon /ss/shill pick
SMT I/II protagonist
Commander Shepard
Tails
Classic Lara Croft

Most of them are, tourneyfags just prefer the consistency of the original maps

Did streaming/youtube really get tighter that playing certain music will automatically flag your video?

Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Sissel
Neku
Dr. Eggman

>prefer the consistency of the original maps
That seems weird. I get in SF4 why pros always used training room, it was boring but that was the point for them. Some thought the lines on the floor could help spacing as well. But here I don't get it at all.

Neku
Chaos (Sonic)
Rex
Dragonborn
Scorpion or Sub-Zero

DQ8 Hero looks better than both

>Andross
>Capt. Toad
>Mach Rider
>a new Zelda rep
>Porky Minch

Reimu and Doomguy for the first pass, and for the second:

>Crash
>Scorpion
>Travis Touchdown
>Amaterasu
>Heavy

What was this place called in the English version? I'm pretty sure that wasn't it.

Yggdrasil's Altar or something like that

Just give me Minecraft Steve and Doomguy and I'll be happy. Or Travis Touchdown.

Porky
Hayabusa
Gunvolt
Obligatory shill rep
Tetrinomo

Isaac
Geno
Waluigi
Lloyd
Bomberman

Attached: 1534345073096m.jpg (353x640, 42K)

If I'm unapologetically pandering to my self, and assuming none of these guys get into the first pass, which most of them won't
>Geno
>Paper Mario
>Doom Guy
>Quote
>Cuphead

___Not___
Going
Phoenix Wright
To ever
Happen

>Ryu Hayabusa
>Geno
>Master Chief
>Arthas Menethil
>The Contra guys

>Sissel
That's even more ridiculous than Layton or Wright, but I'll be all for it.

Dude imagine the moveset manipulating shit, neutral special is entering the ghost world, while other specials can bring out items to possess, causing the main body to be idle and vulnerable. Shit would be insane, and I'd love it. Also I'm contemplating switching out Dr. Eggman for The Knight.

>Isaac
>Krystal
>Springman
>Shovel Knight
>Prince of Sable
It's the fan-made fighter pass in 2021

Attached: smughat.gif (291x245, 1.72M)

Realistic or pipe dreams?

Attached: 1542458872105.png (500x500, 178K)

Pipe dream.

are wishlist fags the same as rosterfags?

I know Sissel would never happen, but it'd be pretty sweet if a bit of Ghost Trick representation did happened to slide in if Phoenix got in. Just a single track, spirit and Mii would be swell.

>Isa Jo
>Travis Touchdown
>Amaterasu
>Palico/Prowler
>Byleth
The quickest ones that came to mind.

Amaterasu
Agumon + his evolutions
Scorpion or Sub-Zero
Sephiroth (We need One Winged Angel)

Attached: 3874928347.gif (500x281, 1.97M)

We gotta dream big, and have faith in a second fighter pass! But some Ghost Trick rep with Wright is plausible, Capcom is extremely generous music and spirits. God, now I really just want to dream up a moveset for Sissel.

>Video game all-stars crossover
>One winged angel is not in
In my eyes you still fucked up, Squeenix

Attached: 1542838434710.jpg (250x250, 9K)

Assuming Spirits get to be fighters this time
>Wonder Red
>Tetra
>Rayman
>Dixie Kong
>Shantae

>fix
>the
>fucking
>online
>god damn it

First Season was all third party
Second one will be all 1st Party

Waluigi
Isaac/Felix
Sylux
Rex
Min Min

Attached: B6D28A15-8B7F-42D0-B6D6-BB6594DC14EC.gif (500x500, 425K)

If it's nintendo 1st party only:

>Porky Minch
>Mach Rider
>Ray 01
>Chorus Kids
>Andy

>1st party
>no Elma

Attached: 1461468613476.jpg (1024x576, 116K)

P-please don't laugh at my tiny dick, Elma

The X sub-series will never be represented in Smash with a playable character.
still hoping for a X2 reveal next year

God, I want to bleach Elma. Cutie brownie AND alien. What a mix.

Gosh she’s even more brown than Kat.

What would you actually be playing as though? Can't punch a ghost, and Sissel can't possess living beings. Maybe you'd play as a Sissel/Missile/Yomiel tagteam?

is this just the dragon quest 9 title screen?

they are, but not everyone wants to just play on battlefield/fd.

And that's a good thing

>a bunch of trash nobody cares about and bomberman

Dilate

Smashville variant for every stage when?

Honestly, I was thinking of a Sissel/Yomiel tag team with Sissel on his shoulder, though the announcer would just refer to the character as "Sissel". Your neutral special would then be responsible for switching who you control, one state is using ghost tricks, while the other is more physical. Final smash could totally be rewinding time.

>final smash turns back time to a few moments before anyone's last stock was taken

Attached: 1556184024151.jpg (580x554, 184K)

The comeback potential in a casual game.

Nah the long hair one is Android 17 fused with Future Trunks. But Chadrick is just straight up Chadhan

my point is that they're not using Erdrick skin

Holy based, all top tier choices

Isaac
Geno
Bomberman
Waluigi

Attached: IsaacPromo.jpg (250x286, 25K)

It's useful for keeping people in check, racking up a lot of damage fast (you don't even need to fully charge it all the time for that), and fully charged can let you go into dash attack. Not the best projectile by any means but it definitely has its uses, including gimping.

>Dragon Quest fans hates DQIII Hero-

Attached: heropoll.png (1195x184, 8K)

>doomguy
>sam gideon
>travis touchdown
>cuphead
>faith connors

no need to praise me, i already know my taste is godtier

Attached: blend_em.jpg (184x184, 12K)

While its main use is as an edgeguarding tool it can be an incredibly strong one. Some characters literally just lose when they go offstage for free since Ridley can just hold B for a second and they lose the ability to recovery.
It's uses on-stage are far fewer but it does have niche use on-stage, opponents who shield it might end up being open for a side+B, can sometimes chain it into dash attack too. I wouldnt call it a shitty projectile by any means its just not his main tool (Ridley isnt a projectile zoner, and instead his primary zoning tools are his down tilt and side tilt.

If it's more third-party stuff:

>Travis Touchdown
>Dante
>Ryu Hayabusa
>Jill Valentine/Leon S. Kennedy
>Doom Slayer

If it's first-party:

>Sylux
>Wonder Red
>Dixie Kong
>Saki Amamiya/Isa Jo
>Sami from Advance Wars

I would also like to throw Rayman in there as well but numerical constraints.

STOP FUCKING POSTING ABOUT A 2ND FIGHTER'S PASS

IT'S NOT HAPPENING HOLY SHIT

>that twisted hand
hurts to look at

I'll be using it, since DQIII is my favorite DQ game. Been wanting Erdrick or Slime in for a while now.

that's not twisted, you can literally do that one right now. you know what's actually twisted? Chrom's sword arm on certain animations

>all deconfirmed characters
Yeah sure mate

>>all deconfirmed characters
>source: my ass

Waluigi is an assist trophy, thus deconfirmed.
Isaac and Felix are spirits, thus deconfirmed.
Metroid Prime 4 is cancelled, and Retro Studios isn't going to put Sylux in their vision of Metroid Prime 4, thus deconfirmed.
Rex is a spirit, thus deconfirmed.
Min Min is a spirit, thus deconfirmed.

Isaac is an assist trophy too.

>Waluigi is an assist trophy, thus deconfirmed
Source my ass
>Isaac and Felix are spirits, thus deconfirmed
Source my ass
>MP4 is cancelled, thus deconfirmed
Source my ass
>Rex and Min Min are spirits, thus deconfirmed
Source my ass
Sakurai has NEVER come out and EXPLICITLY EXPLAINED that ATs, Spirits, or Cancelled Video Games will equal your character not being in Smash.

I don't know shit about Dragon Quest, can someone explain to me what the stage is supposed to be? In what DQ games does it appear?
They are legal in tournaments if both players agree to playing on them. Most of them just don't bother on reaching such agreement because it's more trouble than it's worth. There's also shit like Umbra Clock Tower, even in BF and Omega form the background is very distracting.

Attached: PajamaKlonoa.jpg (640x456, 52K)

>Metroid Prime 4 is cancelled, and Retro Studios isn't going to put Sylux in their vision of Metroid Prime 4, thus deconfirmed.
Wut?

so a new skin for fd. god of all the series to pick they went with this shit god damn

Sylux is purely Tanabe wank. Retro doesn't give a shit about Sylux and has no interest whatsoever in using him in any capacity, except maybe an off-hand reference or two.

DQXI, Yggdrasil's Altar

if you pay attention you see that platforms appear and disappear and it tilts as well. It's closer to Umbran Clock Tower

Why does this look like a better BotW stage than what BotW actually got?

Reimu
Thats all i need

Your taste is god tier

>Arle
>Adeleine
>Roll
>Ashley
>Nino

How did DQ even get so popular over there?
it's singlehandedly the reason nips love injecting rpg mechanics into everything

Well, little mac was an AT in Brawl and became a playable in 4. And DONT tell me its because Wii, the system was already capable of DLC.

most maps should be legal in BF or FD mode, but there's some, like the Game & Watch ones, where the characters are actually on a 2D plane instead of a 3D one. That results in some funky physics where spot dodges don't work for every character.

>didn't pan out well
>every pick had massive hype behind it
when it was announced, the expectations were very low because it was Nintendo picking the characters, not Sakurai.

You fucking wish.

BANNED.

>stage banned because the background is very distracting.
literately just dont look at it then

Any news on when he’s coming out?

Eggman
Travis Touchdown
Felix (Golden Sun)
Dante
Master Chief

if Any of those are in the current sub in:
Jill Valentine
Frank West

not an argument
even Street Fighter 5 banned a stage for having a distracting background

About to play the NES games in order. Anything I should know going into them?

Attached: 5464-21925.jpg (668x960, 197K)

Eggman in 5 different machines

Attached: He Smart.png (680x680, 126K)

should've gone for the remakes

My money's on July 5
It could have been next week, but they don't want to interfere with Mario Maker's release

based and c&fpilled

>Geno
>Klonoa
>Bravely rep
>Amaterasu
>Doomguy for the Doombros

I missed the fucking Link's Awakening event, is there any way I can get those spirits now, or is my perfect collection cucked for eternity?

they become part of the pool

All pools? Can I spam shuffles on the board?

Yeah I believe so.

>Background is distracting
Nigger the darker alt colors in Melee completely blend into the pitch black background of Battlefield yet it's the most popular stage

Attached: Tragic_Clawn.png (250x259, 55K)

>Another stage where scenery flies around in the background
Stop.

We actually don't know the full extent of the stage.

What makes you say that? I don't think any character was more wanted than Banjo at this point.

Please, people were predicting awful crap like Waluigi, Poochie, Sylux, Adeleine, Porky, and such. What we've got so far is absolutely fantastic compared to those four.

How many songs

Crash
Doomguy
Dante
Papyrus
Sora
Heihachi
Porky

two of those are the end of the current dlc

>it's a lot of the reason we didn't already have the orchestral tracks on PS4
No the reason is that DQ has always traditionally used midi or synth soundtracks even after it went CD quality audio, and only in the West is it expected due to DQ8 using the orchestral version of the music as part of its localization. Same with voice acting.
Quit spreading misinformation when you don't know anything.

Dante
Geno
Isaac
Rundas
Dixie Kong

Attached: 1551110690755.png (546x164, 12K)

But i didn't say that you mong. You can't play certain songs in smash due to retarded copyright shit, and it's easier to see on something like Ring Ding Dong because it's owned by avex.

I don't think he's afraid of other people, I think he's more disgusted by other people and or doesn't like them.

Eggman
Dark Matter
Geno
Porky
Karate Joe

sakurai literally said it wasnt

Issac
Elma
Saki
Ray
Space Firebird

Attached: 7f35581a9e577a75c330f12954c551a3.png (206x199, 25K)

What

Music and the players don't care about wasting 2 more seconds picking a stage.

Attached: fighterzpass.jpg (800x450, 40K)

Adeleine would be a great choice, though.

It has to do with counterpicking and some rule that each player gets to ban 2 stages. Having multiple fd and bf will make that irrelevent.

First party characters are not, and will never be great choices.

i love how out of all the games that are featured at evo, smash is the one game that has things precluded simply because of this copyright crap
yet every other game is "lol we only ban stages if they cause mechanical problems like lag or camouflage animations"
i mean to play the game in public without the context of journalism, review or any other fair use manner is already a violation of copyright which is the right of the owner to display and perform, and no, it's not transformative nor fair use to make it a stream

>too big
>lawsuitbait
>not a PS/AC stage
nah, it's gonna get b&
you're staying in Smashville forever

Madason sounds like a real hero name. Abel is just onions.

>Madason sounds like a real hero name.
>Abel is just onions.
Atleast Abel is a boys name.

They can be flagged for playing stages with music that tends to be flagged.

to be fair, most games don’t have that many different studios credited compared to Smash, either.

I just hope we get more music.
The DQ11 tracks are crusty.

Why can't you people understand that if a move can't constantly gimp and stomp enemies 100% of the time it's completely worthless for anything?

I didn't even realize there was a new stage, it looked like the shiekah tower

Not Wario who could literally use 2 meters.

Minimum 3 so far, probably more since none are original remixes.
>DQ3 Overture (London Orchestra)
>DQ3 Adventure (London Orchestra)
>DQXI Overture

I am sick and tired of anime sword people in Smash. If Nintendo is so hellbent on adding them, they should make their own separate game for it. Super Sword Bros.

meters are all samey except for Robin
fuck them giving Joker a meter when he never had one in his home games. Robin and Cloud have the best "meters" because they represent original game mechanics.

Any chance we might get more FF music from this?

Attached: silent wah.png (333x321, 137K)

I hope that’s omega so thus stage isnt just another flat stage that tilts or sometimes has platforms

you wish lmao

Attached: kingdom hearts.jpg (470x338, 35K)

>Felix instead of Isaac
My nigga. Felix is the real hero of that story.

Geno, Rayman, Professor Layton, Leon or Jill, Travis Touchdown

>NiGHTS
>Cooking Mama
>Spyro
>Vector the Crocodile
>Tomb Raider

Attached: Vector-team-chaotix-archie-17352306-300-362.jpg (300x362, 82K)

>edrok

Attached: 45C656E8-7AE6-4C4D-9D19-B9EF03AA6239.png (1136x1136, 86K)

Stanley from the Stanley parable
Steve
Labo man
Porky
Bandana dee

What a waste of a character.

Attached: 1543991382676.png (645x773, 11K)

>muh third-party HYPE!
Go fuck yourself. You and your entourage are what's killing Smash.

What a waste of a human being

fuck off you never played Smash to begin with

You're the one who wants shitty literal whos like fucking Waluigi and Poochie.

>wanting party game stages
Stop.

He doesn't have a "rebellion meter" or whatever Smash calls it in his game, but all Persona skills drain either his HP or SP, both of which ARE meters.

Attached: 1536160273583.gif (450x463, 979K)

HOES MAD

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-18 List of best-selling Japanese role-playing game franchises - Wikipedia.png (1342x108, 11K)

>wanting boring blocks of wood
Stop.

Porky
Edelgard
Gen 8 Pokemon
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong

guess you should put Mickey Mouse, Optimus Prime and Goku in there as well if money is what's important

>literally
>only
>2
>songs
Remind me why the contrarians of Yea Forums wanted fucking Dragon Quest in Smash again?

But neither of those are accurately represented by the Rebellion Gauge (dumb name).

I'd be interested if they could implement the HP drain from physical attacks into the game but that seems a little counter intuitive.

Competitive fags don't even want competitive stages, they'll just find some tiny excuse to hate it and then run back to Battlefield and PS2.

so we can play as DQ characters in Smash

Attached: Eight.png (2075x2050, 1.75M)

Gee, it's almost as if a Nintendo crossover is supposed to have NINTENDO characters. You're only proving my point. Skewed fan demand is turning my first Nintendo game into fucking MUGEN and it's deteriorating.

Attached: 11914721515.png (634x672, 204K)

Mickey Mouse is the only not video game character I would be 100% ok with.

>Waluigi
>literal who
He's in nearly every fucking Mario spin-off. Everyone's played some of these at one point. You gonna tell me Toad and King Boo are literal whos just because they're not playable in Smash, too?

Attached: 1553016417698.png (346x360, 52K)

Toad at least has a purpose unlike meme purple luigi :^)

call him King Mickey, now he's a video game character

Attached: king mickey.jpg (825x464, 71K)

Attached: strong bad smash 2.png (496x390, 86K)

Waluigi
Goombas/Koopalings
Zero (from MMZ)
Megaman.EXE
Abe from Oddworld

Kingdom hearts is like crayola scoot in the reason it wont be in smash
Crayola scoot may have characters who originated in a video game but they are still from a property known as crayola crayoons
Replace crayola scoot kid with sora/king mickey and crayola with disney
Same situation

>Also we probably won't see Banjo till October
True

Fuck that, but true.

This I never understood the phobia suffix, he just finds westerners disgusting.

Reimu
Agumon
Doomguy
Roll
And Geno cause his fans have had enough.

>Rex & Pyra
>Dixie Kong
>Impa
>Gardevoir
>Paper Mario

one one hand, I want the Geno costume to return with erdrick (please make the head a mask sakurai) so I can at least play pretend, but at the same time I don't because that's 2/7 more chances for my boy to make it. he's all that I want now.

>And Geno cause his fans have had enough.
Square hates you, there is never enough suffering.

>king k rool in
>ridley in
>fucking banjo and kazooie in
Imagine being a Geno fan, holy fuck.

Attached: I fucking wish.png (600x538, 196K)

May I also bring up DQ's legacy? Okay.

usgamer.net/articles/the-history-of-rpgs-how-dragon-quest-redefined-a-genre

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest

>The original Dragon Quest game is often cited as the first console RPG. GameSpot called the original Dragon Quest one of the fifteen most influential games of all time and the "most influential role-playing games of all time".

>Dragon Quest has become a cultural phenomenon in Japan.[140] According to Ryutaro Ichimura and Yuji Horii, Dragon Quest has become popular enough that it is used as a common topic for conversation in Japan,[141] and is considered by the Japanese gaming industry as Japan's national game.[109] William Cassidy of GameSpy claims that "the common wisdom is that if you ask someone from Japan to draw 'Slime,' he'll draw the onion-like shape of the weak enemies from the game."

>Dragon Quest also served as the inspiration for a live-action television drama. Yūsha Yoshihiko initially aired in July 2011, with a sequel series being produced and released the following year.[145] For its 2012 April Fool's Hoax, Google announced a "NES version" of its Google Maps service, which uses graphics and music licensed from Dragon Quest

>Dragon Quest's music has been influential on various sectors of the performing arts. It was the first video game series to receive live-action ballet adaptations,[150] and musical concerts and audio CDs were produced based on the Dragon Quest universe.[95] Since 1987, the series' music has been performed annually in concert halls throughout Japan.[8] Early Dragon Quest concerts inspired Nobuo Uematsu's compositions for the Final Fantasy series.

Get dunked on.

Attached: MV5BY2U4OWIwODctNjI3Mi00ZmQ5LWE0ZGMtOTFiZTkwZTNlODcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_.jpg (799x399, 59K)

Shantae
Knuckles
Byleth(Just to fuck with Smashfags)
Master Chief
Crash

>When Nintendo is responsible for the next big Marvel game and gets one of their characters in.

Attached: MUA3 Roster So Far.png (1598x895, 1.77M)

>WANNNHH MOMMY VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS AREN'T ALLOWED IN MY GAME ABOUT THE CELEBRATION OF VIDEO GAMES

imagine if Mario got in MUA3.

This really aged poorly.

Attached: 1554573063479.png (1281x924, 987K)

Are you legitimately retarded?

where are these screenshots coming from?

the majority of shit like that has aged poorly
>that never ever smash 64 edit where half of the characters got in
this however, has aged like fine wine

Attached: Banjo kills Steve.png (862x508, 119K)

Most games aren't a copyright nightmare like Smash

What stage does this even play on?

any stage with "other" music

>yet every other game is "lol we only ban stages if they cause mechanical problems like lag or camouflage animations"
No other game at evo bans stages at all

Fuck, it's just FD? I guess music copyright would have undone any legality but now I don't have a reason to play it with hazards off. Hopefully it's gimmick is fun.

>Should we include a 3rd party series with its roots in Nintendo and is popular
>Or this side character from Kirby or the final boss nobody really cares about from a Mario spinoff

not even the beach stage of sfv?

I always play training room in SF4 because the stages are ugly as hell

There's a number of things that aged badly.
Though I still get to laugh at the Shantae support.

Attached: 1450424426533.png (2400x1234, 1.74M)

Let's not pretend that we actually care about this character, shall we?

Looks like a soul caliber 2 stage. I like it.

he btfo sjws so hes based

It makes me feel good. I love all those characters.

Attached: 1555416101971.png (1381x1075, 3.2M)

Huh, look at that
I wouldn't thought Capcom wasn't so incompetent as to design stages that have to be banned considering the competitive scene is such a huge part of SF marketing

Attached: 1546464004735.png (839x178, 172K)

I care. His moveset looks a lot more interesting than Banjo's.

>Banjo, Kazooie, K. Rool, Bomberman, Isaac, and Shantae are all in SSBU
Wow

I'm sure a lot of Geno fans do. But damn. He feels like the final never-ever.

not only that, the white stage in kofxiii was also banned because it was blinding and hard to see what was happening
it was a boss stage anyway but still

>not being OK with Popeye and James Bond
They have far more relevance to Nintendo than Mickey Mouse does

Even Isaac knows it.

>roots with Nintendo and is popular
Both King Boo and Adeleine qualify for this, stop strawmanning.

Attached: 31891475.jpg (1252x1252, 201K)

Dragon Quest Music sounds exceptionally samey, but the trailer already features 3 songs. Nintendo paid out the ass for Dragon Quest compared to Final Fantasy, or me thinks Armor Project was just that much easier to work with than Final Fantasy's producers.

Any Mii related stage and the retro stagges.

The important thing is that wishes are coming true.

Attached: 1555360413058.jpg (601x601, 34K)

Neither of them have their own long running series, so no. They're just minor side characters that will get pushed aside for more attractive 3rd parties.

Adeleine is not popular anywhere but Yea Forums and jap twitter

Because of some small ass difference that "pro" players can't handle, like the stage being 1mm longer than Battlefield, or the Blast Zone being 1mm bigger than Battlefield. Basically, autism.

Let's not pretend that you are the only fan that matters, manchild

Attached: Erdrick2.png (217x217, 121K)

He says as much when his party joins with Felix after Jupiter Lighthouse. Nobody gives a shit though, least of all the Wise One, who gave half of the Golden Sun’s power to fucking Isaac instead of Felix.

Agreed. She would be perfect for SSB.

Attached: 1516342949416.png (600x700, 147K)

>these firstpartyfags wanting literal enemies as fighters
Move out the fucking way.

Attached: Paperchad.png (452x600, 247K)

user out of all the potential Mario characters the series has why would you go for King Boo
even Toad would have more to offer

Attached: pedapen-toads.png (900x600, 295K)

what the fuck is the wise one's problem

Midgar with the hazards on would be hype in tourneys but nobody does it

Attached: 9835793879670.jpg (395x218, 20K)

>Erdrick looks way better than the Luminary
Ok blindfag.

Most Kirby fans like Adeleine. Fans of the series in general know her and little kid fans know her from Star Allies.

There are better Kirby characters to choose.

Goku
Waluigi
Minecraft Steve
Etna from Disgaea
Bandana Dee

>2B
>Terry Bogard with female alt
>MK rep
>Master Chief
>Byleth

Attached: q9w8rr64553.jpg (540x563, 46K)

me on the left

Yes

Adeleine could actually be really cool. She works as a summoner character where she can paint all kinds of enemies and bosses from the Dark Matter Trilogy. Her strengths and weaknesses would make her pretty interesting to base a fighter on. She's pretty unique and she has a nice personality.
I don't get the King Boo thing as much though.

Incorrect

>Kirby fans pretending that other people know what the fuck they're talking about

Not him, but it seems like Luigi's Mansion is finally getting a push as a series in its own right with a remake and two sequels. I was actually surprised King Boo or E Gadd didn't show up as at least an AT.

>Paper Mario or Geno
>Skull Kid
>Porky
>Alucard
>Shovel Knight

Attached: 1557091168792.png (677x467, 479K)

I think Adeleine has the most potential to be unique and creative, and she contrasts the best with the main three out of any other Kirby friend. Magolor is my second choice since he's also pretty good, but not as unique.

Why do people keep asking for a Skullgirls-esque character that only fights by summoning a lot of OTHER characters? It'll NEVER HAPPEN

Attached: 21324182941.gif (276x305, 528K)

He’s an asshole that would’ve rather seen all of Weyard destroyed than trust humans with the power of alchemy. There’s no way he isn’t the real villain, but we’ll never know for sure.

MUGEN is great. Third parties >>> Nintendo refuse bin characters

>not knowing about what you're talking about
I never understood the need to do this. I never argued with people over characters or series I don't know about and care about.

Attached: 1560462633904.png (208x213, 15K)

This. K. Rool was a fucking mistake Master Chief would have been way more hype

Why are Kirbyfags so obnoxious?

He looks like he plays like a better Robin

>This one didn't seem like it panned out too well.
Why are rosterfags so fucking stupid?

Why do antifags call everything obnoxious when you yourselves are easily the most obnoxious? You never contribute anything to discussion, you just whine about other people's opinions and games you never played.

Attached: tumblr_nn9f0cQZOK1tu022ro4_1280.png (842x945, 628K)

If she gets in she'll just have slightly expanded version of her Star Allies moveset anyway.

He's what Robin should have been. But FE has awful magic compared to DQ. Glad we finally have a full fledged mage character.

this post is pure autism lmao

The extent that Smash would have to expand it would make even that pretty cool.

You can't even tell how annoying and autistic you are, can you? You genuinely think that people that like video games and discussing them are the problem, and that whining like a retarded child is cool.

I think it'd be a little underwhelming if the 2nd pass had Nintendo characters or indie characters to fill it out but I'd like it more desu.

>You can't even tell how annoying and autistic you are, can you?
You say this in a thread that got derailed over retarded bullshit. Are you legitimately autistic?

I would make the Second Fighter Pass so that it would take 5 assist trophy characters and turn them into actual fighters instead
>Alucard
>Shadow
>Bomberman
>Zero
>Krystal

Attached: 9827349827983472374.jpg (1440x900, 230K)

That's an awful idea.

Do you think there'll be another bonus DLC fighter

Attached: thinking about my shell of a life.png (400x298, 136K)

>People throw shit at people wanting 3rd Party characters.
>People shit on them back in response because of this.
>The one who threw the fucking stones in the first place get defensive despite being the instigators.

A summoner would be a lot of fun in Smash.

I'd buy it.

I was with you until you said Krystal

>shitflinging at all

It's honestly karma. People against 3rd parties for no real reason are retarded and deserve everything that's coming to them.

Adeleine and Porky would be great character inclusions. So would Skull Kid.

Shut up retard, go watch a Smash 4 Tourney and notice how they always mute out Cloud's victory theme. It's because of copyright.

You're joking, right?

This is literally what Joker is in his game, and Cloud also has access to a shit ton of summons.

Sakurai just couldn't figure out how to implement it

What the fuck are you talking about? Link to the posts if you have a response to someone.

You both have persecution complexes and don't try to deny it.

You mean a whole bunch of normals?

Not that she wouldn't be cool, but I think moveset wise there are Kirby characters I'd prefer.

No. I play video games and I know that thosr characters have a lot of potential.

>Sakurai just couldn't figure out how to implement it
no, he chose not to because a character that fights through other characters instead of fighting themselves isn't fun

>Shadow
>Zero
Fuck off

Not him, but name one thing wrong with Porky or Skull Kid.

For a summoner to work in Smash, they need to be able to summon things that won't tank the frame rate. So complex 3D models are out.

>That Daisy image
HA!

>adeleine memers shitting up a thread
typical

She would have to be a character where her paintings are basically traps that occupy small parts of a stage and does consistent attack patterns. Adeleine's thing of being frail was carried over to Star Allies and that would make a nice balance for Smash. You would have to play smart to be a good Adeleine. If they also added a gimmick of directly controlling her specials summons, that would be interesting.

the fucking angry bird?

Attached: 1377704526139.jpg (344x505, 50K)

What's wrong?

Bandwagon characters that retards flocked to because they seemed likely at the time. They're so off the radar for Smash that there's no point in talking about them.

Why can't we have all 3 in? All are good picks.

Adeleine and Skull Kid are great characters user

If you're autistic, maybe.

Source?

*AHEM-AHEM*
LISTEN UP, NEVER EVER NEVER EVER FAGS

Attached: never ever never evers.png (2432x2128, 1.36M)

That makes no sense. Why are you gatekeeping against potentially creative and fun characters just because nobody circlejerks over their popularity?

Attached: 1561064827456.png (297x419, 103K)

because shitty tribalist idiots populate this board

Attached: genothink.png (290x318, 26K)

I'm not the one gatekeeping them from the game. That honor goes to Sakurai and Nintendo. You can keep your circlejerk characters to yourself, thanks.

It's his time goddammit!

Attached: Klonoa_crying.jpg (500x308, 30K)

Mementos, Clock Tower, Mushroom Kingdom, Unova League, Green Greens, Warioware and many others are also legal but competitive fags are subhumans and ban those stages. It's a good thing that they don'r matter at all and you can just play with whatever you want with your friends.

Attached: 1530836502562.jpg (750x1000, 45K)

The shitty tribalist idiots were pushing Geno and Isaac, though. Thank God karma got them and completely destroyed their hopes.

If they were a part of your circlejerk you wouldnt be angry over people mentioning the characters they like. But you clearly don't know what that phrase means.

You're pushing shitty tribalism right now you fucking retard.

Attached: 1561130045800.png (444x287, 37K)

Imagine coming on Yea Forums while still having friends. Fuck off normalfag.

Attached: 1400092640567.jpg (500x500, 147K)

no chance

Attached: 60401745_p5.jpg (500x1009, 317K)

> Dr. Robotnik
> Dr. Wily Echo Fighter
> King Boo
> Porky
> Rudy The Clown

>Calling out braindead retards is pushing tribalism
lol?

I was mostly thinking that her smash attacks and specials would be very powerful, but also take time to execute, making her other normals be more "get away from me" attacks.
Her Neutral Special would summon standart Kirby mooks to give her time for her bigger moves,

>Seething circlejerking retard is upset people are bullying his circlejerk characters
it keeps happening

unfortunate taste, user.

Soulsfags have no right to talk.

Attached: Tales_of_Vesparia_Opening_Yuri_Lowell.gif (500x260, 991K)

You're "calling out" anonymous posts from the past and attaching them to your perception of an entire "fanbase" which is the epitomy of being a tribalistic retarded faggot.

You don't have to hide your power level on Yea Forums while revealing that you're even slightly right of centre could lead to several severed friendships nowadays.

>King Boo
>Adeleine
>popular in any fucking way at all

Attached: 1554166128802.png (335x393, 169K)

>Just think of the insanity once all of them are in AND playable.

I'm more annoyed that you get hostile over people bringing up characters that aren't a part of the predictable Yea Forums circlejerks.

I didn't join up with those retards, so my taste is the opposite of unfortunate.

Speculation for Smash 6 is gonna be really fucking weird

Attached: pac.jpg (1024x765, 118K)

They're popular among Mario and Kirby fans.
t. fan of both series

This is just FD. What a disappointment.

You seem pretty annoyed that people are getting tired of your circlejerk characters

You'll get your Lloyd costume again and that'll be it

I'm a fan of both series as well and you're delusional if you think King Boo even compares to characters like Toad or Waluigi or Adeleine compares to Bandana Dee or Marx

It's not hard to not talk about politics/lie about politics zoom-zoom

It's crazy how liberals claim to be the tolerant ones while literally ostracizing anyone that has views that are different from theirs, even if they are friends or family

>Quote

Attached: 1560893589665.png (250x250, 30K)

>tfw i just want dillon
Come on, goddamn it, you could just have Sakurai make some excuse that the fighter is a different Dillon since it has the DHB design.

Attached: poster.jpg (500x725, 125K)

Not at all. More people are familiar with King Boo's Mario Kart design and the only thing notable about Ado was fans noting her long absence.

>Majora's Mask and Mother 3 aren't popular games
holy shit Yea Forums

>political party built around dehumanizing and not caring about giant groups of people
>"lol we're accepting of you despite this :) let's pretend everything is normal haha"
Why would anyone act like this?

I think you're confused. Which characters are you saying you constsntly circle jerk over in your roster threads? The picks that are posted constantly and called "based" which is the Yea Forums equivalent of "upvoted"? Because to me that would be Doomguy, Reimu, Leon Kennedy, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Chosen Undead, etc.

Didn't even bother to read this post. Are you done sperging out?

They're still very popular and beloved characters.

Not really, see

Revenge for hiroshima

I don't go to roster threads. Those are containment threads. Not every Smash thread has to become a fucking roster circlejerk. Why not make a roster thread and leave, user?

This is going to age really badly when Geno gets added.

You read it you just can't think of a response and you're a dishonest, whiny child. Keep throwing your tantrum if you wish.

You'd be lucky to even get that.

Attached: Yuri_smug.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Attached: Dragon-Quest-Heroes-Message.jpg (783x437, 51K)

>Owning smash without anyone to play it with
What is the point? Online is dreadful and competitive fags are even worse

Since the first one is 3rd paty stuff, the 2nd would be unexpected 1st party stuff

>Waluigi
AT becomes a fighter
>Captain Syrup
Spirit becomes fighter
>Adeleine
Previously not in the game can get in too
>Porky
Comes back as a character AND as a boss (comes with adventure mode)
>Geno
to break the season pass own rules while "technically being both 1st party, 3rd party, not a main character, another squeenix guy and to destroy all deniers

I saw it. Yea Forums shitposting and autism doesn't undermine the fact that those characters and associated games are beloved by many.

>three Squeenix characters
doubt it

>You read it
?

You brought it up first user. If you truly want to stop circlejerking over your roster then stop replying to me.

considering Sakurai doesnt like to reveal info that suddenly and we got these photos just today, its safe to assume Brave will be released this next week then?

Then you're retarded. King Boo gets overshadowed by a ton of Mario characters. And Ado is only notably popular in places like Yea Forums, other Kirby characters overshadow her.

>only 50 votes

what a good census

photos have been out for longer than today

>You brought it up first user.
I didn't derail this thread over retarded roster circlejerk bullshit.

Don't Marx and Adeleine always generate more interest than Bandana Dee? I think he has his own Smash fanbase to himself, but more general Kirby fans tend to like the other characters more.

Firsties are hypocritical scum of the highest degree.

nah Souls actually has a good chance, the only other Bamco IP I can see getting in as a 2nd rep is Soul Calibur. Tales and Tekken will likely get the same mii costumes they had in 4

Yes you did and you're still doing it.

They had to make a separate "Skyward Sword save fix" channel because the Wii WASN'T capable of actual patches

Reimu in Smash depends on these factors
>Would Nintendo consider an indie
>Was the number of characters Nintendo proposed to Sakurai exceeding the number 5
I argue this because if Nintendo were to ever for an indie, it'd be Reimu (or at least, she'd be among they would consider)
>Last December, ZUN had officially given Nintendo a license, allowing Band Brothers players to upload music based on all Team Shanghai Alice albums, i.e. the PC-98 Touhou OST, and ZUN's music collections. They followed it up with a Shanghai Alice Remix Contest for players, with ZUN as a special judge. The winners were announced in the previous broadcast ZUN attended; their compositions will be collected in a CD sold at Reitaisai, marking Nintendo's first ever appearance at Reitaisai.

shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=19472.30
They've been to Reitaisai before so they are familiar with the character and if the pitched characters didn't meet the fixed, small amount of 5 than it'd mean there'd be room for consideration regarding Reimu.
She also meets the whole "appeal to a different demographic" argument Nintendo has though she's not the only one to carry said argument
>"With Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, we asked 'How could we reach people who had played Pokémon GO, for example, but never played Nintendo Switch?' With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, we asked 'How could we reach not only fans of the Super Smash Bros. series, but also those who had never played it before?' If you look at the demographics of the consumers who purchased each of these titles, I?m not convinced we?ve completely overcome these challenges yet. So our aims are to keep working on them this year, to expand sales of these titles to new consumer demographics, and to keep selling these games for a long time, which is one of our strengths."

gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/

Attached: reimoo.jpg (290x394, 32K)

>Don't Marx and Adeleine always generate more interest than Bandana Dee?
No. Bandana Dee and even Waddle Dee are always in the top. People love Dee.

I've almost thrown up playing on Bayonetta's stage.

???

Eh,not really, Waddle Dees have always been just behind Kirby in terms of appeal.
Marxfags only started showing up after he got revealed as DLC for Star Allies.

>Three
Luminary and...? Cloud was included in the base roster, so I wouldn't really count him. Remember that Sega already has three characters, one of which was included as DLC.

Ado was one of the most popular dream friends though. Most requested/anticipated and very well received. I think you're conflating hostile rosterfagging with genuine fans who don't pit everything against everything. Adeleine is an "unlikely" Smash pick so every mention of her gets shitposter here, but Kirby fans do love her.

Wasn't Sylux's ship at the end of MP3?

>And Ado is only notably popular in places like Yea Forums

Yes

Does this mean that a Smash tournament can stream on the Dragon Quest stage or not? I honestly feel a lot of this concern about copyrighted music is massively overblown speculation, we always played on Smash original, Kirby, Yoshi, Animal Crossing and Pokémon stages so there isn't any actual precedent to use as reference.

Why would they pick a 3rd SE for the Fighters Pass? It's incredibly unlikely because leakers with good ties with SE already leaked Hero.

Didn't a lot of anticipation come from the fact that HAL was dragging their feet on revealing her for Star Allies?

>says as Pokemon Stadium it's one if not the most played stage in tournaments

Soulcaliber, yes. Souls, no. Namco doesn't give a shit about putting Souls in crossovers. If your game didn't appear in Namco x Capcom or Project x Zone 1 or 2 then they ain't getting in Smash. And before you say "but Pac-man", Pac-man is in a league of his own.

Attached: ToV_-_Project_X_Zone_Yuri.jpg (565x640, 98K)

Tourneyfags are a bunch of bitches

Earthbound is a precedent

That and a lot of fans have wanted to see her make a return for a while.

Earthbound music can't be played in tournaments.

If anything another Namco character is more likely, seeing as how they only have one and they've helped make Smash games. Yoshimitsu would be cool, representing two different fighting games and having a crazy moveset potential.

Attached: yosSC1art6.jpg (512x756, 58K)

Aw come on there doesn't exist a Kirby character that isn't lovable and we all know Adeleine is a fan favorite.

Attached: 1558030746130.jpg (1423x2200, 429K)

I could see it, maybe Geno just as a final thank-you from Sakurai before he retires

Honestly I feel she wouldn't be as popular if she didn't drop off the face of the earth after 64.

I was aware of that but it does seem that people overblow this concern still, I have seen it applied to Mementos as well but Fatlus doesn't seem to be that kind of company.

It would either be Geno or Waluigi

Well she would have been one of the consistent main characters like Meta Knight if she didn't, so se would probably be even more popular.

>they weren't included in these crossovers so they won't be in this completely different one
what kind of arbitrary logic is that? Souls meets all the known criteria for Smash specifically, unless you want to argue over more imaginary rules

Pacman was in SF X Tekken.

Literally irrelevant since it's Nintendo picking.

Honestly, don't know how consistent she would have been.

Adeleine is very popular among Japanese fans. She was a main character in most of the classic Kirby manga and Kirby 64 is one of their top 3 Kirby games. She's even catching up in Smash Bros popularity. Ever since 2015 she's been placing in some of the bigger fan polls. Usually pretty low, but still being there at all is impressive.

"Fan favorite" as in "We love little girls".

I know these are real screenshots but doesn't something seem off about them? Like they could be fake?

If she didn't disappear she would have stayed a main character. That's what Shinichi Shimomura designed her as.

In terms of likelyhood I'd place her in third or fourth place among Kirby characters.

A regular dream team that need to happen.

Attached: 04639EC4-E44F-402D-96EC-2BE737DFB462.jpg (795x900, 171K)

I'd say about the same. Waddle Dee and Magolor seem a lot more likely. Adeleine is a pipe dream.

I think it's cool how she's gotten so good at painting her drawings actually become real. And it's cool how she likes to wander around and paint the various new places and characters she sees. She has an artists' perspective that seems very human and very grounded, and that's pretty unique for one of Kirby and Dedede's friends.

>Isaac
>Shovel Knight
>Alucard
>Shadow
>Zoroark

Assist Trophy/Spirit Pass

She'd be behind Bandana Dee, Waddle Dee, Marx, Magolor, Galacta Knight Echo, Dark Borb Echo and the three Mage sisters. Maybe Susie too.

>Souls meets all the known criteria for Smash specifically
And those are what exactly?

"why are there japanese characters in my japanese video games"

Nintendo is aware the Souls series exists.

>Both are related to dreams
>Both have names that begin with K
>Both fight by using enemies as ammo
I voted for Klonoa in the ballot, hopefully it amounts to something! We're still missing a Namco rep for DLC, I imagine Klonoa's up against Tales of, Tekken, and KOS-MOS. I just can't see Tales of happening after Hero's inclusion, there's far too much overlap and I doubt we'll get three JRPG shonen protagonists for DLC. Heihachi's voice actor is dead and he was already given a cameo in Pac-Man's taunt, and I can't imagine Jin getting in over him. Additionally, there's not much to do with Jin or Heihachi as far as moveset goes. The other contender is KOS-MOS, which I dunno... She's part of Xenosaga, which may be considered to be related to Xenoblade, in which case I can't imagine her getting in because the DLC fighters will presumably be from unrepresented franchises. Klonoa's biggest problem is that he's not popular or demanded as much as Banjo. Still crossing my fingers!

Attached: Klonoa 3.png (799x632, 170K)

It means that Namco doesn't want them in crossovers.

Nintendo is also aware that Tales exists.

What Namco wants doesn't mean shit. Nintendo is picking and Namco has no reason to deny Sakurai a character.

>Bandana Dee, Waddle Dee, Marx, Magolor
Fair enough.
>Galacta Knight Echo, Dark Borb Echo
Adeleine really wouldn't work as an echo, so I dunno why compare them
>Mage Sisters and Susie
Now that's just bait.

wow so both series meet the criteria for joining Smash
how unsurprising

>Now that's just bait.
Pretty sure Zan was placing pretty high in Japanese popularity polls last year + they are the focus of the last Kirby update. Susie has everything Ado has, except she wasn't forgotten for years and has a spirit in Smash.

>crash
>rayman
>saki amamiya
>geno
>doomguy
>eggman as a bonus

Attached: 1514679954812.jpg (615x593, 46K)

Sakurai was scrambling to add a Namco character before Miyamoto suggested Pacman, SNK and Tecmo are more likely at this point

>Susie has everything Ado has
She doesn't represent a key part of Kirby's history. Adeleine works as a representative of Shimomura games and she has a lot of character besides that. If any modern character worked as a representative of Kumazaki games it would be Magolor.

Attached: 1560389496837.jpg (375x375, 27K)

forgot to mention
>proto man as a bonus echo

It feels like the final never-ever because he is, and like every other never-ever he will get in, quite possibly as the very last character from the Fighter Pass.

>Sakurai was scrambling to add a Namco character before Miyamoto suggested Pacman
He really had that much trouble deciding on a Namco character?

Adeleine was already ranking higher on popularity polls than Galacta Knight in 2015. And that was when everyone thought she was dead forever. Just Waddle Dee and maybe Magolor depending on what aspect of the Kirby series outside the Sakurai bubble they want to pay tribute to.

>She doesn't represent a key part of Kirby's history.
100% irrelevant when it comes to roster selection.

Yeah, it kind of does. They could just want a different character and just simply decide to wrok with Nintendo on a different on. They don't HAVE to deny Nintendo any other characters because Nintendo isn't so inflexible that they could go with the numerous other popular Namco series. You are working under the assumption that Nintendo would ONLY want a Souls character.

Miyamoto suggested Pacman in Brawl and Sakurai told him to fuck off. Don't spread misinformation.

come to think of it, i wonder what happened to that ricardoposter who said that erdrick would be in but not banjo

Attached: 1540518907180.png (615x559, 121K)

So literally the only "criteria" is that Nintendo knows they exist? Because that applies to a bunch of Namco characters.

>Pretty sure Zan was placing pretty high in Japanese popularity polls last year
Really? From my experiance while liked the sisters were just sort of there.
>Susie
Susie game was also the mainline game right before Star Allies, which had a rep for every major Kirby game. She didn't have time to be forgotten. Also this through I'd argue Dark Matter would work better.

Not really, since it's all about fan service. That includes stages, music, spirits, and other little references. Adeleine is just a lot more significant to the series than Susie, and I like Susie.

HOES MAD
HOES MAD

>This is what zoomers actually believe

>You are working under the assumption that Nintendo would ONLY want a Souls character.
No. I'm working under the assumption that Nintendo has a lot of options and Namco doesn't have a reason to deny a Souls character if that's what Nintendo wants.

>Adeleine is just a lot more significant to the series than Susie
That's more of a testament as to how insignificant Susie is that one backing up Adeleine's significance.

>through I'd argue Dark Matter would work better.
Well, that depends. Adeleine was a character that was designed for being a positive foil to the Kirby cast and a consistent character in the world of Kirby. Dark Matter was designed as a villainous contrast to Kirby as a character, which I believe was really cool but done even better by Zero.

>Because that applies to a bunch of Namco characters.
oh wow Nintendo has a variety of Namco characters to pick from
how unsurprising

It's gonna be all fucky remixes and no original compositions by him for sure

Attached: kirby_is_bad_in_every_other_game_because_of_pennance_for_this_sin.gif (453x436, 285K)

Can't really argue with that. The Shimomura games may be fan favorites, but they're clearly the black sheep of the series. They were never really followed up or even payed homage until Kumazaki started refencing its characters.

They do, and they picked pic related.

Attached: Klonoa 4.jpg (900x900, 94K)

>Not really
How do you even think Smash characters are even think? Do you legitimately think Nintendo or Sakurai is going to look at a specific era of Kirby and think that it should be represented in Smash with a character? Susie isn't likely either. And neither is Ado. That's the point. Ado is low on the totem poll.

Sakurai is choosing the characters, literally said the Nintendo is choosing to get people off of his back and fucking Persona for sure is not a Nintendo pick
I just hope he doesn't pick some shit like Sans or Waluigi to end on

>ctrl+f kiryu
>0 results
what the fuck Yea Forums

>have a reason to deny a Souls character if that's what Nintendo wants.
I mean they do. They could just ya know, want to add any of the other characters they own. Like maybe they could want to add KOS-MOS because of her relationship to Xenoblade, or Klonoa because they still like to have him appear in stuff every now and again. Lloyd because he is a popular request, or Yuri because he is a generally more popular Tales character. Hell, maybe even Haken Browning to represent the Super Robot Wars series for Japanese fans. There are plenty or reason to not just go with a Souls character just because Nintendo asked for it. Any of the prior listed characters save maybe Haken would appeal more with Nintendo fans and fit in better with Smash. Particularly KOS-MOS because of her appearance in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

>Adeline was in one game as a boss then an NPC
>everyone thinks she deserves to be in Smash Bros
If all the memorable one-off Zelda characters are unfit for Smash, then the same logic applies to the loli.

>Still trying to claim Sakurai is picking
Why do people assume that Sakurai is lying?

>klonoafags
probably one of the most litteraly who choices you could've picked

>thinking the right wing dehumanizes and doesn't care about large groups of people
How's the kool-aid, libcuck? You guys are the ones looking down on the working class and progressively dehumanizing white people more and more.

Based

Attached: Klonoa5.jpg (1280x1229, 573K)

Legacy is always important.

>I mean they do.
Retard. Namco has no reason to deny Sakurai's collaboration request. Especially since Namco is involved with Smash already.

I think the impact Dark Matter had on the series, especially the whole 'orb with an eye' motif. Also it's Blade form would work better as a fighter than Zero.
But do we really have to fight on this? We all just want a Kirby Newcomer from a non-Sakurai game.

Listen, Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game, but I never understood Skull Kid as a pick. It feels so meeehhh. I'd fucking rather have the King of Hyrule over him. Skull Kid feels like such a "we ran out of characters" pick to me, I dunno, it never sat right with me.

>How do you even think Smash characters are even think?
No, to be honest I've never really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

Then why isn't Ado a spirit? If legacy is important, then fucking Gooey or Rick and friends are more likely.

Hey, she was also playable in the minigames.

It's humanly impossible to be ok with everything, even progressive people will have their limits with how much crap they can digest. The general idea isn't that you should be ok with everything and pretend that differences do not exist, but to work around them and not let said differences lead to the dehumanization of those involved (read: treating people like they are some I AM SILLY Ms paint comic character). Sadly, this mindset was lost with the rise of identity politics which is just tribal nigger logic

Anyways, not vidya so I won't reply further.

I'm not trying to fight about it, I think either character would be a lot of fun. I was just saying that which one is a better representative of the Shimomura games is a matter of perspective.

You mean jobhan?

Retard, they have reason to change his or Nintendo's mind though. I never said anything about denying him anything.

What?
Why?

>added in a playable format in a recent game
I swear, nobody remembers this. And for the record, characters have been added for less than Adeleine has gotten.

Attached: adoinhd.png (477x521, 325K)

>they have reason to change his or Nintendo's mind though
No, they don't. Why would they? Namco is pretty well behaved when it comes to Smash too, so why would they suddenly go full retard?

>Then why isn't Ado a spirit?
Beats me.

Earthbound copy rights are weird. Itoi needs to be listed out in the character copyrights too.

Adeleine was a main character in two games, not just one. Then in Star Allies she comes back, which bumps her up to three. Skull Kid is also fit for Smash, especially when most of the Zelda fighters are based on a different Zelda game now.

What other Kirby characters would you want user?
My most wanted are Magolor, Daroach, Adeleine, Dark Matter and Dark Meta Knight.

All Nintendo to some degree:
Spring Man
Lip
Takamaru
Ray Mk 2
Geno

A man can dream.

I wonder if she'll be featured in the next Kirby game.

>Namco is pretty well behaved when it comes to Smash too
The fuck are you talking about? The hell does "well behaved" even fucking mean? We have no idea how Namco and Nintendo discuss characters behind closed doors.

>so why would they suddenly go full retard?
Since when is doing buisness going full retard? Suggesting Sakurai or Nintendo goes with a different character isn't going full retard. Was it going full retard when Sakurai's team convinced him that Corrin would work out? Did anyone lose their job for daring to bite the hand that feed?

The next smash game should just be a small eshop spinoff where the assist trophies become playable.

Depends on if Dream Friends return or not.

I would love to see Adeleine, Magolor, Dark Matter, Daroach, Waddle Dee, Chef Kawasaki, or Gooey as playable characters.

>Adeleine was a main character in two games, not just one
She was a boss in Dream Land 3, not a main character. She wasn't even named Adeleine at the time. By that logic then freaking Pon and Con should be considered main characters.

>The fuck are you talking about?
Are you retarded? I mean that Namco doesn't push Sakurai to do things he doesn't want and let him have complete creative control. Keep on daydreaming about Namco going full retard for no reason because it makes you feel better about your character getting in.

That's not impressive at all.

So how they managed to do the snes classic and wiiuvc?

She was the boss of the penultimate world, and the focus of the credits was on her drawings/new friendship with the characters. It was an introductory roll, but a featured roll nonetheless. Much like Meta Knight in Kirby's Adventure, who was the boss of the penultimate world and had special focus on his Meta-Knights.

And all those Zelda characters were playable in Hyrule Warriors, but mentioning making Zant, Vaati, Ghirahim, etc playable in Smash brings out the mega-autists screeching about how nobody remembers them and they only appeared once therefore no and all sorts of other nonsense. Adeline is the same situation, therefore the same things apply.

>Waddle Dee
The rugular one or the bandana one?

I don't think so either, but it's a good amount too.

Easily. It just has a few extra steps involved, but it's easy to get permission from Itoi and shit. Sucks about the music but its not like Earthbound stages were tournament legal and most people don't use Omega and battlefield forms.

But contrary to Meta Knight, Adeleine hasn't had major playable roles and has only appeared in a grand total of three games, with only one of those being a significant playable role (and even then she had to be added as free DLC, not even in the base game). Comparing Adeleine with Meta Knight is like comparing day and night.