Now that the dust has settled...

Now that the dust has settled, was Steve the biggest collective misperception of a character's chances in the history of Smash? Even characters like Rex weren't seen as inevitable to such a big extent and for such a long time. How did this happen?

Attached: 1560238435958.png (594x523, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ub46uT3VN1c
files.catbox.moe/1nymwl.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=ale0wleIW2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do people actually care about this stuff?
I thought it was all one big joke.

I wish I could murder every retarded smashposter irl

The answer is very simple

Vergeben never ever said Minecraft was getting a playable character in Smash, just content. Another Gamefags such as Hitagi misinterpreted this claim as well and now they've been exposed by Banjo's reveal.

Who thought he had any fucking chance?

His time will come too.

It was mostly shitposting right? No notable leaker said he was in.

Stevefags have made such a fuss about it that I wouldn’t be surprised if Nintendo is considering him for the next battle-pass. I don’t see the steve-posting stopping anytime soon, do you?

Outside of Yea Forums? Nah. StevePosting became mainstream during E3

>implying there's going to be a second battlepass

this fucking cope
there's no other season pass, he's out

it's almost as if those goofy pastas and videos of steve raping characters was just shitposting

This shitposting only gained traction in the first place because Steve was perceived as likely.

Well yeah it was totally possible especially since a microsoft character did happen in the end. There was no telling how likely these characters were over eachother since we only had Joker to base off of what to expect from the fighter pass

Only by morons

>next battle pass
There won’t be a “next battle pass” you stupid Zoomer. Steve is never getting in.

It has to be a joke. They never used any in game pictures---only those creepy smug DreamWorks face abominations when posting about him.

Attached: 1550631511432.png (1478x831, 754K)

By the end of it they'd gone so far with it that they became serious about it themselves. They had a Stevefag discord, that speaks enough in itself.
youtube.com/watch?v=ub46uT3VN1c

>implying he's not getting in
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 3ea.png (680x680, 264K)

Attached: Stevefag.png (640x480, 197K)

this, it's a barneyfag syndrome
you should never go too deep with your shitposting

this doesn't sound very serious

files.catbox.moe/1nymwl.mp4

Attached: 1560038497297.png (2048x2048, 1.61M)

I don't know about that but refusteves are the most BTFO group of people in the boards history.
Imagine dedicating 8 months of your precious time on this earth (ROUGHLY 5840 HOURS) to shitposting.

Only for the boomer bear to get in anyway.

It's pretty clear from their lingering salt in every Smash and Banjo thread that the feel as BTFO as they are. I'd be salty as hell if I got rekt that badly too.

Attached: 1428519997864-1.jpg (640x480, 43K)

>someone actually took the time to animate this

we need nukes, now

oh my god

Grinchfags got BTFO even harder and were much bigger in size.

Kino

Ahahahaha, you wish stevie.

The input of what Stevefags and Grinchfags put into it combined with the output of what they got makes it clear as day
>Stevefags: Just short of a year of time investment, complete and utter failure in their goals. Yea Forums was mocking them so hard it slowed down the site.
>Grinchfags: One week of investment, still got 2 of their characters, including the one that drew most people into the leak in the first place (banjo and kazooie).

Fuck sake Gematsufags got BTFO'd harder than grinchies

Attached: 1356822140754.gif (333x194, 1.78M)

Attached: banjosays.png (606x82, 30K)

steveposting was pretty fun and left it's mark with kino like and the good morning pasta that lives on without him. Smash needed a good villain that would lose after what happened with incineroar

If you act like idiots for long enough (for example, 8 to 10 months) eventually you're going to be co-opted by real idiots who think they're in good company.

youtube.com/watch?v=ale0wleIW2k

>Vergeben never ever said Minecraft was getting a playable character in Smash
Vergeben is just a complete liar who backtracks on everything

people got preferences man

>I prefer literally six rectangles to any actual characters
ahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA

Attached: 1422333775466.jpg (800x600, 264K)

>anyone who disagrees must be a stevefag
He's probably the worst character that had a chance of being in.
I don't particularly care about Banjo either, but there were probably only like a dozen stevefags while half this board was filled with delusional grinchfags.

Now Doomguy, that's a real character.

So is Master Chief now the one barrier between Steve and Smash 6?

Would be pretty neat to have more minimalist characters and see how that effects things. Having a unique framework can help a character's slashing or punching moves be more special than they would otherwise be like how Donkey kong mainly just punches but being an ape with tree trunk arms sets him apart

Do people even care about or play Smash? Most of Yea Forums just seems like it's rosterfagging.

Attached: 1428003450708-2.jpg (222x227, 7K)

Attached: 1560428339456m.jpg (299x1024, 50K)

>everyones humour is "being dumb on purpose lol" and haha funny scream :)
This is just newfag shits who think they're funny.

>They had a Stevefag discord, that speaks enough in itself.
Again, this is just shitposting and people talking about their shitposting.

This entire retarded fucking shitpost culture went too deep the moment it stopped being an in the moment funny thing and started being I WANT TO MAKE THE NEXT MEME HAHA

Banjo was the underdog, it took Sakurai being based as fuck to get him in. Of course, the Banjo fanbase reacted with continuing to shitpost anyway

Attached: 1560539988168.png (468x529, 441K)

I don't get it man, I know you haven't been trying to hide it but you've been at this for quite a while too and i just want to know why

how would he even fight?
build stuff? change the stage?

Master Chief
BattleToads
Ori
Joanna Dark
Marcus Fenix
Blinx
A Crackdown Agent

I'll support all these MS characters if they prevent Steve from getting in.

>the shitpost coordination discord was literally called cult of steve
>they tried to associate steve with random characters he had no relation with to try to keep the meme alive and literally no one cared, just even more reposting of the same copypastas but with a couple nouns changed

>next battlepass
>m-muh next smash

I don't even keep up with minecraft yet know from all the shitposting that steve hasnt been the default mc skin in a long time and doesnt even show up in promo material anymore. He's gone because he is associated with notch and what's also gone is his chances.

So this is what you faggots are like in real life. Just needed a few more sois and cucks said.

Steveposters are the hero we needed to fight back against rosterfags

bless you stevechads

>Casually saying "this is cringe"
>"Oh wow, based, they put another anime swordsman"
>"I saw a Jiggy sighs*"
>"Why the fuck did they put Banjo?"
>Some spic angrily spouting out shit
Yeah, sure

>Mild Monster
>1 week ago
>>this is how the majority of Yea Forums posters sound and act outside of Yea Forums
>Zoomers are subhuman

Nigger you can’t seriously think Yea Forums is the only place that wants steve.

>Saying Yea Forums terms out loud
>They're actually pronouncing these words
>You share this board with people like them
Hold me

Attached: 1542604753047.jpg (1010x897, 68K)

You retards wrote Banjofags a blank check to be smug as fuck until the end of time

Im just cashing it in

Attached: 1424322860822-1.jpg (345x383, 47K)

It was a joke and thankfully it's finally all over now. You still have a few people with no sense of humor like who think they will get replies but no one is actually upset that Steve didn't get in Smash, everyone knows he's never getting in, that's the joke.

Why lie?

Stevekids literally just want to be a part of something and say that they were there.

Um... sweeetie? The adults are talking. This isn’t the shitposting thread.

imagine how mad you had to be about banjo to make this

There was a point where you used to get that from just being here. Now there's too many people and too many of them are abrasive for the sake of it.

user, just because you haven’t heard from them in a while doesn’t mean they’ve stopped.

Attached: F52E0E5F-1B68-48EE-9DEE-87F2C2A29A0C.png (960x960, 868K)

You literally only needed to read through one stevespam thread to end up with an encyclopedia's worth of information on minecraft.

He'd have the most cancerous playstyle of all time
>Build waist high block
>Opponent now goes from 20 options to just two: break the block or jump over it
>If they try and break the block Steve can just use the bow and arrow that he'd inevitably have to hit them as they try
>If they try to jump over Steve would be able to get an easy up-tilt/smash/air absolutely uncontested
>Also wall combos which tourneyfags ban wall stages entirely just to avoid because they're so fucking annoying and low skill
Steve in Smash would make every other character look honest and skillfull by comparison

Attached: 1428000272287-1.png (188x190, 53K)

Why did someone create this unholy abomination?

Attached: 1554395745639.png (359x420, 132K)

I actually wanted both but didn't think we were getting either which i'm glad I was wrong on. I'm actually genuinely curious why since from what i've seen the times i popped in those months before e3 you were always there with the same posts, personally it weren't for the oc i wouldn't have had any fun dicking around in those threads for as long as i did

>s-samefag

Attached: 1365139543062.png (509x572, 49K)

holy fuck I want to play him online on my wi-fi connection

Among the shitposters you had faggot youtubers jump the bandwagon of “DURR MINECRAFT CONTENT” and made it their crucifix of what the Microsoft relationship would be because of the fucking relevancy argument that people still haven’t learned from

What pisses me off is that even with Banjo, people are STILL using it for the last 2 DLC

You do realize that no one actually wanted Steve in Smash, and that it was just ironic shitposting to trigger Banjo fans, right?

it's too late to be dismissive now boy don't think I didn't see you post in every banjo/steve thread with smug image followed by guy eating off fork

Grinch.
spbp

along with isaac waluigi ashley and shantae, huh?

>S-SAMEFAG

Attached: 1519268467863.gif (800x430, 564K)

Masterpiece

Did the faggot that made this just assume Banjo can’t do anything without Kazooie, cause that’s wrong

I want ANSWERS boy i'm being serious i'm genuinely curious. I've always just found it so bizarre that something as dumb as steveposting brought out such dedication and from what seems like genuine hatred to counter a dumb troll face. I figured it was just tourists from smashboards and twitter that just didn't know any better but I don't know anymore

>stevefags still trying
Enjoy the inevitable mii costume.

Attached: >stevefags.jpg (2047x1303, 2.01M)

Halo's one of those properties that's really famous in the west but basically a non-entity in the east.

People say that Banjo blows the door open for all kinds of western characters, but the truth is Banjo-Kazooie has always had a sizable following in Japan. It wasn't as big as Crash was, but it still did much better there than shit like Rayman, Halo, DOOM, etc.

As far as western IPs are concerned, they like Minecraft and have nostalgic affection towards Banjo and Crash, but that's basically it. I don't see them ever adding third parties with minimal presence in Japan, like Master Chief or Rayman.

Attached: platformersalesinjapan.png (1874x649, 108K)

Ehehehehehe

I hope we don’t get any Minecraft content at all so Verge gets blown the fuck out

Tell me sorcerer what is your fucking origin story

Nah. If they'll ever add anyone from Minecraft, then it will be Creeper.

Damn smash has melted your brain.

Now that the dust has settled, banjo still has no games.