What do you like about Steam?

What do you like about Steam?

Attached: GabeN.jpg (3328x4992, 767K)

mommy

I like that it's run by VALVe, the company that brought us Half-Life, the best game ever made.

Good prices

As a huemonkey I can buy games through billing, this way I don't have to get an international card.

Dark theme by default

- The massive library of games, old and new
- The big sales that allows anyone to try any games
- The very quick and easy refund system

- All the social systems, such as friend lists, communities and curators
- The achievments and trading cards
- The marketplace (this could be improved though but it works very well for what it is)
- The workshop system which allows you to download mods very easily with one simple click

- The stability and longevity, it has remained for years and will continue to do so
- The customer-oriented development such as Linux support and (formerly) Bitcoin payment method

Not needing 8 billion launchers.
The ability for good indie games to be easily found, especially since western AAA devs have basically shit the bed and show no signs of cleaning it up anytime soon.

Convenience really... Literally, with PC gaming it was more convenient to pirate but with steam's distribution and client it's more convenient to buy now than hunt down patches and DLCs for pirated copies.

I don't even buy games full price because who the fuck plays games on release?

Pretty much all of it really, I especially appreciate the cloud saving though as someone with 3 desktops and a laptop. Their refund system is also very generous and I’ve never had an issue with it.

>what do you like about your fridge?
gee user I wonder

Poorfag friendly, regional pricing and not needing to pay extra fees for the transaction is great. Also selling cards.

Steam Input API and Steamplay

Hentai Games, god bless.

Sales
Good library/catalog
Steam Workshop for mods
Friends/Community/Group - good social structure
Refunds - I refunded two games recently in a row, first time I used it and 10/10 service. Would hate to have gotten stuck on a 60 buck loss on games I wouldn't even play.

>not needing to pay extra fees for the transaction is great
ding ding ding. what's the point of buying a game on g2a with the added ''''taxes'''' when you can just wait for steam sales?

Nothing, but they got a monopoly on digital PC game distribution first so everyone's fine with it

>Tons of games stretching back to old DOS era
>Sales very regularly
>Many options to socialize on the platform with user forums, communities and friends lists
>Reviews let me see if a game is decent and see what people think

You’re gonna have to try harder than that, Ming

Attached: 77497706-FD2A-4470-A784-E34EFA7ABF89.jpg (910x752, 357K)

That basic Steam-DRM is easy to crack at this point, so games become available very soon after release. Other than that, it's fucking cancer.

Epic post my fellow kid

they also generate steam keys for the competition and said competition sometimes even sells cheaper

steam doesn't deserve half the hate it does

They seem to be the most customer-oriented company considering how many projects they've created/supported which benefit customers(controller support, Linux support, VR, etc.)
Steam sales are also nice events.

>t. Tim Sweeney

I hate steam, it's just a game rental service disguised as a store. I just buy from there because I find Gabe sexually attractive.

fuck off Tim

0,01$ have been deposited in your account.

-Lord Gaben

This and the fact that valves always ahead of competition when it comes to updates
+ separation between library, steam forum bans, steam game bans and steam vac bans.
+ I like how hands off valve are in moderation in all their games so I like supporting them because they're literally the only company left who isn't going around censoring what people say in game

well tim i like that i can buy more than one game at a time because steam, like the rest of the internet, has a shopping cart.

Without Valve popularizing game sales you probably wouldn't have PSN sales or third party websites selling games on discounts regularly.

Not to mention sales benefit both the consumer AND developer, a year after release selling 100k copies at 20$ is better than selling 10k at 60, everyone benefits, literally everyone.

You may hate steam for other reasons, and that is up to you, but if you're on Epic's ''side'' you are literally retarded, goes for both consumers and developers.

t. convinced pirate who now buys games exclusively on sale

Attached: 1388674548297.jpg (1440x1280, 449K)

good prices
not SJW's but not /pol/fags either
good UI
has everything (guides, workshops, news section, etc etc)
huge library of games since the early 2000's
I have all my games there

It's established and homegrown. I use it because it's natural to do so, not because I am forced to. Other services suck ass and are just pay walls to the one or two games I may want to play. So I begrudgingly put up with them and end up liking them less.