I just finished The Witcher 3

I just finished The Witcher 3

What now

Attached: 20190619135030_1.jpg (1920x1080, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I_KLAPNgX6U
nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/822/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/365/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3522
youtube.com/watch?v=6Eqw04fdsg4
youtube.com/watch?v=NknjE2SBPxw&t=1m4s
youtu.be/LWS5xDEJsq8
youtube.com/watch?v=Nye44KnLIXQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_a'_Bhàta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

new game+

buy a new game and finish then repeat the process until you die.

Play something good as a palate cleanser.

on death march difficulty?

No, the one before. But it was piss easy and so would have been DM, I'd just kill everything in 2 hits instead of one.

Attached: 20190607142141_1.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

>finish a great game / anime / book / manga / movie / serie ...
>depress
>repeat

Attached: 015462.jpg (354x292, 54K)

well then stop being a faggot and finish it on death march

Hopefully you didn't play it on a console and ruined the experience

I played it on PC but I don't get it, it's a console port anyway, what would that change

Attached: 20180928171130_1.jpg (1920x1080, 361K)

Dilation

Move on to the next game user.

I regret crafting all the grandmaster armors. Spent 100k on that shit just to have to craft the legendary versions in NG+. Should have kept the gold.

DM isn't much better. Things just drag more.

play something good

It's not a console port you dumbfuck
Do you even know what a console port means

play an actual game

I got bored of "just equip anything with +attack in every slot" and tried to make a Ursine/Adrenaline build.
But it turns out it's exactly the same gameplay as before, except i'm now slow and deal less damage. Also it's impossible to hit anything with Rend.
Am I missing something here?

>UI designed for consoles
>quest and gameplay design 100% designed for consoles
jaja, it doesn't matter on what platform they made it first, you follow compass markers and red trails in an empty open world, it's a console game

>Am I missing something here?
yeah CDPR can't into game design. just enjoy the character's storylines and then forget you ever played this overrated tripe

wait for cyberpunk

Don't play an rpg after it because it will be overshadowed by the memory of w3.
Play something simi or mechanics focused.

>rpg will be overshadowed by an action adventure game
?

Ah, you're that guy, I see here is where you spend your time between cyberpunk games.
I hope you're able to have a nice day then.

what an odd post

beaner

Highly recommend Kingdom Come Deliverance.

I'm welsh you dirty mutt

this

play something not shit

>It's not a console port
>Looks like console
>Plays like console
>Has console UI
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 20900_screenshots_2013-02-19_00005.jpg (1920x1080, 441K)

should I play this on my gtx980 or wait until I make an upgrade and play it on all ultra? this is actually pretty conflicting for me. are they even done patching/releasing DLC?

BTW I hated Witcher 3 but this one actually seems like a good RPG

Based W1 loving patrician.

Daily reminder W3 has more horrible aspects than good aspects and no matter how hard you slam your head against the keyboard you will never stop the waves of criticism this game receives even on mucky websites like r*ddit

Have you tried the Gothic series?

Either replay with Enhanced Edition mod, making it Dark Souls. Or go play other games, might and magic dark Messiah, deus ex goty, Jagged Alliance 2, System Shock, or if you haven't played first 2 games play them

>are they even done patching/releasing DLC

you wont reach 60 fps with a 980 on ultra, and a royal edition with all dlc came out so I think so

I finished the first Witcher yesterday and was left with a great sense of having experienced something truly amazing. Especially the twist at the very end about Alvin was one of the best I have seen in gaming. Looking forward to starting the second game today, anything I should know beforehand?

w1 inventory is fucking orgasmic

Watch youtube.com/watch?v=I_KLAPNgX6U

Get Combat rebalanced mod.
nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/822/?

I haven't started Witcher 3 yet, but I read there is a mod by one of the senior developers of the game - immersion and gameplay tweaks. How mandatory is that mod and is the game fine without it?

That you will have to play through it twice because of content locked behind choices.

I'm OP. Clearly, TW3's only positive points are the writing and music. Graphics and atmosphere are nice but not amazing. Gameplay is mediocre.

But I find it amazing that the storytelling is so good, it manages to carry the game by itself.

Attached: 20190605211505_1.jpg (1920x1080, 561K)

>Daily reminder W3 has more horrible aspects than good aspects
All Witcher games do. They are all carried by SOUL alone.

get the dlc
or new game+ with mods
or if you liked gwent get thronebreaker because the story is great

You can play without it, but strongly recommended, get Friendly HUD as well if you're getting the first one. nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/365/?

Or for completely new experience with hard hitting enemies and strategic gameplay get Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition mod, it includes the first 2 mods. nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3522

Pick the elf route, it’s much better and has more wenches to fuck

You're forgetting the world and ambient stuff. It's not dynamic, but it's very good.

Gameplay can be fixed with mods.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Eqw04fdsg4

If you like realism and have some patience you could try kingdom come deliverance. It was a great experience for me, but I was biased wanting to explore some kind of faint resembles of my heritage.

> Elves
Better EVER

The OST is god tier too man

I unironically hate that this emoji in thumbnails still makes me chuckle

The characters you meet on that route are better, relevance to the entire plot is better and you’ll miss out on a huge reveal by going the other route.

Literally anything? It's a decent game but shouldn't have much of an impact.
Why even ask that? Death March is a fucking joke, you might as well play on easy, no challenge either way.

The OST is fucking boring. It's just a lot of violin and garbled moaning. It's minimal effort and all but creatively bankrupt, but orchestral fake music is stupidly easy to sell to gamers.

"What are some palate cleanser games" or "rebound games" would be a good thread to make.

Play Blood & Wine. NOW!

only first witcher has soul tho

The Witcher 4

Cringe, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about

Take a break.
Witcher 3 is literally the best game ever made and nothing really gets close, except RDR2.

>tho
What would a nigger know about soul

Now you are just baiting

Huh, the OST was gretty good, but it has absolutely nothing on TW1 OST. Except for TW1 main theme, that is reused up the ass, especially in Kaer Morhen and in B&W.

I tip my fedora to the Skellige theme though. This shit gave me Heroes of Might & Magic IV feels.
youtube.com/watch?v=NknjE2SBPxw&t=1m4s

both DLCs are like a full game so play those

Nigger that pic is literally B&W. Also I prefered Hearts of Stone, because it was nothing but story goodness without "le open world" filler repetitive padding

Did you do the DLC as well?

>This shit gave me Heroes of Might & Magic IV feels.
Yeah but I cringed at the people saying it was stolen from HoMM. That song is older than video games themselves

Do you also tell people who say they beat Diablo 2 to buy Lord of Destruction?

Witcher 3 has the best DLC ever made and that is a fact
youtu.be/LWS5xDEJsq8

Other people got HoMM vibes from it as well? Glad I'm not the only one. But what song is this then? I thought it was an original.

Skellige has great music but my favorite track is not even on the soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nye44KnLIXQ
People who say this OST sucks just can't be taken seriously

I liked hearts of stone better because it had amazing writing and the best quests, but it's impressive they made a completely new world with even better graphics in blood and wine

SHIT, YOU STINK

It's this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_a'_Bhàta
There was a game before HoMM4 that had a version of it as well but I forgot the name. I think it was a strategy game too

I'll never understand why people object to UI actually taking a lot of space if it conveys a lot of information. Even improved inventory in W3 wasn't as good as W1's.

Attached: w1-3_inventory-comparison.jpg (1280x2197, 679K)

It must suck to have enhanced smell when you live in a medieval world where everything smells like shit

Attached: 9E7390E7-D062-4A84-B3B2-2255E5AFD6A6.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

I really hated the end of B&W. It's so stupid to gate 2 different, equally interesting paths. It's either meet the cool ass mathusalem vampire or go to the silliest quest in the game.

Also, the fairy tale world really has no business being in the main quest. It feels like a joke sidequest inside a super serious epic drama.

Attached: 20190622235618_1.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

>choices in a RPG is bad
How so?

>Taking a lot of space
What do you mean? W1 takes half the screen whereas 2 and 2 literally are an entire screen of their own

I'm playing Witcher 3 right now after dropping it 4 years ago. I like the story and presentation of the world, but the actual game part feels almost like an afterthought.

The Open World, Combat, RPG elements; they more just feel like glue for the characters and setting. There's technically a lot of gameplay, but it just sort of comes off as filler, like it's done more out of obligation.

Attached: 1550494786551.jpg (800x662, 85K)

Attached: 1556362538899.jpg (5120x2880, 2.02M)

Attached: 40FA91BB-34F4-4B50-9BA1-DA35F3A21185.jpg (1920x1080, 307K)

I still can't believe they shipped Witcher 3 without an actual storage

>But I find it amazing that the storytelling is so good, it manages to carry the game by itself
What? There's some good sequences in TW3 and a number of really well written side-quests, but as for the main narrative it's above average storytelling (for video games) at best.

The main antagonist(s) are both poorly and underwritten, and generic as all shit (they are far from that in the novels, TW1 & TW2). The White Frost is treated as just, "end of the world" generic shit. The second act is weak & the third act is an absolute clusterfuck narratively. The entire game has terrible structure/pacing, some of this is due to poor writing but a good portion of it is just because of the open world. Not to mention the various other characters, along with The Wild Hunt, that got wrote into the shit-corner: Emhyr, Fringilla, Margerita, Letho, Zoltan, Dijkstra, Roche/Ves, Radovid etc.

I still don't understand why people seem to froth over The Witcher 3's writing & narrative. Like it's fine, even pretty good relative to the majority of video games, but it's really not that great in general. Atmosphere/Music and side-quests (there's far more well written side-quests than main quests in TW3) carry the game far, far harder than the main narrative.

>reddit

Wait lmao are you telling me Witcher 3 inventory was better before and they downgraded it?
It had a neat little grid, when now it's an incoherent mess, and when trying to sell things you must carefully do it one by one because you never know where the fuck the cursor will go next

One of the best written games ever made

This series always had terrible menus

fap to brothel mods?

The main antagonist isn't the center of the world. The whole "looking for Ciri" was great because of the mystery surrounding it, and the reveals come regularly and are great. The sub-story of the baron and the crones was fantastic and unsettling. Although I didn't care much for the "Novigrad and witches" shit. The Skellige monarch struggle was okay but not very surprising (I find it strange that this wasn't part of the main quest. The search for Ciri in Skellige was very short compared to the others).

And they both DLC stories are fucking masterpiecies, especially Hearts of Stone.

it was definitely better to find the potion you needed to drink before the B&W patch

Attached: witcher3 2019-06-23 13-50-35-40.jpg (3840x2160, 1.44M)

Completely obsessed

I see quite a lot of people didn’t like Novigrad. But I loved the arc as being inside the city walls was in stark contrast to the monster infested wilds. I loved it in the first Witcher too.

The center of the world? What are you talking about?

Also, literally everything you just mentioned happened in the first act, which IS undoubtedly the best written act of the game. Even then, the first act is still awkwardly paced/structured. Are you just selectively remembering the best bits of the narrative? Because there's two entire acts that follow, both of which are much weaker, with the third in particular being a complete mess.

no go play a game that is actually good and dosen't practically play itself while letting it's high production values hide its lack of gameplay

>Wait lmao are you telling me Witcher 3 inventory was better before and they downgraded it?

It wasn't. Clear visual separation works better. Also less categories to switch overall.

Like what?

You're the one saying TW3 story was mediocre because the antagonist wasn't cool enough. Which is true, the wild hunt king doesn't have mcuh exposition, you just kill a nobody. Which is why act 2 and 3 aren't as good as the first. They are also like a 10th of its lenght, so yes, of course I remember the longuer, better bits of act 1. I don't see how it's a mess though, feels more like an epilogue. You found Ciri, so now you go kill the bad guy, the end.

Also, the actual epilogues (for the main game and DLCs) are true masterpieces. It doesn't just end at "well you killed the bad guy gj bye". Especially in B&W. Really loved how you can push the investigation to an end even after the whole affair is over for a final twist reveal.