When did you realize that ePSXe is still a good emu?

When did you realize that ePSXe is still a good emu?

Attached: Untitled.png (575x400, 81K)

It's trash.

I'd rather play PS1 games on my PSP anyhow

>FF7 chugs like your mother on a Friday night
>good emu
jej

PS1 has literally no games that I would be interested in. None. Comparatively:

SNES:
>Super Mario World
>Star Fox
>F-Zero
>Super Metroid
>Street Fighter II
>Donkey Kong Country
>Mortal Kombat / Mortal Kombat II
>Zelda: Link to the Past (never played it but people rave about it)

Mega Drive:
>Sonic the Hedgehog
>Sonic the Hedgehog 2
>Sonic the Hedgehog 3
>Sonic & Knuckles

N64:
>The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
>The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
>Super Mario 64
>GoldenEye 007
>Perfect Dark
>Donkey Kong 64
>Banjo-Kazooie
>Banjo-Tooie
>Conker's Bad Fur Day
>Rogue Squadron
>Star Wars Episode I: Racer
>Super Smash Bros.
>Jet Force Gemini

What did PS have? MGS is boring as fuck. Tomb Raider is boring as fuck. Wipeout is boring as fuck, especially when there's Episode I Racer instead.

Not to mention that the N64 had superior graphics. PlayStation had this wobbly shit going on. Disgusting.

Coincidentally that's the game I got it for. Works with constant 60FPS at 2x internal resolution. I'm using the internal software graphics plugin.

You're probably just a tard with a netbook using version 1.7.0 from a decade ago.

Internal Section

Had to google that. Never heard of it.

Maybe PS was just more appealing to older gamers with things like Gran Turismo. When I was a 6 - 11 year old kid (when me and my friends had N64s), Gran Turismo seemed boring as fuck. But the games on N64 were awesome.

Like every kid I knew at school had an N64. Only one kid down my street had a PS1, that's the only time I ever played it.

No shit you're clueless then. You're eternally stuck with what you grew up with.

If you had a PS1 you'd throw shit at N64 games.

What kind of bait is this meant to be?
I've always been biased against Nintendo but to say the PSX has no games is ridiculous and
>x is boring as fuck
Is subjective and not a reason a game is bad.
>Spyro Trilogy
>Crash games
>The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
>Megaman 8
>Rayman 1
>MGS
>Tomb Raider
>Tomba
>Klonoa
>Tekken
The list goes on

You can buy most ps1 classics already, the only reason to install this is if you want to play the Lain ps1 game or something.

Parasite Eve 1 and 2?
Legend of Dragoon?
Broken Sword?
Bloody Roar 1 and 2?
Bushido Blade 1 and 2?
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night?
Dino Crisis?
Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3?
Final Fantasy?
Breath of Fire 3 and 4?

Shall I keep going? No games? More like you have no taste!

Why the fuck would I own a modern Sony console?

ninteniggers are truly pathetic

I feel that way for the n64
Even as a kid when they were still new I didnt care about anything on the system but hydro thunder and glover

Name 10 good N64 games that don't involve Rare, Mario or Zelda.

I'll wait

Sin and Punishment

But my friends and I DIDN'T have PS1s, and there's a reason for that which I've stated twice now: THE GAMES.

Like I say, maybe PS1 was more appealing to older gamers at the time (teenagers in the mid 90s), but for kids my age, it wasn't really appealing at all. Tomb Raider was boring, MGS was boring. Bing bing wahoo is designed for kids, of course, so it's no surprised that kids my age loved the N64, especially since we all had Game Boys where we had already played Mario games. But the addition of things like GoldenEye 007, Rogue Squadron, Episode I Racer, Super Smash Bros made the N64 even better. Oh yeah and I never mentioned Mario Kart, I played that multiplayer tons.

All of those games were considered garbage when I was a kid. Spyro and Rayman are cheap shitty Mario knockoffs. MGS and Tomb Raider I already said were boring for kids.

For older gamers, maybe MGS and Tomb Raider were more interesting (although I never played them as an older gamer either, mainly because I never had a PlayStation, because the platform never had exclusives that appealed to me). I got into Xbox when I was older because of Halo. But yeah.

>Mischief Makers
>Megaman Legends
>Bomberman 64
>Star Fox 64
>Tetrisphere
>F-Zero X
>Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
>Pilotwings 64
>Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Want me to keep going, or...?

Spyro 1-3 are more fun than any mario game and the ps1 had squaresoft backing it and they were one of the biggest juggernauts on the market at the time
Then theres stuff like superior THPS ports or legacy of kain, street fighter alpha series and armored core

I cannot get Bushido Blade to work with either of my DS4windows DS4 controllers. Bushido Blade 2 works fine though. I can't skip the demo / intro shit in BB

>Complaining about a free emulator and free roms

Holy shit imagine being this boring of a person.
The PSX catalog is huge and varied, it's gotta have a bunch of stuff you'll like yet you've never heard of, unlike the n64 which has so few games you probably know them all already at least vaguely

Policenauts is pretty good desu

Attached: policenauts.jpg (825x464, 69K)

You're not a kid anymore though. Maybe consider dropping that mindset.

Oh look it's a bunch of shovelware.

Lmao that's not an argument.

Well I guess you were a fucking retard then.

>name all the good games BUT NOT THESE ONES, THEY'RE TOO GOOD AND THAT'S NOT FAIR
Star Fox 64, F-Zero X, Rogue Squadron, Episode I Racer, Super Smash Bros., Pokemon Stadium

Attached: brainlet2.jpg (645x729, 57K)

You're not even trying.

I'm not complaining about that. I'm saying the PS1 doesn't have any games I'm interested in.

>if you don't like shit games you're boring
???

Not heard of it.

So what incentive at all do I have to go back to a console that only existed when I was a kid and which I didn't even like as a kid?

Attached: bait.png (625x626, 66K)

The absolute state of Nintendr*ids.

You sound trans.

ePSXE, PCSX-R and all of those are essentially the same, because they use the same plugins. It's like those N64 emus that use Glide64. The best PS1 emulator is still mednafen/beetlePSX core.

Beetle PSX on Retroarch with texture warping & polygon jitter removing, it's far beyond any other emu

>unsubtle way of getting new psx recommendations whilst recommending games from other consoles

thank you user!

Attached: 1456060408357.png (647x457, 570K)

ePSXe also offers GTE accuracy.

it's not even close to what beetle can do

Yeah, but it's about as much as my cheap 2014 notebook can do.

No, no I don't.

???
I don't care about PS1 games, I've said that multiple times, you fucking idiot.

>texture warping & polygon jitter removing
Does it finally make the PS1 not look like shit then? It removes the jelly like effect that that console always had?

yeah ps1 emulators can do that now

You sound trans and retarded.

Can you play PS1 games in 1080p there?

you sound tranny and mentally retarded

pretty sure that ps3 scales games to 1080p if you really want to.

Sweetie, he's talking about internal resolution, not just fucking stretching.

That's good.

Lmao how stupid are you that you can't come up with an argument? Pathetic.

I've know this for nearly 20 years now.

>doesn't care of Silent Hill, Resident Evil, MGS, FF, Parasite Eve, Spyro ...

mednafen is obviously better, but I always have epsxe in my older computers, I have almost no complaints as it plays well most games I throw there

can relate, I really can't give too much fucks for N64 other than Turok, Goldeneye, MK64, SM64 and Star Fox which are all truly amazing

Le shit? No Sin and Punishment?

haven't tried this one, seems to be cool

>doesn't care of Silent Hill, Resident Evil, MGS, FF, Parasite Eve, Spyro ...
No I don't. Never played any of them or had any interest in them. Like I say, for older gamers, I can see why the PS might appeal more. People who were teenagers in the 90s, I can see why they might go for the PS1, because it had more mature games - stealth action games, driving sims, horror games. But when I was a kid, the N64 was way more appealing. Mario games, Zelda games, Star Wars games, GoldenEye and other Rare games, Pokemon Stadium, it was awesome.

Le shit? You didn't try Sin and Punishment and think you can comment on N64 games?

I was still a kid in the 90s, and me and my friends had both. Later on a PC as well.
Nothing beats playing horror games at the age of 10 when your imagination still runs wild and things are super immersive.

(You), however, are just a close minded fagget. Literally the Nintentoddler peopel joke about.

When I was a kid nobody gave a shit about PlayStation. Nobody gave a shit about horror games. We gave a shit about killing each other in GoldenEye.

>Nintentoddler
That would only be the case if I played Nintendo games today, which I don't.

le yes

Sounds like your tiny village in the sticks was backwaters AF.

it doesn't seem anything changed in your head from the time you were a kid and now

it's an ostrich you cunt

What kind of third world banana republic island are you from? Everyone chugged Sony's cock during the fifth generation. PSX was THE console to have.

No mate. I have always lived near a major city. In the mid-to-late 90s, me and other kids at school all had N64s. I only knew one kid down the street who had a PS1. We all had Game Boys too.

What incentive do I have to go back and play the PS1 when it didn't even interest me back then? Even the PlayStation now I'm not that interested in - I've been an Xbox guy since 2002.

>PSX was THE console to have
If you like shit games, sure.

I played Silent Hill with PCSXR and it kept lagging during some cutscenes, but it's fine with ePSXe. I tried Mednafen I think but it seemed unnecessarily complicated especially since I have no issues with ePSXe.

>>FF7 chugs like your mother on a Friday night
>>good emu
You trolling real hard your a fucking moron who needs to neck yourself you deluded half wit fuck up loser. I have ran 7 on a 20 year old celeron 60 fps.

Attached: 1556275695062.jpg (303x299, 27K)

epsxe is based and redpilled
pcsx2 can be annoying sometimes, but it's the best we got afaik
Had to downgrade to version 1.21 to get Dynasty Warriors 3 to run properly for some reason

Attached: 1541941640304.jpg (900x437, 290K)

>So what incentive at all do I have to go back to a console that only existed when I was a kid and which I didn't even like as a kid?
The fact that the console and it's entire library is available for free thanks to emulation and rom sites. There's not much to lose other than a few minutes to try out each game, and you may find some gems you never played the first time around.
It's how I discovered and fell in love with the Armored Core series, for example.

>playing some CTR
>Literally the only game I saved on memory card
>Try to save a time trial record
>Memory card full!!!
Fuck off epsxe

That Ghost in The Shell fuchikoma TPS for PS1 is better than half of N64's "classic" library.

I have literally never had this problem. You can also make new memory cards if you think your current one is bugged.

>pcsx2
Have they finally made a build that makes Ace Combat game not look like shit?

Gamers should try underrated PS1 games.

Attached: image.jpg (271x186, 12K)

i just use retroarch for everything

Why do people rarely mention CVGS when talking about PS1 emulation?
Shit works flawlessly even on a pentium 2 machine with 266Mhz cpu back in early 2000s

Lmao are Ace Combat fans still fucked?

Eh. The only PS game that I ever really wanted to try out was Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2. I've tried playing it on emulator but I guess you need a pretty powerful PC, which is disappointing because I can run Gamecube games with Dolphin on my laptop absolutely fine, at the full original frame rate, and the Gamecube was a more powerful system than the PS2.

Also I'm not sure if Gran Turismo 4 supports analog throttle control? I think the PS2 had pressure-sensitive face buttons (so X for throttle was apparently pressure sensitive) but I don't know how much sensitivity / range it gives you. I don't know if it's as much as a trigger on an Xbox controller does.

But anyway, the Forza series is now arguably better than the GT series. Once I played Forza Motorsport 4 on 360 then my racing game itch was scratched. And recent entries in the FM series have got higher scores on Metacritic than GT. FM7 has a higher score than GT Sport. Although if I was getting a driving game these days I'd probably try out Project Cars 2 because apparently it's the most realistic console driving game, apart from Assetto Corsa, but apparently AC isn't really very good as a game (just barebones game functionality, because it's adapted from a professional sim) and crucially doesn't work that well on controller, apparently. And I can't be arsed to invest in a wheel.

>I have literally never had this problem. You can also make new memory cards if you think your current one is bugged.
I can and I will but I can't save now
At least I had a savestate before the race

Fair play. I never had an interest in racing games so I can't really speak for GT/Forza but I know the PSX has a lot of neat hidden gems, much like the N64 and pretty much every console that wasn't a tiger handheld.
Generally the popular games are what people like to compare but I could never give a fuck about FF7 or whatever, I'd much rather play something like Kula World, Codename Tenka, or Omega Boost.
The best thing about the older gens is that graphics had a low ceiling, meaning the door was open for way more developers to experiment since games weren't as expensive so publishers were much more willing for them to take risks (while also having a semblance of funding, which indie developers wish they could have without needing Kickstarter).
Even Crash Bandicoot is a result of that ethic, but there are hundreds of examples that got way less attention. Emulation means at worst you lose a few minutes on a game that tried something new and failed, and at best you might discover your next favorite game that any modern title has yet to replicate since.

N64 was possibly the worst console out of the ones that aren't straight up forgotten. If that's what you grew up with, I have nothing but sympathy for you.

>there are anons here RIGHT NOW that didn't grow up playing both PSX and N64
fucking poorfag kids the lot of you

Attached: 1549584841381.gif (498x280, 2.79M)

You’re kidding right?
People sucked Nintendo’s dick clean off for SM64, OOT, Golden eye 64
What are you some EuroPoor?
Go back to playing fifa faggot

Parents are cheapskates what else is new?

Stop being an contrarian you underage idiot. Everyone and their mother's boyfriend jumped on the PSOne bandwagon. the general public didn't give a shit about your kiddie wahoo shit.