>2 developers
>$15 price tag

Bloodstained
>$5,545,991 budget
>Released 4-5 years after Kickstarter
>3 developing companies
>$35 price tag

Passion > Money

Attached: bloodmemed 2.jpg (1918x1078, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GemaYue/status/1140662271690981376
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>don't have any interesting ideas or originality? Make a Metroid/castle/iga/vanina!

I'm so sick of these.

Bunny > Passion > Money

Attached: 1505190826687.png (496x702, 296K)

Bloodstained is actually good though. It has SOUL. HK looks like a flash game, is devoid of any soul and attracts hipsters

spbp

Fuck off falseflagger.

No idea why Rabi Ribi is not popular with Metroidvania fans.

Because it´s "anime"?

Rabi ribi is better though

ever heard of the term - Genre?
You can't call every fps game COD

You could say that about any other genre though?

1. It's Chinese, so more like "weeb" (in original meaning)
2. Castlevania is anime as well

Nah Valdis Story.

Well sure. But the artstyle isnt going to attract much people into the game sadly. That´s how things go.

>It's Chinese
Taiwanese

Still ain't tired huh?

It's pretty popular though. Not HK or Bloodstained levels of popularity but still pretty popular. Far more popular than other indie metroidvanias.

Though I actually think it's less of the metroidvania crowd and more of the danmaku crowd.

Help me out lads, should I get Bloodstained? Is it good? The backer designed shit puts me off but I like Metroidvanias and really enjoyed Hollow Knight.

Still making the same thread faggot?

Game looks eh to me but it really captured the Castlevania post SOTN feel in terms of gameplay to me. At least imo. So yeah.

I'm pretty sure HK gonna be better in every way than this waste of money. But is it any good if you throw away comparisons?

Alright, ill give it a go. Cheers senpai

Would you kys please?

>But the artstyle isnt going to attract much people into the game sadly.
Personally I find Hollow Knight artstyle disgusting yet I still understood their artistic intentions and game was good.

>implying flash games aren't soul

>It's pretty popular though. Not HK or Bloodstained levels of popularity but still pretty popular. Far more popular than other indie metroidvanias.
This.
Fuck. Rabi-Ribi has nearly 6k reviews on steam.
That's a fucking lot for a supposed niche bullethellxmetroidvania with an anime artstyle.

I meant to the people that dont like anime and whatnot. People are going to associate this game with the typical anime crap and not give it a chance. I do think the game is alright.

Awful post. HK looks fantastic and soulful.

No he didn't. Also,
>implying Flash makes your work soulful

YES we get it, Bloodstained is shit and Hollow Knight is good. Now stop making the same thread every day retard.

stop spamming this shit. yeye enjoy your flash animation game from 2005. no need to make million threads about it

tpbp

Why can't we just enjoy both games for what they are?

Attached: 1443935358365.jpg (300x300, 47K)

Too bad Silksong is soulless.

Gotta rile up fanbases right?

Hollow Knight's also a flash game. Of course it's cheaper/quicker to make

>only weapon is a pogo stick
>metroidvania

No shit. Hornet uses Silk.

This is Yea Forums, we only deal in absolutes here
One thing has to be based, redpilled, and soul and the other has to be cringe and diarrhea poopshit

Do you even know what a flash game is though? Or are you just throwing words around hoping for (you)s?

Honestly you lads should take advantage of the situation.

With Bloodstained and Hollow Knight in the limelight this is the perfect opportunity to show everybody the difference between an actual Metroidvania and a Metroid-like game. Maybe people will actually understand how horribly misused the genre tag is now for god knows how many years.

All 2d Metroids have only one weapon

At the core of the metroidvania, it´s all about finding tools or abilities to be able to access new areas and progress the story. And there´s different variations of that like Castlevania type ones that have RPGs elements and whatnot.
HK is just another 2D metroid-like game as you said. The basic formula with its setting and story.

Taiwan is China western piggu.

Thank fuck the metroid-like bros are coming out of the woodwork now.

>pirate HK
>play one hour
>instant buy
>pirate Bloodstained
>play one hour
>uninstall
My personal take on this is that HK just better game, from overall graphic which is pleasant to observe to controls which are much more better.

Can anyone post supersampled screenshot?

>I dont play these sorts of game
>Heard about Bloodstained a week before release
>Still didnt care
>Game released
>I hear good things
>Check out streamer playing it
>Damn looks good
>Pirate to try it
>Actually good
>Bought and have been playing it non stop currently at (55% cleared)

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
>budget closer to Hollow Knight than Bloodstained
>1 developer ("KCET"/KONAMI), who didn't have access to all the existing free and professional dev tools and assets ArtPlay and Team Cherry depend on, and so had to be more independent (true 'indie' is AAA), making more from scratch perfectly catered to the project alone.
>released 2 fucking decades before either of these
>price tag is virtually nothing today thanks to pawn shops and .iso rips
>game has a better mechanical and artistic (graphics, score, VA, ...) unity than either of these

The real question is why you are playing shitty rehashes of a 90s genre instead of the classics themselves and their descendants in more advanced genres today?

I wanna play this cat.
How much longer am I supposed to wait?

Attached: Cocoa (2).jpg (1920x1920, 914K)

Wasn't the latest DLC supposedly the last one?

We should just get rid of the word metroidvania altogether. Just have metroid-likes and metroid-like rpg's

I think the dev will add playable Cocoa to the "Before next Adventure" dlc, if I understood his tweets correctly.

Attached: 1558450697324.webm (720x404, 2.95M)

when is the bunny genocide simulator 2 releasing? the dev is working on it still right?

twitter.com/GemaYue/status/1140662271690981376
The work is progressing, but he could use an extra pair of hands to speed things up.

nice, at least the project isn't dead. hope he gets some good lads to help him out

VERY SILKFUL

Clearly you havent played hollow knight

So where did those 5 millions go? Is 3D reeeeeeaaally that budget bloated? Did the guys of HK work for 50 times less?

TBF hollow knight has a cheap and garbage artstyle, probably only took 20 minutes to do the art for the whole game.

Have you ever played a 2D metroid? Stop talking shit.

Cunni > Passion > Money

Attached: lol.png (406x385, 224K)

Yeah, the minutia of the semantics is what we need here

>mfw this autistic spammer
lmao falseflaggers SEETHING

I play both games and I like them both.

Attached: NON LINEAR 2D ACTION ADVENTURE PLATFORMER.png (398x308, 7K)

ironically, 3D is far cheaper to create, in particular spritework is far more costly.

>All these posts about Bloodstained make me crave for a metroidvania
>but the gameplay and graphics seem... off, somehow
>40$ pricetag
>look at Hollow Knight, gameplay looks much smoother + none of the grating "kickstarter-backer" portraits and enemies to ruin immersion
>1/3rd of the price
>want it for Switch so I can play it in my bed
>notice I have enough points to get it for free
'twas a good day

That's a very CUTE Miriam.

Because I've been playing these classics for 20 years, I need something new even if it's worse.

OMG is that a FrankerZ reference?
POG!

Attached: 1559506398540.jpg (301x490, 26K)

Are her pubes as fluffy as her head?

Nigger, Bloodstained literally looks like a shitty 2d hentai game. It's fucking atrocious.

Play the modern equivalents.

No you stop talking shit stupid fucker shitting up threads. Metroids have 1 laser weapon which you can upgrade to stun enemies, pass through walls or have bigger hitbox. HK have one sword which you can upgrade to hit quicker, charge quicker or have bigger hitbox. Slightly less deep but still surface level, just like Metroid, so stop trying to validate yourself cause you like classics. And HK spells and charms are more varied than Metroids rockets and bombs.

That nigga's dead, fuck around with my hittas man
Frontstreet man, Republican he a hitta man
Lollipop, that bitch licking my lollipop
Hit em from the top, that bitch slurping my lollipop
Better stop, fuck nigga we don't fuck with opps
Or fuck with cops, snitch nigga get in a box

Super Metroid had upgradable laser, missiles, super missiles, bombs and power bombs. That's more than one weapon your fucking retarded shitlord.

But that doesn't get as many (you)s

fluffier

>Hey dad i posted it again
>SLAP!
>No daddy no not the hot oil and hammer!

How many times are you going to make this shitty thread?

They're both good. Bloodstained is a huge game with shitzillions of weapons, food bonuses and so many things, hollow knight is a much more straightforward experience. HK doesn't have leveling or stats, it's more contained to equippi ng badges or whatever they were called that give you buff, while BS is pretty much what you expect from Igavania in 2019. I'd say play both of them and you won't be disappointed.

>enjoy ______ for what they are?
I fucking hate this phrase. It is some shit people spout out when they aren't disappointed in something enough but want to be.

Stop bothering he is a troll.

Did you even read my post.
If you count missiles and bombs as weapons then HK has 3 additional weapons which you can upgrade in different paths

No Im not, I just came into this thread, I love Metroids, HK, Castlevanias and will probably love BS too and I can't stand stupid fuckers shitting on either of those

Yea ok faggot.

Attached: 1552294806246.png (240x233, 38K)

nice to see hollow cucks are still really bad at defending their game

>frogposting

Someone please help me. I was trying all day to no damage the twin dragons boss that I don't recall the name of. Every time it'd use that attack where they turn white and both chomp at the middle at the same time, I would get slid inside the left dragon head. I was sitting perfectly in the middle every time.

I'm playing the Xbone version which I've heard is incredibly buggy right now, has anyone else encountered this?

Attached: 1556303197860.gif (500x281, 1.76M)

HK, like undertale, is reddit, the game. very shitty but propped up by non-gamers because it's "cool". all style, zero substance.

>2 developers
>$15 price tag
vs
>3 developing companies
>$35 price tag
guess which one is more greedy

Yes I read your post. It was a lie and you got called out like a whiny little bitch.

Witch Tits > Bunny > Passion > Money

Attached: momodora.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

@467633335
Ok I just remembered the type of thread Im in. Have fun then, remember to sleep well and shower once a day

Shuffle out with your tail between your legs then loser.

This game's models look very fucking ugly to me, but it still looks pretty decent overall. Looks like a Castlevania genre of game from devs that actually gave a shit.