Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

Attached: 1550251006311.jpg (1900x1600, 958K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4GLkrW9kluo&t=72s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pastimes

Both.

i prefer to browse an anime imageboard forum instead of touching vidya

Both, depending on my mood.

>Mario onions edition
>infinite replayability

> implying being a good fucking game isn't replayability

Experiences. If you're looking for a pointless pastime you should work on learning something instead, like a language or art.

chad experiences vs virgin pastimes

experiences for the most part
I love MH though, so I wouldn't want to be exclusively limited to them

>Fallout NV
>low replayability

Attached: 1298487217089.jpg (217x208, 23K)

i literally have no idea what these games are being categorized by. the right side seems to be games that are mostly about gameplay and not atmosphere but then it has zelda there for some reason

>odyssey
>botw
>replayability
>random scenarios

>bastion
>depth

Experiences I doing things. I could never actually do irl.

ive put more hours into new vegas than i have into overwatch and all mario and all zelda games combined

at least put some effort in your bait, dumb cunt

Most of the games on the right are shit, but all the games on the left are.

Fuck you bejeweled 2 had a great soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=4GLkrW9kluo&t=72s

The one without phone games, Overwatch and Fifa shit.

You're a bit of a fuckin idiot, aren't you? Stick to playing the video games, ruminating on them is not your strong point.

>left
>add the option to grind to hell and back
>bunch of optional, very high level stuff

There ya go, an "experience" with replayability.

>bioshock
>depth

pick one

>ruminating
>using reddit words
Go back and stay go back

>take two different categories directly opposed to each other.
>put random heavily discussed or renowned games in them (doesn't matter which category)
>post on Yea Forums
>wait for (You)'s

Look at it this way, a replay of New Vegas can take dozens of hours, and there's a limited amount of combinations and endings, whereas a replay of a Bejeweled game is minutes-long and has literally infinite permutations. Same goes for online FPS or sports matches, Mario levels, Zelda dungeons etc, they all act as isolated experiences separate from any overarching "purpose" of the game, context doesn't matter to them at all, whereas a New Vegas quest doesn't make sense without the greater narrative of the game.

Literally at the bottom of the ocean. It can't get any deeper.

Both because games need to fill niches, not market to everyone

Attached: two dumb blondes.png (640x339, 345K)

I prefer "fun". Both of your categories are gay and bullshit.

>oh no a word I don't recognise

are you implying that chrono trigger and fallout aren't replayable?

Attached: 1542183965079.png (472x448, 202K)

B-but think of all those people who won't give us money!

yep, looks like i was dead on the mark

with-ered flow-ers
forgeet
what they wept
for
day after DAYyayayay

I know you're incapable in putting yourself in other peoples shoes, but most non autistic people don't find enjoyment in experiencing the same thing over and over again.

somnambulant reply

People rewatch movies, tv shows, and reread books all the fucking time.

I don't buy short games with low replayability. With that being said, new vegas has fuckton of content and high replayability. Also is one of my favorite vidya.

What are you talking about? People rewatch movies and tv shows and reread books all the fucking time. And games with genuinely enjoyable gameplay are just that much more worth being given another go.

People who don't enjoy replaying games aren't capable of higher thought, they're honestly bug-like. Always asking for bloated grindy 40hr+ snoozefest games because they think time spent on a first run is the only worth of a game. Incapable of actually enjoying it or finding new ways to play it or going back to challenge themselves or just playing again to take in shit more thoroughly.

>most non autistic people don't find enjoyment in experiencing the same thing over and over again.
Then why do they buy games that are pretty much the same every year?

>People rewatch movies and tv shows and reread books all the fucking time.
Doubt. If you are going to make a bullshit claim like that the burden of proof is one you. So go ahead and prove it.

You're a fucking retard. How about you go outside and interact with actual people instead of spending all your time shitposting on Yea Forums.

bro you just posted cringe

Games as games.
How is Mario or BotW any more "random" than Fallout or Witcher?
"Replayability" is the result of games flow, not if its "Cinematic and story heavy" or if it is "mindless gameplay".
Payne 2 is story reliant but super easy to replay.
UG is more replayable than UG2 because 2 is a slog. keeping with the NFS examples, High Stakes for example has 0 story but I am good after having played through the career mode.
This picture is bait and I am falling for it, right?

Yep, no proof to back up your claims you pulled out your ass.
Next time you try to push how you "feel" people act as the truth try to have it based somewhat in reality with something to back it up.

No it isn't. You never gave proof that it's autistic to re-experience things. Prove that one first, faggot. And if you genuinely think what the other guy and I posted is in need of proving, you're either actually autistic or have never known another human being in your entire life.

>Witcher 3
>Bastion
>Bioshock
>Depth

>Mario Odessey
>Overwatch
>Random scenarios

Whoever made this shitpost is really fucking retarded.

What's your favorite song, user?
>inb4 "hurrr I don't have one because I'm actually an alien"

>no you prove some random crap I pulled out my ass wrong
Just stop. You've failed terribly at forming the smallest fraction of an argument.

So this dude just experiences something once and then throws it out?

>never remotely proves his intial point
>hurrr burden of proof isn't on me though, it's on you
kek. Stay retarded, faggot.

its ok bait i guess, youre getting a lot of catches.

6/10

More likely
>dipshit got caught in his bs immediately and backpedals to "twas but a ruse"

what a retarded list.. BotW and Odyssey are more of a experience than pastime, once you finish them you've seen it all

Evidently not as even the sequel is just a collection of expanded DLCs, there is no overarching experience to the game, just a series of isolated dungeons

I don't feel the need to arbitrarily categorize the video games I play like a fucking autist

Attached: 1507588425382.gif (320x180, 3.28M)

>the endless copy pasted open world game #30493 is considered an experience
>making an empire in EU3 or raising a dynasty in Crusader Kings is a passtime

> BOTW
> Replayability

Nintendo was a mistake

Attached: 1561209820696.jpg (638x960, 136K)

>fo:nv
>limited replayability
2/10 I replied

If pastimes = engaging gameplay
I'll go for that.

Attached: 1535090699893.png (1920x1080, 505K)

>open world games are "infinite"
the only people who say this are shitters who never actually finish anything they play on the first go, hence marvel at the "holy shit i can quit playing this game like 8 times and STILL not be done"-factor of open world games because they're padded to over 200 hours with collectibles.

How does experiences strive for depth?

Only a Virgin would make this comparison to feel good about himself. We all know chads prefer to play FIFA and COD online

When was the last time any of the games of the right tackled an important topic

said like a monkey who never finishes anything in one go.

>videogames
>tackling important topics
Pick one

>tackled an important topic
that's not what "depth" means in the context of video games

this is such a poorly made fucking image jesus

What a retarded picture

well being a straight person I don't play video games, so I say non of them

Attached: 1546719177568.jpg (249x180, 4K)

The replayability is less than 1, I believe. For it's such a shitshow a sane persone with minimum taste would not finish it ever.

>being a straight person
>is a frogposter
You're not fooling anyone tranny frogfucker.

>Which do you prefer?
Both, if they are really well done. The main issue is that most games suck at either.

Factorio, arguably my second all-time favorite game ever, is a pure "pastime" by this definition. It has an insane levels of gameplay depth and replay value, depends largely on mechanical and randomly generated content, and it's pure videogame crack.

Pathologic 2, my newly crowned ALL time favorite game, is the exact opposite. Handcrafted, narrative focused, with very limited replay value, and it's absolutely glorious.

I think over the years, I have always prefered the "experience" type of games slightly, but I think usually because I just rarely find games with gameplay so god damn great that it would not start to bore me fast.

>le pepe edit #485030
>is either a baiting faggot or outright retard
every
single
time

>that's not what "depth" means in the context of video games
Actually, it is. If you want to be specific, you have to state in which area do you seek the profundity of the experience. It may be gameplay, it may be narrative.

>chrono trigger
>limited replayability

what's it like to be retarded?

Name 3 videogames with narrative depth. I wanna see if you'll actually pick good examples because there aren't many.

>We all know chads prefer to play FIFA and COD online
this is literally how virgins reason

From the top of my head:
Pathologic
Cryostasis
The Void
Homeworld
Silent Hill 2

>tw3
>depth
>most of the quests are literally mmo fetch or kill quests

Attached: 86s1610ntjm11.png (416x435, 114K)

horizon zero dawn

BotW is not replayable. I played P4G 3 times and W3 4 times, while there is no way I replay BotW. One 150 hour playthrough is enough. Exploration is dead if you know everything

actually, most quests in witcher 3 involve detective work, or fighting against a unique boss.

>detective work
lmao

Ideally a game is both but if I have to pick between the two, absolutely pastimes. I never ever want to question whether or not a game is a game while I'm playing it. I don't care how good the story is, I'm certainly willing to accept that a video game might have a great story that can only be presented in the medium, but I watch shows and movies like everyone does and I read enough that I'm not at any shortage of stories. Give me fucking games.

As a PlayStation gamer I prefer a culturally enriching narrative experience. Who's with me?

Okay todd

Persona 4 is LITERALLY randomized in gameplay. HOLY SHIT this is good bait.

>press button to see where to go
>detective work
Play some point and click adventure quests like simon the sorcerer or maniac mansion, you will feel like low iq plebian.

Attached: pig.png (120x87, 18K)

well zelda has a really bad story and basically no interesting characters. so I can see why it would be categorized as gameplay and exploration focused instead.

>Todd
>defending NV

Certainly not as passtimes. Fuck that.

>showing the player the things they can interact with in a clear manner is a bad thing

I know Yea Forums is mostly made up of tryhard contrarians but holy fuck

Attached: DueQEKUXgAEDUlu.jpg (150x179, 4K)

you don't need to put anything together yourself because geralt talks to himself in order to spoonfeed you
the witcher 3 is a handholding game

yeah, because having a generic silent protagonist is sooooo much better

You described it pretty well, some stuff like Odyssey you can play while watching a movie. Some stuff like Witcher 3 expects you to pay attention but isn't any less replayable. You may know the story and the outcome but I still go back to it every 2 or so years to replay it.
Persona 5 on the other hand was / is so dialogue heavy that whenever I attempt to replay it I get bored halfway through because I remember all the dialogue and if you skip it there isn't much left there. Hopefully the Royal edition will shake things up a bit.

Gameplay can be experience.