Will we ever have a game about the duality between the Jedi and Sith again?

Will we ever have a game about the duality between the Jedi and Sith again?

Attached: file.jpg (4287x2202, 944K)

>will there ever be a game with even reasonable writing set in the Star Wars universe again

No. No there won't.

Attached: 1554920794644.jpg (442x488, 108K)

Not if Disney has anything to say about it.

>Star Wars
>Reasonable writing

Why isn't anyone making games set in old republic anymore?

Disney is in full blown OT and right before OT mode for nostalgia bucks.

No, it has to be as generic and as possible.

>KOTOR 2
>not reasonable writing for a video game

Attached: 1546644304473.jpg (238x195, 3K)

Star wars is fucking garbage and you're a retarded stupid ass cuck if you still like this series or anything in it. It's fucking SHIT, give up and accept it already. Dumbass faggots.

Why do people get so mad that others like star wars?

The what?

EA's exclusivity contract for the Star Wars license ends in 2023. Unless something happens to change that (like EA shelling out more money to renew the contract), we SHOULD begin to see some decent Star Wars games coming out around late 2025 - mid 2026 at the earliest

They gotta wait for the Old Republic movies to come out first. muh synergy.

Disney still has the story group that oversees writing, which is why the only good shit in NuWars has come either by accident, or a writer who gives a shit managing to break through.
It's fucked no matter what unless they get canned or castrated.

It's just baffling at this point. Two and a half good movies and like two good video games over thirty years of milking a franchise? Call of fucking duty has better ratios than that and they get a new one every eight months

>Empire vs rebels trope the franchise
>People like this shit
At least they killed shitty EU

>we SHOULD begin to see some decent Star Wars games coming out around late 2025 - mid 2026 at the earliest
We SHOULDN'T. All the Disney era movies and books are trash. They make turds without EA's help.

>old good
>new bad
Fuck off with that nonsense.
The only EA's fault is that they want every game to be AAA while previous Star Wars games were more diverse in quality.

Yes hello I'd like a Star Wars game that is as good or only slightly worse than Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy.

Attached: garbage.jpg (306x513, 46K)

The Fallen Order?

That's usually why people want more Old Republic or Clone Wars games. I have no interest in playing as a rebel and dealing with "diversity vs white supremacist" characters. God, I wonder how they're going to try and shove that shit into the upcoming old republic movies.

Attached: 1427588611412.png (800x393, 450K)

Nuwars has good shit?

Attached: bryar.jpg (640x480, 28K)

I'd like that Darth Maul game. Also all of the women in it should be attractive, thanks.

Attached: c1a684b5e07e4a2964adfcfa6a21e7822d18233a_hq.jpg (909x511, 68K)

How does that contract work anyway? Cause Oculus put out that VR Star Wars game, Vader Immortal pretty recently.

>all those backhand wielding people
What the hell is going on here.

Very rare, but it happens.
I've heard new Thrawn and lords of the sith are at least not insultingly bad, but I've yet to verify if it's just people coping.

Attached: Maul gets stalled.webm (935x476, 797K)

Kanan was a pretty good character in Star Wars Rebels. If only he was the main character instead of Shitra "I can mind control stormtroopers to shoot each other" Bridger.

No. He's like those autistic freaks that still try to defend Doctor Who. There will always be a few weird guys saying complete shit isn't all bad when it comes to these franchises.

CIS are technically rebels

nobody defends doctor who anymore.
It's laughable how obvious the bait is when someone pretends to.

There needs to be a glorious Empire game written entirely by white men who love military history. Disney would never allow it, but everyone who liked Star Wars before the 2010s would love it.

I guess separatists are rebels, sure. The general feel of the situation is completely different however.

>Villains are always 10x more badass than the supposed 'herpes'.
>Never get to play as them.

heroes*

>the maul fight only lasts a few seconds
I don't know why but I really love that point of it. It's not a drawn out fight, Obi-Wan just goes for a single blow and wins. I never watched the full episode but seeing the clip of the Maul and Obi-Wan felt really nice, since the prequels were at least fun to watch.

Why do people love this franchise so much when its mostly shit? It's like you people are battered wives who can't get enough of big daddy star wars' dick.

>jedi having emotions during battle

it's the memories, user

Attached: Poetry undivided.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

I thought he had fugly dino robot legs

For real, Stormtroopers need some love.

>Will there ever be a game about the least intersting thing in the Star Wars universe
I hope not

>again
nope and that new game looks like typical AAA trash even copying the camera movements from uncharted

power battles

>All that pre-release bullshit on how you'll play as a super cool elite stormtrooper squad in NuBattlefront 2
>It just focuses on the awful shit the Empire does and you switch sides like it's nothing
It's what I expected and I'm still let down.

What was he trying to do going with the handles towards Obi-Wan's face? It sounds plausible it was to hit him but considering they're force users it just seems like a bad idea.

Attached: 1552152732645.jpg (850x1254, 226K)

Jedi = good
Sith = bad
No need to complicate things, honey.

He lost those too

I thought there could only be two sith at the same time?

Yeah, whoa, one side is good and the other is evil... So deep... The duality of man.......
Star Wars was always a mindless flick dude take your rose tinted glasses off. And all the media spawned from it has the same shallow themes. Yes that includes KOTOR, the reddit game of the year for pseuds to jerk off over for "writing" when really it's just a chosen one plot with cartoon villains.

Depends on the era.

Don’t forget the RotS game. It was excellent.

KOTOR 2 is just Chris Avellone shitting on Star Wars through his mouthpiece character for 50 hours.

>again
nigger they gotta start first, there hasn't been any reasonable writing in anything start wars since esb or maybe rotj of you want to go that way

Yeah, the Old Republic era does kind of give you more freedom in terms of the stories you can make. You can set up your own central conflict instead of having to tie everything to Rebels vs. Empire.

As the video shows, it worked before.

Disney's old republic movies/games are going to be about rebels vs an empire/authority, though. The Empire will represent Trump if he gets reelected, or something relating to modern politics. It's a real shame it's physically impossible to make video game stories that don't relate to our lives.

Attached: sadcat.png (347x317, 133K)

>Doing the same thing that killed the padawan's master which was burnt into his memory as you fight..again
I guess it could be seen as a clever juke.

True, it probably wasn't a good idea to try it on someone who's seen it before.

Play swtor

Attached: swtor_2019-06-21 14-57-30_ShareX.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

No.

Is SWTOR even really an MMO, or is it a singleplayer game you have to go online to play?

Yes

I don't get why George suddenly decided that Jedi needed to be uptight monks who aren't allowed to love or to fuck.

Sex and marriage are allowed. Emotional attachments are bad. See how that worked for Anakin.

>Sex and marriage are allowed. Emotional attachments are bad.
What kind of fucked up marriage doesn't involve emotional attachments?

How wild do you think their sex was?

Attached: file.jpg (650x303, 17K)

Actually, never mind. I just re-researched and it seems marriages WERE forbidden until Luke Skywalker became Grand Master and allowed them.

Both of them had a lot of edge to take off, so...

Based Luke. Then Rian Johnson comes along, writes his sexy wife out of the universe, and turns him into an unheroic piece of shit who milks sea creatures and somehow dies when his hologram gets stabbed.

It's no wonder he went nuts. Imagine worrying every day that your marriage will be outed, while your master gives absolutely zero shits about covering up banging a queen, and nobody cares

And there was also the killing of his mom and Jedi Council CONSTANTLY talking down to him and giving him all kinds of other shit...

Attached: 1546902365628.jpg (607x10000, 750K)

Attached: 1509844403124.jpg (564x528, 64K)

>jedi good, sith bad
that's why, the source material itself is shit

Not to mention Ki Chadi Mundi having a harem, and the council actually buying his bullshit excuse

>most likely fucked Siri Tachi
>definitely fucked Satine
>"killed" a Sith while still a padawan
>disregards Jedi restraint and becomes an alcoholic
>still obtains the rank of Master and a seat on the council
What a fucking legend.

Attached: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F08%2Fobi-wan.jpg (960x540, 43K)

>having a defined villain is bad
fuck with your post-modern bullshit

>leaves his former apprentice burning slow to death without finishing him off quickly

and that's after besting one of the greatest Jedi in history, the literal fucking chosen one, in 1v1 combat

He cheated. He had the high ground.

I'm still waiting for a star wars title where both jedi and Sith are being holocaust'ed for being religious cults behind every conflict in every era

Go to bed, Kreia.

Attached: 1547167286898.jpg (1041x1600, 623K)

At least the alien scum are staying with their own

Making it with hot alien babes was what man dreamed of when first he looked at the stars.

Attached: Jarael.jpg (236x407, 20K)

Yeah...

Attached: 1510267855252.jpg (758x1000, 718K)

Well, he had a lot of years on Anakin, and little orphan Annie was unstable as fuck at that point

Split em open with an axe

god I'm sick of this meme

Shut up summer turbozoomer, nobody is defending nuwars here, so don't act like you have any kind of taste about movies

The original trilogy already stressed the dangers of attachment in ESB and ROTJ, George just further extrapolated. And the Jedi in the PT are clearly not emotionless. I don't know why the marriage thing would bother anyone unless they write self-insert fanfiction.

>The original trilogy already stressed the dangers of attachment in ESB and ROTJ
Except emotional attachment is what ends up saving the day

the Jedi were also complacent and incompetent in the PT too, not like George was making them out to be infallible.

Yeah, which is in spite of Yoda and Ben's advice. Do people still not realize that the whole point of the PT is to show how the Jedi needed to be rebuilt in the image of guys like Qui-Gon instead of the stuffy council?

This. Fuck kotor 2, fuck chris and fuck obs*dian.

t. incel Gamorrean

>not like George was making them out to be infallible.
More like he was making them out to be fucking idiots. Like when Anakin seeks Yoda's advice about his visions, and Yoda just says that he should accept it, despite Anakin looking like he's about to murder a whole bunch of younglings and smoke some dark side crack. Yoda considers it a job well done, and goes about his day

There is no duality

Attached: 509B1CF5-C67B-4203-8734-982F86E04DA2.jpg (500x493, 30K)

imagine having this bad of taste

>tfw you will never have a game about the origins of the je'daii

Attached: Xesh-DOTJ5.jpg (300x400, 28K)

Short answer: No
Long answer: __________________No_______________

Force Unleashed?

Not really. Kreia is demonstrated to be straight up retarded and wrong in many many many occasions.

It's a shitty singleplayer

Examples?

Republic era Jedi order was a psycho warrior cult who deserved to be purged.

Maul used same trick from fight with Qui-Gon but Obi-Wan was ready. I would say this fight was based