How Worried are we PC bros?

4K at 120Hz refresh rates (120fps!!!)
8k possible + SSD (no current gfx card can 8k 30fps)
13 Teraflops GPU Alongside Zen 2 CPU

>i panic upgraded my cpu and got a 250gb SSD...will wait for AMD/Nvidia's answer to ps5 when its released...anything you buy now will BARELY run ps5 ports

Attached: djghjghownload.jpg (300x168, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/news311005ps3120
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Worse than my PC.

Dude weed

>4k 120hz

What the fuck do you expect the thing to have? Quad SLI 2080ti?

Not at all? Why would anyone believe Sony lies after the PS4 pro?

AYYYY weed XD gangw33d LMAO

its all fun and games for us PC gamers until we are violenly fucked by ps5's hard cock. upon hearing about these specs I literally threw my monitor on the ground

>How Worried
quite
can people fall for their lies yet again?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (728x746, 172K)

That feel when I don't have to upgrade because my rig already blows away the rumored next gen specs that will be cut down before release as always.

Nothing to see here folks

I'm very worried. My 1080ti will struggle to run next gen on low settings. I either need to spend a few more thousand on parts or join the sony gaming master race

Sony don't make fun games anymore and are censoring jap games. More and more gsmes are multiplatform now. I will not be getting a ps5.

Censorship will ruin it

Not worried at all. And I don't think pc players would either in that aspect. Since the majority of the ones that upgrade every few years are working adults. Whereas a good amount of console owners are the opposite.
Excited to see what Sony is going to come up with though as a ps4 pro owner

>500 dollar console
>will run at 4k 120hz
yeah, no

You don't own a PC. If you did you seriously would just be indifferent to any form of tech announcements.

Attached: 1534972163081.jpg (1554x1032, 581K)

>will wait for AMD/Nvidia's answer to ps5
What. AMD fucking makes the PS5 and next xbox. The approximate GPU going in both comes out next month. By the time they come out that hardware will be over a year old and we've had that tier of hardware at that price point since 2016. There will of course be minor optimizations made for consoles, but we essentially already know the kind of performance they'll get.

$800. No games.
Neat!

These troll threads need to be banned, but the mods are console fags

Shhh. Summer posters who have mommy buy them consoles dont know this. Let the underage OP have his lonely moment

bethesda-tier lies

Jannies are unironically console fags. I've seen them autosage certain flame threads but leave others up while they were active

Where did the 13 TFLOPS thing came from anyway?
Did Czerny say that or is it some rumor?

none at all

still getting a ps5 though, all of sony's home consoles are good

Attached: specs.png (722x989, 40K)

reminder that consoles will always be the target platform for games and PC will always continue to get the left over shit.

Those numbers will drop, thats just early maybes

The chances are it will MAYBE get 60fps on first party games, one console is not going to go from barley manage 30fps-120 4k and your a fucking retard if you think so.
Unless sony got their hands on some alien tech that they will be somehow selling for 500$ its not going to do any of that

>build previous PC in 2012, did a minor GPU upgrade for cheap somewhere in 2017
>still ran all PS4 ports at the same quality, at least, no matter how much SUPERCHARGED PC was memed
I'll believe the specs when it actually releases with it.

i will eat my PC if that paper weight does 120fps at even 1080p

retarded nigger post
PCs will continue to exist regardless of consoles thriving, dying or whatever
you have to go back

>Snoy has about 10 exclusives on PS4
>over 7 years
>maybe a little over half of them are actually good
>every other game that came out in the past 7 years is apparently left over shit
Consolefag brain is a helluva thing.

yeah, will cost only 400$ and give you blowjobs done by OP mother , so please be patient

Attached: 643623632.png (385x399, 249K)

>4K at 120Hz refresh rates (120fps!!!)
Nigger a PS4 can't even consistently do 1080/60, what makes you think they'll be able to do 4k/120? Are you fucking mental? How much do you think that thing will cost, $2000?

Dude, i am a console owner. I am not concerned about graphics or specs, i am concerned about good games. So far all games that i liked don't even need those kind of specs. All this power will only highlight some shitty walking cinematic experiences which haven't changed since ps3 mechanically.

Attached: old man paper.jpg (1300x831, 89K)

>people still aren’t idorts
When will you learn
We always win

OP here. you might be safe for ps5's black cock. I suggest you set paging file to auto and force disable w10 updates

Attached: 1551918511218.jpg (435x690, 51K)

imagine being so poor you can't just buy whatever you felt like

Attached: z1.jpg (626x625, 112K)

I may get a 12 core CPU next year.

Attached: speccy_newestest.png (833x597, 45K)

Oh, yes of course.
eurogamer.net/articles/news311005ps3120

>How much do you think that thing will cost
$699 is my predicted price for next gen consoles. If you can predict higher than that, i'l be impressed. If lower you're naive.

why not get a GF next year instead?

I can't play vidya on a GF.

Nah, $700 sounds reasonable for a console launch, they'll probably get away with it with ease.
What I meant is that expecting something ludicrous like 4k/120Hz for $700 is fucking insane.

There'd be no fucking way Sony can do their overpriced launch shit for the 3rd time, especially after they undercut Xbone at launch. I refuse to believe their spec bullshit will justify the price.

>4K at 120Hz

Attached: 1498565904276.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>my GFs sperm

Attached: 1550035684057.jpg (250x323, 20K)

Nah, I'm ok
Maybe I will buy it after 1-2 years. I still remember PS4 launch, also you need to be idiot to buy consoles on launch

Attached: 1547064939149.png (680x380, 33K)

There's nothing more enjoyable than witnessing the aftermath of next-gen consoles specs reveal next year
the clock is ticking, better enjoy all of the baiting and shitposting to the fullest while it lasts

Attached: 1495585621553.jpg (413x395, 30K)

outdates =cpu, ram, ssd, gfx card, Russian

you lucky fuck; best women on earth

You really believe this shit?
And no, I'm sure whatever can run a game on PS5 can run on a mid tier rig.
Also whatever their ray tracing is will probably be a custom one that runs at its lowest quality

Attached: 1561136278997.jpg (480x480, 34K)

Why would PCfags be worried when the only thing modern snoy can offer is cinematic garbage? If anything things are finally looking up for them with how many japanese games coming to pc lately.
T. PS4fag

I'm just glad we're finally getting slightly more powerful consoles but even then I'm not impressed. 16GB of RAM is 100% necessary nowadays and the new consoles are getting what? 12 hopefully? The big change is SSDs, that's a big change because consoles have held PC back for several years now with awful loading times. I think they're gonna spend their money on the SSD and CPU but GPU will still suck so here's to another 8 years of waiting for consoles to catch up to PC again. Maybe next time you'll get a decent GPU if you pay 600$ for it

8k support will be the same as the 4k support of the current consoles, purely for 8k blu ray, streaming, ect.
They will target true 4k (potentially more checkerboard from PlayStation making up for 4k performance hit) at 30/60 and a few rare 120fps titles on the xbox, probably 99% through their back compat. Very few tvs support higher than 60hz anyway and even less screens overall support 4k@120+ anyway.
Potentially wide spread adoption of ray and path tracing, probably lower quality than what we've seen on rtx.

that will be 799 us dollars + tip

jesus fuck, you guys actually believe this shit?
the pixel rate is fucking 16 times the current PS4 and that barely pushes 1080/30

>he needs to buy CPU every year
>he thinks i5 is worse then i7 and not having same performance in games
yikes from me

Can't play with a controller so I'm out of options anyways. PC for me until I'm too old to play games anymore.

>13 Teraflops GPU Alongside Zen 2 CPU
kek, the ps3 did 25

>4K at 120Hz refresh rates
needs to reach 120 fps and what games will it reach, a goddamn tetris effect ? Average game will be no more than 60 fps
>8k possible
pure bullshit, we all know console fangays are unironically stupid just thow numbers they will believe anything
>13 Teraflops GPU
doesnt mean shit
>zen 2 cpu and ssd
something good for these idiots

Attached: 096.gif (800x371, 193K)

ARE PEOPLE REALLY BUYING INTO THESE SPECS? NO SERIOUSLY...

We were promised 4k with Xbone X, PS4 Pro. Low and behold, it was checkerboarding and only for certain games. 8k? Seriously WHAT? How can you even entertain that notion when the X and Pro that are only like 3 years old couldn't even do 4K? 120fps? Stop dreaming, 60fps MAYBE.

STOP BUYING INTO BULLSHIT! STOP IT!
SCREENCAP THIS POST, FRAME IT ON YOUR BEDROOM WALL. THE PS5 WILL NOT DELIVER ON IT'S 8K PROMISES, AND WILL STRUGGLE WITH EVEN 4K PROMISES.

$400-500 FOR A 4K-8K 120fps RAYTRACING DEVICE.
HORSESHIT! BULLSHIT!

Attached: dk donkey kong.png (778x885, 739K)

Is the 8k thing not a meme? I honestly thought even 4k was to much already but how much more are they going to push this shit? Will we have 12K next and later 24K? At that point will a TV in fit inside a living room?
It's all just a joke and planned obsolence. 1080p is all you need.

Why should PC gamers be worried about it? Unless you, snoygger are worried about it? You can't control it cuz PC always surpasses the consoles forever.

4K isn't gonna be standard for a long time, honestly, even on PC. Like 1440p looks good enough already and 144hz makes way more difference than 4K ever could

Not at all. Those are some of the most bald faced brazen lies ever. See They say this shit every time and it never happens. If those numbers are true it will cost $1000+ and flop hard. But they're not. Most games will probably run at 4k 30fps because devs will try to push as many pretty graphical effects as they can with no regard for framerate, just like they always do.

This

One X runs RDR2 at native 4k 30fps
I'm sure next gen can handle that easily

4k isn't too much at all, not for monitors at least.
>Will we have 12K next and later 24K?
16k is the next major step from 8k, then 32k.

4K 144hz will be a thing in a generation or two. What I don't get is why monitors are still so ridiculously expensive, especially when compared to tvs.
I paid 400 eurobucks for a 1440p 144hz budget monitor and while I love it, I still regret the money spent on this.

you have no games on console
nothing
zilch
and those which exist, are ported
stop false flagging and begging for (you)s you lowlife cunt

Talking about 4k, i owned 768p monitor at one point (1360x768), it was crispy clear on its own matrix. But same resolution on 1080p monitor was all blurry and garbage looking, as well as 720p was.
Does 1080p on 4k looks like shit same way like 768p looks like shit on 1080?

Attached: thinking coffee.jpg (564x460, 27K)

No, 1080p scales perfectly in 4k. Like 720p does in 1440p.

Also 1080p is blurry on 1440p

Highly doubt any of these are true.

I believe native 4K is possible, but 60fps max, but majority of games will be at 30fps.

I believe 120hz is possible, but only at 1080p and below, only for certain games, and most will offer 60fps instead.

8K is only possible with some sort of fancy upscaling method, I highly doubt there's anything on the market that can render the sheer amount of pixels needed at 30 times per second.

SSD lol I bet it's SATA III and not NVMe.

It's a meme unless you're playing on an 80" TV
32k will definitely never happen and 16k probably won't either. 10k is pretty much the limit for what the human eye can see

oh shit here we go again
desu id be suprised if ps5 got something like vega 56 as gpu prolly more like radeon 580/590

If it runs every game on at least 60fps with no drop I might consider getting it but then there's the problem of having to play with a controller

What people never seem to grasp about this is that just because a console can 120fps doesn't mean the games actually will. It all rests on devs.

This. It can achieve ONE of these things at a time if it sacrifices everything else. 120fps 1080p or 8k 30fps, both requiring a super optimized game that isn't too demanding. But the reality is, most devs will just go with 4k 30

0% worried
console devs don't give a fuck about smooth gameplay, 30 fps games will still be the norm on new consoles

i dont know what most of this means. is it good? does it mean the games will be good?

>4K 144hz will be a thing in a generation or two
You would still need a huge monitor to see a difference. Plus the amount of power you'll need for that t is ridiculously expensive even when it is achievable. 1440p is way more attainable.
>What I don't get is why monitors are still so ridiculously expensive, especially when compared to tvs
Because TVs suck ass for gaming, the average gaming monitor has way better response time

It will stop running everything at 60fps as soon as some idiot at sony owned corp will make a game exceeding the performance of their own hardware just for sake of cinematic shots of trees and hundreds of animals running through dynamically physically impacted flora during rain with water physics. Or somebody decides its time for 8k shadow resolution and 8k textures.
As soon as this happens, it will return to 30fps again for hardware pushing exclusives.

Attached: animals.jpg (1600x889, 294K)

It means that the new consoles will be mid-range pcs again.

its obviously going to upscale to 8k, not natively render at 8k

So much this, they'll for 4k at 30 fps and still probably fall short of that. 4k at even 60 fps would cost more than $700 for the console, and normalfags aren't going to drop 1-1.5k on a gaming system.

>30fps
wow it's trash
30 fps is unacceptable on pc, you will never see someone recommend a gpu for a 4k monitor that gives you 30 fps in games

The problem is retarded console devs will take those new consoles, crank up the shadows and particles, boom, you're back at sub 60 fps games in a new console generation

why do you guys always fall for this bullshit before the actual console comes out, it never, ever lives up to teased specs, not once.

It's Sony in present day, I'm not going to touch that piece of shit console until they change their stupid puritanical policies.

Faggots are literally swallowing their own cum thinking how powerful ps5 will be. I'm calling it now, ps5 will be so shitty that it will be able to run 60 fps only on ps4 games. Games created for new generation consoles will still have 30 fps and that's the truth.

nice bait but i know sony cuck will believe it because they're incredibly gullible.

>4K at 120Hz refresh rates
PFFFFF HAHAHAHA really nigga?
not even the best PC setup in the world can do this right now you fucking dumb cunt.

>8k possible + SSD (no current gfx card can 8k 30fps)
you do realize console GPUs are just mobile versions of PC gpus right? what you're basically implying is that sony has their own mutli billion dollar corp that has the best gpus in the world and isn't made by amd or nvidia.
basically, it doesn't exist. so no, you're not getting 8k. you'll be lucky to get native 4k and not checkerboard 4k.

Can you imagine how they are going to advertise 30fps exclusives in 2021?

there is nothing wrong with 30. and with ps5 being more powerful it will play the ps4 version at 4k 60fps minimum

Yeah I can, they will do it the same way they've been advertising 30 fps ps4 exclusives. PS5 and new Xbox will be one step forward in technology, not one jump forward.

Eh not really. Even the xbox one x (fuck that name) only has a CPU that runs at 2.3GHz. If you buy a good CPU on PC you can easily overlock it to 4.6 which is a huge difference

something something between its not worth it, it doesn't actually improve your gaming experience or whatever bullshit they have up their sleeves to excuse their lazy asses? i imagine yes

Attached: 30.jpg (761x283, 56K)

PS5 won't even do 4K native

My GPU alone costs more than the PS5 will, even if they price it like the launch PS3, it's going to be a worthless shitbox just like every video game console since the PS2. You buy them for the exclusives and then put them away when you're done.

Those AMD GPUs are already old, as Vega 64 and Radeon VII exist. Personally though I'm waiting for APUs to become more efficient instead of being so concerned with AMD's pure GPUs. And efficiency and performance are something APUs are getting better and better at each day, on track to having parity soon enough, thus potentially becoming the more affordable option for this range of gaming.

>console skiddies excited about SSD

lol. Enjoy our ancient tech plebs

>Average game will be no more than 60 fps
more like 30 FPS and less

good enough for the console, which is your average low-med range pc pre-built

It's hardly been any time since the last launch and al I could remember was the "which is more powerful" conversations. Power doesn't matter, only exclusives. Sony proved with the PS4 that they cannot give enough good exclusives to warrant buying a console, so I'm not going to buy a PS5.

>anything you buy now will BARELY run ps5 ports
>now
Good thing PS5 ports don't exist then. They will in a year and a half maybe, but maybe not

>not 9900k
>not 2080Ti
Yikers, buy better pc

It still will be cheaper than your same spec PC.

Sure, before you factor in paying $60 a year to use your own internet.

>worried
>we
>>>>>>>>>>WE
Shut up shill. I'm fucking sick of snoy lies. I fell in love with PC as soon as I realized I could play XIV on it, eventually got dragged into many other PC games and games with PC ports, never going back

Attached: sony lies.jpg (2000x2470, 1.4M)

>13 Teraflops GPU
so same performance as gfx cards released 2 years ago.
Better than last time but not exactly overwhelming.

Pc has 0 exclusives

Most games are not 4K, RDR2 is one of the exceptions

A surprising amount are 1440p or less that people call "checkerboarding" for some reason, that's just fucking upscaling

They should put graphics settings so people can choose what they want

Even after 7 years that would still be cheaper. Not to mention there are discounts on that all the time

>4K at 120Hz
Name one team that would be able to make an actually good game running on this. As of today, there's still no masterpiece running 1080/60. Daily reminder that movies are not games, also be reminded that people of the internet would want to say Undertale is the game of the decade

Attached: 1497983648287.png (491x585, 56K)

Doubt it will run at 4k considering the consoles can barely handle that f2p dauntless game. It makes sense though why games are so dumbed downed and literal QTE's with almost no interaction. They can push the graphics meme when it's a movie so you won't notice you've been hoodwinked.

8k at 3 fps, the power og the Ryzen 2.

do you s(o)yniggers really don't know about HDMI 2.1? I understand this ain't a technology board but you would think a VIDEOgames board would know basic computing.

Attached: 1561283962164.jpg (2295x1979, 1.81M)

AMD TFLOPS =/= NVIDIA TFLOPS. AMD's 13 TFLOPS is between Vega 56 and Vega 64.

shitty CPU and shitty ram and then a meme 2080ti card on top.
Well at least you are in the clear gfx wise for a the next couple of years.

>this retarded
Pc has so much more exclusives, you can't even show them in one of your soiboi lists
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_games

Smartest post itt.

Dev kits. So it means nothing as Dev kits tend to be quite a bit stronger than the finish product.
I am hoping for a 8-9 tflops myself as it would be 2x that of a PS4 pro.

Not worried at all. Today you can enjoy social justice on any platform.

Total War is exclusive and sells more than Persona and SMT combined. If not for PC, Sega's gaming division would be in deep shit. Football Manager and Total War is literally the only thing keeping them alive between Sonic releases.

Well, multiplatform games will ALWAYS be better on PC, that's an indisputable fact, it's not opinion.

Personality, unless they announce that they'll be maintaining a full library wide 60fps 1080p standard through every game, I'll pass on the system, same way I did on the PS3 and PS4.

I've got a backlog of over a thousand games on my PC and it's only getting larger, there's no pressure on me to look elsewhere unless the system lives up to my, quite reasonable, standard.

I tried Bloodborne and Spiderman at a friends house, the framerate killed both games dead for me.

Unless I get confirmation of the 60fps standard, I won't even look up from my PC.

Gameplay > Cinematics.

2080ti is worse than 1080ti and has shit vram.
They were trying to sell suckers on the new blast processing, "ray tracing", which shit all is being done with by devs, and not warranting of bothering with purchasing card at the moment.
Dumb dumbs just see bigger number and think to themselves, "superior". Maybe the next nvida "ray trace" thing will have more substance, but not now.

800$$$
$
$
$

how many ps5s do i need to build a spaceship

When PS5 Pro or whatever the fuck it's called comes out, gaming PC's will be permanently and irrepairably obsolete. 8k and 120 FPS is already ridiculously excessive, you can barely notice any difference beyond 4k and 60fps anyway. Past that point it's just for the pure sake of bragging about specs. At this point consoles will have finally matched PCs, and combined with the cheaper price and all the exclusives sony has, PC will really be unable to compete, being boggled down with piracy issues and all.

>implying that I am worried about an inferior censorship machine
>with no fucking games

Attached: hahaha.jpg (623x739, 387K)

imagine believing marketing hype lmao

>my GFs sperm
?!

how does a tranny has kids and can produce sperm with a fake penis?

>no fucking games

You keep saying that. I don't think you know what that means.

>4K at 120Hz
Yeah, remember when the PS3 delivered 1080p 60FPS?
Or when the PS4 delivered 1080p 60FPS?
Or when the PS4 Pro delivered 1080p 60FPS?

spew out the brand new exclusives, as in BRAND NEW IPs

So sequels aren't games? How fucking retarded are you, dumbass?

were not
PC not only has its entire exclusive library but also nearly EVERYTHING from gamecube/ps2 eva and before on top of xboxs entire future library
not to mention pirating
choosing any controller you want
and if that wasn't enough computers aren't soley gaming machines

real question is why would you ever touch a console in this day and age?

8 years passed. new generation of retards are making their chose.

4k 30 fps, 1080p 60 fps maybe.
8k - never, only in browser or some retarded html5 game.

Attached: 1561144111991.jpg (720x960, 320K)

PC shitheads always brag about their specs for their $2000 machine yet all they play is indie kickstarter shit and legitimately have no gaems

>can't even come up with one original new Sony IP
I miss the days when Playstation had new IPs along with sequels. Now everything has to be a re-hash

>2080ti is worse than 1080ti
This is a lie.
It's to expensive to justify the performance increase, but a 2080ti is around 25% faster

Death Stranding
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ghosts of Tsushima

kill yourself you dumb faggot I can't believe I'm even giving you (you)s. and sequels are games whether you like it or not, so kys

>only 3 new IPs
>from 3rd Parties
>nothing from SIE

Attached: 1543911472232.jpg (1440x1080, 1.1M)

>8k and 120 FPS is already ridiculously excessive
There isnt a single monitor/tv that can push 8k 120fps( or a cable that can send it)
A 2080ti does +-60fps @4k
8k = 4x4k + 2x the fps = so you'll need something thats around 8 times stronger then the best gpu on the market

@467627901

death stranding is from SIE you dumb fuck. How fucking stupid are you really?

>SONY HAS NO GAEMS
>SEQUELS DON'T COUNT
>THIRD PARTY GAMES DON'T COUNT

Keep moving the goalposts back, retard. Just admit Sony won and you have no leg to stand on.

software raytracing.
like pottery

Attached: 1560683732733.jpg (634x425, 79K)

Which just reinforces my point that next gen consoles will make pc gaymen obsolete.

And what if how powerful the new consoles will be is a lie?

no next time for this time line

it will be all streaming shit.

Attached: 1560887258964.gif (360x202, 2.6M)

Why would a PS5 not have native 4k resolution?

>patentet sony's Teraflops*

*-not actual Teraflops

Attached: 1561143530388.jpg (1784x1536, 781K)

>Sony won
Censoring games, showing two underaged girls kissing and losing customers isn't winning.
Pic related is winning

Attached: The best of the PS2.jpg (2558x3000, 3.9M)

I'm not even worried, I kinda LMAO'd when I heard the PS5 specs because this is possible the biggest financial mistake Sony will ever make. That's assuming they're not lying about the whole thing, which they probably are. Final release PS5 model will be 1080p/60fps at best desu.

>native 4k
probably not a lie
>60fps in a AAA game
That's a lie right there.

Because PS4 can't even do 1080p/60fps unless equivalent of minimum spec graphics on PC.

>how worried are we about an overpriced gimped PC with no games

yawn

Making games was much simpler and cheaper back then. You can't expect to have the same number of AAA games put out as back then, considering costs are exponentially higher.

>censoring games

Imagine using Yea Forums memes as an argument because you have none.

This

git gud at making games

>xboxs entire future library
>not to mention pirating

you do realize the next gen will be the last gen with physical media. sony, microsoft and google will push streaming technology really hard and cloud gaming will soon became the only option on the table which means zero piracy.

I hope the games on it will be fun

I swear if we ever reach that point with games only being available via streaming I'm giving up partially on gaming.
I'll just put my money on buying physical copies of earlier gen games

Attached: HM-IsoDidact.png (824x958, 1.77M)

Can i install Linux on it?

you can do whatever you want user but in ten years time we'll all be laughing how companies even allowed us to have all of their assets stored on our hard drives.

8 years since what? The PS3 was 11 years ago.

It's over, PC is dead.

Only mobile gamers actually think this

>120fps
PS4 can't even obtain solid 30fps without frame drops. I find it impossible to believe PS5 can even get close to 120. I don't even believe they will be able to obtain a smooth 60

Those physical games will need patches from the server. When that goes so do your games.

>But I play unpatched games all the time my PS4 has never been connected to the internet and I've never had any bugs.

You are lying.

>But hackers will jailbreak the system and allow us to patch our games.

Yes, but after you jailbreak the console you will have access to all games anyway, what is the point of a shelf frisbee then?

>still getting a ps5 though

Eat my shit nigger

So how long after the ps5 comes out before the Bloodborne remaster? Or is this game doomed to sub 30 fps for all eternity?

>we
fuck off gaystation faggot
every fuckin normie is treating SSDs in gaystation as the second coming of Chirst

kys
go watch dykes kiss

I can survive without patches faggot, it's called not buying unfinished games

>Dxdiag

Holy fucking shit, haven't seen this shit posted in fucking yeaaars.
As expected from a fucking retard.

Share some. I have 50 physical PS4 games and every one has a patch. Gravity Rush Remastered didnt for awhile but even it eventually got one.

Cuz pcfags aint interested with weeb games and want em cinematic multiplayers instead

Of course and only for a $400 price tag

Does it really matter if it needs a patch though? They fucking work just fine

Yeah I mean start with an actually stable 60fps at 1080p and I'll give those 4k 8k 120fps a bit more credit.

Well obviously the game wasnt "finished" if they felt the need to fix mistakes.

Doesn't really matter because even if my pc is old I can optimise my experience to make it run well e.g. consoles are targeting 4k and will probably be 30 fps but I play at 1080p on my pc and my specs will allow me for 60 fps in most games even next gen games. I'll still pick up the next xbox though to complement my pc cos of gamepass and all that.

Do you think my gtx 1060 6gb will be able to maintain 60fps at 1080p for next gen games ? It's actually already having trouble doing this without hitting 75°C.

The price of these is going to be fucking through the roof if its using decent hardware, no console is worth over £500 so long as paid online is still a thing, if youre going to spend that much to play videogames just fucking upgrade your PC already.

Graphics cards are fine up to even 95c so 75c is pretty decent. And 1060 6gb is kinda old now you'll probably be able to get 50-60 fps with medium settings for a few years but I wouldn't expect it to last very long past like 2021 because of low vram and the card in general being a weak midrange card from 3 years ago. I would consider an upgrade at the end of next year or early 2021 to get the best performance and framerate from next gen games as well as cool tech like ray tracing which even the consoles will support.

Not at all. It will barely handle choppy ~30fps at watered down graphics. Like always.

Attached: 395BAAFC-BC59-4185-9EB6-CABD279CF1DF__01.png (750x680, 621K)

You are all retarded. The only reason the PS3 couldn't do 120hz is because they were forced to add an expensive but weak Nvidia GPU that dictated that it could only reach 1080p60 at best.
He was right in saying that it "could" reach 120fps because old games could easily be run at that speed.

Hardware ray tracing has been confirmed by insiders. Take it with a grain of salt, but so far they have been 100% accurate.

Yeah but uou spent like 3 grand in it retard, I will enjoy spending £500 on the ps5 for the same performance you meme

Thanks user. As you can imagine I've been hesitating for a while but I guess I'll take the plunge sooner rather than later.

Any idea on what CPUs to choose for say a 2070 ?

Only 1 "insider" has claimed hardware ray tracing for PS5 and that same insider said he believes the xbox will be more powerful. That's 2 contradictions compared to other insiders. Other insiders have said the die size of the PS5 is 330mm2 compared to the known ~390mm2 of the xbox 2 which indicates RT hardware for xbox but none for PS5. His second claim of hes believes xbox will end up more powerful is also contradictory to what other insiders said that at the current time the ps5 devkit has more flops than the xbox devkit (that means between 0.1 and tflop more powerful).

Well AMD is kind of the price to performance leader right now and even though I use an old Intel i7 myself I'd say for for a ryzen processor. The new lineup is releasing on the 7th july which is only a couple weeks away and it should bring nice performance gains over the current gen. I'd recommend waiting for reviews which should release in like a week and seeing how they perform. The r5 3600 would be something to have a look at.
For your GPU I wouldn't pull the trigger yet. Current nvidia RTX hardware is in its infancy and struggles to maintain good fps with RTX on in most games. I would wait out with your 1060 6gb for now till nvidias 7nm GPU come out and those should potentially being huge performance gains especially on the ray tracing side of things. But obviously if you don't really care about RTX then a 2070 is a decent choice.

Nah. Tons of AAA games release at 60fps on the standard PS4 already. All of the sports games, all of the call of dutys, battlefield, fortnite, platformers, all of them are 60fps.
What keeps the first party games from reaching 60fps is specifically the tablet tier CPU clusters. However this time around they are using Zen 2 so that wont be an excuse anymore.
The more advanced physics simulations, AI and Drawcalls brought the CPU to its knees on PS4 and required 30fps. That was the main bottleneck.

But why would they say that "Navi supports ray tracing" in the PS5 Wired article then? Navi is literally hardware, not software. So why is this in contention?

Attached: 1545171037116.png (567x762, 134K)

Thanks again. Any potential purchase wouldn't occur before a few months anyway.

>(no current gfx card can 8k 30fps)
Strange, my 1070 does it.

1. All cards in existence can support ray tracing (nvidia even released an update where non RTX cards can use RTX through software)
2. Navi doesn't support ray tracing and the upcoming Navi GPU has no hardware RT support at all
3. AMD have announced hardware RT support but they've only stated its going to be "next gen RDNA" meaning not this upcoming Navi gen but a future gen (Lisa Su even clarified this at Computex)
4. With all that in mind, the lack of clarity from Cerny regarding whether its hardware or not, and the recent alleged leak of the PS5 SoC being 330mm2 all indicates software/shader RT on PS5

As of right now there is literally nothing to indicate the PS5 supports hardware RT. It very well could as it's all up on the air right now but as of what we know at this current time it sounds like it's not supporting it. Cerny isn't dumb he chooses his words carefully and he specifically chose not to mentioned hardware RT.

Attached: 3-1260.jpg (1260x710, 80K)

Navi doesn't support ray tracing hardware*

>or join the sony gaming master race
Wise choice user the ps5 will blow your 1080ti out the water no doubt.

>Second Sight
>Stealth
Yeah I suppose, though I would have first considered it just action adventure.

The specs shown are pretty ok to provide 1080p60fps for most games, why those niggers want to insist with EPIC [email protected] slideshows?

>unironically believing that the PS5 will game at 120FPS 4k

I think the exact wording they use was "capable of 8k" which makes me believe the most it will support is 8k video streaming, not 8k gaming.

>1. All cards in existence can support ray tracing (nvidia even released an update where non RTX cards can use RTX through software)
So why would they reiterate it as a prominent feature?
>2. Navi doesn't support ray tracing and the upcoming Navi GPU has no hardware RT support at all
Only the first generation. But even then Sony and MS could have done their own customization.
>3. AMD have announced hardware RT support but they've only stated its going to be "next gen RDNA" meaning not this upcoming Navi gen but a future gen (Lisa Su even clarified this at Computex)
It doesn't say that the next gen of Navi is not RDNA 2.
>4. With all that in mind, the lack of clarity from Cerny regarding whether its hardware or not, and the recent alleged leak of the PS5 SoC being 330mm2 all indicates software/shader RT on PS5
That also depends on several other factors on what will go on that die.
>As of right now there is literally nothing to indicate the PS5 supports hardware RT
Except from the wording that the Navi hardware will support RT and that Sony has been making job listings and hiring people with experience in RTRT for months at this point.
I think you are reading into that die size leak a little too heavily. Official information is indicating support. Even if the die size is 330 that doesn't mean that it will have no RT hardware conclusively. It could be a symptom but it isn't necessarily the case.

Not even the tiniest little bit. The P stands for "pozzed."

>being worried of consoles
geeh I can't wait to play watered-down casual games on my under-powered DRM device!

>So why would they reiterate it as a prominent feature?
why wouldn't they? it's has massive pulling power as a sales point and it coincides with the industry in general focusing more on RT such as previously mentioned RTX and it's grandfather technology DXR.
>Only the first generation. But even then Sony and MS could have done their own customization.
we know MS have because they've straight up announced hardware RT support. that either means they're utilising the next gen RDNA architecture or are using the upcoming Navi cards and have built their own RT spec based on their own requirements for DXR and whatever other work they collaborated on with nvidia RTX. again, by you saying sony could be doing their own customisation it's wishful thinking because literally nothing indicates they have ANY hardware RT support at all. as i said before it's still up in the air though.
>It doesn't say that the next gen of Navi is not RDNA 2.
it doesn't say it isn't. it doesn't matter anyway because that's arguing semantics at that point. according to AMD officially they just said "next gen RDNA". not navi and not anything else.
>That also depends on several other factors on what will go on that die.
it doesn't. this stuff isn't magic it's easy to calculate theoretical specs based on a die size. if microsoft and sony are using identical hardware technologies (which they are being zen 2/navi) then the one which is bigger in size simply packs more hardware i.e CU's, potentially more Zen 2 cores or even dedicated hardware RT cores.
>Except from the wording that the Navi hardware will support RT
navi hardware supporting RT and navi hardware supporting hardware RT are two completely different things. the ps4 hardware can support RT that doesn't mean anything at all. the differentiation comes from the actual implementation itself. all GPU technology is considered hardware so by saying "navi hardware will support RT" is like saying water is wet.
1/2

>Official information is indicating support.
and i already explained that support =/= hardware implementation. support could mean anything from RT in software and shaders to actual hardware.
>Even if the die size is 330 that doesn't mean that it will have no RT hardware conclusively.
and if you read above the bigger the die size the higher the performance (unless something goes catastrophically wrong like 200mhz vs 2ghz). if the ps5 IS using a 330mm2 SoC AND is supporting hardware RT it means the actual GPU CU count is going to be massively lower than the potential CU count in the XB2. that's the issue here.