Metroid Thread

I have a question, if Samus genetics returned to normal, the X parasite vaporized, the Federation plot dropped, Samus fighting rogue Chozo in Metroid 5, most likely getting her iconic look back, possibly fighting Space Pirates, Metroids, and Chozo, going back to a Chozo planet, using purple orbs to heal, using missiles, Super Missiles, and Power Bombs to restore ammo, and upgrading using Chozo Statues again, was there really any point to the X Parasite? I feel like they were added because Nintendo didn't have an idea how to continue the story after Super Metroid.

Attached: jyJPAZ6.jpg (1728x1728, 159K)

The X are the entire reason the Metroids exist

They were made that way but they only really have importance in Metroid Fusion, they replaced the Space Pirates, Metroids, Energy capsules, Missile, Super Missile, and Powe Bomb ammo, Chozo Statues, now that they're gone the games will just go back to what they were in Metroid 1-3. Samus even lost the very reason to fight them, the Metroid DNA, they feel like an afterthought since they were even weaker than Metroids.

weird way to start off a Metroid Thread user, but so long as I get to debate between SA-X and Dark Samus I'm fine with it

Attached: 1545979735678.png (1280x1217, 1.88M)

I mean it's a good question, if we already have the Space Pirates, Metroids, and soon the Chozo as a good enemy faction, what's the point of the X?

X parasites could hypothetically return because they came from Aeion abuse, so if Aeion exists elsewhere and somebody starts messing with it (lord knows somebody will, this is Metroid) then anything could happen.

But what if the X already existed as a parasite that was mutated by Aeion, if that's the case then Fusion could be the only game they'll ever be in.

Because whats wrong with having a one off villain for one game? The X came and their story is done, and they were a very different villain that even changed some of the core mechanics of metroid with a reason that makes sense in universe. You cant fight space pirates and metroids every game
Plus, we dont know for sure the ramifications Fusion's ending will have in the future

Samus blowing up Zebes and SR388 being another reason the rogue Chozo are pissed off and ready to push her shit in while also giving her a good characterization.

>Space Pirates get a hold of AEEEEEIIIIIIIOOOOOONNNNNNNNN
oh god no

It's not like the Chozo did much better with it

>Original Metroids were potential galactic-scale threats but were only created to get rid of the X
Now imagine the Rogue Chozo creating Metroids specifically designed as as bioweapons.

>Space Pirates with Aeion
>rogue Chozo fully utilizing it
>Chozo create new types of stronger Metroids
Please make it happen in Metroid 5.

You're making my dick so hard right now, what if we have an Aeion powered Ridley, that could be how the Space Pirates bring him back this time.

>Ridley with electrical armor, gatling plasma breath, time manipulation, and even the ability to see breakable blocks

Attached: hahahaha.png (912x1020, 843K)

Nintendo puts ~0% thought into their plotlines beyond their immediate facility in making one specific game. This ought to be obvious to anyone who's played even 10% of the games Nintendo has created. It should be obvious to anyone who's never even played a Nintendo game but is familiar with Japanese mass-consumption culture.

The only question is if it's possible for western fans who notice and care about the long-term potential of the series - the ones who actually liked the games precisely because of said elements and not just as plot excuses - to rescue Nintendo products from Nintendo itself.

Attached: 1529175697278.png (600x671, 98K)

Tfw no Metroid spin-off where you play as a copy of Samus X that isn't entirely evil, but you can decide to be lawfull or chaotic depending on what you do.

Attached: Fusion_SA-X_closeup.png (1275x959, 172K)

Rogue Chozo is such a stupid idea. What, they've been absent the past seven games building up their army? That's ancient evil awakens levels of shit.
This is a dumb post the X were fine.

I thought the Metroid lore was rebooted every other game, like the Zelda or the Mother or the Mario games.

Continuous story since '86.

Rogue Chozo are great, nice change of pace, Federation was stupid and the X were just Space Pirates but Nintendo was trying to hide the fact that they were just that by calling them a parasite.

Nope, it's a continuation.

Metroid lore has never been rebooted.
>Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission
>Metroid Prime
>Metroid Prime Hunters
>Metroid Prime 2
>Metroid Prime 3
>Metroid Prime Federation Force
>Metroid II Return of Samus/Metroid Samus Returns
>Super Metroid
>Other M
>Metroid Fusion
That's the timeline, although it's questionable how canonical Other M and Federation Force are considered given how they were received (Other M in particular is most likely considered non-canonical at this point). Overall it's been fairly consistent.

I'll give it a shot, man, but Metroid is actually pretty sound about its writing and set pieces prior to Other M and Samus Returns. Samus exterminates the Metroids, turns out wiping out a species allows its prey's numbers to become more numerous. Fusion uses this to make an experiment on Samus losing her agency and then taking it back throughout the game (getting items without the Feds' permission), while also adding an additional character that gives a bit of depth to Samus. It's all good shit.

Phazon finds a way to corrupt Chozos that have ascended to another plane? This idea is taken to a logical extreme where a leviathan seed creates another plane of existence on Aether. Feds have found a way to force a Metroid straight to the Omega stage? We see Metroid husks from Sector 1 all the way to the docking bay. Tons of shit like that. Where's the genesis of Rogue Chozo?

Nobody said the X weren't fine. Never be insecure.

Attached: 1446045281186.png (306x256, 136K)

It actually has, since someone (Sakamoto? I forget) said that the Prime games take place "in their own timeline", which is a classic nipponic politeness for "we can't stand these western games polluting our bland magical girl setting".

SR canonizes Prime with Ridley's appearance.

>Where's the genesis of Rogue Chozo?
We've known that the Chozo were a warrior race before they became peaceful for years now, and the games have also made it clear that there are many Chozo civilisations out there. One or several of them still being warlike is a pretty logical extension of what we already know, and people were theorising that they could show up for a while before Samus Returns actually implemented the idea.

Nobody said the Prime games weren't canon. Is there a serious problem with reading comp in this thread?

>(Sakamoto? I forget) said that the Prime games take place "in their own timeline", which is a classic nipponic politeness for "we can't stand these western games polluting our bland magical girl setting".
>Sakamoto was involved with SR
>SR features Ridley, [doing away with the notion of "in their own timeline"]

Attached: Tucker takes on.gif (392x241, 1.48M)

Perhaps I'm sour on the idea because of how mediocre Samus Returns was. I really hope they pull it off, but SR has me fucking nervous.

I am pretty sure he never actually said that.