It's a lets make a video game director uncomfortable episode

youtube.com/watch?v=Lj3iXziLnlU

Attached: super-mario-maker-2-nintendo-direct-how-watch-start-time.jpg (708x472, 71K)

>gayflag avatar
Im out

>Would you ever let us make an overworld map in Super Mario Maker
>I would like that

>Is it gonna be in Super Mario Maker 2
>I wonder
Tezuka is pretty based, so I hope the content updates for SMM2 end up putting SMM1 to shame.

>0:48

I hope that wasn't lost in translation.

more like retarded westerner tries to contaminate a pure japanese person again with this retarded ideas
I fucking hate the west Japan please close your borders to the outside world completely again before you re destroyed

>no mystery mushroom costumes
Shit game.

this guy directed a ton of my favorite childhood games but i sometimes forget he even exists. why does it seem like he doesn't get as much fame as other classic nintendo directors like miyamoto, kondo, anouma, etc?

Same, I really hope they add overworld maps.

He should have asked harder questions like why there's still no trans character in Mario games. It would have been hilarious to see how this old jap guy would react to such questions.

He's just not as public as Miyamoto or Aonuma. Kondo isn't very outward either, but the internet tossed his name around enough that his name has achieved fame even among normies. Tezuka said himself in this video that he even sees himself as more of a producer these days, falling deeper into the shadows.

Because he's no con man. He just never tried to pretend to be the guy that made everything essential about his games like those guys have done.

>Are you a good sport
>まぁ、アーノ、スポーツが得意ですか
>駄目です
Stopped right here. What's the point if the translator is fucking retarded.

>muh childhood

Attached: 1515419737803.gif (726x400, 1.13M)

>being THIS much of a giant self-hating white guilt cuck

Based retard.

lmao you're right.

What did the translator say?

tezuka is based for making SMM2 in general
>make a mediocre level designer game to give the WiiU some clout and get the kaizo boner going
>its a massive hit and people want more
>fuck it give them nearly everything they wanted and more
>want to go even further so people can just flat out make their own mario games

are you good at sports

WTF =D

lol

WHERE IS THE FROG/HAMMER SUIT?
WHERE ARE ALL THE NSMB POWER UPS?
WHERE ARE THE MARIO LAND POWER UPS?
WHERE IS THE MELON SLICE THAT LETS YOU RUN UP WALLS?
WHERE ARE THE CHUCKS?
WHY DID YOU REMOVE LANKY MARIO?
WHERE ARE THE NIPPERS, SWOOPERS, TORPEDO TEDS, REX's BLARGS, AND BALL AND CHAINS?
WHERE ARE THE BOWER STATUES THAT SPIT FIREBALLS, LASERS AND JUMP?
WHERE ARE THE DOWN AND ! BLOCKS THAT CHANGE DIRECTION WHEN YOU JUMP?

YOU LAZY JAP!

>nearly everything they want
smw/smb3 hacks will never die because nintendo will never port their physics/all the items from them.

the fact is when you play smm you are play NSMB with a smb/smb3/smw coat of paint

redundant/saved for updates

Frog suit is the biggest omission.

they should also really really add big boo, reznor and at least some of the koopa kids from smb3/smw so you can *actually* have boss fights that aren't a variation of bowser

>all that shit
>redundant
how? which is redundant? okay like the bunny suit from land is redundant because it's a shit version of the racoon suit.

most of that shit is in no way redundant or replaced in any capacity though

you have boom boom and bowser jr., but i agree with you

bowser jr. is a variation of bowser essentially

and if boom boom is like smb3 then it's unfair to call him a boss. it's more like a victory lap

I want these things too, but screaming about it on an anonymous image board will unfortunately not change anything.

Attached: 1550109856105.png (269x193, 64K)

if i remember right bowser jr. acts completely different than bowser, but i could be wrong. and boom boom definitely counts as a boss, or at least a mini-boss.

Mario Maker isn't meant to replace rom hacking.

yeah like you can jump on him and shit but at the end of the day it's still just a different version of bowser.

nintendo definitely thinks it is. you think they made this for their health? they see that romhacking is huge and want a piece.

and the post I was replying to was talking about "giving players everything they want and more" because if they actually did that they'd kill romhacking

the koopalings exist in 3 styles already. If they want to dripfeed content, they'd be a nice choice.

if anything your suggestions are even more like bowser. reznor is just a stationary boss that shoots fireballs. koopalings are pretty similar to bowser jr. i don't really see your point, you may as well not add anymore bosses because at the end of the day it's still just a different version of bowser.

>wojak xD

Attached: 1555993856173.jpg (640x548, 46K)

Koizumi is the most underrated one and from what ive gathered he is as talented as miyamoto and tezuka
Im glad to see hes getting more attention lately

Attached: 1559101008068.gif (483x195, 1.33M)

He is a producer and oversees the Switch, it is a shame he probably won’t direct games anymore. He’s responsible for all the cool shit in Majora’s Mask and he storybook in Galaxy. He could make some great shit now that he is big enough to work without Miyamoto cockblocking him, but he most be too busy with producing stuff for it.

Is he the Rosalina guy? He's my favorite.

Bump

So what do you guys think of the odds of them adding overworld maps SMM2?

low

>Miyamoto cockblocking him
Based retard. He's basically Miyamoto's protégé. He was specifically chosen by Miyamoto to take over his position, especially for Mario and Zelda. Keep pushing your boogieman theories for no reason, though.

what does miyamoto even do anymore? certainly not pikmin 4

fucker