This blue motherfucker is 28 years old today

This blue motherfucker is 28 years old today.
What are your hopes and expectations for the next mainline Sonic game, Yea Forums?

Attached: PyonSukis - 1142115375473147906.jpg (1024x962, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8IgwFNwHV6M
youtu.be/OynNsybKvqk
youtu.be/uiiAlLHUB50
youtu.be/vkpErV1nGk8
youtu.be/3CR6kKsy_LA
youtu.be/6l1HUDuzyrk
youtu.be/Hxe9j_Ud234
youtu.be/-i48H1N_ze8
youtu.be/rQY7nUSXZBo
youtu.be/aSltAPHODlU
youtu.be/6_uCgVEqXXA
youtu.be/MCGfbGIQaAc
youtu.be/Jrb6leen4vc
youtube.com/watch?v=ayRfBp_ibeE
youtube.com/watch?v=0gA6Mdk26wQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tly9vbrKvcE
youtube.com/watch?v=j4OBe-rONR4&list=PL3EA8C6B0442870EE&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=klQ2K1iZkgM&list=PL3EA8C6B0442870EE&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=Rtl05_8l2UA&index=9&list=PL3EA8C6B0442870EE
youtube.com/watch?v=zF8E5FxuGcU
youtube.com/watch?v=NUy2bFdlsGY
youtube.com/watch?v=WPMVGikcFTs
youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8mrzYYrUE
youtube.com/watch?v=WdYnv8uLFWw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ir5YCUO5IHo
sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Mania/Gallery
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hopes
something thats not shit
>expectations
something that is shit

Attached: tails.jpg (400x300, 63K)

A 2d one but it'll probably be a continuation of sonic forces

what the fuck went wrong, they had me at generations, it wasnt perfect, but they had me.
I will never trust them, will never wait anything from sega ever again.

Attached: 1504672394171.png (1000x1246, 724K)

I've heard the idea of sonics fanbase growing older so sega makes the games more "mature." Just a theory but I believe it

>What are your hopes and expectations for the next mainline Sonic game, Yea Forums?
I think Sonic Mania success and the backlash of the movie designs is making Sega hopefully realize that they're fucking up. Sonic 06 was a disaster and then Unleashed happened which is my favorite 3D Sonic game. It almost seems like Sega is running out of things.
Sega has also gained control of the comics and over sees things more closely now. so there's hope.
Shame we'll never see Scourge or Eclipse in a game though

Attached: Eclipse_the_Darkling_(3D_Model).png (930x1569, 1.22M)

Mature? Kid, you're fucking stupid if you think that.
Haven't you noticed during the 90's game Sonic was known for attitude?
2000's he was all all "serious" then around 2004 started to get more about "team work" or some shit. Look at Sonic Forces and Sonic Team Racing.

Sonic forces featured prisons and an edglord boss. And yes I know he was all about 'tude in the 90s which was when most fans were kids now that they've grown up, like I said, they don't want to feel like creeps for playing a kids game so sega makes it more mature cunt

sonic adventure 2 had prisons and edgelord bosses too.

>tfw it's too late
>zoomers only know Sonic through memes
>Sonic has been getting less and less new fans over the years
>Old fans can't be bothered to put up with this shit anymore
>The most positive public perception of Sonic is that of a lovable loser

Attached: 1458871874777.png (637x464, 592K)

>Literally talking out of his ass.
Child, Sonic has had prison levels before. That doesn't mean anything.
There's literally an area in Sonic Adventure 1 called "Red Mountain" in act two you go down into the lava pits and there's prisoners down there.

False, there are many kid that like Sonic thanks to Mania and Forces

>Hopes
It's Not another Nostalgia Wankfest and they actually have the balls to create fresh, ambitious ideas for Sonic game with the care and effort to make them come to life.

>Expectation
Another glorified fan game with reused levels or an SA1 remaster that goes horribly wrong.

>so there's hope.
If you are a genuine fan of awfully boring comics that always lead to nowhere, occupied by even more new 1-dimensional characters cluttering much more the bloated cast, and managed by a writer where its only quality is not being Ken Penders, then I guess you can say that.

Attached: Way Past Hilarious.jpg (672x424, 49K)

mania is bigger with zoomers than you think.
They love all the indie shit, so mania's style blew them away and won a lot of followers.

Sonic is unironically fine, but sega is trying REALLY HARD and i mean REALLY FUCKING HARD to destroy him.

I hope they make another Adventure game or another boost game with only boost levels but fuck man I just know they're gonna continue fucking up and making stupid shit nobody likes.

>Sonic games arent released on its birthday anymore

Not even this they get right

Why the fuck isn't Unleashed ported to PC yet or at the very least an Xbone X patch.

Attached: 1554788442970.png (248x265, 77K)

>Sonic is older than me by 3 months

I don't like this feel.

A chao only game with maybe a chao race in it based on a sonic level or something.

>If you are a genuine fan of awfully boring comics that always lead to nowhere
I guess I am. I guess I'm a fan of alot of comics then by that statement.
>occupied by even more new 1-dimensional characters cluttering much more the bloated cast
When world building I think it's great to expand the universe of said characters. It makes his world more interesting.
>and managed by a writer where its only quality is not being Ken Penders, then I guess you can say that.
Ken Penders is the reason shit became what it did at the end of the Archie's run. I have never liked his world even as a kid.

>and Forces
Forces fucking flopped (by SEGA's standards) and they've been trying to bury that shit under the rug along with 06. Expect another Lost World 2 because Kishimoto won't stop jerking off Zavok.

>hopes
no more nostalgia pandering
>expectations
nostalgia pandering

Attached: 1554558753633.png (720x1215, 729K)

Wondering the same thing. Hell, you would think they would want to make games like Unleashed, Colors, and Generations accessible on current gen consoles, but SEGA hates easy money, so

Get rid of the modern sonic design and stick with the classic model used in Generations. Sonic returns to being a mute and get rid of voice acting.

>and they've been trying to bury that shit under the rug along with 06.
Citation needed

Nothing. At least for a while.
I want Sega to forget about Sonic for a bit and make games for all their other IPs.
I want a Skies of Acadia, a Crazy Taxi, a House of the Dead on console.
Fucking anything over this fuck-awful, autism-addled, furfaggotry-laden, piece of shit franchise.

>no references to Forces since the game's release
>not even in the tie-in mobile game that has had its playerbase demanding playable Infinite and Gadget since its release
>Infinite nor Gadget were in TSR
>neither one will be in the new Olympic Games
>but fan favorite character Zavok is in both

I want another Shinobi. And the date for SoR4

>It's 2019
>Sonic's "modern design"
>It's been 20 years now
>People are still upset over green eyes
My god, shut the fuck up already

>hopes
a reboot, another classic game from the mania team or another lost world style game with tightened controls, bigger and better level design and less nostalgia pandering. hell, maybe make a game that isn't sonic for once.
>expectations
sonic forces 2

Attached: 1541128880998.png (828x431, 552K)

This guy gets it.

>tfw you are a year older than sonic

heh, try keep up lil' guy

Attached: Gillan-slightly-smug-author-photo.jpg (1406x1125, 174K)

I think you responded to the wrong user, because my post specifically referred to games featuring Modern Sonic

>Sonic franchise
>Hope

>>no references to Forces since the game's release
There hasn't been a game since forces you fucking moron. Also it's referenced in the comics.
>>not even in the tie-in mobile game that has had its playerbase demanding playable Infinite and Gadget since its release
And?
>>Infinite nor Gadget were in TSR
There's a lot of characters missing from TSR
>>neither one will be in the new Olympic Games
They're not well known. Zavok wasn't in another game til years later.
>>but fan favorite character Zavok is in both
Yeah because he's well established now.

SA2 is 18 today as well. Happy birthday to best boy & best girl.

Attached: bazooka_shadow_by_chickenramendevi-dcmzxom.png (1000x1200, 490K)

I did sorry

Attached: 1553642037504.png (1200x960, 961K)

No problem. Happens to us all

Attached: Mania_Sonic_promotional.png (524x680, 259K)

I bet you think Mephiles is coming back too

Mephiles was planned to be in Forces.

The comics take place after the events of Forces. The series story is based on the games. The only way mephiles is coming back is if time travel or someone finding the very thing in present time to bring him back.

FPBP

Honestly...and this may be me talking outta my ass...but I'm convinced that SoJ never cared about Sonic and only views him as a means to an end. Probably cuz they could never sell Sonic in Japan but he sells better in America & Europe.

To them, Sonic is just a way to fund revenue into their real projects, like arcade games, waifu games and Yakuza.

Speaking of shit that fucking SoJ don't care about but the West does:

if you haven't notice, a lot of the old IP revivals (including Mania) are coming from western studios. They just announced a Panzer Dragoon remake but it's from some indie Western studio.

Outta all of those games, SEGA of Japan will only touch Skies (cuz they're trying to bring back their JRPG department with New Sakura Wars and the Valkyrie team knows fans want another Skies) and HotD (Which they did already, but it's only for Jap arcades). I doubt they'll bother with another Shinobi.

SoJ don't care about old IP unless it's JRPG or an Arcade game.

>hopes
Sonic Generations 2, Sonic Mania 2, Sonic Adventure 3, Sonic Unleashed PC port (so anons finally shut the fuck up about it), or a brand new mainline Sonic game that's actually good
>expectations
Another Sonic mobile game, a severely lackluster Sonic Adventure 3, and probably Sonic Mania 2 just so they can give themselves an easy win.

Attached: 8a048791a4c699a7fceb8c3c4053762b.png (514x796, 121K)

>the comics
Sonic Team has always been hands off with the comics aside from bullshit mandates

Attached: image.jpg (640x238, 52K)

There is no logic in Sonic. They brought back Blaze and Silver from different dimensions or timelines like it is walking from one road to the other side.

BRING BACK SONIC RUNNERS WITH AT LEAST A BETTER GACHA SYSTEM YOU FUCKS

Attached: 1495827899013.png (560x551, 274K)

That's not true at all.

Blaze is from a different dimension, Silver is from a different time line. Blaze met Silver in the future (somehow)

>he doesn't know
we're going home youtu.be/8IgwFNwHV6M

youtu.be/8IgwFNwHV6M

Sonic Mania 2 but with original stages

>That's not true at all.
>doesn't try and explain why that is

Attached: 1552926498878.gif (480x270, 204K)

I'm playing a game. I'm not going to sit here and spoon feed you. You don't have ti believe me I'm not that concerned if you don't know the facts or not.

That one doesn't get made

> I'm not that concerned if you don't know the facts or not.
>keeps posting despite "playing a game"
Nobody on Yea Forums plays games, faggot.

>When world building I think it's great to expand the universe of said characters. It makes his world more interesting.
I know, and I agree. However, absolutely none of this has been apparent in the new mediocre comic (and this is affecting the games recently too). The comic instead insists on forcing more of continuities down to our throats right away, where they have been unnecessarily sluggish, continuing and continuing for more than 2 or 3 issues until only god knows when will it end.

Meanwhile, the early Archie Sonic comics, for example, were able to present a lot of content such as world-building and continuities WHILE still being short, either by a spin-off mini-series of 3 issues or by 2 or 3 main issues. In a few words, they were short and sweet successfully.

Ah, and it also doesn't help much that the established world-building and similar things from Archie Sonic, at least as off post-softreboot, were completely lost. This leaves a huge sour taste in the tongue, and it makes it harder to have any tiny hope on IDW Sonic successfully presenting its kind of world-building and universe that will favor me and some others.

In fact, better yet, I may as well just admit it outright that I don't want to see IDW Sonic and its attempts at expanding its universe, since I know I will totally be disappointed.

>Ken Penders is the reason shit became what it did at the end of the Archie's run.
Not just Ken Penders, but Archie, for his messy organization and incompetency at handling contracts as well risking a lot by sueing Penders, and SEGA, for sleeping away and not noticing that there was something wrong with the comics as soon as possible, are also responsible for Archie Sonic turning into a hot big baby abstract mess, and eventually having to be cancelled unfortunately.

>I have never liked his world even as a kid.
Nor did I, so I agree with you. In fact, a greatly majority of Archie Sonic fans never liked Ken's world too.

Attached: 1551317665994.png (316x434, 305K)

It's called waiting for the lobby to fill ..
>Nobody on Yea Forums plays games, faggot.
And apparently you don't read either so leave the fucking thread and get educated.

After Iizuka's recent interview about 2021 being the "next big year" for Sonic I expect another shitty anniversary Modern Sonic game with Classic Sonic shoehorned in.

You wanted to educate people on the comics so why aren't you doing it yourself? Don't be a fag and come into a thread telling people they're wrong and then get mad them for expecting you to explain why. Don't be a lazy faggot and hide behind
>b-b-but I'm playing a game
You're basically just running with your tail between your legs because you know you can't. You know the comics are basically non-canon. Who gives a fuck if Suck the Cock is a character in the comics because Sonic Team sure as fuck doesn't.

>Being this butthurt because someone told you you're wrong.
Just read the comics online, jesus christ it's not rocket science.

I'm not sure what you're expecting. It's not like there's several writers for all these characters. IDW has a lot of projects with major franchises. Sonic the Hedgehog'd world could EASILY rival Marvel or DC in terms of backstory and world building. Remember when DC's characters never shared the same universe until like 10 years later or some shit? Everyone is obsessed with "bigger believable worlds" these days. Sonic has always had the potential to do so. They did try to put in new characters and instead of letting them shine they had to put Sonic in it to make sure people would buy the products.

Wrong about what? If Sonic Team gave a fuck about the comics where is Whisper? Where is Tangle? Where were the fucking Freedom Fighters? Just because the comics adapted the games into storylines doesn't make the rest of the shit surrounding that canon. That's like expecting Cosmo the Seedrian to be in a Sonic game just because Sonic X adapted SA1&2.

user, I think you might be retarded. There's been no mainline games since Sonic Forces. What the fuck are you expecting? You're not even making sense. And why shoe horn characters if their playstyle and abilities would get away from the core aspect of the games? Remember when everyone lost their god damn mid how radically different characters had in sonic adventure 1 and 2?
People are completely divided in this fanbase. Some way classic and just sonic. Some want modern and boost and just sonic. Some wants more games with their specific fav character.

If Sega makes a Sonic Mania 2, it's not going to be successful. All the zoomers and boomers were attracted to a new 2D game, but now that the magic is off, it won't be a critical/commercial darling like Mania 1. They need to somehow make 3D fucking works

>What the fuck are you expecting?
You to explain why Infinite and Mephiles were suddenly going to be relevant again just because they were in the comics. You're bringing up unrelated superficial shit when the core of the argument was you claiming that just because the comics did more with the characters than the games, that meant Sonic Team gave a fuck about them. Team Sonic Racing was basically THE point where if Sonic Team actually liked the characters and planned on bringing them back, they would be in it. Instead they REMOVED characters like Espio, Charmy, and Cream and replaced them with shit like Chao and Zavok, who is only constantly brought back because Kishimoto insists on while while Nakamura is still waiting for Iizuka to croak so he can make a Silver the Hedgehog game.

God, can Sega just milk Yakuza already and let SoA handle Sonic games

>same birthday as Sonic

FUCK

>I'm not sure what you're expecting.
If this is what you're saying, then allow me to be completely honest with you:

Nothing, from IDW Sonic. I dislike it overall, there's nothing in it that seems good for me, and I'm not following it anymore. I only liked Mr. Tinker, and that's it.

I only want one thing, and that is cancel IDW Sonic, pick up Archie Sonic, and continue it from its last issue. Simply as that.

Attached: way past uncool.jpg (782x738, 95K)

I never said anything about them being in the comics, I explained how mephiles could be in the comics. The rest is just you ranting about their decision to not make reskins for literally a niche audience who likes Cream and etc.
>He thinks Archie's Sonic is better than IDW.
First of all, the same people in Archie's comic is doing the IDW, secondly the series is more coherent to the games. Third, I have no idea what you're missing in the Archie series IDW can't do. Besides Scourge and Eclipse.

I think it's a bit too late to start doing that, what with the current writers & Twitter crew memeifying the franchise.

Same birthday as Shadow and Rouge, too! You're one lucky user. :)

Attached: tumblr_mtgj68pfHX1sacy85o2_1280.jpg (438x650, 86K)

>First of all, the same people in Archie's comic is doing the IDW
Ian Flynn is not a good writer. He's only good as a janitor. Trust me when I say this.

>secondly the series is more coherent to the games.
That's not something to be secured automatically good. It's neither a good or bad thing. In fact, IDW Sonic is picking off from Forces, and you know exactly what Forces is: a terrible game.

>Third, I have no idea what you're missing in the Archie series IDW can't do.
Short and sweet stories. 'nuff said. As well established world-building, the universe, and the many Archie characters (not counting the ones created by Penders, of course), not just the ones you mention.

Attached: ian.png (1304x1483, 223K)

I don't see the problem with his writing. Sonic runs around and beats up robots. What's the big deal? Most of Archie's series were cringe (especially with Penders involved._
Forces wasn't a terrible game, it was just less steller than other entries. You're being a tad dramatic to call something mediocre as terrible.
In case you forgot, Archie had help thanks to the cartoon series SATAM, then they simply piggy backed off that.
The rest of the universe were not good ideas most of the time. And "nuff said" as an argument point? Really?

All Stars Sega game where every characters take their turn to give a good slap on Tails' ass.

Attached: tumblr_inline_ptd3cxuvHp1r7g3cd_1280.png (305x413, 153K)

Attached: tumblr_ptdcoh7mi31tg41f0_1280.jpg (783x1298, 195K)

Attached: tumblr_ptdcoi277W1tg41f0_1280 (1).jpg (799x1158, 193K)

>give a good slap on Tails' ass
Tails is a good boy though.

Attached: 1532302276638.png (500x410, 198K)

>tfw you're 2 years older than Sonic

>Amy looks cooler than Sonic
When did everything go so wrong

Try being 6 years older.

>Tails
>good boy

Attached: file.png (476x143, 117K)

That it won't exist.

I have only played one Sonic game and it was the first one on Genesis.

He was simply asking a question.

Attached: 1558381512805.png (644x313, 306K)

Shadow's daddies are dead and Tails knows this.

I really want Adventure 3 but that's just a pipe dream at this point now.

Did they appeal to autists on purpose to try and save their shitty series?

Why even be in this thread?

We think a lot of things are dead in the series. We thought Might and Ray were missing, but they're back. We thought Metal Sonic in Sonic CD was destroyed but we find out he was reactivated in Sonic 4 and showing up later in the timeline in Sonic Adventure 1 only to somehow become Metal Overlord and is defeated...again.
We think Eggman is destroyed multiple times. We thought Shadow was dead too. Just saying...

>I think Sonic Mania success and the backlash of the movie designs is making Sega hopefully realize that they're fucking up.
They're not going to realize shit
>Sonic 06 was a disaster and then Unleashed happened which is my favorite 3D Sonic game
Which was also flawed and they didn't learn anything from it.
>Muh Colors! Muh Generations!
Flukes as evidence by the fact that the gamea that followed them immediately after were fucking shit because Sonic Team had no idea why people liked those games to begin with

I like how you made wild assumptions what I meant. I have no idea why you bothered replying to me.

What was the first post in response for? Seems like there's some context missing.

>If it releases for current gen: (Lost World 3)
>hopes
The best parts of Lost World and Forces and as much polish as possible
>expectations
Somehow worse than both combined

>If it releases next gen: (new formula and 30th anniversary title)
>hopes
No Boost, no 2d, no reused zones, basically a new take on Adventure era formula
>expectations
Total flop like Lost World and ‘06

Sonic was always a bad franchise, including classic

Name a better 2D platformer

Sega Superstars Tennis, Billy Hatcher and Sonic Riders on Steam fucking when? The first got a MacOS version and the other two are perfectly playable natively on Windows 10, they just need some hex fuckery to get modern resolutions running.

Attached: C328519EDC8F4FC69E51A06351818DD2.jpg (235x283, 8K)

Captain Claw

Is that resume supposed to be impressive? Was that reply supposed to be a "gotcha bitch!"? That's a very weak and unimpressive history.

Attached: michi btfo.png (603x482, 435K)

I hope they just give full control to the Mania guys and continue the series in that format from now on.

>Is that supposed to be impressed?
Nigger that's pretty good considering he hasn't been in the comic industry that long. What the fuck is wrong with you? What have you accomplished in comparison?

>hopes
To stop trying to write sonic as a horrible comedy this shit ran thin during colors
>expectations
more pandering with some more FUNNY meta jokes

Well, while we wait for Sonic Team to wet the bed again in two years by spending all of their development time on Sonic's shoe-buckle shader rather than make an actual video game, we can at least play some decent fangames, right? My best time on HIlltop Zone is 00:50:01. Beat that, slow-mos

Attached: Sonic GT - Hilltop Run (Birthday Edition) - Part 1.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

That model was shit

>The color of his eyes is the reason that the games are bad
Go back to 2002.

These seems like a direct response to the atrocities that were going on beforehand, and I honestly cannot blame them for pushing them down.

SRB2Kart HD

>>but fan favorite character Zavok is in both
>>Yeah because he's well established now.
That's the entire point user was trying to make with character references. If Infinite, Gadget, or even Chaos showed up TSR or if they had Iizuka to confirm that Infinite will come back and explain what happened at the Sonic Forces climax, we'd be seeing him again.

I remember some anons saying that the reason they made a high-detailed yet unused Chaos render was to promote the character with a SA1 remaster or at least bring him to the Olympics so they could use him in the opening cutscene. It feels like a slap to Adventure fans since his "comeback" was a lie.

Attached: Chaos.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

Chaos isn't an actual character though. He's a mutated chao.
Who the fuck is Gadget?

How should Sonic look?
And why no games had a surf Rock OST?

Attached: D9rL7qAUwAEQ5OV.jpg (960x1280, 246K)

Attached: D9rLx8_UIAA5fNA.jpg (1500x1500, 435K)

so, what the fuck happened here? did nintendo get creative control half way through or something?

Attached: slwpc.jfif.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

I hope he finally dies with his entire cancerous autistic fanbase.

How is it possible to not release a good game in decades and somehow still be alive?

Because you're jaded and the games do not meet up to your specific expectations.
Haters are just as autistic as the ones who adore said franchises.

by releasing Team Sonic racing just one month ago, gay faggot.

Attached: D9sWU_dXoAIzvcl (1).jpg (2048x1418, 448K)

fpbp

>responding to the irl sloth

If Nintendo had creative control, they wouldn't make 80% of the game play nothing like the first fucking level in favor of gimmick one of bullshit.

?

Attached: 1560805429933.jpg (2713x1221, 680K)

The last big years for Sonic was between
Golden Age - 1991-1994 - Original &K release dates
Silver Age - 1999-2003 - Adventure to Heroes/Advance/Voice actors replaced
Bronze Age - 2004-2009 - Decline from Shadow to Colors/Voice actors replaced

And then you got a whole decade of the shit we have now with Generations and Mania not counting since it reuses everything from the Golden Age to make it good.

Attached: classic_sonic.png (755x1058, 408K)

>Sega hopefully realize that they're fucking up
If they hadn't realized it since 06 they're not gonna do it now

Attached: 64540889_2870658126283941_3481083534712504320_n.jpg (212x216, 6K)

>What are your hopes and expectations for the next mainline Sonic game, Yea Forums?
for it to be shit cause the only entertaining thing about sonic games is the autistic fanbase who plays trash slow boring games just cause the character is edgy.

Hard to swallow pill: there has not been a single good sonic game ever made.

>Oldfag Sonic fans:2D Sonic is the greatest 3D Sonic sucks
>Semi oldfags: 3D Sonic is great Sonic Adventure is solid but fuck this 2D mechanics
>Newfags: Sonic Generations is awesome
The fanbase is never going to be happy because they will not grow up with it. They will never accept anything less than the game they played when they were teenagers.

Megaman 11 made bank and if Sega was competent at 2.5d without gimmicks, I'm sure Mania 2 could sell. But Sonic 4 and the lack of Rush 3 kills it for the fans who are now old enough to buy their children's games.

I have no idea how you don't see what they tried to do in Unleashed, Colors and Generations. Despite people's gripes about Forces being mediocre, it's not like a Sonic 06 situation, not even in the slightest.

That can be said about literally any franchise.

Oh yes

This is what the mach speed sections in 06 should have been.

>House of the Dead
My nigga

>Hopes
A game that emulates Unleashed in terms of gameplay and tone and really iterates and improves on the boost level design.
>Expectations
A very lame, bad game that's trying too hard to be Colors while missing what actually worked about Colors.

Ironically the NSMB series and every 2D Mario before that. It's so consistent, they make back their profit selling two level makers because they don't need to develop a game anymore.

I hope Sega gives us a Mania Maker with options to use Advance/Rush level sprites.

>Mania comes out and people feel hopeful again
>Forces ruins that
>Plus fixes it for a little bit
>now the lacklusterness of TSR and the movie have put us back in a drought we havent seen since 2014
Goddammit.

>NSMB series
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>music start playing
>lol! Bwahbwhabwha Bwha Bwah!

Does anyone else find it funny that Sonic could easily die? Unlike Crash and Spyro who have returned Sonic is not a normal type of platformer game. His gimmick is speed and speed alone. So he's stuck with that and any deviation from gotta go fast means the fanbase won't buy. Now take Crash and Spyro, since they're more traditional platformers they can expand into different types of ideas for game mechanics because platformers generally lend themselves to such a thing after all, Ratchet doesn't play like Jak and Jak doesn't play like Sly and you get where I'm going with this.

It feels like Sonic is officially trapped and this one note aspect to his game design is what WILL kill him in the long run.

Sonic 06 was more enjoyable than Forces

I think the movie looks kinda cute, besides Sonic's wack design, and they're gonna fix that, so. It might be fine?

>His gimmick is speed and speed alone

Attached: 1551803052416.jpg (245x315, 23K)

>hopes
Is it even possible anymore?
>expectations
More pain and suffering.

Attached: 1561270132334.jpg (2673x1374, 420K)

Why are you lying, on the internet?

It's funny you mention Spyro and Crash, two franchises that just came back in good health due to them bringing make the classics while ignoring everything else that came after.
You can hate on Sonic all you want but Crash and Spyro have just been recently revived into their original forms.
Skylanders was semi popular due to the collectible nature of the figures and most kids didn't even know who the fuck Spyro even was. There was even a cross over episode in the Skylanders show with Crash and my friend's kids had no idea who the fuck Crash was either.

Attached: DgWxBSpUYAAMVOj.jpg large.jpg (811x313, 56K)

>Sonic game bad, music good
>Mario game good, music bad
One of these is not true.

Another adventure game with Sonic, Shadow and Silver.
What it's most likely going to be: HAHA MEMES, CLASSIC SONIC. PONTAFF WRITING.
I loved Sonic mania but stop shoving classic Sonic in every fucking game.

He appears in a video game adaptation of Mario gets old

Attached: flash_123776[1].gif (140x90, 4K)

You're 100% right, the mascot so ingrained into video games himself, the only video game character to ever say he dethroned Mario, the king of gaming at one point, and at one point, was the most recognisable mascot in the entire world will "die."

He's survived 06, and Boom, and survived ALL of the characters you brought up, death, and rebirth, and still going. He has countless years, an autistic fanbase that will buy every shit game he ever puts outs, but, Sonic the Hedgehog can "easily die."

Sonic the Hedgehogs, GREATEST FUCKING CURSE, user, is that he -can't- die. That is one of the most misinformed, silly posts I've ever seen. We're not talking about a Ratchet and Clank, we're not talking about a Sly cooper, and fuck it, we're not even talking about a Banjo Kazooie.

We're talking about -the- Sonic the Hedgehog, it doesn't matter what he's meme'd into and what he's turned into, he is ingrained into gaming. Sonic will not die as long as video games exist, becuase the fanbase, new and old, will always fuel him. Unironically, "Sonic could easily die?" is one of the dumbest things you could possibly say. I'm not even saying we'll ever get a good Sonic game ever again, but death, is too good of a god damn blessing for us. I love how, zoomers have been mislead with so much shit about Sonic, they truly, truly do not know his legacy, and what/who he was, at one point.

If you think Sonic the Hedgehog can "easily die" you have unironically, missed the entire point.

Attached: [email protected] (1000x1000, 169K)

>It's funny you mention Spyro and Crash, two franchises that just came back in good health due to them bringing make the classics while ignoring everything else that came after.
It isn't just that. There was care put into it. Care that Sonic Team simply doesn't put into, despite the team being named after the franchise. That same care is lacking in the company as well. Team Sonic Racing came out a month ago and SEGA and Sumo hasn't said a word about pushing out a patch to fix the online issues with the game. CTR launched on Thursday night with a broken online mode. An hour in and they said they were looking into it, and not even 24 hours later, the game is patched and the online is functional and solid. SEGA just sends these games out to die now. They don't care.

He's right, you know. Sonic is the proverbial cockroach of gaming. He could get the worst game of all time, even worse than 06/boom, and it would only sell amazing, JUST to see how shit it is. It won't die, and never will. That is the true meaning of the cursed Sonic timeline.

Attached: 1528233516531.jpg (236x177, 11K)

Crash's bugs were way more severe than STR though.

Good pasta.
I'd say giving his first bad game shonen troupes and capitalizing on trends, like emo edgy the hedgehog saved him from the fall.
Now even Boom made back it's money because fans insist that the TV was good when it's "everyone makes fun at themselves" the show designed for preschoolers in the morning.

This fanbase will continue to play with Classic's corpse until he revived in Generations and Mania. And for all the boost haters out there, there will always be fangames that appeal to that base. If Sega C&Ds every fangame, mod, or hack the Nintendo way, then the hedgehog will finally die.

Attached: eiunueS.jpg (1366x768, 119K)

I only care about mania 2 at this point since there hasn't been a good 3d sonic game since unleashed or colors.

>Microsoft killed any future BC updates for Xbone in favor of new console.
>Sonic 06 is forever stuck on the 360
It may be a dumpster fire, but I still want to play it on a console that isn't destined to die on a moment's notice.

Attached: 1559651108121.png (640x480, 363K)

I literally just typed this up right now, it isn't pasta, user.

You can't even get a full lobby going in TSR without it closing it due to network error. Hell, half the time the races end because of network errors. If that's not severe, I don't know what is.

What are you playing on?

Attached: 1475889667956.gif (500x377, 317K)

>haha, look what I found on my synthe!
>bwah bwah! ha ha, it's only even more epic lol, my dudes!
>what about more of it? bwah bwah bwah

It is now.
- /sthg/

Attached: 1438029341448.png (847x1047, 1.22M)

>quickly go to /sthg/
>people talking about sissy shadow and posting gay shit
>bumping the thread alive with sonic feet pictures

Enjoy the meal user, I know you guys could do with it.

Attached: Dbjv3S1XUAAacFc.jpg (828x544, 63K)

why does that general even exist if they just crosspost here all the time anyway?

>28 years old
>depicted as a geezer
>I'm 28 too
Fuck.

Attached: 1475868603399.jpg (909x1280, 498K)

M2 is the best oldschool game company out there and it is Sega. Also they work on games made by other companies

the only thing keeping it alive, is gay posting, user. it's hell. there is no discussion there kek. they hate on Yea Forums but come here knowing its the only place to discuss shit even half assed.

To keep the autism contained. Plus unlike horse show and pokemon, we can't have our own board so we can categorize autism and keep classic/adventure/modern shitposters to themselves.

/sthg/ is like 60-75% shitposting.

>two 28 year olds thinking they're geezers
>I'm 34

Attached: 1539842398471.gif (480x361, 263K)

A remake of the Sonic Adventure games and a remaster of Unleashed on PC and PS4/XB1 so that the game can run properly.
Because a new idea will just be fucking shit

Attached: sayonara shadow.jpg (550x600, 71K)

I could easily make topics on the general board, I just didn't know if people would like hearing what I would like to talk about desu.

we're all gonna make it brah

You don't want to do that. Talk about your favorite game and they'll shit all over it no matter what year. Talk about any comic or show and there's a war for that to. And it's the same 80 anons who post in each general about the same shit over and over again and unfunny sthg memes. Double-chan has a better Sonic general, but less posters means the thread is slow for an entire week, while sthg burns 3 threads a day.

i needed an excuse to post music. thanks user
youtu.be/OynNsybKvqk
youtu.be/uiiAlLHUB50
youtu.be/vkpErV1nGk8
youtu.be/3CR6kKsy_LA
youtu.be/6l1HUDuzyrk
youtu.be/Hxe9j_Ud234
youtu.be/-i48H1N_ze8
youtu.be/rQY7nUSXZBo
youtu.be/aSltAPHODlU
youtu.be/6_uCgVEqXXA
youtu.be/MCGfbGIQaAc
youtu.be/Jrb6leen4vc

Attached: boo.gif (672x398, 1.07M)

you could, but it wouldn't get discussion apart from hate and shitposting, you know that user.

I figured I'd make a ton of Sonic topics on Yea Forums today. I've been holding back all year to talk about the games, fan theories etc.

/sthg/ is a gaychad general for gay Shadow discussion

Attached: shadow__3_by_chibidoodlez_d6hhvc1.png (1200x1600, 1.76M)

I actually still feel hopeful in another 2D game by evening star, it just needs to be completely new. That and we don't know when they'll do it either. But what would be good new locale ideas? I always wanted a place modeled after a shopping mall or something.

Attached: 1559894526763.jpg (1440x1080, 859K)

Good luck. If it isn't Smash, it's automatic page 5-6 and dies with less than 100 original posters.

>>zoomers only know Sonic through memes
Nigga, everyone knows Sonic through memes. Nobody is that retarded to actually have played and be a Sonicfan post 90's, right?

They might as well make a fucked up M rated Sonic game. Its not like Sonic games in general could be any worse. It would atleast be funny to see some retarded shit like that.

Thrill Kill Kult need to make a Sonic OST once for all:
youtube.com/watch?v=ayRfBp_ibeE

All I want is a third season for Sonic Boom bros. That show was a hit and miss but when it hit it was funny as shit. The tv series and Sonic Mania were the best thing to come out of sonic in the last 15 years. They had a whole episode mocking Chris Chan for fucks sake, this shit was pure gold and its sad to see it cancelled.
youtube.com/watch?v=0gA6Mdk26wQ

Thanks for the morale boost

Attached: tumblr_p73a71CRDT1rlr3s7o3_1280.jpg (971x748, 83K)

>not the shorts

Attached: D5CKLPtUcAE644g.webm (456x502, 366K)

You'd think Evening Star should follow Freedom Planet's idea and make their own "Sonic-inspired" series so they wouldn't have to wait for Sega to tell them what to do on their free time.
Also there's a few locales never tried yet.
A cornfield, a tiny world in a living room, an inside body adventure, an underground fight club, a Nascar speedway with loops, and a giant clockwork level.

The TSR shorts felt weak as fuck and the jokes dragged on forever. What a waste of talent and budget.

just give me adventures three or generations 2. wtf sega

your mom is a waste of talented air

Attached: D5CKLPtUcAE644g2x.webm (456x502, 367K)

Who the fuck asked for a comedic series about a cartoon animal? Everyone would want either videogame adaptions with high-budget anime money or even the Archie series getting entire sagas on television. Sonic the OVA will always be the best and they canceled that pilot and approved X and this garbage. Fuck no.

>Who the fuck asked for a comedic series about a cartoon animal?
is this nigger serious?

Attached: 725px-Looney_Tunes_Logo.png (725x600, 409K)

>post the superior looney toons
Yep, then what's the point using Sonic when he's supposed to be cool and not funny? They stretch the brand too thin and the entire show makes fun of themselves with terrible skip-frame animation.

I just want Modern Sonic to fucking die already.

Could this faggot at least tried to imitate Jason Griffith? Roger Craig Smith fucking sucks and this guy does a whiny version of him but with more voice cracks.

that clockwork idea especially sounds cool.

A TrackMania inspired 3D Sonic maker would be cool. But the physics need to be perfect for it.

Attached: trackmania-turbo-cover.jpg (857x1209, 623K)

Rouge game!

>trackmania
based, I used to love the stadium and canyon days.

Attached: sonic03_32.png (586x760, 258K)

Nothing. It just get's worse and worse everyday.

Attached: 1559691758597.png (542x478, 101K)

StealthPlateformer
it's not that hard

Attached: D9kcDdEXoAAnPDf.jpg (1920x1079, 168K)

BATMAN COMBAT. ARKHAM GADGETS. ROUGE IS BATMAN.
no kidding, where's Rocksteady and Kickstarter on this?

>it's not that hard
Armchair game designer.

based

>hopes
A good 3d game that is actually fully 3d
>expectations
Boost shit

Attached: 1557399112351.gif (260x300, 1.85M)

Sonic Mania ACT 2 when?

youtube.com/watch?v=tly9vbrKvcE

Something must be coming.

Attached: 1510286684079.jpg (1278x1650, 462K)

so? I'm older than him.

We don't know, user. Nobody knows because Sega refuses to give more details.
If it is a new 2D game though, I just want entirely new things.

Attached: 1560551935878.jpg (256x197, 6K)

>hopes
Remasters and switch ports of gamecube games.

-expectations
Sonic rips off Mario Odyssey as the next big thing and shoves wisps up your ass. The fanbase cheers as usual and eats it up.

Gotta take it easy over that hill old man

Imagine being such a waifufag you actually think Rouge is on the same level as Shadow or even Silver.

My pipe dream is a Team Dark game where Rogue is a stealth/puzzle platformer with lots of gadgets, Omega is Hulk/Prototype-style destruction in big sandboxy levels and Shadow has Boost levels with combat.

Sadly, ShTH being terrible means that'll never happen.

Imagine being a faggot to say no. Go back to Discord and censorship drama.

They'll never be able to top Sonic CD

Rouge is never getting her own game. Amy Rose would sooner get one if Sonic Team ever decided to have a female lead. No, not Blaze because Nakamura insists she be paired with Silver at all times.

>1920x1079
where'd the missing pixel go

Is ANYBODY in the fanbase glad to see wisps at this point? I don't think I've talked to a single person who isn't completely sick of them.

Attached: D8sZluNUYAUwkvV.jpg (1200x827, 169K)

>Is ANYBODY in the fanbase glad to see wisps at this point?

Attached: MorioKishimoto.png (920x1080, 1.92M)

Attached: carwashdoodles_by_omegasunburst_dd9ygj9-fullview.jpg (1280x988, 104K)

>Nakamura is obsessed with Silver
>Kishimoto is obsessed with Zavok and Wisps
>Iizuka is...Iizuka.
Y'know who I miss? Hashimoto.

I'm afraid Sonic might have been my very first video game but I was too young to remember thankfully

Colors was "highly rated" by fucking zoomers. We're stuck with them because they appeal to that culture. We're fucked for anyone born before 2003.

Attached: Wisps.png (821x684, 748K)

Attached: c2727e2d25ecef811867099ff5da95ee.jpg (1000x1067, 365K)

If only Sega would make a full game like this.

In Colors, they fit and were a good addition because Colors was a good game. The problem is every game since Colors has tried to be Colors without being good. So we're just getting increasingly shitty rehashes of it.

Hashimoto is busy making apps now, sigh

Yes, user, if only Sega would make a game that would lose them more money and lose them more faith in the Sonic brand just to satisfy a bunch of horny furfags.

Someone please edit Calart beanmouths to them. Yes, the artstyle for Sonic has noticably gotten lazier since Colors and Unleashed was the last game to have soul

Attached: 521.jpg (500x248, 23K)

Well get a new good game again someday. Team Racing was a pretty cool spin off.

it's just a bonus, bro

Attached: knuckles enough.jpg (993x993, 89K)

at least, some people would satisfied.
Or, you know, another Tails Adventure, now that 2D metroidVania are the hot shit.

Attached: 1560410463200.jpg (1638x2048, 371K)

>mfw I think of what's become of the Hedgehog Engine and the man that made it

Attached: 1555736506673.jpg (591x633, 37K)

*block your path*

Attached: D85NldBVsAErVZ1.jpg (604x470, 49K)

Sonic Team hates Tails now for some reason. I feel like someone on Sonic team sees him the way a lot of Batman fans see Robin, as that annoying kid sidekick that somehow makes the main hero "uncool".

I'll show them!

Attached: D8zVKxuVsAEF4Iv (1).jpg (768x1024, 155K)

>now that lite-roguelikes are the hot shit.
ftfw

Attached: 1561176126597.jpg (1380x1075, 623K)

Which is fucking weird considering they spent two whole games making him not be that anymore.

Attached: 1557773052479.jpg (606x513, 67K)

Tell that to Pontac & Graff

Attached: D8zAQP2VsAACbHU.jpg (225x233, 15K)

How fitting that fans have to be the one to portray him better

Attached: Teamwork.png (1723x1032, 1.94M)

Trust me if I was gonna start telling Pontac and Graff stuff about their writing, we wouldn't get to Tails until somewhere near the middle of the list.

>Be Hashimoto
>make the most ambitious game engine since Source and Unreal Engine
>Fucking consoles can't handle shit and makes a gameplay style no wanted
>leave for Square Enix
>make the Luminous Studio
>it only worked for FFXV, and caused KH3 to be delayed
Poor bastard can't catch a break

Attached: 1536618493100.png (931x521, 204K)

Hey /sthg/, shitposting generals are that way. Stay on topic or the mods will delete yet another Sonic thread.

>he's retired now

Sonic Unleashed development, I could write an actual essay on it and how much of a perfect clusterfuck of glorious technology it was, and how it will never, ever, ever happen again

Attached: Unleashed_dev_038.jpg (960x720, 151K)

>pushes a lighting engine in a sonic game which pushes gaming so far forward that they had to nerf it to run it on the switch

A shame, Ninty didn't come us a powerful console. Obviously sonic sells more on Nintendo consoles, so it'll never fully realize his potential. Not even brining up the fact that -every- sonic game now runs off fucking lost world engine, god damn it.

Attached: Unleashed_dev_120.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

What stops you from jumping to the right at the start, turning around and continue having skipped a ton of the stage?

He's retired? I looked it up and it says he started something called Lizbent a few years ago.

>we could have lived in a timeline that had Sonic Unleashed be an actual good game and the Hedgehog engine could be used in other Sega games like how Valve does it with Source and Source 2
But no....

Attached: WUT.jpg (480x480, 14K)

I still love Sonic Unleashed, you people who sperg about the werehog stages are just fucking retarded.

Sorry for having a different opinion I guess?

I still think to this day if Unleashed was a Sonic/Knuckles game, and oyu just replaced the werehog witgh knuckles, and knuckles pumpin music, it would of went down x10 better and be known as the definitive 3d game, however, that didn't happen. and they turned Sonic

into a werehog….???

Attached: 1528253055965.gif (500x500, 2.46M)

It's Sega's fault that they chose to suck Nintendo's ass after the Dreamcast went under. They should've teamed up with Sony and make Sonic a Playstation mascot.

The only thing we'd lose is Sonic in Smash bros. (Which is debatable because Cloud and Banjo) And all games would have to worry less about graphics holding back a game.

Attached: 6c67dcde05d5b228c1ba937923ab7eaf.jpg (1024x576, 35K)

Eat shit, I personally don't think that Unleashed is as bad as 06 or Shadow, but you're fucking delusional if you think the Werehog and medal collecting didn't butcher the game's reception

Attached: wrong.jpg (500x400, 37K)

Sonic Unleashed for the Wii was the better experience.

Not quite, the PS2 was a much weaker system than the Gamecube and Xbox back in the day

>be an actual good game
That's not an opinion, that's you making a blanket statement that you think everyone agrees.
I have been saying that exact thing for years. If they put Knuckles in instead of the whole Werehog thing, no one would of said a dam thing. I like the werehog concept.

Medal collecting to get to the next stages were piss easy. What are you even yammering about? It's when you feel the need to 100% the game is when it gets rough.

Just not our timeline, user. Cursed one.

I guess we get Mario and the Olympic games though? Haha... cute.. mini games I guess??

wasn't the same guy, just get confused everytime I get people get so defensive over a sonic game.

LMAO

You fucking sure about that on sweaty? True Sonic colors cope begins lel

Attached: 1526194903930.jpg (1087x1080, 112K)

>implying smash bros isn't full of minigames.
>implying Sonic games never had minigames.
Fucking christ you sound stupid.

Yet, the PS2 could've took SA1 and SA2 with the same dreamcast graphics out the box. The PS2 killed the dreamcast and strangled the gamecube.

Sumo is about the fix the online very soon.
Transformed apparently had issues at launch and it took a bit for them to get fixed as well.

As someone who played both versions I disagree, the HD version is the definitive game whether you like it or not

This isn't fucking Super Mario, Sonic is about going from stage to stage, not waltzing around New York looking for medal #120 only to get thrown off because bad level design

People get defensive over anything they enjoy, go outside once in a while there's defensive opinions about everything.

I love Unleashed to death, but the Werehog was seriously inelegant. It just didn't have enough faith in itself to try to be anything. Like points out, it EASILY could've just been Knuckles, but after ShTH and Sonic 06 had bloated casts, everybody was like "NO MORE FRIENDS, JUST SONIC!" so they had to stretch (hurr) to find a way to put this alternate gameplay style in the game while still having it be Sonic and they landed on perhaps the most obtuse way possible of doing that.

It didn't have enough faith in its combat to just go for it and try to add some depth to it. It didn't have enough faith in its players to make the combat difficult or even make you have to get in front of the enemies to fight them, so Sonic has stretchy arms and the combat gets really, really boring by the end. It didn't have enough faith in its platforming to make any kind of deep controls or genuine difficulty, so, more stretchy arms to do everything for you (although the odd terrible idea like tightropes with spikes still managed to sneak in there).

They just didn't know what they wanted with it and it wound up being this undercooked, underthought hodge-podge of ideas that contrasts so damn badly against the genuinely incredible Sonic stages. Just a shame.

...what? We're talking an entire game based off them, it's nothing. Don't be silly, user.

>This isn't fucking Super Mario, Sonic is about going from stage to stage

Attached: 1469243661972.jpg (220x236, 14K)

Bruh, no. No, bruh. No.

Attached: 1557525353961.png (645x624, 266K)

I know what everyone was like, I was there. I don't need to be told what I already know.

Sonic games were never good.

Sonic Unwiished has less and shorter night stages, better daytime design, better bosses, better final boss, and no medal collecting, dummy.

user was talking about those olympic game abominations ceasing to exist. I would like to have a Sonic Shuffle series that rivals Mario Party on the PS3/PS4. Mario Party 1 wasn't a perfect game, all they had to do was try again.

Today, on his birthday, I will remind them.

youtube.com/watch?v=j4OBe-rONR4&list=PL3EA8C6B0442870EE&index=2

youtube.com/watch?v=klQ2K1iZkgM&list=PL3EA8C6B0442870EE&index=7

youtube.com/watch?v=Rtl05_8l2UA&index=9&list=PL3EA8C6B0442870EE

youtube.com/watch?v=zF8E5FxuGcU

youtube.com/watch?v=NUy2bFdlsGY

to this

youtube.com/watch?v=WPMVGikcFTs

true true speedrunning kino

youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8mrzYYrUE

youtube.com/watch?v=WdYnv8uLFWw

Attached: 1524385892811.png (1920x1080, 3.36M)

>we'll never get comfy as fuck Unleashed hub worlds again

Attached: 1200px-Unleashed_dev_100.jpg (1200x675, 219K)

Hub worlds worked just fine in SA1. Unleashed's hub worlds were actually kinda neat. And you had the little obstacle courses outside the actual stages to play in too. Collecting medals as an incentive to replay levels and explore them isn't even a bad idea, it's just that the Werehog was so much less fun to play as than Sonic.

Attached: D8y6cmVXkAEOXmu (1).jpg (1136x640, 99K)

HERE..

WE...

GO!!!

Attached: 1527678308977.png (198x193, 52K)

Attached: D8y7NiuU0AALidd.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

Sonic Unleashed on the Wii was shit. Stop thinking because it was on a Nintendo console = good. See

The Genesis trilogy did it
SA1 did it
SA2 did it
Heroes did it
Shadow did it to some extent
Sonic 06 did it
Secret Rings did it
Motherfucker Sonic at it's core is about going through levels at a fast speed and going on to the next one, not collecting medals in Africa to get to the final stage in Thailand.

Unleashed on Wii and PS2 was just Secret Rings with actual controls, no proper levels besides the first act

Hub worlds are fine, but I dont like having to poke around for medals to access the next stage, SA1 and 06 just had you walk to the next stage via plot

How in the living fuck did this game come out 10 years ago? Where the fuck has time gone???

Attached: 1553778159838.jpg (600x800, 219K)

>Jumping over the stage in Eggmanland and skipping the loading zone so you have to do the next part of the level with no floors.
god I miss it

So it's literally okay if Mario does it. But if Sonic wants to do something similar...suddenly there's a fucking problem?

...We just gonna ignore that when he becomes a Werehog in that Apostos Hub video, it has better lightning/on par lighting with KH3 this gen, or? What in the holy fuck that purple hue lighting is on a different level.

Attached: 1537402421492.png (395x296, 187K)

>Sonic Unleashed: Apotos Hub video
>7:53
>Camera slowly pans up to the corner of that little quiet street, lamp on the wall illuminating it
>looks like a fucking Pixar film
>It's on xbox 360, and in gameplay

This is the true definition of troo frar.

Attached: 1511168743080.jpg (400x400, 83K)

Because the main objective in the Mario levels are to grab the stars. In Unleashed you can go for hours without knowing you need to grab more medals to get to the next stage. The Unleashed levels are about getting to the goal ring, not collecting medals

>There's an user who posts Olympic screenshots every thread
>He wastes his life and hard drive hording these for personal reasons
>He thinks someone will unironically (you) him because they enjoy his posts
I'm the olympic poster and I'll have sex someday.

Attached: 1380812535-7.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

The Hedgehog Engine was a generation too early. Now imagine that in a Phantasy Star game or some other AAA Sega game

Attached: saddest moment eva.gif (312x238, 219K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Ir5YCUO5IHo

Peep 9:53 when Sonic runs up the little ice path with blue little laterns. It looks like a this gen game.

Attached: SU_AOKI_007.jpg (1200x922, 236K)

You realize both things are literally the samething right? Sonic has you finding medals in the levels AND outside the levels. So if you actually look WITH YOUR EYES. And not be shit, you get the medals relatively easy. Mario has you going through the same levels too but with different objectives. Sonic Unleashed also provides side quests and you are rewarded medals as well. You are literally just sucking Mario's cock at this point.

Attached: you cant sexualise everythin.png (673x667, 1.13M)

I hardly play Mario games you dumb faggot, hell the nintendo franchise that has had most my attention is Legend of Zelda, pretty much just Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask

Attached: king homer.gif (375x375, 168K)

Fuck yourself. I'm not hunting medals with racecar controls and everything going a million miles with the X button. Try playing SADX with medal missions but fuck off with Unleashed and it's autistic controls thinking you have movement perfection that Mario had since 64.

Attached: ClCqguuWEAAqWgR.jpg (776x1200, 290K)

Then why even compare them if you don't know what you're talking about?

That was a weird reply to admit you suck.

Sonic's stages should've had you get medals by, like, finding alternate routes and completing speed and time-based challenges. Having to poke around as fast Sonic is kinda dumb.

>tfw you realize you didn't know how good you had it

god damn it sega

Attached: 1524155235326.jpg (163x163, 21K)

>those four fucking boost pads on the forces video at the start of the level

Every fucking time. What a god damn disaster of video game design. To think, SEGA used SONIC FORCES, to TEACH some university kids about game design

Attached: 1532986186783.jpg (468x442, 92K)

>Sonic's stages should've had you get medals by, like, finding alternate routes and completing speed and time-based challenges.
I can't tell if you're using sarcasm or you don't know that was an actual thing.

Watching the Unleashed boost, and then the Forces boost with all the white lines on it, it truly shows just how bad Forces is. Who, who thought all those white lines going CRAZY was good on Forces...? You cannot see anything

Attached: 1521746027171.png (1008x672, 307K)

>implying that Unis offer quality education anymore

The Boost aura in Forces was just a recolor of Super Sonic's Boost aura in Lost World, and I'm assuming they didn't think that looked fast enough, so they just added the lines to make it look like it was faster

JUST GIVE ME ANOTHER ADVENTURE STYLED SONIC GAME PLZ SEGA

Some of them you would get by running but dude, a lot of the Sonic medals, you'd have to come to a complete stop and look around to find them. Sonic's unleashed levels were all about using your reflexes and knowledge of the level to go as quickly as possible without interruption and his medal placement didn't flow with that enough.

And there wasn't a single medal in the game you would get for, say, finishing a section or a level fast enough.

No, what needs to happen first is a SA1/SA2 remake a la Crash N-Sane Trilogy/Spyro Reignited and then we can have the new games

Attached: 1538395736397.jpg (480x480, 24K)

I JUST WANT TO FUCK EVERY SONIC GIRL

Attached: D6AlL5fUUAAEVuQ.webm (270x270, 1.92M)

>thread starts out asking what people want from the next sonic game
>devolves into another Unleashed shitflinging episode
Even as someone who likes the game, I really don't know why it just suddenly became a work of art. Yes the production values and soundtrack are incredible but that alone does not make a game worth putting in a museum either...

Attached: 1524027355201.png (640x480, 596K)

Attached: D6Al64xUEAAp9YK.webm (162x162, 51K)

Remaster it like Capcom Resident Evil and stop making new ones entirely. Honor the series, not extend it.

Attached: Rouge8.webm (632x480, 2.87M)

Even Cream?

Attached: 1552764403584.gif (160x136, 42K)

why does tails, of all the modern characters, look like a little dwarf in a furry suit? what is it about tails design in 3d which makes him look like a fucking human in a suit?

is it the non making furs on his cheeks, and weird non moving chicken hair flick?

>And there wasn't a single medal in the game you would get for, say, finishing a section or a level fast enough.
Uh yeah there were. Did you do zero sidequests?

Attached: Rouge7.webm (632x480, 2.55M)

At this point, it's basically the last Sonic game that felt like a lot of care went into it (Colors and Generations were good games but had flaws that have since metastasized into giant tumors on the series), so people hold onto it pretty tightly.

Attached: ReGnQQU1ZTe8ymm9.webm (1272x720, 2.04M)

>tfw you're the same age as sonic
>tfw you even named your childhood cat sonic when you were like 8 because that motherfucker ran fast

Attached: pepe time.jpg (550x366, 33K)

Attached: 4_irgvCrYVE82cfW.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

I would like to see Sonic have a game with Crash Bandicoot.

I guess. Though I'd still say Mania counted as a game with care put into it too, unless you mean Sonic Team games in which case yeah you're right

Attached: 1518765398289.png (483x494, 660K)

YES

Attached: ZjJrM3MF0HTRH2y.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

let me put it like this:
>Unleashed is the last Sonic game with a AAA budget and arguably the best looking Sonic game period
>every other Sonic game has had a lower budget and it fucking shows as even the PS4 game looks a generation behind.
>a PS4 game looks worse than a 360/PS3 game

As an unleashed fan, you're completely right.
I think the world traveling was cool. I think the Dark Guardian looked awesome, I like werewolves so Sonic becoming one was pretty cool to me as like a crossover thing. I liked the pixar looking humans vs attempting to try and make them realistic. I like hub worlds (which is why i prefer sonic adventure 1 over 2 in some regards). I liked the challenging hot dog missions. I liked the little animated shorts they put in there. Even "eating food" and stuff seemed like a fun concept.
I seriously don't understand what people hate about it. I mean did it have flaws? Yeah. If people can like Metal Gear Solid 4 then I'm allowed to like Sonic Unleashed as my favorite 3D Sonic game.

Attached: 1525912227879.png (764x570, 362K)

Same, I would love that

Attached: 4e51f47d2d3d239630e383821df01088.jpg (942x1200, 190K)

Tails
NOOOOooo

Attached: cf32209453b64cd45eea3a55bf4cf13d.jpg (2621x1765, 346K)

>Crash doing 3d sections
>Sonic doing 2D sections
It can work

>3D

Thanks grammar nazi

Attached: 1469243397181.png (257x149, 18K)

Sonic Adventure 1 remake

Attached: 1560032902540.jpg (1085x1050, 171K)

Yeah, Mania is always the exception that proves the rule to this kinda discussion. Absolutely incredible game, total love letter to the series that Sonic Team had almost nothing to do with and unfortunately seems to mean very little to the continued direction of the main franchise.

They lost the source code to generations so made Lost World, then built Sonic Forces off Lost World's gameplay engine.
They also spent 2 years making a shitty upgrade to a lighting engine that worked fine.

What do you mean? They haven't even announced anything since Forces. Mania and Forces were being worked on at the sametime.

Crash is just a fucking corridor.
At least, use a proper 3D exemple, such as Mario 64.

how about a widescreen 2d sonic game jesus christ pan out a bit so I can see where i want to jump. make it fluid too instead of this floaty shit.

>unfortunately seems to mean every little to the continued direction of the main franchise

How do you know that?

The last mature Sonic game was Unleashed. They've all been saturday-morning cartoon tier since then.

Devs seem to always lose that Source Code eh?
Do any of these retards heard of a thing called a hard drive?

im going ot blow your mind here on how to make a GOOD 3d sonic

just take sonic 1-3 but place the camera *behind* sonic

The reason Sonic fluctuates in quality is because he's the only outlet Sonic Team have for expression. They used to make interesting shit like NiGHTS but now they can only make Sonic.

No, have Spyro do that. Crash and Spyro have crossed over multiple times (Skylanders, those GBA games, even demo codes back in the day). And Crash WAS inspired by Sonic. (Since Crash's original concept was literally "Sonic's ass" as a joke because they wanted to be like Sonic in the 3rd dimension. So they made their own anthropomorphic animal.
So if Skylanders has Spyro who crossed over multiple times with Crash...who was inspired by Sonic and Sonic has had crossovers before since he kinda is known to cross dimensions at this point....throw all 3 of them in together and merge the fucking worlds.

They probably don't have the source code anymore. Plus it's unfortunately included with the failure games like Shadow and 06 because it got shitty reviews back in the day.

>Sonic has to collect Crystals.
>Crash has to collect the Chaos Emeralds.

>unleashed having good art design
Ah yes, I love seeing a cartoonish blue hedgehog in realistic cities, and realistic humans compared to Eggman's exaggerated design, such a coherent artstyle

there's more crystals than emeralds too. Sonic is fast so he could gain chards. Have Crash get an emerald after defeating a bodd (7 bosses total) which would be like 7 areas strictly for Crash at the very least. 14 if each level with a seperate portion for the boss. It could work.

Sorry I'm stoned, forgive the spelling errors.

Attached: tumblr_p46nqvdcCm1vc5w4eo1_400.png (352x368, 304K)

Forces didn't know what the fuck it wanted to be. It wanted to be this edgy story and take itself seriously while also not take itself seriously and have fun colorful characters, and failing to deliver in both aspects.

>Sonicbabs trying to piggy back on a revived franchise

kek

Stay in your lane, hedgehog

Attached: 930112_70385_front.jpg (640x641, 90K)

>Unleashed
>realistic humans

You've never played Unleashed.

Ah yes, these humans are so realistic compared to Eggman
Why would normal civilians have the exaggerated look of Eggman anyway? He wouldn't have the same impact if he looked like Professor Pickle's aid or something.

Attached: 1446645190828.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

They could both be able the collect Gems. Crash by smashing every box and Sonic by beating stages quickly.

user, please.

Attached: 1460857260528.jpg (515x280, 29K)

>Said franchises are only revived because they bounce back off one another.

Another.

Attached: 783223.png (400x256, 86K)

I think this fits fine with Sonic, well either that or the anime style humans from the adventure games

Attached: sonic implying.png (1024x1301, 623K)

>realistic humans
You should quit while you're not ahead

Attached: Funny_People_2.png (490x373, 263K)

OwO

Attached: Dsfdsfd.png (400x256, 99K)

More bad to mediocre garbage. Same as always. Mania 2 is inevitable so there's that to look forward to.

Fan wise though? SRB2 2.2 is dropping this year and we're (supposedly) going to get Utopia too. (Not to mention the myriad of other fangames being worked on.) So as long as you ignore whatever Sonic Team's shitting out it's not so bad.

Attached: 1555709689302.png (526x534, 323K)

This is a screenshot from Generations on PC
the game has graphically aged like milk compared to Unleashed

Attached: Sonic Generations on PC.png (1920x1080, 3.82M)

this.
Fans are better than ever now.

Modern Sonic will never be good because Sonic Team clearly either lacks the talent or interest to make a good game, and all you retards keep asking them for dumb shit like remastering the Adventure games which have their own slew of problems.

I can only imagine the shitstorm if they recreate the adventure games, and not only are they bad, but they kill off adventure for good, with nu-sonic team. I love how we'll never learn. Asking for an adventure game, when this team CAN'T EVEN PULL OFF BOOST/STRAIGHT LINE GAMEPLAY, is literally a suicide. Abandon hope.

>kill off adventure for good
It'll kill off Sonic for good

>hopes
That the nightmare finally ends and Sonic is shelved forever
>expectations
Nightmare continues...

Boost is the real issue
It's basically impossible to make long levels with how fast the Boost makes Sonic unless if you have a REALLY high budget, so it's either really short levels which people will complain about, or add in some slower gameplay which people will also complain about

This problem also existed in Generations and Colors, people just had this "at least it isn't 06" mentality that made them seem better than they actually were

There's nothing wrong with Sonic games being on the shorter side. They always have been. They need to make the games fun to play over and over again with right level design and enticing gameplay.

Anyone who complains that Sonic games are too short are the reason we get dumb shit like two-thirds of the Adventure games or the Werehog.

I think that became even more apparent when Mania hit the scene. It's basically a much better generations.

this

This makes me sad

Attached: images (5).jpg (259x194, 15K)

I want a good game, I expect nothing short less of mediocrity from sonic team.
Honestly I feel better about sonic after mania, the fandom may be splintered but everyone of us at least knows why he is in.
Look at the pokemon fanbase right now, they are cannibalizing themselves while gamefreak removes core aspects of the game to reintroduce them as paid services.

Utopia being released is big news.
We could finally have 3d momentum platformers in the future.

I thought they made lost worlds because they were working with nintendo?

They did, and eliminated the progress from Unleashed and Generations rather than making a new engine or using a preexisting one

Who knows, all we know is, Forces was based off it.

Attached: 1552362512529.jpg (1047x968, 392K)

Unleashed was the last Sonic game with soul.

>make a game/engine based off inferior wii u hardware
>now we're stuck with it and Switch hardware

unironically, abandon all hope for 3d sonic.

Have SEGA themselves said Sonic sells more on Nintendo?

>Being this stupid

Attached: 1559501631268.jpg (742x862, 50K)

*last 3D Sonic game with Soul
but yes

to be fair thats how every game series is. Sonic's decline just happened before all the others

That's dumb. Knuckles doesn't even work in the story as a werehog substitute in the slightest, nor does he work as a gameplay substitute for the werehog. Werehog as a character itself was completely fine it's literally just Sonic, the issue with the werehog were the stages with the annoying battle music issue, tedious and slow level design, there being more werehog levels than sonic ones, and the levels themselves being way longer, all stuff changing the character to Knuckles wouldn't fix.

Sonic will be great again if Sega is no longer making Sonic games and give Sonic to some other game company.

Attached: 1559507192976.png (996x2750, 911K)

>doesn't even work in the story as a werehog substitute in the slightest, nor does he work as a gameplay substituted for the werehog

One, in this perfect world where we go back and redo, we just change the story to fit however Knuckles is involved, who cares. Same exact thing, except Sonic doesn't change into a werehog.

>annoying battle music issue
Could change to all kinds of GOAT knuckles music [obviously, still, we're talking in this perfect world]

>being more werehog levels than sonic ones
if it was knuckles, this would be less of a problem, with all of the good things that come with him

going back to what you said about "nor does he work as a gameplay subtitude for the werehog"

The brawling, fighting section involving climbing and jumping around doesn't work with Knuckles? It couldn't be MORE of a perfect fit, user?I'm not saying you stretch his arms out like the werehog, but in this, as stated before, perfect world we've made, you just fix that and have him just climb. Knuckles being the Werehog would of prevent a good 80% of the hate Unleashed got.Do not pretend Werehog gameplay as Knuckles wouldn't be the greatest gameplay we've had of Knuckles, and the whole mechanic of the werehog sprinting on all fours, would be GOAT for knuckles, implying he's using his raw strength, digging int othe ground to push forward.

Attached: 44354433344.png (1366x768, 585K)

I would of suck ALOT of penis for the Werehog combat but Knuckles going OFF with all of those combos.

Werehog, actually had a much deeper combat system than people remember. He had so, so many different moves and combos.

Attached: ut6aompe8m921.jpg (1580x2048, 156K)

I genuinely, do not think people remember how good Werehog combat was, and this being ST first attempt at a brawler god of war combo rip off. The werehog could do some literal insane fucking thing, you could grab enemies, spin them around, rocket with them, there were so many fucking combos it was off the wall. The only problem was in some certain sections, the FPS tanked.

Penders plagiarized John Byrne's works and passed them off as his own.

Don't even bother
is a smeghead

If it's not Mania 2 by Evening Star I don't give a shit about it. Fuck Sonic Team and fuck modern Sonic.

Attached: 1532859724339.png (1000x1236, 278K)

>expecting anything good from sonic

Attached: 28417461-E83D-4F92-B8C8-0514008C5251.jpg (539x559, 21K)

The problem with current Sonic Team is that they're chasing the Mario dragon.

Just play the Unleashed Project, that's all you need.

Sonic is tired
Let him go
He just wants to die...

>all those quirky 90's franchises

Sega nowadays is all about Yakuza and a few other JRPGs.

Sonic Unleashed has at least one waifu in every city. It's nice.

The sidequests didn't give you medals you moron. They had medals in them, but they weren't rewards for fast completion.
Trust me, I've 100%ed Unleashed

Truth

>oh fuck yeah they posted a full version of that kino as fuck key art
>that image quality

Attached: 1530802580967.jpg (884x793, 130K)

Sorry I failed you user.
You can get the pic here, I don't know if it'll be in better quality though sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Mania/Gallery

Mania's good in spite of "reusing everything from the Golden Age", you superficial faggot.

What animal is that supposed to be?

Deer pussy