Comfy late night 3DS thread

How is that backlog going?

Attached: 1552870192970.jpg (492x535, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/navewav
youtube.com/watch?v=X_uVXncli20
recoleccionjuegos3ds.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: tumblr_niw3t4gQwq1s5ly4bo1_1280.jpg (1280x899, 540K)

>Buy new game I've never played
>it collects dust as I replay the Zelda games on the system

I still need to play Strange Journey. This game has haunted my backlog for years.

Attached: frostguy.jpg (281x400, 53K)

Wish there was a more up to date yugioh game on 3ds. Sending cpu's to the shadow realm in-between bursts of smt: strange journey.

Attached: IMG_20190610_041544.jpg (4000x3000, 3.73M)

Furk you! Whenever I post the thread falls off page 11 and when I don't 600+ replies

Attached: H5gMy-JI_400x400.png (400x400, 222K)

Playing through it right now, got to say I prefer both devil survivor games, but strange journey is alright so far, 7.5/10. Wouldn't pay for it but it's worth it if your 3ds is hacked.

I've had the same games for a while but still haven't played most of them. I've only "beat" Animal Crossing: New Lead. Still have to finish Super Mario 3D Land and my replay of Pokemon X. I've tried Mario Kart 7, but it doesn't seem as fun as when I played Mario Kart DS when I was younger. And I've never played The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Shovel Knight, Virtue's Last Reward (played 999 and never really understood the hype over it), and Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies (I've played all games before it, but can't remember much about them, so idk what to do about that).

I have the same problem, yo. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Not good, for the first time in my life i feel like i have a backlog growing. Playing Monster Hunter 4U still fairly at the beginning and Etrian Odyssey Nexus at the same time, got Dragon Quest III VC'ed ready to play at any time and a bunch of other Dragon Quests after that, also got Persona Q2 on hold which i was enjoying but stopped it 'cause it made me think too much of Etrian so i went to Nexus instead, and i'm also really wanting to start a new Etrian V playthrough using the other 5 classes that i didn't use in pic related
My 3DS got some work to do

Attached: Belka guild.jpg (1500x1500, 1.67M)

>start a game
>don't play it for a few weeks
>decide to start over because autism
Gentlemen, how does one break this cycle? Looking back, the only 3DS games that I've finished were Pokemon Y and AS, 3D Land, MK7, Shovel Knight and... that's it.

>Gentlemen, how does one break this cycle?
Simple
You play Kid Icarus Uprising

Attached: 第26作『ゴジラ×メカゴジラ』(2002).avi_snapshot_00.45.31_[2019.06.22_22.41.40].jpg (1280x544, 64K)

Attached: 1557429824432.jpg (634x602, 90K)

bump

its weird that i find emulation 3ds game so odd to play. i like haveing the system in my hands

>he still plays 3DS instead of Switch

switch has no games

Nearly done with pq2, will be moving on to yokai watch 3 afterwards

Waiting for switch hacks to come out for new units

Its probably the dual screens, or playing something on a handheld on a PC

still has more than the piss 4

kina sad im at the end of the 3ds life line

Just started getting into ever oasis after having it for a year. It's pretty fun 6 hrs in

No games beyond botw and mario

just finished link between worlds, looking for a good platformer now

Well no shit, PC is an awful gaming device unless you like shit like star craft.

Playing DQ5 on my 3ds. I know it's a DS game but whatever

I will never buy a switch

This. Remember the piratefag motto: Buy hardware, pirate software, ignore merch.

My r-button only works at selective times. It makes playing Luigi's Mansion 2 a pain.

I've tried unscrewing the back but can't get the darn screws to turn.

Don't forget the second creed
>Get butthurt when people rightfully point out that piracy = theft

Which 3DS games am I missing? The 3DS is done so I need to wrap this up and put my case back on. I might get rid of the GBA games. To be honest I'm not really feeling the GBA on the 3DS so much.

Attached: vbdsb.jpg (660x514, 185K)

Playing it too. Hopefully I can finish it within a few months to shave one game off my backlog.

I prefer the term, "review copies".

ds dead? try stream

twitch.tv/navewav

Attached: cantwait.png (800x1132, 1M)

It's theft.

>recently beat epic yarn
>azran legacy and sushi strikers come in the mail today
Why am I willingly increasing my backlog?

Why can't they make a 3DS adapter that plugs into the Switch to stream to your TV?

Attached: 1561257199489.png (480x480, 148K)

Wouldn't it still be 240p output?

I'd be fine with that.

You can display N3DS gameplay on a TV using CFW. I has input lag tho.

do you mean streaming?

Illegal copy*

taking a break from rpgs & messing with citra again

Attached: cfe.webm (652x414, 2.87M)

Literally just hacked my new 3DS last night. Way easier than it was when CFW was first released with cake and all that shit years ago.

I'm playing through Samus Returns right now, is the Castlevania game worth playing through? What other shit can I do with CFW besides pirating and custom themes?

im finally going to be able to finish SMTIV:A and Paper Jam once my vacations starts on Monday. I'm so excited.

I'm running through rune factory 4, any of you played it? also thinking bout starting yokai watch 1 but idk if i can handle playing 2 games, actually fuck it i might start YW1

Attached: 1561070453416.gif (480x246, 134K)

anyone?

Skip yw1 and just play yw2. Much more refined, more yokai, better rng, and overall better story. You won't miss anything, the plot is self contained.

YW1 isn't worth playing since it's basically all around worse than 2. Play 2 Psychic and then 3.

dropped eo nexus to play persona q2 instead. best decision ever

Just hacked my n2ds, so far I have a nes, snes, and gba emulator installed. Any other systems with well working emulators?

Attached: 66b93342-bfcb-44de-9ac1-7298c4af27ef.jpg (1280x1280, 488K)

id say ps1 emulator but last i heard it wasn't that decent unfortunately

Playing xbc1 rn, pretty comfy and now I wonder why 2 is so bad and feels even more overrated

Do I need to play the DS version before redux?

You have twilight menu right?

If you like that Metroid game then you’ll probably like the Lords of Shadows game too. Same studio after all.

So wait... That's why my 3ds does that weird thing.

what is it

No. Redux is just the same game with new content added.

Is there a good place to download 3DS .cia with google drive or direct downloads?

plays ds games off the sd card

yes. a very good place. but to have me link it to you would require you to send me a good vidya song that i might not know

Thanks, have a good evening

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=X_uVXncli20

3dscia.com

The 3DS has a massive library, so there's plenty of games still worth playing.

alright i kinda liked it

recoleccionjuegos3ds.blogspot.com/

woah thanks

good evening to you too.

Attached: Mado spinning.gif (150x150, 7K)

Mado

Attached: 13942a1c-2102-42d3-9735-4cf4ec6f181b.png (1000x1000, 589K)

mine is better that one hasn't even been updated

Rent free

He prefers the term, "review copies"

Oh shit it's got New Style Boutique 3 right there in the front page
Some other user was shilling that shit and i totally don't believe it's good but i'll bite anyway

Attached: file.png (480x360, 326K)

>How is that backlog going?
At a glacial pace since RPGs are time intensive.

Attached: 90FF4417-BCC4-4612-9ECE-9BE903F4D2FB.jpg (4032x3024, 1.7M)

i'll get it too while i'm getting the rest of the 3ds games i need.

I have a N2DSXL but damn if the N3DSXL isn't pretty and doesn't make me regret my decision

Now i'm blushing

>playtime tracker just loads forever
Anyone else have this problem after hacking?

Finally started Dragon Quest VII
I've got a note app on my phone ready to keep track of shit I need to backtrack to, locked chests and such
Should have the main story and side content completed in about twenty years

N2DS was fine except for the tiny stylus and it was way too light, for me anyways

My only issue is the hinge being a little bit loose, but apparently Nintendo says it's by design. Still makes it feel cheap

Unless I'm blind, persona Q2

>N3DSXL
It’s a wee bit smaller than that.

Attached: 1CDA9B8C-9D6F-4098-97CF-C3091F83264C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.42M)

Some Yu-Gi-Oh game is up for preorder on switch, know nothing about it but it may at least be worth looking into.

people say it doesn't get good till 20 hours in, and i don't know if they are right and wrong. because right when i unlocked jobs i lost interest. i should go back to it sometime

Triforce Heroes isn't really that bad, and Happy Home Designer

How's PQ2 bros? downloading atm. Worth putting in the backlog? never played Q1

It's theft.

It's fun, personally found it quite better than Q1 which i didn't like at all but i couldn't explain you why, at least the pace isn't utterly fucked
Still find the Etrian games much better though

Better than EO. Much better than PQ1.

YES
I thought it was just my unit
I've noticed 3DS's have very different feels to them even the same kinds
But yea, they do feel kinda cheap, kinda like a ps3 controller
N3DSXL is where it's at tho
Nice heft and its served me well for years and countless hours

How's this vs the XL?
I've considered scooping one of these for better portability

how does it feel being objectively wrong?

Attached: piracy-is-not-theft.jpg (345x270, 15K)

yes i know i need this.

I know, I guess I will get it again if you can play it single player.

Anything else? I know apparently I'm missing all the Ace Attorney and Layton. Anything obscure?

Has anyone's cartridge of Persona Q 1 stopped working? At first, the game would randomly crash, and now it won't start at all. It says the game card cannot be read. Does anyone know what's wrong with it?

Attached: 1527196871264.jpg (987x932, 319K)

I haven't even got the combat yet and I really like it, has a lot of soul
I only play it at night for about an hour before bed, kinda treat myself

>looking through my backlog, have no idea what I want to play
>heard about citizens of earth
>it's a jrpg that's full of weird shit like earthbound

Also xenoblade chronicles is surprisingly great. This OST is something else.

Attached: 1522947612557.jpg (620x349, 24K)

>How's this vs the XL?
The screen has higher DPI, you can change the appearance at the drop of a hat, and it’s a lot easier to get at the SD card than on an XL.

Unless if there’s one specific XL design you’re in love with or have large hands, the vanilla N3DS is hands down the better machine.

Cause I was definitely gonna import labyrinth no kanata otherwise

That happened to my physical cartridge too.
It might have something to do with trying to load the map data from the sd card. Which is fucking stupid. Persona Q was one of the first games I pirated even though I have a physical copy.

I want to continue shiny hunting legendaries in USUM but the recent SWSH news makes me not want to touch anything Pokemon

Any games you guys can personally recommend? I have a few already

same. i think i'm done with caring about pokemon now. it's over. i still like the pokemon themselves though so i want to see all the new ones

You should use the term "surprise adquisition"

I know your pain user, I had a hunt going on all the way in Colosseum and the news completely killed it

YW2 and 3 surprised me. What 3ds games have you played so far?

post QR codes

Labyrinth no kanata
PQ2
Monster Hunter Generations Squared
Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland
EX Troopers

is yokai watch really worth it? I like the concept of ghosts, folklore and yokai but the battle gameplay turns me off

Wait I'm confused. Is it theft?

I have never played a Monster Hunter game before in my life, and there are two on the 3DS. Are they fun or worth playing, or are the ones on PSP better? Does the online still work? Which Monster Hunter game is better, 4, generations, or stories?

1's not worth playing since 2 retcons it. Despite being autobattles, it's not like you're doing nothing in it since you have to purify allies and charge supers and move them out of the way of attacks (in 3 anyways). Also, tanks and healers actually have a purpose if you're into that sort of thing. 2's good but 3's better and has a different combat system (still auto but you can make the tanks guard everyone or make everyone pair up for combos)

Depends what you're in the mood for

RPG - SMTIV
Rhythm - Taiko games
Action - Kid Icarus
VN - Ace Attorney

>two
fuck i meant three

yes

Have you played Dragon Quest VIII? Because you should.

4U would be a better place to start I guess, or even 3U(my personal favorite) if you're playing alone
Generations is like a best of and Stories is a spinoff
Honestly World is probably you're best bet though, since playing with friends is pretty great and it's the most alive

M8 i still play gamecube, your point?

Just now playing Yokai Watch 2 Psychic Specters and I hate everything.
>hacked 3ds which means I can't trade 30 times and will not get the trophy (put myself intona shitty position if I try to update luma, it will brick my 3ds) there is one trophy that needs 300 fucking hours of game time
>jew as fuck bullshit exclusive yokais and dlc shit that I can't inject (sailornyan etc.)
>really not into the battle systems
>shitty localization because I'm a weeb
>forced to inject shit into this shitty game
>tfw just wanted a comfy monster collector
Why do people like this game series again?

Attached: 0.jpg (400x400, 15K)

I have

Super Mario 3D Land
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3D
Ocarina of Time 3D
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy
Super Smash Bros

Played some Kirby, Mario and Pokemon so far. Only beat The Mercenaries 3D and Resident Evil Revelations years ago

>I have never played a Monster Hunter game before in my life, and there are two on the 3DS. Are they fun or worth playing, or are the ones on PSP better? Does the online still work? Which Monster Hunter game is better, 4, generations, or stories?
MH3U has a Wii U port with better controls though not portable.
MHG isn't really worth bothering with now that MHGU is out, though you might as well play it on Switch to enjoy twin-stick play.

MH4U is the only MH game that's an absolute must-play for 3DS, by virtue of it not being on any alternative platforms. If portability is a major concern, add MH3U to the list since you can move saves to and from the Wii U version.

imo once you start having to manually add shit and alter the game it kills a lot of the magic

I was playing Plague of Shadows on 3DS while I was on work travel but when I got home I started playing Hollow Knight (on PS4). Probably after I finish HK, I might start PQ2 or SJ: Redux, or maybe finish Plague of Shadows. Idk, I love my 3DS.

Attached: 1413502013016.jpg (1575x900, 376K)

I played through DQ VIII a decade ago, but never did beat it. It's an amazing game and been thinking about picking it up, although I feel like I'd rather get into DQ XI instead at this point.

A few of these are admittedly secondhand recommendations, but with what you've played in mind, consider:

>Planet Robobot
>ALBW
>USUM
>Xenoblade 3D if you have a N3DS

Do yourself a favor and play it.

I fear the day when Nintendo decides to shut down the 3DS online server.
Literally never played a MH game before

Attached: D5XMGPSU0AAvQ6X.jpg (1010x1024, 68K)

Lotus was a pretty cute girl

Is anyone is here from my thread where I was asking about buying either a N3DS or N3DSXL, well turns out the bookstore $75 N3DS didn’t come with a front faceplate, so I got the $100 Galaxy XL that came with a Pokemon game. Just hacked it and now I’m running native SNES games.
Here’s a pic of my Tingle Tuner 2DS

Attached: 8C62D85A-43A7-4A13-AA51-1D314DA74D41.jpg (3024x2890, 3.09M)

Nice 2ds. I bought a 2ds a few days ago and trying to play it felt o awkward to me, using the shoulder buttons felt real annoying. i had to return it and buy a n2ds.

I'll never understand why the newer models decided to have the select button right below start, i can't think of a single game where select has a different function from start and on the o3ds and o3dsxl it was a nice alternative for pausing shit with the left hand especially in a stylus heavy game

Adding to the other responses:
Rune Factory 4
SMT: Soul Hackers
Crimson Shroud
Kirby planet robobot
Link between worlds
Gunstar Heroes 3D
Rocketslime 3
Ace combat
Splinter Cell 3D
Project X Zone 2
The megaman legacy collection
Radiant Historia

Attached: carpal tunnel.jpg (759x431, 63K)

Looks pretty good, except for that small speck of white up and to the left of the mic :/