This game is actually pretty good. Why do you hate it?

This game is actually pretty good. Why do you hate it?

Attached: f9dd43b4c5c5cba28e13dc903236218f49ff05a7.jpg (616x353, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mkXMcSgu1gs?t=262
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I find it boring

I was obsessed with watching YouTubers LP this game back in 2010. It was the original streambait, but actually really well-designed, especially in the sound department. Good game.

>It was the original streambait

This is the main reason why people hate it.

Same, never actually played the game myself though

>OH SHIT I gotta bag of milky ways!

Still have yet to play a horror game that creates a sense of dread comparable to this game

I got stuck before the elevator near the basement. I had a bunch of items including some cogwheel (I think), but couldn't find out where to apply them and refused to look up guides.

It's a pretty easy formula to copy, yet no one seems to be able to do it.

>no weapons
>eerie atmosphere
>keeping the player on edge without making them bored

play literally any team silent Silent Hill

I find it shallow and pedantic

That is how I think of your mom. HA

I meant post Amnesia releases but absolutely yes

This is the one I hate

Attached: 000.png (616x353, 364K)

Penumbra was better

They think they are superior if they hate it because it was popular on youtube. Of course that's stupid, the game is pretty good

Nice atmosphere, but I'm not a big fan of the paranormal aspect of it. I've also found myself going from place to place at some point, and it got repetitive. Really felt like a labyrinth way too often for my taste.

The enigmas, puzzles and other problem-solving things were quite interesting.

I personally think Penumbra was scarier, and as people have already mentioned, Youtubers gave a wrong image of the game.

I have no idea how more people weren't outraged by this game. It threw out everything good about the first game and opted for pseudo-intellectual story. It's like they didnt even try to find out what fans liked about the series.

It's the better game though.

We do? I thought it was good. Maybe the animu waifu tards have a problem with it and anything requiring more than 0.2 seconds of attention.

The one I have heard wasn't so good (although havent played myself) was the sequel.

However, if you like this, then gotta play SOMA as well.

Shit game with a godtier ending monologue

I am incredibly curious as to what frictional is making, when blair witch got announced i thought it was them.

The pretentious writing completely ruined it. Couldn't understand the story because the writers wanted to use a thesaurus every other word to make themselves feel special. Linear as fuck, too. No exploration or anything that made the first game special.

Dropped it rather quickly because I found it boring.
Liked SOMA a lot though.

Only people who don't like horror games hate it. It's definitely top 5 greatest horror games ever made.

Agreed, the AI in penumbra was better at tracking you. Though in an overall sense of monsters/environment/scenario the Justine expansion is way fucking scarier. That last suitor always knowing where you are and constantly pursuing is horrifying, legitimately had tremors in my hands for a few minutes the first time I tried to get past him.

absolute kino. I make sure to watch it every Halloween
youtu.be/mkXMcSgu1gs?t=262

This, it was literally a haunted house sim. Never felt like anything was at stake or that I had to search for anything, they did the bare minimum of gameplay.

SOMA

Losers.

It was the default wannabe youtuber game of 2012-2014. That got old quick

Oh fuck I completely forgot about Soma, I never got around to playing it. Think that'll be the next vidya I buy

Biggest disappointment I've ever had in gaming.

I got it for free on GOG back in December I think. They might do more giveaways for it. I think I lost my password lol. I really wanted to play it.

SH2 is king of that, play it, then realize SH1-3 are the best horror games ever made and nothing really comes close.

Its good, but its literally a walking sim, but its atmosphere and story are great.

I don't hate it but I do think it's overrated. The game can be scary at first, but once you know how the monster works and you realize you're never in any true danger, it just gets boring fast. Good sound design though.

>Horror game
>You can't fight back even when there's shit lying around that you could fight back with because LE DEFENCELESS VULNERABLE IMMERSIVE xd

Attached: 1555143478015.jpg (250x250, 8K)

blame The Chinese Room

You think you're going to fight a huge monster with a metal blade attached to his arm that can easily break doors?

t. thinks RE4 is a horror game

Are there any new mods/stories/fan creations for Amnesia that are complete and ready to play?