Is the Starfox series cursed to be in a "Good return to form -> bad breakaway from formula -> Good return to form"...

Is the Starfox series cursed to be in a "Good return to form -> bad breakaway from formula -> Good return to form" cycle like Sonic?
Why cant Nintendo just give us the piloting shooter that we want?

Attached: 1450764147340.jpg (480x549, 58K)

When has Star Fox ever had a good return to form

Adventures being so well-received fucked with the franchise. After a game like that its impossible to just go back to the traditional formula without feeling barebones. Assault tried adding depth with mixed results and Command/Zero are just straight-up mediocre.

When they released Starfox ____2_______

Attached: 1520536327851.jpg (200x164, 17K)

fucking this
franchise has 3 and a half good games and one of them is a fuckign Zelda clone and the half of one is a multiplayer mode no one played.

Has anyone ever suggested making another Adventures?

no but considering how awful every post-N64 3D Zelda is maybe they should.

It’s callled Kid Icarus or Sin and Punishment.

Nobody actually wants a three hour long railshooter in this day and age. Starfox is the pioneer of an archaic genre that should stay dead. I mean just look at the reception to the Panzer Dragoon Remake. No one gives a shit about these types of games anymore.

Uprising controlled just as badly as Starfox Zero
Sin and Punishment 2 was the single best game on the Wii and the only game in the genre better than or as good as SF64.

Also Panzer Dragoon got a lousy reception because the games have always been shit, only Saga is good and that's a JRPG. They've always just been Starfox but with slugish and terrible controls, just play Panzer Dragoon Orta then immediately play SF64 after, it's night and day in quality.

I mean, I liked Panzer Dragoon but I couldn't get myself hyped over a remake on a console I don't even own.

Do you own any of the current consoles? I believe it's coming to all of them.

Attached: Panzer Dragoon Remake.jpg (400x485, 45K)

>Hurr no one gives a shit about these kinds of games anymore

I do you cuck.

>Why cant Nintendo just give us the piloting shooter that we want?
Because those kind of games have no place in ther modern vidya landscape, sad as that is.

alright, you all know why we're here
start furryposting already

>Not wanting It to succeed so that Nintendo would make more Star Fox games

Monopoly ruin Quality for a reason, look at what happened to Wrestling after WCW went under

GET YE GONE O FALSEFLAGGER

Attached: a496a63d01e47c97316ce4b5578da3cb.png (1000x1000, 648K)

>good games have no place in the modern vidya landscape
one of the worst memes out there

That’s why they should combine OG Star Fox space action with Adventure style on-foot sections, kinda like how Kid Icarus paired flying with ground action.

Attached: 4DA04ADD-1C8B-44A6-B976-51BC05228AF8.jpg (800x1092, 110K)

I never said I didn't want it to succeed, I just wasn't AS excited as I would be when I thought it was releasing as a Switch Exclusive.

When has Sonic? They actually needed a group of fans to develop one game that wasn't complete shit.