Are we ever going to get a new Mass Effect?

Not even a remaster of the original trilogy?

Attached: Mass Effect.jpg (960x960, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wDhcsSh8huM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSqm5Id6Hw0
youtube.com/watch?v=S4UWAcPg1D8
youtube.com/watch?v=zVmdUKbbYoE
youtube.com/watch?v=s-753c-5dpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is EA we are talking about here.

Attached: 1335868891594 - Copy.png (1962x972, 1.62M)

I would like ME2 with at least ME3 gameplay desu.

EA wasn't willing to port over the original trilogy to the current generation of consoles, and they aren't even willing to rerelease all bits of content in a single convenient package for cheap, so it's clear that EA isn't interested in keeping the franchise alive. You want more Mass Effect, you might as well ask them for more Starflight while you're at it. Good luck with that

Attached: Space Exploration Tier.png (1260x1125, 974K)

Reverse ME2 and ME3

Attached: when_you_spiders_on_the_floor.png (1024x1205, 1.2M)

Why don't the rich guys that own EA stock just ask for a new leader so EA can get back to allowing good things to happen.

Are suits stupid?

Short-term profits seem to be the only thing that the important people in society care about. Granted, EA has carried on this way for 25 years so it seems their model of business operation works just fine for the shareholders.

With the current husk of a studio merely just bearing the name? Hopefully not. There needs to be something sacred in this world.

Attached: 2uxotkx.jpg (800x800, 106K)

Mass Effect hate thread? Mass Effect hate thread

Attached: 66b3f9c96df2d1d2422c6d1c7853ce233d85026a3750621f383f7de162037f90.jpg (1250x521, 205K)

I see it the reverse. I think ME2 has the better gameplay. It just lacks the disc grenades which I missed a lot from the first game. One of many things I missed when they took so much away.

I would rather Saren myself than suffer thru another Bioware game. The franchise is better off dead

Attached: tumblr_mg0hbzVAcJ1qlceh0o2_250.gif (245x245, 908K)

Attached: 1537362790293.webm (1900x1080, 2.57M)

what I didn't get about andromeda was where the quarian ship was. Was there a plan for a DLC before the whole thing got abandoned?

DLC cancelled, Quarian ark in a book

>Was there a plan for a DLC before the whole thing got abandoned?
Oh yes, which they turned into a book NO ONE liked

remove them both from the list entirely as they HAVE NO "space exploration" (filename). ME1 is the only ME game with space exploration.

(actually I don't know about andromeda, never went near it)

Based raking ME3 better than ME2
At least ME3 *tried* to fisish ME1's story rather than spending the entire second act of the story self-indulging in and assembling an ensemble cast to fight the most retarded sci-fi enemy ever, only for them to all possibly die at the end of the game anyways.

Oh I am sure after Bioware death EA will make another ME that will be an action open world with shitton of micro-purchases. Or a mobile game, who knows.

gameplay in 2 was too simple, like 4 abilities per character. 3 fixed this, and 2 had gun restrictions which sucked

>3 better than 2
This is objectively wrong.

Wait a minute so she was a bitch all along?

3's gameplay is better in everyway, story leaves much to be desired though

3 favored soldier class even more with these gameplay "improvements" that just make it even more of a generic type of shooter. Mass Effect 2 had the best gameplay balance and didn't go overboard. It was about concentrating on taking cover, shooting and using your powers properly. ME3 is even more of a generic shooter that ruined ME forever. ME2's simplicity was its biggest strength as evident from it being regarded as the best in the series usually.

space gypsies are still gypsies

1 had the best worldbuilding, exploratory freedom, and roleplaying.
2 had the best character arcs but intorduced plot threads and dropped it.
3 had the best gunplay and the Leviathan DLC, despite the retarded explanation for reaper origins, had the best atmosphere in the whole franchise.

me2 on ps3 had the same engine as me3 because it was exclusively on xbox before that so they gave ps3 a better version. So me2 ps3 v is the best one

2 is regarded as the best due to it being the starter point for many in the series. It is quite literally babies first "RPG". When under closer inspection 2 really doesn't hold up very well. 2 required zero tactical input as you are referring too and neither did 3. 2's gameplay simplicity is it's biggest flaw, waiting in cover and then raping enemies with the mattock gets old

Ain't it a bit weird that nobody seemed to notice this guy was turning into a machine before they finally discovered he's turned traitor? When you are on Eden Prime he clearly looks part cyborg.

Attached: Mad Effect.png (880x699, 515K)

He was supposed to have a normal model up until Sovereign diddled him with his mechanical dick but they either got lazy or couldn't get the model swap to work

It would've worked. They just had trouble managing resource usage with disc space and RAM of the original Xbox 360 and they had to sacrifice some things. One of them was "normal" Saren.

>concurrent console ports bringing PC games down
Why did we ever put up with this shit

EA has a very simple thought process. After Andromeda's failure, they'll never touch this franchise again. Just look at Dead Space, or countless others that got shelved because, despite making money, they weren't making enough money. You'll be lucky to get an exploitative mobile game a few years from now.

What were our options?

This really makes no sense to me at all. In what way would something like this have been hard? Just have like two models for him. One he is normal and then the next time you see him he's suddenly part cyborg. You've got to be baiting with this.

for all the hate EA gets, at least battlefield 3 didn't get fucked over on the pc even though consoles were limited to 16 player matches

Attached: consoles holding back vidyagaems.webm (718x404, 899K)

When I said disc space I meant you'd have to be swapping discs all the time. Back then installing wasn't an option.

>ME2
>low tier
It was a really shitty move to purge most of the RPG mechanics, but the actual role playing, story, and characters were all fantastic. If they didn't purge the RPG elements it could've been damn near perfect

Yeah get out with this stupid bait.

3 doesn't need a remaster, visually it still holds up really well. 2 kinda does but not much, this isn't DAO weren't talking about. 1 could use a visual overhaul though.

Not him, but you're forgetting that the DVDs the 360 used could only hold around 8GB of data. It's entirely plausible they had to gut his model, though I doubt it would've taken up too much space. They would've had to be extremely desperate for it to come down to that

>thermal clips
>good

fuck man. ME1 was my first very own purchase from my very first pay cheque ever. It's quite memorable.

Kotor 1 was affected by this far worse than Mass Effect. And the game I think was hit worse than any other by consoles version not being allowed to be too inferior is Deus Ex Invisible War.

They didn't know what they were doing. New engine, new everything. They would've scrapped it if EA hadn't stepped in and made them push out something.

That fountain is eternally tainted. Unless they go full Disney and scrap everything that happened after ME1, then it'll forever be shit.
If Drew Karpyshinky (or whatever the fuck his name is) ever decide to work on a spiritual successor of Mass Effect, I might give it a chance, but if it has anything to do with Bioware or EA I want none of it.

>They didn't know what they were doing. New engine, new everything.
You'd think EA would've learned their lesson with Inquisition then but nope, they made them do the same thing a second time.

Where did I say this

Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft Game Studios. BioWare was still probably dealing with new tech like you said, but at least they had proper management that let them make the game they wanted to unlike 2 and 3

It's funny how Dragon Age is the opposite and I rarely hear people say that the story was RUINED FOREVER after Origins (because it wasn't), but rather that they just stopped being fun to play. Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition IN THEORY could've been good games, but they're plagued with horrible gameplay decisions.

They could've gone with two discs like ME2 did if it was a problem

>Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft Game Studios.
Sure but EA still owned them already at that point

The 2-disk thing hurt ME2 in the long run since it meant that they had to cut the more free-roamding aspect of the missions, meaning unless you played on pc and edited in the latter half party members you missed out on a lot of dialog.

worth it

Attached: 6565464.jpg (900x1399, 165K)

Sorry, only series not controlled by EA get remasters.

Attached: Chief at the Citadel.png (1199x675, 1.26M)

It's a longer game than ME1 and worth 3 discs with the all the DLC they didn't have much choice there

Right, I forgot about that

You'd think they'd be able to better fit it all on two discs instead of cutting content

the Turians also had said tech so it wasn't that secret anyway.

>You'd think they'd be able to better fit it all on two discs instead of cutting content
No I think they were fucked regardless because they made their bed with the 360 and now they had to sleep in it. Neiter PS3 nor PC had the space limitation.

More importantly, the Turians helped build the Normandy in the first place and uses their design aesthetic.

DAO was a self contained story with a fairly open ending that could change drastically based on your choices. ME1 had a single ending and was setting itself up for a direct sequel. You can't say DA2 ruined the story because it was not, and couldn't really be, a direct follow on to DAO.

youtube.com/watch?v=wDhcsSh8huM this is one of them

Honestly that was for the best. The Gray Warden's story was done after Awakening and what was interesting about Dragon Age isn't the Warden's story, it's Thedas itself. Unlike ME you don't feel constrained to the personal story of the main character so you really could keep making new games if you wanted. Which they did, they made games about the continuing overally events of the setting instead.

Legion has lots of really good ones that you don't ever get to see without editing him in.

DA2 was forced on them by EA in a year and on top of that they had to change the whole gameplay for a phantom "larger audience" that Kirkwall bullshit was the best they could come up with. DAO was in development since after Kotor came out until 09 and it shows.

The great debate.

Attached: 1536681320201m.jpg (1024x563, 99K)

I mean, DA2 MOSTLY plays the same, it's just much faster and padded with every encounter having 20 enemies. It's nowhere near the jump in gameplay change that ME1 to 2 was.

I agree though, what fucked DA2 is EA saying "make another one and make it quick, also you're not allowed to use any of the first game's assets aside from a couple darkspawn enemies"

Quarian captain is uncovered plotting to release a plague in Andromeda that will kill off most of the non-quarians so that her species will be dominant

Attached: killer4_c.jpg (330x1180, 340K)

I hope we get a return to the Shepherd story but, I also don't because they will probably completely fuck it up.

The helped with the design but the tech was not theirs. Whether they had the tech as well or not is irrelevant. It's like saying everybody might as well have nukes because US and Soviets have them. Very naive way to look at things.

The Normandy and its capabilities don't really fit with turian military doctrine and we have no examples of them employing anything like that.

Attached: 025.png (619x1018, 599K)

>It's like saying everybody might as well have nukes because US and Soviets have them.
I mean thanks to so many scientists and nuclear material disappearing after the USSR's collapse, that might as well be true.

I don't want the new EA or Bioware touching Mass Effect ever again. Let it die and I'll just cherish my memories of 1 and 2 as they are.

based and redpilled

Not quite yet. I do think that eventually in Mass Effect that all tech is going to be dispersed as a result of espionage and/or treaty, but it's still a bad thing to have some space gypsie thief steal it from you. Tech is expensive to develop and so should either be sold or traded for something of equal value.

Attached: 1413771471.zp92_tali.png.jpg (960x1280, 135K)

I actually agree... was rooting for her.

Attached: xenunhappy2.png (492x1016, 481K)

Dragon Age is the superior BioWare franchise.

At least they don't have to shoe in London and Earth as the center of everything.

Attached: 5pjc.jpg (800x450, 97K)

Yeah, as soon as the new Dead Space game ships.

Dragonage is cucked and gay

Attached: admirals_by_ifwerelost-d53gt3t2.jpg (3247x1477, 1.47M)

>one extra character model means they'd have to make it a multi-disc game
yeah, no. Even if one more character model put them over the memory threshold they could have easily just gotten rid of a few of the generic models elsewhere (like some ships or something) to free up space. You're talking nonsense

Why not 2 disks, a la Resident Evil

never understood tali-fags to me she was like the little sister i never had and shes like 21 ish and Shepard is 30

>Are suits stupid?
Yes. They are utterly stupid. Their worldview is fundamentally divorced from the reality of game developing, they're obsessed with trimming down costs and maximizing profits at the cost of decreasing the quality of their products, all that because they honestly believe that their consumer base is a bunch of drooling retards who will gobble up anything the ship to the markets. EA is pretty much going through what those Cerberus-acquired firearms companies in the United States have been going through the recent years.

>no Freelancer
pleb

Well not everyone is you and so not everyone else felt the same way about her.

huh, imagine that? Wild.

Attached: 1342863117243.gif (360x201, 1.58M)

...and as I said, it seems to work for them. So there is little point in criticizing their business sense. Besides, they are RIGHT about their consumer base.

fuck off

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 67K)

The story is what makes it the third one you clod

The shareholders just want to maximise the value of their own holding, i.e. increase the worth of the company/dividends. To do this the company needs to increase revenue and/or lower costs. Things like FIFA Ultimate Team are perfect in this world; guaranteed high-attach rate for initial (non-free) product, monetised out the ass and the live service can be maintained by a skeleton crew. EA is gradually trying to make all properties under its umbrella like this -- highly-monetisable (and preferably cheap-to-maintain) services. The shareholders have seen the potential of this model via Ultimate Team, and so are happy to let the suits try to catch lightning in a bottle again, even if it means a few critical flops along the way. They don't need to replace the execs -- in their eyes, they're doing the right thing

Attached: 1521981374989.jpg (700x394, 38K)

Combat is the only thing 3 has going for it. Everything else is shit-tier.

Attached: 1336945154449.jpg (1900x1200, 300K)

>...and as I said, it seems to work for them.
Does it? Andromeda killed the ME series and didn't recoup the investment costs, neither did Anthem. Bioware will suffer a major downsizing in the years to come after they bury Anthem for good, and if they fuck up the next Dragon Age, they will be shut down within less than an year of the game failing. Well, you get the gist of it.

What was this sluts story again?

After all the fuck ups this is so hard to believe?

It's a cameo of some games "journalist" who licked a PSP

god her voice acting was so bad, wtf were they thinking. whose dick was she sucking

She's the reporter for the show called Battle Tits

Gameplay alone won't make it better than ME2 or even 1. Story and Characters are the primary drive of the series

>wtf were they thinking
They were thinking "This way she and all her friends will HAVE to give good reviews".
They were right.

All Andromeda had to do to be a success was lean into ME2's by-the-seat-of-your-pants, space cowboy feel and they couldn't even manage that

Attached: 1477596086642.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

No and no.
Bioware will most likely be allowed to finish the new dragon age (and watch it flop) before EA takes them off life support.

Attached: 1357416736912.png (493x402, 30K)

Yeah, I agree. ME2 had a bad story, but at least it had pretty smooth combat and fun characters.

Attached: diana_allers_relaxing_by_mintofoularis-d6oh8uu.jpg (1207x662, 85K)

Washed up 2000s G4TV host got into the game hoping it'd make her relevant again despite the entire community switching to online as opposed to sitting down and tuning into a TV channel, but since no one under the age of 22 knows who she is she fizzled back into obscurity.

Oh you meant the character she plays? Shit dude I got no clue.

Attached: 1561051523114.png (492x588, 159K)

Royalty costs. Having multi-disc games costs a fortune when the company that owns the console prints their own discs

>Washed up 2000s G4TV host got into the game hoping it'd make her relevant again despite the entire community switching to online as opposed to sitting down and tuning into a TV channel, but since no one under the age of 22 knows who she is she fizzled back into obscurity.
Nah, she was part of IGN at that point and still had some nerd-cred. They were hoping to score some extra kudos on their reviews.

hopefully the remasters dont start with mass effect 1 considering it was the worst game, by far, in the series. they should start with 2.

>bioware kills off emily wong, a well-liked minor recurring character, off-screen so that corporate whore jessica chobot can get her own cameo and character in me3

At least Emily Wong went out like a champ. Diana Allers is fucking useless.

Attached: 1461841931097.png (869x768, 721K)

ME1 is the best game in the series. It's not for casual COD kiddies like you though.

Attached: saren8.jpg (250x250, 66K)

>those Cerberus-acquired firearms companies in the United States have been going through the recent years.
explain, i love schaudenfreude

don't get me wrong it was obviously a good starting point for a series, but it was extremely barebones in every regard. i don't know why people seem to take personal offense to this.

It actually told a good story and wasn't made to pander to casuals or comic book fans. It was actual science fiction. Believe it or not, but fans of the first game cared more about a good story than the combat. ME2 improved on the interface and switched combat to something more regulated but also smoother. However the story and world building suffered immensely.

Attached: ezgif-4-2fe85ca20ffa.gif (320x240, 950K)

>but it was extremely barebones in every regard.

lol no fuck out of here kid. It was the sequels that were barebones. You don't even get equipment anymore because the soldier just had to be that much stronger. Also remember, only 4 blocks to upgrade per skill. Fuck out of here.

The long story short is that Cerberus Capital Management, a private equity firm, bought a bunch of firearms companies, shut down a fuckton of factories consolidating production line of many of them into a little handful of facilities and allowed Q&A to sink to abyssal depts; nowadays, some of the companies that they acquired such as Remington and Marlin, who were once reputable manufacturers are now a shadow of them former selves and knowledgeable shooters avoid them like the plague. Remington is about to become bankrupt.

Cerberus is shit huh? News at 11

Attached: Cerberus Comparison2.jpg (1689x993, 504K)

This. I could have done with maybe a little more to fill the world out and not using repetitive scenery for mine and bunkers, but I'm on ME3 now after playing 1 and 2 back to back and yeah ME1 had something the others really don't.

Considering how many studios they shut down absolutely not. They're afloat now but imagine a EA that doesn't piss off everyone with half a brain? They'd have Mass Effect, DAH, and several other classics under their belt. Instead they tanked the ME brand, sold DAH, butchered Dead Space, fucked up Anthem, killed who knows how many studios, and are under investigation for lootbox shenanigans.

but the story is better in the sequels. 1 merely set the stage with a very thin framework around it. it was objectively the worst game in the series.
the inventory system made absolutely zero sense in 1. it's a good thing it got scrapped.

>theft

You mean she stole tech from a terrorist organization that undoubtedly stole it themselves?

>just scrap the inventory system
>no you don't need to upgrade it to be better at all

Fuck you

That was literally the best part though, building together your space avengers to go on a suicide mission to stop a greater looming threat.

Yeah, I'm not denying that ME1 suffered from asset/budget limitations in its implementation of exploration, but to me that seems like something easily fixed by a sequel with a bigger budget, that doesn't have to build everything from the ground up, and that can expand rather than cut out features from the original.

What ME1 has is scale. The Attican Traverse feels real. Like an actual desolate, extra-terrestial wilderness because you can explore the vast expanses in detail. Too bad there isn't more there to find. Could have been in ME2 though, if they had bothered.

I also like how ME1's mission areas are laid out, with everything connected. It all feels seamless and it feels like you travel a great distance on every mission.

As well, in ME1 combat is a bit more organic. It isn't all cover based and neutralizing enemies by knocking them down even if you can't kill them is an option. You have sniper and artillery battles over vast distances across alien landscapes. Combat can also break out anywhere, even in the market wards, with the game seamlessly transitioning from a passive dialog area to a shoot-out.

It feels more organic.

>getting ambushed in the docking by that krogan on Noveria if you betray him

ME2/3 have nothing like that. It all feels smaller scale rigidly scripted.

Attached: me___planetary_exploration_by_apneicmonkey_d2i5lwp-fullview.jpg (1024x495, 71K)

Unlikely that she stole it from Cerberus seeing as only six months pass between ME2 and ME3. That's not enough time for the Migrant Fleet to do anything with it. So she most likely smuggled the tech out after ME1.

Attached: 1442721391695.jpg (3259x2550, 1.26M)

>but the story is better in the sequels.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. I'm not even going to try to have a discussion with someone who thinks ME2 and ME3 have well written stories.

Halo has the better soundtrack overall, but Mass Effect has the GOAT credits song.

>reddit spacing

True, I think what pisses me off, other than the retarded auto-cover and rolling bullshit is that the factions make no sense in ME3. The entire galaxy is getting destroyed but you practically have to fight every other faction in their retarded issues just to get them to do shit. "We could help you, but you need to do some trivial task to end our perpetual butthurt and maybe we'll help you" I wish there was an option to build humanity solely and let the other factions just get wiped out. That and how they dumbed down inventory and combat so much. I do like some of the extra side missions and stuff but ME3 feels like every story that got cut from the other games all mashed together,

Attached: tali_stomp_opt2.gif (320x240, 3.34M)

Well, you'd need to totally rework ME3's story and set-up to have anything make sense or pay-off. ME3 taking place just six months after ME2 was a bone-headed move. Especially considering that whole "treason trial" thing would have been the perfect excuse for a time-skip and for Shepard to emerge out of imprisonment into a transformed galaxy under siege, already years into the war maybe.

Ashley and Pressly were fucking right, libtards rekt again

I don't see how that makes it better
Multiple songs> 1 song

Attached: 1561225008469.png (460x619, 500K)

That's why I said Halo has the better soundtrack overall. Mass Effect's credit song is more of an honorable mention.

>remaster
what's the point of a remaster

Mass Effect Andromeda is by far the best in the series and one of the best games I ever played, there I said it.
*hides from the pitchfork mob*

Libtards are useful idiots. Timeless and immemorial. They'll cuck out to racial egalitarianism, to globalism, and eventually, to the Council.

Nevermind the fact that the aliens outnumber humans probably 10 to one on just an individual species basis. Turians, salarians, and asari all have colonies with populations in the billions that are centuries or thousands of years old. Ditto the batarians. Vastly more huge economies.

However any attempt by humanity to even the odds with innovative tech or aggressive policy will be met with cries of xenophobia by the libs. They are so naive as to think that a humanity totally passive and existing at the whims of aliens is a humanity that will prosper; rather than one that will be exploited and ground down into vassal status, if it survives at all.

Attached: 1337127156591.png (925x798, 863K)

>reddit spacing + cringe

Attached: 1529759489330.png (800x533, 418K)

Link the Halo soundtrack and give some recommendations to listen to. Mass Effect has one of my favorite soundtracks of all time but I've never heard the one for Halo. Even ME2 has a great soundtrack.

I refused to touch it because it has no quarians.

Attached: pathfindertemplate.jpg (1920x1143, 1.52M)

Halo 1 and 2 have phenomenal soundtracks, Halo 3 is great too but way too reliant on orchestra.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSqm5Id6Hw0

Very well said. Pretty much how I feel about the games. ME1 with less copy paste and a bit better combat would undoubtedly be the best unless you're a I listen to critics type of cuck. Even still ME1 is the best.

Why won't they remaster the games for PS4? I would really like to play these again

Effort money and EA is lazy and greedy.

I'm not too into Mass Effect but aren't aliens scared of humans because of their history? We're pretty violent creatures who have so many brutal wars like the 100 Year War, Hussite Wars, the American Civil War and both World Wars.

at this rate the human will dominate the galaxy in few centuries
>asari
>Silver-spoonfed by the prothean
>still took them 48 fucking thousand years to reach space age
>Human
>space-faring for like 3 decades
>already a major player

Great series, it's a shame they never made a third one.

I like to daydream about a refined ME1 or just a proper ME2. Keep the exploration and the concept of inventory, but refine the economics. Equipment is not found by the wagon-load on every mission. You can buy license to assemble stuff from omni-gel, but you still need certain raw materials. There are licenses/templates you get as rewards or that you find in crash sites and pirate outposts. Also one-off weapons/armor that you can recover.

You need to upgrade the Mako and attain proprietary suit technology to be able to explore certain worlds with really hostile environments. Those upgrades, or the resources for them, are found on other less hostile worlds first. A combination of exploration and quests, with the option to spend credits in some cases for quicker access.

I liked the fuel idea in ME2, so add that and make it more meaningful. Some systems within clusters you just can't reach, period, without a feul upgrade and/or a quest that unlocks a hidden resupply depot along the way.

You know, that kind of thing.

It would also have been nice to see enemy vehicles on Uncharted Worlds. You know, pirates in gunships and ATV's actually patrolling a geographic area of an uncharted world. To assault their base you'd have to decide whether to go in blasting with the Mako or try to fight/sneak through a nearby canyon. So many possibilities.

Attached: fa-mineentrance.jpg (996x572, 60K)

lol at the obese embarrassment barking pre-chewed talking points and feeling clever about it. Dunning-kruger in full swing, while the grotesquerie devours itself smugly.

So..... Andromeda?

this is how you play ME
>Tell liara to fuck off
>fuck ash infront of that bitch
>make it watch as you kill it mother
>Also kill the rachni queen,who the fuck want bugs anyway
>Tell ash to kill wrex,fuck you lizard Iam the ALPHA here,you do not have the right to make demand with me
>Tell kirrahe you gonna help them
>dindu shit,laught at the gay shit salarian trying to survive in futile
>Also virmire the shit out of kaidan,because fuck gay shit
>Let the councilor and the asshole ship blow the fuck out
>Take over the council
>ME2
>Destroy the genophage cure by mordin's pupil
>Show the Quarian admiral the evident,piss of Tali
>Dont upgrade shit,let the alien cannon fodder die in agony
>Send tali into the van in collector base,let that bitch burn like a roasted rat
>blow up the collector base,walk out with only Zaeed alive,my fellow human
>ME3
>Running around doing shit all,let the bomb on tuchanka goes off
>without Maelon's cure the female krogan die in suffering
>without Wrex/bakara and tuchanka get kaboom-ed the Krogans are no more
>No more krogan to hold the line,Palaven get fucked,bye bye turian
>Tell legion to upload the reaper code and watch them massacre to the last Quarian
>Also never did the Aria DLC,fucking bitch lost omega and probaly die in the Reaper invasion
>Hurl a fucking rock into the batarian mass relay and watch them burn
>Trick the asari and salarian dalatrass to give you support,weaken their power
>watch thessia and surkes fall while busy planet scanning for metal and shit
>Choose destroy,bye bye geth

Our history is seen as fearful entertainment. We have destructive capabilities but also foresight as with the pact made after vaporizing Hiroshima and Nagasaki with the atomic bomb or with the Soviet U-boat Commander in Cuba who decided not to end the world after reaching depth where communication is cut off.

Because everything that spaces like on Reddit instantly invalidates the person's post. Fag off rigid rules autist.

No. Some aliens are vaguely wary of humans because humans are new on the scene and have been very successful in a relatively short time frame. In terms of their history humanity's past isn't any more violent than any other species'. The most war-like species in Mass Effect are krogan and turians.

Humans are in trouble if asari influence on human culture is not curbed. Asari are very insidious cultural and political conquerors. Asari/human marriages give asari citizens a great deal of pull with humans and also reduce the human fertility rate while keeping the asari fertility rate the same. They are also an extremely long lived species able to plan and carry out a strategy over more than a dozen human lifetimes. That's a huge advantage.

Oh, and there are probably tens of billions of more asari than there are humans, especially after the events of ME3. Humanity's biggest colony has like 3 million people on it while Earth has about 11 billion (or had). There are turian/salarian/asari colonies with four or five billion and they have dozens and dozens of colonies.

Attached: Chohe_base_exterior.png (1280x720, 925K)

I haven't played it. Mayhaps the exploration in Andromeda is actually one of its positive attributes. However it seems that Andromeda failed to grab people with story or characters. (combat looks fun).

I think Andromeda was a very poorly executed concept for a spin-off. It approaches it subject matter all wrong and really just has the wrong ideas. It's not creative enough.

I just play it making rational, prudent decisions with the interest of humanity kept at the forefront. That generally means playing renegade.

I doubt the other aliens have had a history as destructive and eventful as ours. Krogans are equivalent of Nigger warlords who destroyed themselves adter discovering atom bombs. We however understood how devestating and world ending they are after vaporizing two Japanese cities with populations of hundreds of thousands of people.

You should honestly play it. It’s not as memorable as the other game but it has some good elements and is an alright game in it’s own right.

Based and humanpilled.

How I play Mass Effect: Think with my dick :)

Not a lot in Halo really sounds like Mass Effect. It's known for Gregorian chanting, orchestra, and electric guitar.
One of the famous examples being: youtube.com/watch?v=S4UWAcPg1D8
ODST has a more neo noir thing going, you know the type of shit people upload with rain sfx: youtube.com/watch?v=zVmdUKbbYoE

This is probably the most "Mass Effect" the series ever sounds, in an easter egg: youtube.com/watch?v=s-753c-5dpc

Attached: btfo xenos.png (711x611, 241K)

>I doubt the other aliens have had a history as destructive and eventful as ours.

You are factually wrong. The turians fought a massive interstellar war against their colonies that lasted for centuries. They are also a species that practice only ONE kind of war, that being TOTAL war. They lay waste to entire city blocks to kill one enemy fire team and they make sure that any opponent they defeat can never rise again. They regularly swallow up weaker species as client races. They're a very just people, very disciplined, but also very ruthless and uncompromising.

Not a whole lot about the salarian or asari history is told to us. However considering they wield competent militaries and are also very driven, dynamic people, we can speculate that they've fought plenty of wars among themselves.

At no point in the games is it ever said or implied that humans are particularly violent. They are known to be innovative, unpredictable, and bold, but not any more violent than most other species. There is a certain threshold of violence that a species cannot reach or else it wouldn't be able to sustain advanced society long enough to attain space travel. Thus you have the krogan. A species that is too passive will also be unable to effectively advance its interests or defend itself against more aggressive species.

War is a great innovator, after all. You see this in some effect with the hanar, elcor, and volus.

Attached: Securing_Dominance_by_sumerkhan.jpg (577x702, 162K)

Yeah it's called Cyberpunk 2077

I wish. A game set in just one location in Mass Effect, like the Wards of the Citadel, slums of Omega, a metropolis on a human or turian world, ect, would be pretty cool. You could really explore in depth and see the daily life of people that universe.

I'd have loved to see Mass Effect as an IP have lots of separate franchises within it that focus on different genres.

Attached: theomegaspaceportbyurba.jpg (1360x870, 134K)

>at no point in the games
Your suppose to use actual human history dummy. Everything prior to the contact wars happend. From Otzi the Iceman to the 100 Year War to World War 1, World War 2 and the rise of Communism happened showcasing just how violent humans can be.

They're legit stealing the character creation from Mass Effect

>Your suppose to use actual human history dummy. Everything prior to the contact wars happend.

Right, and none if it is ever brought up in the games nor are humans ever portrayed as having been especial violent compared to other races. A few people give humans shit because Earth is a bit overcrowded and still has problems with pollution. That's it.

Attached: big_game_hunting_with_preitor_gavorn_by_efleck_d4lvsjg-fullview.jpg (1600x1031, 234K)

1>2>3
Fight me.

Let it stay dead.

I hope none of you actually fucked one of your whore crew members. Save the galaxy and toss those trashbags aside. That's an order.

Having recently played through the trilogy I have no idea why 1 gets lauded as so much better. It's so shallow and dull to actually play but I guess since it didn't fuck its story up it gets a free pass, right?

I see no reason to fight you. You are right.

It is unprofessional and unethical to sleep with your subordinates.

Attached: 019.jpg (185x272, 8K)

>It is unprofessional and unethical to sleep with your subordinates.
You're goddamn right.

1>3>2

Just thought of something. Mass Effect 1 is the only game I have seen that ties shooting and melee together. It leads to awkwardness so I can see why they changed it. Any other game ever did this?

So don't do it.

Attached: xengun.png (494x1018, 484K)

What are you talking about? You could melee in all three games. It was useful in ME1 against certain enemies. Especially if you boosted your strength; you knock enemies to the floor.

Yes, expect a reboot of Mass Effect on the console that succeeds Xbox Scarlett II and PS6. When console GPUs will have probably 16-18TFLOPs, 32c/64t, tens of gigabytes of RAM and tens of gigabytes of GDDR8 or HBM5 or whatever next-gen memory solutions is created.

Basically when game companies can basically make games on the equivalent of a pair of 1080Ti in raw shader and dedicated physics throughput optimized to hell and back and porting it directly to console with little to NO overhead in reducing quality to get it to fit within a shitty hardware spec.

All gaming hosts, man or woman, blend together to me anyway

Nah, I think it will just fade away if Bioware doesn't survive this next release.

What could they do with the series anyway? Recovering it would require a director with some actual creative interest and ability.

Attached: dead.jpg (1620x1009, 1.19M)

>The Normandy and its capabilities don't really fit with turian military doctrine
What was turian doctrine anyway? Something something space Russia? I can't see how an invisible scout wouldn't be helpful to turians even with a different doctrine.

Reboot it completely. In about a decade, most people who played the originals will be too old to give a shit--and there will be a whole new generation of teenagers who would be a viable market for such at title. Sci-Fi and space opera titles will never get old.

aliens were scared of humans because most spaient species are discovered by the Council races in the pre-spaceflight stage, so they can "manage" them once they discover life in the galaxy exists and "welcome" them into the galactic community while weak and manipulable. However humans went unnoticed for long enough that they were able to study their own Prothean ruins, activate their own relays, create their own colonies, and build at least two interstellar military fleets before they finally contacted the turians. then they actually beat the turians in a fight (a relatively small battle, but most newly discovered races would be like pre-gunpowder african tribes in comparison to turian redcoats and never have a chance of even fighting fairly).
tl;dr they were afraid because they didn't get a chance to "massage" human entry into the galaxy, make them a vassal of one of the council races and stop them building space armadas

>What was turian doctrine anyway?

Blunt force with overwhelming firepower and never retreat. Turians hunker down with massive defenses on every world they control where-as humans maintain light defenses, if any, but have central fleet depots that can respond to defend many difficult worlds on short notice.

An invisible scout is useful to anyone but who has the real motivation to develop that technology? Turians are a rigid people and also a pretty honest people. Their style of war doesn't really prioritize something like the Normandy since they are relying on overwhelming raw force instead. Humans are really focused on the Normandy, and have cloned it at least once by the time of ME2, because it perfectly suits human military doctrine of having insurgent forces slip behind enemy lines to disrupt their logistical organization.

Again, I point out that we see no examples of the turians having the technology or utilizing it. We DO see the salarians use it and the quarians use it. How such technology was obtained by them is a mystery. Regardless, it is a stupid argument to say that Tali or some other thief stealing the tech is irrelevant because the turians might already have it. It misses the point that the tech was stolen, either from humanity, or from humanity and the turian hierarchy.

It is my personal opinion that the turians probably don't have the Normandy stealth tech. Building the Normandy with humans does not actually imply that they must have shared tech; all the turians did was design the over all layout of the ship. The important tech was developed by humans and it is a HUMAN ship after all in the HUMAN Systems Alliance. So the turians contributed but clearly the bulk of the intellectual and technological development was on the human end, as was the monetary cost.

Compare what turians developed with Reaper tech; they made better missiles. What did humans do? They made an AI.

Attached: 1363930785362.jpg (500x727, 119K)

It's all a complex game of power between the species. The Council justifies not allowing other races onto the Council by requiring that said species have the economy to maintain a vast military fleet. However to do that you'd need many colonies and to have many colonies, that would be successful, you'd need a fleet able to defend them. However fleets rely on Dreadnaughts (and later, after humans arrive, Carriers). As it turns out though the Council restricts the number of Dreadnaughts a given species can build. So the Council controls how fast you can grow in practical terms. The result is that in almost 3000 years of its history the Council has only ever admitted ONE new race into its ranks and that was the turians.

The turians at the time already had a massive military and held dominion over dozens of worlds. They helped turn the tide against the krogan. So the Council let them join. That was about 2500 years ago and nobody since, until humanity, was even a contender for membership.

Humans, like with turians, already had a pretty big fleet and several colonies when they met the Council. More importantly, they had devised Carriers which are as effective as Dreadnaughts but are not subject to any limiting treaties, so even though humanity has only like five or six Dreadnaughts they have another five or six Carriers, putting them on par with the Council races in terms of firepower.

You'll notice then that the only way to win your way onto the Council is to break its rules just enough to grow your power. Push too hard and the Council will smack you down. Don't push hard enough and they'll just exploit you like they have everyone else.

The other species are nervous about humans because humans have proven to be competitive and equal to the ancient Council races, and this disturbs the balance of power in the galaxy.

Attached: cerberus_phantom__parrot_edition_by_caramitten-d52opbr.jpg (550x573, 128K)

I see your point, though IMO any turian use of overwhelming force would still rely strongly on having good intelligence of the enemy's position, movement, strength, intentions etc. and when fighting on an interstellar scale when you can't rely on sensors limited by the speed of light, FTL scoutships would be quite crucial.

>tfw you get the few quality of life mods Andromeda has and it turns into a barely passable, thoroughly mediocre experience.

Are there any versions of the Mass Effect series that has all the DLC?

It wasn't just the history of humanity, it was human actions ever since entering the galactic stage. They had a larger base of power to start from compared to other Council client races, and were using that as a springboard to expand and build power and influence to an extent far greater than any other mid- and low-tier shitter species. They're already in a position to screw up the asari-turian-salarian triumvirate's dominance despite being newcomers, and even alter the council's internal dynamics (e.g. human and salarian shared recklessness makes them natural allies against the more conservative and rigid asari and turians). look at how all the great European powers in the late 19th and early 20th centuries got itchy about the rising United States or the creation of Germany.

+1
RIp

Sure, but they're also expensive and turians already have huge military expenses and their military culture and philosophy just wouldn't rely on them. Overwhelming force and an entire population mobilized means they just aren't that dependent on really specific intel.

Or Japan.

Rather than the games being about Reapers, I wish they had been about the various races competing for power. It would have been interesting see the galaxy shift in its alignment over a few games as humanity rises in power and finds it own allies.

The original dark energy plot would have worked great for making it about all the alien species being at odds with each other. Instead we got ancient evil awakens.

>tell council one of the spectres is an evil fuck working with a sovereign machine race of advanced intelligence
>"well why don't we call him and ask"
>ring ring... ring ring
>saren answers the holocall with weird machine shit all over his face and glowing blue eyes
>"i am not in fact doing anything suspicious involving a sentient race of machines"
>council then proceeds to call you a fucking retard and insist that all humans are brainlets
it's a bad feel

this is actually wicked interesting i wasn't aware of this.

The dark energy plot was just the explanation for the Reapers. I don't think any of it was necessary. The competing interests of each species are all the conflict you need.

>turian radicals want to reduce all other races to client status of the Hierarchy
>batarian supremacists want to expand slavery
>the quarians want their home world back, and some want to take control of the geth too
>the salarians have agents ready to unleash bioweapons on any race that might challenge their power
>the asari want every race disarmed and pacified by asari values and culture, a soft and "benevolent" empire
>the krogan want to restore their former glory at any cost
>the Council wants humanity to join with it for be cast down, but what if humanity shifts away from the Council and embraces the outcast races?
>a rival Council forms on Omega lead by humanity, batarians, and the geth-empowered quarians

There are limitless possibilities.

In the script Saren was supposed to have a non-Reaperfied model he would use up until your final encounter with him. He wouldn't have the machine parts until you meet him at the end of the game. It was cut for time/space though. Same reason female turians were cut despite being written into the script originally. THIS guy was a female turian. There are also several female batarians in the first novel but they never appear in the games.

Attached: CaptainVentralis3.png (669x641, 439K)

If ME had been purely about interspecies power struggles I'm not sure it could have clicked as easily, understanding those dynamics is something that takes time to appreciate after immersing yourself in the world and becoming familiar with all the alien terminologies and factions so they wouldn't be able to drive a plot from day one. The very and reaper plot works as a clear and basic understandable threat to build a plotline around while introducing and expositing the galactic community and interstellar relations around it. You can then expand the role of interspecies struggles parallel to the reaper plot, potentially working in the idea of one or more of the council races not taking the reapers seriously like in 2 which opens the door for them to continue playing their power games while the humans and any other races we collaborate with are distracted by the reaper problem.

>The very and reaper plot
*The geth and reaper plot

>If ME had been purely about interspecies power struggles I'm not sure it could have clicked as easily

Maybe not, but then normies have been the bane of anything good since time immemorial. I think being a super space cop secret agent who can kill anyone is enough of a selling point if marketed well.

Were the Reapers or the Collectors ever really the appeal of the series? I don't think so; the appeal was playing as a space hero and saving the galaxy. You can save the galaxy from internal threats and conflicts. You don't need an apocalypse by elder gods.

>nderstanding those dynamics is something that takes time to appreciate after immersing yourself in the world and becoming familiar with all the alien terminologies and factions

Wow, you're right. like an RPG!??
>mind blown

When I daydream I prefer to day dream about things that are good, too good for this world obviously.

The Reapers aren't necessary and aren't that interesting. Besides, you're wrong anyway. Lots of science fiction has prospered based on exactly what I outlined. Ever heard of Star Trek?

Put together a flash enough trailer and you will win over the pea-brained normies. In Game of Thrones did normies care about the White Walkers? No, not really. The focus was always on the people and the faction struggles.

so... you are completely wrong. Thanks for the thoughtful reply ,but I think I have thoroughly debunked it at this point.

Attached: smughappy.jpg (165x169, 9K)

The reapers very easily could have been made interesting, they just fucked up by not explaining anything until the very end and then having a nonsensical lore dump.

>Were the Reapers or the Collectors ever really the appeal of the series?
Putting collectors aside, the first confrontation with Sovereign was absolutely one of the memorable moments of the first game. Had they not done an abrupt lore swerve with 2 and 3, the Reapers could have worked as part of the tapestry of conflict.

Sure sure, I don't dispute that. Anything can be interesting, though. However I think that ultimately there is a lot more potential in exploring the different conflicts between the various species and factions. It's why a post ME3 galaxy interests me so much. The destruction rendered by the Reapers means that the playing field might have been leveled. Even without the loss of the mass relays you'd have a breakdown in communication and trade. With time there would be hundreds of petty empires, kingdoms, and republicans springing up all over the galaxy. A dark age of chaos, conflict, and conquest.

Still can't believe they made her infomation broker out of all the things they could of done

Attached: 6ZBHECO.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

We'll compromise by rewriting ME1. The story is much the same until the ending where Shepard defeats Sovereign AND the Reapers as a whole by allowing them to enter through the Citadel relay, only to blow it up. The destruction destroys all the Reapers and the Citadel fleet.

The aftermath will have the galaxy reeling in shock. Trying to figure out what happened and accept that this threat even existed in the first place. With the Council, and their fleet, gone, the various factions begin skirmishing to fill the power vacuum.

You COULD have done something like that, with the Reapers as a one-off enemy.

Attached: 1347927237194.jpg (383x397, 71K)

>With time there would be hundreds of petty empires, kingdoms, and republicans springing up all over the galaxy. A dark age of chaos, conflict, and conquest.
this would last about as long as it takes for everyone to be reminded at gunpoint that the council races' space armadas are ultimately still the ones left holding the most guns, which is the transit time from Earth where the armadas are to wherever some upstart colonel has decided to make themselves warlord.

>could of done
could HAVE you mean. "Could of" is not real English. You are just writing out an accent. When you say "could of" in real life you actually mean to say "Could have", but your accent is getting in the way. The more you know.

I agree though. Liara is a trainwreck of a character. Don't get me started on her.

But she's cute and seeing her and shep fall in love was worth it

>this would last about as long as it takes for everyone to be reminded at gunpoint that the council races' space armadas are ultimately still the ones left holding the most guns

Their guns are much reduced after that battle. The fleets would likely start to break apart too. Supply issues and the crews have their own families and homes to look after. Now, the Council, or what is left it, might retain direct power over certain regions but they certainly can't hold as much as they used to, not after the beating they've taken.

Besides, those fleets will probably be better to use servicing the devastated homeworlds.

idk if nu-bioware can at least make a 5/10 game

Fuck yeah warlordism! But I'm not sure anyone except Japanese sengokufags and chinkanese bugmen could truly appreciate the potential of a good warlord battle royale.

Attached: Chine_1925-1926.png (4000x4000, 2.66M)

>Replay mass effect 1 & 2 to get every choice possible
>Play 3
>Ending sucked
>Never replay Mass Effect ever again

Is Andromeda really that bad? I tried the demo and found the combat is not that bad but hated the characters? Is it worth a purchase at a heavily discounted price?

Hopefully not, this entire series is pretty trash gameplay-wise and only praised because it's babby's first "deep narrative", even though the story itself isn't anything special or even complex

Attached: 1456878210672.jpg (540x720, 56K)

If you enjoyed the combat a lot, sure.

Attached: 1540168341.nooneishere12_noontaur__2_.png (2886x2226, 1.63M)

Melee and shoot is on the same button I mean.

War games are plenty popular in the west. Anyway, I didn't say make a war game. That would just be the backdrop.

So you want Star Control 2 without the Ur-Quan

War games are popular in the west, but it's the orientals who have hundreds of years' worth of cultural romanticization of telling dolled-up stories of convoluted civil wars like the Sengoku and Three Kingdoms with a cast of principal characters and "heroes" that form a list longer than the credits of a AAA game's digital artists.

I don't know. Never played it.

>you will never get out of your rover atop a plateau on an uncharted world just to admire the gentle alien sunset

Attached: Mass Effect.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

If temperature and pressure are safe, I'm going to take my helmet off for a few moments just to feel the breeze on my face

Attached: binthu_by_celyntheraven_d7tgz5e-fullview.jpg (1024x626, 61K)

Fags bitched about the Mako so what does Bioware do? They just remove it rather than make it better.

based
Humanity First.

Attached: masseffect.jpg (1680x1050, 158K)

I let the Quarians live, it probably be useful for humanity to have one indebted ally. Plus quarians having to rebuild their entire society and being a much smaller population means they will never be a threat to human supremacy. Plus Tali is hot

Attached: tali.gif (245x249, 966K)

Renegade in 2 and 3, maybe. Renagade in 1 usually just means being an unprofessional asshole.

I'd let them live because I want to fuck the women. I want to worship the women. I am a quarian supremacist.

Attached: taliscaresmouse3.jpg (924x1080, 154K)

Reminder that Asari first discovered the citiadel and had kept vital prothean artifacts secret. They also live 1000 years. The Salerians and Humans should just combine their forces to wipe the Asari overlords and their turian dogs from the galaxy

Attached: liara.jpg (748x744, 92K)

Nah. There are two examples of that in ME1 and one example in ME2, but otherwise it is pretty sensible. In any case, I'm talking about the important choices. The Renegade choice, or at least the choice leaning towards it, is usually the most logical path.

In ME1
>trying to arrest the arms smuggler after Detective Chellick told you to just complete the sale
>letting the Council die out of spite
You should sacrifice the Council for tactical reasons, not out of political malice.

In ME2
>taking the Volus merchant's bribe on Ilium to keep quiet about his red sand business

Attached: 1335264194938 - Copy.png (478x478, 68K)

kek the reapers didn't even notice the Quarians.

>caring about gameplay in a bioware game

I can see EA selling the license or whatever for it

Actually after humans they were the next most favored for ascension. Only their weakened immune system from being confined on the Migrant Fleet prevented it. 300 years ago quarians were gods.

Attached: bigquariangal.jpg (1400x830, 244K)

>openly works as your engineer
>takes what she learns back home
>helps upgrade Quarian ships before the upcoming Reaper invasion
What's the problem?

Attached: human reaper concept.jpg (1071x720, 625K)

The problem is, she just took it and didn't trade for it. A technology that volatile should be traded for in some way. You don't just give it out. How many millions of credits and hours of research did it take to create that stealth tech? It is very valuable and can lend a lot of strategic influence to anyone who possesses it.

Let me outline such a scenario.

Let's say the Systems Alliance desires the assistance of the Migrant Fleet in their war. How might they win the quarians over? Well one option might be to sell them the stealth tech or trade it. That could mean the quarians just buying it or might mean the Migrant Fleet committing to the SA's war and then being given the technology afterward. It could also mean the inverse, that the SA helps out the Migrant Fleet in their own conflict, the SA's stealth frigates being utilized to the benefit of the Flotilla, and then the Flotilla assists the Systems Alliance.

The point is, it's a transaction. The Systems Alliance having that tech means they have leverage in negotiations to get what they need form the quarians. However if the tech has been taken by Tali then humanity has nothing to negotiate with. They are stuck adhering to the quarians' terms instead.

This again, is after humanity invested the time and money in devising the tech in the first place.

Her only real connection to the alliance just died and the reaper war was coming. Why the shit would she spend God knows how long opening up some vague negotiations for the right to use what she already learned in the face of oncoming extinction?

I'm sure to Tali and her people it would be justified, but it would be a huge loss to the Systems Alliance and would likely be a hindrance to good relations between humanity and the quarians.

Why shouldn't the Alliance hunt her down and kill considering her theft of that tech could very well endanger human lives and lead to human extinction? Let's imagine that Tali didn't steal this technology. In this alternate timeline the Migrant Fleet was not able to successfully attack the geth without that stealth tech. As such they were repulsed and the geth never turned to the Reapers. So when the Reapers are ravaging Earth humanity is able to ally with the quarians by covertly offering them the technology (either given to them directly or else via' assigning some stealth frigates to assist). Now all those missions around Rannoch are avoided and help is gained for the Alliance much sooner.

>Why shouldn't the Alliance hunt her down and kill considering her theft of that tech
I dunno user, why doesn't the USAF just dronestrike all the Huawei engineers instead of sanctioning or arresting them? Maybe because it would be a ridiculous diplomatic incident.

Mass Effect made me want to have a beefy Turian bf to cuddle.

No one gave a shit about the Quarians until Shepard reached out to them. Every Council race just wrote them off as banished scavengers that fucked themselves over by making the Geth in the first place.

Nice dodge. I think I proved my point, though. You can justify for Tali and the quarians why stealing the tech or doing anything else that benefits them is justified in their eyes. Much as you could justify the Alliance doing anything it needs to do if it means advancing their people. However that is kind of missing the point that the theft would be bad for humanity.

Like, I mean, for real, do you not understand this? I'm not judging Tali here as some god looking down from on high. I'm judging what the consequences and damage of her theft would be in human terms, to humans. Certainly at the very least Tali stealing the tech would be morally ambiguous because she'd have gained something for her people at the direct expense of another people.

What's your point?

The Council and humanity as a whole were never seeking to work with the Quarians. Just Shepard. As far as the Quarians were concerned they were always alone and standing at the brink of fighting for their right to exist and had to make do with what little they had to survive.

>The Council and humanity as a whole were never seeking to work with the Quarians.

So what? Eventually they did during the Reaper War. What I presented to you was a hypothetical. As well, apparently it hasn't occured to you that if the quarians have the tech then they can also sell it or trade it to others. This is a zero sum game.

Do you understand now?

I don't need to you explain the quarian's motivations to me. I'm not an idiot and I understand why they'd want to get that tech as cheaply as they can. However THAT IS NOT THE POOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNT!

Do you acknowledge that the quarians stealing the tech is ultimately damaging to humanity because it is a loss of bargaining power? That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying the quarians are bad or even that Tali is bad. Good and bad are relative here. It's good for the quarians, it's bad for humanity.

I am at a loss as to how I could possibly make this dilemma any simpler to understand. I suggest studying international relations and negotiations. Tech is knowledge and capability. It takes time and money to develop. For the party that creates said technology it is detrimental to have it stolen rather than purchased or traded or lent out on a conditional basis.

Money means jack shit at the apex of the apocalypse.

Attached: 79827.jpg (1280x720, 326K)

I missed out on all the DLC. Is it worth it?

I literally just outlined here: why you are wrong.

that's cool and all bro but in the actual game nothing bad ever happens because of that so i don't see the the point of this conversation.

Nothing bad ever happens as a result of poor decisions because the writers are hacks and the audience is too dumb to understand anything with genuine nuance. The issue of the stealth tech isn't even brought up in the game, which makes no sense. Like I said, the writers are hacks though.

Shepard going to the quarians to see if they'll join the Alliance and discovering they are using illicitly obtained alliance stealth tech would be a pretty big conflict to overcome in trying to recruit them. Shepard and/or members of the Alliance might want some form of retaliation or compensation. The theft would sow distrust before negotiations have even begun, making the whole concept of allying very difficult.

What if Shepard thinks Tali was the one to steal it? At least some Shepards (the realistic ones) would feel some negative feelings towards Tali because of it. It might be seen as a personal betrayal and as a reckless act that has made the current situation even more difficult for him/her.

It's totally a conflict that SHOULD have been in the game. Might be several ways to work through it. Might be a twist Tali wasnt' even the one to steal it. However the initial flare up over discovering the quarian stealth ship(s) should be present.

I'd die for a mobile Mass Effect game.

Shit, if anything it's really the Normandy's chief engineer's fault for letting a quarian hang out in the engineering spaces of a classified tech platform for weeks without blindfolding her, and also apparently telling everybody who passes by about how the stealth works.

they already made one. You play as Jacob.

Attached: mass_effect__cerberus_theme_by_troffel696-d38onmk.jpg (1280x721, 209K)

Yeah, it always bothered in ME1 that Ashley takes issue with Garrus and Wrex and not with Tali. It's Tali who is the threat. It would have been some nice roleplaying if Shepard had the option of banning Tali from being in the engine room. Then she'd be butthurt about it in ME2.

>its dead and its never coming back

Attached: 1559046330618.png (531x575, 248K)

If they could remaster the gameplay, it'd be nice. >_>

Tali didn't steal the tech. She had data on her omnitool that had been passively recorded while she worked on the Normandy. She didn't think to delete it. Her father figured out that she had it when she came back from Pilgrimage and asked for access to it but Tali politely refused, believing that giving it up would a betrayal of her former crew and captain. Everyone seemed to agree with her.

However Rael stole it from her covertly and when Tali found out the two had a fight. By the time of Rael's death in ME2 father and daughter had never spoken since or reconciled. Rael also had told everyone that Tali gave it to him willingly and since it was so useful and so volatile the other admirals kept it all hush hush.

Then in ME3 when Shepard comes to talk about allying with humanity against the Reapers he discovers the theft. Initially Shepard thinks Tali stole the data since she is the most likely culprit. However when the truth is revealed by Tali, there is chaos because admirals like Gerrel and Xen think Tali is again, a traitor for never willingly giving up the data in the first place. The hostility on all sides breaks down cohesion and the geth/Reapers begin advancing.

Drama. Good stuff.

I could live with a ME1 that has ME2 shooting, but I don't know how it would work. ME1's maps are designed like shooting galleries.

>zoomers asking remakes of 10 year old games now
This meme needs to end, just play the games and install some mods if you have to.

It's entirely Shepherds fault for bringing an unvetted alien onboard and giving her access to sensitive data and systems in the first place. Might as well get outraged at the local fox population because farmer Bob left his chicken coop wide open.

No argument there. I'd have raised objections if I'd been present, I tell ya'.

>remaster
Just mod it to use ME3 assets and it's fine on PC.

Attached: Mass Effect Screenshot 2019.06.22 - 23.58.07.41.jpg (2560x1440, 1.73M)

I miss that old school N7 armor

Attached: Medium-human-Titan.png (952x793, 527K)

EA cant even be a greedy shill corp correctly so nah

el goblina...

Attached: Choose carefully.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

Choose Ashley. Mixing with aliens is perverted and threesomes are morally unsound.

Attached: 12.2 - Copy.jpg (631x1600, 291K)

Pic related?

Attached: 8hiYgM9o5d27sudnkqGH77niG8GmHgucnXdmgf1tJ6M.png (1573x1624, 2M)

>star control 2 that low
absolutely shit tier taste