Who was the better final boss?

Counting both Vergil's fight with Dante and Nero

Attached: Versus.jpg (3988x3701, 3.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eY6BATNOMOA&t=51s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is quite ironic that Sekiro had better Vergil fight than actual Vergin from DmC 5

no shitflingin pls, want an actual discussion on who was better, not just sweeping statements, explain your point

Vergil in 5 is fucking boring. Relies far too much on Judgement Cut, the anime het fighter shit is absolutely retarded, and his only semblance of difficulty comes from his clone attacking you from off screen.

Ironically both games have pretty underwritten stories. But Ishinn was more impactful than ANOTHER Virgil fight imo.

here is your answer

Attached: 1555204877844.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

Ishinn was better gameplay wise but Vergil was more exciting.

Never played the new DMC but Isshin was kino and took maybe thirty attempts

Attached: FF5C2E31-6D19-4F1A-98EE-9D5B48439D48.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>Relies far too much on Judgement Cut
used plenty of other moves all the times i've fought him
>the anime het fighter shit is absolutely retarded
do you mean when he does the dive bombing thing? i thought that was pretty cool and invites you to test your skill with timing a RG release
>his clone attacking you from off screen
they programmed it so it specifically wouldn't do this, stop spouting shit

Isshin was the best one by far

vergil was a letdown

Virgin over there is one of if not the most dissapointing final boss in recent history so of course he's far worse
>shitting up your boss with your self insert powerfantasy just to make Nero seem in any way important to the plot
The only feeling I had when I saw the credits roll was: "that's it?"
Even KH3 had a better, more satisfying conclusion

Attached: 1560707825390.png (296x326, 116K)

Why does nobody remember that Isshin was so difficult multiple game journalists had to use cheats to defeat him.

Also a prominent YouTuber cr1tikal said he had to use cheese strats (that has been patched out) to kill him.

It’s pitiful really

Attached: 8FAB61D5-C235-409C-B212-09CB693F8A39.gif (372x200, 1.32M)

Should I really explain such an obvious thing? In DmC we had the bossfight with reused animations from 3 and DmC, nothing new and original. Also it is not important even for story, because in genius Itsuno's mind character development is unnecessary.
Isshin on other hand is unique and original boss. Also SS bossfight is pretty tragic, dramatic and important for the stroy (and yes, Miyazaki finally made a proper story).
It is KINO on so many levels, that DMC or Soulsborne can't even compete.

Attached: 1533892700536.png (482x610, 268K)

Would Sekiro be a good investment for someone who doesnt really like soulsborne games? is it different at all?

Insecure DMC fans fishing for validation again... Stick to your dedicated circlejerk threads please you disgusting fujos.

Attached: 1446092061947.png (285x281, 16K)

why are soulsfags like this?

this one

Attached: verg.png (1013x406, 796K)

Yeah plenty of moves like Judgement Cut, Rapid Slash into Judgement Cut, Judgement Cut into Judgement Cut. The dive bombing completely kills the pace of the fight, the dive bomb itself can be easily jumped over, really it's nothing more than an excuse for Nero to press O on him and get an even scripted grab. Whatever you believe, 5 is full of off screen shenanigans compared to the earlier games.

>30 times
Glad I'm not alone. No other boss took more than 10 times but isshin pushed my shit in, but it never felt cheap. Probably the best boss fight for me in recent memory.

>Isshin on other hand is unique and original boss.
Stabbing on old man for the sixth time is none of that.

Isshin, by far.

It shares the bonfire mechanic and replenishing healing items when you rest but little else.

Isshin is overrated. There, I said it.

Isshin, only because he literally come out of nowhere.

Vergil only cos you can do more shit with him. Both fights are 10/10 tho
youtube.com/watch?v=eY6BATNOMOA&t=51s

Attached: seknero.jpg (1200x1073, 239K)

Gyobu > Goliath
Lady Butterfly > Artemis
Genichiro > Cavaliere
Guardian Ape > King Cerberus
Corrupted Monk > Malphas
Owl > Urizen
Isshin > Vergil

>In DmC we had the bossfight with reused animations from 3 and DmC, nothing new and original.
That flying jet move is new, and sure it's not original, but it was still good, and Cavalier Angelo was good too

I like Vergil 5, especially as Nero with Silver Bullet playing.

But at the end of the day, it's just Vergil. He's just as fun as he should be but it's still just Vergil. Isshin is pure kino

>you disgusting fujos.
Since when was Yea Forums filled with girls retard?

Vergil was never a standout boss. Alma and Mirai in NG Black were more memorable.

I don't like the souls games but loved Sekiro because the combat system is very fun unlike souls

Right, without a doubt.
Vergil lost his spark after 3. At this point his name is just walking nostalgia that helps Capcom earn some easy ka-chings.

browse a DMC thread
it's essentially all people posting images of vergil and dante and asking 'what would vergil/dante do if x'
it's possible to browse an entire thread without seeing any gameplay discussion

that was only the month the game released. You know how fags and fijos are, they cling onto something and ruin all discussion but will drop it as soon as something else catches their interests

i caught one like that just last week

Sword Saint Isshin isn't event the best final boss in his own game. Only scrubs think SS Isshin was hard or even all that good of a fight.

>It’s another let compare two different games again episode

Attached: 7B2CB4E8-444C-438D-8645-08B6F4E60850.jpg (750x872, 62K)

although both are good, Vergil was way better.
Isshin pales in comparison to the mechanical depth of Vergil

The last DMC thread I saw was about the Visions of V manga, which I'd lore discussion, and I'm pretty sure I was talking with someone about the gameplay of DMC5 how it's compared to previous games last time

hey man they're two boss fights lauded as the best of the year, thought it would be fun to compare them and have a discussion, despite how hard it is to ever get one of those going on this board

In all fairness, OP was just trying to have some gameplay discussion on the mechanics of a good final boss, and used 2 relatively new ones to gain attension and generate discussion, but for some odd reson it went to shit, I guess Sekito fans don't like it when their game is compared to another

Why is Nero so much harder to use than Dante in DMC5? What am I doing wrong?

With Dante I can just royal guard all my problems away, but Nero seems to have worse damage, worse range, and doesn't have a panic button in the form of Sin Devil Trigger

Attached: 1354763338640.jpg (429x377, 41K)

Vergil easily.
It's the best Vergil fight in the series from a pure gameplay perspective
Ishin is just the same shit over again, there's nothing to it.

>Sekito fans
it's like that with fromfags in general
most autistic fanbase I've ever witnessed, yes even moreso than smashfags
just enter any DaS2 shitflinging thread
good games, but they have a terrible following

Attached: suprisedhoonta.jpg (631x457, 36K)

>but Nero seems to have worse damage, worse range
What? Do you not Exceed, charge shot and use up your devil breakers? Cause that's all you need to do with Nero and he deals alot of damage too, and are you not aware on how to dodge and use table hopper with Nero?

I make a thread wanting to discuss gameplay and it devolves into fanbase shitflinging. Of course, sasuga Yea Forums

This, Sword Saint is a much superior boss fight.