Is it safe to say each FF game got the remake they deserved?

Is it safe to say each FF game got the remake they deserved?

Attached: 643x0w.jpg (643x362, 99K)

no, I think FF13 wasn't remade into a gacha mobile game yet

> 4th best game ever (FF6) gets the worst remake because it's already a masterpiece
Yes

is it safe to say that OP has acquired the title of faggot as deserved?

Just play the Advance version with sound and color restoration hacks, or the Woolsey Uncensored hack for the SNES version

>Is it safe to say each FF game got the remake they deserved?
>6 they deserved
>6 deserves this
Nigger please that looks like a heap of trash i fucking hate zoomers. Zoomers are taking over FUCK ME DIE OFF!

Attached: 1558506679245.gif (246x205, 565K)

All the remakes/remasters besides XII have been terrible though.

Isn't the iOS versions just ports with the SNES ROM running on the engine's core? Like FFIX on PC.

VI absolutely deserved this yes

But V didn't, fuck you SE

5 and 6 sure as hell didn't deserve this treatment.

I'm still mad. I bought this on Steam years back and didn't realize it was this ugly until I booted it up. I'm surprised there's no mod to restore it to the original graphics.

Fuck no
>ff1 has several ok ports
>ff2 has 2 ports that make it slightly better
>ff3 port is a bit of a mess but so is the the game itself
>ff4 DS/PC is zoomed way the fuck in too far gba/psp ports and whatnot are ok though
>ff5 ps1 port is muddled translation gba is ok(especially once patched) 5 is a garbage fire
>ff6 is pretty much the same as 5
>ff7 is fine but has some effects that werent 1:1 like shadows, mouths look weird but can be turned off
>ff8 has a barely touched pc port that sucks(for the moment)
>ff9 is a mixed bag, everything is good except the prerendered backgrounds
>ff10 some of the main characters look way off
>ff12 is good even if they made it a tad too easy with double jobs but I like it'
>ff13 has no settings or something? didnt play the ports

Most weren't really remakes but 5 and 6 deserve much better, even 4's slightly janky DS port is still good with its camera problem

I don't get the people that say the Advance versions are shit. They have nice extra content. The sound is bad yes, but you can patch it back to SNES tier sound and the visuals are comparable especially if you're emulating and using something like mGba with color correction.

>deserved
Nigger there's a reason I just got a repro of the original game.

>you can patch it back to SNES tier sound
The patch makes it tolerable (to me) but I certainly wouldn't call it "SNES tier sound", it still sounds muddy, can't really help it with the GBA. Still my favourite version though.

theyre literally growing horns
fucking demons

why does strago have boobs?

>you can patch it back to SNES tier sound
You can patch it to make it sound less like ass, but it still sounds like ass.

No.
>Didn't get what they deserved
III, V, VI, IX
>Got what they deserved or even more
I, II, IV, VII, VIII, X, X-2, XII

Yet I prefer the originals for all of them.

He doesnt?
and if you mean setzer thats his cravat poking out

how come no one ever talks about the PSP remakes for FF1 and 2?

Are you playing the patched version on a GBA flash cart or something? Sounds fine on my PC. Of course it sounds like shit on the original hardware.

im surprised they never bothered to port the lightning trilogy

I dont like the look of the psp games for 1 2 and 4 personally

>mouths look weird but can be turned off
I think they look fine.

Attached: 1560307412087.gif (500x522, 1.78M)

You earn the title of faggot just by posting on this board.

It made sephiroth look like a blowup doll with a constant O face

Attached: download.jpg (1024x640, 116K)

I can’t stand the way the sprites look in the FFVI Remake. Looks like flash animation shit.

I also hate the sprites in the FFVII PC ports.

OG is the only way to go.

That's fair. They look fine as flat faces.

I still swear the mouths were animated for the original Eidos PC release or at the very least they weren't always fully open and had variety.

>I can’t stand the way the sprites look in the FFVI Remake. Looks like flash animation shit.
You and every person on the planet

God I forgot how bad these ios sprites were.

He thinks ff9 is good! Back to the cradle my little babyhoney

I don't thin there is a single FF game where the remake is the definitive game to play.

Almost every game where there is a fan translation+bug fix+QoL patch its the definitive version.

>fan translation+bug fix+QoL patch

perks of having an autistic fanbase

>he prefers the the original FF1 over any of it's ports
Fucking why?

If they were really autistic there would be a mod for the Steam version of FFV and FFVI to make them identical to the originals

I guess it feels more to the point and unpretentious. But also because I want computers in the game and the floating island to actually be a space station. The original is just a bit more balls to the walls.

I actually slightly dislike IX on average, but I just think the updated models on the old backgrounds just look aggravating and gross enough for me to say that it's clearly inferior as an experience.

I just want the original games, or the closes thing where possible.
But squeenix seems to have a severe allergy to being sensible.

V ps1 is """translated""" but it's fucking awful with faris literally being almost as bad as that episode of spongebob which they're playing the pirate boardgame and bob puts "arr" between every word, also shit load times.
gba has a better translation but is plagued by the tiny screen, washed out colors and awful sound.
And the pc/psp/whatever ports look like shitty flash games.

That's why I just got an snes copy of V with the old fan translation and the original VI.
Nothing fancy, no "improvements".
I just wanted the original games.

Thats a low bar. I figured I earned it when I put on a miniskirt and grinded on an old, fat mans cock until he fucked my brains out

>4th best game ever
With comments that specific, you'll have to elaborate.

The Fan translation of VI is great, played through it myself comparing it side by side with the original an Japanese, Can't go wrong with that one.

There is even a hack to make the font like in the US release, and I think some other ones. like restoring that cut boss.

The vanilla English VI is horrendous beyond belief, don't ever play it.

I wish 1 would've kept the original magic system, otherwise it was alright

>want to play every mainline FF (minus the MMOs unless if they ever DO release single player XI) in order to appreciate the evolution of the franchise
>Square makes it fucking impossible
I'm hoping Switch Online adds the NES and SNES versions to its library soon

have you tried emulating

I probably should just do that. Still have a couple of other game to finish before I get around to it so maybe Square won't fuck up