Smash opens the door to western reps with only two characters left

>Smash opens the door to western reps with only two characters left

Does this depress anyone else? There are so many good western reps they could pick now that we know those are okay, but they're not doing any more DLC fighters after this so we're unlikely to get anybody besides Banjo-Kazooie.

Attached: banjo_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg (905x882, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sora_sakurai?lang=en
twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1138759804208291841
youtube.com/watch?v=u29WUpWLZJk
gameinformer.com/2018/08/16/we-asked-blizzard-which-of-their-characters-they-would-want-in-super-smash-bros
daibunseki.tonosama.jp/page053.html
twitter.com/Rare_Gamer/status/1138549175535263744
youtube.com/watch?v=M8K1JB1V4K4&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=9bPTjgARnBU
youtube.com/watch?v=3gMFhJN8HQY
youtube.com/watch?v=lKkIJibd3rI
daibunseki.tonosama.jp/page195.html
youtu.be/xQQSe9bQn3I
youtube.com/watch?v=ATtLpjXTc7I
youtube.com/watch?v=SEIKkjZgMaw
youtube.com/watch?v=avtfC2Kh6Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=36qwmaIFbJY
youtube.com/watch?v=VSP9lx2OyK8&
twitter.com/NateToons_/status/1128064020894965761
youtube.com/watch?v=uKAtUeWCfrE
youtube.com/watch?v=hEdB5SadWbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S_6ChXTP9TA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They would be stupid not to do more DLC fighters. They fucking print money

And? They obviously don't want to be working on this game for another two years.

Do they really, though? I haven't seen much about DLC sales numbers, and Nintendo seems to force its team to stop working on games pretty quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stop just for Sakurai's sake.

Fun fact: Sakurai hates the idea of DLC and didn't want to do DLC for Smash in the first place, but Nintendo made him.

Nintendo "won" E3 in a lot of people's eyes with a DLC announcement.

Not a new game. Not a new system. DLC.

He's a pissbaby, what else is new

Nintendo won E3 in general really, even with no Smash announcement their show would have blown Sony away completely.

This one will make a great DLC. Great music, beautiful stages, original moveset.

Attached: Soon.jpg (644x362, 47K)

Then Nintendo will find someone who does, and Samurai's too autistic to let others do smash so when nintendie tell him they're just gonna do another wave of DLC with or without him he'll agree to do it even if he doesnt really want to.

Why not be grateful with what they already have to offer? I’m good when it comes to newcomers.

Only if he comes alongside his waifu _____2B

That's old Nintendo. They recently made a big deal about continuing support for any game that's still making cash

I'm thinking that at best we'll only get one more western character in the DLC at most.
>Actually, it was the first time to ask an overseas musician. I was worried whether my direction would pass from the language barrier, but I think I made something that fits perfectly.

twitter.com/sora_sakurai?lang=en

>In an old Nintendo Dream (from 2002) Sakurai confirmed that Banjo and Kazooie were planned to be a trophy in Melee. However, since Rare is a company in England it became difficult for them to approve the trophies and still have Melee on schedule. Joanna Dark was also mentioned.

twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1138759804208291841

If the man was this anxious about the language/regional barrier, I don't think he'd risk any issues from said barrier with the majority of the DLC especially given they have a fixed deadline.
Its not just the musician either, Sakurai tries to get full contact and communication with the owners as much as possible to make sure he's treating the character justice and gets as much consent regarding making any changes for the character for Smash's gameplay.
Also, I'm starting to feel that Rayman isn't playable because of the barrier making Sakurai hesitant
Like, he knows Rayman is highly requested
He definitely saw a shit ton of confused, hyped up comments when he posted that Rayman trophy on Miiverse years back
Hell, he probably knows about the fake Artsy Omni leak
But if there was anything holding him back it was likely either no Nip recognition (which would no longer be valid if Doomguy does get in) or the language/region barrier

Attached: otis-robot-chicken-4.83.jpg (210x240, 11K)

>so many good Western characters
JC Denton and Garrett don't count as a Western rep if Dark Samus didn't; so, name a single Western character that would be good in Smash other than
Doomguy
Chel from Portal
Jacket
Kerrigan
Reminder that Tony Hawk, Geralt, and Pierce Brosnan are, unfortunately, not video game characters and Shovel Knight has already been deconfirmed.

This. I'll buy every character they put out like the little smash faggot I am but if they announce that they are done then I won't complain. What I already have is fantastic

Which is why they're dropping support for Splatoon 2 next month despite its playerbase being incredibly active.

crash?

If it's mainly the top western choices like Crash Bandicoot or Doomguy then it's fine, I doubt Sakurai and Nintendo are dropping the Japan-first mentality and putting in only shooters and TLOU lesbians from here on in anyways.

Yeah, I have this weird addiction to getting new characters but when it comes down to it I'm just going to keep playing Palutena anyway. The real benefit is the stages and music.

I'd take Thrall over Kerrigan cuz I played more warcraft than starcraft but I'd take Kerrigan over tracer I suppose

Watch. They're just gonna move right into splatoon3

Why doesn't he just learn Japanese if that's the problem? Like he's literally had 20 years since Melee, you're telling me he can't learn Japanese in all that time? Also, how did the Cloaking Device from Perfect Dark get in Melee if he couldn't communicate with Rare?

: D
upboated good xir!
Do you think we could get a Borderlands character and black Ironman next? Maybe even a little Gone Home representation : D #MahbleSoEpic #shloota

#cringe

Sakurai knows Japanese but if you're referring to English
Some people just can't learn the language

This is likely why they revealed a japanese most wanted then a western most wanted. Even if the japanese liked both this pleases both sides regardless.

Attached: 1553537290422.jpg (600x800, 70K)

Blizzard said that if a Blizzard rep got in Smash it would be Diablo, which would be incredibly boring so I hope it never happens. Rather have Illidan. Also why is Diablo's breath called "Lightning Breath" when it just looks like fire?

These two are the only western characters I want right now, they're the only ones that feel like they fit among the rest.

>They went from being an obvious omission from 64 to an obvious omission from Melee
>Had they gotten in Brawl, they would have had a phoned in moveset like Wario and Sonic
>Smash 4/Ultimate is really the best possible time for the bear and bird to have gotten in,a nd the fact that he got in the ULTIMATE version of Smash is just pottery
I'm so fucking happy, bros

Attached: BanjoMonster2.jpg (800x778, 120K)

If Doomguy is the next DLC character, they'll reveal another character alongside him since Doom is niche as fuck in Japan
Now I'm not saying its gonna be weebshit to "balance it out" (Nips were hyped for Banjo as well you idiots), most likely they'll get a character who appeal to both sides.
If Doomguy is announced alone, it'd be a waste of time to most Nips and if announced in the end, the DLC might've ended a character before for them in that case

Attached: 1540169331347.png (528x501, 293K)

I think if they planned to do a Splatoon 3 soon they would have announced it at E3. Like that was literally THE place to announce it and we got nothing. I don't know what they're thinking but they're idiots for not continuing to support Splatoon 2. Do another expansion or something.

I like Sonic's moveset aside from his side B and down B inexplicably being the exact same move.

>They fucking print money
Not really. Hiring people to continue working on the game is expensive and the people who buy DLC will dwindle more and more the longer the game is out.

Nintendo won in my eyes for actually showing fucking gameplay.

What a novel concept, using gameplay to show off a VIDEO GAME

Splatoon is made by the Animal Crossing team who is currently otherwise occupied.

Oh shit, really? So that's why it's so good.

And Smash has no dedicated team
Sakurai said it himself that as time passes, it becomes smaller

I just wish he had his Sonic Battle overhead axe kick as his fair
Change that and make his fucking Side B a unique move and I'm happy. If you asked 9 year old me what characters I wanted in Smash, I would have said Banjo and Sonic, and the fact that 15 year old me got Sonic in Brawl and had to deal with his wack-ass moveset for a decade really bothered (and still bothers) me

Attached: 1560396868404.png (1000x1414, 401K)

You want your waifu to be a BWC slut after he is done with bayonetta?

Reggie said that every DLC would be something you wouldn't normally expect to see in Smash. And game Geralt is essentially his own character completely separate from book Geralt. He would be another unexpected but very good addition.

>(Nips were hyped for Banjo as well you idiots)
>most likely they'll get a character who appeal to both sides.
Crash is in.

Attached: 203495876323457.jpg (2048x1152, 334K)

The problem is, most western IPs don't have much appeal in Japan.

They like Minecraft and have some nostalgic affection towards Crash and Banjo, but that's kinda it. A lot of the popular western characters we circle jerk about like Lara Croft, Rayman, Doom Slayer, Master Chief, etc are basically no-names in Japan. Then you have Mortal Kombat which straight up does not exist there.

Attached: platformersalesinjapan.png (1874x649, 108K)

Don't forget Samus as well. We need to have three female characters in Smash with beauty marks on the lower side of their face.

Nintendo's unpredictable at best, I wouldn't assume shit.

Attached: pearl_harbor_is_perfect_for_the_switch.jpg (640x513, 65K)

r8

Attached: CI_NSwitch_SuperSmashBrosUltimate_FightersPass_image950w.jpg (950x534, 451K)

>Banjo for Microsoft literally and Nintendo spiritually
>Crash for Activision literally and Sony spiritually
Art

Attached: 1554586347006.jpg (500x601, 213K)

Literally impossible.

Yeah there's a problem with that
See Its possible but unlikely

Sakurai doesn't want to spend another year working on this, I'm sure he's already annoyed with having to work on the current set

>Why doesn't this E10+ game have a rep for the scat fetishists >: ^(
>WAAA WE NEED ANOTHER FURRY WAAAA

Attached: 1559482138971.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

>Kerrigan
Fuck you. Fuck you guys. I was literally the only person who EVER wanted her in Smash.

Attached: InfestedKerrigan_SCR_HeadAnim.gif (180x193, 1.56M)

If Crash is in this has to be one of his taunts.

youtube.com/watch?v=u29WUpWLZJk

Thoughts?

>Blizzard said that if a Blizzard rep got in Smash it would be Diablo
Proof?

cope zoomer

Attached: banjo and the boys.jpg (1280x797, 151K)

>There are so many good western reps they could pick now that we know those are okay
There really aren't.
There's like Doomguy and Rayman.
What other western character is
>Popular with Japan
>Has a history with Nintendo
>Culturally relevant enough to be included in an all-star cast of gaming's most important figures

Splatoon 2 is ending their events this month, and that stuff tales far less effort than making new fighters for Smash. What makes you think Nintendo even intends to continue anything beyond bugfixes and balance patches after February 2020?

*Kazooie poops an egg on you*

Kratos

>We got a chance to sit down with Blizzard around the time of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct and, with Smash Bros. on our minds and Diablo III coming to Switch, we had to ask: who would Blizzard want as a guest character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?
>Blizzard senior producer Pete Stilwell laughed, but gave a quick answer. "Personally, yeah, I'd love to have Diablo. That to me is the immediate one. Then if we had over time, eventually the heroes, go through all of them...or you could go really awesome and only have Deckard Cain."

gameinformer.com/2018/08/16/we-asked-blizzard-which-of-their-characters-they-would-want-in-super-smash-bros

Scorpion. In fact, he deserves it even more than Rayman

Attached: 14083699981223.jpg (554x467, 37K)

Deckard Cain would actually be the best possible choice for Smash.

Doomguy and Rayman aren't popular among Nips
Crash is though

Attached: 1535165330106.png (600x860, 173K)

Crash Bandicoot
>beloved in Japan
>games on gba and switch
>one of the most important vydia mascot of the late 90s

Attached: 1553899793699.png (894x894, 294K)

Sub Zero would like a word

Crash
Doomguy
Rayman
Objectively an Undertale character whether you like it or not

Attached: 1541646102966.png (282x219, 4K)

>calling anyone a zoomer while praising Crash and Banjo, the gods of zoomers
Non-zoomers want actual legacy picks and good modern picks like Akira (AstralChain)

Attached: 1559609205633.png (1011x767, 1024K)

"An Undertale character", like it would be anyone other than Frisk.
>But Sa-
NO. He's not the main character.

MK only has a niche, small following in Japan
Hell, an MK westaboo even compared the popularity of it in Japan to Dragon Quest's popularity in the West except you don't have to go to a fucking import store to get DQ in the West

Sure, I'll give you Crash. Maybe even Spyro. But I dunno, seems unlikely. Banjo-Kazooie is an honorary Nintendo character who has been requested since Melee and was always meant to be there at least as a trophy. He is a special case.

No, fuck off.

Attached: __twintelle_arms_game_drawn_by_fishine__965b4cc62be90f173cd12f68affab6af.png (1000x1414, 975K)

That's stuff is also free

lol retard

Attached: 1554586121492.png (485x823, 514K)

Scorpion is cooler

>knowing the names of more than one Undertale character
Why do normalfags not go back to Facebook?

>Toby knows Japanese
Aw fuck

Reminder that you will never be a mod or janitor and thus you cannot ever do anything to make me leave.

No way spyro is getting in, but I honestly think Crash has a decent chance. Apparently he's a very requested character in Japan

>Spyro
No
His games actually flopped there to the point of the third one not coming out
They fucked up the speed and camera so badly that it ruined everything

Attached: Mvc00105.jpg (640x480, 193K)

Sans' gimmick wouldn't transfer to Smash and Frisk is canonically a pacifist. Maybe if it were a tag-team of Frisk + Chara, where Chara does damage and Frisk does support/recovery would work. Aside from that, Papyrus, Kris, and Susie would all be fantastic choices.

>Yea Forums still seething about Undertale four years later

Attached: 1541968081108.gif (384x348, 3.87M)

*sigh*, Guess I'm gonna have to finally play Crash's games and see what the big deal is.

Look at this fucking poll of expectations of Japan. It got 2 of those right.
>Rex is not getting in (too late)
>Steve isn't in (not getting another Microsoft rep)
>Sora isn't getting in (not getting another SE rep)
Crash is in. and for exactly what said.
have sex, get fucked, and screenshotted.

Attached: Poll (East).jpg (685x568, 97K)

Sure, but he still has history with Nintendo and is pretty important in the industry. Also, I hear that MK2 actually sold well in Japan

Whatever they do with Frisk it would be a very unique moveset that they would really have to stretch to come up with so I'd be much more interested to see that in Smash than boring old Sans who just throws bones and shoots lasers. I think it would be cool if they did Chara as an alt costume like Alph or something, complete with lighter skin, open (red) eyes, the creepy smile, and such.

>Smash remix for 'The Roof'

Attached: 1560438850231.gif (400x318, 976K)

>*sigh*
anyway, Crash 1, 2, 3, CTR, and Bash are all fantastic. Crash 1 has admittedly not aged super well, but Crash 2 and 3 still hold up quite well. Crash 3 is a little less focused and more gimmicky than 2. 2 is the better game, but I still like Crash 3 more. CTR is the best cart racer ever made, and I say that as a huge Diddy Kong Racing fag.

Attached: ben zolo.jpg (594x679, 84K)

He's in

Attached: Richtofen_DE_BO3.jpg (457x749, 85K)

>There are so many good western reps they could pick now that we know those are okay, but they're not doing any more DLC fighters after this so we're unlikely to get anybody besides Banjo-Kazooie.
Who? There is Crash, maybe Rayman, but I cannot think of other worthwhile western characters who aren't just generic humans who need 12 hours of backstory to be "Interesting"

5/10 (on an actual non IGN inflated scale) linear 3D platformers that don't benefit from 3D at all. Nice difficulty, albeit in frustrating BS rather than actual challenge. The kart game is actually good but suffers from the series' hideous art style.

>Also, I hear that MK2 actually sold well in Japan
I need a source buddy but yeah, chances are Sakurai at least likely knows about it considering Kojima took a picture with Boon, Ono gave praise to MK's handling of story modes, and MK was one of the four games that influenced SamSho's development

>stock prices tanked at the news that animal crossing got delayed
>masuda turned the pokemon franchise into a dumpster fire at the treehouse stream
y-yeah guys... nintendo won....

Is it acceptable to play the HD remakes of Crash instead of the original versions?

Its either Crash for the reasons you specified or Doomguy for the Hines comment and Mick Gordon speculation
Is it possible to have both?
Yes
Is it likely?
Hell no

I dunno, Frisk is pretty boring in scenarios where he actually has to engage in combat and Chara is pretty much just a kid with a knife, which is why I want Papyrus or Susie really bad. Susie would be Smash's first Axe character and Papyrus would have cool movement-reversal shenanigans

Meanwhile at Sony's E3 conference:
OH RIGHT, THERE WASN'T ONE. AHAHAHAHA

Doom guy and scorpion (maybe with a sub zero eco).

Yeah, definitely. The physics are slightly off when compared to the originals, but its only noticable in Crash 1, and that game is definitely the weakest entry of the three anyways, so its not a big deal.

Attached: Green jinjo.jpg (762x752, 75K)

I really only want to see what a Smash render of this would look like.

Attached: 597d5290f7a0711be6a0fed58e084429.jpg (299x248, 8K)

I think, in theory, a Frisk moveset would likely incorporate the game's different weapons, so it'd be some wonky thing like K. Rool where he pulls out a boxing glove for one attack, ballet shoes for another, etc.

Swish is going to be the death of Pokemon. It looks like shit, half the roster is cut and once again they've cut the interesting gimmicks. Oh we can't keep doing Megas, that takes effort. Have a model resized 500% instead, that's much easier to do.

will you stop fucking complaining and be grateful for once? BANJO KAZOOIE IS IN SMASH

>b-but sony!!!!
square won e3.

No need to speculate, there's already an Amiibo.

Attached: 1531522580636.jpg (900x600, 28K)

rosterfags will never be grateful. they'll always move on to the next complaint, the next bandwagon.
the ballot was a mistake and sakurai should have continued to ignore these faggots.

Oh I'm grateful for them alright.

It's just still fun to speculate.

TIME FOR GENO BOYS

I'd recommend playing NST for the first one for the save system (trust me the original one was shit) and emulate 2 and 3 for the originals. You can still play the others on NST, but I prefer the original 2 and 3.

Attached: 220px-Crash_Bandicoot_2_Cortex_Strikes_Back_usGame_Cover.jpg (220x218, 15K)

This. It must release some endorphins in my brain or something because I can't get enough of it.

I loved that Metroid prime 4 and Zelda gameplay they showed off. So much fucking hype
Faggot

The Pokemon franchise has been a dumpster fire since the 3DS.
Nintendo had
>Luigi's Mansion
>Astral Chain
>Seiken Densetru
>Fire Emblem
>Witcher3
>Link's Awakening
>No More Heroes 3
>Daemon X Machina
>Sakuna
>Zelda Switch
>Panzer Dragoon
Microsoft had
>Elden Ring
>Tales of Arise
>Age of Empires 2: Remake 2
>Flight Sim Remake
>Halo
Square Enix had nothing anyone wanted and only
>People can Fly's next game looked bad
>FF8
>Marble Loot Game
>Some old VN remake
PC didn't even have a big game like Mountain Blade, Hitman, XCOM, or Total War like they've gotten in the past
>A few good looking indie games

Nintendo won by a safe margin

I don't remember seeing Sakuna at E3 at all.

>turned

>Square Enix had nothing anyone wanted
speak for yourself, bing bing.

Attached: sagae3.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

I'm happy about these, but I have to say Square is fucking insane to localize two more SaGa games when they can't manage to get this series to turn a profit.

>rosterfag
There's that word again. Imagine thinking that wanting your favorite character in the Video Game Hall of Fame that is Smash Bros is a bad thing. You're retarded, user. Banjo is the only character I've wanted for 20 years, and now that he's finally in, I am content with the game's roster and feel like the game is now truly Ultimate. Does that mean there are no more characters that I want in the game? Of course not, you fucking invalid. There are still hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of characters that would be awesome additions to the roster, and I'd be happy to see any of them, but yes, there are a few characters I'd like to see more than others. If that makes someone a "rosterfag", then almost everyone who has ever discussed Smash Bros in the last 20 years is a rosterfag.
>They're never grateful
I had to recover my Twitter account that I hadn't used in like 3 years just so I could Tweet Sakurai, Phil Spencer, NoA, and Rare, thanking them for making a pipe dream I've been living with for two decades a reality, and I signed that Thank You letter that someone made on Twitter twice. I've watched their trailer at LEAST 200 times at this point, and I have been saving up every piece of Banjo and Kazooie fanart that has been created over the past two weeks. You bet your ass I'm grateful.

tl;dr you're an idiot and I hate you

Attached: BanjoAmazing.png (804x1005, 1.57M)

It had a 30 minute Treehouse segment.
>Their only good JRPG series was at Nintendo
>No Yoko Taro
>No Painkiller successor just some co-op third person trash
>No Space Invaders
>No Bubble Bobble
>No Thief
>No Deus Ex
>Not even nuTomb Raider

We only need one.

Attached: doomguy-reimu.png (1332x860, 288K)

Fuck off

Bandwagoners always follow boomer picks, sorry you apparently can't tell the difference.

>Windows Reimu with purple hair
Whoever did this couldn't be bothered to do the bare minimum of research.

>the Video Game Hall of Fame that is Smash Bros
smash is just a party game, it's not fucking cooperstown. the unwarranted self-importance is just comical. smashfags need to get over themselves.

cope retard

Attached: 1560116922517.gif (249x187, 3.24M)

>smash is just a party game, it's not fucking cooperstown
You're so far in the minority your skin is turning brown
Smash is the vidya equivalent of the Oscars

>Subway theme remix

Attached: 1548172535275.jpg (544x400, 32K)

>Smash is the vidya equivalent of the Oscars
no it isn't. the oscars are an international news event that normalfags care about, or at least are generally aware of. smash reveals are just an excuse for youtubers to make more slack-jawed, bug-eyed reaction videos.
smashfags have to be the most delusional fanbase in gaming.

Why are they called beauty marks when it's so fucking ugly?

Cool opinion that only about 4 other people share with you bro

I'd take her over shit like tracer

Bug mom would be pretty cool.

to make people that have them feel better about themselves

Here's a Nip MK fansite
daibunseki.tonosama.jp/page053.html

twitter.com/Rare_Gamer/status/1138549175535263744
where the fuck is this "mayahan temple" sample from, because i cant hear it from the normal track. is it from the boss or what

It's so retro :3

It's vs Targetzan
youtube.com/watch?v=M8K1JB1V4K4&t=

Attached: 1560399510488.png (800x666, 195K)

I don't mind because I know Sans Undertale is next on the list

Attached: 1559332282528.gif (273x219, 75K)

Nah, people will still buy it anyway. It's one of those franchises that is too big to die.

oh damn, how did i not notice that. thanks user

Attached: D3B40AB5-6267-4D3E-9239-2CFBC123BD5E.gif (600x298, 672K)

>if i keep doing the same joke over and over for a year straight it's gonna keep being funny right

Scorpion has a response for Sub-Zero: GET OVER HERE
Sub-Zero confirmed as Scorpion echo, both of them are in.

I mean it's also in the main melody of the level. That's what all boss themes are based off.
youtube.com/watch?v=9bPTjgARnBU
0:47.

Sorry, I didn't realize we were talking about the specific sample in the twitter post, I'm dumb.

Yeah, but asked specifically where the sample used in the tweet was from

Joke?

>Echo
That's not how echoes work
Sub-Zero wouldn't use Scorpion's spear and flames

damn now i want sans in smash for new fresh memes

Attached: fresh memes.png (540x386, 149K)

And Chrom doesn't use Roy's up-B, so checkmate.

>Grant says it's Gobi's Valley
>guy replies with a comparison of Mayahem

Attached: cappythink.png (250x300, 15K)

I thought the same but he realized his mistake. And it is Mayahem.

he admits later in the thread that it was, he probably subconsciously thought it was Gobi's Valley, but in actuality, it was Mayahem

CERO was established long after the ESRB

This kinda fucks with my autism a little, he wanted all song references to be BK worlds, but put in a BT world jingle thinking it was a BK world and now you can't just undo that.

The Astral Chain protagonist has a name now? Huh. I guess that character is a possibility if Nintendo goes full advertisement again.

The only western characters worth adding are Rayman and Doomguy and the former is already a spirit.

Eh, he clearly likes the music he did for each game, Tooie's soundtrack is just as good if not better than Kazooie's, and he made a point to say how much he enjoyed doing Mayahem Temple's Mumbo chanting, and iirc his favorite piece that he ever composed for the Banjo series is youtube.com/watch?v=3gMFhJN8HQY

Attached: Banjcakes.png (475x477, 545K)

>Rex, Homura & Hikari
So Japan actually wants Mythra too? I hadn't seen any demand for her until now.

iirc Mayahem was going to be a BK world at first.

>They want more pokémon

Attached: 7e7.jpg (600x338, 52K)

It's more of a "5 BK song references are now 4 BK and 1 BT because the composer messed up" issue, I also think BT's ost is much better than Kazooie's.

That doesn't really help.

Wider

What the fuck, Rayman is a spirit?

Do Subby and Scorpion share normals?

Its who they expect dumbass

He's one of the early roadblocks in World of Light.

Yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=lKkIJibd3rI

>that fucking pencil guy
slays me

MK Westaboos seem chill
They do meet ups
daibunseki.tonosama.jp/page195.html

Who is it?

the first american character should be Age of Empires 2 monk

Banjo and Kazooie are right at home in Smash
Spyro and Crash would be based
Chex Quest should be in Quake Champions for the sheer ridiculousness of it
the rest can fuck off, save for maybe Jim being a spirit or maybe even an AT

Attached: rariatoo-e3-2017.png (1240x1000, 1.16M)

YU-NO is an absolutely legendary game and if humans treated visual novels the way they did other games it would be seen as an all-time great.

>the oscars are an international news event that normalfags care about
not according to their ratings for the past decade
would argue that smash is bigger in the cultural zeitgeist now

Wild Woody

Wild Woody
youtu.be/xQQSe9bQn3I
He's like the ugly steve render but they put him in a commercial product.

CALL ME WOODY
WIIIIILD WOODY

Seems like a masterpiece, Steveposters should have rallied behind this character instead.

Gex is obviously the next DLC.

Nah, Steveposters are zoomers who never grew up on him

legacy choices (i.e. doom) > generic characters that people bandwagon

i agree
fuck joker

Doomguy was bandwagoned specifically because of the fake 5ch leak. I had never seen a single person suggest him before this game. Don't get me wrong, he actually has a chance of getting in now that he's on a Nintendo system and Banjo is in, but nobody was asking him until recently.

>nobody was asking him until recently
nah son. back in the melee days

Attached: cf6.jpg (973x599, 275K)

People began asking for him the moment the Swithc port of Doom was announced and then came the Hines interview

I didn't think it was possible in the Wii U era

smash is a franchise that celebrates multiple ages of gaming. stop being a faggot

Its the idea that a person is so beautiful that a mole is their only imperfection. An angel on earth with that one mark as proof they are human.

Jim if he was an assist should be like game and watch and be the one hand animated assist/entity in the game

That is deep.

Cherrypicking

I thought they won E3 because everybody else just showed a lot of CG trailers and boring-ass presentations while Nintendo actually showed games, gameplay and release dates. The Hero/Banjo DLC was just a rad bonus

He's full of shit anyway, they did show Zelda gameplay.
youtube.com/watch?v=ATtLpjXTc7I
youtube.com/watch?v=SEIKkjZgMaw

those games don't even exist yet

And even then the BotW trailer was an in-engine cutscene unlike all this FMV crap Sony likes to show.

He meant botw 2 I think.

Still cherrypicking though as there were 3 days of several hour-long streams showing gameplay of most things that were in the direct.

user, I don't think you're the kind of person they're referring to. You don't need to be so defensive.

I like Overwatch but Tracer specifically sounds like a huge pain in the ass as a Smash character. The time rewind just sounds really frustrating in a game like that.

Diddy opened the door over a decade ago

faggot

I'm kinda banking on Crash Bandicoot if I'll be honest.

Attached: crashbullshotrender1.png (1220x1498, 993K)

That's midway or makin, not Pearl Harbor

>relevant and popular
>genuinely good addition
>moveset that writes itself
it would be weird if it didn't happen

Its either him or Doomguy as the additional western rep
Both are possible but unlikely

This is fascinatingly terrible. Good lord.

>>moveset that writes itself
Huh? Tell me what moveset he would have.

>Japan gets DragonQuest
>USA gets Banjo
>Europe gets Rayman
ITS HAPPENING

Attached: raimon.jpg (1920x1080, 315K)

Europe is irrelevant

>Europe caring about Rayman at all
Also there's no Europe-based game conference at which to announce it.

>pic

Attached: 1558984936049.gif (490x374, 1.85M)

Banjo is English you fucking cunt

did I just witness PENCIL TITS

Attached: banjo02.png (216x228, 21K)

Banjo is EU, it's a UK character by a UK-based company designed by a British man; not US at all

the absolute state of sonic imitators in the 90s

>hating on based Plok

Wow. You're still trying, Stevefag?

The sad thing is the butthurt autists who made this would be in favor of more "human" fighters or other overrated garbage like Sans or Reimu.

Attached: 1553562366776.jpg (687x687, 54K)

>like half the people on this image are based
>gex has probably slept with more women than the user who made this image

Attached: cereal_mascots_don't_belong_in_smash.jpg (665x432, 56K)

Did you just list Reimu separately from human fighters.

He used this image constantly in steve threads.

she's gonna fucking kill him

Attached: 015.jpg (570x545, 41K)

Banjo is from Europe.

No if you listen to him talk he's clearly from Texas.
youtube.com/watch?v=avtfC2Kh6Ho

Way to out yourself as a sheep

UK isnt Europe; and besides, Nintendo 64 sold like SHIT in EU and no one remembers it. Rayman, however, is still remembered by many
Is it cheating because it was on Playstation? Maybe, but then again Joker isnt a Nintendo character

Fuck the west, white people haven't created anything of genuine artistic merit in the last 50 years.

dumb euro tranny

calvin and hobbes for smash

not him but i got a vid
youtube.com/watch?v=36qwmaIFbJY

>UK isnt Europe

People still wanting Lloyd after this long

>ywn

Attached: 1512794566542.png (576x590, 337K)

And not to mention the longer they do DLC, the more that the base game feels less like a complete game on its own. In an era where its all too common for developers to release a game half baked and then charge lots of money for microtransactions and DLC the crap out of everything, Smash Bros stands out as the rare exception. I don't understand why some people want Smash to be milked to death DLC wise. Be grateful for what we get!

You need to get a life, idiot.

>UK isnt Europe

NEVER!

That's the problem with Tales. It deserves a rep but no single character feels right because the protagonist is different every game.

Not surprising that the guy working in a Diable title and trying to build hype for diablo would suggest diablo

sakurai never said that, he only said he doesnt like season passes, he's fine with DLC.

Doomguy has been on Nintendo systems since the SNES, I've been wanting the guy since the first trailer, the fuck you talking about

It depresses me that there's people like you that want Western reps before actual Nintendo characters.

Attached: 21416101920.png (403x281, 154K)

We have every actual Nintendo character worth adding into the game. What the fuck else could you possibly add? The only thing left is third parties.

not a personal want of mine, but i think Dixie Kong is oddly missing

Fuck off raynigger

>implying there's any relevant western character left to add.

In his recent book, Sakurai said something about DLC, that they only represent like an 8%, at best, of the game's profits.

>tfw that slot was our last chance and he's never gonna be in

Attached: 5967.jpg (1280x1024, 115K)

Marina from Mischief Makers. idk what her move-set would be, but he stage would be really cool.

Or Joanna Dark.

Or an inkling.

Or motherfucking WALUIGI

honestly I just wish they'd remove the DQ rep. DQ is so fucking boring. There's literally a Final Fantasy character already in.

Bro the first two are not Nintendo characters and Inkling is already in the game.

Like what? Bandana Dee? More Pokémon? FE? Only interesting Nintendo character left is Porky and you know it

I would honestly take Master Chief over most of the DLC characters announced.

Perfect Dark is on the N64, so is Mischief Makers.

BUT THEY'RE THIRD PARTY YOU DOPE.

Which one is the Cloud of Tales?

In the classic MK games they do. And considering Ryu and Ken are both based on SF2, it's those games Sakurai would likely look to when designing Scorp/Sub. Them being echoes with all the same normals but unique specials is the ideal outcome imo.

Porky is a meme. How about a truly missing character?

Attached: 16191569125.png (256x256, 49K)

>inkling
user, where the hell have you been?
>but he stage would be really cool.
guys this person might be an alien

Attached: mimerun.gif (500x498, 1.39M)

maybe one day

There are no good western reps unless you want generic military shooter characters

Doomguy should be in Smash

Attached: 1532707865970.jpg (125x122, 3K)

What's wrong with his model, is it the size of the mouth and his teeth?

Did he ever have a big smile like that?

Now that she's back in Kirby she's basically a lock for Smash 6 unless they suddenly stop making her again.

Unironically Steve
no I wasn’t a Herobrine poster fuck off

>Death Stranding
>FFVII remake
I would trade every single game on your list for these games.

Stop using that shitty smashified fanart and post the real render

Attached: 1561007604468.png (894x894, 837K)

because Doom became relevant again and people care less about "important to Nintendo" rulefagging than ever

Probably Yuri
They had to put him and Leon in a special hall of fame because they would automatically win character polls
Although Lloyd is probably the cloud for the nintendo crowd

I just don't get why they went all in on Banjo having that weird piece of hair that just sticks out. It looks strange.

Attached: Scorpion.jpg_large.jpg (1440x1696, 222K)

i like your optimism but I'm gonna wait to see if she returns in the next kirby before saying shit like that
Her appearing in merch for once is a good sign

>Leon
Leon is probably less favoured than even Luke. I guess it's a toss up between Yuri and Lloyd.

If there's ever a Tales character.

Boring. Porky would be way more fun

He's always had that but it was less pronounced on his in-game model.

Lloyd is comparable to Cloud in that Symphonia was a lot of people's first Tales game (and also the first 3D Tales game) so people have fond memories of it. But Yuri is definitely comparable to Cloud in terms of actual popularity. By the way, did anyone ever notice that the plot of Symphonia is basically just the plot of FFX?

youtube.com/watch?v=VSP9lx2OyK8&

Devlover won

It would have just made more sense when they modernized his appearance for Smash for it to come out naturally like the OP pic's art instead of just sticking straight out like a piece of wood.

>poll of expectations
Damn, I didnt know it equalled poll of reality. Now cross out the expected fighters that didnt make it

Hang on, there's Adeleine merch? Where can I get it?

Honestly, OP's render was the best one we had till we got the official one. The other two were awfully off-model, at least this one was somewhat decent.
I'm so glad to finally have an official render though.

Scorpion would be the best western addition, plus he'd be another fighting game rep which Smash is weirdly lacking beside the SF shotos.
MK11 wasn't even released in Japan, though, and I know it's not very big over there to begin with. Not sure about the other MK games.

Attached: 1553627491971.gif (300x300, 17K)

Who did this?

>trailer
>Meta Knight is walking around and suddenly a strange figure runs by and so Meta Knight attacks but misses
>Meta Knight looks back it's Scorpion and they begin to beat the shit out of each other
>gameplay reel
>Scorpion and Meta Knight keep fighting then suddenly look into eachother's eyes as Ryu and Kirby appear in the background
>Ryu and Kirby run towards Scorpion and Meta Knight as they do the same
>huge clash focusing on Ryu and Scorpion's fists and the screen flashes white
>Super Smash Bros. x Mortal Kombat

Attached: 1550543457141.png (498x230, 223K)

>now that he's on a Nintendo system
Apart from Doom 3, every main-series Doom game has been on a Nintendo system. There was also a Nintendo exclusive called Doom 64. Use that phone you love so much to some research before you spout shit.

Attached: summer.jpg (478x328, 26K)

Funnily enough the only reason Steve is so popular is BECAUSE the notion that he was getting in was spread around so much that people expected it. He's not organically popular as a character, people were just certain he was in because of Vergeben.

It would also be odd to add 3 Rare characters in one game, to be fair.

Eh, Marx, Dee, Magolor, Galacta Knight and Dark Matter all seem likelier than her.

She's in that Where's Wally spinoff that released a few weeks ago

Sub-Zero, Ermac, Reptile, Rain, Noob, Smoke and Mileena would be his alts

Uh, no?
They share many of the same themes but many of those themes are just common themes that already existed in the tales and FF franchise to that point

Their render would be so good if Banjo didn't have a weird "you took my picture when I wasn't ready" expression

I'm not the biggest fan of fighting game characters actually being in Smash, because to me the whole appeal of Smash is getting to play as characters who normally wouldn't be in fighting games, or even action games really, in a fighting game. I feel like a fighting game character is a wasted pick because you already know how they're going to play and you can just play their actual game to play them.

twitter.com/NateToons_/status/1128064020894965761

Dark Matter will never happen unless Sakurai lets go of this series, he fucking hates Shimomura. Did you notice the Dark Matter spirit doesn't even have Dark Matter's battle theme?

This

MK has a really small but dedicated following
See Someone just translated MK11's story and is now doing the same for MKX

Yeah, as a spirit

>There are so many good western reps they could pick
such as?

It should be Sub-Zero so that this theme can be in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=uKAtUeWCfrE

>Marx
boss material
>Dee
true
>Galacta Knight
will probably remain a skin
>Magolor
eh, maybe
>Dark Matter
boss material

Neither will Adeleine. And at least Dark Matter got a Spirit which is more than Ado.

>boss material
You realize Marx is actually already a boss.

smash isn't a fighting game, and there are some fighting game characters that would be more fun to use in smash. twelve from third strike comes to mind instantly.

Megas weee a shit gimmick and cutting them is the only good thing SWSH has done so far.

Inevitable.

Attached: add[1].jpg (981x1199, 192K)

Nah, that's a victory screen.

Eh, they still exist, they just didn't add new ones.

>Marx
Star Allies
>Galacta Knight
Either a semi-clone or an Echo with a different Down B.
>Magolor
Just behind Dee in terms of requests in Japan
>Dark Matter
Swordsman form

He included every animal buddy as a spirit. I'm convinced Ado not being a spirit is just an oversight. He doesn't show any animosity to recent Kirby, he just likes to include things he made.

I'm mixed on this because a Scottish accent in Smash would be nice but at the same time you wouldn't be able to play as Pyra so it would just be another boring sword dude.

GERALT

Maybe they could make it so you can change between one or the other with a special move, kind of like Ice Climbers with a twist. they could borrow the idea from the special moves from XC2 and the combat from Torna.

i would rather gargle pig shit than see the geraldo disease spread to smash

so happy for banjofags, happy because i wanted banjo in as well

but it hurts bro. this is the ultimate roster, sakurai already said they'll probably cut people in the next smash

it's not fair, it hurts

Attached: 220946.png (192x192, 42K)

Well it's certainly possible because Shulk is absolutely fucking nothing like he is in XB1 so anything is fair game I guess.

BOOK
CHARACTER

Attached: Otis fire.jpg (1278x822, 44K)

Could Otis be in Smash?

Mom said it's my turn in smash.

Attached: Mom said it's my turn on the BFG..jpg (1280x1231, 264K)

well have fun with that user. Death stranding is going to be shit and you'll probably still be in denial about that after playing it in a few years, and FFVII remake is probably going to be decent, but I'd still rather play the 6 Nintendo games from that list i'm interested in personally.

How could anything with Mads Mikkelsen in it possibly be shit?

dude master chief is not going to be in lol

You'll make it Genobro

I have accepted it at this point
at least we might get the mii costume back

Attached: never_forget_by_novanim-d7dseqw.jpg (400x829, 30K)

>NOOOO HOW COULD MY RANDOM PARTY MEMBER FROM A SINGLE SPIN-OFF MARIO GAME NOT MAKE IT IN

Attached: 1479151093997.jpg (348x383, 67K)

If Geno was owned by Nintendo then he'd probably be in. Being owned by the company that owns so many other iconic characters kinda sucks.

have faith my friend, we'll make it.

Attached: project geno.png (1481x1573, 1.85M)

The Hero will bring the costume with them. Since the character is really just F@$K the star spirit, and the doll was just something he was possessing, just think of the mii as his new body.

doomguy you fuck

Why the fuck would you think this? Just because Yea Forums never shuts the fuck up about DLC wars and a bunch of literal whos on Youtube get fake excited about it doesn't mean DLC is in high demand.

It's not hard to do so when their competitors are more focused on shoving homosexuals on what is essentially a kids hobbie instead of showing videogames.

>they still exist
are you out of the loop?

Doom has been a legit contender since its N64 exclusive and became relevant again recently. He's been requested since the Switch port, and Hines said they've got more surprises for Nintendo fans.

banjo was #1 trending on twitter for most of the world
the game has sold 15 million copies
it's a big deal

by being made by Kojimbo, one of the biggest hacks in the industry? He's living good off Sony's dime tho, so good for him, I guess

No user.

Do people still actually have an interest in this character, because I seriously doubt there would be anybody still clamoring for him if there wasn't that buzz for him from Brawl.

>UK isn't Europe
Even if it actually wasn't, still not USA you fucking mongoloid

AAAAAA GIVE ME DOOMGUY
youtube.com/watch?v=hEdB5SadWbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S_6ChXTP9TA

Attached: groove.gif (800x1373, 1.12M)

>rayman with limbs
cringe

Actually that's a paintbrush.

his cg render better be the doom 1 box art pose

Of all rosterfag picks Geno is one I will never understand. Surely you guys don't want every one-off side character you happened to like to be in Smash Bros.

Doomguy would be worth it for the music alone.

It's great to see so many people supporting the Doomguy now. He really is the GOAT pick. He's not going to be in it

sarge was never going to be in dude, get real

What? Kojima is perfect.

Bro he is not getting in.

nobody genuinely cares about geno being in smash, it's just rosterfags trying to keep up their "characters I'm supposed to want for smash" circlejerk culture.

the fuck would his moveset be anyway

you mean it opens the door to more sausage fest
>OWMF OWMF I LIKE MALE CHARACTER COCK, ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY AS A *GIRL* TAKES IT UP DA ASS LMAO GAY OWMF OH BANJO YOUR BEARDICK SPOOGING INSIDE ME

kazooie is a girl

kazooie's name was not the one constantly called out to in threads or twitter or youtube

Is he in?

Attached: dcy7cxh-244722ae-0d44-4a20-9665-e5618fa9e3a5.png (422x519, 333K)

So? This is like arguing that Nana doesn't count.

she doesn't

you can literally select and play as Nana

came here to post this

and popo is still the default
how about a purely female character instead of this "there's a female version too"

Why does this matter to you?

because i feel like it mattering to me

prime 4 had to be restarted and botw 2 was only just announced, stop being a little cherry picking faggot

holy cringe

one day my friend

Attached: genobama.jpg (1200x1200, 218K)

NOOOOOO YOU'RE CAN'T CRITICIZE GENERIC 90S VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS BECAUSE I GREW UP WITH THEM!!!! DELETE THIS NOW!!!!!!!! BUBSY FOR SMASH!!!!

Attached: cryingsoyjack.png (785x1000, 254K)

I -UNIRONICALLY- hope a Undertale rep gets in.

>calling Bad Mr. Frosty a cereal mascot
i dont even want him in smash, but perish for all eternity

Attached: frosty 3d.png (718x620, 363K)

Imagine being this fucking stupid

I doubt even a majority of owners of the base game buy all the DLC let alone even some of it. I'd go as far as to say I doubt anyone but the severely autistic even play this game outside of occasional gatherings.

>tripfaggot trying to shittalk anyone else
>that holy autismo username

Attached: sex.png (759x461, 350K)

>zoomer can't accept the idea of a based legend like gex getting in
keep seething Fag

Attached: Gex.png (480x480, 182K)

Attached: dude.png (495x560, 172K)

H-HE'S NOT A CEREAL MASCOT OR A FURRY, HE'S BASED!!!

Attached: soyjack1.jpg (243x234, 8K)

Face it, youngster.
You lost.

Attached: turtle.png (843x471, 719K)

"sex? with you? HAHAH god no!"

Attached: 1554853664498.gif (325x326, 1.94M)

Attached: Faggot_Identified.gif (500x333, 150K)

>he thinks a snowman is a furry

Attached: sensible.gif (415x364, 1.87M)