For people with 300+ steam games, how the fuck do you categorize your games?

For people with 300+ steam games, how the fuck do you categorize your games?

Attached: 1334855416602.gif (324x219, 2.04M)

i dont, just select "installed" at the top

I dont

Attached: 1378157248738.gif (1076x1105, 637K)

This

>Beaten
>Plan to beat
>Will never Play
>Multiplayer

I uninstall my games after I’m done playing them. The only ones that stay installed are dedicated multiplayer games

Attached: gaems.jpg (547x1440, 94K)

It's such a pain in the dick to categorize them, I don't bother.

>Favorites
>Games

Attached: Luigi.jpg (480x480, 52K)

by franchise

>Beaten
>Junk (games that got free remasters for owning original)
>Shit I'll never touch (crap from humble bundles)
>Games

alphabetically

>RPG maker (41)
>18+ (40)

Attached: 1391600696383.gif (500x500, 1.71M)

alphabetically

I don't. I have 560 games and rarely have more than one or two installed at a time.

This. Anything else is autism.

Attached: 1350868741227.jpg (239x258, 13K)

I group them by whatever sale I bought them during or whatever humble bundle that had them. Everything else goes in "Favorites" for games I'm currently playing or they go into the non-descript "games" pile.

These are the only categories I've ever needed

Attached: Capture.png (275x182, 32K)

There are 3 cetegories:
Favorites: the games i currently have installed + my backlof of games i actually want to play
Completed: games i already played a lot and dont intend to replay in recent future (i dont like replaying games that much)
Others: everything else. Mostly shit i got from bundles, deals, etc.

-shit you are curently playing (installed)
-shit you are playing in the future
-shit you already played
-shit you will never play

Attached: 1560057953284.png (951x942, 180K)

>Ubermosh
based

Attached: bladesaint.jpg (225x225, 10K)

>backlog
>current
>favorites
>games, for shit I finished and doesn't fit anything else
>SHIT

By genre? How is this difficult? If a game has multiple genres you can put it in multiple categories as well.

Though I rarely use the library search unless I'm looking for an old game to replay, since I only play 3 or so games at a time and they're always just icons on the desktop.

>Unplayed
>Buyers Remorse
>Currently Playing
Everything else goes in the default Games category.

By installed and uninstalled

this
something like 700 games and less than 30 installed

>buying games you have to force yourself to play

Attached: YOU DOLT.png (165x237, 92K)

Alphabetically

>Have 2k games
>Dude, I only use installed/uninstalled
>Finish installed games
>Slog through 1995 unsorted games.

Going by installed only is literally poor people filters.

This. You gotta be really retarded to put categories on games. Like don't you know what is in your library? Or you buy some shit and don't even know it's genre?

>Favorites
>Single player
>Multiplayer
>"Series 1"(i.e. TES, RE, etc.)
>"Series 2"
>Games

I dont, they are alphabetized automatically.
You can also click on any game and start typing the name of the game you want and it will bring you to that title

Attached: games.jpg (92x177, 8K)

I can barely remember buying 75% of my library these days. I even forgot I owned Sleeping Dogs and Metro 2033 before I saw them again a few days ago

>Point and click
Why is this separate from first person?

Some people have been buying Steam games for 12 years user. To use a console comparison, do you remember every single game you own for the PS2/Gamecube?

Genres via Depressurizer plus Finished / Completed / Dropped categories.

>completed
>action
>adventure
>arcade
>fighting
>platformer
>puzzle
>rpg
>strategy
>VN

Attached: OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAnIZoH7PJ5qp2bRbPBYIsU0.png (1360x768, 689K)

I own plenty of games I got through humble bundles years ago I have no intention of playing

I have up on that, now I use the search bar or click join off of a friends game.

I unironically deleted 99% of bundle crap I got over the years, more than 300 deleted games. I regret nothing.

>he plays enough games at the same time to warrant "finished/currently playing" categories
You know you can't truly appreciate a game if you're playing it along side dozens of others, right? Play around 3 games at a time, and you'll get more out of them. One or two single player games and one "endless" game like a roguelike/lite or competitive fps/rts/fighting/puzzle/etc.

by publisher if there are more than 2 of that publisher
rest gets thrown in "games"

I mainly categorize games as follows:
• 100% Complete
• Finished
• Played
• Unplayed
Sometimes I forget to keep these categories up to date, but I try.

Then I categorize applicable games by series, just for the sake of having sane organization for games whose titles don't align alphabetically to all of the other games in the same series (e.g., The Ultimate Doom not being under D with its sequels). The completion-tracking categories above are named in brackets — e.g., "[100% Complete]" — to separate them alphabetically from the series categories.

I've thought about doing more with Steam categories. I once tried categorizing by genre, but by that point I already had so many games that I quickly gave up and just killed all of my genre categories. Figuring out the proper categories for each game wasn't worth the effort. Doing anything beyond what I'm already doing isn't worth the effort, actually, because having a perfectly organized Steam library is pointless when a lot of my games aren't on Steam. I'm not going to manually add each of my non-Steam games to Steam.

When I want to look at all of my games in one place, I just sync everything to Playnite, but I haven't set up any categories in that program yet.

Fuck dude why the fuck would you post that image holy shit

Attached: Memetic_Kill_Agent.jpg (1024x768, 734K)

"finished" has nothing to do with playing multiple games at once. You complete a game, you put it in there. It helps when looking for new shit to play.

>.gif

Attached: sam.jpg (639x479, 20K)

>by publisher
Why does that matter? I've seen other people do this and I just don't know why anyone would care to see games sorted that way. I guess there are some publishers whose catalogs consist of games which are all similar in some way, but that's not always the case, and games can be similar without having the same publisher.

Why do you need a category for that? Do you honestly forget which games you've finished?

Because it's something to categorize games under, how is that not understandable?

I'm not that guy, but what kind of stupid post is this? You might as well ask why anyone would categorize anything at all. ("Do you honestly forget what genre a game is?" etc.)

If I have 50 games and I've finished 25 of them, putting the finished games into a separate category makes it literally twice as easy to look through the games I haven't finished and pick one.

I may not remember every of 320+ games I have on steam over 10+ years and on steam and even more with cds before steam but I don't need to. Still I know what I have and what I have not. Also I never had a console so maybe that's why my memory works well enough.

>backlog
>good games
>amazing games
>okay games
>shit games
>stuff I have no intention of touching

t. ~700 games (mostly due to humble bundles or other dirt cheap collections)

but honestly, that's only when I go to download something. 99% of the time I just do what said

Why would you ever buy a game without the intent of finishing it before moving on to the next one?

You could have just hidden them.

Oh well. I just hope you never buy some indie game because Yea Forums said it was a hidden gem only to realize that you already had it and removed it from your account.

>set it up
>log into 2nd pc
>go back to first
>its all gone
and that is how i said fuck it

>I don't remember every game I have
>But I still know what games I have
Literally what did you mean by this?

No need to hide them when I never want to play t hem. I bought all the bundles during a time I was still pirating shit, little money for a dozen games sounded like a nice way to slowly get away from pirating and build a library. As for indie gems, there is 1 for every few hundred games released nowdays, so I think I can manage, especially considering that I own most of those already.

I dont even like a fuckton of my steam catalog and have no intention of installing or playing
and dont even know what the fuck some of the others are

Attached: games.jpg (1856x878, 507K)

>If I have 50 games and I've finished 25 of them, putting the finished games into a separate category makes it literally twice as easy to look through the games I haven't finished and pick one.

Hmm, I guess that makes sense yeah. Though I have things set up by genre, so if I want to look through a genre but also exclude games I've finished, there's no way to do that without removing the genre tag from the game I've finished, right? It seems like a waste to strip all games I've finished of all identifying category tags especially if I want to start replaying them again. I guess I could add an "unfinished" tag to all new games and categorize them that way and then remove it when I beat them, but that seems just as clunky.

>Though I have things set up by genre, so if I want to look through a genre but also exclude games I've finished, there's no way to do that without removing the genre tag from the game I've finished, right?
That used to be true, when Steam allowed only one category per game. You can put multiple categories on a single game, now, so you can keep your genre categories and also have, for example, a separate category for unplayed games.

Is there a way to look at two tags at once? Like say if I want to play a JRPG can I look at games that have both the "unfinished" and "JRPG" tag?

No, unless you go into the menu to change the categories and find out which ones the game belongs to.

I don't think so. That would be nice though. Maybe they'll add that in the big Steam client update that they're supposedly working on.

Dang. Well I don't have enough games for it to matter anyway.

>favorites
>the rest
here you go its not hard

This but without the multiplayer one. If I played one multiplayer game enough, I put it in beaten anyway.

I do by genre, eg:
>RPG, shooter, action, strategy
But I also have categories which describe my attachment to them. I have a category for the games I can load up at any time, I have a category for games I've never gotten into but like the idea of playing, a category for games I've finished and won't touch again, and a category for games I don't like (only a few) or which I have no interest in from things like bundles, freebie indie shit, or old games which left a distinction between the base game and the DLC, like civ 4 or xcom.

I put all games in a series together in a folder, and I also categorize all games by genre + camera perspective at the top. For instance, I have a "Fallout" folder with every fallout game, but I also have an "RPG (Point and Click)" folder with just the first two Falout games (and planescape, Arcanum, divinity etc) and an "RPG (First Person)" folder for every Fallout after 2 (and skyrim, VtMB, E.Y.E etc)

It works out great. If I want to play through a series, everything is together. If I want to play something I only vaguely remember, I can search for it according to gameplay.

Attached: Capture.png (365x1043, 248K)

wat

General genre and then something more specific.

I have Jackbox under its own category for example and "other MP" like OJ, Tabletop sim, etc. under its own category. Beyond that I have Source shit, then genres like FPS, Roguelikes.

I have 1100 games

achievement
clicker(idle)
non achievement
trading card drop

Dude, Wizardry

>achievement
>clicker(idle)
>non achievement
>trading card drop
Sounds like two typical Yea Forums users alright, either not playing games or being an absolute autist about them, combined into one.

Attached: Untitled.png (261x292, 36K)

By year

Attached: 1535064995221.png (285x898, 95K)

>3250 recent games
That list never resets, does it? What's the point of it, then?

no clue, it might be useful if you ever want to see things you've played chronologically

I just sort by recent and hide everything past a month or so last played so I don't have to look at all the shit I've filled my library with

Attached: .png (281x115, 19K)

>7000 games
how, why would you do this to yourself

near a decade of buying shitty indie bundles

>>stuff I have no intention of touching
why did you buy this? are you autistic? fucking idiot

Alphabetical

Easy, I don't play them

>buy game
>install game
>play game
>uninstall game
>hide game in library

only way, anything else is degenerate

Attached: f57.jpg (640x640, 79K)

What's in "0/5 KILL IT WITH FIRE"?

inb4 pretty good games that you just paid too much money for

a few extremely disappointing sequels and some indies that are just non-functional or horribly awful to play

Attached: Capture.jpg (207x167, 8K)

Only show installed games
Then
Favorite
-------------
The rest

Favorite include my most regularly played games.
You don't really need more than a quick access to your regular games

Attached: ss+(2019-06-22+at+09.54.48).jpg (1508x519, 161K)

Games I've finished, games I've started and games I haven't started, which is multiple times bigger than the other two

By genre and by the things that matter.

Attached: games with spears.png (286x529, 52K)

Unless it is a new release I want to play right away I just randomly choose games beat them and hide them from my library

you dont seem to know what point and click games are.
if the same person, wizardry is not point and click.

for illustration, simply enter "point and click" in google.

favorites have my top 10
the 4 next ones are self explanatory
the normal "games" category is for stuff i don't know how to categorize, it's a very short list though so i can't be bothered with it really

Attached: Steam_2019-06-22_23-08-14.png (285x123, 15K)

I think that you should be more discerning when buying games if you have so many that an own category for mediocre ones is warranted.

hidden and normal

500 games reporting in.

Attached: Untitled.png (257x357, 44K)

This guy knows what's up. The physical game equivalent would be to living in one of those onion houses where people have all their games surrounding them on shelves everywhere like they live in a fucking gamestop

>not enojying the kino that is BO2's campaign
>hasn't played Anachronox

Attached: 1380981822967.jpg (328x399, 43K)

There's a fucking search button.

lmao wtf is Valve even doing a programmer could make that in less than a day

it's not that big of a category really

Attached: Steam_2019-06-22_23-45-38.png (262x403, 41K)