There will NEVER be a WoW killer in our lifeti--

There will NEVER be a WoW killer in our lifeti--

Attached: chrome_yiEKAXFwdk.png (1156x611, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/333770/JAGEX_CELEBRATES_18_YEARS_OF_RUNESCAPE_AT_AN_ALLTIME_HIGH.php
youtube.com/watch?v=K9VZrxWa4Qs
youtube.com/watch?v=wiuiC3wRpeM
youtube.com/watch?v=t6pdVeDS9jw
youtube.com/watch?v=FV_IP4mNJCI
youtube.com/watch?v=5Av8flSjmMc
youtu.be/1xOOFCltZuc?t=5m36s
docs.google.com/document/d/1UfWHBn61fleUEkAwY-6W-OJ__gbsqLreq_fOd05ImcI/edit#
docs.google.com/document/d/1L1aDMxZOjhdmzsilToDvsrwqfcUOs6NKxhsCBa1IwVQ/preview
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Search term =/= population/population consistency

Cope, they announced 1m subs the other day.

Attached: ffxiv gaymers.jpg (1280x640, 172K)

>commits suicide
hey guys look we killed it.

But wow had 10 million by the time ffxiv "took over" in that graph

WoW died. Literally no game is popular forever. Both games are pieces of shit.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1162x619, 51K)

I'm not agreeing that search terms is an accurate way to gauge how popular a game is, but the text accompanying it is still true since XIV has more subs.

FFXIV isn't a WoWkiller, FFXIV barely notices that WoW exists.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1548x668, 60K)

>Sydney
Clearly the pride flags are to keep the muslims away.

>10m sub lies
You know that they included Chinese subs that use a totally different kind of sub system? And that is not taking taking into consideration that the chinks ALWAYS falsely inflate their numbers to the extreme.

You can't be killed if you commit suicide first

Attached: aqua.jpg (654x445, 123K)

>t. coping WoWfag.

Attached: 1413027305523.jpg (251x242, 12K)

All of the best countries go for WoW, I'm genuinely surprised.

FFXIV: The Chad of MMOs

>And that is not taking taking into consideration that the chinks ALWAYS falsely inflate their numbers to the extreme.
The Chinese government does that for propaganad reasons. Why do you suppose that would affect WoW subscriptions? Is the Chinese national pride so inflated that Ching Chong subscribed 3 times so that China will have the most subscribers? Did the Chinese branch of Blizzard, if there even is such a thing as a seperate entity, inflate those numbers to impress HQ? What do they do once people notice they don't have the profits they hould have?

Is responding to genuine claims with a "u mad xD" reaction the new meta?
I've outgrown this place.

I don't even play WoW, but this is the accurate stats.
OP searched for "search term" and he didn't even pick Game category, this is why it doesn't show the real statistics.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1174x606, 45K)

>OP searched for "search term" and he didn't even pick Game category, this is why it doesn't show the real statistics.
>He has to narrow the search results down to get the result he wants.

Attached: 1424355936121.png (449x1197, 67K)

Attached: Capture.jpg (1132x327, 35K)

No it doesn't. FFXIV has like half a million at best. WoW is yet to fall under a million.

Chinks, Kikes, Spics, Arabs, and Burgers, all together. How fitting.

Which has the most trannies? WoW or FF?

FF more trannies but WoW more furries.

>xiv is slowly adding servers so every single one of them feels full
>wow has to resort to phasing and sharding and capital cities are still empty

Attached: 1560970579181.png (1246x579, 108K)

Because that's how Google trends works, search terms will only show stats for that specific search term but the category will show stats for every search from that category.
Obviously there will be more searches for a short search term like FF14 than for World of Warcraft.
Here's an example to prove how retarded you are.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1170x614, 44K)

Really? I thought WoW with its 4 elf races was ahead.

I thought it was 1m active characters. Probably including trials.

FFXIV is THE quintessential faggot MMO. They're drawn to it like moths to a flame.

wasn't there something where their api gave away too much player data and someone was able to figure out how many people played the game? I remember the devs losing their shit and demanding he take everything down after he published the data

wow killed itself. It was a shit mmo, and all the shit eaters never played mmos before WoW so they had a blank slate for standards.

they think that WoW classic will be any good, and then they'll find out it never was good. The reason why other mmos sucked was because they were all WoW clones, copying the same shitty awful design recipe that sucked.

imagine being born in a septic tank, being told to get out of it only to step back into another different septic tank. You thought was originally normal and fine, to be just distasteful. The only thing keeping you shackled down to your original starting septic tank is the time/money/friends put into it.

Removing your time/money/friend investment with a new septic tank just removes all value of putting up with the garbage design it always was. Fuck you cancerous zoomers who grew up on WoW.

literally only trannies play xiv

Yeah the report active characters. So it's bloated. Also

Is absolutely correct. There are a lot of things that XIV does that I actually enjoy. But holy fucking shit the community is worse than Runescape was at peak autism. It's basically a giant safe space bubble for literally trannies, faggots, and weebs where criticizing anyone for being shit at their job is almost a guaranteed ban.

XIV didn't kill WOW though, WOW committed suicide with its first attempt with Warlords and now with BFA

You're comparing the general term "world of warcraft" with 2 specific video game titles. Bait harder my guy

Mmorpg genre is dead anyway, so who cares

Attached: wellwell.png (1164x550, 38K)

Reminder that osrs is doing better than both
gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/333770/JAGEX_CELEBRATES_18_YEARS_OF_RUNESCAPE_AT_AN_ALLTIME_HIGH.php

no you cope.
The game is still way popular than ff14. Twitch views proves it also

Attached: quote-denial-helps-us-to-pace-our-feelings-of-grief-there-is-a-grace-in-denial-it-is-nature-elisabet (850x400, 66K)

Fucking good, I play games to have fun, not get screamed at by some metagaming autist for not adhering precisely to the most ideal rotation.

Maybe try just giving tips instead of saying what people did wrong. Like look at fighting games, when you lose, opponents just give you tips. In MMOs and ASSFAGGOTS you get called a nigger and a retard and raged at.

Metagaming faggots are second only to ERPers in terms of players who ruin MMOs, but at least ERPers stick to their own circlejerks.

What 3rd world country language is this?

but WoW killed himself

lmao, blizzard is such an embarrassment at this point

>him

Gay countries prefer WoW

Can't wait for 8.2

Attached: m1v3x9m3or531.png (469x624, 50K)

currently FFXIV has more subscribers than WoW

ebin wow slayered press f to spit on grave

What’s up with this? All of the tranny comic “”””creators”””” are hard into this game. I had a trail and it’s honestly far worse than WoW (shit to begin with), but my assumption is the graffix/cat ears or some shit.

F

cebuano

>wow killed itself. It was a shit mmo, and all the shit eaters never played mmos before WoW so they had a blank slate for standards. copying the same shitty awful design recipe that sucked.

Honest question, what makes you believe older predecessor MMOs are better?

>they think that WoW classic will be any good, and then they'll find out it never was good. The reason why other mmos sucked was because they were all WoW clones, copying the same shitty awful design recipe that sucked.

And how could any answer make sense? because Wow just took the existing MMO scheme and casualized it.

>Removing your time/money/friend investment with a new septic tank just removes all value of putting up with the garbage design it always was.

I kept most of my wow friends long after quitting the game. We want to play classic again. None of us were stuck in wow to keep our friends and none of us have to go back. Also expansions remove your time and money investment if you're talking about virtual assets.

>Fuck you cancerous zoomers who grew up on WoW.
Yeah those 5-10 year olds that played vanilla. Fuck them

Cute anime aesthetics, they are the tranny magnet.

it's kind of hilarious that blizzard markets wow as the most popular mmo still despite not having released sub numbers for three expansions

Attached: 1561133327057.jpg (2048x1152, 737K)

try searching for just "wow" now

I-I DONT GET IT FELLOW BLIZZKEKS

WHY DO SQUARECHADS ALWAYS WIN?

Lmao, show wow vs ff14 and aee the difference. Fuck off tranny.

>hurr just add a search for one of the most common words used in English
braindead retards

We're going home bros.

Attached: the real vanilla experience.jpg (1920x1080, 647K)

polish
pls gib me job me starving no money for potato booze cigs my sister very fuck worth she come too

:)

Attached: Capture.jpg (1174x700, 55K)

>Blizzard was the real WoW killer all along

really makes you think doesnt it ?

cope

Attached: Sem título.png (1180x631, 35K)

>FFXIV has like half a million at best.
you poor child

Attached: 1560612572316.png (674x834, 219K)

don't use "search term", use the game itself you retards
WoW still wins but that's fine

who tf types "world of warcraft", everybody types in wow you dumb nigger

>based japanese devs vs progressive liberal numales

Attached: 1559089274530.jpg (4744x2096, 2.44M)

I can't read moon rooms, what do each of the categories mean?

Region | Active | New | Returning | Constant | started (guren?) | cleared (guren?) | p4.1

holy shit those are some healthy numbers

WoW = Soulless
FFXIV = Soul

Guren is what Stormblood is called in jap: 紅蓮の解放者 (Crimson Liberator)

>114,076 Online

>will have less subs than Classic WoW, a 15 year old game

Chad for sure

Wow is his wowkiller.

it still is, not by much though

Even as a WoW player i somewhat agree with this, Yoshi P seems very passionate, while Ion is very passionate at being a lawyer, that someone found a job working on WoW

and it shows

*somehow

>weeb clone of a game is more soulful than the game it ripped off of
?

WoW doesn't have soul because the playerbase is fucking horrible and it would be insanely difficult to be happy and passionate making a game for a fanbase that dismissed years of hard work because it featured talking Pandas

People shitcanned Cata and Mists and they gave up

>500k total cleared 4.1 main story
lmao

It's kind of funny listening to wow players talk about xiv being a safe space hug box when in reality it's just people being nice to each other. So many times there will be wow refugees and they won't just be stupid but also the most cancerous, annoying, faggot assholes possible.

My gf finished Doma castle but still doesn't want to touch the rest of the expansion because she's heard from me what a fucking pain 68-70 is.

It's more like WoW is killing itself more than anything, FF14 just happens to be the best alternative.

why is that something to laugh at? They might be new to the game and leveling through ARR and HW

Is that mother fucking level 1 hogger gnome raid? It better be because that's all classic will have left after the remove everything else

BFA has a lot of problems but the userbase is honestly worse than the game. the lore diehards that threaten to kill themselves are absolute cancer

Attached: 1556598415914.jpg (1080x1548, 295K)

>NN can't shut up over how annoying wowfugees are anymore than Yea Forums ffxiv trannies can't stop obsessing over wow, going so far as to call the janny deleting their generals a blizzard employee, constantly talking about wow in their threads and making wow vs ffxiv threads despite most wowfags not even knowing ffxiv exists
>they hate us because we're nice!!!
lol

Leveling is horrible in FF14. Imagine if you had to go through all the wow expansion quests to be able to do the current expansion raids/dungeons

what server are you on?

cerberus

uhhh....guys?

Attached: OHNO.png (1175x607, 51K)

Yea Forums's XIV userbase is horrible but
>Yea Forums

oh that explains it, european servers are fucking trash

i mean you're an idiot if you were to actually play in a Yea Forums guild

wow is its own killer by turning into shit

>using "Search Term" instead of the product itself
That's not how trends is supposed to be used. Whenever a product exist, you need to use that category so it encompass all results, like if someone type "wow Blizzard" it'll fall under "World of Warcraft" and likewise if someone just type "wow great" (or something unrelated with "wow") it won't be counted. But most people using google won't bother to type "World of Warcraft" entirely so using Search Term is retarded.

Picture is the proper comparison, XIV got two categories because of the re-release/re-branding SE forcefully pushed. It's still constantly below WoW regardless, even if you add both.

Attached: 1546379193435.png (1192x611, 64K)

mop was retarded tho, the continent is retarded the pandas are retarded, and even the storyline is retarded
still hurts when i see a monk panda going around
i realy dont know how they could have made an asian themed expansion but mop sure was not the way to do it, it just look like it come from another game

Attached: 1549402409589.jpg (603x540, 31K)

That's like 10 HoH 21-30,plus you could get goodies

I still can't believe they added in a great wall. It was so fucking hilarious how badly they were trying to pander to the chinese and none of it worked.

Let's be honest here: FFXIV isn't what is killing WoW. Blizzard is killing WoW.

it does feel like two separate player bases. Warcraft fags come to xiv and immediately start bitching about the focus on story or how long leveling takes and why they can't just "skip to the end"

I will say though that I've never heard a xiv fag complain about wow. They just don't give a shit.

>FF14 beats WoW when it's already on it's dying bed thanks to its OWN FAILURES
HAHA YA FF14 IS THE WOW KILLER GUYS! WoW died by its own deeds you retard, FF14 just helped to make the gigantic wound bigger, not to create it to begin with.

WoW is also old. They are both themepark MMOs but I'd say FFXIV is just fresher because it's newer and boomers are bored of WoW.

I prefer shit like EVE and old Runescape personally. I like how player driven things are in those games.

I think the big difference with xiv is that SE managed to actually creates a world with characters that people care about. The player base is invested in something more than their own character

wow wasn't killed, it died of old age

oh no...

Attached: 1536367249962.png (1179x1065, 114K)

You can screech all day about trannies but at least ffxiv has integrity. I'm a wowfugee, wow runs worse graphical performance wise and no longer has the character customization and depth that it used to, and I'm no longer a pvp fan and that would be the only reason now to pick wow over ffxiv. Mythic and savage would be the same challenge wise IF the most engaging wow classes/specs weren't considered in par with ffxiv's dullest. Wow is literally press shit off CD. It's embarrassing what they did to it to try and make an e-sport out of mythic dungeons

make no mistake I like FFXIV actually quite a bit and loathe modern WoW with a passion, but
>something wastes away due to a terrible disease
>"Fuck yeah we're winning bros!"
is fucking retarded

>Mythic and savage would be the same challenge wise IF the most engaging wow classes/specs weren't considered in par with ffxiv's dullest
Post armory. FF14 hardest shit is heroic raid tier

I wish I did the rs thing instead of fucking around in shit Korean mmos. I feel like I missed out on some serious comfy

WoW blew its own legs off with a shotgun and XIV just happens to be nearby to mercy kill it

>ESO
>nobody

Attached: 1555938571473.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

>Xenoglossy
>Despair
>Umbral Life
>Enhanced Enochian
>Extended Astral and Umbral timers
>Polyglot X2
>increased potencies
Where's my BLM bros at??

Attached: 094.jpg (958x1016, 393K)

Attached: hmmmmmm.jpg (1157x604, 51K)

wait don't wowfags have a literal addon that speaks to them and flashes on the screen to warn them about incoming boss mechanics? That kind of trivializes the difficulty to a laughable degree

If I enjoy Runescape will I enjoy FF14?

Attached: times change.png (853x422, 431K)

home depowned

Here comes another chinese earthquake.
>467546905

Yeah, Deadly Boss Mods. It's still being used today. WoW players can't play without it.

I am fucking dumb,

Yep, you can see it on all the world first videos
>youtube.com/watch?v=K9VZrxWa4Qs
it's a joke

?

Attached: data.png (1202x686, 60K)

>hand holding baby mod screeches whenever you're fucking up a mechanic
>no class depth, baby tier gameplay

Wowbabs are absolutely delusional

Luckily XIV doesn't need an addon like that since it's built in with the ground boss special attacks hit being painted orange.

ala mhigo is just a shit place full of retards but it doesn't take that long to get through it

Raids are designed with that in mind, and mechanics are far more complex than "move away from telegraphed spell #3". Also, having 20 people perform perfectly is infinitely harder than just managing 8.
Again, post armory or shut up and go play your baby game.

>No good story
>No good music
>No good graphics
>No good characters
So what exactly DOES WoW do better?

>and mechanics are far more complex than "move away from telegraphed spell #3"
Like?

Nostalgia pretty much.

Better at cultivating a group of diehard batered wives that have decided to continue to pay a sub despite not having any fun.
Oh and better PvP, WoW does have that.

Better implementation of the transmog system. Better engine (no animation locking). It used to be a good game from 2004 to 2008, while FFXIV, a nu-WoW clone, has never been good, it's simply less bad than 2019 WoW.

trailsfags win again

>being a nostalgiafag
kek

Except for the fact that they've been adding bosses with tells instead of ground indicators. You'd know this if you played it at all past arr.

better pvp, even the boring as shit classes are still more fun to play than FFXIV combat, better animations, actually being open world

ffxiv music cant be beat though.

i just want WoW to steal the good stuff from ffxiv and vice versa so they can both be great games.
why the fuck dont they do this anyway? you KNOW what people like about the games, and you KNOW what people hate about the game so just fuckin take a page out of your competitors books

this is the final boss of legion and it looks trivially easy to understand
>youtube.com/watch?v=wiuiC3wRpeM

I do like how you said some actual truthful things then ended with something objectively wrong.

I loved playing as fire mage in WoW from Cata until BFA. Does FFXIV have a good fire-based class?

>better xmog
>paying through the nose with gold instead of hitting up an Inn room and using the glamor wardrobe unlimited times for free
>better performance... Years ago
>ffxiv is just better than wow now!!

No shit, who goes around basing their decision to play a game because it was good a decade ago?

Oh yeah, wowtards.

pvp is pretty much it but if you want pvp and are playing wow you're kind of making a huge mistake

I wouldn't normally call that trivial but considering the addon will literally tell you what's happening and what to do yeah it's pretty easy. You have to remember though that people who play wow are literally retarded so this does seem genuinely difficult to them.

>even the boring as shit classes are still more fun to play than FFXIV combat
If this is about the GCD you do know that XIV jobs require you to do so much weaving of oGCDs that you’re probably hitting more buttons than WoW in th same span of time right?

>he doesn't know the pleasure of fire 4 is so great that blms will die in their circles just to cast it

Black Mage, though at times you will need to cast some ice and lightning magic too.

Whatever you say wowfag

Attached: wr.png (960x540, 104K)

English, please

>South european, latin american and anglos go for Fornite
>Cucks ,poo and shitposter go for WoW

Also combos. And most classes have haste buffs on top of gear.

And let's not pretend the casting in WoW is fast. Shadow bolt, Fireball, Lightning bolt, all of them are two second casts. An spells like Holy Light for pallies is 2.5 seconds anyway. Not to mention channeled spells like mind flay and drain life etc last 3-5 seconds so you just cast and sit there.

So yeah not having combos or complicated class design in the slightest and having an addon tell you what's happening in the fight makes it hilariously easy. It's one of the reasons I quit wow so many years ago, it's just not fun.

>mechanics are far more complex
I'll admit wow has more complex fights but it trades off with your classes being simple
>youtube.com/watch?v=t6pdVeDS9jw

WoW was casual when it came out. Now people are calling it hardcore, shit is hilarious. Live long enough and they'll be saying My Little Pony Online was the epitome of hardcore raiding.

>Honest question, what makes you believe older predecessor MMOs are better?

did you play MMO pre WoW?
you had CHOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have zero choices now, because devs don't see WoW numbers, they drop the game.

don't forget positionals

I don't think anyone gives a fuck about retail wow save for the few hardcore addicts left that can't let go.

Attached: 1417079556086.jpg (300x163, 9K)

last time i played was around the beginning of the expansion on an ast. i remember
>dungeons being boring as fuck
>susano and the snake bitch being fun

maybe it was just the job but disc priest healing was always more fun in M+ at least

raiding wise i hate it in WoW so FFXIV might be better there too. theres just something about xiv that puts me to sleep

>ghuun
>have to pass an orb between 2 players because you get stuck on the ground
>wow babies literally fuck this up all the time because ground targeting and communication is hard

It's so embarrassing, this is what they're talking about with those novel mechanics

You had choices because they were closer to table top games. Now everything has to be balanced by spreadsheet, live with it and move on.

>video is 20 mins long

Attached: 1543350696202.gif (318x318, 3.11M)

>paying through the nose with gold
>for xmog

this boi is broke as hell. if you do ANY content in the game at all youd have money for xmog. but i do remember the only thing people doing through half the expansion in xiv is sitting in limsa showing off their faggy glamours

>Honest question, what makes you believe older predecessor MMOs are better?
Older games were better but they were more of a niche. Let me ask you a different question, do you think Avatar is hands down the best movie ever? Is it your favorite movie?

I'm still butthurt about what they did to my shadow priest. Unless blizzard came out with playable sethrakk I don't think I'm ever going back

Yes the fight lasts that long from start to finish with no wipes.

No MMO is worth playing.

this is my dumb cat

Attached: 1535987127134.jpg (1001x763, 127K)

Blizzard was the WoW killer all along.

Attached: 1532809836658.png (388x395, 95K)

that's twice as long as the legion final boss and even the WoD final boss was only 14 mins long. I actually might give xiv a try again. I only leveled until 20 or so and lost interest but this end game actually looks good.

ucob is fucking long as hell

UCoB is a very long fight yes. Ultimate is mythic final boss tier

if anyone plays wow classic then you're retarded and more than happy to let blizzard continue to shit on you

and no addons

Keep in mind that's one of the ultimate fights, every other endgame raid in the game averages 11~13 minutes due to enrage timers being roughly on that time.

that fucking music near the end is kino, is that actually in the game?

Yes

>tranny pedo shit

Attached: tenor.gif (498x498, 1.28M)

yes every single dungeon gets its own theme and some bosses will even getting multiple songs, one for each phase.

Based ravana second theme:
>youtube.com/watch?v=FV_IP4mNJCI

You want Kino music? I don't even play FFXIV but I'm glad my friend showed me this song
youtube.com/watch?v=5Av8flSjmMc

It's a remix of youtu.be/1xOOFCltZuc?t=5m36s

Nope WoW killed WoW

FF14 is competing against a dead product

>every 3 mins equals about an hour in eorzea time
>this fight canonically lasted somewhere like six hours

Attached: 1542142285835.jpg (109x90, 3K)

Despite it being dogshit, WoW itemization is still better.
Having been a WoWfag since BC I still admit FFXIV is a better game now

One thing ffxiv has against it though in terms of difficulty is pretty much unlimited res whereas in wow you get a couple of combat res and those are on huge cool downs. If you have a red mage you can rez anyone without even denting your dps.

>that ending
I've never heard anyone in wow get that excited unless it's a clutch or world first

FFXIV is unironically not competing with WoW nor has it ever had to compete. Only the Japanese market matters, the western market is a happy coincidental bonus in profits.

As someone who heals in xiv please do not go in with that mindset. You can res yes but holy fuck it makes everything so much more difficult. It's the equivalent to getting a continue screen and having the game up the difficulty each time. I prefer it that way but man it doesn't feel like it makes the game easier

turns out the whole "wow has better endgame" is a huge meme

Let's take Mistress Sassz'ine, 6th out of 9 bosses in Tomb of Sargeras, so not the most complex.

The fight is designed around having 5 players take a fish that buffs their damage considerably for 2 minutes, after that time runs out 5 more fish spawn that have to be taken by a different set of 5 players. The catch is, if these players take ANY damage they drop the fish and lose the buff, pre-nerf Sassz'ine required that no buffed player ever lose it before intended, or the damage requirement wouldn't be met.

Every other mechanic in some way damages random people, everyone or kill someone unless taken care of correctly:
- Sassz'ine targets 4 random (unbuffed) players and shoots a spear at them after about 6 seconds. The damage for each spear is shared between everyone that stands between the boss and the targeted player. If anyone takes damage from more than one spear they immediately die. The raid has to split evenly between these 4 players or the spear without enough soakers will kill whoever was soaking it.
- Various murlocs spawn that have to be aggroed/soft-cc'd immediately or they will melee the closest person. Murlocs will also attach to a player, become untargetable and act as a very strong dot, to get rid of it you have to stand on a 4 second stun spell that Sassz'ine casts. When they die they explode into a large puddle that damages anyone on it and also slows the following mechanic.
- A wall of tornadoes spawns at one side of the room and advance to the opposite side, murlocs have to be killed right before the tornado arrives to slow it and open a path to cross. Anyone hit by a tornado pretty much dies. If you had a murloc on you and stand on the 4second stun to get rid of it, you have to position yourself so that in the following 4 seconds you won't get hit by the tornadoes.

And I ran out of space as I finished phase 1. There's two more phases and they only get harder, especially for people with the fish buff, since the room gets VERY messy.

Attached: 1541602017994.png (884x575, 853K)

you mean like ACT triggers in FFXIV that also literally call out the mechanics for you? fucking brainlet

>not denting your dps
XIV has a rez sickness mechanic for rezzing in combat. You do significantly less damage for the first rez and if you die again before the debuff wears off you'll do basically no damage. You can easily hit the enrage with just a few deaths in savage

but user the western market is now bigger than the japanese market

Attached: 1561076607885.jpg (1343x1800, 945K)

ACT triggers are rarely useful since they're calling out what the boss is casting and we can see that on the cast bar. You don't really need them if you're paying attention.

Not to mention res costs a fuckton of MP.

With all the ability pruning and over simplification of class roles happening in this upcoming expac does any actually expect sub counts to remain high past launch?

Attached: 1276629772428.jpg (298x292, 11K)

>1m subs
1m ACTIVE characters you fucking mouthbreather
yes
and the funny part is over 30% unique ACCOUNTS are bots/owned by botters
not like SE gives a fuck, I got a fuckton trial accounts and I'm using codes from retarded plebbitors who gave away their twitch prime codes, everytime im done botting on each trial account i use a twitch prime code to drop all the resources across 2 different main accounts. SE is fucking inept at tracking rmters and botters

GW2 and SWTOR are better

not him, whats the difference between subs and active?

active means they are actually paying at this moment. XIV is designed for people to take breaks and it means that the actual player base is way fucking higher

forgot to add
SE GMs care more about some random dude calling a tranny a "generic cat girl" than striking down a raid of bots bypassing all mechanics by teleporting few feet under, this is what some chink sellers do

>SE: hey western fans thanks for your money here are some teasers
>NA fans: what happens when a potato and a chocobo and a elezen cross breed?
>SE: Well no more time for questions, moving to the JP fan fest now
>SE: hi Japanese homeboys, here's the real stuff and the stuff we're not going to do
>JP fans: cool
>NA fans: how could you, we demand this and that
>NA fans: you are destroying everything
>NA fans: that's it we should all start unsubbing
>SE: Hi western fans, we're not doing your idea, and here's why it's stupid (politely)
>NA fans: Mass outrage and quitting, the game is dying, all classes ruined
>SE: We are happy to say we have got the most players than ever before surpassing a million active subs
>NA fans: We matter right, you are listening to us right?
SE: And here is a Japanese movie about playing FFXIV please enjoy
>NA fans: please validate our existence, please, please, oh no no no
Please enjoy Japanese game, please understand, now pay money.

An individual account can have from 1 to 8 active characters (IIRC for those metrics, characters must have been active during certain period of time, i think 30 to 60 days, and above level 15 or 20), meanwhile an active account is often seen as an unique player

I mean you're acting as if ignoring retarded western fans isn't a good thing.

>Only the Japanese market matters, the western market is a happy coincidental bonus in profits.
I wish the world was still like your delusions, then we wouldn't have ethics departments and widespread censorship.

I'm not familiar enough with FFXIV to compare the complexity of their classes to WoW's, but I seriously doubt the autism of WoW DPS theorycrafters can be surpassed.

Yes, overall the spell priorities in WoW are clear and easy to understand, and you can probably reach a respectable 80 percentile of performance by just adhering to the basic design unless the encounter has some sort of quirk.

Now though, if you want to reach the top percentiles you have to understand and optimize everything you're doing down to each gcd and weapon swing, again except some bosses that get cheesed for DPS.
For example, Mages casting one spell, then blinking forward to cast a different spell before the original one reaches the boss so it retroactively effects the spell you originally cast when it reaches the boss. Shit like this not only required knowledge pretty much nobody except minmaxing autists had, but also required at most 30-50ms of ping or you wouldn't pull it off consistently.

ShB isn't even pruning that many skills, we'll still have the same amount of hotkeys we have atm.

Lots of skills are being deleted due
>system that uses them is being deleted (TP/pets taking damage)
>job is being revamped (MCH skills for example)
>skills are being adapted due to playerbase not using them (aggro combos/tank stances)
>job is being separated from another job (SCH vs SMN with SCH getting their own dots compared to SMN)

>active means they are actually paying at this moment
Wrong
read below:
Correcting myself, according to these metrics the following characters appear here
>character level 36 OR higher
>exp/level changed since february 10
>number of minions/mounts changed since february 10
>owning one or more mounts
>new character since the previous survey
>excluding characters above level 50 without grand company

Attached: Untitled.jpg (618x543, 145K)

>Complimenting Australia
Fuck off, cunt.

docs.google.com/document/d/1UfWHBn61fleUEkAwY-6W-OJ__gbsqLreq_fOd05ImcI/edit#

how proud this supposed killer must be to finally defeat his quarry after it is old and tired.

>world of warcraft has a million subs
>"dead game"
>destiny 2 has over a million active players "irrelevant and also dead"
>FFXIV barely reaches 1 million subs
>"o-our game is alive right? w-we're so popular, unlike those OTHER games
fucking warframe has more players than pedo fantasy
these threads are just embarrassing, thank god the mods keep deleting them
I am convinced it's a paid shill invasion by SE

Also important, executing your DPS priority list on a dummy is a whole different world to doing it while doing all mythic mechanics properly.
In my years of raiding I've met many many players that got insane DPS parses on nerfed bosses, but when we recruited them and it came to replicating it on a pre-nerf mythic boss where a small mistake fucks you and maybe your whole raid too, these people were often at the bottom of damage meters.

Does wow have a crafting bible with 338 pages?

docs.google.com/document/d/1L1aDMxZOjhdmzsilToDvsrwqfcUOs6NKxhsCBa1IwVQ/preview

Also some healer spergs have spreadsheets to when they should use their ogcd heals so they never ever have to touch their gcd heals.

>pedo fantasy
what the fuck is with you faggots and being obsessed with trannies and pedos?

Most of the influx of players for FF14 are WoW refugees sick of BFA and are waiting for classic. If blizzard sent out more beta keys that graph would look differently.

they make up 100% of xiv's playerbase, it's just an observation

this might be peak autism, this feels like old school mmo shit

Attached: 1556376895873.jpg (572x720, 31K)

doesn't that make you one?

Nah SE doesn't care every time the western market throws a tantrum or wants to kill an MMO or unsub out of protest. It's the most based shit ever.
Abiding by laws to sell the product abroad isn't even the same thing. That's just basic business practice carried out by low pay localization teams. Wanting to kill a foreign product or pander to all the whims of foreign markets, that's the delusional stuff.

no it doesn't it's just tranny shit, go back to /vg/

t. kissless virgin tranny

I can't believe that WoW has less subscribers than FFXIV now.

Attached: 198214824874.jpg (2106x778, 422K)

Crafting and healing is specially designed for autists so you're not wrong

no, I play real games, not tranny fantasia fuckteen

but globally wow still as more subs, are you stupid?

how many of those are WoW tokens and not paid subs?

Stop responding to the autists. Let them seethe in peace

It doesn't. China doesn't pay a sub. They pay by the hour at cafes.

>mfw I'm a faggot who subs to WoW when new content is up and unsubs and hops onto FFXIV

Can't you guys just enjoy VIDEO GAMES without being huge faggots?

Holy fuck I made that right image as a huge shitpost to make wowfags mad. That data is from a notoriously shit website I wouldn't use that as real data.

Attached: WoW fags BTFO - COPE.png (1635x952, 739K)

Addon for sirens and cat meowing when a mechanic comes. Addon for glowing a huge icon when your cooldown is up. Icon blaring sirens when you stand in something bad. Yet still somehow the playerbase remains utterly retarded and fails simple things.

ffxivcensus is the shit website moron. Lucky bancho is the accurate one.

FF unironically died after 10.

MMORPG were a mistake.

No you retarded reprobate, the wowcensus one is inaccurate.

Why did you post a different pic with the same WoW numbers then?

I'm saying I made that image you see posted, I took the WoW data from a notoriously bad website to make WoWfags mad. The image I was replying to ripped from my image.

But that image is better because it still shits on wowfaggos

WoW killed itself.

same graphics since 2004 ...

I'm not saying WoW story is good by any means. But I loatahed FFXIV forced story down your throat. I got to level 50 but I don't remember reading any of that bullshit story. I just didn't enjoy it.

Okay that's decent autism.

For our autists though, spreadsheets were not enough, so they replicated the entire WoW combat system in a program and made up a new scripting language where they could specify their rotation so they could run hundreds of thousands of simulations to simulate every combination of items/trinkets/talents/races to find out the absolute best of each.

Now, Simulationcraft wasn't enough, so they started developing a machine learning system they could leave simulating different rotations to find out what the optimal rotation was too. I think the project died off however, so rotations are still done by hand.

Attached: 1533620096212.png (1396x1892, 418K)

WoWbros nyo..somenyan delete this thread!

Attached: D7t601jVUAAqIN4.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

On that matter we still have autists doing that manually so I don't even know what's better.
Use machine learning to come up with the best rotation or calculate it by hand every single time a job is changed.

What do you think wow and ffxivs CCU is? I know wows is lower because I worked at blizzard, and FFXIV just broke 1m subs

Attached: image.jpg (1512x2016, 1.82M)

>Twitch views proves it also

Attached: 1549655694801.png (403x448, 53K)

I can't wait to just not roll on his server

Attached: 1549528047357.png (217x306, 117K)