Hi, I'm Nappa, and this is Vegeta! He was a prison..... bitch

>Hi, I'm Nappa, and this is Vegeta! He was a prison..... bitch.

Attached: DRAGON-BALL-Z-kakarot-e3-2019-vegeta-nappa.jpg (1024x576, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vmuAwxiSRgA
youtube.com/watch?v=TVhxHxp2oY8
youtube.com/watch?v=mtOiYClxG3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=xFO4BC3JgMk
youtube.com/watch?v=FGIr-0ag_jk
youtube.com/watch?v=oyxYPQ1Ono4
youtube.com/watch?v=qIgmvyHhc6w
youtube.com/watch?v=tum1P5jm_so
youtube.com/watch?v=jlc8Ko38ECA
youtube.com/watch?v=jJ9YDRiF5aA
youtu.be/jURcSzpVGeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=93Uordm_F0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=fVGBo5X8wvQ&list=PL13DF62658BA7E4D8&index=2&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=GgyjHnZjnx8
youtube.com/watch?v=RH1ekuvSYzE
youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=YP2gJEcRdUk
youtube.com/watch?v=bsoKMKq0qHU
youtube.com/watch?v=1op3ZoNeflc
youtu.be/Y9OaKARTAGA?t=11
youtube.com/watch?v=nb294wqrdAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Their saiyan saga really didn't age that well.

Golden Big Gete Star Meta Cooler

Attached: Golden Meta Coora.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

I disagree.

>t. lil zoom

what is this?

Why did Goku completely lose his shit when Frieza killed Krillin, even though death is completely meaningless in the Dragon Ball universe, and he'd already experienced multiple times having close friends, including Krillin, and even himself, being killed in the past?

Attached: b22294622eef6e6f.jpg (1280x960, 184K)

these are some ugly ass 3d models

Krillin was brought back once. He was under the impression that krillin would no longer be able to come back.

GOD...damnit, Nappa

People can only be revived 1 time by the dragon balls. Krillin already died and was brought back so that death much more permanent

He couldn't be wished back as far as Goku knew and just the principle of someone hurting his friends makes him mad.

>Earth Dragon Balls can't bring back someone back to life twice
>Namek Dragon Balls were gone completely
>Piccolo was about to die (again) so that meant no way to wish back the Namek Dragon Balls

Then all that went out the window and death became meaningless

You have an extremely poor attention span if you watched Dragonball and didn't know that after you're brought back once by Earth's dragonballs you can't be brought back.

Goku didn't know that Namek's dragonballs would eventually resurrect his friend.

Attached: 1470461691706.gif (500x281, 3.53M)

He only cares about Krilin, Bulma and Mutenroshi

Freeza saga abridged was their high point

TFS probably hates their old stuff now. Tons of rape and gay jokes.

They literally just finished a saga where they made the antagonist a not so subtle rapist

They probably hate it for being silly and having actual jokes too

Actually he did which makes your post about "attention span" fucking hilarious.

are you that retarded?

DB Heroes

Their old stuff does have a lot of poor writing, but you'd expect stuff like that in their early works.
For example the long drawn out "Okaaaayyyy..."

Do anyone else doesn't feel excited as well? I mean, it's another game based on DBZ. We have 20 other games based on it, do we really need another one.

agree
it loses it's cringe when Nappa dies

>Tons of rape and gay jokes.
Is there something wrong with those?

>the dragon balls can't revive someone twice
Except they can, the rule is they can't grant the same wish twice.
The people who got killed by Cell and revived and then got killed by Buu were still revived by the wish because the wishes were different.

I was hoping for an rpg covering everything.

>TFS before
>we want to recap dbz episodes in a short but hilarious way as we test our voice talent
>TFS now
>um..we are like the experts and we understand akira toriyama, fuji tv and funimation vision enough to rewrite the episodes and make them as long as the original but with actual and more serious writing *inserts anime song from another show* so step back and let us rewrite dbz as how it should be *makes yajirobe and korin a gay couple*

Attached: 1428976111739.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

I wanted an actual RPG but it looks like it's just Xenoverse without the stuff that made Xenoverse appealing

Tfs is reddit normie shit and anyone who likes it deserves the rope.

I will always hate TFS for turning the series into a fandub, and the ending of the Cell saga where they just shit on the human fighters just to make it "more authentic to the manga"
Compare their take on Gohan killing Cell youtube.com/watch?v=vmuAwxiSRgA
To this
youtube.com/watch?v=TVhxHxp2oY8

Making the fat dwarf and the cat gay for eachother was fucking hilarious

Attached: 1557544064156.png (1000x1000, 1.01M)

Just looks like DBZ with kingdom hearts combat

it felt forced and they drag it as it that was their most clever joke

it felt so cringey, is like watching weird fanfics on deviantart

That's really my problem with their Android and Cell saga stuff, it feels like they keep repeating the same jokes over and over while dragging the pace to a halt

It was always a fan-dub, and you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

>Piccolo MySpace jokes in very first episode
>Yoshi joke
>Solid Princess Snake
>Riccola joke

It's always been a fan-dub. It only retells the story because they have to work with the footage they have.

is there a list of dragonball heroes characters/ shit like sayanman 3 and 4 and golden cooler is pretty neat, shit like el grande padre goku was also kinda interesting.

this. Stuff like Piccolo is Gohan's actual dad and Nappa being obnoxious gets quoted all over the place.
Nobody talks about Korin&Yajirobe outside of TFS themselves, yet they keep insisting on it

Every other joke cell makes is a rape joke that makes everyone uncomfortable

they got really fucking full of themselves during the cell saga, but I remember looking at their twitch when the last episode came out and they said that season 4 would be 'more fun' conpared to how the cell saga was 'more serious'
I'm hoping that means they'll stop just rewriting the episodes and start making them actually funny again

They also toned down Popo heavily

>yet they keep insisting on it
its because in their team they have a furfag who was pushing this joke

youtube.com/watch?v=mtOiYClxG3Y
best abridge here

Buu saga got potential for a full on rewrite on several characters.

watching cell saga is like watching family guy attempting to have serious episodes. its embarrassing

They're making more episodes? I thought they moved on to making lets plays and doing DnD shit. Also what ever happened to that video game they were making?

Doesn't Goku literally say after Krillin dies that he can't come back because he's already been wished back once?

Are you fucking retarded?

Attached: wilfred_season_2_premiere.jpg (768x433, 46K)

I wouldn’t say it’s that bad, I actually really liked the Androids

Reminder that the best joke dub was an official one.

youtube.com/watch?v=xFO4BC3JgMk

Attached: giphy.gif (500x380, 454K)

I mean, everyone on TFS absolutely hates it when people say their version is better than the original show.

Piccolo having Nail and Kami inside his head was one of the best jokes

I found the Android and even Cell had their moments, I think what's really killed the Saga was the slow as fuck pacing they had

>everyone on TFS absolutely hates it when people say their version is better than the original show.
haha sure, i bet they hate that

I don't think you know what fan-dub means

>let us rewrite dbz as how it should be
tbrh, the best part of TFS's Cell saga is when they literally copy-paste the original story and add jokes to it, with bonus character moments.

They really lost their touch with their absurd humor. the Kai Garlic jr episode was just not really funny.

Attached: xdcfvgbhn.png (704x501, 382K)

Why the fuck would anyone watch Team 9gag when Little Kuriboh exists?

Kaiser hates this scene. When they were rewatching all the episodes on stream, he kept screaming over it saying its embarassing.

youtube.com/watch?v=FGIr-0ag_jk

Because Little Kuriboh Freeza also exist

>watching Team Four Star
>not watching SSJ9K

CAPTAIN COOOOCK

Attached: Broly-Screaming-broly-the-legendary-super-saiyan-18824273-574-415.jpg (574x415, 377K)

It was always fandub.

>and the ending of the Cell saga where they just shit on the human fighters just to make it "more authentic to the manga"
lol you don't even believe this
human fighters helping Gohan were meaningless and only showed how weak they were

>"more authentic to the manga"
Funny, considering how they'll likely make Majin Vegeta vs Goku a full episode while it was like 2 pages in the manga.

he went for the "im gonna add singing and rewwrite characters" before TFS though doing that

imagine watching Dragonball dubbed missing out on Vegeta's original voice.

True facts.
I really liked the section in recent DB where Piccolo saw them as he nearly died.
youtube.com/watch?v=oyxYPQ1Ono4

What’s this guy’s power again

Attached: 79674DF2-4959-408D-BB1F-CF5BB623F64D.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

At least it had jokes. DBZA feels like an unironic abridged version of DBZ now.

Guru was their best character btw

5min parody =/= 20min alternate dub with jokes

>MOMMY MOMMY THEY SAY THE F-WORD LOL I LOVE THIS SHOW!
what's worse is people defending it because they think is a better alternative to watching the original show and then talk as if they actually know about dragon ball. abridged series is the lets plays of anime

Weezy F. Broly's power level is as high as he is.

I enjoy their DnD stuff and some of their gaming videos.

SBN3 is pretty cool. I wish he didn't remove his Spirited Away and Harry Potter videos though. There was some legitimately informative stuff there.

tard rage

Popo was the best character. Freeza was great too.

>human fighters helping Gohan were meaningless and only showed how weak they were
Of course it was fucking meaningless, but I liked it because it showed how they refused to roll over and die like bitches

I agree. I feel like they peaked with the Frieza saga. Saiyan Saga's aged, and Cell saga had too many meta jokes and serious tones (although some of the latter arguably surpassed the real show, i.e. goku's sacrifice) but it doesn't feel as comedic as it used to be.

True, but you posted the wrong one
youtube.com/watch?v=qIgmvyHhc6w

Both of you are wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=tum1P5jm_so

MAXIMUM

black lagoon had best dubs ever

Attached: revy 1.3.jpg (1330x1995, 824K)

Ghost stories is a gift

>DBZAbridged feels like an abridged version of DBZ
The show is retarded, but I think you just might be surpassing it.

Attached: 1533287513574.jpg (134x151, 7K)

youtube.com/watch?v=jlc8Ko38ECA
youtube.com/watch?v=jJ9YDRiF5aA

Not him, but
> DBZA feels like an unironic abridged version of DBZ now.
>u n i r o n i c
That word there's pretty key user.

Fuck you guys I loved the subtle rewrites and additions to the cell saga DBZA did. Especially literally every interaction between Trunks and Vegeta.

can't wait for him to randomly remove all his yu yu hakusho videos for no reason and use another saiyaman video to advertise shaving cream

Ya bust '92 jalopy
Ya dangalang floppy
My dangalang bigger
You an old ass-
GET OUT OF HERE

Attached: Capture.jpg (1275x671, 64K)

>Especially literally every interaction between Trunks and Vegeta.

"MY BABY BOY!!!"

Where are the Namek hoes?

Diamonds are fleeting
But a good rape is forever

>Krillin had already been brought back to life with the Earth Dragon Balls
>The Namekian Dragon Balls were useless because the Grand Elder was dead
>Piccolo was on the verge of death, and if he had died then boom, no more Earth Dragon Balls
>also Freeza was threatening to kill Gohan immediately after he killed Krillin

Attached: bulma_namek_by_salvamakoto_dburqds-fullview.jpg (900x1250, 129K)

Why doesnt he dub anymore. Its a damn shame.

Speed of Kenyans, energy legs... you can't run bitch. AND YOU GON SMELL THESE BALLS!

>Krillin had already been brought back to life with the Earth Dragon Balls

Fetty Krill always gets wished back real quick.

At the time, you couldn't use the Dragon Balls to wish someone back to life twice(though that rule was removed after the Cell saga)

>watching faggots watch faggot shit
faggot

He dubs for TFS.

>tfs before

>recap dbz episodes that are hilarious but close enough to the source material that you can watch them instead of the original dub

>tfs now

>recap dbz episodes that are hilarious but close enough to the source material that you can watch them instead of the original dub

Attached: 1554650067855.png (883x782, 155K)

If Fetty Krill dies, I wish on a star in this bitch.

But he did...

So what's going on with funi and vic? Last I heard they canned him.

I love DBZA but admittedly some of their jokes have aged terribly. Freaky Alien Genotype. Rape time, etc. The cool part is they seemed to have learned from that and have at least learned how to punch down when they make a joke that involves sensitive material.

He didn't even know if Namek's Dragon Balls still worked until he was already a Super Saiyan

Basically vic is going to burn the dub industry after the shit they tried to pull with their autistic illuminaty

Wasn't Cell basically a pedo for Gohan in the DBZA

Yeah funi made an announcement saying they let him go and will no longer work with him in the future but they're still battling in court. Even if he wins he's pretty much done with DB and funi will have to find a replacement for him.

No, the rule is you can't make the same wish twice.

It probably had something to do with the emotional bodyslam happening immediately after fighting to the point of absolute exhaustion and getting beaten to within an inch of his life.
Usually, when shit like that would happen to him, he'd have his retard strength to get even with.

Cooler will never be canon because he's a retarded character as a concept.

So, what do you folks think it's the best Abridged series?
inb4 they're all trash

Attached: ya wretched Harlot.jpg (312x300, 16K)

What's so retarded? He's frieza's brother it's really not that hard to understand.

It was never actually removed, they can just use the Namek Dragon Balls now since they have various methods of getting to New Namek.

JJBA

they all are good at first and then it gets stale to the point of them taking the dub way too serious

youtu.be/jURcSzpVGeQ
>thank you for waking me uuuuuuhhhhhhhp

You kidding? That stuff's still hilarious.
What's limiting the old episodes is how dated they are, and I don't mean with stuff like myspace jokes. The pacing and timing are hard from the early internet culture newgrounds era slower and more simplistic. Modern internet humor is punchier and usually more deep and layered (for better) and meta (for worse).

Dub of the North Star

SAOA
Hands down.
Only for making something insufferable and straight up BAD and making something halfway decent out of it.
Yes I know my tastes are plebeian, you don't need to tell me.

youtube.com/watch?v=93Uordm_F0Y
every single YYH video is great
I fucking love Botan's voice

I should clarify, youtube.com/watch?v=fVGBo5X8wvQ&list=PL13DF62658BA7E4D8&index=2&t=0s

My nigga.
youtube.com/watch?v=GgyjHnZjnx8

Honestly the movies are the best thing they redo the episodes since cell saga have been super lackluster.

Nigga what
That Kai episode beats the hell out of any cell saga episode

nah man, i like it too maybe it's like the reverse effect, you take something bad and make it good
i feel like making the MC a complete prick was the best choice ever
Still not sure how i feel about the second season, but it's too early to tell

Kekkerino my saiyaman of culture.

Here please have an upvote and some reddit gold!

Attached: 1461543910231.png (680x596, 49K)

hi leddit

I think it's the Ready Player One thing where the author doesn't have a ounce of humility to how they write their s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶e̶r̶t̶ main protagonist, so they come off as that kind of character inherently without the self reflection needed to make them good characters, except with an abridged they can have that self reflection, and play off of that to make them an actual character.
Shame you can't really abridge a live action movie.

video games

You mean Chi-Chi...?

HRRRRGH DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT NOT KISSING CHI-CHI!

Attached: 1535688677855.gif (500x375, 1.99M)

no he was more or less gay for goku, he hated gohan

he hated him until he went full blown super duper sayian
it's the fight boner goku has, but without the self control

So whatever happened to them doing Nuzlocke runs?

Now that I think about it, Goku hitting his head probably saved his life
I mean when you think about it, if he stayed evil and decided to go berserk on the planet, Roshi, Grandpa Gohan, the Ox King, Kami, Mr Popo, hell even the Red Ribbon Army would probably have been able to stop him

Attached: commission_1_by_salvamakoto_dazvi9k-pre.jpg (755x1059, 92K)

It was great except for one thing. It ruined the part from the original where they go to Japan and you realize that the cast was actually speaking english the whole time, and the japanese guys speaking with Revy.

"GIBBU GIBBU!"

They only want to do one a year so they are waiting on sword.

Because Krillin was already revived once, he couldn't bring him back now.
Also, he knew Gohan would be next.

Protip: That isn't actually a rule

The rule is that you can't make the same wish twice, its only a side effect that you can't bring back someone twice.
That was retconned later though

Truly the best, shame it’s dead.

TFS absorbed him, and of course he's watered down.

their nuzlockes suck, they just overlevel and spam healing items for everything

>Why did Goku completely lose his shit when Frieza killed his BEST FUCKING FRIEND WHO ALREADY DIED ONCE

DBZA still has just as many sex jokes as it used to, they are just smarter about it.

They stood out more in the earlier seasons because the episodes were like half the length and each joke was given like three seconds to kick in

>Riiiiiiight...
>Yeah okay...

Galick Gun fire was a really good one

Not at all, TFS are just a more advertiser friendly now.

what do yo think they'll use once Gohan makes it to videl?
The masenko? or will it be his pop's move?
the special beam canon

>too many meta jokes
Oh no, you actually have to understand what is going on to understand what is going on. What a real shame.

Christians don't take it well when their best friend fucking explodes in front of them either.

Well considering he used Mansenko in that What If Gohan fucked Bulma scene

Why does it feel like incest for Gohan to fuck Bulma? Why does it also feel right?

Attached: 1474608556256.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

>it feels like they keep repeating the same jokes over and over while dragging the pace to a halt
This, the Mr. Satan episode was fucking shit.

good pick desu
they made a comic about it, he killed everyone on his own except Tien and Yamcha, and then they got murdered when Raditz showed up

I did understand them, they just weren't as creative as the jokes in the frieza saga
>haha xD pushups, situps and juice! Remember that from the original Z dub? Haha, remember guys?

>six million, yeah right buddy

Attached: laugh.jpg (162x214, 5K)

The hell, is that Krit1cal?

Yeah.

THERES A WORLD THATS TOWERING OVER ME
IF I TRY TO CLIMB IT WILL I SUCCEED?

Attached: dragon_ball_super_broly1.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

>driver put on the radio
>tesla don't have any radio
>oh...

Attached: laffingjames.gif (190x200, 2.56M)

Medaka Abridged is a video-editing masterpiece.

Attached: 1485754556984.jpg (6064x6072, 1.54M)

Muslims are pretty chill about it tho

*ahem*
youtube.com/watch?v=RH1ekuvSYzE
youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=YP2gJEcRdUk
youtube.com/watch?v=bsoKMKq0qHU

youtube.com/watch?v=1op3ZoNeflc

THIS is what Dragon Ball will INEBITABLY turn into once Toriyama hits the grave, forget the humor, the parodies, the charm that made DB fun and interesting, it will turn into narutobleach transformations out the ass and big YOU GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME baddies.
Fuck toei with a stick.

Attached: 1555449080360.png (1280x720, 646K)

It already turned like that and Tori is not young anymore, i mean look at Super and the New Broly Movie.

Take that fucking back. Broly movie was great. I hope they release an uncut edition with all of toriyama's script in it.

Super is 100% awful but DBS:Broly had all the charm of the original manga run, the character acting was on point, it was only held back by the shitty 3D needed to make such a long fight scene possible, which in turn was made just to appease the mongoloid american fanbase that only want to see fights as stated by the director. Toriyama made it clear already that DB is not about the fights but the character interactions that get them to eventually fight. Fights should be the destination, a small climax, not half of the fucking journey (movie length). If not for that, Broly would be the definitive modern DB experience.

Attached: 1547743573062.jpg (1024x576, 85K)

And that's a good thing, most of super has already shown that tori is a senile hack. Toei does a better job with DB at this point than he does.

honestly fucking cringe

>uncut edition with all of toriyama's script in it.
Already stated in a interview nothing was cut or thrown away, what made it into the movie is all they produced, which is certainly strange considering Bardock's scene with gene cuts in an awfully strange way to Freeza blowing up the planet as if they had actually cut the fight.

Hope someone makes a super cut like they did with resurrection F once the Broly arc comes.

Attached: 1546545281143.png (765x451, 601K)

>Super Saiyan God was going to be SS3 with even longer hair and a cape
>Beerus was going to be a generic evil monster and his name meant "Virus"
You're objectively wrong on this.

Well the first half of black arc along with some of the filler was good and the broly movie was amazing so it's not entirely all bad.

Heroes is fucking stupid. Makes for a fun card game on PC but fucking hell it's actually so shitty and dumb.

>tfw the official dub for the broly movie has a song that repeatedly says FUCK YOU
>was aired on nickelodeon uncensored

Attached: info.gif (320x233, 1.56M)

How the fuck do Dragonball speed readers exist in this day and age? Neck yourself dickhead.

I thought the original SSGod design was some hybrid of SS3 and SS4.

YuGiOh Abridged > DBZA

Attached: yugi.gif (500x375, 994K)

Are you talking about the older one with butt rock?

There is charm and the acting was good but,
>Added the Minus Stuff which is:
>Retconned the Saiyans from being rude neutral warriors to being somewhat more good
>Which contradicted all what King Kai, Raditz, Nappa and Vegeta said about them during the series
>Retconned Bardock into a guy who magically thought that Frieza was planning something bad and ejected Kakarot away
>All the stuff that made him memorable [not caring about his son and trying to defy the future/fate] is gone
>Goku arrived on earth with saiyan armor [other source had him naked] which contraddicts Roshi statements about that and how Grandpa Gohan found raised him
>Goku hitting his head is likely retconned as well
>Goku is more akin to Superman while Broly to Tarzan
>Broly is very strong by fighting on Vampa granted Super has 17 being SSB level by fighting in his island
>Frieza's lame wish and he is not interested about immortality anymore
>Vegeta forgetting he has SSBE
>Etc.

What you're complaining about is pretty much the reason why murricans love Z and don't care about early DB.

Half of that was toei filler so it was never canon to begin with.

Yes, the Goku Black Arc started fine about the Broly Movie see Also:
>Frieza is not anymore as imposing and threatening as he was in the past

It is. A million times better. Not even a contest. Only thing is sometimes there's just no funny jokes for entire episodes while other episodes just hit the mark the whole way through. Better than DBZ:A which is cringey unfunny trash 100% of the time.

Frieza became a joke the minute he came back so that's nothing new.

yeah there is also a song that says you are all fags

Attached: aaaa.png (808x805, 647K)

so is this game just the same as the other 20 games, with some tacked-on exploration?

T. Retard

Cooler fit well into the Canon by being in charge of a different section of the universe. Even with the recent retcon frieza being the favorite son and getting the "home" kingdom and cooler being sent away would still work

>That was retconned later though
as in, you could directly wish to bring the same person back, or did wishing for a group to be brought back count as a different wish? the latter isnt really a retcon imo

except that:

A.- while he is still not able to fight Goku or Vegeta yet, he has been busy rebuilding his empire on his own, and being successful at that.
B.- the wish for growing up is stupid. yes, but his reasoning is solid,: immortality is a bitch, and Challenges make your achievements and conquests more wortwhile.
C.-he decided to let Broly, Cheelai and Lemo live for a reason, which is to ensure Broly gains enough humanity to be able to fully control his power, power that potentially can take down GoDs, so when he is ready, he will try something to use him as his ultimate weapon.

im fucking dying this is amazing, how did I not know this channel

Sorry for the bad quality.

Attached: dragon-ball-69592.jpg (800x1227, 146K)

What comic user I wanna read it

Attached: goback.jpg (1426x1022, 156K)

A dumpster fire

TFS has always been shit.

Yeah the only part of the Bardock special that was canon was how he died.

I think Frieza became interested of Gogeta and is searching for someone to team up with, he implied that at the end.

>Retconned the Saiyans from being rude neutral warriors to being somewhat more good
>Which contradicted all what King Kai, Raditz, Nappa and Vegeta said about them during the series
None of this is really true. In Minus is one thing but in the movie nothing suggests they're good people, they're just oppressed by Frieza which was also true in the manga.
>Retconned Bardock into a guy who magically thought that Frieza was planning something bad and ejected Kakarot away
You can argue the effectiveness of it but Bardock coming to the conclusion by actually thinking about how HE would trick an entire species to congregate so he could wipe them out was an interesting take.
>All the stuff that made him memorable [not caring about his son and trying to defy the future/fate] is gone
I never got why people loved this part so much. The not caring about his son part, I mean, considering it's pretty fucking plainly not true. Bardock wasn't really invested in his kid, but he was still way more caring to his friends and comrades than a normal Saiyan anyway, and still wound up entrusting the future and the defeat of Frieza to Goku. People hype up this aspect of Bardock that only exists for maybe the first quarter of his screentime in the old special and act as if he didn't grow out of it.

That's only one panel which pretty much means everything else was non canon filler.

>Vegeta was a living prison. And Nappa just called the reader/listener a bitch.
Oh that Toriyama and his wacky stories.

Attached: Vegetable.gif (480x270, 1.4M)

They changed his armor.

Attached: bardock-dragon-ball-super-broly-1137419-1280x0.jpg (1280x721, 73K)

>BoG and DBSBroly written by Toriyama >Amazing, funny and entertaining

>Super written by Toei staff since Torihack literally gives them single words on a paper with maybe 1 sketch
>Almost impossible to watch

Toriyama clearly still has it in him to write good DB, he just doesn't want to deal with 130 episodes of a Toei shitfest, that's why DB should continue as a movie franchise rather than a weekly anime.

man that Popo shit was stupid

Attached: student doctor.jpg (1007x768, 62K)

And he still died the same way.

>makes yajirobe and korin a gay couple
It's bad enough Toriyama fucked over as is, not surprising they'd make him enjoy it.
>We could have had Yajirobe as Krillin's partner with Gohan as the third wheel
>He could have been to Krillin what Yamcha was to Tenshinhan
>We never got him cutting niggas up on Namek

Attached: 12th_day.jpg (640x476, 38K)

Thanks doc.

DBZA is basically a gag dub at this point.

Attached: 1536144803471.jpg (1598x1248, 518K)

Are we not all prisons to our own dreams and desires?

tfs humor died with nappa

I was honestly worried Kaiser was going to try and imply TFS Trunks is gay, since he seems to love injecting that aside from Zarbon.

No that's what fans wanted, the original SSGod was Goku with longer hair and an outfit similar to Xenoverse Goku and a red cape until Toriyama stepped in and made Goku slimmer and with red hair+fire aura. It's a lazy approach? yes but it made sense in universe since GoDs are slim, not buff.

Attached: 1550375939600.png (640x877, 766K)

There's nothing funny about sodomy.

Hit the nail on the head

Piccolo being Gohan's dad was never funny. Maybe it would've worked as a one-off, but it got incredibly obnoxious.

But that's wrong, whore.

Shoulderpads > Straps, but not having the bandana is unforgivable

That's an edit retard.

r/woosh

Well Yajirobe was always a lazy fuck, he only trained for the Saiyans because he was forced to. Even back in DB he was only helping out because Goku promised him some food.

>Goku spends all day with Gohan in his debut
>immediately goes to save his son and doesn't even enjoy the fight he's having
>sacrifices his life
>immediately shows up and tells Gohan to go somewhere safe while leading Vegeta in the opposite direction
>does the same on Namek with the Ginyu Force
>spends 1 year away from Gohan before spending the whole of the Cell Arc with him
>"HURR GOKU IS NEVER AROUND"

This meme is shit.

Attached: nail on the head.png (1280x716, 1.02M)

Good points.

tfs started and pushed the shitty meme of goku being a bad father. both times he died was to protect gohan

>>Frieza's lame wish and he is not interested about immortality anymore
Don't see what's wrong with this, Freeza is an egotistical psycho and he already experienced what a torture immortality is in hell, he knows he's weaker than Goku and Vegeta and that his only way of ever surpassing them is to acquire power through trickery, that's why he became more of an evil plotting villain, he's aware he's not the most powerful being in the universe anymore and so acts appropriately, he even enjoys fighting now, he barely fought before (that's why he stayed in his restrained form) because there was no one to challenge him. He is literally having character development, why do people want him to stay the fucking same forever.

Attached: 1541515529279.jpg (1200x1126, 296K)

Attached: agnostic celtic guardian.gif (500x271, 927K)

I think a lot of it is people just remember Goku refusing to be wished back to Earth after Namek but even then he was only gone for a year.

Attached: 1556478506115.jpg (456x429, 34K)

>Frieza and Cooler fusion

And he only refused because he wanted to learn Instant Transmission

I remember the ending line of Frieza was misunderstood by the japanase audience as him wanting to find an equal to join forces (fuse with) since he had finally met Gogeta and gotten fusion explained to him. So they thought Cooler fusion was the next movie.

Attached: 1535880785937.jpg (1440x1080, 761K)

hey Vegeta
Don't drop the soap

That change for Frieza can be fine, he should remain an opposing force.
Yes

Attached: 1561229168274.png (1226x2167, 3.05M)

And it seeped into Super

I know, what's important is that we always punch down when referencing sensitive material. We don't want to be insensitive when we're making humor, do we?

Why are anime conversations so friendly and thoughtful in Yea Forums and a cesspool in Yea Forums.

Attached: 1533027515546.png (431x409, 256K)

Oh come on, you're comparing an OVA to a series with basically no budget

>this is the person that the future of db lies in the hands of
Db is fucked.

Attached: bravo toyo.png (1113x831, 194K)

Because it's a friendly diversion from our usual shitposting.

A-at least as long as EoZ is canon, it's also canon that Goku is a great grandpa

Attached: 1560753391346.png (596x391, 131K)

>Dr. Gero managed to make two android who were more powerful than then ruler of the universe and the two people who killed the ruler of the universe
How

less spics,

or possibly more?

>But I don't know how to buy drugs.
>what is this, PBS? Go to a 7-11 and socialize

Attached: 1503363374880.jpg (441x496, 13K)

With infinite energy, it doesn't matter what your strength is since you can just outlast anybody. At least that would be the case if Toriyama had cared about powerlevels by that point.

I wholeheartedly believe EoZ will be retconed without even a mention of it, the series will just continue as usual but with maybe Uub added, fans will rage and eventually apologists will argue it was for the best.

It’s because the hardcore fags and shitposters congregate on Yea Forums, and also because Yea Forums has generals which are universally cancer
Conversely, I believe that an off-topic thread has more nuance because it’s rarer and the people in them consume more media instead of only the media of their home board

The cyborgs never really had to be more powerful than anyone else, they just had to be durable enough to outlast anyone else.

Just imagine, 17 and 18 could have been weaker than Krillin, but with their bullshit deflector shield and unlimited energy they could still beat out all of the fighters in Z.

To be fair, he did give a senzu to the creation of science that would beat the shit of his sun, generate spawn that he would later sick on them, and push his son into a desperate struggle where would have either have to nut the fuck up or die.

I'm the user that made this, thanks for the responses i now understand better.

Unfortunately EoZ is going to get heavily retconned so toei can continue shilling their OC they created for super.

Yeah but they still whooped Vegeta's ass

>Goku never kissed

There's a difference between liking their version more, and thinking it's legitimately better.

Goku had a habit of letting his friends try to win as well as being dumb and enjoying how far the fight could go. Which always ended badly.

That's because for Cell and Buu sagas Vegeta was the Worf of the show.

NORTH KOREA

Vegeta really did take everything Yamcha had.

What's retarded about Frieza having a brother? There's never anything stating his race can only have one child per parent. If anything, it makes sense that the family would have relatives or others close to their lineage to have minor control of other parts of the universe.

Of course.

Attached: 42c44b76bd5cde4abe0cf51f8b9c688b[1].jpg (480x650, 48K)

>best thing about the dub was the Vegeta
>Lani is "that guy" who is embarrassingly loud and shouts everything

>Instead of Punished Yamcha we got Meme Yamcha
Sad

This. The odds were stacking against team Goku at absurd levels.
>Fighting Frieza to the point of exhaustion
>The fucking SPIRIT BOMB of all things didn't kill him
>The Namekian Dragon Balls were rendered useless that to Guru's death
>The earth Dragon Balls were about to be inert because of Piccolo getting sniped by Frieza
>Even if those factors weren't in play, Krillin died TWICE by point so as far a Goku as concerned Krillin was fucked
>The psychotic maniac that had just killed his best friend threatened his son not even 30 seconds after
Only so much bullshit can mount atop a man's back before he snaps.

Attached: Super Saiyan Rage.gif (480x270, 2.14M)

TFS is pure shit the moment you realize that they barely have original jokes and most of their jokes come from other DBZ dubs.

What did krillin mean by this?
youtu.be/Y9OaKARTAGA?t=11

Attached: 1561236490641.jpg (720x405, 143K)

That would have made for a nice recurring gag and also a drive for his character, but nope, Dragon Ball became SRS BZNS.

and Archer.

I wonder if Frieza/Cell/whomever just had an honest moment where they sat down and thought "I could probably accomplish my goals if I just joined Goku's side and played nice with Earth"

hey look it's naruto

Toriyama wrote that Goku never kissed his wife, are you that surprised?

>archer jokes over DBZ
i never liked what little TFS i watched but i cant imagine that working or being any good

Goku doesn't even care about any place other than Earth, Frieza is still raiding planets by DBSBroly and they don't give a flying fuck so yeah, if they weren't so high on their ego they'd just befriend Goku and keep being evil on the side.

he was the actual legendary super saiyan

>Vegeta got Yamcha's sloppy seconds
>Yamcha still pulls in pussy from his baseball career
>Heavily implied he was pulling tail even when he was fucking Bulma
>Had Bulma in her prime vs. Vegeta getting her when she started to lose her value
Yamcha's so great of a character, Toei and Akira had to make him the butt of jokes so he wouldn't detract from the Super Saiyan Show Featuring Vegeta.

Attached: aheadofthecompetition.jpg (540x382, 48K)

>Nearly 11 years old
Oh god

Attached: 1444689408447.png (557x700, 441K)

He wanted to be called Jiren haha get it like the new character
17/18's arrival was the end of DBZA being any good.

Attached: SecretIlliterateDogwoodclubgall-poster.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Vegeta is a jobber, Yamcha is the Worf.

They probably had that moment just as they were being vaporized

I wish Yamcha got to go to the ToP instead of Tien, at least him going out in a draw would still be something you could consider a victory for him.

Hmph...

Attached: 1525567232663.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

nah man he just felt back tingles and went super it's easy

The funny thing is Yajirobe has actually done more for the group than Yamcha
>Killed Cymbal
>Carried Goku to the top of Korrin's tower after he was beaten to near death
>Cut off Vegeta's tail
>Was the bean daddy during the Cell saga

Guy was eager to fight too. While it was nice that Freeza got some expanded depth and C17 stole the show, I still feel it was a missed opportunity to leave him out.

Why did Gohan completely lose his shit when Cell killed Android 16, even though death is completely meaningless in the Dragon Ball universe, and he'd already experienced multiple times having even closer friends, like Piccolo, being killed in the past?

Attached: 4481321-maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Late DB, early DBZ Tien was so good, pioneered a ton of ki based techniques that are still used and actually cared for the well-being of the zfighters, he got the worst out of everyone in the cast.

Bad writing.

We were close to having filler Yamcha becoming the canon, such a shame they decided to play it for laughs.

16 doesn’t have a soul so there’s nothing to wish back, but there’s so little attachment between 16 and Gohan the scene makes little sense regardless.

Please please please do not remind of that...

Attached: perfectly calm.gif (500x281, 951K)

You’re definitely right but I just feel like they could’ve propped up Yamcha instead of doing Tien dirty like 4 times in a row.

Attached: 1518659727265.png (443x451, 66K)

yugioh abridged is bad after the noah arc and dbza is horrible after the freeza arc. sao misses the point of abridged series and is hyper gay. purpleeyeswtf and sbn3 dubs are the best

>tien
im still mad at what they did to him
>the ONLY human (except for roshi maybe) to never stop training
>ONLY uses the attack that kills him instead of the dope moves he had in DB
>uses his clones like a retard
tien is better than that toei plz

yamcha straight up doesnt fight anymore so him not being in kinda makes sense

Is the DBO timeline still canon? Is Gohan still going to end up writing a book about ki control that revolutionizes the human race?

Attached: CWISr3yUkAAPYjV.jpg (695x576, 65K)

WHHYYYYYY? WHHHYYYYYY? WHY THE FUCK YOU WOULD YOU COMPLETELY INVALIDATE THE STRUGGLE OF THE SUPER SAIYAN?! GOKU, GOHAN, TRUNKS, AND VEGETA WENT THROUGH ABSOLUTE HELL TO ACHIEVE IT AND NOW YOU WANNA TELL ME IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF S-CELLS STAR WARS SHIT? WHO THE FUCKS WRITES THIS CRAP?

Attached: AAAAHH!.gif (498x262, 1.49M)

>Gohan
To be fair, he didn't really, all he did was train with Goku for a year

It was a combination of 16's speech, Cell's gloating, the Jrs fucking up his friends, and his own emotions building up. Goku did the same thing on Namek.

>he doesn't know

Attached: God of Jiren.png (685x960, 682K)

You mad?

Attached: 1510290389581.png (1920x1080, 3.44M)

Dragon ball online lore was kinda cool.
Dragon ball xenoverse though....

>in the Super manga Tien gets one-shot in his only fight after having his ultimate move tanked.

N-no...shut up!

Attached: tears of a sand.gif (498x268, 452K)

Kefla is superior

Gohan's entire life between Raditz and the end of Cell was nothing but fighting and emotional trauma
>>the ONLY human (except for roshi maybe) to never stop training
I like Krillin more than Tien, but him being the strongest human for no reason in spite of what you said is bullshit

Trunks and Goten becoming Super Saiyan already ruined the form

>complaining about it now and not when Goten and Kid Trunks got super saiyan literally with no effort and (albeit fused) were the only characters to be able to sustain Super Saiyan 3 without being literally dead

i get what you're saying user but c'mon

>tfw you'll never spend 6 months training with the doctor

Super Saiyan got invalidated two decades before Super was a thing.

Bardock was literally made by toei. Minus fucking ruined his character.

Never.
No.

Attached: hugecaulifla.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

I just want to remind everyone that Goku was the only one to get Super Saiyan on screen.

Attached: 1555548665516.gif (320x240, 1.18M)

Attached: qVsMokW.png (599x526, 464K)

>I like Krillin more than Tien, but him being the strongest human for no reason in spite of what you said is bullshit
Tien isn't a human though.

I'm going into this knowing that it's bullshit, but you could make the argument that their fathers have been Super Saiyans for years and their kids are just banking of their juiced up genes.

What about Trunks?

He already had it.

Attached: jYs98XB.jpg (1024x1536, 338K)

He is, his third eye shows his enlightenment.

And Future Trunks

Attached: TdTatU.gif (320x240, 1.97M)

Trunks
Bardock
Goten?

Vegeta's transformation is the best one though

>>Vegeta forgetting he has SSBE
SSBE is the same as Ultra Instinct in the fact it was a fight or flight response which he can't naturally reproduce anymore unless the situation is right.

Remember when it used to track enemies at all times and copy their moves just by witnessing them? NAH LETS JUST KIKOHO AGAIN

All filler.

Attached: 1554527288733.webm (1280x720, 1.38M)

>They passed up to opportunity for Tien to fake his ring out in the ToP with a clone while the real Tien hides for the perfect moment to snipe someone from out of nowhere
What a wasted arc.

Attached: 1560610387903.jpg (320x315, 101K)

Dub of the Northstar by a fucking mile.

>They call me buttabuns
>KENNNNNNNNNNNNN
>boots, boot, boot.
>You have anything to say for yourself? "blarg" tell it to the judge.

Attached: carmack.png (531x467, 59K)

Wait how in the fuck? I thought he achieved Super Saiyan AFTER Gohan got his shit pushed in.

Considering Goku isn't a human, would Yajirobe eating him still be considered cannibalism?

Attached: 18d0bcbc566b1a7cb84c654973356551.jpg (870x1305, 214K)

If you're not rocking a head-canon at this point for Dragon Ball I dunno what to tell you user.

When I cut you off at the pass, you gon take it up the ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=nb294wqrdAw
post kino

Even against Cell, Krillin is all "oh fuck I'm out of here he is too strong" while Tien just starts blasting him with kikouhous to give android 18 just a small chance to escape, knowing he's almost assured to be dead.

Tien is a real bro. Always looking out for his friends.

Nah, I've simply read the manga.

Attached: LfiEeVTWTvWLxWL-u_NpOA.png (526x283, 123K)

Meant for

>I'd shake your hand but you know... dont touch me

Sure, yeah, you keep on believing that.

Okay, I laughed.

Why didn't any of the humans learn the Kaioken?

Can you post some of your headcanons? Just interested in seeing some.

Considering Dragon Ball's initial take, I stand by what I said.

>get up bitch, lets take it from the top
>stop being a pussy, let me help.

Attached: afg.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

Do senzu beans restore broken teeth?

Well at least a Yamcha somewhere got to be cool.

I was waiting for him to go all out ala Cell arc
>4 clones
>4 arms each
>2 kikohos with each set of arms

They’re pretty close up until Fu.

do senzu beans restore your hymen?

Then I guess you'll just have to live with Krillin being stronger than Tien.

>be me
>4 years old
>kidnapped by an alien who tells dad to blow up the Earth
>watch dad get killed
>kidnapped by another alien who also killed my dad
>spend months fighting dinosaurs and shit
>more aliens show up and kill almost everyone I know including the alien #2
>dad is resurrected, almost gets killed again
>beats alienlet but lets him leave
>next thing I know I'm in space
>more fucking aliens, watch copious amounts of children die before my eyes
>forced to fight the guy who killed said children
>alienlet returns and is even stronger than before, proceeds to knee me in the gut
>get the shit kicked out of me by some sentai tard
>the emperor of space shows up and kills everyone else I know
>dad yells at me
>then he fucking blows up
>not really, he's still alive but is spending a year in space
>emperor of space returns to kill everyone I know again
>now I'm fighting robots and dad is having a heart attack
>dad makes me fight the ultimate lifeform who beat everyone else, including him
>but first he heals him
>Cell beats the shit out of me and then some disembodied robot head tells me to unleash my inner power
>get pissed, beat him till he pukes up another robot
>he fucking explodes and my dad kills himself to save everyone
>finally beat Cell, but dad still won't come home
>fucking space pirates show up
Being Gohan is suffering

Attached: KidGohan.png (640x480, 305K)

In all fairness Yamcha had apparently started training in secret at some point prior to the ToP and was really hoping he’d get picked, it was all just played for laughs though.

>Tien actually survives to the end of the tournament
>He says "Fuck it, if we lose the universe goes"
>does this
>Kikohos in every direction, smashing loads of people out of the ring.

That'd be pretty fuckin' cool.

the bandana was a handkerchief soaked in his friend's(?) blood after he found him and the others killed by frieza's men, before that he never wore a bandana

Attached: 1533682539179.png (634x975, 910K)

Yes since her teeth came back after eating it.

Well it’s sort of implied that they would have let Gohan grow his arm back in History of Trunks, and they did fix Videl’s teeth, honestly I feel like they don’t really have a limit to what they can fix as long as you can still eat them.

The anime adaptation wisely decided to change that he already had it in the manga.

Reminder that latest from Dragonball storyboards involve introducing the first super saiyan God, and claiming that Goku is literally Saiyan jesus

The majority of the original manga, with certain fillers in tact (or at times replacing events). For example Goku's quest for the Choseisui/Super Holy Water in the anime is my favoured telling of that story so I'll watch that instead of reading that part (as it develops him in a way that enriches the show without contradicting much). The majority of the saiyan arc filler p.much happened, since the characters develop and nothing in the show is contradicted, and again, everything is enriched.
Both Z TV specials took place. It's some of the best material the show ever produced, no amount of 'not canon!' means anything to me. Any filler that enriches the show without contradicting the manga directly. At the EoZ I have a kind of canon-cut off point, where I don't think of the Beerus stuff as 'in-canon'. It's over there with the GT stuff. Fun to watch from time to time, but I don't consider it a part of my Dragon Ball story.
People will probly call it autistic, but there's a ton of great Dragon Ball material out there, more than enough for your own ideal version to be crafted.

Why did Gohan have to be talked into fighting Cell when he had already been fighting people since he was four?

Eh, Cell had his moments and so did 16
that said apparently they are going back to a more mocking tone for Buu

Isn't that was Frieza does in the ToP?

Yajirobe is introduced as ridiculously strong (stronger than Tenshinhan and able to keep up with 22nd Budokai Goku without techniques, something Tenshinhan actually couldn't do). Toriyama made him lazy and unwilling to devote himself to training even after meeting people stronger than him like Piccolo because he didn't want Yajirobe as one of the main warriors.

TFS's imperfect Cell just really underscores that he's a much better looking evil walking abomination of genetics than perfect cell.

I fucking hate Perfect Cell's look.

Oh, and obviously shit like 'Dragon Ball Minus' can fuck right off too. Anything that really messes with character motivation in a way that's detrimental to the themes of the original just sucks, and it's a damn shame that modern Toriyama seems to have missed the point of his series entirely.

What the fuck is Dragonball Minus?
Is it like, Garfield Minus Garfield?

Perfect Cell was also a fairly generic retread of King Piccolo, while Imperfect Cell was fairly unique for a DBZ villain
after all when he's first introduced he's actually the underdog, he's the one using solar flare and running away hiding his power level

I actually like that Krillin stood out long enough to be that.
>Shorter than the average man
>Got his ass kicked many a time
>Got killed the most out of everyone else
>Just wanted to live a normal life for the most part and get a girlfriend
>Pushed through long enough to where he could do just that
Krillin's a great character and got what he wanted and earned it too. Super definitely works with showing the moments where the characters bond with their family and loved ones and I think Krillin hit the jackpot all things considered.

Attached: hehehehe.png (175x147, 65K)

No it’s the canon Bardock story.

God damnit nappa

>Vegeta on the side not giving a fuck
Jobhan sits there watching his girlfriend get beaten to a pulp, and Vegeta fights a god of destruction because he slapped his wife.

Attached: Namek laugh.gif (498x498, 285K)

Extra chapter of the Jaco manga volume compilation that had most of the Bardock/Goku backstory included in the new Broly movie.

>grew up with Kid Goku
>watched the original series as well as Z
>take a liking to Goten because he's basically Kid Goku but more innocent
>nothing but fusion fodder
>get shafted in GT
>Super does absolutely nothing with him while developing Trunks
>Gotenks isn't even that strong anymore
>Toriyama refuses to age up Goten and Trunks
Just end my misery already.

It's a manga chapter toriyama wrote for his Jako series, it served as a prequel to the events of Dragon Ball. Basically turned Bardock into a nice guy who sent Goku to Earth to save him. Which utterly decimated the theme of Goku being sent to Earth for being trash, but ultimately rose higher than anyone.
They used the same plot points for the Broli film.

Canon my arse, that thing is about as canon as a highlander sequel

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it isn’t what happened.

Nah, it made more sense than the existing backstory. How Raditz expected a baby Goku to know his mission and was surprised he had done nothing never made any sense.

Also, in spite of the whole "he was rude until hitting his head" we only see a very friendly baby Goku crying. Meanwhile, in Jaco, we actually see that Goku fought Gohan when they first (and although the battle isn't shown Gohan mentions that if it had been anyone else they'd have been dead).

I think Trunks is almost as old as he was during History of Trunks at this point, I can only assume Future Trunks showing up somehow stunted his growth.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Attached: 1535000500435.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

if it's stupid enough
yes we can
hence the highlander comparison

A sentient being eating another sentient being may not be cannibalism as such, but I'd argue it has a similar level of immorality, so it's moot to split hairs about it.

vegetaaa, vegetaaa I am haunting you

I didn't even know this was a thing until a couple of weeks ago. There's a shitton of all sorts of gag dubs all over youtube. The yugioh one was pretty funny at parts, though. I was shocked to learn that one guy did all the voices.

>forced to watch my fiancee get beaten to near death by the reincarnation of Satan
>five years later, his dumbass takes our four year old son with him to his perverted master's house for a reunion
>they don't come back
>my son was kidnapped by my asshole brother-in-law from outer space
>my husband's fucking dead
>also Satan Jr.'s back, and he's kidnapped my son
>he wants to train him to fight two bloodthirsty space pirates who're even stronger than the guy who kicked my husband's ass
>I had to find all of this out myself after worrying myself sick all night
>and I'm not able to see either of them for a whole year
>when I see them again, my son's lying naked in a ditch, and every bone in my husband's body is broken
>husband's friends want to go to a planet that's filled with Satan Jrs. to wish back everyone killed by the space pirates
>my son speaks up from his hospital bed and says he wants to go too
>I say "no, wanting to bring back the guy who kidnapped you and killed your dad is a fucking stupid idea", and the little shit actually talks back to me as if I'm being unreasonable
>my husband and son leave me again
>at least my son came back after a month
>my husband died fighting space Hitler - oh well, nothing the magic wish granting orbs can't fix
>oh he's alive, he just doesn't want to come back to his family because reasons

Attached: 3d9545211e426fba40a3f80c554b471a.jpg (870x1305, 241K)

With Nappa's expectations, I just assumed that the 'mission' was based on Saiyan's as a species, they didn't need to be told what it was, they were just natural savages and would overpower the weak environment they were sent to over time.
You mentioned a few nitpicks, and not how that effects the whole series. Bardock likely ended on a note of hope because it had to, which caused a slight inconsistency (you can literally jus pretend that lil ending didn't happen, or look at it for what it is, a happy ending after a bummer of a TV special). While Jaco's story utterly fucks Goku's motivation as a character, because his entire arc in the Saiyan arc is now null and void. One is far more detrimental to the story than the other.

>whole audience yelling HAAAH at Evo
why did it have to die

None of it happened user, it's fiction.

Kaiser makes gay jokes all the time still, but he's gay, so he can do it and get away with it.

>With Nappa's expectations, I just assumed that the 'mission' was based on Saiyan's as a species
Nah. He wasn't expecting him to be ruling the planet, but to have cleaned it up to sell it to other aliens. It clearly was a very specific expectation.

>While Jaco's story utterly fucks Goku's motivation as a character, because his entire arc in the Saiyan arc is now null and void.

He's still a low class Saiyan (with his mother now being so weak she was removed from combat), and the Saiyan's violent nature is still mentioned. Although his mother was an exception, Bardock is shown killing a planet as his intro even if he now cares for his family. Goku himself clearly wasn't an exception either since his first reaction to meeting Gohan was attempting to kill him.

Attached: Jaco_c11_11.jpg (869x1305, 306K)

Except their newest episodes still have them. They don't give a shit.

dude Gohan on the time chamber?

Yu Gi Oh.

The point wasn't that he's low class, it's that he was trash. Nobody cared about him. He was tossed away, because he's dirt to them, like how we send meat to the slaughter. He was made to fight or die, so he's being sent off to fight or die.
Not the case any more, actually now his parents sent him there because they loved him. If you can't see how that flips the entirety of his character around, there probly won't be much point in further discussion. I get that Bardock was still bad, but the problem is that we saw him do what he didn't do in the special, which was something selfless (save his son). Having Bardock be completely disgusting without caring for his own son fit PERFECTLY in line with how the Saiyans were characterized, and actually helped give more significance to Goku's ultimate rise to the top.

As for Radditz/Nappa (can't even remember who we were talking about now), I think we're on the same page there, I pretty much meant overthrow as in to overcome the species, and clear them up.

filler

*tips skullcap*

>at first you had my curiosity, but now you have my erection

>Krillin works in order to surpass his reasonable fear of FUCKING DYING considering he died multiple times before
>Friend who is retarded strong challenges him to a friendly scrim in order to get ready for this tournament that will decide the fate of the universe
>Despite the gap in strength wins by outplaying him with rules
>Gets disqualified in this tournament before anyone else in his team by using a chance to save someone else in the team that is much stronger and useful than him
>His team still shits on him for doing so
It feels like of all the old minor characters that got a bit of development before the ToP only Roshi got a satisfying sendoff.

>Goku is literally Saiyan jesus
couldnt even surprise me if the series went in this direction

I'm still shocked 17 was the last standing.

Golden Big Gete Star Meta Cooler