Is Bloodstained as good as the classic Castlavania series?

Is Bloodstained as good as the classic Castlavania series?
>not retro
fuck you not my fault they range banned my mobile IP when I did zero wrong

Attached: download.jpg (295x171, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rSoxMnLT8s8
youtube.com/watch?v=QYXA4qSxUtc
youtube.com/watch?v=GPTjhsHha6k
youtube.com/watch?v=GH5Fvr237jY
youtube.com/watch?v=gkPSsnmFvoE
youtube.com/watch?v=SLqw9IB110s&list=PLp9pMQuL6L_0_bzrxez2_JHYjLly5J1gH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1. Not retro.
2. Igavanias are terrible games.
3. Just play Dark fucking Souls.

it is retro since it is compares this to how it matches retro games

It's better than SoTN that's for sure but the whole gameplay style is worse than classicvania, even nightmare mode can't fix it

>fuck you not my fault they range banned my mobile IP when I did zero wrong
it's not our fault either, fuck off

I'll buy it when it's on sale, but my expectations are extremely low, because SotN is a game with stellar aesthetics and terrible gameplay, whereas this thingie seems to keep gameplay and lose the aesthetics.

It is the opposite of SotN:
SotN - amazing graphics but really boring gameplay.
Bloodstained - terrible graphics, but some challenging fights.

Still an easy game of course, because of things like healing potions and level ups. Check out Curse of the Moon instead, looks and plays better. Great tribute to Castlevania 3.

Use Nightmare as your name and pick the hardest difficulty from the get-go, improves the combat by a good bit, not only adding new encounters but removing level ups entirely similar to level 1 hard modes in Portrait of Ruin and OoE. I've already beaten Curse of the Moon in just about every way I can, it's pretty good though with how the "difficulties" work you're either playing a way too easy version of Castlevania 3, or some kind of Ninja Gaiden tribute. Never TRULY feels like a classic Castlevania.

>Bloodstained - terrible graphics, but some challenging fights.
I haven't played the game and don't have an opinion, but I bet you're bullshitting me. Difficulty? Fuck you for most-likely-lying. I'm 100% sure the game is mostly straight hallways with idiotically placed enemies that never have a chance to activate their attack patterns because they die in one hit, and they deal far too little damage for it to threaten you either way. And as for exploration, it's the gool ole Super-Metroid-but-for-the-mentally-retarded.

Not retro

Absolutely not, but we decided to indulge OP and shit on his game nonetheless.

you're such a meme

its pretty gud.

Why isn't it retro? Did I miss something?

>It's better than SoTN that's for sure
It unites aspects of SOTN with the Sorrow games, but it's not better. It's just another Igavania for the new generation. I vastly prefer the art direction of SOTN to any of them, which is basically all these games have going.

lol souls baby thinking his game is good

Attached: CASTLEVANIA SERIES.png (199x888, 24K)

I'll summarise it for you.

The game is ridiculously short and monotone. Enemy design is very poor. There are cheap midpoint bosses that require linear decision making rendering the opportunity of free choice moot. The game is riddled with gamebreaking bugs.

No castlevania has ever been as empty as this. You can 50% in 4hrs or less. The only thing that will add time to that is having no sense of direction or inability to understand the constant hints you're given by the merchant. It's overpriced as a pc game and better suited for the GBA.

In a sentence it's an order of ecclesia fan-sevice game with catgirls and bunny ears.

The game literally opens with you killing sea creatures on a boat in one hit with guess what...

Water

While it's raining.

Hahahahahahaha.

>fuck you not my fault they range banned my mobile IP when I did zero wrong
sounds like you share an IP range with a bunch of subhuman shitposters. You know what you must do, user.

It' s just Order of Ecclesia on PS4.

>dumping on OoE
shit taste my man

Jim sterling liked it so it must be shit imo.

Sounds good to me.

It's a 9/10 from me Eric.
There's load of metroidvania but this one is the real deal.
Finally one game to surpass SotN.

Is there a way to remap bullet souls to up+attack

Too many similarities to SoTN it started to annoy me

>phone poster
You don't need to do anything wrong for a ban to be justified

Dumping?

OoE was dope especially the crab battle.

Bloodstained is a poor man's OoE only glyphs are now called shards.

It's like yeah let's put an androgynous female in this indie game the zoomers will love it. Yeah let's begin on a boat too!

Nah.

Bloodstained isn't trying to be OoE, unfortunately, it's trying to be DoS. And it does DoS way better than DoS did, but would still be vastly improved by removing the grade and rank nonsense, as well as the crafting

Can we use this as the help thread?

On Normal mode yeah, its pretty easy, but there is a hard and nightmare mode that are actually challenging.

>DoS
Doesn't feel like that to me.
It's more like SotN with some AoS mixed in.
It has none of DoS physics/gameplay feel.

ITS pretty Impressive, Tons of mechanics and great Level and Boss design

Attached: IMG_20190622_182534.jpg (4608x2592, 1.8M)

It's literally the same shit as Dawn
Have to grind every shard you want to use to rank 9
Weapon types have exact same physics as Dawn with the exception of whips, right down to the greatsword overhead swing
Exact same forging shit, although this time they had the good sense to not consume shards when forging

The only things I can think of that it borrows from SotN are the familiars, OD, and some of the map structure. Oh, and obviously the Rhava Velar is more Crissaegrim than Valmanway

From figured out 3Dvania with Demon's Souls already,

and is shit just like other 3dvanias

Both Aria & Portrait already surpassed symphony though

Did mods move this thread FROM /vr/? Why is this thread, despite being filled with assholes, more civil than any Yea Forums thread

Is it worth using Bloodbringer as a sword or is it better using it as a familiar? The leveling up aspect intrigues me.

I respect your opinion as the original poster of your reason to respond and respect you for your passion of matter.

As you probably aren't part of the consumer base yourself if you can't see how they marketed Miriam in the same way they marketed Shanoa right down to cloning her palette and stage presence.

Bloodstained was nothing more than a cashgrab from casuals to try and satisfy the needs of the hardcore. Everything I'm sorts is just a messy mosiac designed to get you thinking of castlevania again in general and as we're all talking about it like it's new it seems to of worked although we're not talking about it because it was good we're doing so as a post mortem. We're essentially walking billboards at this point and will bring newcomers of the series into the light.

Yet we can all surely agree this was a 5/10 at best.

you wish it was part of the CV IP, instead your franchise ended up dead while DeS spawned a whole franchise by itself

>tfw mobile IP has been rangebanned for almost 4 months now
on the bright side, i've started to lurk other boards more often

Attached: 1519773534802.png (1280x1024, 927K)

Is the music at least as good as SotN? The only reason I played that game was the music, everything else sucked. I heard the same woman who composed SotN also composed music for this one.

Sterling also hates 76 and Anthem so those must be amazing right?

a shit franchise of rehashed games with bad hitboxes

Imagine letting e-celebs control your life like this.

Are there any shards that let me go sanic fast?

not as kino as SOTN but bloodstained's gameplay is way more fun, imo

Music
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rSoxMnLT8s8

I've played every single Igavania game
It doesn't matter how Miriam was "marketed," Bloodstained doesn't play anything like OoE whatsoever outside of arguably the villager sidequests. And I wish it did, I like OoE's glyph system much more than pretty much anything Castlevania has tried in the past

And, no I can't agree on 5/10. There's not a single element that pulls my enjoyment of the game down that far.

that's true for DS2,
in the others the hitboxes were excellent

Attached: ds3hitboxes.webm (1024x576, 2.99M)

I have to replay the entire game again because I didn't get the fucking usurper achievement fuck my life.

Attached: 1560670036573.gif (602x476, 89K)

what's the item between demon leather and strange leather?

It’s a fun game. What’s the problem baka senpai.

O.D is kicking my fucking ass. Is there a shard that lets you see lifebars or something? How much health does this fucker have.

Someone please help I still cannot find the chinese noodles WHERE ARE THEY I CAN'T FIND THEM THE FOOD QUEST IS THE ONLY THING I HAVE LEFT UNTIL I CAN GO TO NG+ I NEED MY FUCKING NOODLES

Attached: grabby.gif (510x500, 161K)

The red glasses right?

the gauge glasses let you see how much they have left when you hit them

there are the gauge glasses which let you see how much health an opponent has when you attack

Oh shit. They're blue but yeah I had them and didn't even know. Thanks.

user, I'm and you just replied to some shitposter copypasta.
In any case, the physics are not like Dawn.
Dawn physics are very rigid and heavy for the lack of better word, SotN is notoriously "floaty" in movement, you stay relatively long in the air etc.
RotN copies SotN physics 100% complete with the same movement (intentional) bugs such as backdash cancel.
It has Dawn's crafting trash sure but in terms of movement physics it's SotN and weapon/enemy physics are very clearly AoS.

How do i get to the chest at the very top of boss arena in the Twin Towers? There's a hole at the top i got through by Inverse and a chest, and then there's another one with a narrow passage and spikes visible behind the wall but i'm not sure how to get there
Also what's up with Redbeasts Edge, why is it losing power on 16bit upgrade?

Can you shut the fuck up and go back to vg?

>Reward for completing all of cooking granny's quests
jesus fuck this is hideously OP i love it

Is there any save rooms or fast travels in Den of Behemoths?

Attached: 1559628517698.jpg (1000x1000, 74K)

A lot of good Michiru Yamane tracks, in fact the music is so very quintessentially "Castlevania" that I don't get this shitty, and I hate to use this word, ludonarrative dissonance that I get in other "knockoff" games that try to imitate a different game but never manage to replicate the music style properly.
This game did, because it's the same composer.

Case in point:
youtube.com/watch?v=QYXA4qSxUtc
youtube.com/watch?v=GPTjhsHha6k
youtube.com/watch?v=GH5Fvr237jY
youtube.com/watch?v=gkPSsnmFvoE

You'll get shards to get those eventually, just keep playing for now
No idea about the "bit" weapon, as I never really bothered with those.
>stop talking about video games on Yea Forums
Neck yourself

SotN doesn't have stuff like stand in place guns or overhead swing greatswords like DoS and RotN have. I think all three games do the weapon types they have in common the same, except whips, which RotN does in its own unique way. It's not anything like Aria, which has its high speed arcing weapons that require precision (unless they're the Claimh Solais). No other Castlevania game has anything like that

I guess RotN is a bit floatier than Dawn though

No, is better, the old metroidvanias were really limited by their systems, we could never enjoy them in a good way nowadays, GBA and DS games can't really be ported to anything modern without looking and feeling horrible and extremely limited, Symphony of the Night won't have those problems but the inverted castle is really a miss. The way the shards are implemented is amazing and the whole right analog deal changes the game completely. Can't wait for the sequel

I take it some kind of wall phasing or something. Alright, thanks a lot.
No but i can put my cock back in your mouth if you beg harder assclown.

You’re really cool

Thanks, you too.

It does dawn of sorrow better in every way except for the actual castle, which is very VERY important in games like this. Plus Julius mode fixed a lot of issues DoS originally had

So i have the double jump and the ray, will there be more skills to get higher or im just bad at jumping cuz there are some areas where im juuuuuuuuuuust not high enough to reach

There’s a high jump shard you have to craft

Yes
You can also use double jump to bounce on enemies and reach some spots. Certain areas are only accessible with a new skill

WEREN'T PLANNING ON EATING THAT, WERE YOU?

Attached: consume.jpg (316x292, 71K)

This user knows what's up.

There's always a super jump/flight later on in these games.

What do I do now?

Attached: 20190622042932_1.jpg (2560x1440, 593K)

Yes, you can tell by the normal sized corridor.

Overhead swords and guns originate from AoS though you nigger.

Wait for Zangetsu, or Nightmare Mode

have sex

Get a life.

Play nightmare mode from 0

Can't stand the voice acting and writing.
Also levels are ugly as fuck. Uninstalled.

>No idea about the "bit" weapon, as I never really bothered with those.
Lightsaber one is really good, basically best one to invest in.
The Light'n'Dark Whip is really cool, though gets outclassed relatively quickly.

The biggest problem this game has is complete lack of balance, you can get the best weapon within first hour of the game (Crisseagrim) and some really fucking good shards as well.

can't you buy it on the shop?

they're not in the shop for me

She didn't get it right. Sounds like a knockoff of her earlier works instead of something new. it reeks of laziness

It's up there with the best games of the genre.
Depends on what you mean by "classic". Curse of the Moon is basically CV3 on steroids and RoTN is Symphony/Aria on steroids.

>you can get the best weapon within first hour of the game (Crisseagrim)
You mean the Vorpal Blade knock-off. You don't get the means to make a proper Crissaegrim until near the very end of the game.

Play Nightmare Mode if you're autistic and like artificial difficulty, or just wait for Chadgetsu DLC like the rest of us.

Its base version that drops from Killer Nigger is still extremely good, especially for early game.

Is Switch version really locked at 30 fps?
I wanted to own a physical copy and I don't feel like plugging my PS4 before Persona 5R.

Attached: 5I3wZio.png (1290x1821, 651K)

im missing a single fucking technique and i have no clue what it is

im stuck at like 95% goddamnit

(You)

Why are you moving the goalposts? It's still the same weapon, you upgrade it later sure but the base version that's already powerful as hell drops within first hour of the game.

Yes, it's also locked at 720p

I'm amazed how blind everyone is, so much backers remorse.
>I-It looks great, not at all on par with Mighty Number 9.. N-Not at all!
>A-Attacking in all directions like every other metroidvania today? N-Nah this is b.. Based, based and epic, Iga can do n-no wrong. I'm having so much fun!
>H-Haha I died again because of unfai- woops I mean, I need to gid gud! lol! y-yeah..

I don't see what was good about Dawn's castle. The only memorable parts of it were the sliding room puzzle and touch screen ice blocks, every other part of it was just standard bland Castle design

And greatswords don't work anything like they do in DoS or RotN. And if you want to be a pedantic asshole, the gun shit started in Circle of the Moon

>Is Bloodstained as good as the classic Castlavania series?
No a metroidvania is as good as a classicvania what kind of question is this.

What a shame.
Guess I'll be getting it on PC once it's heavily discounted then.

>unfair
>bloodstained
Like fucking what? How small does your brain have to be to think that anything in this game is unfair with the windups that everything and everybody has.

The only exception, I guess, being OD

please tell me you're not unironically getting filtered by normal mode

Now you can play the game.

Attached: 1561078663427.jpg (677x678, 180K)

> Ah sweet, a food item that gives 40 HP and +5 to three stats? Awesome!
> GRANDMA NOOOOO

Attached: Yamero cat.jpg (236x236, 10K)

Imagine being this fucking casual, get rekt.

Personally i thought it was exactly as cheesy as i always liked it

Attached: Bloodstained_is_good.png (319x336, 142K)

>A-Attacking in all directions like every other metroidvania today? N-Nah this is b.. Based, based and epic, Iga can do n-no wrong. I'm having so much fun!

>There is an entire category of shards that specifically does this and you get the first one within the first 10 minutes of the game
Post link to the review you copied this complaint from

The first song you linked sounds remarkably similar to dravulas castle. Sorry man, she copied her own work

It sucks shit for early game. It's subpar to guns on hard and actual ass on Nightmare.

what a cringe post holy shit user

is there a secret to beating the blood boss?

>souls fags being hysterical and deluded

It's gonna be okay hun, I'm sure the next soulsborne won't be a total embarrassment like sekiro and your little subgenre will be relevant again..
>code vein
Rofl..

>The Light'n'Dark Whip is really cool, though gets outclassed relatively quickly.
it's one of the best weapons in the game if you upgrade it fully, it's fast attacking is a bit ackward because of the change mechanic.

>you can get the best weapon within first hour of the game (Crisseagrim) and some really fucking good shards as well.
it's not even that good outside of early game

Nigger the entire point is to have the same style, that's a good thing. If it didn't sound like the same style then it would be bad which is why I hate all those shitty knockoff games that never get music right because they don't properly match the original style.
Eat shit.

>Dark Souls
Demon's Souls

Can anyone recommend me a metroidvania that won’t disappoint me? I really want this game but I’m having a hard time justifying $39 right now. I’m thinking timespinners?

I'm annoyed the bunnygirl sin't a separate character with a few more moves, would be neat playing a game just as her but I can't give up SANIC to do it.

Also what's the fucking deal with the ending, did everybody really die?

>total embarrassment like sekiro
It's better than soulshit though.

Attached: We are fucking I.C.E..jpg (1456x1092, 114K)

SotN you dumb nigger.
Timespinner is SJW shit where your "reward" for doing sidequests is NPCs going into extremely intimate details about their degeneracy.

Attached: piratebros.png (976x658, 300K)

If you're having a hard time justifying $39 you should probably be working on improving your career or looking for a job.

You can have that style while making new compositions which she didn't do. Don't encourage laziness

That's what they get for fucking around with summoning demons.

Anyway O.D survived

just fucking get the gog pirate. I dunno if it can be patched somehow, besides getting the newest when it leaks, but you can play the full game at least.

You're deaf if you think those are the same tracks.

>get the toy boots
>karate boots that hit twice as hard as any weapon I have currently
>SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1523040357067.jpg (250x249, 6K)

timespinners is super mediocre, the level design in particular is dogshit. try valdis story, momodora reverie, rabi-ribi

I heard some faggot in another thread say that Gebel and OD are the same character but split into two like Vergil and V in DMC5, is that true?

learn her moveset and then you hit her until she dies

No.

How many people from the original DS games team worked on this? Gameplay feels extremely similar to those, stuff like player/enemy screams is just on point.

>it’s not too easy!!! i’m playing one-handed on the hardest difficulty and only picking up every other item drop and it’s really challenging!

We never saw Dominique die. I also heard something about being able to see Zangetsu in the final boss area if you equip the Eye of Horus, but he didn't show up for me

no are you retarded?

Get an emulator and play SotN. Or you can get a GBA/DS emu and play the handheld Igavanias.

Miriam is CUTE wish there were more colors for her dresses

Attached: miriam blonde.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

timespinners has nice artwork and sprites but the game is aggressively mediocre. plus the whole time travel gimmick isnt really used all that much, its just basically alternate versions of the same zones without much in terms of changing things between time periods

His model doesn't properly despawn, you can see it if you have the 21:9 hack AND combine with Eye of Horus.
Classic case of widescreen hacks exposing shit that you're not meant to see.
tl;dr just a bug

It's as good as the Igavanias because it IS one.

If you're looking for actual classing Castlevania, they made a Bloodstained version of that too. It's a lot like Cv3.

Attached: th (2).jpg (474x266, 26K)

>if you shoot a water jet at a fish you won’t kill it
>if you throw a bigger rock at a stone you won’t break it
Nigger this isn’t Pokémon just because something lives in the water doesn’t mean it has to be resistant to a weaponized version of it.

Not retro.

Symphony of the Night remake when?

Timespinner was a game I was absolutely looking forward to then it became sjw trash when Silverstring Media became the writing staff

I work a lot, I make a lot, and I really enjoy my job. I don’t have time and it’s a waste of money to just buy up games I’m not going to enjoy.

rabi ribi if you're not a casual shitter

It's called Bloodstained. Literally everything about it is practically SOTN. But in all seriousness if they do remake it it will probably 2.5d and I don't think you'd want that. Instead ask for more ports.

No I ain't retarded, I was just verifying what I already assumed was a bullshit shitpost.

The Game gets good once you enter the Castle
And then its basically the best in its genre

Simlar doesn't mean exac same retard. They sound too much alike but not exactly alike. That is a problem as it doesn't sound unique

play curse of the moon again

Nightmare mode. Good fucking luck.

Pirated this, is this a good game?

this is my first Iga game do i just play the castlevanias in order after this?

>ain't

Attached: 1507582917331.png (300x300, 9K)

yes

Guys please, I am blind, I've been looking at a 100% map for an hour but I just can't see that last 0.1%

Attached: ffffffffff.png (1920x1080, 2.58M)

play SotN and OoE

This game is basically just a better version of Aria/Dawn tbqh

uhhh no thanks. i’ll wait for sotn remake.

I'm sure Dominique will return as a bad guy, and Zangetsu too since Haruko's power was dimensional teleportation so he probably wound up somewhere else. Would be a waste otherwise.
Gebel dying came out of left field and it felt like Miriam's alchemist orbiter was gona fix him, but he's just straight up dead? I fee like he did nothing and died too soon.

>Konami announce SOTN remaster.
>Give you a cinematic.
>Pachinko.

FUCK.

Attached: 1529817588503.jpg (546x422, 20K)

Why not just overlay it in photoshop against a 100% one so you can just toggle layer on/off to spot the missing room?

>music has the same style she has with oddballs like Bibliotecha ex Machina
>hurr she's using her same style
>forgotten Jade sounds anything like anything else
I actually love this episode on this website however so please continue to talk about music theory. I haven't had a good laugh in ages

Rabi Ribi is the only other metroidvania that's come out in awhile that I've fallen in love with, so knock yourself out with that

Attached: 4yzG8Kw.png (504x368, 16K)

I'm waiting for a game in this genre with that fake wapanese jazz shit that was popular last decade. I think that would be an interesting art style.
youtube.com/watch?v=SLqw9IB110s&list=PLp9pMQuL6L_0_bzrxez2_JHYjLly5J1gH

Bloodstained is more of a DOS remake instead of a SOTN remake. I would love if it had actual unique weapons like this.

Attached: daybreak.gif (350x284, 1.3M)

lmao get a load of this fool that's only played on normal mode.

>wanting anything from current konami
>two lazies ports down
>so re-release of M2's Adventure Rebirth so there's literally no way to buy it legitimately now
>giving that company money with how shitty and lazy they've become with the IP
You're insane but don't change a thing about yourself

Give me one reason not to use a trainer this game is not fun when it's hard

Yes, the obligatory mandatory ones:
Symphony of the Night (PSX/PSP/Vita)
Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
Portrait of Ruin (DS)
Order of Ecclesia (DS)

Still IGA but lower quality:
Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)

Not IGA but still Metroidvania:
Circle of the Moon (GBA)

I like how you can skip going on the train until after the Alfred fight.

All of Iga's games since AoS were so beyond belief linear that idk how they even qualified as metroidvanias.

Yea Forumsermin cannot into music, more news at 11

I'm sure Dominique will return as a bad guy, and Zangetsu too since Haruko's power was dimensional teleportation so he probably wound up somewhere else. Would be a waste otherwise.
Gebel dying came out of left field and it felt like Miriam's alchemist orbiter was gona fix him, but he's just straight up dead? I fee like he did nothing and died too soon.

Bloodstained 2 predictions
>Dominique becomes the recurring antagonist ala Dracula
>Zangetsu is too badass to die and manages to escape Gremory's trap
>Gebel stays dead, but will have some kind of way to have his spirit communicate with Miriam for plot-reasons (like Albus from OoE)

Nightmare is harder than any classic Castlevania game. Hard has a more similar.

Up to the first zangetsu fight, its okay so far although I can't help but feel like the lagtime in this game is usually high. Maybe I don't have the hang of the cancels down yet but Aria and the others felt way faster.

The game is fucking easy. Are you missing a hand?

There is no reason to play Dawn of Sorrow anymore. Both Aria and Bloodstained are better renditions of the same concept

Zangetsu is a little bitch. He was much cooler in CoTN.

I just want my wife Bloodless to come back as a recurrent and playable boss.

Attached: Cumstained.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

I stopped replaying Dawn because I got fucking tired of needing to grind 1% drop rate souls just to upgrade my weapon.

Looks like it might be on the boat

Attached: missing spots.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

It has SotN physics which was noticeably more "floaty" than the GBA and DS games.
It's one thing that I always liked about Aria+ with how much more "snappy" the physics were.
HoD on GBA still has the same floaty feel of SotN since it's basically an asset flip of SotN with Belmont protagonist and CotM was made by entirely different team and plays different from any of the IGA ones so I don't count it.

Dawn of Sorrow should be experienced at least once, especially for that turbochad Julius mode.

I like how O.D. is literally donut steele colors alucard

Sorry to break it to you but Dominique is the third playable character, not Bloodless. I don't know why some niggers are spreading this false rumor.

He's just a palette swap of Alucard, yeah.

Bloodless will probably be the Boss Revenge mode character though. She got marketed way too much to not be.

hey, fuck you, circle of the moon was solid and hard

That hasn't been true thus far. There hasn't be a single instance where I've dealt with a tax like my first time through 7-05 30(?) years ago in cv3
>guns exist and are outrageous
>Grade 9 dullahan heads are available to you before you even get to the first boss

There's also an inverse difficulty curve where the game pretty much sits right the fuck down after you beat Zangetsu 1.Nothing else can one or two shot you at that point, alkahest farming opens up which allows you to get 2-3 dragon eggs early and eat good recipes early as shit on. I think it'd be really hard if you did a no upgrade run but at that point you might as well apply conditionals and do a no sub weapon trevor only run in cv3, which would still be harder.

I'm looking forward to OD on nightmare though. I'm almost there.

It might be a bug but for Ambivalence (light/dark whip) I’ve found if you start your attack animation while descending from a jump, your attack starts instantly without the short windup animation. If you short hop correctly you can attack as fast as a rapier. Anyone else experience this?

Show me where I said it's a bad game you dumb nigger.
I said I'm not comparing it because it's drastically different from any of IGAvanias and made by different people.

>Bloodless will probably be the Boss Revenge mode character though.
the what?
Also there's apprently online co-op still happening so maybe we'll get more characters down the road.

Its very strange how HoD is the only Igavania to star a Belmont. I can't help but wonder why they kept making OCs to be the protagonists after SotN

The game gets easier after Zan sure, but I never really felt like I had any survivability. It was glass cannon builds all the way down.

honestly, it felt the most similar to bloodstained, similar difficulty

Boss Revenge is not the same thing as proper playable characters though.

It was part of the Kikescammer stretch goals, some mode where you can replay boss fights but you control the bosses.

>no much music
>you can stand still on 70% of the bosses and dps them down at any level

Yeah it was the last stretch goal.

There's going to be a mode where you play as some bosses and go murder the main cast.

I see it as a "remake" that's a blender of all of them,
>Fake out Richter ending
>Friend becoming lord of the castle
>Old man who raised you is an enemy
>Demons must die man
>Someone who loses faith in God and becomes evil
It's pretty nice desu I love it. I hope the sequel has references too.

Thank you! I finally got it.

Attached: nice.jpg (493x41, 11K)

I think the reason for OCs was because of how different they could be.
With Belmont you're always going to be stuck with a whipnigger which limits the gameplay and Julius mode in AoS and DoS basically confirms this.
I'm glad they had different, varied protagonists that had different mechanics.

>It was part of the Kikescammer stretch goals, some mode where you can replay boss fights but you control the bosses.
If that's true and we actually get it, then that means we'd probably get playable Gebel, and old man as well.

All bosses are going to be playable in Boss Revenge user. How do we know Dominique is the third playable btw? I tried looking in the files and found nothing. Plus she ain't even a fighter. If anything we'll get Alfred.

CotM only felt difficult because of the really weird physics and design it has. I have a hard time going back to that game just because it's just painful on the eyes to watch the screen scroll up and down every single time you jump, regardless of whether there's a need for the game to do that or not

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Attached: nice_geemu.jpg (953x375, 36K)

>There's going to be a mode where you play as some bosses and go murder the main cast.
Are we sure that's not just BIG TIDDY GOTH DOMINIQUE MODE

what was the reason they gave for releasing the switch version a week later?

Was in the big datamine from last year that spoiled everything

>all these secrets
>the Castlevania references everywhere
>physics are almost a 1:1 recreation
It's so good bros, why don't we get games like this anymore

Attached: 1497402516053.jpg (400x388, 38K)

She learns how to become a Shardbinder herself.

so whats the deal with the room with the cat picture and the egg that plays music?
I can sit on one of the chairs and the chair across me slowly materializes what looks to be a ghostly clone of myself.
is there anything else to this room?

also, whats the deal with that huge Two Face looking painting with that one eye that follows you?

Bloodstained is not a bad game. But it's blatantly unfinished.
The last 40% of the map is an ABSOLUTE FUCKING GARBAGE. Anything starting with underwater segment is just horrendously badly designed and poorly integrated into the game world. Den of Behemoths gave me a slight hope for the final level but then that linear, atrocious ice fuckfest comes and shatters all illusions of having an interesting endgame level.
Spell diversity is somehow extremely bad despite the number of souls in the game. Most of the souls are repetitive beyond belief. I'm fairly sure Aria and Dawn both had more diverse and interesting abilities that had synergy between themselves like the cool archer abilities in DoS.
Weapon skills is a really neat idea but honestly, getting good at inputting them reliably is just not worth it save for a few katana abilities, namely the parry and iai. There's no reason to use most of them instead of just spamming chisel or hellhound soul. They aren't even as stylish and cool as most unique Alucard weapon abilities.
Bosses are extremely uneven. There are some solid humanoids that approach Julius (Zangetsu 2, Bloodless) but all demonic bosses save for Bael are trash, nowhere nearly as unique and stylish as minor bosses in previous Castlevania games. Bael himself is extremely cool visually though.

I do wish Iga to make more games though. But he should clearly reach some more competent developers. There is some actual love and care put into Bloodstained but it's extremely obvious that the game had huge problems with development.

Attached: 1533950267342.gif (250x341, 2.88M)

>How do we know Dominique is the third playable btw? I tried looking in the files and found nothing.
You didn't look hard enough then, I already deleted the unpacked data but look for one of the table files for player characters.
It has entries for Zangetsu and Dominique (shortened as Dominic_XXXX where XXXX is the animation name).

mobile IP range ban is just for making threads. You should still be able to post actually. It's weird.

because of zoomers

Now THIS is a true gamer.

Boss Revenge is not proper playable characters you fucking niggeroid, they are only usable in their own locked boss room and can't actually explore the castle and shit.

There's way too many options to break the game depending on how much or how little you want to farm. Like you'll still die quick sure but everything else dies just as quick. Datalion (or w/e the book is called), Dullahan head, Buer are all trivializing companions.

Guns exist and obsidian is really easy to farm so you can break the game off its ass before you even fight your third boss with a gun centric miriam. The fireball only takes gunpowder to go up and cannon scraps are easy to farm so you can sling instant kill nukes at everything in the hallway leading to the castle.

About the only thing that's hard after Zangetsu is farming pickpocket early on as those monkeys can just kill you and the platforming sections where fucking up twice will just kill you.

Everything else is/has been pants on head easy after zan 1. And zan 1 was only a problem because he could one shot me with his overhead. Which if I wanted to I'm pretty sure I could have just got some forneus fillet, broke down the quest food for some onions sauce, and trivalized him too.

Certainly nothing is as hard as a players first run through cv3. Or hell even their first run on the non b/c routes in cv3. It's not easy. But it's harder than SotN, AoD, PoR, and I guess CotM and that's good enough. Easier than Crazy mode in Curse of Darkness though.

I'm hoping that Chaos mode adds some spice like Crazy mode where a zombie can just shuffle into you, puke on your feet and you'll just die. I'm holding off on getting the plat with those hopes in mind.

>he doesn't know

The much worse visuals and framerate, they didn't want footage from Switch version to damage sales.
Same reason why MK11 didn't have any Switch footage in trailers and whatnot to not damage sales.

>Weapon skills is a really neat idea but honestly, getting good at inputting them reliably is just not worth it save for a few katana abilities, namely the parry and iai. There's no reason to use most of them instead of just spamming chisel or hellhound soul. They aren't even as stylish and cool as most unique Alucard weapon abilities.

they're definitely poorly balanced but they're fun as fuck to use and I don't have any problems inputting them I guess because I play fighting games

Attack the floor.

obviously not which is why im asking.
im guessing you dont know either and just wanted to reply with a shitpost meme

How do we know this?

>is there anything else to this room?
See >also, whats the deal with that huge Two Face looking painting with that one eye that follows you?
It's just there to spook you, no function to it.

>start game
>find some dress on the ship
>equip it
>dress on the character doesn't change
Shit game

Kinda boring desu. Plus with Zangetsu allegedly getting a story ala Julius Mode style what will they do with Dominique?

I wish you could hide the hats. Some are alright, but I wanna equip the one with the best stats at all times

Attached: 20190622195835_1.jpg (1920x1080, 433K)

What happens?

That's prob gonna be in the first major update.

Post-game scenario where she's fighting through Hell to gather more power as she craves revenge on Miriam and the world.

That's not true. Konami didn't let Iga make more of these. Which admittedly they were budget titles but OoE proved you could make shit work with no investment. After being shut in a cupboard for ages Iga left Konami, took the musicians with him and went to work on Bloodstained.

I'll be frank. I expected the game to sound shitty, play shitty, and look shitty. I backed it because I wanted to see just what he could do on his own with worldwide support and because Unsung Story looked like a trap and I was still in the giving mood.

So I guess I'm pleasantly surprised that I can play the game and still be thinking about it every day. What a shockingly good game.

Secret room

>the way they kill Zangetsu
This was the lamest fucking shit i've seen ever coming from Iga

Attached: 1555194557525.jpg (417x480, 64K)

do you remember where you got that hairstyle?

While I agree, playing through PoR the past month has reminded me the map was kinda shit. Gameplay is still good, but the lack of good layout with unique areas hurts that game a lot.

Use the eye of horus during the ending.

I hope an update allows outfits to change when equipped (with the option to turn it off in case you would rather stick with the normal dress).

Doesn't work on its own. You have to hack the game to ultra-widescreen to see it.

But yeah, Zangetsu will be back.

Not him, but its a quest reward. Probably from grandma or the kill those murderers dead woman.

Isn't Inferno Breath a bit too overpowered? I even feel bad cheesing the bosses with it, they don't stand a chance.

Attached: 1559165146761.png (450x416, 177K)

Eye of Horus user. Use it when you fight the final boss.

screenshot please?

You've confused it user.
Zangetsu is the DoS style Julius Mode character where he has some story.
Dominique just gets a story-less gameplay, similar to Sisters Mode from PoR and Albus Mode from OoE.

>made the ice whip just before entering the lava area
Its a good feeling.

Wait until chisel.

wait till you max out 8-bit fireball

Shanoa looks much better than this shitty character.

>Isn't INSERT SHARD HERE a bit too overpowered?
Yes

Kill yourself, I ain't spoonfeeding you any more

>what will they do with Dominique?
she's the boss revenge mode probably.
where's teat room again? I forget where it was after i couldn't find anything.

Sisters Mode had a story, dumbass. It shows Eric's daughters trying to find him only to end with his death and their vampirization.

ok. ill have to double check that then. thanks

Anyone else finds the last third of the game less fun? The maps are less intuitive, enemy variety is just reskins, it feels rushed. The cutoff point for me was the underwater area, with the Oriental lab being a breath of fresh air.

>y-you don't actually like this game! You like my dead irrelevant game instead!

Imagine seething this much

He's probably fine, the boss who "kills" him did so by teleporting his ass, he's probably confused as hell somewhere else in the world, or in hell.

I hate OoE. So much of it is hallway of 1-2 enemy types, copy pasted ten times over.

It's an absolute dumpster fire, not just less fun. All the last levels except for den of behemots are just reskins and the den is just a garden where everything is bigger.

SoTN is perfect already.
Why would you want a remake?

where the fuck is the fifth hairstyle manual its the only one im missing

>eye of horus
the what?

Why are you lying?
It only has throwaway intro dialogue and ending mini dialogue, it hardly counts.

Kill the murderers dead!

the vast majority of the shards are a bit too overpowered.
ive been using Tis Rozain as my main choice of attacking ever since i got it.
its that light laser beam that barely uses any MP.
im sure theres something better than it but its working out for me

I know I killed every boss with Summon Chair
Most based shard in the game

It's still more story than most alt-character modes got.

What accessories are between sunglasses and gauge glasses and between ring and safe ring? Where do they drop? Only ones I'm missing

I do too, but Albus was fucking baller in that, I jsut want to play him in a modern iga vania game. Fucking kung fu moves screaming about bullets and kicking fire and giant moon sized gunshots everywhere.

Why would they do a story for one but not the other? they'd probably asspull something.

Wait there are no alternate costumes?

Somebody mod this girl some panties.

Albus should've been the MC. His skillset is incomparably better than Shanoa's

True enough I guess, but my point was that it's not a "proper" one.
Julius Mode in DoS is the closest we ever got to a proper alt character mode and Zangetsu is supposed to be like that.
Dominique will just be like SotN Richter, AoS Julius and OoE Albus.

>All people dead are Castlevania devs
What did Iga mean by this?

Because you're clearly a zoomer newfag that knows nothing about Castlevania games.

I'm still salty he wasn't playable in HoD, and that that never came to pc and I have to play an unofficial fan made unity version of it with added characters to get a fucking pc version.

What happens when you use it?, i only beat the game yesterday but will wait for zangetsu

Those are thick glasses and necklace. I think both are sold at the shop

I don't like it, but I'll still take it over
>The exact same castle but upside down lmao
or
>Go through the same four paintings, but this time they have a different color pallette
or
>Look at this area cobbled together from all the other areas in the game with a grey filter and a swirly background

Damn, why do so many Castlevania games have a shit ending area?

Too bad the sword doesn't sing.

Attached: 20190622053825_1.jpg (1920x1080, 443K)

PARTICLE SHOT
MAX SHOT

He would have been nerfed to shit, the ability to teleport by itself is insanely broken on top of being the most OP bonus character in a Castlevania ever.

Den of Behemots made me laugh once the penny finally dropped and I realized it was just the Garden of Silence but everything is big. I was surprise the Glacial Tomb was the final area, usually ice areas are just another checklist on the way to the end of the journey, but in this case it didn't even feel like a particularly nice ice area, it was just a random ice cave they decided to end it on because the money and/or time ran out at this exact point. I feel like they should have at least hidden another area in the Hall of Termination and you had to backtrack to it and use the dimensional shift to get there, since at least the hall is fancy final area, while the room you fight the final boss first phase is eh.

Attached: Whatever2.jpg (460x645, 82K)

There's nothing wrong with the second one

Up in the crows nest of the ship.

One chest item changes her costume a little.

Ice area coming last is a reference to the last circle of hell.

Bumping this question.

>A little

I expected more with a female MC. Oh well.

Inverted castle was amazing though. Inversion made the entire level structure feel fresh again and it was populated by some new gimmicks and enemies, giving you enough time to play with all your tools.
And at least Chaotic Realm was one level. Last 40% of Bloodstained are Chaotic Realm. And even Chaotic Realm itself actually had its own creepy atmosphere.

Got a full technique list anyone?

user. I've played them all. Who says they need to emulate them 100%? Nothing.

lmao fuck you it was garbage with zero sense of progression and a whole one worthwhile boss.. The best part is that most ledges were just barely out of reach for a double jump.

I want the heads to sing, all over each other.

Any tips for someone who started playing the game just now?

Dude we're talking about Bloodstained not Castelvania. They brought in a lot of newfag fans and they'd be pretty mad if they do it that way.

>I want to kill all
>slash
>cut
>kill
>everything
>RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHH

>that basic as fuck game over screen

And I thought Iga knew all the nice quirks of his games, but he forgot one

Get the shards from a poltergeist and a barbatos, and the rest of the game will be a cakewalk.

name your file NIGHTMARE and play on hard

>tfw tried gun build
jesus, did anyone even test it?

Attached: gun.jpg (600x900, 60K)

just waiting for the retarded TORtanic threads for this game to die down so we can have some nice threads. i've been enjoying it

>we breath air so tornados must not hurt us

Which tomes did you guys pick? I feel like its between either the LUCK one or the faster attacks one. But LUCK would probably be more beneficial in the long run.

Make sure to kill those murderers dead

>tons of shards
>but most are samey as fuck
>no unique synergies like pic related

Attached: 1558551063517.png (947x770, 118K)

Glad to see I am not the only one plugging monsters with arrows. That spell is so low cost and high damage. And the books keep you safe from anything that dashes into you.

I couldn't do it. It's too shit. Guns shoot too slowly to be effective. I'll stick to whips, thanks.

When I could pick one, Luck.
When I could pick two, Luck and Movement Speed
When I could pick three, Luck, Movement Speed and More Luck

Why not both? You can take up to 3.

The flame pillars you get from the cat just casually breaks the game
All of these and more are fixed in Nightmare.

>Guns shoot too slowly
If you need more than one shot per enemy, you are doing it wrong
Also there's a rapid fire technique

THAT WAS AN ORDER!

Attached: alfred.jpg (700x1100, 77K)

definitely luck first.
eventually you will be able to chose up to 3 different books

Put to rest the devs, put to rest the Belmont legacy. It's a pretty obvious love letter and a good bye as the players metaphorically avenge the murder of Castlevania.

I did not expect how OP guns get once you have the recycle hat. Getting boss medals takes no effort with it

I just spent two minutes attacking the floor in there and nothing happened. Thanks.

The game is aimed pretty much exclusively as original CV fans though, any zoomer that latches on to this is just bonus for them.
I guarantee you that there won't be an expansive story mode for Chadgetsu let alone any kind of story mode for Dominatrixe

Is the grandma supposed to be Michiru Yamane and we are supposed to feed her? I hope so

With the absolutely pitiful Boss Rush mode we got I have low expectations for the rest of the modes.

Rapidfire sucks as a raw technique. Gun is obscenely powerful though. It takes 20 mp to start rapidfire and you get an instant shot when you trigger it for only 5 mp. Shoot-rapidfire, back hop jump shot, land shoot-rapidfire repeat

Will just eviscerate literally everything. When you get the gunslinger hat, don't use that with normal ammo but just the default shots using the book familiar and now you shit out damage at max range and nothing can get close to you. I actually rewinded a save by an entire boss fight because I turned bloodless into a pin cushion.

Wait, why do you think that?

Boss Rush has gotten shittier and shittier with each one but if I'm going to be honest, I only ever did Boss Rush for the rewards.

Because Michiru is also elderly. She's like 55 years old.

You're welcome :D

Same but now there aren't even any interesting rewards.

Just more meme coins for the backer weapons.

HOW DARE YOU

The game needed like 4 more areas,

Artists gallery, move all the backer photoes here and teh chisel boss as well. Have a new boss here

Arena, seriously how was there no fucking arena. Preferably somewhere in the middle so Gebel can have a scene with Miriam, feels like they had no interaction at all. have another co-op with Zangetsu here for the boss.

Town, just make the village bigger and have a boss here too before you hit the castle with some more villagers to rescue

Prison, another area I'm surprsied they didn't have, stick a morgue in here for good measure and your'e good.

Outside of the desert area being too short and samey I really liked this game.

>not picking DPS as your first book
PLEASE

Its fun and really damn good but I hope they patch some of the jank out. It crashed on me after I read some shit in the library and the camera spazes out after a few of the bosses (Twin Dragons and train bro). The bosses in general are pretty lackluster but I am playing on normal so I just need to accept that you get OP too easy in that mode.

Hollow knight is cheap and the best one released so far.

pretty sure the grandma is nobody but her request is an amalgamation of the casts favorite foods.

Valdis Story Abyssal City. Favorite one outside of the castlevania series.

Whats the katana people use in those combo gifs? I thought it would be the Zangetsuo, but now that I have it, it only has a parry.

Hollow knight is hipster trash for the same people that liked Fez.

>Outside of the desert area being too short and samey I really liked this game.
Thats how I felt about the science lab after the train, there was a lot of potential for an area like that (especially considering the plot of the fucking game with alchemists doing wacky shit with human experiments) but instead it was just a few rooms of frogs.

I picked familiar boost just because with 5 Dullahammer heads its absolutely apeshit damage.

>Castle full to the brim with portraits of basedboys
I don't get it, Yea Forums. How is that anything but terrorific?

>I guarantee you that there won't be an expansive story mode for Chadgetsu let alone any kind of story mode for Dominatrixe
I only think the opposite because Angel was being coy about it when asked if the character mods will have story. If it won't it's not something that's really worth hiding.

Odallus the dark call
monster boy and the cursed kingdom
Hollow knight

Aria of Sorrow got closest, but was genuinly lacking in the mystery and depth that Symphony of the Night had. Even though I've been through that game 40+ times now, I STILL feel like there are things and interactions that I have yet to see. Aria doesn't really have that at all.

Portrait is great, B+ at minimum, but it's definitely no SotN. The boss fights were way, way better though. Especially the final broteam.

EVEN FORGET IT

it was a good area, but it felt liek the secret lab and the OTHER secret lab that isn't asia was split in two. Sorta like how the underground cavern and the water area feel like the same area, but there's a lava stage inbetween them.

Isn't the castle summoned from hell?

It does have a few other moves

What the fuck, do I have to kill 2 bosses in the Dominique boss fight?

If you master a technique on one weapon you can use it on every other weapon of the same type.

yes

hollow knight is overrated garbage
what kind of mentally ill retard likes it when simply hitting an enemy gives you fucking knockback? have fun hitting shit when jumping up platforms or running after drops that spill fucking everywhere in large vertical rooms
and the artstyle is complete shit, I dropped that shit game so fast

Do I need to play the CV3 throwback game to get more of this? Like I was curious on the creature that was the source of the blood pool in the entrance, was it a boss in curse of the moon?

There's a badge that removes the knockback. Frankly I enjoyed my time with hollowknight, but it's not the game I'd probably go revisit again Just me though.

>The bosses in general are pretty lackluster but I am playing on normal so I just need to accept that you get OP too easy in that mode.
sounds like igavania norm really.

>salty newfag mad at games
lmao

No. That game has no connection to this one beyond shared characters.

I just beat the hyper speed demon and got a new ability with the shiny surface thing. How do i do it?

so what was the thing in the blood pool

My favorite part is how everybody fawns over the art style like it's good.

Motherfuckers it's just blurry ass backgrounds and mostly stationary enemy/character models. There's a reason why a third of the enemies are just floating dudes that barely wiggle, and another third are just giant torsos with tiny little stick limbs that barely animate.

>>not retro
Who cares? You're posting on Yea Forums, not on /vr/.

I did as well. But not going again. Also the backgrounds were great but I didnt really enjoy the character style.

It’s not your fault when your cellphone gets range banned.

What happens is everyone in a local area shares a mobile tower, and if one person does something ban worthy on that tower, all phone users get banned on that tower.

Some other user was probably being an idiot and now you are paying for it. Had the same problem, when I do laundry at the laundromat I have nothing to do so I phone post, but some moron in my area was spamming furry porn on every board and got banned basically everywhere. It is disturbing to know even in my small nowhere town there are fur degenerates.

Fish tits and most bosses that aren't master hand are pretty good shit on Nightmare. Hard starts out nice but gets too strong as you level up. Nightmare fixes that by just removing the level ups so the difficulty progression still feels like you're getting more powerful, but in a good way.

It's a directional aiming ability.

You should get Bloodstained. Alternately get:

>Hollow Knight (you know its good because it makes shitposters butthurt)
>Rabi Ribi
>Environmental Station Alpha
>Momodora
Those are all pretty cheap.

Attached: 20190618013504.webm (900x506, 2.85M)

>Still an easy game of course, because of things like healing potions and level ups
Then why not play on nightmare?

Fuck, the strategy I was using makes me use all my potions to defeat Dominique, guess I'll have to bring some food too

what, how do you master techniques? I thought you could only do that with passive shards by maxing them out

plz help
I can't fucking find the last room.

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping_2019-06-22_13-36-48.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

The red shard where you call lightning down (basically Pikachu's down B in smash) is incredibly strong as well against virtually everything I've gone up against.

Is the Inferno Cave supposed to look like shit? I thought it was just because I run the game at low settings, but even in other people's videos the textures look weird.

How about using busted guns for a strategy?

Or you could just git gud.

Attached: m42069.jpg (1160x1772, 474K)

how do you even get him to spawn? i had 3 books of his borrowed, including goodly luck one, went to the last area and the room was empty. i could see boss doors on the ground and ceiling, but they were open. do i need to do something else? wait longer, borrow more books or what?

This has to be a joke. This is like the Yea Forums cliche.
>I'm bad at a game and don't understand its mechanics, I'll drop it in the first area and talk about how bad it is!
You can get rid of knockback and collect geo easily with early game badges if you wish. What an assload of fuck.

Everyone is laughing at your impotent rage, underageb&

Attached: 1532894179384.jpg (357x312, 29K)

check techniques tab in archives
you just hit/kill enemies until the bar is full

Bloodstained, Touhou, Momodora, Valdis Story

Salt and Sanctuary is you want a Soulsavania

Learn new techniques for specific weapons using Street Fighter combos, use them to kill enemies until mastered, and then you can use them with any similar weapon.

At that point I just kicked Buer at her until she died. And then kicked Buer at the amalgamation of bullshit until it died.

Ok cool thanks

Lmao imagine needing to equip things for basic gameplay mechanics like seeing where you are on the map.

the thread was moved ya simp, look at the post numbers

guess this is what I get for skipping every piece of dialogue

Attached: kms.jpg (728x1000, 183K)

I tried using guns setup on her and it just doesn't work. She doesn't really have any openings and I can't block her stupid Sonic the hedgehog jump. Had to zap her with Tiis Rozaiin to bring her down

Some bosses have lines to taunt you though so thats nice

Bloodstained is going to get a "roguelike mode" and I can't help but assume the worst out of it. I'm guess it's going to have like 25 rooms that are arranged in a certain way with different demons and all of these rooms that you get randomly are going to feel fresh and original up until you've exhausted them all and they start repeating. I can't see it being any other way than that. 20XX is a sidescroller roguelike and, while I like it a lot, you start seeing repeated level designs after a few playthroughs.

But, I could be wrong. The Invert ability caught me by surprise. Leading up to it, I thought it was just going to be VVVVVV / MM5 Gravity Man's style of inverted gravity, I didn't think it would be "instant inverted castle" mode. The way they implemented that function is so COOL!

Also, Dracule can loan you a book that speeds up this process. It isn't available right away, though, and I don't know what the unlocking conditions are.

How late game is the IGA boss fight? I didn't fight Gebel yet.

>Or you could just git gud.
Never, I'll just do what I did to defeat nearly every boss until this point, glue to them and spam Inferno Breath while using HP and MP pots to keep me alive, it works well, just need lots of potions.

Attached: 1559627121188.jpg (472x482, 44K)

There's one book he warns you about when you borrow it. You need to borrow that one

This. If you think $39 is too much and you're too retarded to look at videos and reviews, then you've got way more problems than a video game on your plate.

It's the hardest fight in the game

there's a book that unlocks that is literally 3 books in one that you need

Pics or didn't happen

>SO RONG AS AI AM CARRER FER... I WEEL KEEP RESHURECTEENG!

just talked to him for the first time in a while and I can take out 3 more books now

Attached: IMG_20180104_120550.png (800x445, 476K)

Harder than OC Alucard?

What level were you guys for 8-bit overlord? This fucker has a shitload of health and craps damage. Might be too much for a level 25 character that isnt min-maxed to shit.

where on the map is the Iga boss fight? As somebody who doesn't own the DLC, I'd love to try glitching my way into the boss room and see if I can fight him without paying for it. I found one place in the game where I can clip out of bounds, so I'd love to see if I could get in there.

>be me
>get the photograph to board the train
>decide to grind out some Lili drops I needed for crafting
>decide to explore the train area
>CUTSCENE
>fuck
>FIVE MINUTES TO WHO KNOWS WHAT
>race like a madman to the end
>kill boss easily enough
>see a button prompt to board the train when faggot samurai leaves
>fuck it, get on
>beat the shit out of everything and grind for drops
>notice a prompt to sit on a chair by a window
>chill for a bit, maybe something will happen
>SPOOKY MONSTER
>wrecks me instantly
>GAME OVER :)
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 0613B4BC-B344-4250-9EE8-E48E3DBFD0F1.gif (387x283, 3.83M)

ye

He's in Gebel's room and doesn't appear until you take a specific kill quest from the murder-lady

hmmm maybe cheat engine could be used to force that quest to appear.

>the thread was moved ya simp
I didn't even know that was a thing that could happen on Yea Forums.

>But it's blatantly unfinished.
You lost me here. Post hidden; didn't read lol.

40 something. I went to the 8 bit dungeon after I finished the game

You should have saved, bro.

>Some other user was probably being an idiot and now you are paying for it. Had the same problem, when I do laundry at the laundromat I have nothing to do so I phone post, but some moron in my area was spamming furry porn on every board and got banned basically everywhere. It is disturbing to know even in my small nowhere town there are fur degenerates
It's worse here, somebody was posting cp in my area and got the place rangebanned. I live next to the jews though, so it's to be expected.

This game is definitely a pretty mediocre Metroidvania. I don't see any single point where it excels. Not even the music is that good.

>killed Gebel
>game over
So I guess this game has some weird requirements for a true ending, right? Because I have no fucking clue what to do, I've been through the entire castle one more time trying to find out what I might have missed and I don't know anything other than the underwater area. I assume there's more to do there but I don't know how the fuck to dive.

does it need to be unlocked? i'm not seeing any book like that.

If you like the previous Iga-vanias, you'll love Bloodstained.

Is corruption thing real or not?

explore everywhere that you haven't been on the map, if there are any open non-walled blank spots, go there. This game wants you to explore every nook and crany

>3. Just play Dark fucking Souls.
Not even the same type of game.

It's not.

Room layouts can be procedurally generated and platforming can be generated to an extent. What's going to make or break that mode isn't room amount but enemy pattern positioning and variation as well as taking advantage of angled geometry and how the stat/shard system works.

You can have 25 rooms as long as those 25 rooms have infinite amounts of enemy patterns and spice up boss presence. There's a lot of mean spirited shit they can do. And the base game has close to 1100 rooms they can lift directly as is and slam in to make it work if they go that route.

In short. It'd be extremely hard to fuck up by ROOM layout because the easiest laziest solution would be the best one. It is much more easier to fuck up pacing. So this will

>Not even the music is that good.
You niggers have zero taste.

Fucking fucks. I was holding myself back and not using shards that much the whole time

You need to either have beaten the penultimate boss or have like 99% map completion for the last book to be available

Did you know that you are made up of water, flesh and bones and, guess what, another person made up of the same component can kill you despite being the same? Crazy right?

Jinrai is so satisfying. Pretty good to evade while dealing dmg on some bossfights too

Attached: 4785786.png (1920x1080, 3.63M)

Finish the game first fuckface

Go find the water boy. There's a squid type thing that drops a shard that lets you swim(?) until you find the underwater upgrade proper.

Wiggly boy does not fuck around

Nice game but almost everything feels overpowered

where can you clip out of bounds? I loved glitching rooms in SOTN and want to see what we're in for in this game

Don't listen to that user. You get a bad end if you have too many shards on you. Even if you use some shards, make sure you sell them to me so it doesn't give you the bad end

Attached: file.png (780x1000, 936K)

>no Jiang-Shi outfit for Miriam

Attached: 1451008939733.jpg (714x469, 108K)

it's a great game , but i don't know why couldn't they make it 2d handdrawn artstyle? team cherry(hollow knight) could do it with 3 ppl working on it (2 work on graphics) and iga had a bigger team , also both games seem close in scope

Jesus Christ I feel like a total brainlet
>try blood steal a couple of times
>doesn't seem to do anything
>never think anything of it
>realize there's a downward entrance to the underwater area somewhere in the castle
>it's a blood fountain
>mfw environmental fucking interactions

I really like how the level design rewards jump kicking in this game like no Castlevania game before it
Also top notch weapon variety. What the game lacks in enemies and shards it definitely makes up for in weapons

Are Techniques worth bothering with? I tried a few and they were a complete waste of time/MP. Also going through the menus to check which I haven't unlocked and which weapons are required is tedious.

???
It's in the game, user

Attached: bloodless.jpg (1200x1287, 164K)

99.9% turd burglar. You still lost me lol. Miss me with your gay ass reply.

Dominique tells you about that one once you beat Bloodless.

Attached: kek.jpg (318x475, 26K)

I enjoyed it, it is basically a third, somewhat improved, Sorrow Game. So if you played Aria or Sorrow and/or Dawn of Sorrow you know what you expect, Minus Creaking Skull,Skellingtons and Zombies, cause China. and plus about 3000 portraits of NERDS cause Backers.

It definitly tries to evoke SotN but i don't think it is quite there. and unlike most i didn't give a shit about how it compared to it.

Blood steal is a legit item though. It's like soul steal from SotN, except you have to actually kill the enemy first

It snags blood from the enemies after you've damaged them. But if you're using fake weapons like whips and kicks, you won't make them bleed. Gotta use a sword.

Attached: chefmir.png (423x251, 137K)

i'll attempt to record a webm to recreate where I did it. If you don't hear back from it, I wasn't able to do it again.

I'll go ahead and tell you where I did it. It was in Livre Ex Machina, near where you visit O.D.'s library. To the right of O.D.'s library is a big room with a spike floor, one of those cannon dudes, and like 3 poltergeist books. Near the ceiling are some platforms you can stand on and there's a tiny little nook next to the ceiling. If you use Reflection Ray there, you can get teleported over the screen on the ceiling and walk there out of bounds.

Only for fun or for a challenge. Magic is way more busted in general than Strength.

Only the katana and the boots ones are worth learning.

Katana ones are pretty fun.

>Curse of the Moon is basically CV3 on steroids
It isn't nearly as good. I did like Curse of the Moon a lot, though. More than I've been enjoying Ritual of the Night so far.

They're fun. Critical whip is good. Rapidfire is good. 3 of the whip techniques are shitty. Greatsword techniques are good. Spear ones are kinda shitt.

They just don't see any play because magic is stronger.

To be fair I got stuck there yesterday and completely forgot what she said. I haven't found a way to cause her to repeat whatever she said either, and there doesn't seem to be an archive entry either.

>tfw bandit blade

Attached: teleports-behind-you-nothing-personal-kid-6482199.png (500x727, 214K)

Character swapping is instantaneous and allows for more variety like stacking Alfred's fire shield on other characters, so imo it plays better.

Why would you even want one? Remakes are cancer.

I was in the same situation. I just assumed I needed a swimming ability to get past it and forgot about it. Spent a long time running around until it clicked

It's closer to a better DARK METAMORPHOSIS than soul steal.

Can I keep playing after defeating the last boss or does the game end right there and I have to either start NG+ or load the last save before the boss?

Attached: 1472199356097.png (314x278, 129K)

>but i don't know why couldn't they make it 2d handdrawn artstyle?
Because that probably wasn't their vision.

Sorta. I guess it's a mix of both. Gotta cut like Dark Meta, but you do a screenwide absorb like Soul Steal

You just reload your save from the menu.

You go back to the last save point with medal if you beat it without taking damage.

Does equipping the Cutpurses Ring interfere with the drop rate boost of the Plunder ring, or will I get both money and items?

If you mean after Dominique, then there's nothing new after it. You can keep playing, but you'll be set before the final boss again.

I don't wanna bpother learning all the techs, but I guess I gotta to get stuff on my great axe. If you haven't get teh thunder god axe, it hits 3-4 times in a row or something nutty.

Feels pretty bad that they probably could have made another 5 curse of the moon type game with the money they wasted on Bloodstained.

What's the point of Bunny Morph?

How much different is the game on Hard? I'm just steamrolling the game currently.

Is that even possible?

Big meaty kicks

It's pretty strong when you get it, but like most shards it becomes pointless.

I have for Dominique, but I don't know about the second stage.

You can just make them with the alchemist guy

It is basically the most powerful boots in the game.

It just requires constant magic to use and even more if you use throwing items

Until you naturally regenerate MP at a faster rate than you use it.

>More IntiCreates-made bullshit that thinks screen-filling boss attacks is actual difficulty.

Nah, I'm good.

I haven’t explored everything yet, Den of Behemoths is almost untouched

It's literally the muscle wizard build.

Attached: muscle wizard loli.jpg (404x599, 52K)

When do you think they will release Zangetsu and Bloodless as playable characters?

I'm surprised none of the backer weapons have the katana type. Something like that was just begging for some weebery

Not him but, character swapping is one of the reasons the game is broken off of it's ass. On top of the not as good stage design, the de-emphasis on actual difficult enemy placement, and the de-emphasis on stairs. It has character swapping but none of the difficulty, approach philosophy, and stage design.

It's most fun when you're playing it like a fake ass Ninja Gaiden using full powered Zangetsu.

Not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but not as good as 3, and I think I'd play Rebirth, 1, 3, bloodlines, and 4 over going back to it unless I wanted to do more Zangetsu runs.

Zangetsu within a month, Bloodless never.

Enjoy your walking simulator then.

Anyone got one of them GoG downloads for the DLC backback?

Enjoy spending your weekend on Yea Forums shitposting.

There are certain shards that only seem collectable once or at least seem pointless to collect more than one (for instance the accelerator). Does it change anything to actually collect more of these? I'm being an idiot here and doing the same stupid race here over and over not thinking that maybe there's no reward for it.

I wish the backer weapons were implemented into the game in a more natural way

>want to use bunny
>takes the slot for sanic speed
eh

You can die early on from normal mooks but the game tapers off after Zangetsu. It's not even the same game if you play it on Nightmare however as your stunted MP growth means that a lot more shards see play until roughly justo ver halfway into the game when you learn to make the better drinks.

Raising Heart is literally in the game though.

How does one make money quick?

>Voyage of Promise
>Guitar starts playing midway through
Based. This is almost as good as Dracula's Castle. All we need is a slamjam version.

Collecting that shard multiple times probably increases the damage output of the Accelerator's aura

Millionaire or so I was told.

>sanic speed
Where do you get that shart? I've seen it being used but don't know where to get it.

kek not even close retard
A simple action rpg with different gear to acquire is not any vania or metroid

You can get the hat, face talisman and change her color blue though

Den of Behemoths. Find the ninja and win the race, just win the race.

you have to beat Ryu Hyabusa in the little big garden at the end of the game.

Curse of the Moon was a dogshit CV3 wannabe with shitty chip tune music to match.

Yes, you get two different medals.

What's the most broken weapon?

>shopkeepre is final boss
>shopkeeper powers up on the things you sold her that you shouldn't have

LMAO, what a ripoff from Luna Nights.

Please respond

Attached: 5B31693F-7BD6-4785-959F-A110AB953AEC.jpg (2000x3000, 398K)

Attached: Barcula.png (784x178, 181K)

Money is Power shard
Then sell all the shards you don't use to me

Attached: file.png (850x1308, 1.52M)

You don't even have to win. I got the shard after he beat me. I was just behind him though. Maybe the idea is just that you have to give him a hard enough race that he dies from getting worn out

needs pubes