Wtf? i thought sans was meant to be a good guy?

wtf? i thought sans was meant to be a good guy?

Attached: snas.png (810x454, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MYHXpdNqdGs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I’m still confused about what he meant by this honestly. Was Sans evil all along? Or was he literally just joking?

He said that he'd fuck your shit up and take your soul normally without the promise to stay his hand

But then why does he act so seemingly friendly throughout the game?

He acts friendly depending on your choices.

But no matter what(other than genocide), he still says this in the diner.

>own brother killed
>do nothing about it
what a fucking cuck

Why wouldn't he? He promised Toriel he wouldn't hurt you, being antagonistic to you when he has no intention of killing you would make no sense.

Sans is a very good and moral person who loves his autistic brother.

He just NEVER trusts the fallen human. Even in the good ending he NEVER trusts them. He is NEVER truly their friend because he knows they will likely reset over and over and become fucked in the head like Flowey did.

Attached: 1558344541187.jpg (242x191, 13K)

Sans power is karmic retribution so unless your doing genocide route, he honestly can't do shit to you.

If you treat him and his brother like shit he leaves and hates you. If you are nice to everyone he has no reason to hate you.
The promise just stopped you from insta death but it's not like it's a personal thing. Just doing his job

he wasn't joking, he was evil in the sense that he would've killed you just because there was a chance that you'd pose a threat, literally the only reason he didn't is because of toriel liking jokes but this is kind of morally grey- especially because in the genocide route he turned out to be right
why he tells you this who knows because all it does is make him look evil when he's been just memeing you so far
i also don't get why he let most of the main cast die before he fought you

what's the whole mirror thing? i know the text varies in each route but i don't know what the differences actually mean

>be the gate guard at the gate to the ruins
>your job is to kill or capture any human that comes through by orders of the King
>be friends with an old lady on the other side who begs you not to do that
>figure you'll listen to her because why not
>human comes through, let them go like promised
>later point out that it was your job to kill them and take their soul by order of the King
>now the idiot thinks you're evil for telling it like it is

Wrong he would have killed you just as you left the ruins like he is supposed to.

He is extremely moral, to the point that it is almost a weakness. He refuses to kill the player until they have killed literally every monster in the underground just because he made a promise he wouldn't.

He fucking watches you the entire game with contempt, wincing every time you kill or hurt a monster, holding himself back from fucking anhililating you.

He is completely honest with the player in this scene. If he had never made a promise to Toriel you would be dead already, right when you left the ruins.

Attached: 1559997144832.jpg (400x400, 34K)

he wants to kill you the entire time because hes aware of the timelines where you genocide

This. You all are literally over thinking it. We might as well be talking about eva at this point.

sans just stopped trusting humans.
my theory was that since sans realises to some degree that you can just restart at any point, he doesn’t bother fighting.
the only reason he tries to stop you from doing genocide is because it literally wipes everything and corrupts the story forever.
i have not played the game for so long though that i might be completely off.

Who said YOU were the good guy?

undertale is literally the only well written western game that came out since fuckin ion storm's deus ex

Sans is a garbage character. He could've used his dumb 4th-wall breaking humor to beat you in the genocide route. Instead, he needs to further accelerate this game's retarded "Meta" aspect by bringing up multiple timelines and time-cops or whatever. Not to mention his "I'm secretly depression" personality, which was only used to earn his massive fangirl army.

I find it really interesting that you think this.

Personally I found reading most of his lines through the lens of him actually secretly hating you and NEVER trusting you gives them a deeper meaning.

Yes there are some routes where the human is mostly amicable to him and his friends and he treats them in kind but he still knows that the human likely will reset everything so he still does not fully trust them ever.

Attached: 027.jpg (496x496, 154K)

The differences indicate whether or not Chara has taken over Frisk's body.

This has to do with Chara, the soul of the original human slowly taking over Frisk (who might actually just die from the fall to the underground).

It is debatable whether or not Chara is a morally good or bad character, as they might be swayed by the player's actions in the game. Chara might actually be the person who is speaking during the 'Check' prompts in the game.

You likely pick up Chara's soul from the flowers that Frisk falls into when they fall into the underground.

There is a YouTube video that explains this further: youtube.com/watch?v=MYHXpdNqdGs

Attached: 028.jpg (850x702, 154K)

Sans seems like he'd be too lazy to do proper guard duty, though he could be initially wanting to kill the human to prevent any chance of them completing a genocide run. That being said, deciding not to just because Toriel asked them to seems like a really shitty reason. I say he was just joking and wanted to scare the human onto the right path.

honestly, Sans should just have sex.

To jump off of your point, I personally do not think that Sans has the physical capability to perceive other timelines. He is just extremely smart and observant of his surroundings. Because of this he is able to surmise that the human has been experiencing other timelines that he was not a part of. He displays this ability when the player dies multiple times fighting him in the Genocide ending. He has to judge by the expression on the player's face and guess how many times they have reset time.

He is known to read physics textbooks for fun. I think at best he has some sort of method to track that other timelines exist, but he likely does not have the capability to see what is actually going on in those timelines. He mentions that he is able to detect that all timelines just end if the player completes the Genocide route, which is why he absolutely has to stop them.

If a corrupted Chara completely takes over the fallen human then all timelines are lost. And he is right. the player has to practically beg Chara to let them play through the game again, which Sans could never have predicted.

Sans undertale omg

>game where humans supposedly can reset a save if they're determined enough
>game never resets itself midplaythrough due to some other human in the world being more determined than you
Explain this

All the other humans are dead.

Sans is lazy because, yes, he is depressed.

The knowledge that he has of other timelines existing depresses him. He knows that his timeline likely does not matter since the human will probably reset it and end his existence in that timeline. There is also nothing he can do to stop this, even killing the human will not stop them from resetting.

He has a speech about this during his boss fight. He expresses that he is depressed because he knows that no matter what happens good or bad in the current timeline the human could just reset everything on a whim. He is reaching the edges of the fact that he exists in a video game completely controlled by this fallen human, but can't quite reach the edges of his reality.

Sans is a fantastically written character that has multiple legitimate interpretations. He is also a character the would really only work in the setting of a video game.

Attached: 052.gif (500x384, 95K)

>He could've used his dumb 4th-wall breaking humor to beat you in the genocide route.
Blatantly cheating is his entire shtick in his bossfight. You only beat him because you cheat right back by dragging the combat box.

Save and Reset only work in the Underground

It is unclear if ALL humans have the ability to reset time.

There is some sort of special relationship between the actual person playing the game and the world itself that is not entirely expressed. It is clear that the red heart is the expression of the player's agency in the game world that is able to interact in some way. Frisk might actually die when they fall and the player possesses their body using the red soul. The player's influence may be the thing that grants the time traveling abilities.

I suspect that DELTARUNE is going to flesh this out further with the direct conversation with the player designing an avatar at the beginning.

An alternate explanation could be that the monsters have been confined to the underground. Humans may need to interact with monsters to gain the time traveling abilities. This is hinted at in waterfall with the history of wars between humans and monsters. Humans seem to gain abilities from killing or interacting with monsters. These abilities have since been lost when the monsters were banished to the underground.

Attached: 031.jpg (1024x575, 47K)

why are you confused?
that faggot's job is to guard the perimeter around snowdin but he gets a boner for goatlady and therefore didn't megalovania you immediately.

Did you even play the game? It works everywhere. You can load save and reset after leaving the underground and it's reason why Sans doesn't care about destroying the barrier.

I wish Undertale had more Shota Asriel in it

Attached: 1541425610405.png (457x364, 95K)