Underlords

This is so incredibly boring. Jesus...
Literally one of the most boring games I have ever played.

People play this, but quickly gave the finger to Artifact?

Attached: 90[1].jpg (760x428, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

criticalhit.net/gaming/dota-2-vs-league-legends-updating-numbers/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the same...kind of game? I mean, I know it's not, but it's in the same kind of headspace. Scratches the same kind of itch.
And it doesn't charge out the ass to play, so a win on most fronts, really

I don't understand the appeal to any of these auto chess games... they remind me of shitty mobile games and I feel like someone is paying fake actors to make these games seem successful. It's like only the mega autistic play them and they want them to be mainstream.

i won't touch this shit until they update artifact.

fuck valve, i'd rather play Riot shit.

The core gameplay is really boring, but, for some reason, the act of obtaining the heroes is rewarding, this game would work much better as SP game with DW1 order system.

Chinks love it for some reason

HI EPIC SHILLS!

I kind of get the impression it appeals to the same crowd that liked those clicker games

It's got a lot in common with Mahjong, actually. I think that's why

>never played this
>get my shit stomped first match
>win 1st place after
>3rd after that

I think ive seen the whole game in three matches

Hate what they did to the art style, ironically enough, it looks like a cheap lol copy

Cope

then don't play it you dummy

thats dota for ya

>get a perfect victory
>rank goes down by 2

Attached: 20190621153550_1.jpg (1600x900, 108K)

>a game that requires as much, if not more, strategic thinking than Chess

>a game where HEHE PRETTY LIGHTS AND NOISES MAKE ME FUZZY LOOK MY LITTLE MANS WON THE GAME!!! xD

Yeah, guess which one is more popular.

>a game that requires as much, if not more, strategic thinking than Chess
bait or dotard mastermind?

Attached: 1495056741025.png (2500x1645, 197K)

Industry worker here
Ever since 2015 the main focus of game companies was to create a game that is cross platform able on PC and Mobile, while not hurting the integrity of the games.
Auto battle arena genre games are the perfect example of this and there are far more companies working on one of these games, expect at least 5 more to come.

>People play this, but quickly gave the finger to Artifact?
People gave the finger to artifact because of it's monetization system. Ain't nobody gonna pay 20 dollars to play a card game where you have to buy new cards and even for competitive modes you had to whip out your credit card. Valve is fucking crazy.

Same as every fotm genre. Guess companies haven't learned a thing since the rush for assfaggots.

dotards don't play this

It's basically gambling without real-world money.

I've only just now heard of the genre with the release of this and it sounds like the gayest shit ever

Retards gave the finger over monetization, it wasn't that bad at all. Just not preferred, like TF2 and CS:GO for the most part
The real problem was anyone who actually played it realised the massive flaws in the design that kills any retention because Garriot is a hack and Valve don't have any game designers working for them. Having the game fuck you over four times more than anything the other player intentionally does is terrible gameplay.

It's just a drafting game. It's a similar loop to something like 7 Wonders or even market based deckbuilders like Dominion or Ascension/Star Realms. Markets just aren't shared and they essentially add a dice game in place of hand draws.
I dunno I love it but it's not going to be for everyone.

Literally slot machine simulator.

The monetization is 50% garfieds fault and 50% valves for actually buying into it. They have 3 f2p games that make hundreds of millions from hats. Better make this one buy2play.

>>a game that requires as much, if not more, strategic thinking than Chess
thats it, im leaving this board

The thing is contrary to popular belief, game studios hate making mobile games and would like to make PC games if possible.

However the sad thing is mobile games just make way too much fucking money to ignore.

To give you a perspective, Candy Crush made MORE than Blizzard's entire lineup last year

It's fucking insane how much money casuals are willing to shit out

They have 3 F2P games that make hundreds of millions from literally the exact same model
The only problem is if you have scrap.tf open you can completely eliminate Artifact's business model and turn it into a huge revenue drain for them overnight. They don't have unusuals or foils at launch, so it has to be $20
And $20 is absolutely nothing to bitch about for fucks sake, look at something like trying to get a friend into Arma despite how old it is. For a new game that's perfectly reasonable since it's only going to devalue over time.

How is this game? Do I need to know DotA mechanics to get into it?

IT'S SO BAD BAD BAD BORING BORING BORING BAD BORING BAD BAD BORING BAD BAD BORING BORING BORING BAD BAD BAD BAD BORING BAD BORING BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to say imagine being so butthurt that a company you were told to hate doesn't go under that you start making threads whenever possible to cry about a videogame they made, but unfortunately this thread was made, and OP is extraordinarily butthurt about Valve.

Reminder Artifact is and was even at card price peak significantly cheaper to play constructed than any other digital card game short of full buy to play stuff like Faeria.
People are just morons and love to jump on hate bandwagons. That's not to defend the design of the actual game, but the monetization outrage is based in straight up lies and retardation.

>objectively best game in the genre for both casual and hardcore (hearthstone & mtga) are free
>have to pay 20++ dollars to be even able to play a card game from a company with 0 experience making one

Yes but candy crush got the top spot of the match 3 genre by either being first or having mass marketing, never really paid attention to the genre. All the other match3 games probably make a small fraction of what candy crush and bejeweled make.

>grinding is free
look at this absolute cuck, don't even have to bother with how terrible the other games are, let alone how even *if* all three mentioned games were equal in terms of quality, a 3 lane dota gimmick is perfectly viable for a new game on it's own without peer.

It's extremely obvious that just copying the leader won't make you the leader.
Investors don't care. Popular = DO IT DO IT DO IT

Valve is a piece of shit company and I can't wait until it goes down in flames.
Yes, the game is ultra-shit. Somehow it's less complex than the mod and far uglier than what Riot came up with for theirs. It's literally the worst of the three.

It still takes absolutely 0 manpower

To show you how fucking ridiculous mobile market is, Lineage 2 revolution, a gook mmo mobile game, made more than WoW's annual revenue in just 3 month.

It's so fucking ridiculous how enormous the spending power of casuals are

No. It's basically Poker/Mahjong but with Heroes instead of cards/tiles.

The problem is that every other digital card game is free. Yes in the end they cost either money or absurd amounts of time spent grinding but the common consumer doesn't think that far ahead. Also the rng while not as horrivle as people claim can absolutely fuck you over with a single flip of the coin.

>mahjong on a square grid
How the fuck would that even work

League is worse than dota in every aspect but tits and even that is debayable and yet it's far more popular.

Blame the chinks and their 4 hour commutes.

The problem isn't the monetisation because of three huge problems in your argument:

1) I don't want to play either of those games because they fundamentally do not interest me. HS is more Blizzard trash, MtG has a lot of esports like focus and "poker hand" like victory conditions instead adapting and deciding to what's at play - something more like a boardgame appeals more to me and Artifact did that on paper with three lanes

2) I do not want to grind for anything ever, because I don't have time to burn for no reason but to feel like I've wasted time. It's depressing this is even a thing people want.

3) I bought Artifact for $20, and spent what $4 further to get every common for pauper with friends, and I pay in GBP so it's actually less. And I only spent so little since Artifact on games like My Friend Pedro and Amid Evil - that are intentionally small and cheap games. And I'll buy any game like that again if it catches my interest when $60 equivalent (which don't exist anymore since they're more $70 now) games rarely wind up worth it no matter how much hype.
Money is not a factor here.

>a 3 lane dota gimmick is perfectly viable for a new game
It is, a problem with artifact is that it is incredibly fucking barebones and riddled with rng mechanics on top of not doing all that much interesting with the 3 lines.

Even if artifact might end up costing less, players have no agency in whether they want to shell out the first 20 bucks or not.

A GIMMICKY card game like you stated is going to be extremely hit or miss, however you have to pay up front, when there is a good chance you will end up hating it.

That's where they fucked up in monetization. It's just like buying a mystery box since you have a chance to pay less.

Lmao, valve is notorious for fucking up ranked systems. At least the autochess Custom game for Dota 2 had soul and a fucking working rank system.

Honestly I think they didn't go hard enough on the Dota theme by incorporating it into gameplay
Deck building could have either 1:1 set your heroes in the lanes accordingly or flipped the order for Dire start
Creeps could have been 1-2-3 mirrored at the start like Dota short/mid/safe
And it would immediately be a lot more fun, because your typical colour balance is to be expected but at least the game isn't fucking outright doomed at the start. They completely forgot the game has snowball mechanics with gold for fucks sake.

By your own logic, I didn't have a chance to try DUSK out before I wind up getting buyers remorse if we put piracy aside, since it's a singleplayer game.
I don't really regret paying the price they offered which is why I jumped in, the expectation vs. the reality of what I played isn't actually that far off, it's just not in the direction I was hoping it would be.
It's not even extremely hit or miss - the concept is solid, the execution was abysmal. The expectations weren't unreasonable for someone who did buy in and disliked it.

The entire design is at fault, sure you can try to salvage the mess but honestly they missed the mark with it by so far, it would be better to just scrap the whole thing and rerelease it later after total makeover.

Also garfield is an absolute faggot and the biggest culprit in the whole mess, it is incredibly obvious he used artifact as some sort of proof of concept testing instead of making a solid game, which he is capable of doing if he gives a shit.

It works, but the gimmick is just so pointless. Also, Hearthstone dev said something like the typical 'whale' structure in Videogames is much more severe in cardgames. Blocking out potential whales out of even trying out the game is a big no-no

>Le Dota better than League!
Gramps, it's 2014+5, Dota is dead, nobody believes this meme.

I can see this game replacing the usual solitaire at the office or even for people that work on remote.
Not much point for anyone else since there's too much rng to be competitive nor it has any grinding on it.

There is WAY too much RNG in the hero purchasing process. That's the entire core of the game and it's nothing but RNG.

The best way to make Artifact worth buying is to just add a great, 30-40 hour singleplayer campaign to it with a ton of new cards that don't give a fuck about multiplayer

>leaguebaby
>in anno domini 2019
Riot could spit in your mouth and you'd ask for seconds

keep seething

League is alive
Dota is dead

The "LE DOTA BETTER" only started from nu-Yea Forums that wanted to act like oldfags by acting like contrarians

>more people start playing
>compared to the masses you are now actually worse
Working as intended

Played it for 2-3 days but the I heavily dislike the shared hero pool. If the other players arent retarded then they will block some of your combinations and you are fucked already. Yea yea, it's more strategic that way or whatever, but it's just not fun if you can never finish your shit.

Attached: 58380026_261873897941211_4621487297005617152_n.jpg (922x960, 67K)

no one cares about dota outside of dota players, valve keeps using dota assets for everything. its so sad to see this shit.

Post player count stats

Stop saying this shit, Artifact died because it was slow and boring, it had 60k people first day the cost wasn't the issue.

actually still waiting on that Dota campaign
It actually played really well in the little Sniper prologue, like old Warcraft campaigns, or even Age of Empires
wonder why they decided to rip it out of the game entirely

It's a game made by chinks essentially. They love RNG bullshit for some reason. And not only do you need to be lucky to get the heroes you need, but you also need to hope that others don't cockblock your synergies.

>inb4 the fake copypasta made back in 2014
it didn't even account for Chinese/Korean servers

Like clockwork Yea Forums, never change.

Too much work for too little return. Why make a full campaign and make millions if you can make 40 or so hats and make hundreds of millions.

Post the one that does account for your chink and gook hordes.

Get a load of this goyim. Actually expecting Valve to deliver quality content instead of low effort skins.

Attached: 4389482048230.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>Glorified custom game is more popular than RTS
How will they EVER recover?

gambling simulator

I was kinda on board with this type of game until I realized it's 99% rng

If that were true, there'd be no way to rank up. Obviously there's a heavy RNG element, but with a large enough sample size, a good player will end up in top 3 regularly. You need to learn how to adapt to the RNG you're getting.

Chink mods becomes the most popular dota 2 mod because of inflated chink players
Westernshitters automatically assume that the mod is good because it's popular

It's shit
It's a RNG simulator
It's not "chess"
You git "gud" once you understand all the mechanics, but even then, you're at the mercy of RNG

well for me its too much rng
on the skill vs rng spectrum this is far beyond even already-shit-games like hearthstone

no thx

Not only that, but a glorified custom game OF a glorified custom game.

criticalhit.net/gaming/dota-2-vs-league-legends-updating-numbers/

Just google it? This isn't even the only source, there are many every year updating the statistics.

League has been outnumbering Dota 10:1 since 2014, the only retards that believe DOTA HAS MORE PLAYERS THAN LEAGUE is from reading a Dotabuff vs LoLDB match history when LoLDB is a dead website that isn't even updated properly.

Even /r/dotamasterrace, a Dota2 cocksucking forum, agrees on how high the League numbers are. (Don't remember post name but it was something like 'discussion on LoL's player numbers and how fucked it is')

Eh Dota isn't the one with the problem
Plenty of people play it just fine
But a great campaign for Artifact, with choices that affect the story, would get plenty of people playing, old and new

The Japs unironically get this right whenever they put out card game video games
Off the top of my head we have:

Pokemon TCG for Gameboy
Monster Rancher Card game on PS1
Digimon Card game on PS1
Card Fighters Clash on NGP
The bajillion different Yugioh games on various platforms
Phantom Dust
Baten Kaitos 1 and 2
Metal Gear Acid
The various games on PC made by different companies

>almost 3 year old article
>only official riot statement about numbers is 100 mill accounts
>stream numbers thay probably both include the retarded chink numbers no one uses anymore
>prizepool discrepancy handwaved with the mystical salaries excuse

>/r/dotamasterrace

You're forgetting about the part where he admits to being a redditor

They were working on somethimgike that. Then the playercount went to 3 digits and now they're either working on artifact:not shit edition or hoping everyone forgets about it. Despite gabe knowing the internet never forgets.

Did the spacing not give it away?

What is it with retards and not knowing how RNG works? Like, if the game was purely RNG with 0 skill involved then people good at the game wouldn't be able to consistently win right?

It's the same shit as Xcom 2 where people terrible at the game blame a miss at a 75% shot for losing them the mission instead of all the other shit decisions that got them to that point.

oh yes the fabled reddit spacing

Attached: original_mudkipz.jpg (680x561, 78K)

What the actual fuck is an "Auto-chess" game?

Attached: 1393615788620.png (325x276, 111K)

>"so boring"
>doesn't say why
its subjective
not everyone likes playing fortnite and jacking off to minecraft hentai nigger

And yet, you dumb subnigger still psoted a thread about it instead of doing something worthwhile with your 400 pounds. I suggest self euthanasia, tard

>people say it's pure RNG
>finally a game for me because that means i should win for free every now and then
>8th or 7th at best every fucking game

Attached: 1555608528644.gif (500x615, 530K)

That post has more words in a single paragraph than the ledditors entire post.

You buy and upgrade heroes which you place on a board. Every hero has an ability, item slots and some categories they belong to. If you have a certain amount of heroes of the same category you gain bonuses for the whole group. The twist is the heroes are contorled by AI. So it like watching low ranking MOBAs.

Attached: FCJ-159fig2.jpg (1252x675, 374K)

It sounded somewhat interesting up until the end.
What is the point of making all that progress only to have it be played with automatically?

People do the same for card games(and auto chess is practically one) but you'll still lose if you don't know what you're doing

Some people like the strategic decision-making but not the micro

?

Attached: 2334_6891.jpg (750x512, 123K)

idiots, chinks, and children can play and pretend they're esports

You can fuck up a game of monopoly if you're mentally retarded enough.
Have you treid some less mentally taxing forms of entertainment, like putting legos up your ass?

How is it strategic decision making if you're not doing the actual part that requires strategy?

??

Attached: threat-screenshot.gif (692x976, 75K)

You are making decisions about what units to place where, what to equip them with, when to spend your gold and when to save it. It's more like a turn-based strategy game, or a cardgame.

It's like being the manager of a sports team. You do the planning, set the team and decide a strategy, but then you ultimately have to see it come into fruition on its own. Removing the element of "gameplay" and mechanical skill makes it more strategic if anything.

Sounds more like rock-paper-scissors?

There's no type advantages or anything, so I don't see how.

>game based on dora custom
>dota players don't play this
Ok...

That analogy would work if sports were purely dictated on stats and number checks.
Unless there's actual elements that can't be accounted for, it sounds like you just pick the relevant shit for the relevant job and win anyways.
Maybe I'm missing something?

The queue to try the Riot autochess is huge jesus christ.

You have this gamer obsession with control and fixed arbitrary ideas of how things "should be" that makes it hard for you to appreciate things that don't fit your narrow window of what is acceptable.

Attached: MCxSfSl.png (1029x414, 184K)

It's got mechanics like synergies and interest to make it so it's not just "place the strongest dudes", and the fact that you don't have full control over what units are offered to you means you have to adapt your strategy on the fly, like a drafting game. If you've played stuff like Slay the Spire, or real life stuff like 7 Wonders you might enjoy it. But if you don't like RNG or want to have full control over everything, don't bother.

So? At least they can play.

You can't claim something top be strategic and then say, "you're obsessed with control" If you have no actual over control of how things play out, then it's not strategic, is it? I'm not trying to harp or belittle whatever these games are, I'm trying to understand what they are and how they play.
Based on the information you've provided yourself, it doesn't seem like strategy, because as far as I can tell, you pick relevant units for relevant jobs with relevant items and nothing more.

>this many players
>when you can only even get in the queue if you have a League account with positive "honor", so people who haven't played League in a while can't even try
this shit is gonna get massive

That doesn't account for all the mobile players Underlords has.

Anyone up for some games?

Brave#9999

If you're going to quote me at least go for something I actually said. And if you just desperately want to understand the game you could, you know, just fucking play it instead of rambling about how smart you are for making an effort to misinterpret it.

Could you provide an example of how a regular scenario might play out?

>If you have no actual over control of how things play out, then it's not strategic, is it?

going with that definition then you have no control over your oponent movements. so it means that there is no such thing as strategy game

Riot gave out so many pbe accounts over the years because people all lose interest in 1 month. Now all those accounts are trying to login for TFT onto a server intended to only have like 5k at most. I logged in at 8am and only got in at 2am the next day.

Here's a hint, user: pay the five gold to level up at the start of level 4, instantly boosting to level 5. It's okay if you need to delay this for a turn, but no more than two. Then at level five and a half, pay another 5 gold to level up to six. Once you're level six, start hoarding gold, spending only to buy pieces that you need, and you happen to come across. Since it's still early game, any losses you take shouldn't be *too* bad. Keep hoarding gold until you have 50 in total, or you reach 50 hp. Once you have 50 gold, spend every coin you earn over 50 on buying exp. You should be able to get about 8 exp per turn, plus the 1 natural tick. This way, you can powerlevel up to 7, and even level 8 in a very short amount of turns.

You might still be losing rounds at this point, since you haven't really rerolled any of your pieces. Once you hit 50 health, you enter something I like to call "panic mode". This is where you spend all of your gold to immediately boost up to the next level (8 or 9 or sometimes even 10), and then you use anything you have left to reroll chess pieces. The goal here is to either get the missing alliance pieces that you need, or to simply overpower the enemy by using high-level pieces and more pieces than they have. If you were screwed over by RNG, then the objective is not to win the game; but to stay alive for as long as you can, and screw as many people over before you go down, to raise your place on the ending ranking. I hope this helps, user!

Attached: 1466882747310.gif (170x244, 137K)

I know you think you're trying to be smart and sly, but you come off as retarded

Being this delusional because League of Legends is still extremely popular while reaching ten years, is quite something, user.
No need to get defensive. Dota will never reach that popularity and activity.

If these
aren't you, then there was no reason for you to reply to this chain.

nigga i can do whatever the fuck i want

frick off, kid

Attached: 1540699317056.png (117x89, 3K)

Still waiting for those numbers

One relevant mechanic is interest. For every 10 gold you have, you get 1 gold per round. If you get a good start, you can decide to sit on your gold and collect more interest, making your lategame stronger. However, you also get gold for winning streaks against other players. So you want to spend gold to make your army stronger, since someone else who is spending gold every round and not collecting interest will be stronger in the short-term, which may threaten your win streak. You need to constantly evaluate if you want to spend your gold, and if so, if you want to spend it on long-term or short-term investments, keeping in mind your health/board and that of other players. See also what said.

>Jumping into another person's conversation/discussion, and then trying to de-rail what their original discussion was about.
If you reply to a chain, you follow the chain and understand what is being discussed instead of jumping in like an idiot.

I have more success holding off on boosting my level until 6-7 but maybe it's just me.

Okay, so then you are this one.
>Removing the element of "gameplay" and mechanical skill makes it more strategic if anything.
Now back to the original point.
>You can't claim something top be strategic and then say, "you're obsessed with control" If you have no actual over control of how things play out, then it's not strategic, is it?

>holding off on boosting my level until 6-7
So you reach level 6 eight turns later than everyone else in the game?

Attached: 1484966990277.png (372x508, 239K)

You've to be delusional, seriously. Communities in both in League and Dota are very different due to their activity. League being the highest with activity and traffic. The games as well. It takes minutes to join up a Dota match for a new player, but it takes seconds to find a match in League, and that is mentioning the fact that you're separated by region.
Dota 2 is overwhelming to new players, and cannot deal with how many things are in to learn. Some do, but a great majority just don't want to deal with that.
It's obvious that the hardest game would face less activity than the simple game. HOTS being the exception and all thanks to Blizzard.
You don't have to be so delusional and say that League is a dying game compared to Dota. If League dies, then, holy shit the crater in Dota would be much larger.

If you get a crappy start, it can work, sit on that losing streak and interest gold.

I find that if you're lagging behind, boosting early becomes even MORE of a must, so you can reduce the hp bleed.

I'll tell you this now, you're much better at arguing for your game than the other guy is. While I still would personally like to be able to handle the micro as well, stuff like this still garners interest. It's a bit weird that people are so quick to call something like this auto-chess despite that critical thought is still required.
Is the game in OP a good starting place to try?

I'm not seing any numbers user. And just to be clear, while I would never deny that league is more popular than dota I don't believe the overinflated numbers some people claim are real. Also while dotards have for the most part accepted they're past their peak for multiple reasons, league players have a hard time accepting their golden days are long over.

And you still can't use quotation marks to point out something that wasn't said.

See, your idea of control is arbitrary and limited. The notion that absolute control is required for a game to be strategic is dumb. You have to plan while understanding what you can control and what you can't, and how to play around this uncertainty. Here is where your obsession gets in the way.

Forget video games, think about real strategy: does a general know everything that will happen in a campaign? I'm not even talking about the other army, but all the things that can happen like weather, terrain, mistakes made by your idiot soldiers and so on. I guess you'd just throw your hands up and say "omg it's random no point to think!" but is that really the case? Wouldn't you rather have a good general who knew how to work with what he had and to work around uncertainty than just leaving it all up to chance?

>get told what the fuck is up
>BUT IM NOT SEEING ANY NUMBERS THOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Good God, just suffer being a delusional fuck I guess.

>build up your board
>watch it auto-battle the enemy board
>manage your hand between rounds
>manage items and enhancements
>manage a small economy throughout the game
>RNG on the battlefield interactions, in what "draws" you get, on what you can buy in the market
Artifact also has mana management, which this lacks.
This is not 1v1, but rather 8 man FFA.

I agree that they are in the same headspace, and despite being different in how the game is laid out, they are similar design wise.
Very surprised that this was welcomed as fun, while Artifact was hated as dull. Its not just one being free, the critics of Artifact weren't just saying it costs too much, they were saying its a dumb game. This is effectively the same game.

Personally I played and liked both, even though I didn't play the actual DOTA2 mod Autochess. I was on DOTA2 prohibition when it became popular.

Attached: dabs on your heavy.jpg (383x538, 73K)

would play this if they made proper auto chess, not some mobile trash

Either calm down or post thoae digits.

The video games market is about evenly split between PC, console and mobile. No reason not to port to mobile when the game design allows it. I'd also like to see it on console too. Why not?

>Its not just one being free
No that's a huge part of it. I didn't even consider trying Artifact with it's exploitative model that actually they had the gal to pretend wasn't exploitative because you COULDN'T earn cards.

It's kind of like the TBS/RTS distinction, some people like planning much more than executing.
Underlords, the game in the OP, is probably the easiest place to start. The alternatives right now are the Dota 2 Auto Chess mod, which invented the 'genre' but has extremely clunky controls by virtue of being a mod, the Mobile/Epic port of that game which has the awful Chinese mobile game artstyle, or Teamfight Tactics, the Riot spin on the genre, which currently requires an active League of Legends account to play.

>Forget video games, think about real strategy: does a general know everything that will happen in a campaign? I'm not even talking about the other army, but all the things that can happen like weather, terrain, mistakes made by your idiot soldiers and so on. I guess you'd just throw your hands up and say "omg it's random no point to think!" but is that really the case? Wouldn't you rather have a good general who knew how to work with what he had and to work around uncertainty than just leaving it all up to chance?
No, a general will not know anything and everything that comes his way, however he can immediately react to anything that may come up.
If within your games of autochess, for lack of better identification, something comes up and you can't react to it, and can only simply watch it play out, that's not strategy. If, in your autochess you CAN react to those things, then yes, it is strategic. Again, I have zero clue how these games play, but the pre-tense I've been given is you take things, plan out their kits, put them on a field, and watch it go. If there is still decision making during or throughout the game, then it's completely different.

why wouldnt they revoke old access? or are they stress testing the queue function

In real life, a general commanding an army has no real control over his army. Yet he strategizes regardless. There goes your entire point.

don't you dare beat me to your own point.

As someone who purchased physical MTG cards for 15 years of my life, I found it a very intuitive model.
Steam has the marketplace to trade, and if the game actually took off and was actually played, the model would've looked good.
Much like an MMORPG that only gets 50 people online at a time, it looks like bad design, because the volume isn't the one designed for. If Artifact had Hearthstone numbers of players, the payment system would've seemed great, and you could trade cards for even games on Steam.

mobile games are not games

Because riot isn't known for being good at things that isn't marketing

I get a real fucking dangerous vibe with this. It feels like Artifact, everthing from how bad the UI is, to how little content there is. Is this suppose to be this one time fun thing? Or are they trying to make money out of it? You get nothing from winning.

except that in artifact you pay for the game, then you pay for cards and then you pay to play

its 3 fucking doors that unlock with your wallet before you get to play

If that's your problem then I guess you actually haven't played the game. You can't move the pieces in a round but a won match is like tens of rounds and you can adjust in between. Since we're going all in analogies here think of each round like a shot in soccer or the equivalent in your preferred sport: you can't adjust the ball mid-flight, but in a game you'll get many chances to shoot and you can make adjustments for the next one.

It's in early access, there will be hats soon.

You don't "pay for the game", any more than you pay for the game in real life MTG.
You pay for the starter packs, so you can play the game.
Maybe they should've had some objectively bad cards to start off with, then a couple free packs to see that packs contain superior cards, and leave it at that. Its what I would've tried. But then you get blamed for pay2win and other horse shit.

Unlike Artifact this is actually something people evidently wanted. Granted that might not be you if you didn't already play Dota Auto Chess but thousands of people did and this low effort copy couldn't have cost Valve much. The people who liked the game in Dota 2 seem to like this too and I think that's what they first and foremost went for.

>In real life, a general commanding an army has no real control over his army. Yet he strategizes regardless. There goes your entire point.
refer to
If there is still decision-making DURING the game that can affect the outcome, then yes, I concede to the point that it is still strategy. Since reactionary decision-making is strategy in it's own right. If however, once you set to "Go" and can only watch shit unfold, then it's not strategy.
Keeping in line with your general analogy, let's say it starts raining or some sort of weather condition. The general in this instance would be able to sound a retreat or make a decision to advance while the enemies are in panic-mode. If a choice like that or something similar to that effect doesn't exist in these autochess games, then they are not strategy.

>You don't "pay for the game", any more than you pay for the game in real life MTG.
you absolutely do
lets say i invest 100 dollars in both games
after that i have my decks, now in artifact if i want to play i have to pay more just for the ability to play

I enjoy league's rendition of it more, ironically. underlords is awful in comparison, and autochess is on egs so it might as well not exist.

>If that's your problem then I guess you actually haven't played the game.
Yes, I admitted to that from the beginning and was trying to come to an understanding of how the games worked. If this is the case, then i concede the point and argument.
I fail to see why these games are called autochess when critical thinking is still involved.

>once you set to "Go" and can only watch shit unfold, then it's not strategy.
what the fuck am i reading

The game goes on over many rounds (usually 20-30), where you're continuously fighting the same 8 people. Within a round, you have no control, but if you find that, for example, you're losing a lot to people with magic damage, you might need units with more magic resistance, etc

It's moderately fun playing with a bunch of friends cause of all the banter, but I couldn't imagine playing this shit solo.

>If however, once you set to "Go" and can only watch shit unfold, then it's not strategy.
i have a question, are card games a strategy games for you?

I wish I could actually play it, it seems neat even though I dropped League five years ago.

>now in artifact if i want to play i have to pay more just for the ability to play
Do you mean drafts? In irl MTG you also pay for drafts, as in you buy boosters to draft from. Then you keep the cards.
Basically:
>buying the game Artifact == buying MTG starter set
>paying the arena ticket == buying booster to draft from
>buying or trading cards is the same in MTG and Artifact

Come join us underchads in jovial conversation.
Intellectuals only please.

no, after you draft a deck you have to pay to play

Or, if they really wanna brag about being the only non exploitative card game (which Garfield did MANY times) here's a crazy idea: release the full fucking game and all it's cards. None of this market or pack bullshit. You pay 40 dollars or whatever and get access to the entire set. Can't have that though, then it might be an actual game decided by skill and not time/money investment. And how would we milk it for the rest of time?

I fail to see how even with a lot of people it wouldn't be exploitative. I still have to pay for every card I didn't start with and that's still a way of nickle-and-diming me just like packs are. The only difference is Valve is taking a percentage and some other schlub gets a small amount of money that in most cases probably wouldn't be that much. If he did make a decent amount, then that means certain cards have such a high value that if you want them in your deck you'll have to pay a lot making the game even more pay to win than Hearthstone. "B-But physical card games" I and many other people don't care. Not all of us are dense enough to have let WotC milk us for decades. I stopped playing magic for that reason, I am sick of games requiring a constant input of money from me for my deck (or whatever else) to remain relevant. Valve just made another game like that but took out the one advantage video games offered of letting you earn cards through time investment. Then they added "trading" that isn't actually trading because if they just let you trade cards for each other there would be no way for them to take a cut off the top.

It depends on the card game. Games with reactionary abilities and interactions with your opponents' even on their turn, yes. Games like Magic and YGO have the ability to control and react to the situation at hand. Games like Pokemon or Hearthstone (At least from what I remember), no. In those card games you fish for your game winners and can't be hampered by your opponent.

I haven't gotten to play TFT and I have no strong opinions of which seems more fun but they put the champs on a leash in the picking phase is really cute. I fucking hated using the courier in DAC and mechanically Underlords is a huge step up, but the game also kinda misses something without it. Was it soul?

You pay ONCE. In MTG, you pay for the deck you draft from. In Artifact, you pay for the ticket, then draft from a deck you are given.
And this is just the draft mode, you can freely play constructed mode without any additional payment.
Did you even play the game? What are you attempting to communicate here?

I am sorry to be that guy, but you just don't get it. Trading is a very important part of the game. Building a collection is a very important part of the game. Having a scrappy deck build with what you've got, trying to figure out adequate replacement from the optimal list, is a very important part of the game.
I actually stopped playing MTG exactly when my collection got so big, to the point where the only thing I did was play the game. No collecting, no deck building, no trading, I had the few strongest decks and I had to wait for the set rotation so I can start anew.

They could have made the game free, gave you all the cards from the start and sell cosmetics. But Garfield was against it and no one at valve though to tell him to keep his mouth shut. There is no fucking way a company with three f2p games releasing a new game into a f2p dominated genre without the idea guy being at least partially at fault. At keast they admited it was their fault and not the players.

>3 different auto-chess games suddenly pumped out of nowhere
is this the one to play do you reckon?

Attached: 1962305.jpg (611x713, 51K)

I hope 5G and lower is shown to cause cancer and all cellphones are banned forever

Tower Defense games or Clash of Clans is the same design philosophy of building up your dudes between rounds, watching them automatically fight, and customizing for the next round, with some economy/long term investing in mind. Its not a new concept. Its just a hot trendy meme moment to release games in that vibe.

It is for me since I know Dota toons and items which makes it feel a bit more familiar even if there ultimately isn't much of a link in the case of most things. But I'll listen for what people say and what gets more popular and might change later if this isn't the one.

Probably? The creator isn't actually talented and Riot is... Riot. Valve at least has potential but will probably be slow as fuck, and give up again if it's not a success.

If I recall from Garfield's interview Valve actually pushed market integration big time.

>I am sorry to be that guy, but you just don't get it
This is something people say when they have no counterpoint. Then you go on to explain that being milked for money and gambling for pieces of paper is fun. Sorry user, most people play games to play them, not to fulfill an autistic need to collect things and spend money.

League will be #1 in terms of numbers, dota #2 and the rest will crash and burn like during the assfaggot era.

Some people like to build cities and armies but not the actual fighting part since numbers matter less than the ability to click very fast. Different people just have different tastes in video games. I can't speak for the others, but I just like to theorycraft about what army I can build and works toward it. Watching everything come together with the perfect synergy and army layout is very satisfying. RNG might be a bitch at times, but that's just a necessary evil.

Imagine defending AAA devs descent into making chinese mobile games

>This is something people say when they have no counterpoint.
If you kept reading my 2 lines post you might've encountered my counterpoint, you counterintellectual fag.

Tower defense games are not multiplayer though and if they are like old Warcraft maps they were cooperative. Maybe there were some competitive ones from back then but I don't remember.

it'll probably be on the regular league client sometime next week if we're lucky. That's usually how it goes, and there's no way they want to lag behind since it's nearly feature complete even on the test environment. But yeah I feel you, I quit myself, but I've been looking for something new to sink my teeth into, reinstalled league last week to maybe do some ARAM, then this shit popped up.
Volvo's track record recently has been less than stellar, but that also means they have more to prove and will probably put a lot more effort into making sure underlords is bug free and not too brutally monetized like artifact was.
Autochess is the game people actually enjoyed, but it's on EGS so... Well, you know. TFT is made by riot and is baked into the league client, and there's no way they won't start forcing people to play it for daily rewards and shit.

Realistically I would say pick the one you enjoy the theme of the most, and in about 3 months we'll see which one has lasting appeal. I figure underlords will be the most successful because of the mobile port out the gate, but there's no way the others won't also have mobile clients pushed out.

I haven't played TFT, nor do i plan to due to personal preference but i was a queen player in DAC and i've already decided to stick to Underlords. It already feels great and they're planning to add in a lot of content/improvements along with rotating the entire roster of heroes every season.

Shows you never played a valve game on start. In the first year or two the pace will be rapid and there will be some communication. As time passes some devs will get bored, leave and things will slow down. But as long as they are excited and think they can make good money the pace will be much faster then older valve games.

There were tower defense games in which you buy armies which the enemy then has to defend against. This is the same thing.
In autochess games, you don't watch the same fight that your opponent watches. He watches himself defending from someone, and you watch yourself defending from someone. If there are 2 people left, and their armies just raid the other guy, there are 2 fights going on at the same time - an instance of your army attacking him, and an instance of his army attacking you. Its the tower defense + buying mercs to attack enemies formula from Warcraft III mods, only made more intuitive and easier to read the UI.

Riot already stated that a mobile client is far away. And given riots track record with their pc client I wouldn't hold my breath on mobile being even mediocre.

Is this still the case in Underlords? I never understood why it was like that but at least in Dota 2 AC you could see it happening so it made more sense like that. If it's just happening behind the scenes why do asynchronously at all?

I did and I responded to it. You literally only said "I enjoy collecting things and that makes it good". I can't counter that point any more than saying most people do not play games to collect things, they play them to have fun in the game itself. You can pretend there is some secret I just don't understand but the reality is you are amused by something other people find obnoxious. You are taking an attitude of just "well some people like" What can I say back other than "Some people don't"?

The only other thing I can think to say about it is that your attitude reminds me of people who can't play multiplayer games without unlcoks and exp bars. They don't enjoy playing the game itself as much as they enjoy the dopamine fix that leveling up and unlocking a new shoe for their favorite character gives. You are similar, you don't enjoy playing card games as much as you enjoy the gambling aspect of opening packs and the dopamine fix you get when you get a card you don't have yet. Which is fine, enjoy what you want but on the flip side have enough self awareness to understand why most people do not enjoy such an activity especially when it costs as much as it does. Like I said user, I do actually get it, I played Magic for years.

That's why I said check in 3 months if you want to know about stability. If the genre even exists in 3 months, as in, more than ~15,000 players total between all the games, that'll be when they probably actually start working on one.
Whether it'll be good or not is up in the air. Riot themselves wouldn't even be working on it and would instead get one of the tencent teams to do it, it might be surprisingly functional.

Look at pubg mobile. You literally get higher framerates on a fucking phone than a 2080rtx.

>most people do not play games to collect things
Imagine being this wrong.

If I'm wrong why did Artifact fail?

Because it wasn't a very fun game.

This. There's no hope for us real (pc only) gamers.

In Underlords you can click on any of the names on the left and watch the other battles. You can watch your army win abroad, as the same army loses on your turf.
I often watch other armies fight, if I know mine is guaranteed to win/lose in a way I am aware of, to see what other players have set up.

You can pretend that only a small minority of autists play games to collect things, to progress, and to problem solve how they can achieve deck X without having all the cards for it, but this isn't the case.
The best part of the game is knowing how a perfect deck looks like, and trying to jank up something that performs sorta kinda like that with your lower power cards. This isn't my opinion, this is the opinion of everyone I know that is into MTG or online card games. Everyone agrees the worst part of these games is when you have everything and you can just pilot an optimal minmaxed perfect deck.
You are on the fringe, mate, not me. If you were into the scene, you'd know.

The autochess mod has been going strong for months now, I doubt the entire genre will implode in 3 months

Stranger things have happened.

If you're right then why does LITERALLY every game have a collectibles tab? The reason most people play MMORPG's still is to collect things such as rare equipment, not because sitting there clicking your hotkeys is fun or mentally stimulating.
People want things and to work towards obtaining them, that's why gacha is a multi billion dollar industry.

Oh I see. I still struggle to understand that part of the game/genre but I'll play some more and I'm sure it will make more sense soon now that I know how to watch them.

because it was shit, Hearthstone didn't fail.

What a horrible non-argument.

I got my PBE account in 2014 before Riot added the honor system. Since then I've been 2 week banned on my main account 3 times for saying magic words. Still have my PBE account lmao. I feel sorry for all these people unable to get a PBE account because they low honor.

oh man, I got mine around season 3 when everyone wanted to see fish tits, wonder if it still exists even though I haven't used it in, y'know, since fish tits.

Its literally tower defense in 2019 lol

>Everyone agrees the worst part of these games is when you have everything and you can just pilot an optimal minmaxed perfect deck.
Sounds like a failed genre

You sound like an outsider looking in, not understanding what you see, yet insisting on being a critic.

>it's an all enemies have min-maxed clockwerk-tinker builds episode

Attached: 1432724756686s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

The majority don't at least. The people who played it came from card games like HS mainly

I had unknowingly build that army since I gotten two of those 20% tinker death explosion items. That shit is overpowered as fuck. I was only panicking in the end when the other game had a minmaxed warlock army and knocked me down to 20 or so health.

Whats the guaranteed win strat?

>two of those 20% tinker death explosion items
Hol up, you can get the same synergy item twice?

But thats not even the best team.
>6 Assassin, 4 Primordial, 1 Demon
>3 Hunters, 3 Warriors, 2 Heartless, 1 Demon
>4 Humans, 3 Mages, 3 Warriors, 2 Primordial, 1 Demon
These are probably the best teams. And you can add 2 Scaled if the enemy is doing mages.

Welcome to Yea Forums

I have no idea honestly, but I thought they did, which is why I went all in for the tinker army. If they didn't, then holy shit, tinker is OP as fuck then.

6 warriors 4 savage 2 warlocks 2 heartless 2 scaled

You're just a brainlet with shit taste, that's ok.

Yeah you can. I had 2 unstoppable one game, 4 seconds of extra damage after all my wars "died". Easiest game of my life.

I really don't understand why the PC UI is so mobile-like when the mobile UI is different. Why can't we have items and synergies on the screen at the same time?

because you are playing mobile game. get used to it

>cant see phys reduction from armor
>cant see attack range
>item/alliance buffs/debuffs aren't displayed on your units
who designed this shit

>You can pretend that only a small minority of autists play games to collect things, to progress, and to problem solve how they can achieve deck X without having all the cards for it, but this isn't the case.
see
>most people do not enjoy such an activity especially when it costs as much as it does.
In other games you don't pay per unlock. You guys ignored most of what I said in my previous post.

That wasn't me, the original person you were talking to assuming you are still the same person from our reply chain which I assume you are because your only argument is to insist I don't "get" card games. There's a reason only a special kind of austist plays them past adolescence. Most people don't want to pay that much for a game and artifact had that same issue without the solution Hearthstone offered which is to never have to pay but still play. That has so much more appeal to the casual player or even someone who just wants to try the game to see if they like it. You are delusional if you think the pay wall was a deterrent to the game's success. Now proceed to not respond to anything I said and call me an "outsider" or talk about how I "just don't get it".

>the pay wall was a deterrent to the game's success
Should be wasn't, my mistake.

Underlords has a shitty UI that I'm sure they'll improve on, but it's one of the most fun games I've played in a very long time. Even though a lot of it is RNG, it's got a fun learning curve and a decent skill ceiling.

Hearthstone didn't require you to pay to unlock things. That makes a world of difference.

Is this shit actually popular on mobile? Usually the appeal of mobile games is that they allow you to play in short bursts, but auto chess games can go on for up to an hour.

>now proceed to not address my argument
>when his argument is "i grew up, ur autistic kid"
heh

based confused shizo

No my argument is that Artifact failed because it required a monetary investment most people were not going to put up with. This is shown by the fact that Artifact did shit while Hearthstone did not. You can say it's the games themselves but the reality is most people never even tried Artifact as shown by it's low max players.

I also argued that only a select group of autists actually enjoy paying to collect things. Ask any one who use to play Magic why they stopped and you almost always get the same answer, money. Ask what people like about Hearthstone compared to traditional card games and you will be told "I don't have to pay for cards".

We got side tracked on a completely different discussion because I suggested that if Garfiled wanted to brag about being the least exploitative card game (which he did) then he should have made a game good and balanced enough that better cards didn't need to be gated behind money and unlocking and offered it for sale like ;literally any other game. You took great offense to this as you are one of the previously established autists who admits to enjoying paying to collect pieces of paper. What you still fail to understand is very few people are like this, including those who play card games. Again, most people who play magic stop BECAUSE of the financial investment it requires. At this point you are the one who is starting to feel like an outsider if you won't admit that.

I'm playing the mobile one called autochess and I've won every single game so far. My strategy is just buy every piece I can, either to upgrade or to keep others from upgrading their own pieces. Basically raging cunt:the strategy.

Pve mode when

I really couldn't see myself playing this on a phone because I think matches last too long even as a sit-down PC game. But I've been told that a lot of people unironically game on phones and play full size games like Fortnite and shit on them so I guess those people might not have a problem with it.

Your argument is shit. Let me propose a very similar argument:
>Artifact failed, because it released on Steam. This is shown by the fact that Artifact did shit while Hearthstone (which is not released on Steam) did not.
It is obvious how and why this is a bad argument, no? And similarly, it is obvious why your argument is shit, because there are other games, that are very successful, despite asking for monetary input, or collection, and so on.

As for the
>Ask any one who use to play Magic why they stopped and you almost always get the same answer, money.
... hot take, I already stated that I used to play Magic, and I stopped because I was done collecting, and I had too much cards to enjoy it. I was too close to completion, and it wasn't fun anymore. And I've asked other players, they have similar thoughts. Of course having a large collection coincides with having spend much money, but nobody quits because they spend to much money. By the time you have spend too much money, you don't need to spend much money anymore. People quit when they get to the point where they spend LESS money than before. Consider this.

Underlords unironically has less RNG than Artifact. Have no idea wha they were thinking with that game.
>"WE'RE THE MOST HARDCORE CARD GAME ON THE MARKET"
>"Oh we also have by far the most RNG lmfao"

It's no wonder it failed.

>less RNG than Artifact
>get a 2 star in round 4? oh well you lost

what were they thinking

Attached: 6xjg0b8pg8t11.png (455x774, 611K)

The game has bots already, and even a feature where you manually control the start of the next rounds
Richard Garfield had too much control. All the monetization shit was his end, and the idea for Artifact was something he wanted to do in other card games

When should I pay to refresh store? I can't stop doing it because what if I get lucky right but I can't say that I've ever won doing it.

Compared to Arrow RNG, Cheating Death, Shop RNG, and all on top of card draw RNG?

Yeah Artifact was worse. It's all because they gave Garfield too much power. If you read his interviews he openly admits that he likes a substantial amount of RNG.

When you're
>very desperate
>very comfortably ahead, have over 50 gold, and don't want to level anymore
>getting 1 unit would hugely improve your build (i.e. only missing one goblin, have 8 of the same unit) and it won't cripple your economy too much
Level as much as you can

Attached: 15439963459890.png (804x767, 578K)

You unironically shouldn't refresh the shop until you have 50+ gold. Your interest maxes out at 50 gold (+5) so you want to stay above 50.
If you're near death then roll away. Don't save gold for the next game.

>update artifact
The games dead mate

I kinda figured leveling was dumb because it's essentially lost gold if you reach the endgame (but of course it's better than not reaching the endgame I suppose). I just find myself often with a hero advantage yet I get handled by one or two rank 2s.

>it's essentially lost gold if you reach the endgame
You are never ever going to reach the point where you are level 10 (max) without investing in leveling. That'd be like, round 100+

But all Autochess games have that too.
>2 people left in game
>if my Tidehunter with refresher orb gets Doomed, I lose
>if he doesn't, I win
>we toss a coin several times to determine the winner in a few fights that are entirely decided by that random interaction

Or a previous game I had where again, in the end games were decided on if my guys focus the roided enemy Troll, or not. Which is effectively random.

It's sad because it was actually kind of fun, even with the cards being as boring as they were because they were afraid to make them too exciting the first set. I'd totally play a 'Reborn' Artifact that's free to play, fixes up the RNG, and was completely rebalanced.
Oh yeah that's another thing. They touted how hardcore Artifact was and yet the balance in it was so fucking bad, yet they refused to rebalance cards. The entire closed beta the testers were telling them "These cards are fucking stupid broken, you should balance them" but Valve were too full of themselves and didn't balance them until a month after the game had released and was already dead.
By the time Artifact had reached its peak, the best deck in the game was mono-blue, the color everyone and their mother had been calling overpowered for months before release.

Underlords also has "shop RNG". Your previous post is exactly shop RNG.
And there are abilities like 20% change to attack twice, 30% chance to evade, 25% chance to disarm, 40% chance to silence, etc.
The whole Assassin alliance is based on 30% chance to deal 600% damage or something.

Pretty sure all proc abilities use pseudo-RNG, so they are fairly predictable.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DOTABROS THIS VANT BE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW

LEAGUE CHADS ARE SHITTING ON OUR DEAD GAME RIGHT NOW

THEY COPIED OUR IDEA AND ITS 10 TIMES MORE SUCCESFUL

ITS OVER DOTARDS LEAGUE CHADS WON ONCE AND FOR ALL

IM LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW

Attached: OH NO NO NO.png (374x273, 158K)

Valve revived Counter Strike GO, remember?
It was outside of top 30 most played, and within a few months it was in the top 3 most played.

Attached: esoteric pol.png (1200x758, 678K)

Do you even know what Valve's "pseudo-RNG" systems are?
It is RNG, dummy. Its just RNG made to look random on low number of rolls. At most it turns a 30% chance into 35%, or into 25%, so that you don't get 3 crits in a row. It is still fundamentally RNG.
Also Artifact uses the same system, all Valve games do.

>outside of top 30 most played
It still had like 50k players, CSGO was just a lesser option to cs source because the lack of options, there is nothing valve can due to to make their game better than hs or mtg, because of the foundation of the game, it being paid with a card shop while the better alternatives are both free with already huge playerbases

What are the broken builds Yea Forums? I want to trash russians and chinese.

Attached: 911632e.jpg (500x375, 24K)

Artifact does not use the same system. Skills like Bash in Dota that say 30% chance to trigger, instead have like a 10% chance to trigger immediately after triggering, then 20%, then 30% etc. in such a way that it averages out to 30%.

I specifically remember it having 7k players on a peak in a day, which was screencapped and reposted for fucking weeks in a row. It was low, man.

See, that's miniscule though. Compare that to "50% chance that you kill the enemy's strongest unit even with spell removal, repeat ad infinitum" bullshit. Or "50% chance every turn that Bounty Hunter suddenly gets +50% attack and becomes one of the strongest heroes in the game out of nowhere". Or everyone's favorite "25% chance your unit attacks to the left and hits something already dying, 50% chance it goes forward and hits the tower, or 25% chance it goes to the right and hits something that takes 0 damage" scenario (jesus fucking christ typing it out is hilarious).
That last scenario? Happens EVERY TIME AN UNIT COMES ONTO THE BOARD.

Attached: 1547785919230.png (1470x2186, 2.07M)

Doesn't show mobile players. I get lobbies where 6 chinks are playing on their phones all the time

This is not how pseudo-RNG works at all.
If the item says 30% chance to trigger, its 30% chance on the first go. Then if it works, it becomes 25%. If not, it becomes 35% chance.

Basically imagine that 30% is 0 point on an axis, hits move you in the negatives, misses move you in the positives. It tends to stay around zero, around the normal rate.

ur just shit lul

see Those are my last 2 games.
I won one, lost the other, based on RNG completely.

>Is so barebones that even the chink version got better graphics and content
What the fuck happened to Valve?

>Match up
>Perfect counter team every fucking round
It's more rigged than most mobileshit.

The problem with the Chink version is that it has that soulless Chinese knockoff look. All the units look like the same formless blob. Also Chinese voice acting literally damages my hearing it's so fucking bad.

There's a big difference between these man, even if artifact goes f2p(which they said won't happen) I cant see it ever being alive

Attached: vs.jpg (1441x519, 106K)

>Soulless
I mean, they couldn´t just straight up steal 1:1 of the Dota units. Looks like Clash of Clans. The only important thing is which one have the biggest playerbase, which means bigger e-sport scene and which will translate to better dev budget.

>I mean, they couldn´t just straight up steal 1:1 of the Dota units
No shit, that has nothing to do with what I said. The art style they chose is just fucking shit, nothing to do with Dota.

Looks like 50% of iStore game icons.

The Dota 2 style has a soulless WC3 knockoff look. When you really think about it, that is.

based retard, the chink version has soul compared to this underlords bullshit

Should have made them anime with waifus and hot badass men.

Again read what I typed. I like Dota heroes but I understand why some might call them soulless WC3 knockoffs or whatever. Whatever you think the truth is that at least the units look distinct, while the units in Auto Chess look like a potterer took a lump of clay and spent a desperate minute trying to mold it into something.

You type like a retard.

How´s the LoL version of this chink mod? Dota lacked polished in every corner, no voice clips, less effects, and the overall models looks like shit.

I don't care about the men but any game is made better with anime-esque waifus. DotA was basically an anime game trapped in the body of WC3 so Valve made a huge mistake thinking they were supposed to copy its looks rather than its pathos.

Just as rushed out as Underlords. It has the flaw of having the awfully designed League heroes as its base, with models so bad they resort to splash screens.
What it has over Underlords is the interactivity. It feels more alive. You jump between enemy maps and can move around your couriers which is fun. The carousel really is pretty pointless but again makes it more interactive.

Play both and decide which one you like more.

> no voice clips, less effects, and the overall models looks like shit.
Same in all those regards.

It does more things different from the mod which will make it stand out more. You travel to other boards instead of fighting clone armies, except on odd player counts which means 1 person fights a clone. Every single item combines into another, any 2 small items becomes a big item and items in general are really strong. There is an item carousel all 8 players are teleported to as a comeback mechanic, like 10 units go in a circle with an attached item so you can go for a really good item and sell the unit, or get the unit you want for synergies and the item is a bonus.

I would say League's version is/was far more buggy. Several unit's ability not working, unit AI going afk plenty of times, some items don't really work consistently. Also the hexagon board makes it feel really tiny and that positioning barely matters

The reason there is no voice clips is because they are too proud to re-use their dota 2 assets and are recording completely new lines.

herp derp i can get all the cards in hearthstone for free just by playing (several hours a day every day for months and months)

Bros. I can't figure out what the fuck level 2 means.

Attached: 1534022861942.png (645x282, 285K)

Guess I will go with the damn soulless version that is Auto Chess then. Shame Dota went with battlepass too instead of just their dumb chests.

You can have as many demons as you want, and all of them will get the Demon synergy bonus, which normally you can only have one of.

>but nobody quits because they spend to much money
Not gonna even bother talking to you anymore since you live in a land of pure fantasy.

I unironically prefer no voice acting over Chinese voice acting

>Grab unit
>"CHING CHING CHOOOOONG SHI SHI SHIIIIIII"

Chinese is an awful language.

pretty sure you need one of those global items to make it work in this game.

If you've spend "too much money", you are at the point where you no longer need to spend as much money. This is factual, and you can run away as much as you like. I'm in the actual community, actually talking to experience, actually know dozens of people in that position. But keep repeating memes from that one time you talked to that one guy. fag

Oh I see. They mean "All (your) Demons"?

If you want to use multiple demon units, use the 2 demon hunter bonus so that they don't lose damage from their demon racial.

>Shame Dota went with battlepass too instead of just their dumb chests

Underlords doenst have a battlepass

So is the LoL or DOTA Auto chess better? Never played auto chess and barely know anything about the rules.

Lol autochess is better but theres a 16 hour wait to play it rn you ahave to wait till it goes full public

It's coming but it's going to be the fartnite variant where there's a free track with additional shit if you've paid.

I'd say because the League one is very different from the mod, that one is better. Valve can copy the good aspects of it but they usually are stubborn. I do remember reading they are testing actually traveling to boards when its the final 2 players so you see the exact same battle, so they can maybe do that for the whole game
It will, its on the website. They also don't even have these guys in yet, which apparently are a huge gameplay mechanic and not just cosmetic

Attached: underlord.jpg (681x785, 55K)

>gameplay affecting changes
YIKES

>Am I better sucking off a transvestite with HIV or a regular faggot with hepatitis
What does it matter when at the end of the day you're a cocksucker killing yourself either way.

I don't get how people sit at the computer for this and play it. It's totally a mobile game, but the mobile version which will be the epic version is also shit and makes you commit to like 30 minutes of playing.

Because hour-long matches on mobile are fucking terrible.

I hate playing games on my phone a whole ton. If i can play any mobile game well on my PC I will.

I'm feeling vindicated at seeing all the anons in this thread shitting at how boring it is.

Now how many of you hosted peon wars?

Yeah but the gameplay is too fucking automated and boring to engage in the pc.

I actually find it a lot of fun, but its more of a time waster than serious pvp game.
Not sure it would make a good esport, but I find it fun to soloque, which is uncommon for me. The only other games I like to do random matchmaking in is fighting games and kart racers.

Attached: 1560998968567.jpg (1201x749, 74K)

It just punishes one dimensional strats. You basically just have to keep options open and start thinking which heroes you leave unupgraded after a point.

Playing vidya as podcast/audiobook background is a thing. Why the fuck would anyone play MMOs or loot grinders otherwise.
And tbqh it's actually not automated enough, the fact it demands attention in regular intervals makes it a worse background game than hearthstone. You have to focus and can't alttab at any moment to chack out that thing that Jaime just pulled up.

What does it matter what platform it's for? I don't get this zoomer idea that shit like this should be for phones.

in that situation, it can be best to do something entirely different.
Sure you might lose some early rounds for switching, but selling all your units would give quite a bit of interest and you can catch up if you pick smart from then on.
Most of my won games start as me losing the first 10 or so rounds and then turning it around.

Dota 2 is an incredibly boring IP and that it continues to get spin-off games is testament to how lazy and uninspired Valve has become.

I dont understand autochess if there is no way to influence the AI at all, no AI commands no anything.

It's not pure RNG user, it's the same as every other card game. 60% tactics, 40% skill

Fun game to play while watching Dota 2 tournaments.

Only way to influence them is positioning, which is actually a big part of it.
That tends to effect how they attack enemies and which order.

>gameplay effecting changes
BASED
I'll be sure to pick up the mage underlord. If you pick the mage one kys yourself forever faggot.

So, why exactly do people say that riot copied this game? Autochess was a community mod and Valve is as much at "fault" for copying as riot here. Same shit with dota/lol, it was a mod for a BLIZZARD game, yet valve doesn't get slack for poaching the mod team and getting their own version? They even got sued for that and had to settle. And that was gears after Riot's game release too huh Seems weird doesn't it?

Yes, got double Bedfellows (boost demon hunters based on demonhunter numbers) Terrorblade (both demon and demon hunter) was incredibly strong.

To be fair, I think most people acknowledge that both companies ripped off the original mod.

nope, you just had a fuckhuge range of rng and similarily noob players as your enemy

I meant that i'll be using up the warrior underlord, im not a faggot nigger btw so i don't play mages.

>Afraid to make it too exciting the first set
Oh the hubris.

Not really, I've mostly seen valve spergs get an autism episode any time LoL or TFT is ever mentioned.

Yep. I liked Artifact but it was so obvious the team behind it were full of themselves.

I feel like this game will be solved pretty fasf.

Okay real talk: Which of these do I try out? I heard that the LoL one might be the best.

you can't play the lol version unless you want to sit in a 10+ hour queue

It will be. Its typically self-balancing because if there is a BEST build, everyone can't go for it because the units are like mahjong pieces. Everyone buys from the same total, finite, pool of units like tiles in mahjong. The League one has had 3 balance patches already because people are getting worn out from it.
The League one is different enough and has some semblance of a social game. I think some of their future design choices will be lame but people eat that shit up

based combat only STR build in every rpg

What specifically makes the LoL one better? I hear that a lot.

You're thinking tactics, not strategy, smooth brain.

I need some fucking Underlord tips bros. I win maybe the first two rounds against players but from there on it seems a simple numbers game that my heroes just evaporate to the enemy's might while they take no damage and win with most if not all standing. Clearly there is something I'm doing wrong but what the fuck is it. Like, I'm talking about the first few rounds so how much can I really do wrong within that span? Is there a tier list for heroes that might help me out or is there something else I should think about?

>no chat
>social game

Because it's built like a brainless mobile game you would play for 5 minutes and close, as opposed to a pc game which is actually a fucking game

Just get 2 star units bro it isnt that hard lol

The Autochess genre is pretty much skill-less. Riot decided that it should be more akin to a party game than a competitive game and are balancing the game and it's mechanics with this mindset, which is why it's gonna be better.

You need to think about your synergies and how you will transition between periods of the game when you acquire more slots to put down. Think about what options you have and what builds you can go out into. Synergies can be really strong when comboed with higher star'd pieces

Weirdly, skilled player wons much more often, shitting on your argument.

Are there any synergies that are better for an idiot noob like me to focus on until I get more into the game's logic? I know the pieces are random and you have to work with what you got, but maybe there are some that are easier to work with.

What? I didn't say it was completely skill-less, I said it was pretty much skill-less.
If it's 90% RNG and 10% skill, the best players will win 10% more games than the bad ones so yea they win more often. Doesn't change the skill ceiling which is fucking low.

Brawny can combo well with hunter since Beastmaster has both attributes. Build him up to 3 star's and wreck shit with him. Here's a win I got by maximizing the synergies available to me. Basically just build brawny if you can they are strong

Attached: file.png (641x605, 420K)

Looking forward to the voice chat feature.

I have won a few games already, but I would like to be able to see some statistics at the end of the game.

Is there a leaver penalty?