What games let me fuck up medieval shits with modern weaponry?

What games let me fuck up medieval shits with modern weaponry?

Attached: 1561150254912.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dQfcRLT18IY
youtube.com/watch?v=jRgu7aHdgXg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_episodes_removed_from_rotation
youtube.com/watch?v=gmLXVw7MjYw
youtu.be/uRFChiJUg1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>rifle bullet easily passing through an iron/ steel shield

was whoever made this retarded?

japan did it. It's like pearl harbor all over again

youtube.com/watch?v=dQfcRLT18IY

Muskets were already punching through medieval breastplates, modern FMJ rounds would be just as, if not more, effective.

>Will pass through a vehicle and perforate your skull
>But somehow will not pass through a fucking Scutum
Are you?

Who knows, no one reads the LN and only watch the anime or read the manga.

Terraria is basically this though. It has medieval shit going on, but then you get modern weaponry for some reason. Then there's also Killing Floor 2 where you can pretend they have armor since the hitboxes work really nice.

>modern vehicles are made out of solid iron/ steel

thanks for proving my point, kid

just how thick is the shield though?

>Let's just stand around for half a minute while that girl kils us one by one
This could have been so much better if it wasn't just one sided /ak/ wanking.

>ancient steel is modern steel
No.

>shields are made out of solid steel plates
Yeah good job

5.56 can literally penetrate half an inch RHA steel. You think iron wouldn't?. Heck even 9mm fmj would penetrate iron like butter.

Shields are made to deflect the incoming attacks, not stop them in their tracks.

Realistically, they would have destroyed her

What anime? Is it good?

Shields were typically made with wood and leather with a metal rim and center boss, all-metal shields existed only in later periods with the buckler (which is basically just the boss and used only for dueling, not open warfare). Making all-metal shields would have been too heavy to wield during extended battles as you would have to carry the entire weight with one arm (worn metal armor better distributes the weight).

Also keep in mind the entire reason metal armor (and armor in general) was phased out was the proliferation of firearms. Once every peasant had a musket that could take out a heavily armored knight in one shot armored protection fell out of favor except for the occasional breastplate for melee cavalry. It's not until the modern invention of flak vests and kevlar do we see a resurgence in widespread armor usage.

Serious Sam

Why aren't those retards charging? It's literally just a single girl there, rifle or no rifle.

Civilization on easy mode

Attached: 1553363719652.jpg (1080x818, 93K)

You're retarded. Unless the shields were stupidly thick a bullet would easily pierce them. You ever seen a video of a modern rifle shooting a medieval breastplate? Goes through them like aluminum foil.

Attached: darkest_of_days-1253422286.jpg (1024x576, 82K)

Rimworld has a bit of that.

Crypt levels in Return to Castle Wolfenstein

GATE, it's JDF propaganda and most of it is harem bullshit.

look at this brainlet everyone

if they've never seen or heard a gun before they would have become deafened and blinded by the muzzle flash.

>bringing a knife to a gunfight
realistically you would have been aborted

It's not terrible but it doesn't really go anywhere.

And with tribal planet mod it's all about that.

isnt the gun shes wielding a battlerifle anyway? like full power nato cartridge like g3.

That Tiny Tina's fantasy DLC on Borderlands 2

she got bullet time

I've always wanted a game, movie or show like this but this Gate anime is gay as fuck.
I want it to be americans doing fuck yeah america shit on subhuman elves, gnomes, dwarves and orcs.
fighter planes fucking up dragons.
napalm on elven forests.
tanks blitzing through ogres.
magical wizard bullshit getting countered by tacticool shit.
you'd think the fucking nanking rapist japs would have come up with this shit in anime form but they went with harem shit instead.

Attached: 1548651239722.gif (160x120, 757K)

It's clearly wooden with a steel frame, just like, you know, a scutum. Also, you're fucking retarded.

Background extra syndrome: in animation it takes too much effort to animate all those guys doing things, so instead they stand there and get shot. Either that or the director has no idea how tactics works, or maybe is right and they're all super stunned from the loud noises and flashing lights.

It's only good for the Generation Kill jokes that other people make.
youtube.com/watch?v=jRgu7aHdgXg
Unfortunately it's not a bunch of soldiers being goofballs in fantasyland but a bog standard harem isekai with guns and poorly thought out politics.

Yeah even wih an idea like this I at least want the more primitive side to find a way to fight back against overwhelming odds. Otherwise it's just episode after boring episode of wanking off gunfags which is what this looks like

It's shit overall, but it may be worth the watch only if you're into the asymmetric warfare and some of the politics. The combination waifushit, haremshit, and boring unrealistic self insert NEET SECRET SPEC OPS MC is very off putting.

>charging into 3 magazines of 7.62x51

Attached: 1491690136597.jpg (640x480, 43K)

I bet you like Che Guevara, you fucking commie.

i mean, liberals become deafened and blinded being behind the rifle. subjects are probably worse off.

Attached: sample_f5d8ebbe08278745426d6a5cfb767420.jpg (850x446, 64K)

forest gooks and desert slimes had somewhat of a fighting chance against US and that's without magic and other fantasy beasts and abilities

I like the fact that huge corporations use his face to make money, something he probably would have hated. I'm just saying a show has to have conflict unless it's got something else going on like OPM.

gates wouldnt be shit if it wasnt a japanese jdf pearl harbour wet dream wank stain haramtards shit

kys

IT'S PAYNE! WHACK HER!

Liberals invented rifles.

Didn't that episode get banned?

Also, why would you need guns when you can capture an electric rat to electrocute people?

You might like the Salvation War. God decided that its time for apocalipse and released hell on earth. Hummies said fuck you and declared war on both hell and heaven. Very /k/ stuff.

>iron/steel shield
I can tell you that you're not a history major.

forest gooks beat the US. It wasn't until the nation itself said this shit is dumb and I don't want to die in a jungle.

>I'm just saying a show has to have conflict unless it's got something else going on like OPM.

That's really the huge issue with GATE. It's okay to have a overall one-side martial conflict, you just have to have something else to generate tension. For instance, we all know the Allies win WWII, so the way WWII stories generate tension in battle is to show a smaller unit where the individuals are more vulnerable, even if their side will eventually be victorious. It's also possible to ignore physical conflict altogether and instead go for political, moral, or interpersonal conflict. It's just that GATE fails there too because the politics are laughably bad, there is no moral conflict (everything is extremely black and white with regards to the JSDF), and the interpersonal dynamics of the protagonists can be summed up in a chart of anime cliches.

I don't know why people need to interject dumb political fights completely unprompted.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_episodes_removed_from_rotation

I'm not familiar enough with the show to know if that episode is on this list, but 4kids might have just edited that scene out while keeping the rest of the episode.

its decent.
some anons got super buttblasted when they showed nip spec ops take out American, Chink and Russian glow in the darks

The famous Scutum are not steel plated. They are purely wood+dyed leather. If by some chance, they used bronze plating, it would still be not enough.

>Kino military and political wank ruined by waifus
I'm so upset

Attached: 1508936803537.png (768x576, 571K)

I was taking about the frame. It so happened it would be reinforced with a metal edging and a central metal boob.
>Polybius gave a description of the early second century scutum:[6]
>The Roman panoply consists firstly of a shield (scutum), the convex surface of which measures two and a half feet in width and four feet in length, the thickness at the rim being a palm's breadth. It is made of two planks glued together, the outer surface being then covered first with canvas and then with calf-skin. Its upper and lower rims are strengthened by an iron edging which protects it from descending blows and from injury when rested on the ground. It also has an iron shield boss (umbo) fixed to it which turns aside the most formidable blows of stones, pikes, and heavy missiles in general.

>sample_

This is actually a based idea for a game. A TPS where you travel back in time with an arsenal of modern weapons and conquer medieval kingdoms

JSDF didn't really even do anything in that scene (other than say the hilarious "only American has black people in their army" line), the immortal battle loli demigod did most of the work.

I think people get angry less because their favorite nation got rekt and more at the absurdity that all three nations would A) decide kidnapping foreign diplomats is a smart move, B) think it's a good idea to send hostile forces to an American ally (especially the Americans since they have many more negotiating tools available to them than the Chinese or Russians), and C) all arrive at the exact same time. Logically they should lose (because you can't kill a fucking immortal being), but also logically none of them should have been there in the first place. Most of the politics in general in GATE are poorly written, this scene is just the biggest example of it.

>TPS
nah

Agree with them all being there at the same time is dumb, but completely disagree with the notion that Americans, Russians or Chinese are somehow morally above using their BlackOps to get what they want.
And people did get butthurt because it was Japs killing "muh seals" or "muh spetznaz"

shit was glorious

>why would you need guns when you can capture an electric rat to electrocute people
To defend your property from those rats?

Oh I'm sure there were people getting mad purely because of that, but for me it's entirely the politics don't make sense. And it's not that they're "above" using black ops, it's that the use of such tactics was completely unnecessary, especially the Americans. It's like using a hammer to drive in a screw: sure it could work, but there's much better tools you could use.

In the case of the Americans, the decades-old alliance and economic ties gives them enough clout to pry their way in to glean information without hostile action. Failing that, the CIA can send old-fashioned human intelligence agents to gather information without extracting the targets. A black-bag team is pretty much the worst tool for this job: it's messy (on success JSDF casualties would be pretty much guaranteed) and it's risky (on failure the Japanese would have seriously leverage against the US).

For the Chinese and Russians, this was an obscenely high risk operation: if they get caught, it's Casus Belli for the Americans because their ally got attacked (as well as their new source of wizard information being in danger). In fact, the only reason this didn't explode in their face on an international level was because the Americans were also retarded enough to be there, as such the Yankees couldn't use this as leverage without revealing themselves as backstabbing retards. While the Chinese and Russians don't have the same economic and historic diplomatic leverage, they still have the same sort of HUMINT as the US, they just can't deploy those assets as freely.

The author really doesn't understand diplomacy at all, pretty much everything on this front is either politicians stonewalling and using isolationist polices (because that worked so well for Japan the last time) or foreigners immediately resorting to military action because it would result in more things to shoot. Nobody acts out of rational self-interest, they all do whatever creates the most dumb action.

Shields were never completely made of metal, unless they were really small shields.

Not him, but I think you're seriously over-thinking it.

That's what the Geodude is for.

Darkest of Days is a game built around this idea. Final level takes place in Pompeii with roman guards fighting you as fodder. The game is based as fuck since the narrative is that you're supposed to be keeping a low profile, but it doesn't actually punish you for going full auto during a Civil War line battle.

>putting your life in the hands of some salvage animal you think you control
>instead of just pulling the trigger
Next time a wild Feraligator decide to wreck havoc in your land you'll regret that choice.

Oh I know I am, GATE is definitely one of those "just shut your brain off" shows. I just know too much of this shit to let it get past me, sort of like how a /k/ommando always notices bad trigger discipline, or when you see obvious pre-rendered footage pretending to be a game on a TV show. It may not actually matter, the intended general audience certainly doesn't care, but you still end up thinking about it because you noticed it.

In more Yea Forums related things, I also harp on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and 3's plot for similar reasons, because ho boy is that another "everyone is retarded for the sake of the next action setpiece" story. There's just a certain catharsis about analyzing shitty politics and misused military assets in poorly thought out stories.

I guess that's fair. I'm willing to let it slide for this one on account of it being the only piece of media that deals with that particular theme of modern military being pitted against medieval fantasy armies.

Anime is so fucking corny, a little girl with a gun in Roman times. Those motherfuckers would rush her and crucify her ass. Probably steal the technology too. Although it would take them time to know how to make gunpowder.

Look at what just happened to Iran with the drone.
Would you call that a reasonable move from USA part?
Or what happened in Ukraine with Crimea, was that a reasonable move from Russia?

The matter of the fact in Gate is that in middle of Tokyo Japanese have a literal gateway to a virgin world with who knows what kind of natural resources, as pointed out by one of their own, enough to have Japan be completely self sufficient.
It wasn't a case of
>Our ally Japan has made contact with foreign power, Mr. President. We too would humbly want access to their diplomats so we can start developing ties
It was a case
>Alright, those fucking slant eyed nips pulled a quick one on us and now have the most important strategic asset since the development of nuke. Russians are making moves, Chinks are making moves and Abe ain't budging. We need to get access to that motherload at any cost, we can not let anyone else have access to it. We need to figure out what the Japs did to get that Gate to open for them

While it may have been an "extreme" measure to take, maybe it was over dramatic, but its also naive to think that goverment isn't full of crooks who only barely understand longterm implications, people like Bolton, for example.

>In fact, the only reason this didn't explode in their face on an international level was because the Americans were also retarded enough to be there, as such the Yankees couldn't use this as leverage without revealing themselves as backstabbing retards
Even if USA wasn't there, Russians and Chinese would just go
>no u
>Proofs?
>CIA false flag
The general public would know jack shit about what is happening.

Pretty unlikely. Even retarded animals know the supersonic crack of a bullet passing by them is certain death. Taking on the concussive blast of firearms in an enclosed space is extremely disorienting and would probably seem like the air around them is igniting to their minds.

I disagree with that assertion. Especially when someone applies modern views of how men acted in that age.

It's disorienting even for people who know what's happening to them. Your vision literally starts to blur out from the concussive pressure wave of a muzzle blast, and literally everyone in the room is now suffering from permanent hearing loss.

Ok. Still doesn't invalidate what I've said. And it's funny how this doesn't appear to happen to her or her crew in the back. Simple fact is, they'd be dead in no time.

You do realize that if the shield was made entirely from steel they wouldn't be able to hold it, right ?
The shield is made from wood with a thin steel coating and the plate armor is shit at stopping a modern round.

I know, I also really like the idea, it's just that GATE executes it in such a poor manner that it takes me out of it. They really needed to make it more like Stargate: keep the program secret, send small teams. It would have kept combat tension by making the JSDF units more vulnerable, and it also could have either used the secrecy to either ignore or enhance the politics.

As a way to enhance the politics, having the GATE as a secret JSDF project would have limited America's diplomatic leverage (you can't exactly sanction them for something that doesn't officially exist, and using roundabout methods would not have as much political support), plus the Americans not actually knowing what's going on (but clearly noticing something is off, you can't exactly vanish a whole division without someone noticing) would lead to more extreme measures.

>Would you call that a reasonable move from USA part?
>Or what happened in Ukraine with Crimea, was that a reasonable move from Russia?

The Iranian drone situation is still developing, so I can't really comment on who was making reasonable moves, especially since there are a lot of moves being made without clear objectives.

In the case of Russia and Ukraine, Russia was deathly afraid they would lose access to their only black sea port after Euromaidan ousted their preferred president. As such moving to secure the port made sense, though obviously still risky, but they successfully banked on neither the EU or US doing anything to help a country that wasn't a part of NATO (plus not wanting to directly confront a nuclear power).

>Even if USA wasn't there, Russians and Chinese would just go [Proofs?]
That's a good point, however they would be leaving behind bodies in a direct US ally, which also risks loss of operational security through reverse engineering (like how the Chinese would return US pilots but keep the aircraft).

I have a million dollar military idea for you. Pitch steel kevlar to a contractor. You'll make bank.

It's hard to invalidate what you said when what you said was not valid to begin with. They're not in Roman times, and those are not Roman legionnaires. The Roman soldier may have been very disciplined, but how they fare in battle varied as with any other soldier. The crew in the back are soldiers as well and as such probably already suffer from hearing loss. A very large percentage of soldiers have hearing problems.

>tfw no game where you can just hunt down arrogant wizards with modern weaponry

That's all good. But I will go back to my original statement, the Roman soldiers sooner or later will rush them down, impale them, wring them out for information which they will eventually give out since army soldiers aren't really trained advanced, probably be kept alive in a state of slavery or useful to the Senate so as to acquire information about the future. Or be crucified. There is a zero percent chance of them surviving.

Literally the only one

My problem with Gate was it was just a massive nationalist JSD(F) wank and not an actual honest adventure in "Fantasy Vs Modern" and it's really annoying because whenever people do this it ALWAYS seems to be this way. They can just NEVER stop deep throating the militaries dick and how fucking AMAZING modern society is.

They don't take into consideration how unusual, unconventional, and terrifying FANTASY combat would truly get at times- because magic.
I don't even mean, "I cast fireball, hahA!" I mean shit they wouldn't understand or anticipate because now myths are real:
-The corpses you left out in the battlefield have festered and produced Miasma. The Miasma is attracting ghosts, animating the corpses of the people you've slain, and is causing people to get sick. Worst yet is these are actual 'magical' zombies and they can only be killed via fire or by Private Rodriguez who's actual tangible faith in God allows him to kill them while reciting phrases from the New Testament.
-A civilian mission is snafu'd when an angry Wizard is hassled and casts "plastic into insects" onto their rifles. The party is now being attacked by arcane lightning and there are scorpions & centipedes EVERYWHERE.
-A mysterious fog rolled into town and everyone who was circumcised was turned into salt.
-For 72 hours the camp was besieged by an incredibly advanced illusionary spell cast by court magi hundreds of miles away. Five men were eaten.
-One soldier went into town on 'shore leave', was killed, and covertly replaced by a Doppleganger.
-The Camp was attacked by an angry Fire Elemental. No casualities, but burns and injuries were severe as it took the men longer than comfortable to realize it could only be harmed by water.

Attached: 46345048-mago-oscuro-está-haciendo-magia-con-el-cristal-mágico-.jpg (1300x866, 69K)

Ironically enough, politics was SG1's strongsuit. Most episodes where they deal with primitive civs feel hamfisted and everyone is just making dumb decisions for the sake of creating tension. But the dealings with the NID or how they had to thwart journalists/moles were fantastic. The opposite of Gate, now that I think about it.

>Also keep in mind the entire reason metal armor (and armor in general) was phased out was the proliferation of firearms.
I'm not either of those anons but that's a common misconception. The real reason was the economies of scale of rising army sizes, it became unsustainable to fund metal armor for everyone and their peasant mother as army sizes ballooned. On the other hand in later times successful explorers & colonizers definitely payed top dollar for high end italian armor half a century after the discovery of gunpowder.

The efficacy of respectable metal armor against ranged weapons of the time is severely underrated.

Attached: 14145464748.jpg (373x359, 36K)

Sure, sooner or later there will be an attempt, but Roman legionnaires suffer from morale loss as much as any other soldier, and both sooner or later may not be fast enough. The Howa rifle fires at 500rpm, so that's 10 rounds a second, there's only like 15 "Roman" soldiers in that room with additional backup for the anime girl should she lose control of the situation.
A small anime girl causing the entire room to basically explode and cause mental and sensory debilitations while wrecking your allies at 20 yards range without lifting a finger through armor and shield is devastating to morale.

Your ideas are cool and will never ever happen

muskets fired 1.00 caliber bullets with like 1200 grains of powder

Are you suggesting modern firearms would fare worse?

>which also risks loss of operational security through reverse engineering
I don't think the attackers had anything worth reverse engineering other than maybe contact numbers or some codes.
>As such moving to secure the port made sense, though obviously still risky
And that is exactly the situation of GATE multiplied a 100 fold.
Rest of the World(and even Japan) did not know how exactly the Gate was opened, they just knew that there was tons of resources on the other side.
To them, there was a risk that not only one of the other powers could open their own Gate to gain access, but they could then open another Gate to get access to anywhere else on Earth. So theoretically Gates could be used to transport an army anywhere where you want or, perhaps more importantly, you could use gates to cut down on transportation logistics immensely by using them as shortcuts.
>"If some reject Romans could open that Gate, why couldn't we?"
most politicians would think. Do you think anyone in power would accept
>Gods on their side opened it
as a answer? They would assume it was just some advanced technology that they needed to get to first at all costs.
If anything Americans would be on phones with Japan 24/7 citing every single clause of every single contract or treaty that would let them send their own force through, and Japan not letting Americans through would be fully supported by both Russians and Chinese, which would give Japan the leverage against America.
What could Americans respond with?
>We will sanction you!
What would Chinese and Russians do?
>You don't need America, we make everything for them in the first place, we are ready to negotiate"
>We have all the resources in the world, what ever you need Japan, you want Kuril islands back perhaps? No problem, about that Gate though..."

What was that one novel series about a modern day wizard that uses modern weaponry like a revolver and has a cool car? Can't remember it's name, I heard it was good though.

This is why I don't like to argue with people that apply modern thoughts when it comes to the past, especially in such an age like today. I will go back to my original statement since what you're saying doesn't really make any sense. As soon as she fires that rifle, depending on where she is, those soldiers will rush her down, if she doesn't take them all down quick, typical anime fashion had them all doing nothing, this is not the case in real life. You apply morale yet not other human psychological behaviors that when faced with danger or backed into a corner, people will become aggressive and will do anything to survive. You clearly haven't seen Central/South American videos featuring constant brutal deaths by either guns or knife fights or both. A spear throw from a side soldier will destroy that little kid or a human man to be honest. Not only that, but the sound, will definitely arouse other soldiers around the vicinity, and as it has already been proven by people who hear gunshots for the first time, it is a sound that tells you that something is wrong, which is what they will think and many rush the place down. There is absolutely nothing that you can say that won't make this the case. They will simply not survive. Anything else is fantasy.

kys along with the other retarded faggits in this thread

Didn't the term 'bulletproofing' come from manufacturers firing a round a their armour to prove that it would stop a bullet?

>That mission where the Federal officer gets his hands on an assault rifle and goes to town on Dixie shits
youtube.com/watch?v=gmLXVw7MjYw
This game really was special.

weeb

This honestly. In fact, it's absurd that the modern military won against the Roman soldiers at all. Roman soldiers are trained to be at their peak, nothing like modern soldiers. While they lack modern weaponry, they are smarter and more clever than modern soldiers and can easily curbstomp the Japanese soldiers who haven't seen any combat.

He'll get killed and his idea will be stolen by Edison.

Human psychology does not change so much over time that soldiers suddenly become berserkers in the face of the shocking and unknown. There is nothing that would lead anyone to believe that soldiers from an older era would immediately charge at gunfire at the first encounter of it whilst getting slaughtered. Soldiers are not retarded lemmings. If anything, Roman legionnaires were well disciplined soldiers that used formations and understood the necessity to retreat when weak and advance when strong. All infantry tactics of Romans would suggest they would instead retreat instead of attack if they did not succumb to shock.

Oh and for more context of the scene, if I remember correctly two were sent to her first to apprehend her and she blasted them with a pistol, and in a correct fashion, the next response was for the legionnaires to formation up and engage with a fighting formation, in which they became a dense target for gunfire, and much less mobile. You may have had an argument if they were retarded savages, but Romans fought in formation.

Oh yeah I'm aware that plate armor was developed as a way to defeat the earliest handguns, and that without guns such high levels of protection would probably never have been developed. It's just eventually guns most certainly outstripped armor in effectiveness, which probably hastened the end of armor, especially as armies expanded thanks to the greater use of massed peasantry in warfare as you said.

As you say, traditional armor continued to find it's uses all the way to WWI, it's just it's value was far more limited, especially vs modern firearms.

I think you're leaving out the critical aspect of classic intelligence here. The CIA, FSB, and whatever the fuck the Chinese call their spy agency would be working round the clock to crack the secrets of this shit, no doubt picking up whatever official JSDF documentation was created about the gate. In fact the CIA would be uniquely positioned to grab up JSDF intelligence as the US performs many joint military exercises with the Japanese and thus routinely have access to their bases and personnel. Siphoning Japanese intelligence would be the easiest and most efficient way to understand the gate without expending excessive political capital.

Hilariously this would actually be the one time the UN would be useful: since as Japan was stonewalling 3 out of 5 security council members, you would have an unusual level of agreement to unleash global sanctions on Japan (because if history has proven anything, America and Russia will team up to fuck someone else over even if they fear it will give the other guy some advantage in the long run).

Then you lack sufficient knowledge of how those soldiers operated and how human behavior works. I will apply my response in and say this is the only solution that will happen in such scenario and with that the argument is won.

I've seen and been to army/marine training, and personally know Lieutenants and Privates. The training is a joke. Much less the people that typically join.

I'm going to go ahead and say that you don't know what you're saying. I already conceded the argument to my favor.

Was going to say empire earth...
But I'm not sure
youtu.be/uRFChiJUg1A

Would you say the Romans were well disciplined and well trained? Did they not train to fight in formation? This would mean they would fall into formation under stress, not break formation and charge. This would go against their very training. Like I said, soldiers are not insane uncontrollable berserkers that blindly charged major threats except for maybe a few rare cultures where that was sought after. This has nothing to do with how modern soldiers behave, nor modern thinking. Your original response was retarded. They were not backed into a corner, they had no idea what the capabilities were or what was in store for them. They had room to retreat as well, thus the whole backed into a corner argument is nonsense. What they experienced was something completely new and alien to them. You are applying a false scenario being forced into a corner that does not reflect what happened. I have seen Central and South American videos, and they behave the same. The flinch and run from gunfire just as anyone else would. They do not suddenly get shot at and charge at the gunfire immediately. At the very basic level, people try to gain an understanding of what is happening first which means at the very least a momentary pause. Only the highly trained (that means trained to deal with modern firearms) immediately draw and return fire and move to cover.

Refer to this post for the most likely scenario happening in that scene, anything else is fantasy.

Why is that gen kill gate vid so Kino? Where can I get more shitposts this premium?

Gate, its pretty good if you look at it as a political thriller and ignore the 2 scenes where the chick in the op fends off swords with a bayonet.

modded skyrim

It's all fantasy you retard. Your scenario is also fantasy because this scenario would never happen, and even if it did your particular scenario is about the least likely thing that would happen.
Here's what would happen, anything else is fantasy. The legionnaires are ordered to apprehend the girl. They form up. She shoots, their vision goes blurry, and their skulls start to vibrate and their ears start painfully ringing. They no longer can clearly see her or hear each other and become heavily disoriented. They need a second to tactically analyze the situation or engage in immediate fight or flight. Since they're at 20 yards, she is actually out of the effective range of thrown pilum and even if she were within range, they would go wild under gunfire. Before pretty much anything else can happen, they're basically all dead because the Howa fires at 500 rpm.

Are you retarded?

Refer to this post for the most likely scenario happening in that scene, anything else is fantasy.

Oh no, it really is retarded.

Attached: Oh+no+its+retarded+_5f2707633c30ab70fd7c1bb566b088da[1].png (270x257, 3K)

Man I don't give a Fuck how well trained Romans are, when they have the crack of a automatic rifle bust their ears that they never experienced they ain't doing shit

Refute me argument directly instead of forwarding me the same reply you coward

Imagine having to double down this hard on something so blatantly wrong in futile hope that people will stop responding and the embarrassment will go away.

It's because Generation Kill perfectly encapsulates the bored soldier goofing off and can be dubbed over soldiers from pretty much any era. As to where you can get more, there used to be more on YT, I guess they must have been DMCA'd for either the GK audio or GATE visuals. That or they were only posted on /wsg/, so you'd have to scrape the archives to find them.

Attached: D9R__cHXYAAQwHn.jpg (1326x1122, 148K)

You could just save yourself the embarrassment and leave the thread. It's not like you watched Gate or know of any video games like it. You're just here to embarrass yourself.

doesnt seem like there is a whole lot of games here op

Attached: 573px-Soldier_gran.png (573x600, 155K)

Save me some time. Is this an isekai anime?

Save yourself in general, read books instead of watching anime which is a complete waste of time, and possibly lowers your IQ.

Shit too good. I can see more shitposts made in this format with other media like the old machinima days. Although I still yearn for an anime to encapsulate this feel

Yes

as thick as it can be while not making it impossible to carry for very long, which means that they are not made from metal at all, merely reinforced with metal. roman scutii were made from wood with metal frames and bosses.

STOP

>read books instead of socializing or hitting the gym

Based retard poster

>noone throws a spear or any other weapon
>noone bum rushes the child
>noone thinks to do anything at all
>they all stand there and take it

Why would anyone watch this power fantasy wankery it's not even remotely interesting

>Wizardry 6-8
>several might and magic games
>empire earth
>civilizations
>Modded skyrim
>Turok kind of
>Terraria
>Starbound (but dont)

Unless you really have good friends, which you probably won't, reading books is going to be superior to the average way most people socialize today, if it were mature adults then yes it helps, though it doesn't invalidate that reading books is superior to watching something as horribly bad as anime. Hitting the gym is a most to most men in today's age. I would even say it's a necessity. So do all three.

>pilums have an effective range of 15-20 meters
>Legionnaires fight in formations, they're not barbarians
You should join the spamming retard poster

Don't try to make sense of these moronic shows. As a matter of fact, don't get trapped into having a logical argument with people that know nothing about history or how military warfare worked in the past. Case in point the sub-human that replied to you, don't fall for it.

>don't get trapped into having a logical argument
versus an illogical argument
>the
one of many

Attached: Howard.png (395x438, 312K)

Thank you based poster

I was actually replying to him with an argument

Attached: samurai ok.png (903x713, 326K)

>Explorers/colonizers
Not saying this is the only reason, but I don't imagine a large percentage of the natives would have had guns

>There is nothing that would lead anyone to believe that soldiers from an older era would immediately charge at gunfire at the first encounter of it whilst getting slaughtered.
The main problem with your argument is that these are not Roman soldiers. These are isekai-not romans who are literally returning from a battle with a necromancer who used a staff to de-skin entire squads at long range and before that they fought a dragon the size of a city. No. Your waifu firing a rifle isn't going to scare them. Firing a rocket launcher at them isn't going to scare them either because wand-o-fireball is what they deal with every day. Just an magical bullshit fucker to be put down.

Your iq has to be pretty low already to even consider reading the light novel.

>people arguing that they should have rushed the shooter

Attached: antibully_ranger.webm (853x480, 2.86M)

What anime, seems based.

>Watch intro with the understanding it's wank fodder
>Random nerd starts doing shit like a wannabe millie
>Gets made a leftenant for helping civilians
What the fuck?
>Turns out he was actually off-duty JSDF and is a huge fucking nerd in his off-time
Oh right, now I'm much less annoyed.

Attached: I_AM_GROWING_SMUGGER.png (419x391, 176K)

Underrated

It's this fucking faggot again

>murricans and time travelling romans getting triggered hard
Fucking based