How will they top it?

How will they top it?

Attached: Screenshot_20190622-035018.png (436x714, 531K)

by having a good single player

Super Smash Bros Ultimate 2

keep all characters & stages in + newcomers/new stages
add adventure mode

Gutting the roster. Replacing a lot of the gutted characters with brad new characters. If they ever manage to get the online right that'd be huge too. I'd say return of a proper adventure mode, but I doubt that'll ever happen, or that it'll be good as Smash at it's core doesn't have proper mechanics to make an enjoyable campaign.

I'm gonna wing it and say the next console's smash will be an upgraded Ultimate port with more content. Some more newcomers/stages, some new modes, a couple of AT's get upgraded into fighters, the DLC franchises (Persona, Banjo, etc) get some new music/bosses/assist trophies/Palutena's guidances, and that'd be about it. With how well Ultimate did, I can unironically see it being a possibility.

Kys cutfag

I can't see it happening. The only reason MK8 and all the subsequent ports happened were because the Wii U was a complete disaster.

Do you think that by the time the switch is on its way it that it wouldn't need an engine overhaul entirely?

Sakurai has already said that the next game likely won't have as many characters

Attached: img(10).png (119x150, 15K)

>Better single player: More cutscenes with character interactions for those enjoying that, more bosses, actual platforming stages or more variety as a whole. Something like Subspace, but more context sensitive: The implementation of things like timed races to the finish in Halberd before it explodes or some things like that could be a good way to diversify everything.
>Better online infrastructure in general
>Smash Run, or some sort of City Trial-esque spin on the Smash formula to further engage people who aren't that much into fighting. Even Smash Tour had potential.
>The return of the 3 iconic minigames, with also the ability to make your own BtT/BtP stages & share them online.
>Proper aerial momentum like in Melee: This would render approaches more versatile which can be a good thing, along with many other benefits. Changes like in Melee are somewhat controversial but I don't think this one is, or has any reason to be.
>Bring back Trophies: They're pretty neat, charming additions to the game telling you about all these characters, and often giving certain characters their first 3D render.
There may be more i'm forgetting

by adding shirtless alts for Ike Richter and Snake

>Bring back Trophies: They're pretty neat, charming additions to the game telling you about all these characters, and often giving certain characters their first 3D render.
fucking this. spent half my time in melee looking at trophies and reading the descriptions also looking up peach's dress and other female characters and fapping to them (i was like 10 or 11)

They literally can't. If the roster isnt at least as big as ultimate's it'll be considered a downgrade no matter what else they add. They've added so many of the big names that they can't even appeal to other fanbases. Who gives a shit if they add Isaac if they also have to remove Cloud? Smash sells on its roster, so you can't sell a smash game with a smaller roster.

Make it a 2.5d fighter

bring back stuff like adventure mode, trophies, coin launcher, break the targets, etc.

Did anyone ever rip the trophies online so we can view them in high quality on our PCs? I'm not even sure if that's a thing that's possible but it'd be a damn shame to have all those cool 3D models stuck on Wii U

Also, this is a good place to start.

Attached: cut.jpg (1616x2990, 1.45M)

By going ALL the way with third party picks

Attached: nintendo_vs_sony_vs_microsoft_by_supersmashbrosgmod_d867lqt-pre.jpg (1032x774, 103K)

If there was anybody being cut from smash especially 3rd party, it would be Cloud right away with Snake behind him.

They'd probably also get rid of all the semi clones and echoes considering Lucas got cut in smash 4's base roster.

Attached: 1534655421549.gif (600x338, 2.03M)

By adding the first fourth party character

Attached: 1558680205512.png (400x400, 131K)

>Did anyone ever rip the trophies online so we can view them in high quality on our PCs? I'm not even sure if that's a thing that's possible but it'd be a damn shame to have all those cool 3D models stuck on Wii U
I'm sure it's possible. I just hope someone does it or has done it. Too lazy to look it up though I'm busy playing Ratchet & Clank (2016) even though I fucking hate it

My remaining dream roster would be "obscure" weeb shit, so I think these two plus maybe a Crash/Spryo would be the only thing that could reach Ridley/K.Rool/Banjo hype. I guess maybe Geno/Isaac because of autists.

based bubsposter

>Cutting fucking Olimar, G&W and Rob before Wolf and Corrin
>Not going back to basics and only having Marth and Ike

Attached: 1531218654467.jpg (540x720, 49K)

Port Ultimate (Or at least re-use its engine, characters, stages, assets ect) and add more. Include the rest of the old stages and then focus on more online modes. I thought stage morph and squad strike looked awesome until I found out you can't use them online.

cutting:

dark pit
daisy
corrin
incineroar
dr. mario
richter
young link
Lucina becomes a skin

adding:
>10 new chars and a real adventure mode with cutscenes

Attached: 457464375.jpg (507x438, 91K)

Corrin in unique. As is the rest of the Fire Emblem cast aside from all of the Marth clones.

also, cutting pichu and dark samus

Probably
Here's the ripped trophy of Warrior Mech Gauss, the main mech of Chosoju Mecha MG, a DS Japan Exclusive Mecha game. Although it was 3D, Brawl's trophy render remains the best looking.

Attached: warriormechgauss.png (750x650, 183K)

>Cutting fucking Olimar, G&W and Rob before Wolf and Corrin
Agreed, why would you cut Olimar
>Not going back to basics and only having Marth and Ike
tbqh, I'd argue Marth/Ike/Robin is the perfect trio. Corrin's kinda lame, and the other three are literal Marth clones.

>I guess maybe Geno/Isaac because of autists
I have a feeling most people who want Geno in don't really know who he is or have ever even heard of SMRPG, it's cultivated this weird long-running obsession with him being in smash

gow and halo are shit series though with no nintendo history.

>no nintendo history.
Are we still using this excuse?

the only character in smash with no nintendo history is cloud, and that's a special case because final fantasy has nintendo history of course. besides, cloud has at least appeared on nintendo beforehand thanks to kingdom hearts.

kratos and mc have 0 nintendo history.

(reduce the number of FE characters though)
Make Zero playable,Alucard playable,Shadow or/and Knuckles playable,Isaac playable, Geno playable,Chun-li playableJibanyan playable,Spring Man playable, Shovel Knight playable, Captain Syrup playable, Ghirahim playable,Wonder Red playable,Dante playable, Ryu Hayabusa playable, Captain Syrup playable, Viewtiful Joe playable, Break the targets & old modes back

Only Mario and Luigi will be playable in the next and they'll only fight each other

Starve the community for several years and release the same game again for the next console. You know the classic Nintendo style.

>Smash Ultimate+
>everything in Smash Ultimate
>rest of the missing stages
>actual new stages for existing series
>missing modes like Home Run Contest, Smash Run, and a real All Star mode
>actual good new modes
>at least spirit desciptions
>rosterfags can eat shit since 90% of Ultimate was dedicated to this bullshit
>better unlockables (I feel like the game would have been better with less shit already unlocked from the start)
>just more new content besides characters for once
I hate Ultimate as a sequel but it's a good base. But I know this wouldn't happens since Sakurai is so against enhanced ports. And he'll be at the helm until he dies. Realistically we'd get a revamp down the line with a severely cut down roster.