Metroid

Can we have a comfy Metroid thread?

I want to discuss the series as a whole but also Prime 2 specifically as I replayed it recently for the first time in years.

Thread theme:
youtu.be/eZGvBEDo5vk

Attached: 8bcf8b132315adb643aa5a6398504510f8ae1a02.jpg (812x989, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Snp8P22NzVE?t=255
youtube.com/watch?v=lZJm7TrEr5I
youtube.com/watch?v=3nKfBcmu7CU
youtube.com/watch?v=HTkmcVCOKZc
neogaf.com/threads/let’s-look-at-gaming’s-most-ancient-epic-revenge-story.649215/
youtube.com/user/philstephes/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=y3Iht5RjKvE
youtube.com/watch?v=05pNtAVUF5E&list=PLZS_o9tqWHmJHGmuQRRkfiqhgZIApfLXM
youtube.com/watch?v=qMI1-DDklqE
youtube.com/watch?v=7UuynalGJ2c
youtube.com/watch?v=C-hZcvmiIMI
youtube.com/watch?v=mziw3FQkZYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can't start a metroid thread with an image like that. You're just going to attract him

I've never played a Metroid game before but I'm interested in the series. Is there a recommended playing order or should I just go by release date?

I always say to try Super or Prime 1 and go from there.

remodel

I feel like I'm literally starving for a new Metroid game. Particularly because I'm one of those few autists who actually give a shit about the story and want to see where the hell it's going to go after Fusion with Samus having Metroid DNA and being a fugitive from the Federation.

Replayed through Super Metroid recently, still as good as I remember though apparently I am not, I found myself dying a lot more often than I did when I was younger. I need to replay the Prime Trilogy though to get hyped up for 4, I hope it manages to maintain the same quality as 1 and 2.

Attached: 1528840153135.jpg (400x360, 22K)

Zero Mission is canonically the first game and also the easiest to pick up and play. After that Prime is next in the timeline, but just play Samus Returns or Super.

Metroid: Zero Mission for the GBA is your single best possible starter, it's a very solid remake of the first game. Super Metroid is better but I think you lose out on a bit of the experience by not playing the first game first.

These are the definitive side-scrolling Metroids. Metroid Prime is also extremely good but as a FPS I don't think it's the best representation of what to expect from Metroid as a whole, though it is also something completely worthwhile trying out first if you're looking for something different. Keeps the same atmosphere, exploration themes just from a different perspective.

Hello ACfag. I'm saying this early in advance.

Prime 2 is alright, but I do feel like it's a noticeable step down from Prime 1 in terms of design and polish. It's a usual case of a sequel trying to outdo the original by being bigger and weirder and inadvertently losing some of the better qualities of the original by doing so. Beam ammo shouldn't have been a thing. The temple key hunt near the end was tedious. Some of the environments were labyrinthine enough to make me want fast travel in the game. It's still cool, but a bit cumbersome at times.

>I'm one of those few autists who actually give a shit about the story and want to see where the hell it's going to go

Don't worry user. You're not alone. The wait is killing me. I had hope that they would reveal Metroid 5 this year at e3 to hold us over while Prime 4 is being developed. Oh well

Attached: f3b60cdedfb0da387d64d8bc4f10902115edbfd8.jpg (850x1117, 141K)

I wish the keys in Prime 2 were just a little easier to find naturally through play. It feels a little unnecessary to go back for that many.

You can play whichever you want really, as they're not too story heavy or connected, however the strongest entry points are Super (often considered the best and original of what is 2D Metroid today and what inspired a lot of the Metroidvania genre), Zero Mission (most friendly to newcomers but not quite as pure in its concept as Super) and Prime 1 (a very good take on the concept being taken to 3D and the start of the Prime Trilogy which is a consistently solid subseries)

>Wants a comfy Metroid thread
>Starts with a ZSS pic
user, you have to have known this was a bad idea

Having played through most of the series at the tail end of last year I'm actually pretty invested in the setting. Not so much the "story" since I feel like most of the major stuff is reasonably closed off (baby Metroid plotline, Dark Samus plotline, SA-X). But each of those make for mighty interesting elements to the setting and I'd like to see what's next in that regard. We know it's Sylux related at least, which is interesting.

Attached: DgaLD7KXcAEysxA.jpg (900x1200, 254K)

I really hope they don't just do away with her being made an enemy of the Federation. Given her past services I COULD potentially see them pardoning her actions in Fusion given she's saved the galaxy before, but I would much prefer the corrupt higher-ups put out a massive bounty for her and only a few loyalists in the system do what they can to cover for her.

What I'm interested in is what Samus means to do. Does she care enough about corruption in the Federation to try and do something about it, take it down? Or would she just be on the run wanting to try and do her job as a mercenary for hire? What scenario would be best for Metroid 5 now that the Pirates AND the Metroids have been wiped out more or less for good now, the Federation is still just mostly people so I don't think you can have a game take place on a Federation world with Samus slaughtering troopers. Robots maybe but only robots might get a little boring.

>Sylux
I feel bad, I consistently keep forgetting he's a thing since Nintendo hasn't brought him back yet. He would be a perfect big bad for a game were the Federation to hire him the task of hunting down Samus after Fusion.

Attached: 1529090662062.jpg (1958x3065, 2.65M)

Zero Mission is peak Metroid, better than Super Metroid. I think the hardcore SM fags rank Zero Mission just below SM because ZM is a little hand-holdy with telling you where to go, but nowhere near as linear as Fusion or that shitty Samus Returns remake. I still pop in ZM a couple times a year for some quick runs because it has the best pacing I've ever seen in a game.

Cute girls attract anons and the thread usually doesn't die right away. I've been here long enough to know that much. In my experience not starting the OP with something like "OH NO NO NO" or "What are some games with _____?" and using a cute girl as your image leads to better discussion. I'm not sure why but it's always worked that way for me

Attached: 89fac42a7a0f0f61c0af25e0b71abc13cf3e1549.jpg (2337x3451, 548K)

Not that user you replied to but, I have absolute not issues with starting off a thread with a cute pic or posting more cute pics. Samus is beautiful. And I think we've got good discussion going.

>Samus Returns
>shitty
I thought it was completely serviceable, it wasn't ground-breaking but I liked the implementation of the new power ups (felt like they were consistently useful throughout the game, not just a few puzzles) and without having played the original GB SR going around hunting down each Metroid felt satisfying, what did you not like about it?

Attached: 1529089375587.jpg (1400x1600, 202K)

When is 4? Or the supposed prime trilogy for switch?

>When is 4
I'm willing to bet money it'll be on Switch's successor. So no time soon.
>Prime Trilogy for Switch
I don't recall there being any plans for this but if Nintendo was smart, they'd do it.

I've never played a Metroid game but I wasted so much sperm on Samus it's insane.

Attached: samus 74625062_p0.jpg (1091x1200, 101K)

Prime 2 is one of my personal favorites. It may not be the most fun to play in series but I really like the atmosphere they were going for. I realized something interesting. A-Kul the Luminoth champion had all of her weapons stolen, this much is apparent. Each of her gear were taken up by a specific boss. Particularly the primary area bosses, Amorbis, Chyyka and Quadraxis. They hint at the meteor impact being a Leviathan, but we never encounter the impact and the result of creating a Dark Aether is pretty unique, and yet it was stated in a questionnaire that the toxicity of it's atmosphere was created by Phazon. Which if samus had kept her Phazon Suit from the first game, she probably would have had no trouble with Dark Aether, but hey metroidvania is about progression through gear pickup so can't have that.

Slightly hot take or maybe not:

The linearity of Fusion actually helped the second half of the game create an experience like no other game in the series. Because most Metroid games have to assume the player will do certain things in an arbitrary order, a lot of sections and set pieces in the series have to stand on their own and not serve as a buildup to others down the line. Fusion mitigates that by forcing a linear progression for most of the game, which allows it to slowly build tension through a predetermined sequence of events. By having the player get used to following Adam's orders and performing routine sweeps through individual sections of the BSL station, the game sets up expectations which it later subverts as the game progresses.

The first taste of this is during the Sector 5 meltdown section, but things get even more interesting from there. Where the game REALLY shines is the stretch of playtime between the station-wide power outage and the destruction of the secret Metroid breeding lab. This whole stretch of the game subverts the usual mission structure and forces Samus to take weird detours, fight unexpected enemies, discover unknown secrets of the station, and even begin to question and oppose Adam's orders. And to me, that's fucking brilliant. It's a great use of linear mission structure and storytelling to engage the player in later parts of the game through subversion of expectations. Considering I prefer games like Super and Prime to Fusion, I don't think I'd want the series to try and do something like this again, but I'm glad Fusion did. It was great in its own right.

Attached: metroid-fusion.jpg (699x702, 161K)

This user gets it.

Reminder that people who post zero suit are trannies and casuals who don't even like the series, they just jerk off to drawings like complete retards

>This whole stretch of the game subverts the usual mission structure and forces Samus to take weird detours, fight unexpected enemies, discover unknown secrets of the station, and even begin to question and oppose Adam's orders. And to me, that's fucking brilliant
Agreed, particularly getting Samus (and the player) to oppose orders, done in a pretty organic way.

>jerk off to drawings like complete retards
Whats the non retard/tranny way to jerk off to drawings?

I haven’t seen many people argue that, the linearity certainly helps the game build its own atmosphere. I just see people say they’re not a fan of the linearity, which is a valid opinion and inherently comes with the way Fusion is designed.

Play them, user and come discuss with us.

Attached: eb1788957e7fd5861bcba60d5c3ef9a822831b26.png (500x826, 332K)

How would you describe Samus' personality? I realize she's intentionally meant to be a bit of a blank slate so the player can fit themselves into her shoes, but I think there's absolutely some good characterization for Samus based on little things she does in cutscenes or based on actions she takes as a character, like Link or Doomguy

Attached: samus_pikachu.jpg (561x773, 204K)

They’re never gonna pick that story thread up because the only one who wants that shit is Sakamoto. If you want to see that story, just go watch Alien movies, because Sakamoto clearly wants the Federation to be Weyland-Yutani and he’s as much of a hack as Ridley Scott these days.

>on switch successor
Well fuck, no reason for me to get a switch yet then.

Maybe silly but I've always kind of thought of her as a female Master Chief. They even have similar backstories

>no parents
>joined/forced into military at an early age

They're both kind of stoic and do impossibly BADASS stuff in cutscenes.

It's kind of funny now that I think about it. Metroid and Halo are my two favorite series.

I think Samus is a guardian, first and foremost. After losing everything she had on her colony and being saved by the Chozo, Samus's first instinct is to protect others in need of protecting as she was. The whole reason she joined the GF at first was to save the galaxy in her own way, then when she realized she couldn't always go with their orders she became a mercenary to accomplish the same goal.

She's vulnerable enough to find herself scared or lonely on her missions, but her drive to protect gives her the courage to push on regardless. I think this ties in a little bit to her femininity as well, Other M absolutely shit the bed with the idea but Samus *is* very motherly when you think about it, taking in the baby Metroid when it had no one else to protect it and being particularly driven during SM to get it back, and acting like a protective figure to the galaxy at large to honor the memory of the Chozo.

Besides that, my interpretation of the rest of her character can be summed up as 'done with your shit'. Samus doesn't fuck around, takes her assignments very seriously unless she finds them morally apprehensive, and will ruin the day of any alien threatening her or the galaxy at large. The only thing I wish I could say more is what she likes to do in her off time, when she doesn't need to be a warrior. If she ever does take breaks from being a warrior.

Attached: __samus_aran_metroid_drawn_by_gonzarez__aeccc38ca865848502fe85dfd285922c.jpg (1260x1600, 225K)

>and being a fugitive from the Federation.
She's not exactly a fugitive, their relationships are just not in a good place
Well maybe if people didn't scare of Sakamoto we would have gotten more games

Yeah, admittedly it's a completely different kind of immersion from being stuck on some alien planet and exploring places on your own. Fusion chose to scratch a different itch than most Metroid games and the upside to that is a unique game in the series.

Attached: mzm_ending5.gif (240x416, 44K)

>She's not exactly a fugitive, their relationships are just not in a good place
Fair point, but I'd still like to see that expanded on. Samus has never had bad relations with the GF before now and it makes for a good source of conflict

It depends on how it's implemented.

I don't think the series would do well with a plot thread about being on the run from the feds.

Samus is hot, fag. But people who exclusively like Zero Suit get the bullet.
Also Fusion > Zero Suit

Is Retro Studios confirmed back in control of it?

I really would like to see a return to form, 3 sort of left an 'eh' taste in my mouth. I think they casualized it due to the Wii bringing in a massive new audience, I would like to see variable beam-types you can switch between return, different visors, generally all the stuff that made the suit in Metroid Prime feel like a real multi-versatile tool to let you navigate a hostile, alien world.

I'm also interested how exactly they'll do this without Phazon, which *should* be completely gone from the universe (but then again so are Metroids every single fucking game

Attached: mp4logo-800x450.jpg (800x450, 39K)

Fusion was a really weird revival for the series, honestly. I am glad that they went with something different, makes it stand out more.

>Is Retro Studios confirmed back in control of it?
Yes and it's also confirmed that they don't really know what to do with it

Stoic, professional, woman of few words. Tough-as-nails bitch, but has a soft spot for small critters that need protecting like the last metroid or Pikachu. Something of a loner since most people she'd consider a friend ends up dead.

Attached: samus.png (850x1200, 726K)

Like this
youtu.be/Snp8P22NzVE?t=255

>Yes and it's also confirmed that they don't really know what to do with it
Fuck. Well as long as there is no rushing them to completion, I feel confident Retro Studios will be given the time to come up with something good. And that whatever they come up with *will* be good. I realize longer development times don't always lead to better games (see Duke Nukem) but for competent studios like Retro I have faith.

Zero Mission, Prime and then Super/Fusion.

>Something of a loner since most people she'd consider a friend ends up dead.
she couldn't protect his smile

Attached: 200px-Anthony_Higgs_om_Artwork.png (200x405, 100K)

>"Is that all?"
>"Try me."
>"You're mine."
Samus confirmed top in bed. Thank God

Attached: 1528822866872.gif (514x510, 94K)

I only hope for something next year. Prime 4 and a potential Metroid 5 must be a medium sucess for more games later on. If they flop, this franchise is done.

Attached: 1560273609358.jpg (500x428, 111K)

But he survived

But none of his friends did. Besides Samus herself, I mean.

Attached: sad samus.png (1200x678, 246K)

Is it wrong that I want more archeology in all my games? from botw, to metroid, to Doom? I fear that I am asking too much, and always set myself up for dissapointment.

'More archeology'? Like, more ruins? What do you mean.

Counterpoint: i think it severely hampered replayability because the game had a tendency of locking you out of areas for no discernible reason. Sure, I don't believe it's impossible to miss out on 100%, but a game based on exploration shouldn't railroad you so hard, even if it's for the sake of the story. On a personal note, I found the story to be a little cringeworthy. It's basically Other M before Other M, and it's stupid for Samus to blindly take orders regardless of her affiliation with the Federation. She should've started questioning the intentions of her liaison and his corporate masters far sooner into the game, like the moment she got the plasma beam.

I found that the quality of the level design itself makes it worthwhile to replay. Fusion is definitely one of my favourite Metroid games to speedrun.

The way they implemented wall jumping is irritating though. It not only hampers alot of older move mechanics, but you can tell it was deliberately done to keep sequence breaking to a minimum.

With Super Metroid, I'm still finding new ways around the maps, ways I had never found prior.

Sylux would look cooler with a leaner physique instead of the bulky one he has now, like pic related

Attached: 4e49c3fa-8e7b-446c-9a79-1d1221bfc0c3.jpg (1080x1080, 300K)

What is your feeling on requirements for secret endings / Samus out of suit?
>only need to worry about collecting power-ups, closer to 100% gets you better endings and you dont need to worry about time
>only need to worry about completing the game quickly, faster playthroughs get better endings without worrying about power ups
>some combination of both
>neither (and if so, what?)

But not by her actions.

Replace out of suit with a better ending, one that isn't reliant on thirsty virgins. Metroid Prime did it best with a sequel hook.

Oh yes, Super Metroid is definitely my favourite for casual replay. The amount of crazy shit you can pull off makes it an amazing sandbox.
But as an action romp, Fusion is great in its own right.

The GBA games did it best. Getting a variety of artwork for any%, low% and 100% as well as different times and different difficulty settings makes it gratifying to replay the games under various conditions.

It's got replay value by virtue of being one of the harder games for which to do low % percent runs.

>On a personal note, I found the story to be a little cringeworthy. It's basically Other M before Other M, and it's stupid for Samus to blindly take orders regardless of her affiliation with the Federation.
Oh please, it was nothing like that without Other M in the picture. Were you unfortunate enough to have played it after Other M or something?

>Oh please, it was nothing like that without Other M in the picture. Were you unfortunate enough to have played it after Other M or something?
I was just really turned off by Samus constantly taking orders. At that time I enjoyed Metroid Prime more, and only really used Fusion for the melted cheese suit you can unlock in Prime.

>It's basically Other M before Other M, and it's stupid for Samus to blindly take orders regardless of her affiliation with the Federation.
She's pissed about needing to do it from the very beginning and begins to go more and more off script over the course of the game in a rational way. I dig it.

do Zero Mission first. Controls are tight and its a remake of the first Metroid. It’s also on the easier side and will prepare you perfectly for Super Metroid.

Play PrimeHack!
youtube.com/watch?v=lZJm7TrEr5I
youtube.com/watch?v=3nKfBcmu7CU
youtube.com/watch?v=HTkmcVCOKZc

Attached: varia-suit.png (800x800, 596K)

I really, really liked Fusions. Playing thorugh both Fusions and Prime 1 back in the GC era was god like because Fusions gave you a breath of fresh air with a quasi-horror game and Prime was the usual exploration based game IN THREE DEE HOLY FUCK

Best Samus passing through. This is irrefutable

Attached: too perfect for this rotten world.jpg (567x789, 90K)

Did someone say... Metroid thread?

Attached: heavy-smile.jpg (256x256, 43K)

It got very hype when Samus herself finally speaks up outside of inner thoughts and monologues

What core on retroarch is good for running SNES games?
Also how do I transfer my ZNES saves over to retroarch? I got under 10 int

Attached: 75220343_p0.jpg (595x993, 135K)

>I was just really turned off by Samus constantly taking orders.
Samus has been taking orders from the GF since the first game, though. It's how she makes money. Besides, Fusion explains the situation well enough. She gets forced under Adam's bossy ass in exchange for the Galactic Federation saving her life and giving her a new ship.

>I was just really turned off by Samus constantly taking orders.
But it makes it all so, sooo much sweeter when you get to start doing things Adam and the federation doesn't want you to. Finding the secret routes and moving through alternate paths to avoid roadblocks designed specifically to contain you. The later half does very well to toy around with the narrative in the first half.

how can i fix the awful fov and the arm looking like is in the air?

Seeing Samus outside of the suit is not only a staple, it's some of her most humanizing moments to see there is a woman, a person, beneath the killing machine. If you're gay and dont want her in sexy outfits, fine, but you should definitely be rewarded with a glimpse of Samus in a more relaxed state outside her armor. Even Prime at least did the helmet.

Attached: Metroidzero06.png (240x416, 36K)

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy her essentially giving the middle finger to the feds around the second half. I just kinda wish that second half came sooner. The first portion of the game is kind of a drag. It's like the first half of Hollow Knight before you get wall jumping and double jump and all those cool movement mechanics.

Attached: Untitled.png (624x576, 634K)

>Samus Returns
>shitty
Only thing shit here is your taste fag

I like the Manga's interpretation. A string woman that needs a good old cry every now and then.

Attached: metroid_v2_ch10_12.jpg (614x900, 244K)

Prime showed that you don't need the suit. Just seeing her face after the mission is more than enough. Would you fault it for that?

It's not just narrative, which is part of what I believe makes it work so well. Metroid Fusion does a great job of desegregating gameplay and story.
The threat of the X is represented very well through the deteriorating state of the station as the story progresses. And the idea of going off the Federation's radar is represented clearly by skipping the elevator ride to the main deck whenever you visit a new area and just going through shortcuts between areas directly.
As far as a story-driven Metroid games I think this is the best way it could go.

I'd like to see a game where you play as Samus doing other, more mundane mercenary jobs to make a living.

>desegregating
I think "merging" or "unifying" was the word you were looking for.

Attached: 1513290237079.jpg (1024x512, 199K)

NO
SHE'S RESTING UP FOR MOTHER BRAIN
REEEEEEE

I'm pointing out the "gameplay/story segregation" problem that a lot of games run into but I suppose that would have been a less autistic way to phrase it.

>mouse + keyboard
gay. If there is one thing I regret selling my MP1 and MP2 gamecube copies, besides the fact my MP1 metroid game was a day 1 copy with all the glitches and exploits, when I got the Trilogy was that it didn't support gamecube controls.

>gay

Have you never used a KBM on a shooter before?

You've been too long in TV Tropes

I have, plenty. I still wouldn't like Metroid prime with that because we have a fucking LOCK ON for a reason. Tons of movement is based around said lock on and to lock on to targets on a M+K is just awkward.

Like, don't try to fix something that's not broken.

It would basically be Federation Force but with solo Samus. No thanks.

No, but I wouldn't want it to become the norm either. The rest of the armor coming off is the definitive 'its finally over' moment for both the player and Samus, the battle won and a moment to take off your jacket/tie and relax. Taking off only the helmet still implies a sense of battle-readyness, like shit could start up again at any moment, so it doesnt come off quite as comfy.

Attached: 8cf.jpg (1280x1468, 445K)

Federation Force had a neat idea. Shoehorning Mii and Mii aesthetics was the the worst possible thing they could have ever done. Holy fuck, had the game had a more gritty atmosphere to match Metroid it would have done well as a spinoff.

I'm using snes9x and haven't run into any problems so far.
If transfering your safes for snes games works exactly the same, which I guess it does, just copy them from the znes saves directory to the retroarch saves directory, change the name to the exact name of the rom and change the ending to .srm

I didn't enjoy the gameplay, and that's the real issue IMO. IDGAF about the chibi artstyle.

>I still wouldn't like Metroid prime with that because we have a fucking LOCK ON for a reason.
Lock on was a limitation as a result of hardware that couldn't properly emulate PC shooters. If it makes for a better game, why not get rid of it? It's the same reason why I dislike auto aim in other console shooters.

>Taking off only the helmet still implies a sense of battle-readyness, like shit could start up again at any moment,
I personally like that feeling. Samus has never truly had a moment to rest, so it would be cool for her to always have the suit ready, as if she knows that she's not gonna get a break any time soon.

her taking off the suit too early was kind of what screwed her over in Zero Mission.

neogaf.com/threads/let’s-look-at-gaming’s-most-ancient-epic-revenge-story.649215/

Alright I'll go try that and see if that works, if not I'll just get snes9x, thanks.

Attached: 65347373_p1.jpg (866x1209, 444K)

You can set it to the original

Kill or save the animals?

Attached: 1536407848275.jpg (250x245, 8K)

>Lock on was a limitation as a result of hardware that couldn't properly emulate PC shooters. If it makes for a better game, why not get rid of it?
Here's the problem. While it indeed was a solution to result a limitation, it ultimately became the foundation of the game play and the controls are part of why Metroid Prime is so good. Scanning, Visors, Ghetto Jumps, etc. You're essentially butchering the game's mechanic just because you want this unique console game to play like the PC version of call of duty?

great, ty. gonna try it when i get back at my home.

whatever, it doesn't even count towards the %

This dude is remaking MP as a PC game

youtube.com/user/philstephes/videos

My first engagement with Metroid was Prime Hunters. It hasn't aged well given the limitations of its platform, but I thoroughly enjoyed exploring the Alembic Cluster and learning about the lore of a dead civilization. The atmosphere was on point.

If Prime 4 is anything like Hunters, I'll buy a switch just to play it.

>You're essentially butchering the game's mechanic just because you want this unique console game to play like the PC version of call of duty?
Why is that a bad thing? You can still use GC and wii controls for Metroid Prime, I'm not saying they shouldn't exist. However, I'd love to see PC controls fully adapted to the series. think of it like the jump Metroid made when it went to 3D. People were skeptical, but look how it turned out.

Potentially, next years e3 could be even better than 2017.

only trannies care about the tranny convention

Yes, but more i suppose the right way to put it is I want narrative storytelling to take a backseat to enviromental story telling. Metroid is always pretty good at this, but botw severely needed it. I enjoy drama as much as the next guy, but with some characters it may backfire. I guess i just fear that we'll get another Other M.

>Pirates AND the Metroids have been wiped out more or less for good now
You know that's not true user, the Chozo will be the main antagonist of Metroid Dread and Pirates and Metroids will most likely be in the game, there was never any indication that Pirates were gone for good and Metroids always get brought back.

>Metroid Dread
>flopping
This isn't the 3DS user.

>I personally like that feeling. Samus has never truly had a moment to rest, so it would be cool for her to always have the suit ready, as if she knows that she's not gonna get a break any time soon.
I can get that, and you bring up a point that her taking it off too early almost got her killed in Zero Mission. But regardless of how much shit she has to deal with, beneath the suit Samus is still very much human. I think Samus deserves, and indeed even would want, moments completely free of the suit. To be able to breath and feel like she's earned a bit of time to herself, and I think it's a good reward to let the players see her in a relaxed, vulnerable and moment.

Attached: inside the morph ball.jpg (480x480, 57K)

Why do people think Chozo are extinct? The manga shows that there are quite a lot of them alive.

>I think Samus deserves, and indeed even would want, moments completely free of the suit.
Isn't that what the manga is for? Look at the Flintstones for example, the comic was almost obscenely depressing and really gave the characters depth and insight, in a way you would never imagine possible, but it'd be ludicrous to try that with the cartoon. It would feel almost out of place.

Attached: axsR2QlZxRq936A17OoJPHmJlUQ49qP8w3yYcl9gmvw.jpg (960x556, 166K)

That's being dishonest. They actually have an idea considering the fact that they made a prototype build and presented it to Nintendo, which was approved. Now they're just putting together the pieces of their team because they're in early development.

do you think Prime 4 is going to have more traditional shooter controls since the switch actually has two analog sticks and multiple triggers?

Have you ever played any of the other games

I do not know.

Gyro should be an OPTION, but I do want regular controls. I've bought about 5 controllers with gyro in them, and every single one conked out on me and stopped working. I dont' want that to be mandatory.

It would feel out of place because the comic and the cartoon have entirely different tones. The cartoon is soft-hearted entertainment, the comic is a parody that builds off of ideas from the cartoon in a more mature light. The manga and the video game share the same over-all theme and tones, characterization as seen in the manga (if presented consistently unlike Other M) would work fine in the games. However this is all even besides the point because the games, even without the manga, have already been showing Samus outside of her suit after the battle has been won and taking a breather. You don't have even have to read the manga to get humanizing moments like that, it's a part of Metroid as is.

Man, I just want Samus to take care of these small bug fucks like she would take care of a baby Metroid and I don't know why
Just get her a terrarium full of magical bugs

Attached: 1553010435206.png (550x550, 20K)

Regardless, I think we could use a break from Samus being outside of her suit. I just like the thought of her relaxing, without it feeling like pandering. Prime nailed that perfectly.

>Void Suit
You know I'd take a crossover between Metroid and Hollow Knight any day
The question remains: would they be as small as actual bugs? or as big as the Luminoth?

Attached: 1556129280459.jpg (825x1200, 248K)

I'm going to be transparent and say I would like to keep the sexy outfits, not only because I enjoy the idea of Samus not being shy in her femininity despite being a total badass but because they look nice, but I would be willing to compromise with more helmetless shots and with more modest outfits like pic-related in her relaxed endings mixed in with the lot.

Attached: casual samus.jpg (669x1194, 77K)

Would it be to hard to ask the next metroid game is

Samus by herself
On a hostile planet
Filled with dangerous natives
And inexplicably appropriate weapons and suit upgrades

Samus prefers to don Trench coats.

Attached: metroid_v2_ch13_08.jpg (602x900, 219K)

What are some good SM romhacks besides Hyper Metroid?

>Is there a recommended playing order or should I just go by release date?

Super or Prime is a good start.

My only advice, never, EVER play Other M

while I don't care to much for most of the manga, it would be interesting to see more of the federation-aligned alien species
there are supposed to be a bunch of them but sofar we've only seen humans

>implying gdq came up with the idea of saving or killing the animals
I guess every single copy of Super Metroid in existence was just some romhack put together by a bunch of trannies that wanted you to arbitrarily veer off during the escape sequence and save a bunch of dumb animals.

Prime 3. they all died tho

Completely agree with you but what the other said is also true: it's an one hit wonder. Imagine if Fusion had a new game plus/hard mode where the game is completely non-linear after you beated it.

eh, only Rundas was truly a member of a species
Ghor was more machine than whatever it used to be and Gandrayda seems like a weird mutant rather than a common species
and even then we only saw him, would be neat to see some non human Federation staff

Weep for the hack that will never be completed.
youtube.com/watch?v=y3Iht5RjKvE

Just as long as it avoid Other M situations. I really, REALLY don't want that to happen again. Part of the reason why I hate Zero Suit is that it effectively took over the entire series, instead of just being something in the end credits.

There is so much fucking shit wrong with this fanfiction it isn't even funny.

It lives on through this hack.

youtube.com/watch?v=05pNtAVUF5E&list=PLZS_o9tqWHmJHGmuQRRkfiqhgZIApfLXM

>implying you even played the game when it came out
>implying it had a name
You can't hide from me, tranny. You get the bullet

Prime 1 imho. Fantastic game. the sequels arent nearly as good, but certainly worth a play.

I think samus is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and dosent afraied of anything

Attached: samis.png (411x561, 176K)

Imagine being this angry over an easter egg, just because a bunch of trannies make use of it to raise money.

She'll always be a female doomguy to me.

>implying implications
Now that's a tranny if I've seen one.

Attached: file.png (368x368, 64K)

Yeah, I agree appearing out of it consistently over the course of the story like in Other M would be way too much. I would say maybe *one* moment in the game such as in Zero Mission in the case of some shit going down, but otherwise I would also want it only prevalent in the end-credit scenes. I like the Zero Suit's design itself but over-saturating it throughout the game is a bad move. I think Samus Returns 3D is at least an indicator they've learned their lesson, it only pops up at the end there.

Attached: __samus_aran_metroid_drawn_by_nazonazo_nazonazot__sample-46fce66bf7bb5411ee5679cca5056d78.jpg (850x1208, 234K)

Haven’t played Metroid since corruption came out for the wii.

Anything good I can buy for 3DS or switch?

Is Samus a tomboy?

I rather she stays in the suit unless she dies or the player beats the game at a fast time, like most 2D Metroid games.

I'm hoping they learned their lesson, because I don't know what I'd do if they tried pulling this again. I already avoid smash bros like the plague because of it, and i don't even bother playing other games if I smell weeaboos near it. Just once I'd like a female protagonist who, while sexy, has other traits as well.

I'm afraid not. There have been no Metroid games released since Corruption, aside from the Trilogy, but that's just a collection of ports.

3DS has Samus Returns
the Switch has nothing

I enjoy it in Smash. I enjoyed it MORE when Zero Suit Samus wasn't selectable from the character screen, though, at least not without a cheat. Zero Suit Samus needing to be unlocked over the course of a match by using a Final Smash and then running around without the suit was fun, a weaker but faster warrior holding on until she can get her suit back.

I understand why they made Shiek/Zero Suit selectable but I liked how it was implemented in Brawl better. Zero Suit I think is supposed to be Samus in a bind, not her ideal form of fighting. Though on the plus side I DO enjoy knowing Samus kicks ass even without the armor, she's always been physically stronger than most humans. And she does keep her attitude going by her taunts.

Attached: ylter412sm311.jpg (2436x1125, 110K)

>this is a SUPER Metroid back
>Has a fucking talking mechanic out of nowhere

How does he do it Yea Forums?

Attached: 1470522459602.jpg (1100x724, 442K)

Zero Mission and Fusion. Played some of Samus Returns on Citra but wasn't engaged enough to play till completion.

>Though on the plus side I DO enjoy knowing Samus kicks ass even without the armor
This for me. It has no place in an ACTUAL Metroid game, would be completely inappropriate and out of place, but in spin-offs or other side games I would love seeing Samus fight outside the suit more.

>Samus's personality
Based entirely on the first game, II, Super and Zero Mission (everything after that is heavily tainted with Sakamoto's "motherly" THE BABY ADAM bullshit):
Samus is quiet and calm when on the job and prefers to work alone because she is -IN- a walking tank that virtually no one else in the galaxy can match. Despite her stoic nature, Samus knows her overwhelming power is almost entirely because of the suit powered by ancient Chozo tech; she is only a slightly above average human (with some avian in there) out of it.

Little to nothing ever actually phases her as long as Samus has the tools (suit) to handle it. Any psychological harm Samus may have suffered in the past have healed. While Samus may have been stricken with terror during early encounters with Ridley, that space pirate was just another target by the time of Metroid II (maybe earlier if you count the Prime series).

When not on a hunt, however, Samus is a relatively outgoing, extroverted person. Sociable, lively, sporty, not shy to show off her athletic body, prefers a quiet bar over a crowded club, has an urge to pet every cute animal she passes on the street. Despite all that, Samus is still distant from others, consciously so. She may have many friends and acquaintances, but is focused on high-risk low-survival-rate bounty hunting, anything more close than friends would be an extra point of risk and potential tragedy. There could even be an angle of celebrity status, Samus being a popular bounty hunter because of her exploits.

>Doomguy
In comparison to Samus, he is quiet and in control of his unbridled anger because he -IS- a walking tank. He has been killing demons for so long that he has gone laser focused on thinking of nothing but killing demons. Despite that, he retains his humanity and is careful not to hurt other people. He probably isn't really that far gone as to have become some mindless demon killing monster, but he just doesn't care about anything else.

Is he still the best Metroid villain?

Attached: ridley.png (1300x1300, 748K)

yes, even after the dumb shit Other M did

>Is he the best Metroid villain?
Here's your answer to that question

Attached: file.jpg (969x780, 407K)

Man, the Prime 3 / Smash U version of Dark Sammy is such a letdown. Prime 2 version was actually menacing

Attached: Metroid_Prime_2_Echoes_Dark_Samus.jpg (853x448, 86K)

>all of those Smash headcanons where Ridley tries to make the other fighters' lives a living hell

Yeah, although Dark Samus comes down close. It's too bad she's (presumably) dead forever.

You touch upon one thing I find really nice about Samus, the duality of her both being a loner and outgoing. Both make sense: Samus consistently works alone because often she alone is suited for the job, and keeps distance between herself and others both as a result of that and her having lost others in the past. But at the same time, Samus isn't the type to close herself off in her ship: she's athletic, not shy about her body, is seen enjoying herself outdoors, in cities and bars. She likes to go out and do things.
>has an urge to pet every cute animal she passes on the street
Also this

Attached: jola2Ne.png (640x3291, 1.92M)

how to get samus gf?
i'm working on fit and diet
steady job
an hero parent issues
socially a fail
gaymer

Attached: cutepet - samus aran.jpg (2851x2085, 1.02M)

Prime 3 is a pretty big let down, yeah.
If anything Smash Ult kept to a more organic look to things but I still prefer Prime 2.
I'm still mad there isn't a Prime 2 alt for Smash Ult, the organic look is rad as fuck

>She likes to go out and do things.

Attached: HGCSM_002e.jpg (480x1449, 124K)

Attached: ridley has a hobby.png (940x1360, 948K)

>All those smash headcanons of Ridley making fun of Lucas' dead mom
Delightfully Devilish

Attached: file.jpg (1784x1431, 95K)

At this point, yes he is, but mostly because he got no competition at the moment and of how the well the FANBASE characterise him. In the official media and in comparison to the main villain of other Nintedo's franchises, he's as bland of a villain as it get.
At least, his fights always delivers, and that's really cool and the most important thing for vidya games.

I'm really hoping Sylux don't end as a disapointement and play a major role in the futur of the franchise tho, now that DS is dead and Ridley was overdone and beyond.

Attached: d7a05dca4d26ac618b6f236b8b9ed7d.jpg (850x1205, 1011K)

>keep alive, still funny when I sit outside her window at night and mimic her mother's screams
That scamp

Attached: dead parents dance.gif (1280x693, 1.05M)

I know Chozo will be the main antagonist of Metroid Dread but I also can see the Space Pirates and Metroids being involved in some way. Does anyone believe X will also appear since they're connected to Metroids and Aeion Energy?

He's gonna have a rude awakening when he's gonna get to shulk

So how would she go about her day if she managed to find this little fucker hoping around her living space?
>inb4 crush it because it's a disgusting bug

Attached: file.png (800x611, 470K)

crush it because it's a disgusting bug

He is pretty cut and dry evil, but as an 'antagonist', he really does his job well. Few other characters has been this dedicated to ruining one little girl's life from killing her parents to killing her adoptive race (or at least helping MB to do it) to kidnapping her adoptive kid to just straight up trying to murder *her* every game, even coming back from the dead several times to do it.

Also, and maybe I'm reaching a bit on this, but I find it fitting how in a game featuring a character to break gender norms (the girl being the hero rather than the damsel in distress), her primary rival is in fact a dragon (which have a history of kidnapping said damsels)

Attached: 7e06203f16fc1ee73a89364d0047414f-700.jpg (1030x700, 91K)

but it just wants a parent

Attached: 1553014392176.png (633x433, 5K)

A bit of a blank slate. I think it'd be extremely wise to take a few queues after doomguy in characterization if you made a new game.
>silent, but expressive through animations
>more chill, mostly calm, but can become heated, has a temper that can exhibit itself in boss finishers and the like- think diggernaut
>isn't full on SMASH YOUR MONITOR mad when faced with shit like corrupt federation officials isn't an idiot, needs friends in the government, but more than willing to sabotage them to do the right thing while on the job

a cool, professional, business-minded woman who enjoys her work.

She's literally just a female Master Chief or should I say he's the male Samus, Samus has never been a Mario, Link, or le rip and tear guy. She's always had a personality and always talked. She's stoic, taciturn, honorable, caring, has a high sense of duty, wants to keep the galaxy safe not caring about money or her own safty, can be naive sometimes rushing to her death, always working as a bounty hunter with little breaks in between.

Is it wrong to have played all the 2D metroid games to completion and still think Samus is hot? Just wondering, since people seem to assume that samusfags are all secondaries

This. Samus has always been a “big sis” type of character. Zero Mission did this especially well with its narrative, and honestly imo the only games which didn’t do her at least some justice were Fusion and that other one we won’t name.

>Few other characters has been this dedicated to ruining one little girl's life
True that, but it's kind of shame in sense too. Despite being one of the most persistent antogonist EVER, he never played the role of the main baddy. he never rise highter than being the second of the true villain of the game despite being in every games of the franchise. Heck, sometime he's literally folder tier (fusion and ZM mostly).
He's always here and yet, rarely shine by himself and that's really frustrating.

Attached: 37679ed6d39328568a383e48c23eb027.png (628x890, 887K)

Super and Zero Mission are Sakamoto's writing, dipshit.

hopefully we get a prequel game about Samus' origin where Ridley is the primary antagonist

Did you not play Samus Returns, user? Ridley was the final boss in that one

The Manga version of Mother Brain would take it if that shit counted.
>Extremely personal ties to Samus, if Old Bird were said to be her adoptive father then MB is absolutely her adoptive mother. Was the one who personally infused Chozo DNA into her as a kid to keep her alive on Zebes, assisted in training her throughout her youth, had such fondness for Samus that she asked her to join her side during her takeover
>At the same time, grew outrageously jealous of Samus as the Chozo began to place their faith in her as the cosmos' savior rather than the rogue AI
>Was the real 'brains' behind the Pirates, even as far back as Samus' youth IIRC, meaning she even takes partial credit for killing her parents and exiling her bird family from their own homeworld
>Believes she is doing the right thing by following her original directive to protect the cosmos, isn't just evil for evil's sake
>Fits further into her 'mother' theme with her ultimate goal being the war between Pirates and the Federation weakening both sides until she can 'cradle' them, build them from the ground up as she sees fit for the galaxy

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-08-19-at-3.22.55-PM.png (1134x1204, 555K)

Yeah, but it felt kind of shoehorned don't you think ? he had 0 plot relevance and wasn't even the reason why Samus was here. he just shows up to fuck some shit up and wasn't even in the original game. His fight was dope as fuck tho.

I'm sure, he was basically throwed in there as a big fan-service moment , because SR was the first 2D Metroid in years.

Any game is good to start with really, none of them require knowledge of past games to enjoy.
Zero Mission is the first game in the series chronologically and a remake of the first game. It's metroid in its purest, simplest form.
Fusion is very linear if you want a more guided or story-based experience to ease you in.
Super and Prime 1 are also respectable starters if you want to see the best the series has to offer from the get go.

I guess yeah. Still hella cool tho, especially since everyone probably took for granted that the game would end at the Metroid Queen

Pretty much this. They even share lack of interest in sex and romance.

This

Attached: Ridley is a cunt.jpg (2048x1075, 327K)

I've started playing Prime 1 again, it still holds the torch of being one of the most comfy games I've ever played.

I hope the Metroid Prime Trilogy releases on Switch sometime in the future, I have a friend who really wants to play the Prime games but he doesn't want to deal with Wii controls, even if they are really solid.
I just want one friend who actually shares my love for Metroidvanias and doesn't drop a game after getting lost in the first two hours.

Attached: 1525583094689.jpg (1000x706, 639K)

Basically, canon Mother Brain did all of this except the wanting Samus to join her thing, since Samus never returned to Zebes again until she was an adult (Metroid NES/Zero Mission). I believe the rogue Chozo from SR built her which could be why she's rogue, she's following the Chozo's original directives to police the galaxy.

Nigga ALL Nintendo characters outside FE lack interest in sex and romance. And no, Mario chasing after peach means nothing.

how do I deal with the fact that Metroid is probably going to be the first IP I watch die before my eyes

Battletoads? Fable? F-Zero?

What a goddamned asshole

Attached: ridley.jpg (600x921, 72K)

Fable's coming back, don't worry.

Go shitpost about Paper Mario.

No. Like digging. Going to ancient sites with your plasma brush and bolt-driven pickaxe to excavate ancient Chozo ruins. You need to do this because this one powerup is stuck in the ground, and your regular equipment is too powerful and would destroy the gear if you tried to clear the way with it.

I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm planning to go through them all again at some point leading up to 4, but I'm really looking forward to Prime 1 the most. It had so many elements I thought was missing from 2 and 3 and really holds a special place for me. Nothing comes close to matching the isolation.

Attached: samus prime.jpg (850x1275, 187K)

>"c'mon Sammy, give me the baby or I'm gonna have to remodel your shithole"

Fuck off dude. Metroid actually got the courtesy of being revived and prime fucking 4 is on the (admittedly very distant) horizon. You know how many other dead Ninty franchises they had the decency to revive? I can’t think of a single one, and no, starfox does not fucking count. Pearls before fucking swine. Pearls before fucking swine.

Shame that she didn’t get to be in Brawl, would have made a lot more sense than ZSS

She'd probably win this fight if it was in Smash.

I was wondering how long this thread would go without TUUUUUUUBES

Attached: 5b5.png (589x726, 21K)

Does ZSS stand a chance against Ridley?

I miss tube posting. I don't think modern Yea Forums would understand. It's not a pepe or a wojak

>Smash
Yes.
>Canon
She's probably fucked. Literally.

here are some TUUUUBES for you bro/v/er

Attached: Space Pirate Tech Tree.jpg (2377x1947, 661K)

Prime 4 is fucking vaporware
So is Bayonetta 3 and SMT5 Nintendo fooled us all!

>AVOID
>keep alive, still funny when I sit outside her window at night and mimic her mother's screams

Attached: goodidea.png (700x1200, 33K)

I swear the lore changes from game to game: can anyone tell me how the Power Suit works? Is it hard light constructs or is it physically placed somewhere when Samus isn't using it? Is it alive/organic/part of Samus or is it all mechanical?

Attached: YyFZHtp.jpg (2610x1800, 662K)

I can understand not wanting to deal with Wii Controls. I decided to play through Prime 2 recently and while the Wii controls are as good as I remember them, I can't tolerate them like I used to. My arm was getting tired and I didn't like that need to continuously point at the screen. I wish my PC was powerful enough to run the Mouse + KB mod at high quality. Seems amazing

I think the special thing with Prime 1 is that, unlike 2 and 3, there is no Ultimate Goal or Big Bad set up from the start like Emperor Ing or Dark Samus, it's just an open ended scenario of Samus coming to a planet to stop Space Pirate antics and things just escalated from there.
There were no clear cut objectives for the entire adventure or an NPC who tells you want tasks need doing, it's just you exploring on your curiosity alone and the events of the game just unfold naturally with the progression.
Making the adventure and exploration feel natural is where Prime 1 really excels in my opinion.

It's kind of like Motoko Kusanagi for me.
She's definitely hot, but I respect her too much to sexualize her.

>but I respect her too much to sexualize her.
Good thing other people do so either way then huh nigga?

Attached: Same.png (925x1200, 787K)

No

This

she's for cute, not for lewd

Attached: 1529986693195.png (1131x1920, 2.03M)

Is the PrimeHack version of Dolphin meant for the GCN version of Metroid Prime or the Wii trilogy?

B I R D M A G I C

>Comfy Metroid thread.
No such thing when BOOST GUARDIAN exists.

>I swear the lore changes from game to game
Pretty much. It's like the Simpsons where Moe's Tavern can be either walking distance from the house or across town, all to fit the narrative or a one off joke.

Trilogy

Attached: prime2-2.webm (960x540, 2.85M)

STOP BEING A CHILD AND PLAY PRIME 2 HARDMODE ON GAMECUBE.
BEST FUCKING GAME EVER

>stoic and confident, knows her goals and gets what she wants
>sees herself as a protector of the universe, willingly risks her life just to keep the galaxy safe as its what she was taught by the Chozo and honors them by doing it
>doesn't have a lot of free time and mostly spends it working out
>works alone because of personal trauma/loss
>also not very interested in romance, a bit of a loner
>despite this she is great at communicating with others and is very pleasant to talk to
>good leader and can work in a team when the situation calls for it
>acts as a big sister to her colleagues as she likes to help and better those around her
>very strong physically and mentally, nothing can can break through her tough persona (maybe except for Ridley)
>not afraid to show her feminine side, embraces it even
>likes to act as a maternal figure, likes to help those that are weak/can't help themselves since her parents did the same for her when was a child aswell as the Chozo inspiring her to protect others
I also like the interpritation of her being femMasterChief

Attached: samus.png (1098x921, 254K)

Attached: tubes invisible.jpg (515x609, 43K)

BOOST
GUARDIAN

>works alone because of personal trauma/loss
>acts as a big sister to her colleagues as she likes to help and better those around her
Pick one.

Samus is canon wise hot.

I feel like ZSS as a concept existing resulted in armored Samus losing what little character she had in smash. In melee she had a sassy taunt and actually had a whacky off balance animation, little things that reminded you there was a person inside that suit which were neat. Starting with Brawl they've essentially done away with all that and now Samus is extremely boring, all her taunts are boring, all her animations are lifeless, etc.

I can at least say that now in Ultimate I at least enjoy playing Samus after Brawl and Smash4 did away with what made her fun in Melee, but I still wish she exuded a touch more personality like ZSS gets to.

Attached: 74590d51-f207-42c4-9f24-9ebc3e3d5f07.jpg (678x677, 79K)

fuck, I'll go with

Lad, I unironically fell for the autistic ship bandwagon. Samus will never be a good character for me again until she marries Doom Guy.
The sad thing is I'm not even joking.
Since I was a kid, i got triggered by "stronk, independent women", specially the ones who do male things like fighting aliens in futuristic battlesuits.
For the most part I could ignore this feel because I didn't wanted to be a mysoginistic bigot, but a void grew in my heart that I could not explaim.
But recently, I was presented with the ultimate vydia ship ever, I had an epiphany the momment I saw pic related. I thought: "Of course! That's what could fill the void!"
Yes, I knew this because, as a true Metroid fan, I can fully comprehend Samus. The void I feel is because she herself has a void in her heart, a void that can only be filled by Doom Guy.

Attached: c3c09f0e72c430ac8ea345981cefa07c.jpg (263x191, 10K)

>Pick one
Not him, but I'd like to think Samus puts up an aloof front and tries to go it alone most of the time, but more often than not finds she can't help herself when it comes to taking care of others and watching over them

Attached: D7_nKCJV4AAUZcB.png (756x898, 253K)

Sounds like you are going the Mary Sue route with how you want Samus to be, desu.
>SHE HAS A STRONG SENSE OF JUSTICE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS
>SHE COMMUNICATES WELL
>SHE MATERNAL

Why didn't they use the Samus Returns suit for Ultimate? Why does Nintendo masturbate their cocks over the Other M suit?

Attached: samus_returns__gravity_by_hybridmink-dbo72ye.png (840x900, 854K)

Nothing wrong with the boost guardian, it was easy as fuck, the only tedius one is the spider guardian, but even then its not the games problem, its mine.

Is it even possible to be as thin and feminine as Samus is and realistically be a bounty hunter?

Man I wish I was a thin, white girl with blue eyes and blonde hair

Attached: 12565492_10153781054681855_7859003615546681587_n.jpg (960x641, 71K)

>Thin
She's ripped

Attached: 1544659080746.png (2228x2148, 1.87M)

You need to grow and get out of the alt-right/antisjw youtube pipeline.
Gamergate ruined an entire generation.

she's Thin and Ripped

>Samus Returns suit
For me, it's the Varia Suit design from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Attached: mariano-castro-entenza-samus-varia-suit-final-renderrrrrr-174.jpg (1280x964, 303K)

I mean shit that's the gold standard of suit design, also the one everyone cosplays

Metroid fans, what are some other similar games that you enjoy? I've tried getting into Castlevania a few times now but it's just not clicking with me. Hollow Knight seems kind of good so far though, more reminiscent of Metroid.

We already got Dark Samus, can't have too much Western shit in there.

>I can at least say that now in Ultimate I at least enjoy playing Samus after Brawl and Smash4 did away with what made her fun in Melee
Not that user but not really a Smash guy: do you mean to say in Ultimate they gave armored Samus back some of that personality / movement you were describing from Melee?

How does Samus's suit work? Where does the energy come from and how doesn't it run out? What's in the shoulders that make them so big?

This would be my pick, honestly. Just as an alt.

This

I forgot my image

Attached: 63EB3EEB-1511-47ED-AED3-3CF93D9EBD5E.jpg (265x499, 24K)

Amen to that

Attached: Samus finds the Knight.jpg (2000x1500, 206K)

yes, this is based

This is correct. The games make it feel like she has a soft spot for the baby Metroid and the animals.

>I've tried getting into Castlevania a few times now but it's just not clicking with me

That's basically the only one for me. Castlevania and Metroid

Attached: 8791a579a2821353257352c64a4c6353ee166ec5.jpg (999x1636, 214K)

okay, so what's you interpritation of Samus?

She’s a stupid bimbo that just likes following orders and killing shit. Probably has rough sex with random guys she meets at the bar after a long mission.

>BOOST GUARDIAN
That boss is a joke, I don't understand why they needed him in the trilogy release. The only hard boss was the fish one because his hitbox is broken also the spider guardian boss isn't hard I just suck at timing my bomb jumps

Fuck off nuDoomfag and take your shit back to /pol/ fuck gamergate and politics, ruined America for me.

Attached: 1558929721290.jpg (350x276, 37K)

Attached: the_only_man_for_samus.jpg (1241x835, 223K)

>Metroid fans, what are some other similar games that you enjoy?
Weirdly enough, Metroidvanias like Castlevania or Hollow Knight are a big no for me, even if they're near 10/10. The thing that hooked me in this series was the Science-fiction/space opera settings. The whole "being alone in hostlile alien evironnements" scenario.
I actually have way more Metroid vibes coming from games like Dead Space 1 and 2, Prey or System shock, than any other Metroidvania games.

Axiom Verges looks good tho. Might try it someday.

Attached: d7a789be11a3912e1dfac615695a.jpg (850x970, 191K)

>emaciated Switch version
>ripped

Friendly reminder that Megamanfags, Doomfags and Halofags can fuck off with their bullshit and that's also true for any shipping faggots.
Sexualising is one thing, but your dumb fan-fictions garbage can go die in a fire.

Attached: 7739b264d8fb7d6e1c17556b7514959e.jpg (827x1168, 157K)

I see her as a wounded woman that desperately wants any form of love be it a parental figure like Adam or a child like the Baby. But she fakes being completely stoic and non-caring to push people away because she has lost so much that she is scared of losing people

God damn just get me something where Samus has a terrarium of Hallownest
I want to see her taking care of small, anthropomorphic bugs

Attached: 1537134561606.jpg (473x368, 25K)

No to both, sadly. In previous Smash games, you weren't allowed to charge you Charge beam anywhere but on the ground. In Ultimate, you can now charge it in the air, and this one simple change really frees up her movement in a very fun way imo, it's not as good as Melee's movement but it's still fun to mess around with

Attached: 1ea69326-bd75-46e6-8aac-e23c84cabe3f.jpg (1280x655, 200K)

Today I will remind them

Attached: doomslayer is a manlet.jpg (1191x1258, 197K)

Post Ridley fucking her

>Why does Nintendo masturbate their cocks over the Other M suit?

re-rusing assets

>Canon virgin.

Kill yourself comfyfag

Too bad

Attached: 1547440476306.jpg (546x1024, 86K)

It sucks that Other M essentially ruined what depth you could gain out of Samus and the baby metroid, the games will never be story focused and I would never want them to be, but that still sounded like a neat window into her more gentler side.
I remember as a kid after having learned Samus's backstory, I thought Samus didn't kill the last Metroid because she realized she would, in a way, be killing another child made by the Chozo, and she didn't want to end their legacy like that

Attached: 9f1d5211-333d-4433-8a61-fd34d11c0396.png (707x800, 295K)

Attached: engage ridley mother fucker.jpg (1009x1035, 78K)

Samus being cute with animals is fine and totally lore friendly, as long as it's not lewd.

Fart fetishist.

Exactly.
Now Sylux and Dark Samus, on the other hand...

Attached: 1543598373370.jpg (875x913, 45K)

if Samus wasn't occupied with being a bounty hunter 24/7 she'd make a great mother

>Samus being cute with animals is fine and totally lore friendly
She commits genocide on a daily basis though?

>discuss birth of a nation
lole

Haha, user. I hope you got some art, to back up your claim

Attached: 4qsd564dqd.gif (400x225, 934K)

Do you think that once Doomguy is done cleansing the universe of hellspawn, he'll be a housedad while Samus goes bounty-hunting to earn the bread?

Only one parisitic or extremly aggressive life forms. Even then she spare and get attached to a metroid larva and i believe the whole "save the animals" in Super is the canon ending.

Wholesome

I do

Attached: 1555812555389.jpg (800x800, 124K)

Attached: Samus and Vessel.png (404x283, 60K)

Attached: DvONWQ2VYAQXcsv.jpg (1200x824, 203K)

I’ve actually never played Other M. It didn’t look good and obviously it had terrible reception. I’m actually kind of curious though so I think I may give it a go.

It's the other way around

Can someone add doomguy in the background of the right-hand image?

Not just Doom Guy
but also Chief, and maybe even Megaman and the Knight from Hollow Knight

That comic is actually based on Brawl’s story mode where Samus encounters Pikachu, while she’s looking for her power suit. It’s a bit of a reference to ZM and SM

I'm.. honestly surprised at how comfy this thread's turned out. I didn't have high hopes considering the OP image.

just watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=qMI1-DDklqE

Other M's theater mode with two guys shitting on it MST3K style.

What? They're not 25.... wait.... neither is link. Wtf?

the whole world is a lie user, and everything is tumbling down

Attached: sylux.jpg (557x557, 31K)

Don't watch this. It's trash propaganda.

>crossover game
>2-player coop
>switches between side-scrolling Metroidvania during exploration/unlocking routes and FPS when you're in areas swarming with enemies
>in side-scrolling mode, Samus has to use her abilities to get through tubes and stuff to flip switches that help Doomguy
>Doomguy spends most of his time ripping and tearing, some areas they reunite and tear it up together

Doomguy never asked to be thrown into the mess of a demonic invasion. He just wanted to raise his pet Bun-bun in peace.

>samus shorter than doom guy

Just a post to say, pick related was kino as fuck and we need more of this.
I'm honestly still mad we didn't get a Metroid themed DLC in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Attached: MH4U-Metroid_Other_M_Collaboration_Screenshot_001.png (1280x720, 1.57M)

>Ridley doesn't consistently use the word nigger
>he in fact "coincidentally" meets a random black character every now and then in the mansion
>conversations always start off innocuous enough, he talks about his favorite films or music or offers to make food
>always enough so the other guy/girl lets their guard down
>he then proceeds to casually drop his opinions about "porchmonkeys" or "cottonpickers" or whatever word he's chosen that day with a smile on his face
>if that doesn't make them noticeably unconfortable, he continues to do so as he leads back into discussions about Birth of a Nation and his distaste for Rap, all while cooking up extra greasy fried chicken because "he'd assumed that was their preference"
>only after he's done this with everyone he could find and gained a bad reputation does he resort to casually dropping n-bombs when in earshot

>Don't watch this. It's trash propaganda.

>cutscenes taken directly from the game
>propaganda

now that's a joke.

Attached: sc_page020-021e.png (283x188, 31K)

>Samus being the shorter one
this will never not make me angry

yeah, somewhat surprising. I expected full on porn posting

>kino
post disregarded

Don't jinx it you retards

>non-critical commentary over the entire game including gilbert gottfried ridley in an attempt to say HAHAHAHA THESE GUYS ARE FUNNY THEY MUST HAVE VALID POINTS like a late night news host
>not propaganda
nigga u dumb

Hollow Knight and Rainworld are my top two favorite similar games
and I wish to see both of them in a Metroid game, but that will never happen

Attached: slugs and bug.jpg (400x248, 12K)

Don't YOU jinx it you megafaggot, I'm having a good time posting comfy hollow knight stuff in this comfy metroid thread

Attached: 1556587328034.jpg (1102x1756, 99K)

>but we have to uphold the protecter image of the malke partner

should I try hollow knight? heard some good things about it. is it a metroidvania?

>this is what nuDoomfags believe

Thats what i came here for but hey this is fine too

Definetly try it out, I consider it the best in terms of actual metroidvania-tier exploration, and likes of the Prime trilogy in terms of lore, detail and music.
It's also got great shitposting material and its good a good amount of challenge to boot.

Attached: The shitpost king.png (705x674, 383K)

>Wanting Doom Guy's wife to be taller than him
Degenerate cucks

I'm playing Hollow Knight right now. Yes, it's a Metroidvania. I'm not very far, maybe like three or four hours in? Though the player doesn't have a gun I think this game reminds me a bit more of Metroid than Castlevania in its tone, level design, enemy design, etc. It's not half bad so far. I say it's worth a shot, just don't go into it thinking you're playing the best game of all time like people say because it may sour your experience.

Right? It's almost as if such beauty cannot exist without being in the middle of an ocean of shit.

> Doom Gay's wife
She wouldn't even marry the little shit, he's too autistic to deal with.

It's more of a metroidlike than metroidvania since it doesn't have that many RPG elements. Fantastic game, one of my favorites in the genre. The art is fantastic, the boss fights are fantastic, the level design is fantastic, the story is fantastic. The movement is also great, unfortunately it starts out kinda slow because you don't walk very fast and you jump like you're on the moon, but it picks up once you get the dash and it REALLY picks up after you get the wall jump

Attached: infection_by_ko3lnha_dd29me8-fullview.jpg (1920x3456, 524K)

Yup is a great game, combat is mostly one note but its still good

Attached: 1560457863499.jpg (2048x2048, 435K)

youtube.com/watch?v=7UuynalGJ2c

Nah, he's just what happens when an average christian guy gets angry

>No porn
>almost every recent posts are about shipping, or fucking Hollow Knight
>Still no Metroid discusion

Is it really any better ? because as someone who don't give a single fuck about Hollow knight, this is pretty much as bad. At least i can fap to ZSS.

Attached: 1498859548788.png (1058x1080, 1.01M)

you don't have to like the subject bring discussed (which will naturally go from topic to topic), the point is that the thread's cozy with chit-chat, not everyone hanging onto their dicks for dear life, and shitposters are bring ignored and therefore minimized.

And that's why she wouldn't marry him, he's too autistic and she'll be disgusted how he treats people and the dead (not demons or zombies).

you're a fucking loser. there's been Metroid discussion throughout this whole thread.

there's not to that much that currently can be discussed regarding metroid, is there? furthermore, as said, nothing wrong with just some casual, comfy talk, you can't expect some groundbreaking theories/discoveries/whatever in every thread

What's your favorite power-up in any of the games and why is it pic related?

Attached: speed booster.gif (500x500, 406K)

>implying she isn't

Even if the thread is comfy, i expect Metroid discussion in the Metroid thread user, especially since, the first discussions ITT were really cool. Also, MetroidXHK stuff became really invasive lately. First it started in the Smash thread and now this.
i mean, don't you guys have the Silksong hype train to ride ?

hard to say. I really liked the concept behind the x-ray visor in prime 3 but it was underutilized

Different form, she's closer to Master Chief autism over le rip and tear guy.

Two favorites are speed booster and screw attack. I didn't like how the screw attack was animated or weaker in Samus Returns. I hope next game makes it god tier again.

>invasive
I think you're being overly focused on them man, at least in this thread, there aren't as many posts as to call them invasive.

Take a chill-pool bro, take a deep breath, untense your body, and ignore posts you're not interested in.

Attached: joining a stranger's group.gif (384x288, 898K)

The only reason why I linked the version of people talking over it is because Other M's story is that bad that you need something to keep you entrained for that 2 hour trainwreck

What would Yea Forums think about a 3D Metroid game with over the shoulder camera like Dead Space, except, less shoot and more exploration ?

I honestly feels like Metroid could give another try to update it's formula, just like Zelda did with BotW.

Attached: q4sd4qs5d.jpg (3840x2160, 881K)

>Zero Mission is peak Metroid, better than Super Metroid
No. I love Zero Mission, but no.

Attached: 1495364085073.gif (286x210, 2.17M)

That’s what Prime was meant to be in the first place. I really don’t think it’d be that different. It’s not like they focused that heavily on the shooting until Prime 3 and even that game is still more exploratory.

Do it with Prime.

>Doom Guy treats normal people badly
I don't get were this comes from. As far as I know he never killed or even injured any normal person. The people who are afraid of him are the scumbags who thought having anything to do with literal hell was aceptable.
Also, you're missing a fundamental aspect of women: they like bad boys;
Women are stupid enough to believe "he's bad with others, but not with me". They fantasise about them changing for their sake.
As far as we know Samus is a normal woman and therefore is subject to natural biological inclinations.

Samus isn't a normal woman, she's a superhuman that got raised by ancient birdmen. Doomguy, bullied a guy in the Doom Eternal trailer, ripped a dead guy's arm off and used it to scan, smashed a dead guy's face into a computer screen to scan his eye. There are things Samus would be disgusted with. Samus is known for turning down men and Doomguy would be no different, she'll pick Master Chief over him.

Attached: 1523819430657.jpg (1024x724, 931K)

Aranea is pretty much exactly how I've always pictured Samus's personality and character.

Attached: VGF9c9z.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

>Doomguy, bullied a guy in the Doom Eternal trailer, ripped a dead guy's arm off and used it to scan, smashed a dead guy's face into a computer screen to scan his eye.
>Implying any of this is bad

It is, don't respect the dead and Samus won't respect you.

Barry, fuck off.

Save. It's canon.

Attached: mattpat gets destroyed in the comments by people who played the damn game.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

>I've never played a Metroid game before
Smash players

Attached: yes and.jpg (105x182, 15K)

What? Who?

The similarities are uncanny between them

I agree with him, though. Metroid Zero Mission is better than Super Metroid.

Would a second Metriod manga work or even be feasible in the modern day?

Attached: 1525119112474.jpg (808x765, 88K)

>Only one parisitic or extremly aggressive life forms.
Yet she doesn't hunt down other humans?

What makes you feel that way? I feel like Super had better world design, atmosphere, pacing, etc. It also didn't have a shitty Zero Suit segment. ZM is still great though.

Probably not honestly. Metroid isn't that popular, especially in Japan and Sci-fi in Manga is pretty much extinct at this point.
It's all about cute girls and/or Medieval fantasy.

>It's all about cute girls and/or Medieval fantasy.
What if they include omake chapters that had BOTH those things?

Attached: Sir Samus.jpg (850x1056, 260K)

Blame Nintendo for that. They literally made her a Bounty Hunter because it sounded cool.

I feel the opposite, the whole world is much more cohesive in Zero Mission as the game even accounts for sequence breaking. I'll give you the world design but I felt everything is more functional in Zero Mission as in Super Metroid you get a lot of upgrades that are very useless like the grappling hook and the x-ray visor. I like that you can turn on or off the upgrades but ultimately is superfluous.

I actually like the soft Metal Gear segment a lot, specially trying to speed through it.

>can't even nab this doujin off of patreon because the author put it on his super secret discord where only patreons can see

I just want to fap for fucks sake

Attached: 5274f2ae2e79d4e67399f286e67dce19.jpg (855x1200, 155K)

Was the grappling hook useless? If I’m remembering correctly I don’t think you can even access Wrecked Ship without it unless you do some sequence fuckery. It has uses elsewhere on the map too but I can’t remember where. ZM definitely did a good job at streamlining the gameplay and modernizing the way Samus controls. Ledge hang is a great addition and swapping weapons is much better as well. Samus feels like more of a tank in SM.

I know you're joking, but then again, i'm pretty sure a loli Metroid would boost the sales of the series in Japan.

Attached: Dn3oFDsVAAAcr4o.jpg (982x1200, 212K)

Because you have too many techniques to gain height. Wall Jump, Shinespark and eventually you get the Space Jump.

Rated M Metroid game with Samus hunting down space drug dealers/slavers when?

Eh, I was kind of semi-joking, if another Metroid manga came up I think a few fun non-canon spinoff chapters with stuff like Metroid Girl Drop or Knights of the Metroid would be hilarious.

>"My name is Samus Aran, and I'm just your typical high school student... who happens to be the only member of our school's 'Bounty Hunting' club."

Attached: __samus_aran_metroid_drawn_by_wolffeld__sample-4fa7f8ff2b07cf357c397df1add0792c.jpg (850x1396, 255K)

Wouldn't a white qt that is over 6' like stand out in Japan?

I just want a Metroid with another really good, ambient track. I'd prefer it if almost all of the tracks were ambient, but at least one good would be nice. Fusion was the last time they did this.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-hZcvmiIMI

Nice joke

>fantasy niggers overtake the population of sci-fi bros

Attached: 1559810968888.jpg (1182x1026, 85K)

If we saw a Metroid 5, would she still be using the Fusion suit or would they toss it for an entirely new one (or even her old one, somehow?)

Attached: 1529116964497.jpg (2560x1440, 1.94M)

most manga have a designated tall blonde foreigner

Attached: 1525125575131.jpg (3011x4038, 1.13M)

Zero Mission, Super, and Fusion for classic Metroid. Prime for something a little different but entirely worth the experience.

Prime 1 no question.

Probably a new one, while I expect the X will return eventually I don't see her keeping the Fusion Suit even at the start of Metroid Dread.

Attached: 1497380186266.jpg (900x1748, 191K)

those are some tiny feet and one monster forearm

It might work better than you think

Attached: 1554620560097.jpg (680x851, 152K)

>Battlefront-esque Metroid spinoff never ever at this point
It'd make enough money to warrant 10 more Primes, multiple 2D games. Nintendo will never do it

Attached: 1561039808381.png (463x750, 562K)

What is your favorite environment / level / general area you've ever found yourself in, in any Metroid game? And why do you think it appeals to you, be it visuals or music or atmosphere or enemies?

Attached: __samus_aran_metroid_drawn_by_jaquio__e110e65a138f154dac2f9f2969932f51.jpg (618x800, 139K)

I'd think she starts with the orange suit before eventually being gifted another Varia suit by the time of mid/late game + NG+ usage of it as a costume.
Bring in the Samus Returns teaser as a central plot, or just have her find ruins like in ZM

faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=mziw3FQkZYg
>tfw seeing those raindrops on your visor for the very first time

Attached: Tallon_Overworld_Landing_area.png (944x704, 948K)

Attached: 1542320416865.jpg (1001x1024, 153K)

Are there multiple Varia suits to be gifted with? I know she found a spare on Zebes in Zero Mission but I thought that was supposed to be the last one, Power Suits aren't exactly standard issue.

Good question.

>Those fucking hips
Do we even need the Zero suit?

Attached: kraid sweating.png (1273x716, 1.05M)

Snifffff

e-w
o-d

This is what I'm saying!

Attached: 1497380428968.jpg (600x800, 196K)

Who knows but I expect a new Power Suit at the beginning of Metroid Dread though.

I don't think I'd mind if they don't do big ole shoulders again, given how monstrously huge they were in SR and we just got that

Attached: glum_teenager_vs_bitter_adult_by_cannibal_sarracenian_dbze1pz-fullview.jpg (1024x463, 112K)

Are any of the super metroid rom hacks good? Never played any of them.

Attached: 1548216947611.gif (332x263, 1.99M)

I want her iconic look back.

I really want Samus to be able to use Metroid 'life-succ' powers in the next game due to the infusion, it was used against X but I'd like to see you be able to implement it as a weapon against all life.

Attached: 1497381943976.png (1280x1150, 717K)

0% relevant to the topic at hand. Apply yourself

Attached: 1497379093105.jpg (709x1001, 427K)

The original comment thread was an user being curious as to what Other M was all about. A running commentary, even if meant for entertainment, is a perfectly valid response so long as it contains the full story.

you sound like a fag, shut up

For me, nothing beats the beauty of this flying city
Being able to see every room you can go to or the leviathan into the distance will always get me

Attached: Elysia.jpg (1200x587, 155K)

Hope Metroid 5 not only has rogue Chozo but Space Pirates, Metroids, and X as well.

Zero suit samus makes my pp hard bros

Upper torvus bog. Mostly for the music (thanks OP for the thread theme). I also feel like it's one of the best zones that feels more like exploring a naturally occurring area rather than a bunch of preconstructed buildings and ruins. I know when you actually look at it it's the same as any other area, but the fauna and the way the water and trees and such are blended together with the mechanical bits so well makes it feel more natural. I just think they did a really good job.

I also always liked sanctuary fortress a ton. I always looked down when I was younger at the skyboxes in the areas where you were out in the open and wondered what kind of cities were down there.

I always the more linear facility type areas. Hate the mines, was never a huge fan of the pirate homeworld although it has it's high points (gandrayda is my favorite boss) and even though it isn't that linear I wasn't crazy about magmoor caverns. I guess I just don't like space pirate zones that much.

Special shoutout to that one random ice area in bryyo. Can't believe that was only used for like 5 minutes.

Honestly I think the music is what makes a zone for me more than the actual zone itself now that I think about it.

SO, how many scifi universes would Samus, stomp?

Upper Torvus Bog has some fantastic music. Lower Torvus Bog also has great music with its remix. One of, if not the best area in Prime 2 imo.

Some of my favorite areas are Phendrana Drifts, Brinstar in SM (both because the music is so good), and Maridia. I really love snow levels when they’re done well which is why I love Drifts. I’m pretty sure Maridia is the underground area that has the cool elevator where you can see all the fake Metroids and shit.

I would need to do a lot of research into her feats, but a good number of them: the Power Suit has some impressive capabilities, I think she would solo settings like Star Wars, Halo, and Mass Effect with relative ease, but it depends on her load out. I'm just assuming a composite Samus is at work here.

Attached: 1525123545058.png (2560x1440, 1.52M)

>Halo
Yeah no, Flood and Forerunners say hi.

Samus is pretty overpowered man. She’s literally designed to just tank damage and output a ton of damage at a high speed. She’d whoop master chief’s ass no problem

Samus is way, way more powerful than Master Chief, and he was able to beat both. Samus stomps.
Hell the X-Parasite is an all-around superior version of the Flood and she beat them too.

Attached: 1529118496532.jpg (500x431, 37K)

Doubt it, it would probably end in a draw given the amount of bullshit they go through. Also, X proved that Samus would be fucked if she fought the Flood, electricity damages her so a Guardian or EMP would fuck her up, she can be composed, and Halo's firing would vaporize her.

>She’s literally designed to just tank damage and output a ton of damage at a high speed
So is Chief

SeeThis is why I don't do VS battles between Halo and Metroid.

I want the next mainline Metroid to be a prequel to Fusion where you play as the evolving X Parasite and gain new powers by dissolving other life forms on the planet. Prime 4 should be a multi-campaign door kickers type thing like a intergalactic SWAT 4.

Star Wars is pretty damn broken (mind fuck, TK, and them probably being more FTL than Samus is), but she'd do well in the others from what I know and her suit can assimilate tech too.

No, it's been 17 years, they need to push the story forward, no more prequels.

Samus being more powerful than Master Chief is indisputable, outside of the suits I could see Chief pulling off a win but Samus' armor is capable of taking prolonged dips in fucking lava baths. Its shields are hilariously superior to Chief's. She has more fire-power on hand as well, Master Chief has never fought anything close on the scale of Kraid or Ridley or various Metroid bosses single-handedly. The standard power-beam is probably packing more of a wallop than the majority of Chief's arsenal besides rockets and Spartan Lasers, which she has her own, better versions of. It can survive a fall from any height (Chief's can't), it's survived planetary level attacks in some instances, there just isn't a comparison between the Power Suit and Mark VII armor.

The X Parasite getting through Samus' armor when fucking lava can't isn't a sign that Samus is weak to parasites, it means the X Parasite is fucking insane because a single one can one-shot a full-powered, post-SM Samus. The grunts of the Flood 'pop' when they hit Chief's shield, and if Chief's relatively dinky shield can vaporize them Samus' multi-rocket-tanking barrier could. Beating the X-Parasite threat is much more impressive than beating the flood.

But I'm sick of fighting Ridley.

Any living thing would die if the halos were fired, what dumb comparison is that?

He fought a Scarab, he'll be fighting Guardians in the future, along with the possibility of Retriever Sentinels and War Sphinx. Flood are literal gods that can warp the universe, Samus can't survive in Chief's universe unless it bends to her will and Chief can't survive in Samus' universe unless it bends to his will, enough of this dumbass VS battle, it isn't getting anywhere.

Exactly, that's why VS battles are shit.

I like the suit but what the FUCK is wrong with her face? DISGUSTING.

The only thing I'm going to end on is this: regardless of whether or not Samus could actually take on the entire Flood or Forerunner alone, I want to point out she is basically a more powerful, more versatile Master Chief, and he's been destroying both pretty effectively. She'd do at least as well in his universe as he does, with her move-set probably a lot better.

Attached: 1525123299459.jpg (541x750, 262K)

To survive the Metroid and Halo universe you need the right genetics in Metroid's case Chozo DNA in Halo's case a Forerunner Geas, if you don't have this you're pretty screwed.

Samus is almost in her mid 30's by Fusion? I think she was retired too.

>Using Halo 4 lore
Blegh. I'm remembering why I quit after 4: the idea that Master Chief wasn't the sum of human ingenuity and his own personal luck/grit, but instead some Forerunner bitch we'd never heard of's ultimate inexplicable keikaku was retarded.

>new metroid game
>Revealed that Samus has a house husband
>game has you exploring multiple planets like in Metroid Prime 3
>husband sends you lunchboxes after every boss
>between worlds on your ship you can call him to talk about very mundane things like food or chores
>rarely he makes random calls to check on you

Samus hs Chozo DNA, she will look like her early 30s for eons, she may never hit her peak.

>forerunner geas
Is that from a book or something

*has

Chief still has bullshit luck that isn't Forerunner, plus I argue that Samus couldn't beat the Halo universe even before 343 took over for the exact same reasons, the Flood and Forerunners.

Hey so, metroid Prime is canon, right? Is it possible for 4 to take place after Fusion?

Attached: 7CF8A9D2-F04B-4CB0-870B-68D86062B1CE.png (2432x1800, 3.94M)

Halo CEA and Halo 4, I don't read the books.

It's canon but the main series is more canon and no unless it drops the Metroids but it still wouldn't be considered a sequel to Fusion, only a mainline game can be that.

Dificult if you recall Fusions happened 7 years after Super.

I'm willing to accept the possibility that the Flood and Forerunner at full power may be too much for Samus. I would need to do a lot more research I can't be assed to do to know for sure but I could see it happening. I still think the X-Parasite are more impressive than the Flood but Samus murdered them long, long before they could get any traction whereas the Flood at full, Forerunner-era power can devastate galaxies. I was thinking more in context of the Halo games themselves, where the Flood don't get close to their former glory before Chief finishes them off in Halo 3, the Flood of that era Samus could stomp easily.

Attached: 1525123616681.jpg (1654x928, 469K)

Is it possible to have a Metroid game without Metroids in it? I mean I know they're plot centric but when you think about it who really remembers Metroid FOR the Metroids as opposed to Samus or bigger bads like Ridley or Dark Samus Yes I'm aware Dark Samus is in itself technically a Metroid but it's never actually brought up

Attached: metroid on head retarded.jpg (340x466, 92K)

Samus probably wouldn't be that interested in Doomguy.

We can tell she has an affinity for small things in need of.rescue. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say that the same applies to her taste in men. She'd probably like smaller, twinky guys she can dote and feel protective over.

Attached: file.png (752x1063, 678K)

>the main series is more canon
How does that work

We already had a metroid game without metroids
Its called Hunters

If there's a contradiction the main series takes higher presence other than that, the Prime series is canon.

>Samus in Star Wars

Attached: aKJDyoy.png (1280x905, 1.14M)

>If there's a contradiction
When has this happened

The way her beams and abilities work in the Prime games, Zebes gravity, and the art style for the most part. Samus also acts different and doesn't talk at all like she does in the 2D games.

>main game: powersuit is summoned through her mind and is quasi-magical
>prime: powersuit is entirely mechanical, has a literal Operative System (v1.01 I belive, I wonder what they patched out)

You guys think Samus has ever had a night off and is chilling in her ship or space apartment and just breaks down? No one around so she can just let it out. Girl hasn't had an easy life.

Attached: bdd.png (1024x668, 449K)

No, she probably just takes very little breaks and works all the time to keep the galaxy safe, she's a workaholic.

No, she's just fucks random strangers to keep her mind off of it

Manga starts out like that.

I mean, we've seen she's willing to break down if pushed hard enough in front of others in the manga, I imagine in the comfort and solitude of her own ship, every blue moon? Sure. not that I like thinking about it.

Do you think Samus ever goes to a bar in her sports-wear gets drunk in the bar and starts hitting on denfenseless young men who are clearly for the first time a bar, like a total cougar?

Requesting if someone can post a certain Samus comic I am having issue finding, of these two Federation Grunts talking shit about her after a mission and she goes and gives her reward to this girl who lost her home?

Attached: optimized-lrhi.png (800x6500, 1.87M)

nvm found it
1/2

Attached: comic1.png (666x4907, 718K)

2/2

Attached: comic2.png (666x3899, 502K)

Attached: 1542325078447.jpg (782x1024, 85K)

Attached: 1525123464431.jpg (992x600, 96K)

>girl

I would like to marry Samus and make her happy and do nice things for her and help her on her missions.

Attached: 1303231863723.jpg (600x750, 57K)