From a pure financial standpoint, is this game a success or is it Blunderstained No. 9?

From a pure financial standpoint, is this game a success or is it Blunderstained No. 9?

Attached: BS_BoxArt_LS[1].png (1900x1344, 590K)

Other urls found in this thread:

castlevania.fandom.com/wiki/Renon
comcept.co.jp/en/projects/publication/publication03.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FHtmSsQfuYQ
kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1470661
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1561052148238.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_No._9#Reception
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It has an item that serves literally no purpose other than to change Miriam's voice to be high pitched and ruin the mood of serious dialogue. It's 10/10 from me

It's been received much better, so it'll end up more successful.

huh?

nude patch when?

Attached: 1561062163446.jpg (1024x864, 107K)

It wasn't a failure, I'll give it that much. Unlike MN9, IGA actually tried to deliver on his promises.

The game hasn’t even been out a week yet. We won’t know how well it sold for a while.

I fucking love the Toy Shoes. SQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAK

It's actually a good to great game (graphics notwithstanding) so it'll probably end up being successful.
I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Girlfriend patch when?

Attached: 1535214590960.png (1479x1977, 1.66M)

>ugly as hell
>jank all over
>backer pets
>backer portraits
>HEY REMEMBER SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT!?
>Shiny backgrounds with bad lighting
>store bought assets all over
>40 US dollars
>DUDE HUGE TITS
>bad voice acting
>bad plot

BLUNDERSTAINED: RITUAL OF THE SCAM CONFIRMED!

Now Gebel we'll

learn. Who's the best.

you can find a voice changing mask inside a breakable wall
it looks pretty cool and it raises miriam's pitch

Attached: 1542202997261.jpg (550x308, 20K)

My sister unironically said it looked gorgeous, what's the matter Yea Forumsirgin, your toaster can't run it on Epic?

Has anyone found the Hair Apparent V book?

is there any significance to this weird logo stained glass thing on the map? or does it just show that it's the center of the castle?

Attached: 5161d90999ebc54dbd0ae02ba00ebe51.png (158x35, 10K)

that’s not answering the question dumb fuck

>i dont like it

HOLLOW SHITE SUCKSONG CONFIRMED!

see, i can do that shit too.

you know the rules

Attached: 1533705936319.gif (260x145, 34K)

don’t forget
>rehash

That's a waypoint marker you must have accidentally set.

That is a marker that you made. Place the cursor on top of it and press cancel. You can use the cancel button to make more if you want.

thats just a bookmarker, to mark up places you think might have something, or objectives you might need to come back to.

you can delete it by putting the cursor over it and pressing B (i think its B, assuming you use a X360 controller.)

Kinda looks like the markers you place on the map. You can delete them.

That's just a map marker you put down with the circle button. Press circle again on top of it to remove.

I was retarded and thought it was something meaningful too. Turns out their just waypoints that you can place

>DUDE HUGE TITS
>Bad
Go back to twitch where faggots and trannies belong.

just finished the game, i give it a clean 8/10

didn't do a bunch of the optional shit and i don't really feel compelled to, i think all i'm missing is the OD fight and about 2% map completion

the daggers spell is absolutely broken and carried me through most of the game

Attached: 1473268239479.jpg (406x364, 118K)

How do you increase the grade for boss shards like BLOOD STEAL™?

I love Bloodless!

Attached: Cumstained.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

This game is still inferior to Symphony of the Night if only because the castle is a slog to go through until Accelerator

WHY THE FUCK CANNAE' OPEN CHESTS WHILE UNDER WATER

guess i'm fuckin stupid. Glad i'm not the only one. I'm basically at 90% map completion without even realising you could set them lol

Attached: 13925161_1583917171914098_9090037977996701469_n.jpg (480x448, 31K)

is the "bloodstained" achievement meant to pop when you absorb the blood fountain?

mine didn't and i'm baffled desu

>OH BOY THIS FIGHT WAS SHIT IN CURSE OF THE MOON LETS DO THIS
>Hit her twice
>[WALKS INTO YOU MENACINGLY]
>-110 Health
>Hit her again, prepare to backstep
>[WALKS INTO YOU, THEN BACKSTEPS]
>[PUNISHED FOR PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME]
Holy SHIT YOU'RE REMINDING ME WHY I HATE YIAN GARUGA STOP ORUIGHBKUIWYGSDB*I@O&GEKD@GBHO(LNJ*WM!O(P&UJSFVTBYNL*UIMO!@P FUCKING BITCH THEN YOU HEAL ALL YOUR HP BACK WHAT THE FUCKDUHBD@O*O@&(:NI#WPOM@

later on you'll get something that lets you sink properly

What's that bro, you want a hyper silver rathalos too?

>Look up map
>Instinctively press Circle to cancel out
>Set a waypoint instead

So annoying.

Literally git gud.
She doesn't recover HP if you never got hurt.

i need help i cant find the boss that lets me fit through small spaces and i also cant find the boss to drain the blood fountain can someone help me?

Attached: map.jpg (1920x1056, 1.17M)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I just grinded Heretical Grinder to max and came back and shoved it up her asshole while she healed off of me. NOT FUCKING EZ.

>From a pure financial standpoint
It got backed, so that's that. How much extra money did they need?
I don't know, I think everybody was on it on the first day, but other than that it has been very quiet. It will probably break even, but I don't think it's going to be considered a wild success like other crowdfounded games.
Taking into consideration other things, Curse of the Moon alone makes it worth it.

Go take the train.

Chat with O.D. and Dominique about getting your picture taken.

i havent seen a train yet where is it?

i just got my picture taken by her am i supposed to use the I.D somewhere?

Give it to O.D.

What I want to know is if it's a good game, or it's just horny retards saying it's good because anime boobies.

Bunny girls.

there's a checkpoint on the path below the twin dragon towers that needs an ID pass
you have to show OD the photo to get the ID pass

Same, lol. For some reason it's impossible to get a serious answer on this.

It's a very good game
if you liked Symphony of the Night and/or its sequels you'll probably like this too.

Does she have any story significance or is she just a random enemy?

Send help. I think I've been in every room literally four times over now.

Attached: 20190621191901_1.jpg (1920x1080, 385K)

Just a boss.

No story relevance (yet?).
She's just here to fill the vampire quota.

Does the book familiar buff other stats at higher level, or is it always just strength?

She's like 28 you sick fucks

An user showed that it buffed luck so probably every stat is going to be affected.

I have nothing positive or negative to say about it. If you need your metroidvania fix (like I do) or haven't played a game in the style, go for it; if you grew tired of the formula and expect an improvement over previous entries, skip it.

I've noticed that I'm getting only 10% of any gold drop. Is this their way to fuck with pirates?

There's not really any attractive girls in the game honestly.
The game is good for its exploration and especially its really damned good combat, but if you're coming to the game for aesthetics then you're probably going to be disappointed.

Considering how badly the game was whored out I can't imagine they didn't make a killing.

It's like Ed Wood

>I'll sponsor your game but only if you cast my puppy as an enemy, put a portrait of me on the background of every stage and end the whole thing with a huge explosion

>christmas cake
Even better!

Attached: 1533329419910.png (337x334, 140K)

So if you set the blood to White does Miriam literally slurp up a fountain of cum? Aradia would be proud.

Attached: 1560816954136.jpg (1070x1200, 130K)

strangely enough, we have already Gebel, OD, Count IGAcula and a literal Shitton of Bats.

i dont think theres a vampire quota needed to be filled here.

Is Zangetsu playable from the start or how do you unlock him?

I'm a big Metroidvania fan and I love the game thus far, at about 80% map completion and about 12 hours in. The only downside is some of the areas look a little bland and music falls a little flat as well. I don't really know if I'd say B:ROTN is the best metroidvania ever made but it isn't a MN9 situation.
Also, I switched to wearing the valkyrie armor which actually covers Miriam more than her standard outfit so I guess the boobs were never the appeal. Honestly, I like Zangetsu's design more.

He's not released yet.

Free DLC patch, coming at a lated date, probably to ensure theres no more save glitches.

I agree on the poor plot. I would've preferred the sparse conversations akin to SoTN. I just skip though all the non essential cut scenes now.

Did Boss Revenge mode get funded? I want to destroy heroes AS A GIANT HAND MADE OF GLASS

Its below the twin towers, entrance is in the second area with the pixies

>MN9
why do people compare it to that? legitimate question, MN9 was actually really shitty, even Yiik wasn't blasted as much as MN9

Is there any way to make the shortcuts less tedious? Let me explain.
Right now I have:
>Up
Summon Bats & Riga Dohin
>Left
Reflector Ray
>Right
Aqua Stream
>Down
BLOOD STEAL™

If I change my weapon or armor, I have to edit every shortcut since the equipment are also saved for the shortcuts. I don't want the shortcuts to save/change my equipment, only the shards.

Son of a bitch, I want to play the game but I don't like playing as female characters.

success

nioh wasnt this popular but it was successful

Considering that its nearing three thousand reviews on steam alone and that a very tiny portion of people ever actually review a game (or any product) they buy, I'd say it's doing fine.

And likely to also fix the framerate/crashing glitches caused by the previous patch.

Considering they both got kickstarted around the same time and some guy had a hand in pushing both creators toward it.

It also often get compared to Unshillable.

Yes. It's coming down the line as free DLC.

Attached: Screenshot_20190618-100242.png (1920x1080, 1.83M)

Any particular reason? Just can't get immersed or don't like how they're normally portrayed?

For what it's worth, Miriam is generally upbeat and straightforward as a character. There's not a bunch of melodrama or anything like that. Her characterization could largely have been placed on a male character just as easily.

Attached: heh nothin personnel.webm (1000x700, 2.86M)

>mode specifically for speed running
And how would this be different from a basic NG+ with accelerator?

>not ZA_WARUDO.webm
disappointed

Attached: i sleep.webm (524x684, 316K)

I think it removes cutscenes and whatnot. Could be wrong.

Fresh Miriam.

Attached: 1561139641148.png (2000x2000, 532K)

Gebel isn't a vampire though, and Iga is backer DLC only

>he thinks speedruns are going to be built around an incredibly late game item
lol retard

Yo what is this? Has 777 finally done it?

Hit her from the front, not the back.

this or yakuza kiwami 2
maybe both if they drop during the same. ill take even 10%

I REJECT MY HUMANITY, GEBEL

Is the final boss room only 1 map square or two?
Sitting at 99.8% map completion and need to know if I missed a room or not

Not him, but there it says Boss RUSH, not Boss REVENGE.

Also, the possibility of playing as the bosses sounds pretty awesome.

Jesus Christ OD hits like a truck.

>Played for quite a while
>Notice Miriam got a halo above her head and eyes glow blue and leave a trail as she moves

I seriously dunno how the fuck I got these effects

Attached: 2019-06-22 021431.png (756x726, 878K)

The extra character better be the nun slut

Librarians take their jobs REALLY seriously.

Dude's beating you up for not returning a book, imagine if someone were to get his library dirty, probably he would go to your home and kill your family.

You are using specific shards (some become passives when maxed)

>Dude, remember Symphony fo the NIGHT!? NOW IT'S IN 3D!

This game in a nutshel.

Yes

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.71M)

No, you have to suck a fixed amount of blood

I had to get the medal on him twice last night after my game crashed, but it only took me a few tries both times since I had a setup that made me do 800 damage or so per hit, before criticals

>mfw realizing we'll never see Soma and his friends ever again
>They all got along so well and felt like a kind of family

I need to rethink the fight. Getting hit or timestopped at the wrong time can cost me a third of my health and he just has a lot of HP. Normally I use the grinder on bosses (though with max optimizer and stacking them I think using a GS is actually more DPS) but it's a poor choice for him.

>Shardbinder with Teps Dhina: "I am growing stronger"

Wow. I'm only doing about 300

Huh, that's actually kind of neat.

heh, what shard is the time stop? must've missed that one.

It had 20k concurrent players on Steam before the backers got their keys. It's already a success.

Wait.
Do you get an infinite MP item in this game?

Who is the other one?

We're in the honeymoon period right now but I'll be seething if Zangetsu isn't out soon

>some become passives when maxed
Do you mean rank or grade?

>tfw I waste all my money on food to cook more food.

When I get another rapier? Im using the Epee and I want another stronger rapier

Just play Curse of the Moon

Go talk to OD. Get the final book, then go to the final area again and spread your cheeks

At least Soma's story was pretty much finished before CV died.

I used the strongest gun with Diamond Bullets, gunslinger hat, and stacked Firearm expertise skill shard with Firearm expertise passive shard. Then I just inverted and stood in a corner and used rank 9 Directed shield to block all his attacks and shot him whenever there was an opening. Didn't even need to move because the strongest gun has homing bullets.

Its the immersion part really. Bars me from really getting into the game.

Level them with items. I always get the two mixed up. Any yellow passive shard when leveled to 9 will spawn a white shard that can be toggled. You retain the yellow one so you can actually stack them. So you can have two optimizers on, for example.

They become passives when you max out the rank

If you liked any post SotN Castlevania, you’ll probably like it. There’s not much else to say about it.

What's with the wiggly fuck that shows up on the train when you sit for a while? I die in seconds to it despite seemingly not taking any attacks.

Oh. Gun cheese. Smart, but I think I will pass on the setup. Thanks for explaining it, though. Sounds cool. I may do a gun run eventually.

Only yellow become passive?

Her girlfriend.

Yes (the rest must be activated)

Basically leveling yellow shards and cooking meals should be where you jump the majority of your resources since both offer permanent stat increases (food for the first time you try one)

The old lady wants to eat too. She's making me poor as shit

You're right, sorry, the Boss Revenge is part of the "and MORE."

This was from a backer update just a few days before launch. It's still coming.

Attached: Screenshot_20190621-110559.png (2048x1867, 592K)

Do familiar gain anything from upgrading/leveling up besdies dealing more damage?

Well, for what it's worth, Directed shield really helped more than I expected it to since I seemed to be able to activate it even during the time stop

>out for 3 days
>not a single scored review from any major site

wtf?!

so who is the third playable character going to be
I hope its OD though it won't happen

apparently it got datamined as dominique. we bayonetta now

Feed her and then repurchase the food from the store. You only need to craft each recipe once to have access to it.

get the acceletor shard and use the toy shoes, youre in for a treat boiiii

You know someone was playtesting this and thought "That's hilarious. This is fine."

I... kinda just shat all over him, maybe I overleveled.

It was a kickstarter game so it would have been a financial success even if it sold 0 copies outside of the kickstarter.

I tried to take him early too but everyone on youtube is using time stop to fuck his ass.
He seems fairly durable as well, I don't think you're supposed to fight him right after unlocking the train.

It's basically a lot of the good parts of the other Iga games rolled into one
>SotN as a base
>Familiars from SotN
>Aria's souls but with a seemingly higher drop rate
>Dawn's crafting but much less annoying and souls used for crafting new things aren't used up
>Dawn's levelling up system for souls made less annoying by not having all upgrades tied directly to just getting more souls, only slight damage-increases
>Multiple loadouts from Dawn and Ecclesia, now bumped up to around 10
>A lot of Charlotte's spells from Portrait
>Quests from Villagers like in Ecclesia, but less annoying, mainly because item drop rates aren't completely fucked like they are in Ecclesia
If you've liked any of the Iga games, this is basically the definitive version of one

Yeah, and the passive versions can also stack with the normal yellow shard, too. So you can have 2 max grade INT boosts on at once or whatever.

I know that the equippable Bloodbringer becomes more powerful if you level up the familiar Bloodbringer. It is supposedly the best sword if you get it to level 99.

What full body customisation/costume options are there

What?
I thought it was Bloodless?

I played it on le epic and just thought everyone looked like PS2/Early PS3

You don't see all the praise it's getting? Sales blowing up on GoG and Steam, consolebros are playing and nintens (probably the biggest audience) get their version on the 25th. Seems to be doing really well.

im surprised there arent more complaints about the graphics because it really does look like dogshit a good 50% of the time. the gameplay feels great though

>so who is the third playable character going to be

Shovel Knight

Who else doing a DAPPER run?

Attached: D9j90CwWkAEGqwU.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

>It was a kickstarter game so it would have been a financial success even if it sold 0 copies outside of the kickstarter.

Look at a dumbie who thinks Kickstarter = Free money.

Let's go best case scenario, where you break even. That means you just wasted the last 4 years to end up exactly where you started. Now what? Your company still exists, and you have to pay the bills. You either close shop, get bought out, or hope a publisher will finance you.

Now, for most kickstarter games, the initial money was never enough. MN9 and BS only got 60% of the kickstarter cash. They ran out of it years ago and have been using publisher money since. If the game does NOT sell the your company goes bust. Just like Inafune's Comcept did.

Attached: __bloodless_and_miriam_bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night_and_etc_drawn_by_setz__c3a1d176428b5e4163690 (678x909, 159K)

is it me or is the bloodbringer familiar shit? All it does is slowly decide to damage enemies for mediocre dmg. you can unequip and use it as a sword (which is admittedly pretty ok for when you get it), but you have to basically never use it and always use the bloodbringer shard if you want to increase its damage. Meanwhile the dullahammer and silver knight familiars block stuff, and the fairy can heal you and point out breakable walls.

holy fuck VS MODE

You forgot the best one:
posing command from Portrait of Ruin

You have weird standards. The game looks great IMO, doubly so if you're used to how igavanias used to look.

Shovel Knight is a transformation a la Bunnymorphing

Remember how MN9 had "Online modes" that delayed the game for a year, and then no one ever used it, nad then the player base collapsed after a week so you can never use it anymore anyways?

I remember.

Can you really fight iga? What are the conditions?

Bloodless is cute! CUTE!

Alfred. Just like in CotM.

I have to know, does the voice changer work with the Ex Shovel Armor?

Will Yea Forums ever recover?

Attached: 56487888.jpg (481x675, 121K)

a $10 cover charge.

I'm early on but so far it kinda sucks. I imagine it'll be like the Sword in SotN though, where early on it's retarded and never goes directly after enemies but it gets better, more direct attacks later and becomes boss hog when fully Ranked up.

Bloodbringer becomes more aggressive when you level and rank that shit up(you can tell you've hit a breakpoint when it's appearance changes). Once you get enough levels on that shit it's constantly on the enemy's ass.
Shit's also the strongest goddamn single handed sword in the game at max level, so it's one of those long term investments. Shit like Fairy or Silver Knight is better for a normal playthrough, though.

>Bloodstained is great
>MK11 didn't go broke

Attached: AVGN.jpg (1091x611, 331K)

Where is this from? Is it a real mod?

What's up with these games with big player bases that I've never heard of and v never talks about?

What is "They are billions" for example? Who are playing these games?

>no stained glass
I demand authenticity in my nude mods, do it again.

Initial release was a success, so it'll probably perform well

Think I've found one of the best, if not the best gold farming spot for post game

1-1.5m in roughly 30 minutes.

Attached: loadsamone.webm (800x700, 2.86M)

Is there anything I should know about the books or are they just free stat boosts?

shitch user confirmed

he's level 66 and spams curse attacks at you if you look at him, do him later I would suggest.

It's getting really well received across various communities, it's at the top of the steam sales charts, and streamer e-celebs are praising it. What do you think?

Attached: Gerbil.png (600x1350, 650K)

neat

Free stat boosts.

"I-I'm human" says an increasingly nervous Miriam as she mocks all natural laws.

weebs are the worst.

Nope. There's a tiny room with a single Seeker Eye in it in the waterway that has like 5 torches in it, you can go through it much faster than that

Go back to OD every now and then and he'll let you check out up to two more. Also, after a certain point, more will be available. After you beat the second to last boss, go back and talk to him to check out the final book, and then go back to the glacial tomb and you'll be able to fight OD. Beat him and you can check out every book at once

Can someone tell me where the last recipe book is? I can only assume that's how I make this item because I don't see it on my recipe list at all

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.13M)

graphics are super inconsistent. in some areas it looks great and in some areas it looks like an upscaled ps2 game

Attached: drakengard1.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

I just hope this causes more companies to make some metroidvanias
>MK11 didn't go broke
I mean with MK it went broke creatively years ago after MKM: sub zero flopped

I forgot what I'm supposed to do when I find those murderers

I imagine you need high luck stat or something, right? What is exactly giving you all that dough?

Or the other way around, they added the white color just for this. Which is in my opinion even better.

Every metroidvania since Aria of Sorrow has had one I think, usually at the very end of the game if you fulfill some pain in the ass condition.

Augment Gold shard, which you get from crafting it out of an Augment Luck shard and the gold item

This is my first Castlevania game, can't believe I've slept on this series. I'm not even a zoomer, I've no excuse.

Attached: Screenshot (47).png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

Aug gold's passive makes enemies drop gold, I have the skill version on and it equipped

>Nope. There's a tiny room with a single Seeker Eye in it in the waterway that has like 5 torches in it, you can go through it much faster than that

I'd have to do some testing but the main advantage of that room is both Ayamur drops and all the bats that also drop gold.

my urge to immediately farm the shards for every enemy i encounter is ruining this game for me

Even that looks fine to me. Not sure what your deal is.

Attached: 20190620200028_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.85M)

I throw on a podcast and zone out as I run through the castle repeatedly.

I understand this feel. Every time I encounter a new enemy I can't go on until I have on of each of it's drops and it's shard.

Is there a way to permanently increase my stats on Nightmare? Items or something?

Attached: 1515042981083.jpg (512x512, 34K)

so they delivered the game they promissed?
good
mighty number 9 played NOTHING like megaman

Nigga, you are missing the fuck out.
Castlevania 1,3,4 and Rondo of Blood are some of the best goddamn sidescrollers ever.
Symphony of the Night and the GBA/DS games are some fucking refined form of crack that destroyed my teen years.

Just wait until you get the Ring of Solomon, which is specifically built for making shard drops easier to get. You get it by finishing Abigail's quest line

Food.

First time bonuses from food and maxed out yellow shards.

They are billions is a rts/building game, which is why Yea Forums won't talk about it. Normal people play it though.

You're supposed to do Nightmare difficulty on a NG+ unless you're autistic enough.

Don't bother till you finish Abigail's quests.

You literally listed the only games that aren't igavanias. Those are just shitty platformers.

>Normal people
>RTS
You what?

I'm going to warn you now, Bloodstained is the culmination of seven Metroid-style Castlevania games, and so if you go back to try those games you might find the gameplay of Symphony of the Night to be a bit bland.
SOTN uses elements from old Castlevania games (like subweapons) interspersed by a few RPG elements like companion characters and unlockable spells.
Bloodstained plays more like Aria/Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia.
SOTN is still absolutely worth your time and is arguably the most beautiful game in the series, but it's best to gauge your expectations if you're planning to play it.

Your reading comprehension is as bad as your taste.

Well its more building/tower defense than RTS since you are just defending against zombies but it's pretty simple to pick up.

I'm lost on where to go. I've come across lots of water I can't go down into, a few doors up top that required something I forget the name of and one door in the garden that required a warhorse key or some such. Last boss I killed was the blood waifu, where now?

Attached: Screenshot (48).png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

One of the jellyfish enemies down there drops the shard that you need to go underwater

If you're in an area with jelly fish, you're supposed to kill them until you get the aqua jet thing so you can navigate through water

>GAME MUST HAVE NAKED WOMEN TO MAKE PEEPEE HARD
how pathetic

Doesn't that defeat half the purpose of it though? It stops you from leveling up so wouldn't that be cheating?

Welp, I guess Skyrim is a porn game now.

and which enemies give you the Aug. Luck? i imagine endgame-tier ones,

No one gives a shit about the jewery, he's asking about critical reception and overall quality.

Makes sense. She'll likely be a no-gear, all-shard version of Miriam to mirror Zangetsu being all-gear, no-shard

>implying any of this is in the game
false advertising.

Attached: Action_Jackson.webm (600x240, 483K)

Mein niggers

Attached: Screenshot (49).png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

Does OD have a medal? I don't wanna try to beat him without taking damage anymore.

Surprisingly a pleb filter

Attached: zangets.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

That third shard ability is literally off the first boss.

It says a lot about you that you can get into a pseudo-homunculus but you can't get into a woman.

?

expect that last attack with the tentacle is the shard the first boss drops

this fight was actually fun

>not liking both IGA and Classicvania
get a load of this faggot

Are you like that one user who imagines an entire civilization when he plays Terraria and multi-boots the game so he can pretend to be numerous characters talking to each other in the chat?

Holy shit how is your damage so high? I'm around level 30 now.

REEEEE I can't open chests am I a brainlet or do I need to go drain the swamp

Attached: Screenshot (50).png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

2 was the only good classic game. 1 had its charm but that mostly came from the music. The SNES ones were decennt at best. The Igarashi came and saved the series from more mediocrity.

You need an upgrade you get later

Deathtraps, found in the volcano area. They're not endgame tier, but they are past the midway point

well the tentacle attack is from the first boss, the "not holy water subweapon" is from the IGA bonus boss, and the middle one was just slapping a lion man with an endgame greatsword, I'm not sure what your fuckin talkin about.

just fuck him up with the crissaegrim

it's the counters, it catches people who want to mash to victory offguard and punishes them for their hubris.

Yes, so does 8-bit Overlord

>well the tentacle attack is from the first boss, the "not holy water subweapon" is from the IGA bonus boss
I knew he was being a svengali. You can't advertise that junk as being part of the main game when it's part of some overpriced DLC.

brb getting a refund.

Attached: face5.jpg (2000x2000, 238K)

>because the castle is a slog to go through until Accelerator
>this dumbshit retard didn't equip any of the 6 fucking items/skill shards that make you move quicker
>they all fucking stack

Is it better to stay on NG to complete the item list or am I okay moving into NG+ and doing it there?
I guess it only really matters if there is something I need at the end of the memento or food questlines.

Attached: 20190620210338_1.jpg (1600x900, 406K)

Aug. Luck comes from the late game mimics, the ones that look like extremely fancy chests. Keep in mind it's just required to craft the Aug. Gold recipe, it's not actually consumed by the recipe.

Yes but you still want multiples of all augments since that increases their grades and their grade is what determines how much bonus stat you get from them.

Mighty no 9's all-time player peak was ~1500.

Bloodstain's is 26k.

For further reference, other top sellers Yakuza 0 and My friend pedro have 9k and 6k respectively.

Best thing to do is keep a copy of your original game separate from the NG+ run.

Attached: metapaper.png (346x297, 171K)

It was funded on kickstater for like 5 fucking million and then also had a 26k player peak. I'd say it was successful.

>Mighty no 9's all-time player peak was ~1500.
literally how considering the number of people who backed that game

Are there more than two courses for boss rush mode?

Was anyone expecting Johannes to be the true antagonist?

Not really. But I called the shop keeper being evil since that happens in like 4 castlevanias and is kind of a trope at this point.

Just a boss. All of the Curse of the Moon bosses are just kind of there with no context.

t. roastie

Is there any male playable character? I'm not a fan of playing as a girl.

what the fuck are you talking about idiot

There is but he hasn't been added just yet.

>Make a ton of progress
>Die
>Oh well thats not too bad I'll just
>Remember I had set up all my shortcuts

Attached: 1560271166453.jpg (241x261, 9K)

Holy shit.

I wanted to compare to other games, and Portal 2's all-time peak was only just under 15k.

On the other hand, witcher 3 has had 92k people playing at once.

Word got around that it was shit before release, as I recall.

>not compulsively saving every 5-15 minutes
Bruh have you ever played a videogame?

A lot of people didn't bother playing the game. Or they played it for like 20 minutes and quit.

I remember seeing a youtube vid of some streamer playing the game, and he kept saying to himself "but he created it. He created it", like he was trying to convince himself that it was a good game. It had to be. Inafune created the series. It took him like an hour to admit to himself that it was bad.

Zangetsu will be playable and the third is apparently nun tiddies

>I’m a retarded faggot
We get it faggot

Oh god, user, I'm so sorry

I had that happen after I found and equipped the android 18-looking hair.

Spent 20 minutes trying to remember where I found it.

Not even one Castlevania has a shopkeeper antagonist

2 was one console generation too early, if it was on the snes it would of been more fleshed out
1 and 3 were build of design and what you could find in the levels which made its set up interesting
as for the 16 bit games while 4 had its rough spots rondo is the king of atmosphere and bloodlines is great as well with the whip swing allowing new transverse options
classic and IGA are good but they both scratch different itches of platforming/ action games

>Inafune created the series.
Is that true? After the fallout, I got the impression he was a producer at best, not a creative position like director or something.

>it faggot
what did he mean by this?

never, hopefully...

Yes, but you only need to farm the 9 Aug. Luck shards to cap grade, rather than the 18 you'd need if they were consumed in the recipe.

bad move in a igavania, you save everytime you do anything remotely of importance, my blind exploration of the castle was basically looking for the next teleport or save room.

How does anyone but Alfred make sense?
Dominique is literally the BBEG. So what, you play her scenario and then just lose?

Pussy
Also, Bloodlines & Chronicles are way underrated

yeah I bet you're also the kind of degenerate who does it in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreating

castlevania.fandom.com/wiki/Renon

Let's look at the things

>Gebel the 'antagonist' but obviously not in control of himself
>Alfred need book to do thing but wont' say why, whatever
>Johannes was the one who made the shardbinders in the first place

Yeah I did that when I collected all the shards. Being able to do a fresh NG+ with infinite MP and the Accelerator it was just obvious to make backups.
I think I'll move on. I don't mind taking a bit longer for the item list if I can keep the game fresh. It also doesn't seem like enough people have gotten item list completion to know where the real problem spots are plus in a couple days everything will be cataloged.

Attached: 1557773706765.jpg (698x711, 23K)

well, thats the rub isn't it? he was always a businessman not a developer.
he also decided it would be a franchise before it was even out the door when this sort of thing is "spighetti at the wall" when it comes to success so instead of merely failing it failed in spectacular fashion.

COPE

This. The closest any CV had was Renon, and he wasn't a main antagonist.

Either it'll be the usual "no plot, no dialogue" alt-character mode, or it'll be some kind of post-game scenario where Dominique's in Hell and she has to rebuild her power as she craves revenge on the world and Miriam.

So far I've got four familiars
>Silver Knight
Seems to do literally nothing, he blocks an attack that wasn't going to hit me sometimes
>Fairy
Heals me if I invest in fairy potions from the shop. Doesn't seem to do it often. Found a hidden wall, can do that by attacking every wall, so pointless
>Sword
Takes an hour to wind up a single attack, which misses
>Book
Buffs my strength and throws a few attacks of his own, gives me something to read when chilling, absolutely based

Am I missing something or is book the only good pet?

Attached: bookbro.png (1920x1080, 3.74M)

Fairy is cute and can sing for you.

silver knight is awesome when he's stronger. he'll smack away projectiles that are about to hit you and he has these really strong multi thrust attacks

It doesn't have the stained glass tattoos so it's SHIT

>Either it'll be the usual "no plot, no dialogue" alt-character mode
I don't see that as likely.

With all the references we got to Dominique giving instructions to Zangetsu, that would have to be in there.

We might even be firing off message arrows.

Pets become more proactive and get more shit to do the higher their ranks and levels.

Don't forget he tried to cash in on Mega Man Legends nostagia on some shit called "Red Ash" or something before MN9 was even out. The shitstorm hadn't receded yet and Inafune already started another Kickstarter, and people rightfully suspect MN9 was in the red and he needed a cash infusion.

Familiar are always nearly completely useless in these games.

How similar is it to AoS my favorite Castlevania?

It's very AoS, with stuff from later entries also thrown in

It has the Aria/Dawn soul system

Where's all the Dom art dammit

Attached: file.png (850x1308, 1.52M)

Oh interesting, I did notice bookbro firing off attacks vs just buffing me when I got him but I thought it was just random. Whats a good pet to work on then?

see

It's basically a third Sorrow game, gameplay wise.

The Dullahead familiar is super good. You start with one but as you get more shards you get up to 5 following you and ramming enemies for a good amount of damage.

>Loses her tights when she starts Shardbinding, making her habit the only thing covering her.

Why Dom when Bloodless is the best girl?

Eh press up to pose has been a thing since Rondo of Blood. SotN had it too

Bloodless: Do you want to take a dip with me? Or shall I take a dip from you?

I wonder if any of the other familiars evolve. I got the sword to level 50 and it got to this.

There's also the Beur familiar but I think it's probably as stupid as an actual beur, though you could kick jump off of it to get to places early I guess?

Attached: 20190619193248_1.jpg (1920x1080, 574K)

The familiars attack more often as they level up, that goes for the silver knight blocking projectiles as well. The sword also allows you to equip him like the SotN sword familiar, and scales in strength as an item with his level as a familiar.

So is Cinematic above Epic? Why can't they just call them very high and best if so.

It's a fusion of SotN and AoS

with a dash of ooe of course.

The only real complaint I can honestly give for this game is that a good chunk of shards just being "Summon [enemy]" is kinda shit.

So, she was supposed to be a Belmont, right? They just couldn't use the name, but that was certainly what iga as thinking.

Inafune over sold himself through technical half-truths. And as producer he was the one giving interviews, so everyone assumed he was the Miyamoto to the series.

The reality is that he was an artist for the games, who was then promoted to series producer since he was the most senior mega man dev still at Capcom at the time. Kitamura had left before MM3, and the previous series producer was Tokuro Fujiwara who left after MM7.

And if you go back and really read sources, you'll see he didn't even design much for MM1. He made Bomb Man, and Elec Man, and stuff like the illustrations, and logo plus miscellanious in-game stuff. He also made Plug-man, Splash Woman, and Zero.

To this day, he over-hypes himself. Look at this form his site:

>Anyone can make a hit! The charismatic creator of Mega Man and Onimusha and a driving force behind Monster Hunter's and Resident Evil's success explains how to get the job done
comcept.co.jp/en/projects/publication/publication03.html

He barely had any role in RE and MH.

This.

I'm kinda okay with it because all the summons act differently at least

No, she was meant to be Dracula, at least based on IGA's origin for him.

The thing with Red Ash si that Comcept was an art/design studio, not a game developer. They even wanted to get into movies and games. They were done with MN9, had nothing to do, so they wanted to start on Red Ash. Inti-Creates was deveoping MN9, and Comcept had nothing to do. So making a new kickstarter seems logical to do.

Cocmept also had like 20 other projects going on at the time, MN9 was just one.

That's part of the miscommunication they did. Most people didn't even know what Comcept was!

I wouldn't think too deep into it, we have alucard dracula dio.

Attached: SOTN_Sword_of_Dawn_All.gif (350x284, 1.3M)

Is Bloodstained curse of the moon any good?

Why is everything so shity and shiny looking? I garuatnee you that mods will come in, and all they'll do is change some lighting and shaders, and the game will look 20 times better.

If they just made it a bit darker, it'd hide how simple it looks and make it look better.

it's basically castlevania 3

Is there a way yet to edit some file/cheat to increase difficulty? I'm so bored

Attached: 61403e35f8afca0fcd5cb5d19138af60.jpg (540x425, 39K)

Kiwami

>some autist dropped four digits to get alucard to banepost
It's GOTY.

It's good but it's much harder than and IGAvania, so be prepared. Not as hard as any Classicvania though.

I do like the game and in terms of pure combat it's probably the best castlevania so far but the game does have a few glaring issues, namely the level design of the later levels which just horrendously drops off around the lava caves and becomes painfully formulaic.

That's part of the charm of SotN. They had a CD based game, had already had 50% of their spites from Rondo, so the art team just went nuts. So many special spells and unique animations. 90% of them pointless.

God damn, I did a playthrough recently where I got the blue knuckles. These drop from toads, and they do an upper-cut animation, unqiue to them. These are so god damn hard to drop 95% of people will never get them. Most people jsut go for the jewel knuckles, whcih are far easier to get and are more powerful.

In fact, when it comes to fist weapons the Jewel knuckles are actually the FIRST ones you can get, and even easier to get than the starting ones!

Attached: latest[1].gif (110x144, 57K)

Dullahammer bros. Get it to grade 9 and they attack fast and deal tons of damade

hummmmmm have you tried playing the game on hard?

>Bloodstained has no fist weapons

LAME

Okay I give up where can I find the save in this little hellhole, I'm running on empty.

Attached: Screenshot (52).png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

welp, i guess im gonna waste today to upgrade my head flail and get some pet heads to see if they can help me against the bullshit dragons.

Kicks > punches

You need to crack walls on the underground river, there should be a book, I found one there

If you unequip the slots in the shortcut it'll just use whatever you have equipped in that slot.

to the right

It does have feet weapons though.

>dat level 9 Bunny transformation

Found relatively reliable way to clip

Attached: 1536945583083.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

Does it have soul

Dude just Waystone lmao

Yeah.

Enter NIGHTMARE as your filename.

Is the Money is power shard good? And does it increase resistances or just the base stat?

Book gets even more spells as he levels up. He's by far the best.

Someone on /vg/ helped me but I appreciate it nonetheless. Thanks. It didn't work at first, I had to use the delete function and redo it.

gotta love (or hate) how Zangetsu, outside being voiced by Hayter, is LITERALLY samurai solid snake. or more specifically, MGS2 samurai solid snake.

>Always one step ahead of you
>Always treating you like shit despite you being just as much as a victim in this game as everyone else.
>Capable to pass obstacles you couldnt offscreen with no other answer than 'eh, i dunno, he just does'

Fuck waystoning. Found the teleport.

Attached: 2019-06-21 20_59_05-Greenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 308K)

it has shards, a pretty obvious equivalent

He can double jump, and fly, because of training.

I got over 1,000,000 gold and all it did was increase my base stats by like 4. And only a few of them, it doesn't increase Luck. Still, no reason not to use it if you make it a skill shard

100% soulless.

They say Miriam can use that one chain attack from Gunvolt. Did this get dropped from development, or is it just some very obscure shard/item I need?

There are legit 9 fucking shards that summon enemies. Out of the 80 shards. All of the summons are red shards as well, which you admitedly probably won't even use past the first hour of the game. I 100%'d the game and only every used like 6 spells, namely aqua jet and riga dohin because they hit so many times. 99% of the time I was just attacking enemies because I do way more fucking damage than my spells and for most of the game spells are far too expensive to use as a primary form of combat.

Just get it to Rank/Grade 9 and equip Optimizer instead.

Why does my big tittie fairy familiar sometimes strike poses and refuse to move?

I find that my shards are way better than just attacking. If you want to use shards as a primary form of combat you have to use the right equipment for it and have the food with MP regen.

i dunno, Head flail is actually useful.

KATHWACK-ing the shit out the monsters with some giant head tied to a cloth that comes out of nowhere at really fast speed, it has been considerably useful.

What does the fairy get when shes higher grade? Does she ever leave the cuckshed?

All to the right

I had mp regen and over 110 int with max rank/grade spells and it still felt like dick compared to jump kicking enemies or making shadow clones and abso-fucking-lutely deleting things with guaranteed whip crits that smack for like 800(+140x3) with rings. Attack speed was fucking king.

I use void ray all the time as a quick ranged fuck off button for all the flying bullshit.

Fun fact, if you use Bunnymorph immediatly after Reflector Ray, you can look like Miriam with a Lili head and ears, only in gameplay though, cutsceens and status menus still show Lili form.

Just use PAINTINGS

>Found a hidden wall, can do that by attacking every wall, so pointless
You have to check every floor and ceiling as well.

I feel unironically the same. Like, the idea of a game including such a silly item nowadays it's just great.

>APPEAR! MY SELF AND MY SHADOW!!!

Only issue with void ray is it's on abyss dragon, so it's pure rng if you get it from the "boss" the first time or if you have to wait till after Gebil to farm it.

I'm on my last .10% dudes. I can't fucking find this last little fucking hideyhole.

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

I want a lightsaber. Where'd you get the lightsaber?

It's one of IGA's trademarks. Remember the Secret Boots?

This game doesn't explain shit or I just missed it, imagine I missed it. Loading screen tips go by too fast.
>Whats the difference between rank and grade
>Shopmom said to sell extra shades, but they are giving me 'grade'
>Do familiars have a level cap based on grade or rank?

Attached: 1532198476740.png (224x361, 16K)

Spend a 8-Bit Coin for the Orchid weapon. It's the one with the binary description.

And the right side. Completely cleared the Galleon so I ain't goona post that shit here.

Attached: unknown (1).png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

Tons. Not as much as SotN but it does make the effort.

Its the encrypted orcid sword from the 8-bit coin. It hits multiple times and dabs on bosses don't craft it unless you want easy mode

she's pointing at a breakable wall probably, she'll usually say "look here!" too.

Grade basically makes a shard stronger
Rank gives a shard some additional effects depending on the shard (more coverage/more projectiles)

Grade improves by getting more shards
Rank improves by enhancing the shard at Johannes alchemy workshop

Familiars cap at lv 99, and can be improved to grade and rank 9 like any other shard

are you retarded? obviously I'm far into the game

How come zoomers find the game ugly? It’s beautiful.

Attached: C61560CA-8B0D-402B-B9D1-8EE44599D337.jpg (609x474, 45K)

The thing about grades I don't get is some of them don't seem to have any strength to them. So what does grade do for them?

Start over then.

They're walking memes.

Attached: 1561064824699.jpg (437x580, 54K)

>100% soulless
youtube.com/watch?v=FHtmSsQfuYQ

Attached: 1534484619746.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

Is there a mode to remove the horrible black outline off everything? I'm trying to figure out why the game is so shit tier ugly and I'm thinking its that. Real fucking shame they didn't go full 2D.

absolutely based

Attached: 1560270437981.png (439x439, 238K)

I'm not sure about every specific case, but I know that there was one like the Detective Eye skill, which has a radial ring that points out breakable walls, getting higher grade extended the range of the ring, while getting its rank up would auto collect nearby items. I assume it does something for everything, but I can't always say what

You can mod Miriam thanks to 3D.

The games artstyle is hampered by its models which look distractingly terrible, the cel shading adds nothing to the game and looks horrible thanks to a lack of smoothing. The interface is also fucking horrid.

Sorry son, but put those based zoomer memes aside and think that perhaps people are negative on the games visual quality because the art is so completely top tier. If the entire game was just an ugly bland mess nobody would give a shit that the graphics style was terrible.

wait what the fuck there's a skill like that? Where the fuck do I get it

yo I got you my dude.
I'm not going to post a picture because holy fuck I'm lazy. Just to the right of the gardens of silence, right after the transition in that big 3x3 room with the chest in the bottom left, there is a breakable wall to the left.

Please respond, and do her potions drop while you've got her out? They are way to expensive on the shop.

Attached: 1560020398714.gif (360x360, 26K)

those little eyeball dudes in the underground waterways.

I think the eyeball enemies drop it in the Underwater Passage.

Below the blood pool.

Attached: 20190621165131_1.jpg (2560x1440, 639K)

The 2.5D thing is kind of pointless, honestly. I don't see why they couldn't just go full 2D or 3D. 2.5D just makes all the 3D shit stick out like a sore thumb.

Wait, so how do you level yellow shards?
Is it a rank up or a grade up?

Getting no damage on the train is probably the most difficult because it's such a long reset between tries.

Like nearly all the others have like zero time between attempts. Even OD was a breeze compared to this.

You can see Zangetsu rowing a boat through the storm in the background during the opening area. I imagine his plot will be running "ten minutes prior" to Miriam's own.

her attack is always going to be weak, craft her items or beat on the pink faeries in the garden for a crap chances at the fairy healing item drops, honestly she's mostly useful for pointing out breakable walls for people who don't like their familiars stealing their kills.

>Speed runners are always using the Bible Items in each Castlevania they appear into to melt down bosses fast as fuck
>Portraits literally give you half a dozen bibles to stand right on top of bosses and melting them down into nothingness
I wonder what Iga meant by this.

Attached: 1495834975870.gif (510x510, 690K)

I unironically don't know how the fuck you retards bumble through the game without farming shards off literally every god damn monster you see.

rank up, you need to enhance them up to level 9 and those become permanent skills instead of yellow passive shards

>2D
>Can't do twin dragon tower area
>3D
>Gameplay is going to suck dicks just like the lords of shadow games
They made the right choice, anyone complaining should probably off themselves.

Fucking bless. Thank you dude. I've been scouring the map for an hour and a half with just this last .10%.

Attached: unknown (2).png (1920x1080, 3.51M)

>using portraits instead of water spray
brainlets, expected from speedrunners.

It was the exact same .10% I was missing and I found it on fucking accident while trying to farm monster fur in the post game from those fucking simians to the right of that chest.

>this nigga eatin beans!

Kill yourself you ugly nasty tranny faggot

It's frustrating when your luck is low as fuck.
>Hey buddy kill this monster twenty times to get a shard
>Now do it eight more times to max the grade retard

Realtalk who the fuck found the god damn aegis/spikebreaker armor without looking that shit up?

I'll stain her glass if you know what I'm sayin'

There is a ring that increases shard drop rate pretty significantly, but also I think I wore luck gear all game, I never equipped an item unless it had luck on it. I was constantly cooking food most of which also gives you permanent +luck. I think at the end I had like 20-25 luck from food and between that, + books, + gear, +luck aug, I had like 80-100 luck throughout the endgame.

thanks bros

Yellow shards are the same as any other. Every shard has a rank and a grade. Only difference with the yellow ones is that at rank 9, you get an additional shard that permanently applies the buff of the original yellow shard to you, which you can stack with the original yellow shard

>No vocals if you don't have the fairy out
Such charming levels of detail with the game. I recommend everyone try it with English voice to understand how bad things can really be.

Attached: 2019-06-21 21_26_30.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Alright, I give up. Where do I use the carpenter's key? The last place I "cleared" was the inferno place where you got the flip ability and now I can't find the door for this key.. Am I blind?

Attached: 2fd195f81b76eb6d2a6b5b0d35752e19.jpg (1920x1080, 1.25M)

This. Castlevania pretty much got an ending. The only thing that needed fleshing out was that war Julius Belmont was part of, but it can stay mysterious since we know how it concluded.

I brute forced myself through the spikes the first time, but I did find the armor without looking it up.

Only if you're exclusively talking bosses. Tamako-Death is the true best girl.

I found where the chest was, one of the first things I thought to do as soon as I got invert, but yeah, I had to look up how to actually reach the chest. I thought I needed the phase through walls shard

I felt there were absolute piles of referential stuff to previous castlevania games that were really cool. Lots of stuff for SotN specifically as well.

me, there's an empty space in the map of the clock tower that you can't reach unless you use invert, so you use it and wow, there was a chest at the top

So?
What are you, a fucking pedo?

How much do stats effect stuff? I want to be a fashionbinder and get rid of the ears, but its a 5 luk cost.

Attached: 2019-06-21 21_30_29.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

This webm made me buy the game.

I had the map square already revealed before I ever saw the chest because of how the 2.5D works in that fucking tower. So I literally would have never found it. I tried to brute force the spikes puzzle but I knew that iga would put some dumbass spike armor in the game and looked it up to see where it was and got mad.

I fucking hate the 2.5d bullshit.

Eat cookies and borrow the luck increasing books from OD to buff your stat instead
Also the plunderer rings are more important

Calm your tits, I was joking, that's the best part

You can get a Ribbon with 7 luck from the Titania fairies to replace the bunny ears.

Looking back at the shader poll the kickstarter had 3 years ago, the character 1 would probably be better given how the backgrounds turned out. Here are the screenshots:
kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1470661

I thought the English voice was fine. Not great, but not terrible.

Attached: Miriam.png (1090x1028, 540K)

Where might one grab one of those rings? Or do they unlock in the store? I'm somewhat early game.

Just check for fake walls everywhere.

This game caused the dead pixels lurking at the corner of my monitor to spread all down the side. Replacement monitor on the way. Thanks for causing it to happen now while it was still in the good "no questions asked" return window. I didn't even have to send this one in first.

I give it four stars. I'm docking a star because it crashed and I lost a shit ton of progress and I'm mad about it.

There's one in the galleon that you need the double jump to get. I forget where the other one is, I think it's somewhere in the waterway

Oh.. I had it all along.

Attached: 8321b9f034f3e1328d8e23a056b70e1b.jpg (1920x1080, 1.11M)

game is great
keep seething :)

I love that Miriam literally asks how the fuck he did it and Dominique is just like "lol idk"

Aradia outfit when

Crashing is the game's fault but save more often my dude. I don't understand these posts.

I'm still not sure why people keep saying this game looks like shit. It looks fine to me.

this felt like janky bullshit to me

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1561052148238.webm

That, and having slightly worse stats than the Jojo approved Hyperventilator.

Why settle for fine when you can have the best?

breakable wall in the right Twin Dragon Tower, iirc.

You guys have been posing after every no-damage boss kill you're doing right? Right?

>[WALKS INTO YOU MENACINGLY]
That alone fucked me up more then anything else until I just learned to attack her back. Using a dagger with its short range didn't help either but the poison it inflicted on her made up for it.

Maybe as DLC. Since it's a 3D game, making new animations wouldn't be that hard.

Then all the best to your farming, my dude. Make sure to max out your Luck Shard, since it'll create a toggleable copy of it in the category where your movement abilities and shit are. And both stack on top of each other.

I did it.

Attached: bloodstained.png (980x542, 373K)

literrally the most fun part of the game. You might just have shit taste, user.................

>steam

>not a single review from a gaming site

Is there some kind of boycot I'm not aware of?

>Japanese VO
>Miriam mimicking Zangetsus voice in one of the dialogues
I'll admit it, I laughed.

>kill doppleganger
>she makes a pose too

Attached: 167939348934.gif (359x360, 1.61M)

I think "journalists" are still discussingn whether they should support the game because it's popular or shit on it because the girls are sexy.
That or they were not paid to shill/shit on it so they just ignore it since it's technically an indie game.

how is it overall? I think I'll switch to the JP voices when I NG+ sometime.

Most are probably attempting to finish it before posting a review and since the game got a major Day One patch, they probably didn't start until launch day.

Did you play on Hard and Nightmare as well? From scratch of course, not that NG+ bullshit. I don't understand why there is no difficulty achievements, a bit disappointed.

Does it matter?

Attached: 20190621225152_1.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

Way better, the fairy singing wasn't enough to convince you to switch to jap?

Alternate rent free idea: Its a niche game so it'd never be covered by major sites, it doesn't even have the nintendo bonus to fall back on. It has nothing to do with politics.

JP voices sound good to me. Of course, it's the matter of preference.

hopefully so, alongside more costumes, and possibly Cloaks/Capes for clothing, as part of the scarfs slot.

Not with that time and this character. I will probably do hard and nightmare later.

Attached: 20190621224351_1.jpg (1920x1080, 493K)

The boss medals effectively are difficulty achievements. Shame they don't do more though

Could have bought it on gog rather than giving gabe more shekels to rent a game.

I hate EN Miriam so much that it was enough to switch to JP voices.

>using part 2 music for fucking part 1/3 poses
absolute scum

It's pretty much SotN with some stuff from the DS Castlevania games

What does she do in English dub?

>Its a niche game so it'd never be covered by major sites
C'mon, even MN9 got reviewed by them and at release, BS got a lot more hype than MN9 had.

why? not him, but im sure the fucking aztec vampires would do the same kind of poses. too.

>Its a niche game so it'd never be covered by major sites,

One of the biggest kickstarter games ever, and one of the most anticipated. You could say that MN9 is niche too, and EVERYONE and their mother reviewed that game.Also, all of these sites gave tons of news coverage of every step of the game so far.

Looking at MN9's Wikipedia page, the reviews came in a day before to 2 days afterwards. Meanwhile, BS is 3 days out and not a single review? Weird man.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_No._9#Reception

it just flows a little awkwardly at some points in the song, like they're having to try and squeeze more syllabels in.

jojo poses are unique to their characters. The 2nd pose miriam does is a pose from Dio, and the 1st is a pose from Johnathon. The poses that the pillarmen do are specific to them and aren't used by other characters as are the other poses from other characters etc. Normies watch part 2 and nothing fucking else. Ergo, part 2 pillarman theme gets slapped onto anything even remotely related to jojo.

>Wonder if the spear as a good technique
>Penetrate
This will get me killed I know it.

Attached: 45849549.png (174x231, 16K)

how much longer will it take for people to stop trying to go TORtanic on this game and get bored? this seems like the perfect game for comfy threads

I mean achievements for finishing the game on hard and nightmare (without NG+). As far as I know you can get the boss medals in NG+ which kind of defeats the purpose.

It's basically the anime equivalent to your parents calling your PS1 "the nintendo"

The publisher didn't send review copies until launch day because of that day one patch, so the journos are probably still playing game (assuming they do play the games they review, of course).

guys I'm retarded and Ive completely forgot where the barber is

could someone put red circle around the specific room he's in

thank you

Attached: drill.png (850x850, 639K)

MN9 had Megamans name attached to it. Castlevania doesn't have the same nintendo bonus levels, plus a shitty game will always get more clickbait attention than a good one, its literally why kickstarter being a failure meme is so hot, because nobody ever reports or reviews the games that come out and are good.

if you genuinely think that's the most fun part of the game you have garbage taste

My reaction to getting a ring of pluck and luck was to audibly say "fuck you" aloud.
it wasn't even a goddamn sword.

I really wish you would get different medals for each difficulty.

Whenever the next big game comes out they will completely forget this game. Maybe in a week or so they'll start latching onto some upcoming news.

The REEEEEEEEEE BACKER SHIT RUINED THE GAME is the last gasp of people desperate for (You)'s.

On dpad.

Attached: 2019-06-21 22_01_07.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

he's literally straight left from the cathedral warp point dude.

He's in the room directly across from the portal room in the cathedral

>Check the internet one day.
>Suddenly IGA goes to announce the release of the source code/base gameplay/mechanics blueprint set in UE4 format for the game, allowing people to make their own metroidvanias easier than ever.

how would you react?

But at the same time I don't want a thousand clients just "because".

i checked every single room in the area except that one

Attached: IMG_20180104_120550.png (800x445, 476K)

Judging by how they're working on coop/multiplayer DLC I think a multiplayer Bloodstained similar to Castlevania HD with different selectable characters may be in the cards at some point. It would probably have some sort of level creator too.

>allowing people to make their own metroidvanias easier than ever
uuh no, you can make metroidvanias easy enough with any game engine and their source code is bound to have dev specific quirks to it

I imagine a Harmony of Despair-esque MP mode would have this for the starting roster:
*Miriam
*Zangetsu
*Gebel
*Dominique
*Johannes
*Alfred
*O.D.
*Bloodless

How do you think Inti-Creates feels about this game being a big time success?

anons which familiar is the best? the sword looks cool but it takes 5 years to do a single swing

Gog galaxy 2.0 is going to shit on client needs. Its like playnite which makes one library, but it also closes launchers after the games shut down. So you literally never have to think about that shit while being able to buy from wherevers cheapest. I'm in the alpha, and this shit is going to take off once its beta. Get onto the gog train now, everyone is going to be using galaxy 2.0 unless steams new interface does something very, very unexpectedly good.

Either the Silver Knight or the book.

FTL was made by literal who, crowdfunded and good and yet it still got reviews from the big places.
Same for Shovel Knight, Divinity Original Sin or Darkest Dungeon and so on.
Fuck even Hollow Knight got reviewed by them, the fact BS still doesn't have anything is extremely suspicious.

The fairy because I only want girl companions because I'm not gay

Kick an old man's butt in a cellar desert and all will reveal itself.

Book for min-maxing faggotry or fairy for patrician.

may well be because miriam is an attractive female

>REEEEE
Yes, you are a brainlet.

> I NEED SOMETHING TO BE MAD ABOUT REEEEEE

Where's the last weapon recipe book?

is there a high drop rate shard farming build? just beat bloodless

The room before where you fight Gebel

Plunderer's rings, the two library books that increase your luck, Valkyrie dress and circlet all increase luck and drops.

At that point, not really. Just max your luck with equips and farm.

Me. It was actually one of the first things I found when going back to finish uncovering the map.

what? you don't use the solomon ring?

user suggested farming tit fairies for ribbons. Absolutely stunning.

Attached: 2019-06-21 22_18_05.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

Augment LCK stacked with its own skill shard plus ring of solomon, gamblers ring, and other luck raising equipment like pleiades or valkyrie dress

For your point in the game, you could pick up a plunderer's ring, the books, and ribbons from the Titania enemies

>Plunderer's rings
There's more than one?

He probably doesn't have it.

Can you actually get that before killing Bloodless?

>it was in the fucking corner
im mad
thanks user

I feel like my Miriam has her mask further out from her face.

do you need a recipe book to make the super endgame shit? i have a few materials from the optional bosses but cant really make anything