Is this shit any good? it's $7.50 right now. also I've never played the first 3...

is this shit any good? it's $7.50 right now. also I've never played the first 3, will that affect my understanding of the story?

Attached: dmc4 ps4.jpg (1500x1500, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34627230
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not really, but why don't you just play them in order?

4 has a shit story. It doesn't matter if you start with it. Just be sure to play 1 and 3 before you play 5.

the first 3 aren't on sale right now and I'm a cheapass

4 is a decent game but it's kind of lacking in terms of the amount of levels and bosses. The characters are extremely fun to play but you'll appreciate that a lot more by playing 3 first.

3 is kinda necessary to get an understanding of dante's character post DMC1
4 also has a kinda shit story, 3 is much better

wait like, a week.
steam sale date leaked, i think it's on the 26

4 is unfinished but if it's that cheap then go for it. Please play 3 in the future though.

Yeah, it's decent. It's a rush-job game that you can clearly see they never finished.

I recommend 1, 3, as essentials first though. 1 is basically Resident Evil, so I actually suggest at least playing REmake 1 first.

It's good, and it even was made for new comers in mind, it's only faults is having a gimped Dante, a lackluster Nero, and the whole going through the game in reverse, but at least you get to play as Vergil, Lady and Trish too

Attached: Hmm...jpg (900x1275, 166K)

5 = 3 > 1 > 4 > 2
all of them besides DMC2 are still excellent games, though

>play REmake 1 first to understand DMC1
What, why? They're completely unrelated to each other

Attached: Confused Credo.jpg (452x452, 139K)

Nero is fantasting
Dante is shit for normal players
4 is literally unfinished

Absolutely fucking based taste
For me
1 = 5 > 3 > 4 > DmC > 2

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34627230

what happens here at around 2 minutes?

he charged shots an enemy and both of them blow up?

>we won't get mundus in the next game

Attached: 1551518173909.png (383x804, 285K)

just pirate it, play through it once and maybe keep it around to play vergil if he truly never comes to DMC5 any time soon

Attached: 1557561153578.png (974x737, 631K)

People bitch about DMC1 saying it's awful because of the camera, controls, and back-tracking. They're used to modern "action games" so DMC1 is such a shock to them since it's so different.

DMC1 is literally spun out of RE4's development. Once you get that the game makes sense. When I first played it, I loved it because it's "action Resident Evil" and felt like an upgrade in every way.

In many ways, I miss the horror and adventure elements. When you died, you were treated to a special death animation like RE2. Spooky atmospheric music. A big beautiful castle to explore.

Why would you tell someone to play Devil May Cry 2?

>is this shit any good?
It has some good parts, and some pain in the ass enemies that make it unfun. But mostly it is good even if far from perfect
>I've never played the first 3, will that affect my understanding of the story?
Lolno. I love DMC, but the story are not really an interconnected saga. You can have them each as standalones and you would understand just as much. Or you would be just as confused.

2 is pretty short and despite all of its garbage balancing it introduces some interesting ideas that 3 later reimplemented with its Style system, it gives you a better appreciation for what they managed with 3

that is kinda funky
i can't remember if 4 blue rose had an AOE effect desu
keep the thread alive, i'll check

4 is literally half a game and was only kept alive in the community by autistic meta combo wankery like abusing engine/physics exploits as dante

yeah, it's supposed to have a knockback effect but it shouldn't apply the 2-part explosion to multiple targets

Attached: 2019-06-21 19-55-21.webm (600x336, 1.09M)

If you can get the HD collection for PC, also you don't even need 2 since it's far removed from the rest of the story, but chronologically it's 3>1>2>DMC anime>4>5

there's annotations in the video but they're in japanese, don't know if anyone could translate (can't copy and paste obviously)

Nah. 4 used to be able to boast having the best mechanics but now 5 has taken that accolade so it has nothing of merit.