The great debate

The great debate

Attached: mspaintisforchads.png (1194x654, 1.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOwKQ7mVc2g
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/12/28/afterwords-paper-mario-color-splash.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What debate? It's not a competition.

Attached: 1508241397631.png (382x417, 242K)

Honestly, I preferred Paper Mario

for me, it's Super Paper Mario

Paper Mario is fun.

Thousand Year Door is a masterpiece.

for me it's unironically color splash

Paper mario

>all of the improvements thousand year door made are moot because muh general white

Attached: 1560116920163.jpg (318x306, 38K)

I like both but I like TTYD a lot more

Best companion thread? Best companion thread.

Attached: Watt_TTYD_unused.png (189x135, 3K)

Wait did you make Goombella darker to match then skin of the goomba on the left?
Anyways TTYD would be perfect if it didn't have backtracking

Attached: alien-cvmothman.gif (75x49, 2K)

I enjoy more traversing the chapters in PM64, but also enjoy more the battle mechanics added in PMTTYD.
Then there's better bosses, music, backdrops and partners in PM64. Let's just say that I prefer the first one, battles alone can't seal the deal for PMTTYD

>Two Guys Shake Hands Over Their Differences When They Spot a Disgusting Drooling Retard.jpg

TTYD is the superior game in almost every way, but I honestly prefer how the first game looked. Never really liked the flash puppetry stuff. Easy to look past for the game, though.

>improvements
1. Can have more than 30 BP
2. Partners have health, turning into infinite meat shields and making fights too easy
3. More badges
Not a lot of them desu

>Paper Mario
Fantastic game. Original concept, fun rpg.
>TTYD
Magnum Opus of the series. Took everything from the first that made it good, and made it better. Best game on the GC by far.
>Super Paper Mario
Deviated a little from what made the originals so great, but was still very fun in its own right. A slight step backwards.
>Sticker Star
Oh no. We have made a terrible mistake.
>Color Splash
Back in the same territory as Super Paper Mario. Huge improvement from SS, but still retains elements that hold it back.

Paper Mario combat was always easy and can be further simplified with abusing badge mechanics in both games. Plus the Pit and Chapter 8 in TTYD manage to be harder than anything in 64.

Never played paper mario. What 64 emulator works well? What fun strategies/badges should I use. I never used power-up/defense-up before, is that fun?

Color Splash may be technically better than SS but it is still the worst game solely because it exists. This is basically Nintendo and Intelligent systems saying "this type of gameplay is here to stay"

I wouldn't even care if they didn't go back to the same RPG styled games from the first 2, just as long as they made a fun game. Christ the combat is so bad in CS. At least SPM managed to be fun in its own right, even if it was a drop in quality from the first two.

64 is far more polished through and through. Even what I consider the shittiest part of the game (jungle segment) isn't even bad. It's just excellent throughout.

TTYD has far better mechanics and has a more interesting world and characters but is ridiculously unpolished. Certain segments of the game are so bad it's almost like they released the game in beta, Boggly Woods in particular with those Puni switches comes across as being barely playtested.

TTYD is objectively the better game, but I did enjoy Paper Mario more

Hi, drooling hetard.

if not for this little nigga I never would have beaten Bowser as a kid

Best girl.

Attached: 225px-vivian_-_paper_mario_the_thousand-year_door.png (225x299, 40K)

Absolutely based and Dimentionpilled.

I like both almost equally. I currently like 64 a slight bit more, but maybe tomorrow I'll like TTYD more.

"Girl"

PM64>TTYD for the sheer fact that there's less annoying backtracking, and Mario can spindash.

>Likes Color Splash, one of the worst games Nintendo ever made.

You have no right to call anyone a retard, subhuman.

>BUT DOODOOO THEY PERFECTED THE CARDBOARD DOOO DOOO

Subhuman.

Chapter 3 from thousand year is legitimately the most fun I have ever had playing a video game in my life.

Might as well ask here:
Is Color Splash worth getting?
Like how much did it improve on Sticker Star

Attached: 5a5.png (354x432, 81K)

64. I honestly think chapter 3 makes TTYD seem way better than it is. Almost every other chapter kind of sucks except chapter 6 as well. Whereas I enjoyed almost every chapter in the first game.

My negroes.
64, TTYD, and SPM are all 10/10 games on their own imo.

They made it worse since you now have to press buttons like 20 times and use the gamepad screen several times just to select a command.

At least Sticker Star was fluid.

If you didn't like SS you won't like CS. The same band of autistic drone fanboys who defend Starfox Zero act like the game is good too. If you're curious, just hack your Wii U or play it on Cemu but do not buy it. Not even if it's on sale.

Chapter 4 alone for me makes 64 better than TTYD

I want to ASSFUCK Vivian

It's fun. It's MUCH better than sticker star, but as previously stated, the fact that it exists means that it's the direction that the PM series is going, which is pretty fucking depressing if you long for the originals.

Nah, Sticker Star was better.

>actual game or backtrack door

Gee ...

The first game has such a unique, almost magical charm.

64 > TTYD

TTYD has WAY too much backtracking.
>Boogly Woods up and down that fucking tree like 5 times just to get an item or carry those pumies to a switch
Not to mention you go all the way right to get the ghost girl, but need to go all the way back left to the get the necklace, and then all the way back right to give the ghost the necklace
>The Arena
Just nonstop shit fights meant to pad the time it took to get the star
>Twilight Town
Literally go all the way right like 6 screens, do a whole castle, and then go all the way back to town, and then all the way back to the castle basement, and then all the way back to the town, and then all the way back up to the tippy top of the castle. Who the fuck thinks TTYD is remotely as good as 64?

Super Paper Mario's geometric folks made Miyamoto kill every OC that was not the bog standard modern mario design, essentially erasing all identity Paper Mario had as its own world with its own people and nothing they could try to add on top of this dry template would ever bring back the charm

As someone who owns (and hates) the Wii U I can confirm that Color Splash is shit.
Hell the entire library barring Mario Maker, Kirby Rainbow Curse, and NSMBU is awful. Even the so called 'hidden gems' I found to be dogshit.

Couldn't stand Xenoblade X with its terrible music and nonexistent plot.
Bayonetta 2, the game I literally bought the console for, was way worse than the first in every area that counted.
Star Fox Zero is one of the worst games Nintendo have ever published in their entire history, and absolutely the worst out of their flagship franchises. I hated it even more than Skyward Sword.
Wonderful 101 is the second worst game by Platinum I have played, only Ninja Turtles has been worse.

>shitting on the glitz pit

Thousand year doos isnt even fun. Paper mario is fun. Paper mario has better team members

While 64 is amazing, TTYD (after chapter 2) is just incredible with its worlds and storylines. Its combat is a straight-up improvement over 64.

TTYD wins - easily - but this does not diminish 64.

Super Paper Mario fags need to be gassed for thinking that:
A) Its combat is 'good'
B) Its story is 'deep'
Fuck off my board.

Who the fuck thinks that the first game's team members are better?
I can understand waifuing Lady Bow but the rest are bland as fuck. They are more useful in combat I guess?
Second game's party members all have far more personality.

What exactly does the second game improve that makes it a significant upgrade over the first?

Best summary of why I can't suck SPM's dick like everybody else. Fantastic gameplay, but a world literally devoid of soul. I don't know how we got there from the first two, which were so unique and well designed. I would say that the identity crisis caused by SPM was the catalyst for the series going to shit afterwards. I blame SPM for making the franchise bad.

I have fond memories over both, but the backtracking was clearly a torn in an otherwise beautiful and intriguing game

TTYD beats it in every single department.

TTYD

64 is great, but TTYD is uniquely wonderful. It somehow takes the notion of making the edgiest Mario game and yet it works perfectly with the tongue and cheek tone of the first game. Nintendo couldn't replicate it they tried anymore.

What do you mean?

TTYD's crowd mechanic alone makes its combat that much more superior to 64.

SPM's worlds wre great, its just the bland combat and easy difficulty that brought it down.

The fact that there is such a heated debate over this combined with the almost 50/50 split over a favorite proves that both are fantastic games worth playing.

Attached: 1560975165841.jpg (326x287, 17K)

>Chapter 4
>Dat oppressive dark atmosphere
>Dat DooPliss
>Dat fake chapter ending halfway through
>Dat best girl (male) joining your party
>Dat final battle with your entire party

Kino chapter

I played CS. Its Sticker Star except with writing that tries way too hard to be cheeky and clever.
Don't.

>the fact that it exists means that it's the direction that the PM series is going
CS has an electronic manual containg some dev comments. In it they state the next game would focus on something else.

Attached: tumblr_n9ams9CuPa1td3k3fo1_400.png (323x213, 25K)

I like TTYD but I feel like most of it feels more drawn out and annoying than 64. Even going to that thwomp place in chapter 1 felt kind of tedious.

Whats the next paper mario game going to be like?

Meant for

There's no RPG mechanics for fighting.
You can get a fail state where the game essentially forces you to reset it.
Like SS, its combat is pointless and should be avoided; a failed game (again) for Paper Mario.
youtube.com/watch?v=hOwKQ7mVc2g

Kooper and Kolorado's interactions are nice

They didn't mention anything specific.
Just that if there were a new game, it be something new again.
I have to find that screenshot of the manual.

I liked 64 more, TTYD improved everything on the gameplay perspective but I think the story got a bit overdone sometimes and backtracking was a pain in the ass. I still love it though and it's one of my favorite games of all times but the original PM is MY favorite game of all times.

I want Vivian to assfuck me

project 64 works fine for me
i usually go both power plus, defend plus, spike shield, ice power, quick change, speedy spin and the rest doesnt really matter. maybe d down jump too. its nice being able to save your FP for partner moves because marios regular moves are strong enough on their own

play the vc version through dolphin

i cant name a more forgettable party member than flurrie

she literally has the most striking design of any of the available party members with those huge lips and fucking knockers.

It was cute seeing a girl bobomb. Also parakarry looked awesome with his wings

do you actually use flurrie when you arent required to?
be honest

the only reason I remember her is because I associate her with the annoyance of chapter 2, fuck the big tree and fuck punies

Found it, it was from an interview
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/12/28/afterwords-paper-mario-color-splash.aspx
>However, I do feel as though we reached the end of where Color Splash is headed, so if we get the chance to continue the series, I think we’ll want to create a Paper Mario with a different system.
Make of that what you will

Attached: 2a1.png (1324x992, 464K)

>Likes Color Splash, one of the worst games Nintendo ever made.
You quite literally never played it or have even seen more than 5 minutes of the game.

that chapter was the only real low point in TTYD for me too

>this type of gameplay is here to stay
I don't know, I really feel like Nintendo is starting to listen to their fans, BoTW and Mario Odyssey are great and to some degree they do what people said they wanted: "more freedom" for Zelda and "a return to the sandbox formula" for 3D Mario.
At the same time IS also seems to be listening with Three Houses with a better story drawing lots of inspiration from Jugdral and Tellius.
I don't want to be too optimistic only to fall down flat on my face with disappointment but I think we will have a more traditional Paper Mario in a near future.

Not this shit again

Yearly replay of PM64 during winter for maxed out comfy
Yearly replay of TTYD in the summer for blockbuster feel
End of debate

Parakerry is the patrician's choice

am I the only one that wants a paper mario game set in a library where it's him going into books for the different chapters

I felt the action commands were more varied and spiced up the combat a lot more after player thousand year door and then going back to paper mario the action commands of the original felt barebone and boring(even though i still come back to PM almost every year)

I want the games to go back to just having the pop-up book look as an aesthetic and minor gameplay element

You new? Yea Forums is obsessed with autistically ranking everything

64 easily

The Thousand Year Door has a better battle system and post-game content, but PM64 has better level design because it doesn't have as much backtracking. Outside of Chapter 6, that is. The Flower Fields can go suck a dick.

Ooh that would be interesting, that way they could make an excuse of telling isolated stories in each chapter that could tie into the main storyline

True but he's literally the worst in the entire series

TTYD is far superior in every way but I find it more difficult to go back and play than Paper Mario

>He didnt cheese Cortez with her
lel

>partner attack up badge
>fiery jinx

Attached: 1469233059418.png (200x176, 66K)

I've never done a danger mario run

>he

It screams tranny desu

since classic PM is dead, would you like a new franchise to pick up the gameplay style?

Attached: tumblr_ngq7xfALuC1t09dnqo3_1280.jpg (886x691, 700K)

vivian is the only tranny

I like the first more, but only because of nostalgia feels. TTYD is superior in almost every way except maybe levels

There's an RPG coming out soon about bugs that is literally paper mario TTYD with bugs.

based

No he means it's no competition that TTYD is the superior one kek

Based and redpilled

>TTYD, more like backtrack haha!

Attached: 1518667031266.jpg (600x900, 148K)

I mean dmc or bayo comes to mind due to style moves but otherwise my own brain confuses me

Attached: 84F1DCE9-BE4A-4613-87E0-D817B53BCE35.png (700x2000, 194K)

>mfw I was doing good in the Pit of a 100 trials
>Got annihilated by Bonetail in five minutes

Attached: angry_pepe_png_41574.png (900x900, 401K)

>attempt to do the pit
>not even 5 floors down and I roll poison mushroom in the roulette

Attached: 1511976402239.jpg (640x480, 46K)