We don't call them loot boxes. We call them surprise mechanics

>We don't call them loot boxes. We call them surprise mechanics.
What did disgusting mutt mean by this?

Attached: BtPtitpIgAAU5OZ.png (736x668, 465K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1141503740605652992?s=19
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mutt? Nah that looks like a white person. Disgusting.

You call loot boxes surprise mechanics?

Attached: 547450_160438384117540_1542051559_n.jpg (600x473, 21K)

She meant:
>"Fuck you EU and Federal Business Bureau! We're going to run a train on your retarded assets."

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1141503740605652992?s=19

Yes! Its a Bay Area expression.

Yes, it's a regional dialect.

eyeh, what region?

It's not rape, it's surprise sex.

No your honor I was not using marijuana, I was using a recreational mood enhancing substance.

Jerusalem

You call them surprise mechanics despite the fact they are obviously loot boxes

What the fuck is surprise mechanics? If I drive a car in the road, will a bunch of mechanics randomly appears to repair it.

a reframing technique that attempts to get the one side to appear to want to ban surprise mechanics as a whole instead of looboxes

And piracy must then be a surprise discount

You know, these surprise mechanics work a lot like lootboxes

ohohoho no, they're patented EA-crates, old company tactics

...for surprise mechanics

Yes!

Yes, and you call them surprise mechanics despite the fact that its obviously loot

Means they have no counter argument and are going to try stalling the upcoming legislative gutting of their predatory business model.

Lmao the absolute mad man

Attached: 1499782622151.png (909x959, 1.44M)

Eeehm, that would be theft.

>imagine defending the right to scam kids
How about making good games instead

>WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME
>bitch, shut your fucking mouth this is a SURPRISE road trip...

It's called a euphemism. Slimeballs have been using them to get around the law for centuries. It's not torture, it's "enhanced interrogation." It's not a quota, it's a "performance expectation."

She looked like she was either on some meds or too nervous.

>Nahhh, I don't call it "problem gambling", I call it surprise mechanics.

Attached: atlantic-city-slots-3a9b1da01bf6bd3c.jpg (768x511, 122K)

Attached: kk.jpg (731x701, 180K)

stfu monkey

>We don't call them piracy. We call them surprise lifelong demos

>no, this is not organ harvesting, it's what we like to call "non consensual organ arbitrage"

We actually call it "copyright infringement" as piracy is robbery and murder on the high seas. It has been labeled "piracy" to demonize the practice whenever civilians practiced it, equating it to aforementioned activities.

Surprise mandatory third party organ charity

I swear, lawyers always do this word substitute bullshit and it pretty much never works. Why do they even bother? It's like when Valve told the EU courts "We don't call them 'digital purchases', we call them 'subscriptions'." and the courts just said "You can call it whatever you want but that doesn't change what it actually is."

I don't call it sex with child. I call it surprise adult experience.

You meant "sexual emergency".

>Copyright infringement

Its more of a 'data borrowing' you see.

I don't call it theft. I call it surprise inventory depletion.

It's an actual term in the court of law, smartass.

ITT: Seething commies

Let the normies who buy garbage EA games get addicted so hopefully their lives are destroyed.

Long live EA and fuck all these Bernie Sander apologists in this thread, you all disgust me, subhuman garbage.

You call it dilate, i call it lifetime inconvenience

Ur stpid if you think lootboxes are bad, gambling is super fun when you finaly get that 1 in 10 000 thing, fuck you, i love EA

Attached: 23476765.jpg (632x632, 69K)

The sad thing is that this argument will actually work.

Because in America you can just bribe the panel. You can't in the EU.

Better get used to sharing because the world you are inheriting won't accept your attitudes. If were lucky we should get to see undeniable evidence of this species hitting the great filter soon.

What kind of sugarcoating is that?

This deserves a screencap.

Did cspan get this?

Surprise intellectual property relocation.

Are they gonna ban Yugioh packs as well? Literally the exact same thing.

LEAVE MOMMY ALONE!!!!
>I bet she has nice surprise mechanics.

Your honor that term is a little harsh. Its third party property usage, not copyright infringement.

It's not piracy, it's extended demo

That's like saying kidnapping isn't kidnapping, it's a surprise party

>tfw you live in a timeline where EA tries to justify it's shit with surprise buttsex

>I don't call it murder I call it "voluntary interruption of pregnancy"

>You raped that woman, got her pregnant, and gave her an STD!
Nonono, we had surprise sex, I improved her child tax exception, and she accepted a convey of my body's cellular refugees.

AND I didn't charge, I would add.

>96th trimester termination

>just to be clear: Your Lootboxes are surprise mechanics?
Doesn't sound like this Euro guy was impressed or convinced by her explanation?

Attached: Untitled 1.jpg (1124x644, 242K)

>that look on her face once she finished that whole explanation
She looks legitimately stressed out.

Attached: 11231.jpg (740x616, 137K)

>Rape? You are mistaken; what I've been talking about this entire time was forced erotic kinkplay

"you can call them what you like. We will still call them loot boxes"
That is what the reply should have been

Rape is just a surprise encounter of a sexual nature

No it wont. Any kind of law written up wont be targeting the use of the word "lootbox". It will be aimed at the general practice of non in-game currency fed random chance mechanics aimed at creating artificial scarcity.

All they really need to do to fix it is create the opportunity to trade between players for things they want. But that would undoubtedly bring in less revenue.

Of course she's stressed out, she's literally the face of this debacle, EA's going to lose, she'll get turfed out and no other big tech company will want to touch her for being the person that equated child gambling to "surprise mechanics".

EA and their legal team have literally thrown her under the bus.

>Epic Games in particular attracted ire from MPs, driven by evasive or baffling answers that seemed to only raise further concerns.

>At one point, Canon Pence claimed it was inaccurate to define Epic as a company which makes money from people playing its games, to which Collins responded: "You're not a charity."

This whole thing was utterly hilarious, both EA and Epic were getting BTFO non-stop.

>At one point, Canon Pence claimed it was inaccurate to define Epic as a company which makes money from people playing its games, to which Collins responded: "You're not a charity."
What in the goddamn fuck? Is this shit literally that impossible to defend that they couldn't even scrape together a decent argument from their expensive legal teams?

its not a pot addiction it's a steady intake of self-prescribed medication

Attached: 11.png (893x882, 586K)

Has the self regulation meme ever worked? Companies always go too every fucking time which warrants government intervention.

Damn Collins blew him the fuck out with 4 easy words

they're literally trying to get children and addictive personalities to buy thousands of microtransactions.

They couldn't successfully defend it with a machine gun nest.

laughing at her was far more effective

I prefer the term Optional Full Discount

I like lootboxes, it's gambling yes and if you spend money on them you're a idiot, so go ahead.

>it's gambling yes
So why are kids doing it?

Do they have proofs that they've been using surprise mechanics from day 1? Did they correct people during the Battlefront 2 debacle that they were confusing the game's surprise mechanics for loot boxes?

The name is irrelevant, it's what the mechanic does that matters.
>Judges get swayed by these shit lawyers

you don't get to rebrand lootboxes EA

Now now, we don't know if they're kids you see. We don't track that metric, your honor. We know nothing about our playerbase in fact.

They aren't kids, they're proto adults.

Yeah like Kinder Eggs

Attached: Skinnering.png (917x888, 878K)

DAILY REMINDER THAT CANCER IS NO LONGER CANCER!

It's surprise exponential cellular growth.

as someone who has to sell hatchimals and shit to kids and parents for 6+ bucks a piece, i hope this goes the other direction for EA and they accidentally break the whole blind box industry.

What's in the mystery box?

>It's surprise exponential cellular growth.
embryos are cancer?

Have these companies made any statements to distance themselves from being collateral damage?

It could be anything, it could even be disappointment.

>tfw your boss is literally Satan
>tfw "mercy" is not a part of his vocabulary

Attached: 1488080290678.png (393x346, 172K)

>tfw duel links still won't be affected by this since the box format puts a hard cap on exactly how much in game or real life currency one has to spend to get a copy of everything in a box
;-;

Attached: 0b83eb08e88900c6c21b3a094d7a89219453f7ac_200.jpg (181x394, 22K)

It's not really property, that's just terminology used to fool dimwits into thinking about ideas in terms of being property. You're also not really borrowing anything because the person who came up with the idea made it public.

It's more like surprise circumvention of a fiat ban against sharing and using ideas.

Maybe if self regulating means creating a better product.
In the current climate however lootboxes make for a better product because normalfags can't be made to care without a huge scandal and then the lootboxes will allow them to make a lot more money off of chinks and whales as well as bonus money off of normalfags.

They create worse games it's pretty much undeniable.
Minimum viable products with little regard for aesthetics or gameplay with more money put into marketing than development.
While you can just call anyone who buys lootboxes idiots you have to remember that almost everyone is an idiot and publishers are looking to exploit the wallets of idiots.

slot machines are also surprise mechanics

We don't call it S4 League. It's Stylish eSper Shooting Sports.

Attached: s4.png (640x360, 151K)

and you call them surprise mechanics despite the fact they are obviously loot boxes.

>muh kids
Let them do it I don't give a shit, how are they getting the credit card info in the first place.

>Worse games
It's EA, those games are going to be shit with or without lootboxes.

Fuck off tourist go die
this site should perma ban everyone with cookies from reddit

>I don't give a shit, let them do it
>Why is everything so shit, waaaaaah

I don't follow the politics of this shit so someone redpill me.

Why does this shitty EU committee ask these representatives, who are obviously privy to how to shill their products in a way that makes them sound less scummy than they actually are, whether their game is scummy or not?
Why wouldn't the committee just get the fucking game in question, play it live in front of the committee and demonstrate the "surprise mechanics" in action and determined based on practice instead of theory.

>Why is everything so shit, waaaaaah
I'm not the one complaining about shitty EA games and they will find another way to screw you with DLC, that you will happily buy because "at least it's not lootboxes".

Lootboxes are not unique to EA games, it has become a standard fucking practice in any videogame at the expense of quality or content being made unlockable by sensible means, like actually playing the game or completing goals. Instead you have to fucking spin a roulette wheel and spend money.

Which games? Battle royale, Sports and F2P shit?

Who cares about those, and in the case of sports, the usual main gameplay is fine.

What's worse? Loot boxes or F2p shit?

Do it yourself

I literally can care less about loot boxes. Companies that release a game for free but the only way to play it is to "wait 7 hours and 30 minutes before this mission is unlocked or pay real money to unlock it now" is way more nefarious

>defending EA to own the "commies"
can't make this shit up

They'll do both if they can help it you know. Just like how you buy a full price game then stuff shit in paid loot crates too and maybe even make you buy a premium currency so you'll always have slightly more or less credit.

I couldn't believe how predatory Fallout Shelters was with that shit.

If that were banned, they either would not release the game at all or it would not be free and they still would sell you some DLC packs of missions, stats, items and so on. Imagine instead of waiting 3 hours, you have to buy the DLC to do the mission.

You end up even worse than when it was free.

I almost feel bad for her lmao
It's like she knows there's no way she'll get out of this cleanly.

Attached: Stages of Despair.webm (640x360, 734K)

>literally can care less
I fucking hate you and everything you could ever possibly stand for. It's just fucking laziness at this point.

>We can't use the word lootbox because we turned it into a dirty word with our practices
>I know, lets just change the word and keep everything the same. That way we can dodge all the negative PR and the laws now being written to ban this practice.
Its literally the sovereign citizen defense. "I'm not driving, officer. I'm travelling. Therefor you can't arrest me!"
Its a sign of desperation.

>Why wouldn't the committee just get the fucking game in question, play it live in front of the committee and demonstrate the "surprise mechanics" in action and determined based on practice instead of theory.
Because they, like everyone else in politics, have no idea what a video game even is.

see
I know what you're saying, but there's not even a real game there to start with anyway. Sure it may seem like theres "mechanics to a game," but all of them are literally useless without spending money here or there. I would much rather Fallout Shelters be released for 5, 10, 20 dollars or whatever rather than just being a useless piece of shit. It could have been a great little phone game like Sim Tower or something.

>sovereign citizen defense
why do these idiots exist?

I dunno man, I'm 30. I've never had the urge to spend lots of money on loot crates, other than buying some skins in CS :GO for literal pennies.

Because politicians keep cutting education funding.

She looks like a tictac

>I've never experienced X therefor X doesn't exist
Imagine actually being dumber than a 3 year old.

>muh gaming addiction (every other form of media is fine tho)
>WHO good, WTO bad

If lootboxes were banned, EA would keep the same shit, only price it way higher to recover the losses and probably delete all free lootboxes, so now you have to pay $60 and more to get anything at all, instead of $60 with a chance of something from the free loot.

And the same whales would be at the top, now with even better shit now that they can just buy the best things right from the start, day one best of the best equipment.

They already have the taste of the money lootboxes bring, they will not give it away just become even worse.

Forget the lootbox shit, I personally cannot stand for people misusing "Could care less" when they mean "Couldn't care less"

People like you are a diamond dozen and it pisses me off.

I can tell you are very young seeing as you care this much about making other people's problems your problem too.

haha

It's a doggy dog world out there, user.

And as soon as people get annoyed about the whales lording their shiny shit over them, they'll either pay up as well (unlikely) or they will stop playing. Thus the game dies, the whales leave because they have nobody to feel superior to and EA gets fucked.

They WILL have to change the system.

i dont call it pirating, i call it a surprise discount

Someone please think of the children so I don't have to pay for my reskins I NEED, unless it involves having tits shown in my weeb games in which case it's censorship and fuck moralfags who think children need to be protected.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why you faggots can't stop yourselves from buying loot boxes? It's like pre-ordering shit as well, what the fuck is wrong with you people? How many examples do you need to not do something instead of needing it to be against the law?

>The foundation of modern society is caring about other people's problems
>"HUUUR DUR Dummy dum dum wants to fix problems."

it is kind of funny that much of the argument against loot boxes here is literally a logical fallacy

>The foundation of modern society is caring about other people's problems

This sounds like it straight up came from some crusty hippy faggot on a state school campus

>And as soon as people get annoyed about the whales lording their shiny shit over them
That already happens today, the only difference is that the company gets more money from the whales, since they have to buy more packs, but they get the best things anyway it only takes them a bit longer like in a day instead of a couple of hours and bit more expensive.

Doesn't make a single difference to the normie.