Sixty dollars is too expensive! n-nobody wants this!

>sixty dollars is too expensive! n-nobody wants this!
>cash grab!
>t-the framerate! it's only 30fps!
>s-s-s-soulless!!!
meanwhile the limited edition is selling out in seconds/minutes everywhere and the amiibo is gone too, cry more

Attached: Switch_TLOZLinksAwakening_E3_artwork_04-2.jpg (4096x4096, 2.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LHwhTv-LdPY?t=728
youtube.com/watch?v=PtC6U8hOZTk
youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/psxUk6HMA5Jhis2GmdaKvg==/page/2/
strawpoll.me/18204325
youtube.com/watch?v=hOo5yr76RJs
youtube.com/watch?v=PtC6U8hOZTk&t=40
youtube.com/watch?v=KgxuzMilgC8
youtube.com/watch?v=W4Ofmt3ZazA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't question, just consume

Attached: 1559813603566.png (380x467, 26K)

Name one good criticism of the LA remake that isn't "m-m-muh n-nostalgia"

>it's only 30fps!
Wait, really? even docked?

60 dollars for 30 fps

>t-the framerate! it's only 30fps!
Really?
But why?
The Switch can CURRENTLY run more demanding games at 60fps.
Why the fuck?

Sixty dollars is too expensive though. I think the remake looks good but that pricing is outrageous.

Digital Foundry did an analysis of the E3 build and it was in the 30's in the overworld which led to speculation that they might just cap it at 30 to keep it consistent. Hopefully they can iron it out before launch though. They've got at least another couple of months to polish it up a little more before it goes gold.

>people who don't know how to market games
>People who don't know how to promote their games
>People who don't know how to keep their games alive
It'll be funny if some of these people are game developers

>twice the price of the original

Attached: shaqsleep.jpg (600x537, 38K)

use the voucher or wait for sales

>use the voucher
I don't care for digital games
>wait for sales
Nigga you know how many years that's going to be?

Just pirate it or download the original.

Everything looks like it's made of clay

okay if you don't like digital, pay up

I've been shitting on this shameless reskin non-stop yet at NO point was I ever under the delusion that it wouldn't sell. Of course it will sell, it's a Zelda game on Switch.

If you still think popularity = quality in the current year, you are legitimately underage.

wrecked

Not everyone has captive hold of an entire generation of American childhoods like Disney or Nintendo.

"iron it out"
"polish it up a little more"
yeah that's not how that works lol

It's the most soulless chasgrab I've seen in quite a while. The fact that it sells like hotcakes, thus achieving its goal as a cashgrab is supposed to prove what exactly?

i got a copy of the limited edition, i want the artbook and Yea Forums is definitely gonna be wrong about this.
Link between worlds was fun, i imagine this will be an improvement to the formula

I don't need to buy it a second time

Attached: 20190621_064419.jpg (2147x3447, 3.2M)

>dx

>meanwhile the limited edition is selling out in seconds/minutes everywhere and the amiibo is gone too, cry more

what are scalpers?

common this happens all the time with exclusive nintendo stuff because scalpers know drooling fanboys will pay 5x for something

Attached: scalpers.jpg (1200x628, 191K)

I know, I'm just expressing my dissatisfaction at the pricing.

I hate Yea Forums buzzwords, but soulless really is the only word for this garbage. I hate this fucking "toy" aesthetic Nintendo keeps forcing into their games, it's not cute, it just makes everything look cheap and unremarkable because they're not trying at all. Nintendo could be doing so much more with this aesthetic, but the original Game Boy version with 4 colours genuinely looks better than this remake. It really is ironic that, with all the resources and power available to them today, they blatantly refuse to take advantage of it, while devs working in the 90s made more with the extreme technological limitations than what is made today.

I got the EU special edition with the gameboy case thing pre ordered. It cost 80 Euro. Will I be able to sell it for profit?

Dunno, I just don't really like this toy aesthetic. Don't really like Zelda in general so it doesn't matter though.

Original is shit

Attached: Wigger Death Metal Drummer with Grill.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

You fucking retarded fanboys are the worst part of nu-Yea Forums, can't discuss BotW without a billion cum guzzlin faggots screamin sales figures and fucking metascores and this pile of shit will be the same thing.

It's literally not an improvement on the formula. It's a Gameboy game with new graphics. ALBW was a sequel, it was derivative but not identical to LttP.

>It really is ironic that, with all the resources and power available to them today, they blatantly refuse to take advantage of it
They'd have to drastically alter Link's Awakening to make use of the tech, and then a bunch of faggots would cry for months on end about things being changed like with the RE2 remake

>ugly reskin for $60
that's a yikes from me dog

Attached: zelda-comparison-1-1.jpg (1310x686, 257K)

Absolute state of capitalism.

I love this meme of retards shitting on DX in a really poor attempt to defend the remake, very spicy.

LA is a masterpiece and ALBW is just okay.

You just described every popular critically acclaimed game being discussed on Yea Forums

30fps? What the actual fuck, why?

Also I don't so much mind the art, I more mind the design changes on Link/his shield.

Really put off by the art style considering LA was my first Zelda game. It doesn't look or sound like it'll have any of the creepy touches that make me like thw game. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.
>it looks like the commercial though!

I don't think that's reason enough to remake a 20+ year old gameboy game. I mean, look what they managed to do with Zero Mission: despite its faults it has a reason to exist.

No user, you fucking faggot.

it's true tho

Attached: 夢をみる島・比較.png (320x193, 9K)

DX is soooo ugly though. Many GBC games were obsessed with being as garish as possible.

I wouldn't even say it looks like the old commercial since in that they were like puppets and not plastic figurines

If the DX version is soulless then the remake must be soul-sucking. Like, anti-soul. Whatever that means.

Still better than the remake's plastic blurry garbage.

Try discussing The Witcher 3, God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man, etc. It's all the same shit.

While 60 dollars is too much imo, it is def a cash grab, and 30 fps is absurd considering the cartoony visuals and low res, it's silly to say no one wants this or it wont sell. Nintendo fans are probably the most blindly loyal fanbase to exist in vidya. FO76 proved that not even bethdrones are as bad. Maybe now that apple is trying to join the market?

>This is a bad thing
Lmao imagine an Earthbound remake with similar graphics to the promotional clay models. Would be kino. This isn’t an issue. 30FPS on a claymation graphics game is.

>people itt are unironically using "soul/soulless" for their arguments
>people itt think $60 is too much when the original game sold for the same price (when adjusted for inflation)

Attached: 1552993431343.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

I've discussed those games here faggot, and the fanboyism isn't even close.

>just consume product!

Its too much because the game looks like shit, this is literally a souless cashgrab. People are upset because of FFVII tits, imagine if it was remade in world of FF style, people would blowup square.

Looks like it should be a $15 game

it's more expensive than what the OG would've cost with inflation

>Its only 30 FPS
How the actual motherfuck does this shit happen? Kirby made me want to vomit.

The only thing I will say, is the game cost $29.99 in 1993 for the gameboy game which is like $54 in today's money. You're getting a whole new set of things in the game + it's remade and it's in 3D/Color/etc. and it's $6 more than it was in 1993.

Ya'll are just poor.

Unless they're adding an absolute metric ton of shit that they aren't talking about for some reason, there's no way that a 1:1 remake of a game originally meant to be played on a fucking Game Boy is going to be worth that price point.

Nigga I dont care if you pirate it or what. Soulless is not an argument and it will be a good game

How does nintendos tiny asian balls taste user? Don't forget to get excited for next product after consuming this one.

Lol. You weren't here at the peak of witcher 3 posting clearly

Greentexting doesnt help, the game IS SOULLES

Not an argument

It will run at 60 on launch, it's the same exact shit that happened with that yoshi on UE4.

My god user just stop.

Well to be fair $60 is more than what the original game cost at release

>crash and spyro trilogy are both $40
>a literal gameboy game is $60

Nah, fuck nintendo
There was no reason to not include the oracle games as well

the difference though is that the game design is 25 years old. It's not like they had to spend $54 per copy to redo the game they made in 1993. it probably only cost a few million dollars to make so they could make a profit from $10 per copy easily

honestly which things have been MORE soulless in the recent past?

That good huh?

>stop pointing out that I'm wrong!!!!!!

The Legend of Zelda: Let's GO Link!

Dang OP you really struck a nerve on some of these guys

have some peak soulless

Attached: 1560290094200.png (496x691, 365K)

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee comes to mind

his face looks like the thinking emoji. It bothers me.

Attached: 1f914.png (512x512, 24K)

This board is so terrible, I genuinely don't understand why anyone bothers to come here anymore.

Attached: 1536588008531.png (545x689, 169K)

And this is what smelly nintentoddlers do to threads.

Yea Forums is a cesspool. Why is this so surprising to you?

His face is literally soulless. It's like that vulnerable sonic redesign.

ALBW was my favorite 2D Zelda, I really wish they had made a sequel to it

habit honestly, this has been dead for years now tho.

Actually talk about games while everyone else screeches soulless memes?

It's indicative of the ongoing creative and intellectual bankruptcy that is the cancer destroying this world. There's nothing functionally different than the game you have already enjoyed. It's nothing more than cheap paint and veneer.

LGPE stripped away core mechanics and content from the previous remake. At least this is the entire game.

Few people here actually liked video games anymore. It's 60% people who treat Yea Forums as their Epic Internet Hangout For Memes (+ /pol/shit) xD, 30% console war and other retarded types, and 10% people who actually want to talk about video games.

>and the amiibo is gone too

What does the amiibo even do?

Looks like phone game chibi garbage, should have just stuck with 2D.

>pop vinyl figure eyes
Soulless. No eyes means no soul

If they did people would be shitposting just as much, probably more

>Yea Forums was always bad just like Yea Forums haha
If you ACTUALLY been here before you would know how fucking retarded you're.

Just out of boredom and e3. The buzzwords nowadays are especially bad. At least s oy and s mh and t bh are filtered through. Thank god

Fuck off, it looks adorable

That's not what pops look like. It's a cartoon style for a cartoon game. Sorry it's not another anime game

Jesus the left looks terrible looking back at it

>colour is soulless
What the fuck

Attached: 074941B5-3F8A-4F4C-92C6-88ECC3A959F6.png (837x794, 131K)

Yea Forums in general is fucking terrible
>go on Yea Forums and it's just cunny
>go on Yea Forums and it's fantano circle jerking
>go on Yea Forums and it's a bunch of plebs talking about dragon ball super or a bunch of super autistic elitists who jump down your dick for asking a question
>go on /r9k/ and it's just incels
>go on Yea Forums and it's edgy teens
The unfortunate fact is that it's the only anonymous messaging board with a frequent and high user base

It has an extra dungeon where putting the dungeon together is part of the puzzle, apparently you can get quite a few rewards from it, including multiple bottles.

It should have been a 3DS game

sure thing newfag

>NORMALFAGS BUY THING MEAN GOOD

No one every went broke underestimating the taste and i intelligence of the American people

>Yea Forums was always bad
When did I say this?

>Not adjusting for inflation
I do agree this game should not cost 60$, but it isn't double the price.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190621-072435_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x548, 108K)

As usual Nintendo fans not only defend their overprized trash, but brag about it. Cult like fanbase.

They'll cut the color dungeon user
Screencap this post I work at nintendo

Yea Forums has always been bad
It's just that Yea Forums has also gotten much worse.
Ten years ago in 2009 you had people who still angrily shitpost over retarded things, had console wars, and made bait threads to shit on people they didn't like.
You still have that except now there's also twitter screencaps, e-celeb threads, /pol/ shit, and other assorted whinings.
It's always been bad, just not this bad.
Hell even 5 years ago was golden comapred to today, I can't wait to see how bad the site gets in another 5.

>NORMALFAGS LIKE THING
>THING MUST BE BAD

yikes

Attached: Coraline_OtherMother.jpg (1200x680, 76K)

Nincels are like Apple fanboys, they’ll buy ANYTHING Nintendo shits out, no matter how much of a scam it is.

Especially if it has ZELDA OMG OMG ZELDAAA AHHH A ZELDA GAMEEEEE

Attached: 8E7DEC4E-F032-4679-9B45-C9B07958C74B.jpg (647x740, 54K)

They had a whole segment about the color dungeon, user.
youtu.be/LHwhTv-LdPY?t=728

And you seething about Nintendo every day is any better?

You think game design is what you need money for? Coding and graphics are literally 99% of actual game development. I know exactly what I am making in a game doesn't magically render my graphics or make my roomate shit out code for me. Also completely irrelevant to that part of your post

>it probably only cost a few million dollars to make so they could make a profit from $10 per copy easily

Imagine spending a few million dollars making a product expecting to only sell it for $10 a piece.

Imagine being as retarded as this poster.

Also imagine maki

Then why did the Wiiu sell like shit? Why did nintendo IPs like codename steam and arms fail? I'm sorry user you are just wrong

True. Maybe if they actually added content like a couple of new dungeons or a master quest mode the price would be justified.

Now you're getting it newfag.

>Wanting to see oracle games ruined by funko shit

Please, drink cyanide

>Responding to wojak shitposters

Guys stop voicing your dissatisfaction with the LA remake. This board isn't for discussing games and criticism. Just praise based Grezzo for blessing us with this $60 product we can get in the Eshop for $10.
It is wonderful and looks great and none of your criticisms are valid because I say so.
Now shut up, go on amazon and consume product.
Then get excited for next product. (Oracle games """"remade"""" in the same way)

Attached: 1550447671538.png (1080x844, 1.33M)

>Someone who liked LA thinks the game is shit, this means it's shit
Should I try to find my gameboy and say that I think the game looks good and is actually one of my favorite games? Will that magically undo this other person's opinion?

>zoomer gets outed
>"lol newfag newfag newfag"
This isn't fucking reddit you retarded, just close the thread instead of cred farming on fucking Yea Forums you mongoloid. Kids these days I swear.

OMGGGG A NEW ZELDAAAAA AHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TYROOONE? TYROOOOOONE? ARE YOU FREE THIS THURSDAY? YES? NIICE PLEASE TELL MY WIFE I’LL BE BUSY WITH THE NEWEST ZELDA GAME

BING BING

Attached: FCB9561C-9A36-42DD-B3E8-9D1D0B6AA755.jpg (960x892, 234K)

imagine being this retarded

same here, I played through this game several times on my aunts gameboy (I didnt own one) and I think the new one looks great.

>he thinks people parroting empty buzzwords like "soulless" are valid criticisms

The point made in the post were valid. The image is dumb

60 bucks for a fucking 5 hour game that runs at 30fps

It's a $60 3DS game.

He cute

I don't care, if Nintendo makes Zelda games with the ugly ass toy aesthetic I just won't buy them. Thankfully I'm an Oraclefag more than an LAfag so I'll only cry if we get Oracle remakes that look as garbage as the LA remake.

He thought "not an argument" was too obvious, so this is what he came up with. Truly fascinating.

BUT IT’S ZELDA

Attached: 70F1ED1A-7937-4FD0-BA93-F587BA54341E.jpg (729x733, 57K)

the image was made because people kept claiming that people who complained about the style of the remake are "zoomers" and "haven't even played the original"

This game is going to be awesome on Yuzu emulator

>The point made in the post were valid.
No they were not. The image was the one sane part of the post, someone had the completely accpetable opinion of not liking the remake.
Making some """"ironic""""" shitpost about how "I don't like this game so anyone who does is an epic shill xD" is retarded.

This. I have played this game multiple times as a kid. It was included in the Gameboy I got. The retail price would have been probably around $30 at the time. The current E-shop price is $8, but you could easily emulate it on your phone today.

If they don't add a shit ton of stuff to this game, you are going to have an experience that cost $60 that can be beaten in an afternoon and the pales in comparison to the original aesthetic (and this is coming from a guy who LIKES the new aesthetic). Even at a price point of $40, that is still way too fucking much for what you get.

Attached: Zelda Two Expressions.jpg (1318x1179, 201K)

IT BROKE NEW GROUND
youtube.com/watch?v=PtC6U8hOZTk

Attached: original.jpg (2980x1757, 686K)

Why do you think I ignore dipshits that whine about games costing more than $2?
These days thanks to steam sales and the like if it isn't a big budget AAA game or a 300 hour jrpg Yea Forums immediately calls it indie trash and says it should be worth next to nothing.
Never mind that if you take into account inflation their prices should actually be a lot higher.

Well, not shit with microtransactions, they make way fucking more off of that than game sales to begin with.

>he thinks people parroting empty buzzwords like "looks good to me" and "what are you poor?" are valid criticisms

"looks good to me" is an opinion
"what are you poor?" is a shitpost buzzword

Attached: 525218-awakening.jpg (1280x1024, 766K)

I never said they were, retard

>"what are you poor?" is a shitpost buzzword
t. pauper

ah okay so how about instead of "soulless" we just say "it doesn't look good to me", will you accept it as valid criticism?

I'm probably going to buy the remake you retard, stop shitposting.

Crash and Spiro are fucking terrible video games

Attached: 12E15598-D7AE-4E0B-8927-009C3D5D2D47.jpg (387x488, 39K)

"soulless" is a shitpost buzzword people use because they're shitposters
"I do not personally like this" is yes, a much more valid criticism of something

>lol if you mention prices you're poor
>lol it is actually cheap
>lol I think it would be better if it costa more
>happy merchant.JPEG

I honestly hope you get paid for this shit because I can't even imagine a real person spoutin all that shit.

Ninceldo cope and dilate, tranny.

Played it at E3 and it was just as fun as I remember it being on the Gameboy.
They even have me this lovely key chain.

Attached: IMG_20190612_134011~2.jpg (2365x2970, 1.2M)

Playing through spyro 1 right now, can confirm it's pretty mediocre.
Even as someone who has collectathon as their first or second favorite genre it's not very good, though maybe it was better in the 90s.
Maybe the other 2 are better.

Funko pops are not vidya

They could of made it 1000 times better.

Limited is being hoarded by scalpers as another user showed in another thread by posting his pre-orders.
Retards on ebay are willing to pay 200 bucks for a €100 limited edition that only includes the artbook and a useless steelcase.
And keep in mind, the base game can be purchased for €45 so you're paying extra 55 bucks for artbook+steelcase.

Attached: 1548190238579.jpg (454x451, 27K)

what's it like being wrong user

Attached: nitro.jpg (275x381, 19K)

Who are you quoting?

*gave

Here's another picture of the lovely displays they had.

Attached: IMG_20190612_133710~2.jpg (4150x3166, 3.15M)

Attached: ohshit.jpg (4000x3372, 3.76M)

Some fucking retarded zoomer.

The only people who are mad about this game are exclusionary nostalgiafags who can't admit it.

I'm excited to play this game. I'm sure the GameBoy version is awful, almost everything on the GBC and GB is.

holy fuck you are such a fag but okay how about this:
"While I do appreciate the original game and the fact that its mechanics are mostly kept in place, I find myself not being comfortable with the art direction, in addition, I find the additions made not be worthy enough of its 60 dollar price tag"

Is that suddenly "good" critisim to you because I expanded "soulless" into many more words?

Attached: 1560709648935.jpg (610x600, 168K)

You play anything else there?

I love Links Awakening but this looks like shit, I guess that means well never get real Links Awakening remake

He's right though

what are you even talking about you diluted retard?

The art style is fucking ugly and the game looks awful.
Especially for full price. The original was honestly more aesthetically pleasing.

agreed. It looks like a pile of ass and i won't be wasting my money.

DAMN SON

Oh it's definitely worth 60 bucks then if not more

It's shit and it's ugly shit.

>Is that suddenly "good" critisim to you because I expanded "soulless" into many more words?
Yes, that's how an argument works. Saying "It's bad" is not a good argument. Explaining why you don't like something is how you argue something.
I know this site is doomed to mobileposters who put half a second of thought into their posts but people used to put effort into their posts, ESPECIALLY their shitposts.

$30 in 1993 is $60 today.

I'm just asking, because the post you linked to didn't say any of those things.
It would sure be embarrassing if you were pretending he said things he didn't, now wouldn't it.

LA awakening is my favorite zelda, but this is just cheap cash grab. Even using cedance sprites or slightly better ALBW models would be better than this shit.

I love the boxart.

Attached: 91P5fueWhzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (926x1500, 278K)

Kek

Attached: 1561093027214.jpg (443x455, 33K)

Does ever stop seething about Nintendo. Christ, they aare the only company to make games anymore but noooooo its so bad

He's right though, video games are fucking cheap and like the cheapest hobby to participate in.

I own a PC, PS4, and Switch and even if I buy a game every month (impossible) that's $720 a year on video games. Big fucking whoop, I spend easily $1000 a year just to play fucking hockey and that's not buying anything other than the ice time for the league, not gear, not sticks, not sharpenings, not tape, etc.

I would kill to be able to get new guitar pedals at the price of a video game, or get my comics for less than $50 A WEEK. Or be able to go to the bar and chat up girls without drinks costing $8 a piece, etc.

Fuck your poor ass thinking video games are expensive.

yup, especially because this will sell extremely well
it stings

Attached: 1550522316251.jpg (1901x1249, 751K)

Yes.

Judgement Eyes
Pokemon
Luigi's Mansion 3
Cyberpunk (Was more of a watch someone play demo)
Psychonauts 2
Granblue fantasy Versus

Met the creator of Shantae. Overall, Luigi's Mansion 3 easily takes the cake as the most fun demo. The new slam mechanic and the gooigi puzzles are so good.

That's why I said Pop vinyl eyes retard. Learn to read. That style sucks

>being this pathetic
lol are you poor?

You can always wait.

Nah bro it's got to be those 3d Zelda faggots who just want another OoT.
>Wtf...? This looks like kiddie shit! When will Nintendo give me a mature Zelda game!
I promise you that fans will dick suck the next mature-looking Zelda game no matter how bad it is and it'll be Wind Waker and Twilight Princess all over again

>The anime is what they were trying to represent in the game
They had judge eyes there? How'd you like it.
LM3 certainly seems like it'll be better than 2 since there's no missions and they've got portrait ghosts again.

>it's not wike the game I imagined in my head when I was wittle! Mommy!!!

Attached: 0585F30A-17ED-462E-900C-913E7FED73ED.png (1000x675, 895K)

That limited edition is the only reason i preorderd
the game, i really dont care about Zelda games that much.

user, these points have been raised a hundred times and people just discard them, so people post "soulless" instead to save time

Holy fuck he actually talked without sounding like a tool!

>mobilefag
>no argument
>shill
>some politics shit
yup

>devs of original game are dead or left the company
>aonuma just assumes what aesthetic they were going for and says they were always supposed to be toys

Attached: tetra.jpg (523x351, 91K)

>as he posts on a board for consumer products
yes, i'm sure you're above the sheeple.

Oh I am. I still don't have a switch. Hopefully the switch revisions are good

>lol I think it would be better if it costa more
>lol are you poor?
Make up your mind.

Attached: bigface.jpg (205x205, 6K)

>Someone regurgitated a buzzword at me so i'll regurgitate a buzzword at them
that's why this site has gone to shit. it's true that people frequently won't have a legitimate argument but that doesn't mean you should start spouting buzzwords as well

Tranny discord obviously.

is judgement good? I thought it looked fucking rad

>people itt think $60 is too much when the original game sold for the same price
>(when adjusted for inflation)
First of all GB/GBC games were never $60 you disguising zoomer

The combat felt a lot more fluid than the Yakuza games, which was great. I enjoyed it, will probably pick it up at some point.

So, like Bloodborne?

>60 bucks for a fucking 5 hour game
Now this is a genuine complaint. There are planty of AAA games with a similar playtime, I skip all of these too

lol that is not an argument lolxX

ironically this image was made well before the remake's reveal

Attached: 1550101504077.png (671x375, 44K)

There's the fotns game which had slightly better combat if that's your thing. but yea i'll probably get it too

You also get a lot more bang for your buck today considering how much you get our of a $60 game. A remake of a Game Boy game with almost no new features and a fresh coat of paint does not warrant a full game price tag. I love the original, and I am sure this new one is going to be at least decent, but not at that price point. I will wait until it is in the $20 bin.

Attached: SSB Zeldas.jpg (800x600, 307K)

>meanwhile the limited edition is selling out in seconds/minutes everywhere and the amiibo is gone too
This argument again? I'm not a shitposter but check eBay right now.

>people think Funko's are not a phenomenon and Link's design inspired by it is a problem

>and Link's design inspired by it is a problem
imagine being this stupid

thanks for lying shill. funko pops don't have eyes like that, they're perfectly round, I doubt some faggot got the eye shape and eyebrows perfectly right in a shitpost. Don't lie.

Attached: 8AB0C474-C1BC-4063-8452-FAC0D08AAC90.png (596x560, 416K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0
>I see you bought the Link's Awakening remake.
>ya i used jons credit card
>Who's Jon?
>teh human taht lives here w/ meh
>I see. Do you think the remake was worth sixty dollars?
>ya. who dusnt hav s1xty dol3rz? i wipe my ass w/ 60 dol3rz!1
>That's not what I asked. I asked if you thought that the remake was worth it.
>i dun undrst4nd teh difrense
>I didn't think so. Personally, I don't think the remake worth sixty dollars.
>y
>The new artstyle and music just don't appeal to me very much thematically, so really, if I paid the sixty dollars, all I'd probably be doing is auto-piloting a game I've already beaten, which doesn't really seem worth nearly twice the original game's retail price to me. And the "dungeon maker" idea sounds like something that should have been a separate game to begin with, considering the success of Mario Maker and the demands for a similar concept with Zelda. You can argue that making Mario levels is more simple than designing dungeons, and that bundling it with an existing game ensures that people will get to sample it and see how they feel, but it doesn't detract from the fact that an actual Zelda Maker would have more depth to it than the limited dungeon maker the remake has. My point is that I don't really think the remake features are worth it. The remake should have been a cheaper, in my opinion.
>taht wuz quit3 a mouthful!!1 i gess ur used 2 that kind of thign
>Nice one! I see what you did there. Instead of addressing my points, you took everything that I said and turned it into a sexual joke, implying that I suck men's penises. Fantastic.
>LOLOLLOLOLLOLOL
>"LOL" indeed.
>w/e ur just 2 p00r 2 affoerd teh rema3k
>It's not a competition about who has the most money, you fucking idiot. It's about a personal sense of worth. But I guess that's a concept that's too complex for your hopeless, juvenile, idiotic brain to understand.
>
>
>hahhahahhah ur p00r u cant affoerd stuff
>Sigh.

Attached: arby n chief.png (908x691, 477K)

It's basically a plastic physical form of DLC that is often times downright P2W (Mario Odyssey allows you to get a free 6 heart as much as you want with a Peach Amiibo, Bowser amiibo will show you where purple coins are, and Mario amiibo will let you be immortal for a few seconds).

Nintendo fans will bash other shady companies for implementing cashgrab DLC, but will kick and scream if you point out Amiibo is just that while trying to say "B...But it's different!"

Luckily you can easily make your own Amiibo with NFC stickers and an old android phone.

Attached: px7PvqZ.jpg (2208x1656, 364K)

50 dollars a week on comics? What’s the size of your pull list?

Though what is Nintendo’s justification for the price point on this game? I like the graphics and the original game but it was never meant to be a full price title, the dungeons are short and the bosses are easy for the most part

Bootlicker

>that is often times downright P2W (Mario Odyssey allows you to get a free 6 heart as much as you want with a Peach Amiibo
this is the funniest shitpost exaggeration I've ever seen

No it wouldn’t

Oh, it's almost like anything Zelda will sell regardless of how shitty it is.

It came out in 93

I played it at E3 and it was very jaggie, hope they fix that before release

literally doesn't change a thing if they're scalpers or regular people, sales are sales fag

Got this for €79, for €19 more than the original price, it seems worth it

Attached: 1560368312462.jpg (1080x1080, 223K)

What about the standard edition? You know, the one that humans buy?

fpbp

Why do you guys go on the video game board if you hate games so much? It's not an affront on you and everything you love for a game to be made with an art style you don't like at a perfectly acceptable frame rate. Get a grip.

Attached: LtnPWRQ.jpg (715x600, 271K)

They're all out of stock here in the UK. I'm also not willing to pay double the price (£79.99) for a couple of extra gimmicks, so I'm just settling for the standard £39.99 edition.

>just consume product

just proves that Nintendo doesn't even have to try and all it's sycophantic fans will eat up whatever shit is shoveled onto their plates. (Game looked good until that digital foundry video revealed the frame rate issues)

I hope this Link gets in over Toon Link in the next Smash Bros game.

I never thought I'd see a game that had less of a reason to only be 30FPS than Kirby Star Allies, and it seems I was swiftly proven wrong.

Attached: 1537465304945.png (680x848, 518K)

No. Don't consume product if you don't want to. But this is unironically a fine product, it's insane how much people want to whine.

Sony faggots will never forgive Nintendo for not going bankrupt during the WiiU era. They could barely conceal their delight after the switch reveal that Nintendo was doubling down on their blunder and would surely die soon leaving sony the uncontested master of vidya. The switch's success has broken them.

what does the amiibo do?

the blur fucks with my eyes

>But this is unironically a fine product
But it isn't, it's a very short game, a game boy remake, for $60 bucks. Disregarding all the other criticism, this is unacceptable.

$60 for a game that costs $6 on the 3ds eshop

How much is the limited edition priced at in euros? I was thinking of buying that it looks pretty neat

seen it for like $200 on ebay

I'm above OP who derides criticism for the sake of asinine consumer politics

You can buy LADX for far less on the 3ds eshop

Why does length of the game directly determine price? How much should an hour of gameplay be worth?

>meanwhile the limited edition is selling out in seconds/minutes everywhere and the amiibo is gone too, cry more
literally none of that negates the prior points

They are, I played 2/3 to death as a kid but dropped Spyro 1 after 2 hours when I got around to playign it.

60 DOLLARS FOR A GAME BOY TITLE

First off, the fact that you use stuttering text in your post already makes you a faggot. Also, a product's commercial success is not a good indicator of its quality. Look at endgame for example.

>How much is the limited edition priced at in euros?
80? 100? assuming you can find one

Wtf dude I just thought the other way around. And I have a 1080ti, I'm playing that game on my $2500 gaming pc....

>as he posts using a consumer product
Really says a lot about our society.

How much should it be then, and why? It's not a GameBoy title, it's a new game based on a GameBoy title.

No it wasn't.
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/psxUk6HMA5Jhis2GmdaKvg==/page/2/

Are you asking me to set a price?
Instead let's just take it a step further and make a 3D graphic remake of Pong and sell it for $60. Would that be okay?

>Zelda game going down in price.

For me, it looks gud.

What price would you pay, Yea Forums?

>If you don't like this bad video game then you hate video games
I hate this fucktarded argument so much

>IT'S SIXTY DOLLARS FOR FIVE HOURS OF PLAYTIME!!!
I remember when video games were eighty dollars for half an hour of playtime. You bunch of broke jobless bitches are just crying for the sake of it.

I am asking you to set a price. It seems like you have a problem with this one, so you surely would have an idea of what a more reasonable one would be. As for Pong, that's a comparison a) made in bad faith, and b) that doesn't follow through. Don't change the subject. If you have a problem with the price, tell me one that's more reasonable and why it's more reasonable.

>things used to be bad so they should be bad now too

Gonna mention something no one has mentioned before I think, but the game only has 8 DIRECTIONS. Even when playing on the stick.

>comparing a game as simple as Pong to a Zelda game

Attached: 1558686422873.jpg (929x1200, 116K)

>not buying it on release then just selling it days later for almost full value
Why does no-one do this anymore?

It's hilarious how a bunch of people who pride themselves on how much they steal and pirate games are throwing such a shitfit over something they're not going to pay for anyway.
>but if it wasn't so expensive I wouldn't pirate it!
Horseshit, you people pirate games that cost five bucks and crow about how awesome you are for doing it.

>holding the spoon the wrong way

>implying that zelda is complex or has depth

I've only pirated 1 game, which i ended up buying anyways. And i'm not going to buy this game for 60.

Thanks for ignoring my post entirely and only using it as a means to keep crying about pirates

It's not a comparison made in bad faith.
Answer the question.

>games should be priced how -I- want them to be, which would be two dollars and a booger-covered handkerchief!

>This game is selling at the same price as BOTW
Defend that, retards.

Didn't ignore anything, you people never want to pay ANY amount of money so why are you crying about the price when you're just going to p[irate it anyway.

I never mentioned piracy so stop fucking bringing it up, cretin. My post is about how your shitty "games used to be 80 dollars" argument is fucking garbage. I pay for games. Therefore, I care about the price of a fucking game being too goddamned high.

I asked you a question first. Tell me a better price and why it's better or fuck off.

And from what I've seen on Yea Forums you think any price is too high.

What price should it be sold at and why?

I can't since we first have to agree there's some standard that isn't completely arbitrary.
If you agree that 60 for pong is too much then clearly we agree there are limits and we can discuss the price in depth. If you don't I'll just make a number up and say that's my standard and you'll have to eat it up.

>you
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you had a magical fucking list of all of my Yea Forums posts. I didn't know that. Wait, it doesn't fucking exist and you're making an assumption, simpleton.

>remake of a gameboy game without any significant additions
40 USD.

Why do these fags always take pictures with their mouth gaping wide open for their boyfriends cock

You're already making up a number. I understand that you want to make this about something it's not, but whatever number you can give is completely arbitrary. If $60 is too much for you, that's fine. I don't give a shit. But it's not a criticism of the game.
Why is $40 a more reasonable price than $60?

strawpoll.me/18204325

strawpoll.me/18204325

strawpoll.me/18204325

vote bros

Attached: 3m2toy4iicxy.jpg (711x800, 66K)

>without any significant additions

Attached: The Legend of Zelda_ Link’s Awakening - Nintendo Switch Trailer - Nintendo E3 2019 1-27 screenshot (854x480, 415K)

This literally means nothing with Nintendo. All of their amiibo sell in seconds because they refuse to adequately stock their products, same goes for any special edition.

Weaseling out I see, just what I expected. Typical shill behavior.
And I didn't criticize the game, just its price.

Then tell me a better price and why it's more reasonable. Don't project your weaseling onto me.

>they refuse to adequately stock their products
nice meme

Attached: ma-zi.jpg (384x384, 12K)

>467386573

This isn't significant. It's literally rooms from existing dungeons.

Anything $40 or below.
Why is that more reasonable? Because all remakes that add only graphical updates operate in this price range. I see no reason LA remake should exceed that as it doesn't stand out in any significant way.
That's the most objective thing you get without actually answering my question you weasel.

I'd be into it. Imagine earthbound looking like Hylics. Fucking trip.

That's at least something I can work with. I can agree that that's at least a reasonable argument and comparison, but there's nothing that makes $40 less arbitrary than $60.

$60 dollars IS to fucking expensive though

There's nothing that makes $25000 less arbitrary than $60 either, that's why I asked you to agree that $60 for pong is too much.
If we BOTH agree that there's SOME standard we can objectively assess the situation and agree OBJECTIVELY about things in the scope of our conversation.

I'm really digging this art style.

But the standards we're working from are arbitrary. There's no objective price off in the world of forms that we can judge things against.

Enjoy your $60 remake of a 20+ year old game.

Attached: propaganda.jpg (640x466, 29K)

No user, if we agree on some objective standard(Even if we arrive at it through subjective means) we can make objective assessments about it, it doesn't matter if they're subjective outside our conversation because other people don't agree with it.

Bloodborne was 60 dollars for 24fps, dumbass

The standard is not objective. We can agree that something objectively fits or does not fit the standard, but there is no objective standard.

This is unironically the most soulful game of 2019

It's a means of driving conversation and not getting caught up in language, it's like agreeing to a premise in a typical argument.
"Blue is objectively the best color" is obviously wrong, but if we both agree, we'll use it as an anchor point and objective standard for our evaluation of color in the scope of our conversation. It assures there's no "well blue isn't actually THAT great" along the line.

Normal for Nintendo. You forget when Miyamoto was backpedaling and saying Link had ALWAYS meant to be Toon Link, that's what he had in mind in the 80s, we just didn't get it.

Then I'm not sure what going off about an objective standard was for. I'm fine with agreeing to use the standard of other similar remakes as an approximation for what LA should be priced at, but you've derailed that into talking about objective standards.

Isn't this standard pricing for Nintendo games anyway? Even 1 2 switch was 60 at launch. This is just the way they do business.

Yes, at least for Switch games. This is the standard I'm working off of.

What was wrong with the original Link's Awakening art style?

Also why is the Hylian Shield now in every game? Granted it's a cool shield but they're cheapening it by shoehorning it into every game without reason.

Ocarina of Time should be remembered for more than just introducing a cool looking shield.

Attached: 3082160-laconcept.jpg (1327x728, 494K)

>but you've derailed
oh man I'm done

The artstyle is shit, the music is now flutes, whistles, and ukuleles from an 8-bit rendition of brass, violins, percussion, wind instruments. Fucking ironic considering the objective of the game is about collecting instruments of various types and flavors.
It does one thing right in allowing you to make custom dungeons but has no real reward for actually doing it.
No word on if Link's Awakening DX content was ever ported over or not.

60 dollars please.

That's not the artstyle used for the original game, even if it makes for beautiful concept art. They're going for this style because it's in the same vein as the original while also being modern. As for the Hylian Shield, I kind of agree, but I don't mind it in this case because this Link has already had a few adventures so picking it up is fine.

Attached: mnP7jzE.jpg (561x600, 155K)

>tropical game uses tropical coded instruments
That sure is a flaw
>No reward for making dungeons
Is it not a reward on its own?
>No word on DX content
The color dungeon is confirmed.

that's pretty amazing how you managed to make 4/5 completely inaccurate generalizations in 1 post

people buying low effort shit like lootboxes and the la remake are why games will continue to get worse

its 40 tho

It just looks like Ness in cosplay.

Link is a teenager with big blue eyes and a pointy nose. Why are they reducing him to soulless Funko Pop voodoo doll?

Attached: Link_in_a_Dungeon_(Link's_Awakening).png (618x800, 666K)

it's €70 on amazon.de

He doesn't look like a Funko, though. The only thing similar between the two artstyles is the dot eyes, and by that standard, classic Disney is Funko. The artstyle is similar to Earthbound, which came out at a similar time and probably captured what the people who had worked on the original LA wanted to better than they had with LA. Hence the people working on the new LA doing something in a similar style today. I understand that this is Yea Forums so words like soul/soulless and Funko are inevitable, but please at least try to think.

>That sure is a flaw
Yes it is, listen to the original soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=hOo5yr76RJs

Here's the remake's version of the same track:
youtube.com/watch?v=PtC6U8hOZTk&t=40

Wow, great job Nintendo. You turned what was supposed to be an entire brass and percussion section into violins and MIDI-tier coconut clacking.
If you don't think that's a flaw then I'm sorry that you're deaf.

Yes, this is enough to break the deal for me because LA was my first Zelda game, and it has to be perfect. The visuals, aesthetics, design, sound, music, it has to be top-notch and not Nintendo's leftovers from their B-team.

>Is it not a reward on its own?
No, making the game because Nintendo won't do it isn't a reward on its own.
If you could share dungeons with other people, that would be a draw. So far, no word on that and it probably isn't worth the effort required to do so for this summerware game.

I mean, if I was deaf, I wouldn't be able to hear the music, which sounds fine. The original has no brass either, yet you think it's fine. I'm not sure what to tell you.

>The artstyle is similar to Earthbound, which came out at a similar time and probably captured what the people who had worked on the original LA wanted to better than they had with LA.
>source: dude trust me

Just because the setting was an island with small sprites doesn't mean that "ukeleles and chibi" should flavor the entire aspect of the game.

>"Hey Statler, why do they call it "Link's Awakening""?
>"Because people are finally waking up to Nintendo's schemes!"
>"DOHOHOHOHOHO!"

Attached: StatlerWaldorf.JPG.jpg (450x336, 46K)

I'm not bashing LA or anything, but I'm 100% sure it's scalpers. Happens with every SE game I want to get.
>Nintendo sells for $80
>Sold out
>Amazon and ebay sell for $150
>100+ available

uhhhh

Attached: 1538384075348.jpg (225x316, 23K)

Why shouldn't it? It's fine if you don't like it, but those things aren't flaws.

They have a lot of potential to make a sequel that takes place in lowrule where you play as Ravio

nindshartie fans will insist graphics don't matter until they are blue in the face, while buying remakes of 20 year old games instead of playing the originals.

Aesthetics matter, graphics don't. That said, both are fine in this game. There's nothing to screech about here.

>Why shouldn't it?
Because the game becomes one-note and boring if you are always getting the same type of visuals and music. Zelda games have lots of variety within their games and from one another.

The good ones anyhow. Not the 40 copy-n-paste toon Link shit they had during the dark ages.

>Original has no brass either.
Yes it does. Just because it's in 8-bit doesn't mean that they weren't trying to mimic the sound of the instrument.
Here's a french horn:
youtube.com/watch?v=KgxuzMilgC8
Compare to Tal Tal Heights main melody.

You can tell that's the instrument they were trying to mimic because you can hear it in the eight instruments song:
youtube.com/watch?v=W4Ofmt3ZazA

By this logic, the remake doesn't have any instruments either because that's all very obvious sampling, as well.

>in b4 "Why is this important"
Because my parents bought me Link's Awakening for twenty bucks back in 1993 and now Nintendo wants me to pay sixty dollars for a version that I can compare to the original and see the glaring flaws in it. The only real advantage it has over the original is the graphics and controls upgrade.

There's like six toon Link games, all of which are great. That said, LA's remake is the only game in the series that has the style it does. So it's not the same kind of music or same visual style. Problem solved, no? Though they did reuse the original LA's style twice for the Oracle games, do you have a problem with that?

>60 dollars for a game boy game
Why are the other remakes of more powerful games reasonably priced while Zelda bootlickers will pay for a game that costs the same amount as BOTW or Mario Odyssey?

Attached: 5d6kng7ktn231.jpg (640x1032, 146K)

>a cello, conch shell, harp, xylophone, triangle, piano, drum, and ocarina make the same sound as a French horn
Ok. I understand you have nostalgia for the original, but none of the things you're pointing out are flaws. They're just things you don't like.

$60 for a near 1 to 1 remake of a 15 hour game.

They really did. But oh well, maybe someday

I really want to get the game but it really should only be $40. $50 at most if there's more content they added.

you're right, BotW's price should reflect how much more content is in there, call Nintendo support and tell them to sell BotW for $250

>This many people complaining about 30fps
Why the fuck would this game even need to run any faster than that?

Just how fucking retarded is it that I plan to play this game in black and white?

Hopefully there are no color oriented puzzles...

Attached: Themoonisbeingafaggotagain.jpg (1080x1060, 307K)

Sonic Mania is $20 and gave about 2 weeks straight of fun and is still fun to this day.
Can this game have replay value on that level?

There were total model changes between the reveal in April and E3, we could easily see the framerate go to 60. I don't believe it needs it for a title like this, but it's not unfeasible.

If it's not 60 FPS 4K it's bad

>There's like six toon Link games, all of which are great.
I mean, I guess if you were a kid when they came out. No one is going to look back fondly on Triforce Heroes or whatever that crossdressing game was. Pure brand dilution.

You missed my larger point. A good Zelda has variety within it. This looks like other Nintendo remakes which homogenize everything and smooth all the rough edges out. Pass.

Okay Graphics don't matter, which is why the switch is nothing but ports and remakes. Okay. I don;t think you know how capitalism works.

>Minish Cap isn't considered one of the best 2D Zeldas
>Wind Waker isn't considered on of the best 3D Zeldas
I'm curious, what kind of "variety" is this game lacking that other Zelda games have?

How are you going to greentext "when adjust for inflation" and still not read it? It had the same full game value pricing that $60 for games are today.

Now try making your point without being a retard.

>implying Triforce Heroes wasn't fun af

Unpopular opinion, but both Funko and Nendroids look souless.
A one-dimensional happy face as an adult just makes shit look yandere to me.

I just wish performance was better. I’d be really stoked otherwise

You mean Nendoroids? I agree. I only have the isabelle nendoroids because it doesn't look too strange and it fits well. I almost got a retsuko funko pop because it actually looks like her. The quality is pretty bad though so I haven't done it yet.

>Greentext
Uh yeah. Both of those are true statements. If Minish Cap wasn't so insultingly easy it would be one of the best 2d games. Shame all that effort on sprites was wasted.

>variety
Tonal and aesthetic variety. LA clearly had areas that were meant to be silly, or funny, or creepy, or surreal. If you have all the instruments and graphics look the same, you smudge over everything and it loses its distinctive qualities. Zelda titles have always, always been more than the sum of its parts. If you try to make everything look or sound the same, without the excuse of being a NES game, you're going to suffer. A lot of indie Zelda clones fall into this trap.

fixed it.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190621-110940_Samsung Internet.jpg (1079x457, 75K)

Most of them still work for Nintendo.

>yfw next Smash character DLC is Funko Link

Of course it sells out. The nes classic sold out too, that doesn't make it a good investment, just means Nintendo is really good at anticipating demand and delivering just enough to almost satisfy it, increasing perceived value and rarity

They actually made better functionality with more available buttons on the switch you fucking trog. Now you don’t have to me I switch between menus all the time

Lot of valid criticism itt but I agree with you most. It's not just gaming, it's everywhere now. There's no more niche entertainment being made, costs are so high for development and marketing that everything has to appeal to everyone to recoup them. To market to the masses you must cater to the lowest common denominator.

It's primarily the price point of $60 for a Gameboy game. I love Link's Awakening, its my favorite 2D Zelda, but that doesn't overwrite my common sense as a consumer.
Subjectively, I don't like the artstyle, at least for NPCs. I enjoyed the Toriyama-lite expressions Link rocked in the original more.
I atleast hope the music will be good to listen to.

piss poor b8 m8 try again

>Don’t have a brain, just shitpost

he's already in as a spirit which also pseudo-confirmed Wart will still be in the remake

You can tell just by looking at this guy he'd push and shove to the front of the line to suck Hillary's cock