Become the first company to have a decent shot at dethroning nintendo through aggressive marketing and competitive tech

>become the first company to have a decent shot at dethroning nintendo through aggressive marketing and competitive tech
>squander it all with shitty nogames consoles and rushed sonic games
>live to see your rivals prosper, with nintendo in particular going stronger than ever
>only the weeb studios you aquired are successful, and your mascot has officially entered life support mode

Attached: sonic-running-through-sega-logo.png (912x352, 17K)

Such is the fate of the cursed Sonic timeline. I'm surprised you didn't bring up the horrific movie that is coming.

Only the fans can save Sonic. Sega have abandoned him.

Attached: 44354433344.png (1366x768, 585K)

Mania 2 is the only thing they could put out that could even potentially sell

Nintendo is ass raped by sony tho

Attached: 1548257867913.jpg (960x726, 284K)

No? Switch is selling faster than the PS4 did and the PS4 is almost over

Sega was good in 1989, 90 and 91 when Japan had the last word
Once Sega of America started burning cash with shit like Sega 32X and surprise Saturn launch they couldn't recover anymore. Sonic Team didn't have a decent leader to tell the team to fix their camera and make polished games

Only took it three/four years to start beating it, and the PS5 arrives soon. Not just console sales, user.

Attached: 1556429182204.jpg (1400x1956, 1.08M)

>Not just console sales
nintendo beats sony in metacritic scores and software sales too, snoyboy

No, it doesn't, nintendildo.

>Sonic Team didn't have a decent leader to tell the team to fix their camera
Stuff wasn't as intuitive to code back then. If I'm not mistaken, they were still using 3x3 matrices to define rotations and stuff. To "fix" the camera would probably mean going in and manually fixing that crap. And competition meant you had to get stuff out the door, especially in SEGA's Dreamcast position.

I thought the issue with SEGA wasn't specifically SEGA America, but that each branch wanted each other dead for corporate dominance. So they stubborn-d themselves into getting out of the console space. Or maybe I'm mistaken, feel free to correct me.

And even that wouldn't generate the same buzz and hysteria that Mania 1 did.

What hurts the series isn't just sales, it's the fanbase being so fractured (the different factions mostly boil down to how much shit they're willing to eat).

98, 97, 97. And as for software sales, the best selling Sony exclusive on PS4 (TLoU Remastered) has sold 15 million in 4 years. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has sold 16 million on Switch in 2 years.

The closest a Sony game has gotten to Nintendo tier scores in recent years was GoW4, and everyone fucking forgot about that game in a matter of months. BotW, meanwhile, continues to be discussed and is getting a direct followup.

Thats about right. And they had no problem getting into law suits with other companies because branches would constantly break agreements.

Going easy on you, don't make me post the Travis game.

Attached: 1548226401394.jpg (1499x1323, 541K)

Attached: 1549399279440.jpg (443x909, 166K)

PS5 isn't guaranteed to do well, snoyboy
Take your consolewarz somewhere else, this is a sega thread

few million sales doesn't change the fact psn alone made more money than ninty in 2018, user. top kek

that's cope

Attached: 1549336322011.png (977x742, 396K)

yeah like the ps2, and ps3, and ps4, guaranteed, user.

Attached: howthefuck.gif (650x366, 2.58M)

>no 97
sasuga snoyboy

imagine shilling the company that produced ghostbusters 2016

nothing makes me kek harder when you btfo a nincel in all points and then nothing else comes out but

".... well 97" LMAO

true cope

No need to shill, they've already made the money

Attached: 1541144537722.jpg (1106x1206, 209K)

Still not over that one are we incel?

The problem was allowing regional divisions to be at eachother's throats, and that was caused by giving America the undue time of day to make decisions. If they'd cut the US out of the picture and focused on their strong regions, they wouldn't be crazy successful, but they could've weathered the storm.

>tfw Nintendolad and loved Ghostbuters 2016

what the fuck does this mean

Attached: 1529493566336.gif (840x488, 252K)

>sega's (((founders)))

hmmm this actually explains a lot

Attached: Untitled.jpg (700x255, 27K)

The movie is giving Sonic a redesign, though

why would you lie about something so easily verifyable? its a 97 on metacritic.

Sega started as an american company way before they made games. Those guys have nothing to do with the genesis.

>red dead redemption xbox version
>sony
???

Didn't some of them still oversee things as they started to make games though? It was never truly a japanese staffed company and I think that was one of the many reasons why they made so many poor decisions at that time. So many missed opportunity that they could have taken.

that will fix the terrible world, writing, and entire universe making it a 10/10 film won't it user

IT SMELLS LIKE A HAM SANDWHICH IN HERE

so it's the same

xbox is even more irrelevant than you, they're not even worth bringing up

Attached: PLEASEGODNOPLEASEGODNO.jpg (1648x1426, 1020K)

>"only the weeb studios you aquired are successful"
>Forgetting Total War, Warhammer, or Football Manager games

Attached: 1542316593040.jpg (607x658, 56K)

Alright, I kek after reading this post. Nah, it won’t fix it.

The Saturn was the end of Sega. Not only was it a complete BITCH to code for, which meant everyone fled to Sony, who made a console that was objectively worse but comparatively simpler, but the success of Virtua Fighter in Japan prompted a rushed release in the west which killed all the hype, because westerners didn't give a shit about VF.

But Sega Japan weren't fully to blame. Sega America was just as retarded, refusing to bring over many of the best titles for the system because they were terrified of anime and appearing too Japanese. It's thanks to these absolute fucking retards that straight up masterpieces like Sakura Wars are basically unknown in the west.

The Dreamcast was just too little, too late.

Of course since the design of the main character is all people care.

Hope you’re ready for Sonic flossing.

>refusing to bring over many of the best titles for the system because they were terrified of anime and appearing too
every single time. and japanese games on average still remain to be better than western games on average. they really haven't learned

Jap companies are retarded

This but it was the 32x and SegaCD that started the downfall. Too many fingers in different pies.

It’s crazy how this fanbase breaks down even more after each new Sonic game/media. Don’t know much about it, but is the Mega Man fanbase as fractured as this?

not even close
not every mega man fan plays all the games but they aren't spiteful towards one another

The 32X coming out, and then being replaced by the Saturn within a year didn't help much, but all the consoles had dumb gimmick addons back then. The PC engine had super CD rom, the famicom had the disc system, the sufami had the fucking Satellaview.

The real problem was the Saturn. A poor launch followed up with poor game support, as their market presence was eaten away by Sony.

Virtua Fighter had the big issue of being too much of a Street Fighter Clone roster wise

Once Tekken came along they had no choice even if VF was the better game technically

And NiGHTS had the huge issue of being too "weird" even for the standards back then, and it was too hard for the causals even if its regarded as one of the best 3D games of its era

Honestly Non Sonic SEGA IP seem to be Sega's biggest issue back then

I just want a new House of the Dead on console, a Sega Bass/Marine Fishing, a Crazy Taxi, or Skies of Arcadia.

Stop making Sonic games. I don't care that every now and then one good one comes out. I fucking hate Sonic and I hate that you spend so much money and time into his shit-fuck-awful games.

Reminder that the best selling non Sonic game on the genisis was this DisneyKino

Attached: genesis-disneys-aladdin-screen.png (648x409, 16K)

I want super monkey ball. Besides Bayonetta, What non-Sonic Sega franchises that aren’t dead?

Sonic is good though

>sonic adventure 1
>sonic adventure 2
>sonic 1
>sonic 2
>sonic 3
>sonic and knuckles
>sonic battle
>sonic rush
>sonic shuffle
>sonic generations
>sonic advanced

and many others, all good sonic games

Yakuza and Atlus games

>the PS2 did amazing, the PS3 will do even better

Only one of those games was made in the last decade. You could also add Mania, but that was outsourced.
Sonic is rarely good.

Sonic Mania Plus was release
PSO2 & Panzer Dragoon is on the way
They're trying

But this rabid fanbase will still buy it evem if it's shit like Forces. Speaking of which, did it even do that good in sales? How did it compare to Mania sales?

I think bringing back panzer dragoon is a smart move on their part especially when nintendo has been squandering their star fox ip lately. This could fill that gap and can possibly sell well.

>sonic shuffle
>adventure 1 and 2
>good

Have some dignity my man.

the adventure games are nothing short of incredible and came out during a time when i could enjoy them the most. and this is coming from someone who played the 2D sonic games first

No but because of the redesign the fuckers who complained will feel like they positively contributed to the movie and will go see it.

The Project Diva games aren't outright dead I guess and then you have stuff like Football Manager and Total War but who cares about those, Sakura Wars is also getting a reboot next year, and there's the PD remake happening.

Really? Wow, that's somewhat surprising, but then again it's a genuinely solid game. Heads and shoulders above the SNES Capcom game (which wasn't awful itself but it lacked a ton of the stylistic Disney touch and only having jumping and apples as weapons was lame).

I am not sure
Nintendo IP have the advantage of Nintendo and "Retro Junkies" marketing them as "Iconic"

Even if SEGA made a 10/10 Metroidvania Game it would still struggle against Metroid and Kid Icarus due to their "Legendary" status , and those games don't even sell above 1.5M most of the time

Panzer Dragoon Saga is actually more kino than Final Fantasy 7 (better soundtrack too), the only reason it has such a niche following is because SEGA is retarded and hates making money

ps3 slowly beat out xbox 360 by the end anyway, and then this anyway

Attached: 1556427254109.jpg (1536x1781, 709K)