Is wired a meme?

I think at this point it is pretty well established that wireless peripherals do not have noticeable latency. This begs the question, has this always been the case? Have we been memed for the past 15 years?

Attached: 261580-L-LO.jpg (400x400, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ntp.niehs.nih.gov/results/areas/cellphones/index.html
ehtrust.org/science/myth-vs-fact-national-toxicology-program-cell-phone-cancer-study/
ehtrust.org/expert-reaction-australian-centre-electromagnetic-bioeffects-research-criticism-national-toxicology-program-study-cell-phone-radio-frequency-radiation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i dont really like charging shit so i prefer wired

Wireless Mouses have for sure caught up in all aspects bar some extremes.
They literally just cost more but the decent budget gaming mice start at 60$ now instead of 150$ like a few years ago. No reason to not remove as many cables as possible next mouse I get will be the g502 wireless

>Have we been memed for the past 15 years?
You'd know if you were actually alive 15 years ago mr underage

Wireless used to be garbage and everybody knows it, but today, it's simply the better alternative if it was made by a competent company.

Imagine using batteries for stationary hardware you have at home.
Wireless is something you attach to a laptop when taking it somewhere. It'll never be more than that.

born 1990, this makes me proto millenial/post boomer

Every time there's a mouse thread I always feel like I'm in a bizarro parallel world where the wired+wireless mice don't exist and whenever I bring them up people just ignore me like I'm some crazed street preacher.
Do they actually not exist, am I legitimately crazy? I swear I've heard of a Logitech mouse like the 403 one or something that can be used through both wireless and usb.
Is a wireless mouse that doesn't need batteries really too much to ask?

Attached: 1549376212218.png (500x775, 187K)

Wireless mice haven't been equal to or better than wired mice for 15 years though. They offer an equal experience now, sure, but even then it's only top of the line wireless mice that offer that experience and they cost 2-3 times more than their wired equivalents.

You do realize all the non shit wireless mice can be charged with a wire WHILE in use, right?
You also do realize that some mice have a charging wired mat that constantly charges it, right?

You realize with any of those you're massively overpaying for no benefit, right?
Oh right, now I'm gonna hear some myths about "cable drag" aren't I

not him but
>You also do realize that some mice have a charging wired mat that constantly charges it, right?
Pretty sure only logitech currently offers this and it's another $99 for the mousepad. So say you buy a g502 lightspeed ($150) and the power play mat to use with it you're paying $250 for wireless compared to paying $30 for the g502 spectrum or $60-80 for the g502 Hero. It's not currently worth the price imo

Even Braided cables are subject to the laws of gravity user

I personally try to use as little wireless stuff as possbile, wired mouse, wired keyboard, cable internet, and will always pick wire over wireless if given the choice, I don't really care if they're as good latency wise. I don't want wireless stuff as long as I can avoid it.

Literally negligible.

Scared of radio waves? Don't blame you definitely not good if you have kids there wont be any Wifi in my home.

They wouldn't make as much money off you if they did that. Why would they want that?

>for no benefit
There is a massive benefit, I don't have a wire.
If cable drag isn't a thing for you, either
-your mouse is very heavy
-you play at very high sens
-you don't have hands sensitive enough to feel it

In all honesty, if you think wireless is shit, I'm not gonna shill it to you any harder, my life doesn't improve or worsen based on your mouse. I just think you could have better than whatever you have.

You do you, I can afford it and never regretted my purchase.

>I want to expose myself to toxic microwave radiation every second of every day
enjoy your wireless-induced heart and brain cancer

>-your mouse is very heavy
Except a wired mouse is always going to be lighter than a wireless by virtue of not having a fucking battery.

>he says with his cell phone in his pocket
You probably get exposed to more micro waves by walking next to your router or next to a telephone antenna than a mouse for hours
go bait elsewhere

Yea I try to "stay away" from EMF, in the sense of not adding more, some say they're harmless, some say they're not, Same with phones, I prefer to minimize wireless use, so unless I really need to, or there's no other way, I'll try and avoid using it.

> wanting to charge everything you own

Eanna know how I know you are a zoomer?

I don't use a cell phone faggot, and all wifi trash in my house and everyone else's houses around me is disabled because we know microwaves are absolutely lethal

>went through like 5 logitech mice in early-mid 00s, all shat themselves
>in 2008 I bought a cheap used intellimouse because I needed a spare quickly
>turned out to be better than anything I've used from Logitech and it still works perfectly today
Logitech, never again.

That's not pertinent, there are some very light wireless mice.

Charge time is significantly smaller than the use time you get out of it. A 3 hour charge gives me about 24 hours (so about 2 normal days) of constant use.
If you just plug in the charger when you go to take a shit/watch some video/go to eat, then you'll literally never have to ever use the wired mode cause you'll always have plenty of charge.
Cable drag is a retarded argument in the sense that it's not going to make you any worse or better at a game, however, after using wireless mice for so long, it's just really fucking annoying when I use a wired one again. It's kinda like going from a using a 4k monitor that you've been using for at least a year, back to a 1080p one.
The only thing that sucks about it is the sort of steep price point, but in the end, my g902 has lasted for about 3.5 years now, and it's still as good as new. Seeing how I use it more often than my phone, I'm okay with paying the price for it.

I'm very concerned about radio waves thank you very much
>wanting to charge shit
Would you fucking perfer your car be stuck on a hose so you don't have to refill it?

>microwaves are absolutely lethal

Guess I'm dead then.

Attached: 1503065059683.png (255x223, 5K)

Actually my "gaming mouse" is so light that it came with a metal weight that goes in an empty slot on it, to weigh it down because it's TOO light, and I use that. While I can understand the concept of not wanting cable, because maybe you have a setup where the wire isn't place properly, I feel like that's bearly a benefit, the the point where you can wonder "does having a mouse that needs to charge really worth the lack of a cable that doesn't bother me specifically?" the answer for me is, absolutely not. But I avoid wireless where ever I can in general.
t. cable bro.

If you don't play games that require quick/precise mouse movement, logitech may indeed be overkill in most cases.

You are probably sterile and will develop depression, tinnitus, insomnia and cancer

Attached: 1.jpg (995x1403, 1.01M)

>That's not pertinent
>when you're arguing about wire drag
Go justify your retarded purchases elsewhere.

but not AS light. which was kinda your point.

Attached: 1245911514339.jpg (720x540, 55K)

It's a benefit, and can we stop with the charging meme?
My mouse's charge lasts me over a week, and that's a week of flicks and quick tracking at 1000Hz, and when I need to charge it, I just plug it in for 2-3 hours then get back to wireless.
But alright, I'll let you live in your comfy wires while I use tomorrow's tech.
-t.wireless chad

>all this talk about cable drag

Do you guys not use bungees? I have a $15 one and it works great.

t. wireless chad with hand cancer

Well, you still need to feed your horse, user. So that's kind of a null point, other wise some people might very well prefer it in slower areas over having to pay for gas all the time.

They reached the "light enough" point, having a mouse that's lighter than this can hinder your performance.

>Is a wireless mouse that doesn't need batteries

What. How would that even work? All wireless devices use batteries. You are living in a bizarro world if you think that.

Attached: 1ec25727b25912ea73d8c9a1988f0668_waifu2x_art_noise1_scale_tta_1.jpg (636x672, 254K)

If you got cancer from using a wireless mouse, you'd get radiation burns from walking next to someone with a cellphone.
But maybe you are right and it gives cancer to regular people, guess this truly proves wireless chad are superhumans.

Do you people also play games on wireless internet?

Induced currents?

You're comparing apples and tomatoes here user.

wrong, the long-term effects of microwave exposure are not studied properly which is why microwave emitters are uninsurable

no. you are the meme. kill yourself pedo

Alright, but then you might wann ago and live in a bunker a few miles underground, stop eating meat and a bunch of other things etc.

Doesn't make sense living your entire life in fear of something like that.

makes you of the age where you neck yourself... so fucking do it fgt.

I'm GE in CSGO and wireless mouse latency, interpolation and smoothing will always make them inferior to a good wired mouse.

Wait, you unironically still eat meat? The fuck dude, you should know better.

Give me 1 (ONE) good reason to buy a wireless mouse.

>willingly being a literal onions boy

I generally prefer wired over wireless for the sheer fact that I'm lazy as fuck and cant be assed to charge my mouse once a week.

>twitter bean is the only alternative to meat
Come on now. Have you heard of, you know, regular beans? And I didn't even say anything about dropping milk or eggs.

Give me 1 (ONE) reason to give a shit what mouse you use.

FOR ME ITS THE NIXEUS REVEL!!!

heard some 5 year old kid in gateshead UK where they're testing 5G just died of a heart cancer that only RADAR operators used to get

makes you think

and there is more proof that microwaves are harmful than eating meat gives you cancer FYI

Attached: nosebleed from microwaves.png (470x754, 536K)

don't see the point of buying wireless one unless you use laptop or something similar. I guess you have one less wire, but that doesn't bother me since it's mostly hidden anyway.

i've been using wireless mice since intellimouse 2.0 i think. people here think they're bats.

Man this is crazy, it's just like aluminium in the vaccones right, I bet the government does this as a mind control experiment.
Hope y'all keep your kids safe.

You're an absolute buffoon, I live in a crowded area and I never saw/heard about akid getting nosebleeds from 4g, you're just a paranoid idiot with good intents.

Attached: face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat.png (256x256, 60K)

Can you address the recent NTP study that showed rats coincidentally also got these exotic heart cancers after exposure to 2G and 3G signals?

Attached: NTP study cancer results.png (1415x786, 540K)

>You do you, I can afford it and never regretted my purchase.
that's totally fine. My wired G502 is serving me well. I've got nothing against wireless and I'll probably get in on one when I believe the price is right

I've been using the m570 for about 3 years now, it uses one AA battery every 8 months. I like to rest it on my crotch while using it.

Attached: 81V9jp0LuuL._SX466_.jpg (466x546, 15K)

This is a blatant falseflag.

For what little you gain from a wireless mouse, the hassle it comes with charging, and risking it running out of power at a critical moment just isn't worth it.

And this is all if you don't take latency into account at all.

How so? You don't rest the mouse on your crotch while gaming?

RF/EMF results when it comes to cancer and other health hazards have been from what I've read, "Inconclusive". While some experimental data have suggested a possible link between exposure and tumor formation in animals exposed under certain specific conditions, the results have not been independently replicated.Which seems to translate to, maybe it's safe. RF's main obvious danger would be heating things up to the point where it starts damaging them, but most of the time this is not an issue, at least not with this tech. I tend to have a "better safe than sorry" approach to it, which is minimizing usage of it, and trying to avoid adding to it, if possible.

lmao meme razor naga tier

everything about this post is misleading at best and outright incorrect at worst, likely a telecomms shill damage controlling the disastrous public reception to 5G

bioinitiative.org has the real info with real studies not funded by the industry

Attached: industry vs non industry studies.png (1324x752, 873K)

Lack of choices for wireless outside of razor/logitech and less of a choice if you play left handed.

>You can't fully avoid every issue, so you might as well also smoke a pack a day, drink your liver to critical condition and shove burgers down your throat untill you're morbidly obese.
Just because you can't fully avoid everything doesn't mean you can't try to take care of your self at least within some reason.

Attached: Feels Shrug.jpg (546x550, 51K)

I totally believe that your neighbors dont use wifi and their signals arent entering your mom’s basement

Just told you it's what I read. I don't know who to trust really, I try to avoid the stuff when possible, but at the same time don't just buy either sides story without properly explained proof.

feels good living around people that are switched on to what's happening in the world

playing coy?

No, unironically. I bascially don't use phones unless I wanna make calls and try to use speaker or headphones. I don't use wi fi or wireless devices, if I can avoid it, in general. Because I tend to be guarded on this stuff. but from what I've been reading, RF supposedly doesn't have solid results to point at it being bad when coming from phones or wifi. "Inconclusive"

>only males get cancer

I guess I'm lucky then

check out bioinitiative.org, specifically the color charts and preface if you want to understand this emerging issue properly

it's worse than thalidomide, tobacco and asbestos put together

I think, unless you're hardcore gaming, modern mice simply don't have as much issue on latency. The major reason I still use wireled is because there's no need for me to have wireless. Ignoring latency, having to charge a device or potentially having it die in a crucial moment is not worth the absolute 0 benefits it offers me.

>buying more compex versions of basic pieces of hardware for a higher cost "just because"
Want to show us your smart juicer with wireless charging as well?

Wireless perform better because cable doesn't interfere with movement.

P S / 2

what the fuck do you use a cable thats the same size as your microscopic dick?

ITT: OP tries to sell people a solution to a problem they don't have.

thats wireless in a nutshell, cables are much safer

At this point, yeah. The only difference is cost. I use a Logitech wired/wireless combination mouse and its great. I use it wireless and then just plug it in every few days overnight to let it recharge the battery. Using a wireless mouse is much better for twitch shooters/etc. You never notice the drag that the cord adds as it scrapes across your desk until its gone and there's no tension at all moving from one end of the mousepad to another.

Yeah logitech has a mouse mat that charges their mice on the go

Recharge by air is along the way. Fun fact: this tech has been in existence since the 80s via RF engineering and only doesn't exist because lack of funding.

Attached: Pastor_toastman.png (185x143, 53K)

We have a zoomers as guinea pigs. The real problem with phones isn't the RF signal, it is straining your neck to look down at them all the time as you check texts and browse the web. Zoomers are showing significant stress to their next and developing bone spurs on the back of their skill. That shit is gonna hurt when they get older.

No I shove it up my urethra.

Traditional RF transmissions can penetrate mountain ranges and tens to hundreds of metres of reinforced concrete without any signal degradation.

Contemporary RF including 4G, 5G and home wifi is so low energy that it is attenuated to unusable levels by furniture and dry wall.

If there was going to be a global health crisis caused by RF it would have already happened back in the 60's when high energy UHF band transmission was the norm, RF is actually objectively safer now than it was then.

>Traditional RF transmissions can penetrate mountain ranges and tens to hundreds of metres of reinforced concrete without any signal degradation.
AM radio doesn't penetrate into mountains, it goes over them
>garbage about microwaves being safe
explain the NTP study: ntp.niehs.nih.gov/results/areas/cellphones/index.html

Attached: ground waves.gif (446x218, 12K)

meant for

>Fun fact: this tech has been in existence since the 80s
You mean the 1880s right?

>is meme a meme?

No, 80s as in 80 A.D.

fpbp

Are you retarded? Thinner cable would interfere less.

Have sex

>invent wireless power
>have nothing to power
Really makes you think.

I imagine that poster is talking about length.

>spending more than 50$ at most for a fucking mouse

t. highly professional CSGO pro gamer who demands zero mouse drag for his epic battlestation

The results weren't reproducible in female rats or mice of either gender, the method was also fundamentally flawed for proving human susceptibility as it doesn't reflect real world use.

>“The exposures used in the studies cannot be compared directly to the exposure that humans experience when using a cell phone,” said John Bucher, Ph.D., NTP senior scientist. “In our studies, rats and mice received radio frequency radiation across their whole bodies. By contrast, people are mostly exposed in specific local tissues close to where they hold the phone. In addition, the exposure levels and durations in our studies were greater than what people experience.”

>The lowest exposure level used in the studies was equal to the maximum local tissue exposure currently allowed for cell phone users. This power level rarely occurs with typical cell phone use. The highest exposure level in the studies was four times higher than the maximum power level permitted.

They exposed 4 different organisms with 100 times less body mass to four times the peak UHF radiation a human being will ever get exposed to in any environment, constantly and could only reliably produce tumors in one organism.

All the results of the study prove is that they've developed a line of male rats uniquely vulnerable to RF.

>He also noted the unexpected finding of longer lifespans among the exposed male rats. “This may be explained by an observed decrease in chronic kidney problems that are often the cause of death in older rats,” Wyde said.

And they lived longer than normal on average despite the tumors.

>female rats or mice
It is extremely common for males to show different cancer rates from females in both (NTP) laboratory studies and in epidemiological studies. Specifically, in previous NTP toxicology studies, male rats as compared to females had more than ten times the incidence of malignant gliomas (brain tumors) and more than twice the rate of malignant schwannoma of the heart.

Rats are a closer analog to humans than mice.

>Does not relate to real world use
Agreed which is why we must roll back all technology past 2G and work on making it safer from there.

>Power levels were very high compared to reality
This statement misrepresents risk to the brain from the whole-body exposures used in the NTP study. While the exposure limit to RF radiation in the US is 0.08 W/kg averaged over the whole body, the localized exposure limit is 1.6 W/kg averaged over any one gram of tissue. Body tissues located nearest to the cell phone antenna receive much higher exposures than tissues located distant from the antenna. Thus, when an individual uses a cell phone and holds it next to his or her head, exposure to the brain will be much higher than exposures averaged over the whole body. When considering organ-specific risk (e.g., risk to the brain) from cell phone RF, the important measure of exposure is the SAR value of 1.6 W/kg averaged over any gram of tissue. In the NTP study in which animals were exposed to whole-body RF at SARs of 1.5, 3, and 6.0 W/kg, exposures in the brain were within 10% of the whole-body exposure levels. Therefore, in the NTP study, exposure intensities in the brain of rats were similar to or only slightly higher than localized human exposures from cell phones held next to the head.

>Misunderstanding the significance of rat studies
Not surprised

>They lived longer
Not statistically significant and because the RF disrupted the hormonal system of the rats.

Any questions?

Sources:

ehtrust.org/science/myth-vs-fact-national-toxicology-program-cell-phone-cancer-study/

ehtrust.org/expert-reaction-australian-centre-electromagnetic-bioeffects-research-criticism-national-toxicology-program-study-cell-phone-radio-frequency-radiation/

Thin cables will inevitably end up breaking causing your mouse to disconnect/reconnect every now and then depending on how you move it. Reinforced braided cables insure the cable won't distort and bend steeply every time you move your mouse around.

This has literally no effect whatsoever on aim.

you wireless fags sound exactly like the appledrones did ten years ago, i hope you realize that
pathetic

Attached: 1556392874238.jpg (888x894, 59K)

Don't give a fuck about latency. I just don't need one more item that needs charging in my life. I've got two phones, a battery bank, a few portable systems, two laptops, fuck off. I'll take the wire.

Attached: 1553484882591.gif (240x228, 905K)

>Thin cables will inevitably end up breaking causing your mouse to disconnect/reconnect every now and then depending on how you move it. Reinforced braided cables insure the cable won't distort and bend steeply every time you move your mouse around.
Happens to both, just happens to braided slower. my G500 had a braided cable and it shorted out about three years after I bought it. Not bad... but the G5 I owned before it is still trucking.

>not having the wireless logitech gaming mouse
>not having the $100+ dollar wireless charging gaming mousepad that goes with it