OH NO! Veronica!!

OH NO! Veronica!!

Attached: 3781463A-4A32-41A7-84EA-BB170B1DC3BD.png (364x592, 486K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KGxWz-s6qQM
youtube.com/watch?v=vH9du8eyrE0&list=PLGQbDEZOLe8HMknGcRS_e1C9izMlCBkAk&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=vH9du8eyrE0
youtube.com/watch?v=XTIGvFuoc2I
youtube.com/watch?v=TTU54iILBE4
youtube.com/watch?v=eceWg3BlHP4
youtube.com/watch?v=XHGcklCB-c4
youtube.com/watch?v=s-YOUc6K4SY
youtube.com/watch?v=wLQCrTgPBLk
youtube.com/watch?v=EBeWydACv8k
youtu.be/Bj_4Dr40_Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=kkZu8xj3lvs
youtube.com/watch?v=k6IASN78fvM
youtube.com/watch?v=SnfoDNg7kP8
pushsquare.com/news/2019/02/will_dragon_quest_xi_on_ps4_get_the_new_nintendo_switch_content_square_enix_hasnt_decided_yet
vocaroo.com/i/s1kyhlVkNNAE
youtube.com/watch?v=i4PCOAJ80lo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i swear if i hear that theme one more time

You psfags are so lucky. Why didn't this come out on xbox? Was there a reason?

IMAGINE

Attached: forbearance.jpg (284x177, 14K)

[BLARING HORNS]
[drum beat]
du du du DOOOOOO DOO
du du du DOOOOOOOOO DOOO
du du du DOOOOOOOOOO DOOOOOOOO

Attached: D05F1772-3D19-4C90-B018-25A78374AC92.jpg (720x960, 63K)

Explain this to me NOW. Anyone have a video of this supposed song that plays when she does this specific dance?

youtu.be/KGxWz-s6qQM

Not as lucky as Nintendon'ts apparently. Considering buying a Switch just to play that version. I bet this was their endgame all along.

Attached: 9EE1A3B4-680F-42B2-8FC7-463D79676FA5.png (850x530, 981K)

>Why is the dragon quest game not on xbox

Because japanese dont play xbox.

I didn't think anyone played xbox, to be honest.

And soon I won't either. Sick of all the western garbage. (people have the balls to say gears of war remake was better than the original)

>tfw there's only the one doujin of Veronica aging up and that other one of Serena aging down, but there isn't anything with both

Attached: regirock stop.jpg (296x327, 24K)

>The cyclops makes a desperate attack

Attached: 1388723780076.jpg (456x628, 50K)

playing the pc version with the orchestrated music mod unironically turns it into a different game
fuck the composer for wanting people to go to his fucking concerts for non-MIDI music

Attached: just an anus.png (200x352, 164K)

Veronica fucking dies.

What is different about the Switch version?

no...
not the cunny....

No she doesn't
The time travel gimmick was shit though. We should've seen more suffering and bodies so that it didn't seem like we were just risking a 7/10 future over one party member and a handful of sidequest characters like the mermaid

>Orchestrated music so your ears aren't raped by MIDI
>More content between more party member sidequests, postgame areas that reference past DQ games, more wishes/marriage options supposedly, etc.
>Rumored balance changes like some of the questionable skill tree placements. Who the fuck would buy Magical Might +5 or Deftness +5 for 12 SP? Not certain though.
>2D retro mode if that's your thing
>Switch portability if you count that

promo disc for dq xi s on ps4 was leaked

>He can use Forbearance as a companion NPC when he has virtually infinite health
>He doesn't actually learn the skill until you're late in the postgame
the S features are probably going to be DLC for everything else

Attached: tom what am i reading.jpg (474x357, 19K)

MIDI isn't really much of a con to me seeing Doom PWADs usually had pretty good ones, especially after setting up a good driver + soundfont.

F

Oh cool it

The game will surely have DLC for ps4, don't fall for these timed exclusive tricks. Just wait.

it's playable in japanese on a non-californian console

Dragon Quest music is fuck awful regardless if it's midi or not

I was really excited to think we where gonna get like a World of Ruin, but then we just got animals with slightly angrier eyes and maybe a small fire here and there.

youtube.com/watch?v=vH9du8eyrE0&list=PLGQbDEZOLe8HMknGcRS_e1C9izMlCBkAk&index=7

now compare

Oh no, Veronica fell over!

Attached: 1552775924931.jpg (2560x1440, 774K)

>DUDE LET'S JUST MAKE HIM HIT FOR 2000

Attached: 1541444625822.png (324x620, 151K)

How could you say something so controversial yet so brave?

>Persona 5 update doesn't let you romance caroline, justine or lavenza
>DQ11 update doesn't let you romance veronica
what the fuck japan

>not the loli that's just an older girl in a younger body and factually has the best personality
>but your aunt is ok

Says who?

Does Veronica really count as a loli
Looks more like potato like a Lalafell or Harvin

Canonically, yeah, that's how she looked when she was a kid.

How. Much of a downgrade is theSwitch version visually? So far I think it looks pretty nice

>whip

560p 30fps undocked

here you go, compare

Attached: 20190621213641_1.jpg (2560x1080, 841K)

Attached: Dragon-Quest-11-S-1-6.jpg (960x540, 528K)

Buy my game!

Attached: illust_64756562_p0.png (1280x960, 1.01M)

Give your cunny!

Never played dragon quest. Is the 11TH GAME good???

Already did

Attached: 1549998131891.gif (200x260, 3.86M)

I just recruited the homo and I'm having fun. I do wish I could speed up the battles though.

Yes

Its decent, its super long like DQ8 is but its really easy which is an issue when the gameplay is the biggest drive to play it in the first place. cant recommend playing it without Hard Monsteres unless you have never played a JRPG

Attached: MixedUnsightlyBudgie-small.gif (336x252, 1012K)

I wish Luminary had a better dance, his is fucking nothing while erik styles on everyone.

I bet it reminded you how shit you look when you dance

Will DQ11S release on PS4 too?

>pirat- I mean bought it on steam
>stuck at octocock
Help please, my team is lvl 20 but they're getting shit on by this fucker

There is an old lady with a canon at the top of the Hawaiian village, talking to her will let her stun the boss for like 5 whole turns

Use buffs and debuffs.

>implying I have ever been in a situation where I needed to dance

>The Homo

I liked Syl but HOLY FUCK did he get watch to much screen time. I swear to shit it's like nothing can happen without him getting at least 30 paragraphs. He gets more dialogue than everyone else combined.

I'll buy the switch version next month, I just wish Luminary's design wasn't so bland, even compared to other DQ heroes he's really disappointing, does he have armor that makes it look better? I liked the few that changed VIII's Hero so I expect more on XI.

Do you mean the boss fight against the giant squid on the boat? I just watched my brother do that yesterday and it was too easy but he's like level 32, no fucking wonder.

Attached: 1550820451267.jpg (1920x1080, 107K)

He's Spanish, he can't help it.

the orchestrated battle theme is unironically WORSE
youtube.com/watch?v=vH9du8eyrE0
The first 10 seconds of this manage to be even more obnoxious. Its unironically the reason why I'm not re-installing the orchestral mod

Are you upset, darling?

Holy fuck the music in this game is so annoying, the game is good but fuck this damn music, I haven't finished act 3 yet because I cannot stand listening to it.

>Giving the strongest magic user a whip
Veronica's a fucking tank what are you doing

Are we even listening to the same song? This is way better than the shitty original version

>Better personality
>Veronica

The beginning section is even more grating than the Midi version, try actually playing the game with this version in it. The rest is better but its not like you get to hear it much anyways. Something about the instruments sounds super off

Considering Jade has no personality and Serena is bland as shit, yes.

Does the AA bar in this game even do anything? I swear none of these options do anything

Attached: 20190616193311_1.jpg (872x284, 66K)

I'm in the desert right now on my pirated copy, does the Switch version have anything that is worth getting it over this one?

I'm playing it on Ps4, can't mod it into the game

God I just want the fucking 2D classic 3DS styled art.
Not interested in playing a downgraded version, no matter how many additions, but we never got the 2D 3DS version so I want badly.

youtube.com/watch?v=XTIGvFuoc2I
youtube.com/watch?v=TTU54iILBE4
They fucked the tempo of Sylvando's theme and it's not as lively as it was.

Which is a shame, hopefully the orchestration on Switch fixes that.

wtf yes it does

i think you just dont like trombones user

desu I'm no expert but the music just sounds like its not composed with a real orchestra in mind. I honestly didn't even like most of the orchestrated music in DQ8 either, it felt really off at times, like the orchestra couldn't keep up most of the time

its more that the most annoying part of the battle theme is now even louder and more aggressive, also I could swear they're hitting the wrong note

THANK YOU

Attached: 1539788774790.gif (390x339, 166K)

So did they ever confirm being able to romance different characters for the switch release or is it just new party banter?

youtube.com/watch?v=eceWg3BlHP4

Thanks, I fucking hate it.

The wrong note in comparison to what, the MIDI? The not real version? Think before you post.

Attached: 1392944705828.png (252x249, 3K)

It sounded like they really wanted to make it marriage/romance but they couldn't go that far for whatever reason, but they're going to almost let you, maybe.

Effectively romance, but not officially?

I was legit surprised she fucking dies, I didn't expect Dragon Quest to kill off a main party member like that
But, also because it's dragon quest, it was pretty obvious there'd be some way to revive her.

But if youre going to bring her back, why you gotta rob Serena of her double cast when you do it?

graphical downgrade aside this looks like a good port. Will support.

>loli with guilt-free sex appeal
Is there anything better?

>The wrong note in comparison to what, the MIDI?
...Yes?

>Includes option to use DQ8 music instead
Good, fuck DQ11's shitty ass tone deaf crap.

DQ XI’s MIDI soundtrack was good. If you didn’t enjoy it you have some sort of autism where you’re overly sensitive to random sounds.

I agree. I got so used to the midi version that the orchestral just doesn't feel right.

The 2d classic mode is in the switch version

made me laugh too hard for a dumb joke

>not liking trombones, trumpets or winds in general
I pity you

Attached: 53210396_p12.jpg (740x740, 685K)

who said that

Come on, Sugiyama has been phoning it in for years, you don't have to be on the spectrum to pick up on that.

For me, it's Serena.

Attached: DQ11Se11.jpg (1920x1080, 518K)

Did XI have way less music tracks then previous ones? I felt like they always used the same 4 tracks even during times when it doesn't fit at all.

I like them, but Sugiyama overuses them. In general, I'm getting tired of his samey music and he's getting worse too. He's starting to become Sakuraba.

>short hair
Did she get CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT'd?

FUCKING DO IT FAGGOT
YOU WON'T

>*plays for 90% of the game*
youtube.com/watch?v=XHGcklCB-c4
psssh nothin personnel kid

>Regurgitating that bullshit.
Square held it off to sell the Switch version, you dipshit.

The second act gets built up as post apocaliptic, and it works very well, with the lone hero holding out the last survivors of the world. Then joins up with a former enemy in a strike to either suceed or be wiped out.
And then after victory it turns out that the rest of the world is pretty much the same as it was.

GOOD, he's the best party member.
It also makes it more impactful when he shuts the fuck up.

I hate it so much, it's already giving me PTSD just looking at the title.

This is just shit music, DQIX's music was the same style and just as overused and I never grew as tired of it as I did with the tune you posted
youtube.com/watch?v=s-YOUc6K4SY
The disconnect between the high-fidelity and scale of DQXI with the bad music only makes it worse

This theme would be fine if it just played for the first few hours. It's probably the worst overworld theme in the series.

Thoughts?

Attached: 7da33b9127fa5295a6ab38b984ed3128.jpg (2480x3508, 1.48M)

>Can finally marry Veronica
God the Switch ver can't come soon enough

Attached: 1558950638194.jpg (967x1200, 93K)

you know shes going to be her lanky grown up form when this happens right?

Reminds me of those doujins with Erik.
You know the ones.

You've already got your designates gay, leave the bros alone

Trunks and Camus are pretty cool guys.

This is Squeenix we're talking about. They just put Octopath Traveler on Steam, they love spreading out to multiple platforms.

>“While it isn’t marriage, you can even choose Erik or Hendrik—so you can choose the person you live with.”
Eleven x Erik will be playable soon enough.

Attached: 445262dbbb090ef842901d545e48e748.jpg (713x771, 87K)

That's cool if you swing that way

I prefer the girls, tho

Camus is the best bro.

i want to RAPE erik!!!

Nope. You gotta edit an ini file for supersampling.

In the timeline where veronica is fucking dead she becomes the best party member with all the spells ever, and gets a haircut.

S-source?

I just got Sylvando and steamrolled the game using fight wisely tactic.

Is there any point to actually participate in the battles?

Imagine unironically hating this battle theme.

Shit taste

The lack of mods for the PC version is disappointing

How much of a zoomer do you have to be to hate the sound of actual brass compared to MIDI?

Set your party members to fight automatically if you don't let them already, it speeds up battles a lot and they do perfectly fine on their own most of the time.

>you know shes going to be her lanky grown up form when this happens right?
Fake new

Attached: fc7.jpg (680x967, 84K)

Turn it off. Just turn it off and listen to good music or a podcast or something.
I did and it improves the game experience considerably.

Is everyone becoming illiterate on this website? You're the third guy saying this and I literally never implied that

Attached: 1553618665576.jpg (400x400, 34K)

She fucking dies and her twin sis becomes best girl in act 2

Attached: Drunk Delinquent dot jaypeg.jpg (650x500, 112K)

>>Orchestrated music so your ears aren't raped by MIDI
Too bad it's still the same three or four songs. What a shitty ost this game has.

I'd like to believe we are all getting the extra content sooner or later. Thanks to Squeenix jew tactics I'm gonna pirate the Switch version anyway.

Attached: ..gif (288x430, 1.92M)

>i could swear they're hitting the wrong note

They're not, zoomer.

>ZOOMER ZOOMER ZOOMER
enjoying your brain rot I see

Attached: 1533530675379.png (500x582, 84K)

The whole Academy had my dick in pep mode.

Attached: update_rz.png (200x200, 76K)

Imagine unironically hating Veronicabutt

You better be kidding. I want to marry my Veronica wife.

Sylvando is a red herring homosexual stereotype that probably pounds poon weekly
Erik is an actual homosexual.

>can't marry loli Veronica

No cunny, no buy.

when erik lost his memory and went sad puppy that's when i really knew 100% who he was for

I stopped playing post game because I don't have the heart to grind anymore but I don't want to turn off draconian difficulty because I did it temporarily against the old man boss in the painted world revisit and it made him SO easy and changed all his summons so it was a totally different boss fight.
I don't want to miss out on stuff but I also don't want to grind. And I really have no idea how long this epilogue segment is. what should I do??

I guarantee it

Attached: zrxqvxjt8zy11.png (1280x720, 913K)

Japan's big three was SEGA, Nintendo, and Sony. Microsoft came out of nowhere and attacked Sony, while meddling with SEGA's games. This pissed off a lot of Japanese gamers and companies. It also didn't help that a majority of Xbox's life was spent pushing the same western shooters, while ignoring Japanese third-party games.

I don't get the hate. It was xenophobic of the Japanese music producer to deny westerners of the music he made for a product that was designed to be sold world wide.

doesn't matter act 2 gets retconned in act 3

360 got blue dragon, vesperia, lost oddysey, infiniate undiscovery, star ocean kinda bullshit they droped the ball this gen but seem to be coming around with at least vesperia and new tales

>How to ruined you character 101

Yeah, it was pretty uncomfortable

Attached: u.png (937x727, 962K)

get gud i guess

>DQ11 update doesn't let you romance veronica
Preorder cancelled

IX really does has great music, very relaxing. I can't even count the number of times I have fallen asleep grinding to this game. It's gotten to the point where when I need to fall asleep I just start playing this game.

efficiency for boss fights, not much reason to do it for mooks except the stronger ones towards the end of the game.
that early in the game battle is still fairly simple, but later you will have much more potent combinations. Your members will have like 20 different abilities at that point so it is better to just do it
Like later on you can steamroll bosses if you say, have erik dual wield falcon blades, have him divide the first turn(does 3x number of hits on his next turn), have sylv buff his attack, have rab debuff enemy defense
suddenly you hit enemy with 12 hits for 1500-2000 damage on the second turn.

>I do wish I could speed up the battles though.
Switch version can help you with that.

I'm glad someone said it Jade really isn't that great

I like Erik's sister.

I'd read this doujin.

You excited to play as her in the next Dragon Quest Monsters

Attached: DQM-New-Title-Tease-Init_11-06-18 (1).jpg (1221x686, 64K)

Have people who hate the OST played other games in the series? It is about what I expected. The midi quality is decent enough.
The only real problem is the composition of the Overworld track. Everything else seems fine to me and in line with the series. Nothing is ever going to be as kino as DQ5 ost again, but it's passable.

Short hair Selena > loli Veronica > Regular Selena > normal Veronica

>Dragon Quest Monsters
Pretty much 0% chance of releasing in the west.
Joker games sold like shit.

>No Sylvando romance.

Attached: 20180910220402_1.jpg (1600x900, 240K)

Are the DQ games on the DS worth playing? I would play the translated snes versions but V and VI are buggy and unfinished.

When I was a kid, I almost drove my parents to madness playing DQ8 because of the battle theme.

Sometimes you forget Toriyama does all these cute girl designs

I agree. Its literally the only DQ theme that sounds like dogshit when orchestrated.
I don't see how anyone can play the game with orchestral mod, considering that it means they'll hear THAT garbage every couple minutes.

Currently the best thread on Yea Forums.

Attached: 4142DEAF-B81E-4DE5-8D94-841FC896D182.png (635x900, 824K)

They are definitive versions of those games, only real complaint is that IV doesn't have party talk added while the others did. V is definitely the strongest in the series, but it does actually take place in the same world as IV so it might be worth playing that. I wouldn't say it is required, but it will give more context to what is going on when you meet the dragon and shit.

Eh I think V is good but It's not even in my top 3 for this series.

Sylvando likes the concept of love and romance but the man has better thing to do than settle down. This dude is a true man and a real hero. Sylvando should be in smash

Honestly like the fact he never was put into romance, made feel unique when most west characters need they have one moment to state they had past relationships to show if they gay or not and just kept being ambiguous.

I already did dangit, and I might end up buying the better version on the switch as well

he doesn't need you, he has a whole pride parade man harem.

VA VA VOOM!

this literally sounds better, you peasants

Why is Nappa protecting Gohan?

is this theme in?
if no, then no buy
youtube.com/watch?v=wLQCrTgPBLk

Are you blind? That's clearly Recoome.

Don't even care. Veronica NEEDS to be impregnated.

Why are all the XI girls so perfect?

No the superior sad theme is in.
youtube.com/watch?v=EBeWydACv8k
>Eleanor, I found him, I finally found yer boy.

Attached: PMU2Xjq.png (359x357, 103K)

They just are!

Attached: 687932DB-E207-44AF-AB06-258B090465B4.png (850x1202, 1.13M)

Yeah, but...

Attached: 1536535680272.png (1920x1080, 2.48M)

>night hits and the girls are all in sleeping gowns
Place was the best location

Attached: 1539833116331.jpg (1920x1080, 224K)

She's got worse coming.

>Bought the game day one
>It's the absolute worst version of the game
Fuck SE.

Attached: 1390532997241.gif (400x226, 1.65M)

Well, it could always be worse.
youtu.be/Bj_4Dr40_Zc

>tfw I knew there would be a special edition so I didn't buy it

Smash is how we get Dragon Quest Collections on Switch

Is this the peak of JRPG battle themes?
youtube.com/watch?v=kkZu8xj3lvs

It's no Rudebuster or Xenoblade 2 Battle theme, but this really isn't bad at all. You fucks can start complaining when it's on the same level as the Werehog battle theme and this is FAR from that.

They already remade all the games.
The Switch should have never launched without 3DS back compatibility.

I meant the Xenoblade 2 Torna battle theme btw.

Does the battle/town/overworld music ever changes? I've made it to the collecting the orbs part of the story and I'm having slighty headaches because of the repetition.

>keep checking to see if I pass that charm stat check quest
>Everytime adjust the camera so it looks like Madame LaBouche is givin the succ

also she gets the sickest gains

Overworld will change at some point, but it will take a good while for that to happem

i like the little meter change in 4's
youtube.com/watch?v=k6IASN78fvM

DQ XI S is going to make that dick even harder

Attached: XI-S-14.jpg (1000x563, 57K)

Shame that she gets shit H fan content

>shit H fan content
?

Attached: 24.jpg (1280x1836, 681K)

Fuck SE you mean
They didnt want to pay him

OH WOW

>cuckshit

Attached: 1536610392737.jpg (7680x4320, 3.82M)

Like 95% of her doujinshi is either NTR or gangrape

NOT THIS FUCKING SONG AGAIN

the fujos win this round

Attached: 68285802_p20.jpg (1198x1200, 802K)

Post the webm where you tell her No.

Just got to postgame
So Serena's powers will get split back to give them to veronica?
Honestly she was too fucking good. Rab was the Sage, but then here you have a character who is both Priest and Mage at the same time and blows him out of the water.

cute feet

I love it when my boyfriend cheats on me with other, cuter, younger girls.

>*plays for 90% of the game*
and now 90% of smash

also the last remnant

theres nothing wrong with emma

Attached: 7045523i.jpg (437x600, 84K)

makes it more satisfying when it switches to dq3

Made for the naughty stick

Attached: 41522235_281885742645631_2315562425556217615_n.jpg (1080x610, 102K)

Attached: 70336365_p9.jpg (700x1612, 274K)

i want to marry erik!

Attached: 68229327_p2.jpg (595x842, 114K)

You just KNOW

it's all DQ8 babies, the music is fine

i didn't like that one as much, orchestra mod though

This song unironically gives me nostalgia. What the fuck

>implying that's a bad thing

>buy the game dayone
>get fucked by SE with better versions being released later
>don't buy the game dayone
>SE don't bring DQ to the west anymore
I'm replaying 1-7 forever, fuck this shit

act 3 was a mistake, made the game too long and fucked all the character development

>hating on the great sylvando

Attached: 1241161554796.jpg (463x349, 20K)

>face of the party ends up talking the most
No shit

Attached: 1559398464721.jpg (1179x721, 106K)

is there a more obviously pedobait character?

mickey mouse

Etna, obviously. Maybe Midna too.

It is fantastic. I predominantly play CoD and Halo, and actually borrowed my girls PS4 for 2 weeks and marathoner the shit out of DQ11 when I was on holidays. I'm going to get a Switch just to replay that shit in bed.

>playing past the credits
your own fault nerd

Superjail bluray release when

You can still marry Veronica but she's back to normal. Would you still marry here?

Veronica

Is there any chance the PS4 version will get quick combat patched in? Or fuck even as a cheap dlc?
I dropped the game after you get the boat because the combat speed is insufferable and they fixed that in the switch version but I'm not going to buy the game again just for a single feature that should have been in the base game.

Attached: 1560344751250.jpg (1200x1137, 299K)

No

Well that's one game I'm never finishing then, I suppose.

Of course, her being back to normal would make it 10x better.
I was legitimately mad at the fucking cock tease they give you in act 3, where she's back to normal for like 3 minutes, and then afterwards its straight back to loli.

The one thing that might be able to convince me to by the Switch version is if you can permanently change Veronica to her original form.

Attached: Veronica.jpg (1920x1080, 222K)

>Sylvando should be in smash
I don't know why this made me laugh, its such a non sequitur

Attached: 1558834426356.gif (456x240, 2.2M)

compare this to the DQXI soundtrack and tell me with a straight face the dude isn't just phoning it in at this point

I want him as my bro, no homo

>pump all my seed magic and wisdom into veronica cunny
>she dies
>you get another one anyway

Attached: 1561109444704.png (366x401, 69K)

Jade is quite older than Ereven though, by at least 5 years

They never really gave a reason why Veronica didn't return back to her own age once she got her magic back, did they?

Attached: 1525669352841.jpg (853x768, 154K)

>SE guilt trip all the PC fans to buy DQ11 or no more Dragon Quest games for PC
>then they announce a better version for the Switch
fuck me for falling for their jewish tricks

Party needs a cute mascot!

Attached: C9D2FC17-A92D-4B6A-A72C-045810645E39.png (850x1200, 1.33M)

>get midway through act 2, enjoying the fuck out of it
>find out the shitty childhood friend wins
>hear about the Switch version allowing you to choose your heroine plus with Jap voices to boot, (no offense to the English cast they're pretty decent, especially Sylvando who hit it out of the park, but I can't deal with the others anymore. Veronica sounds like she's 50)
>not coming to PS4/PC as DLC
And that's the last DQ game I ever played

Just play it on PC?

is it just me or that model needs more time on it

I thought that was fucking Krillin, do you guys like how dragon quest's artstyle has differences to DB or do you just wish it was goku punching dragons?

check your eyes, he doesn't look anything like krillin except for both being bald.

its actually appalling how shit sugiyama is
the man is a legitimate composer genius but good god the first hour of dq11 with that midi shit was so dissonant with every other high quality bit of the game
youtube.com/watch?v=SnfoDNg7kP8
like hearing this song for the first time in dq11 was jaw dropping. compared to what else i had heard on the soundtrack it seemed markedly above the rest. this song is a masterpiece. so learning the man is in his 90s, clearly past his composing prime, and is still going at it, i understood why dq11s original tunes are less spectacular.
really the man needs to die if hes not gonna retire.

I don't understand the autism about the music, I loved it.

It looks perfect to me.

>shitty childhood friend
Why does everyone hate her, Gemmabros?

Attached: 1546536964086.png (497x474, 202K)

I think its just mainly Jadefags that are mad that they can't marry worst girl.
Childhood friend is always the best choice, and Gemma is no exception.

dq11 was my first foray into the series and was the first game to make me realize how acclimated i am to the orchestral scores of the average AAA game. when it wasn't there it was very bothersome.
i suspect those fine with it are people who are already fans of the series.

Right after they deal with those song lawsuits

Can I start with this game or I need to play 8 main game + 33 spin offs to understand glorious lore and story, with character who have been developing ~30 years?

Attached: 1489274001160.jpg (686x750, 60K)

Each game is a separate entity. None of the games are connected except by terminology.

You can play DQ games in literally any other. Some of them belong in the same universe, but the most you'll miss is a couple of references and nods.

>FEMKEKshit

Attached: 1520769297788.jpg (960x948, 69K)

You can jump right in with DQ XI
The orchestral score has more depth to it in the timbre of the instruments but the MIDI seems to fit the aesthetic of the game more to me. That said I grew up playing a fat gameboy then a gameboy color so maybe it's just because I associate that more with games than orchestral works but I enjoy both versions.

>Childhood friend is always the best choice
Well I suppose I'm glad that you people exist, because otherwise it would make even less sense than it already dose.
Childhood friend is pretty much the worst choice every time, although none of the choices in 11 are particularly good.

who is this? more?

Attached: 1560692130460.jpg (867x970, 81K)

Don't play the ps4 version because the combat (literally just the animations) are slow as shit and they didn't deem that something to fix.
I'd buy the switch version but fuck buying a game twice just for them to fix that

Why does SquareEnix do these things?

She's legal though

pushsquare.com/news/2019/02/will_dragon_quest_xi_on_ps4_get_the_new_nintendo_switch_content_square_enix_hasnt_decided_yet

I hate Japs for such shit really much.

Attached: comparison-3.jpg (1599x828, 377K)

After some tineyefu it is kittymeow66 on tumblr per some reddit thread

Obviously the game is going to get downgraded. Are people really surprised by this?

*kittymeow666 my b

Elaborate.

>tfw you have all 3
Winning combination

Can you romance the homo? And no I don't mean sylvando but the actual homosexual party member.

I meant exclusive content and shitton versions of the game, and each of them in "Enhanced", "Full" or "Complete"

Check last season intro and you'll get it

I married my childhood friend IRL, it's just a natural choice if you have known each other so long and also develop attraction. Even at times when I feel like I hate her I know I wouldn't want anybody else.

I pick Bianca every time and always will, fight me niggers

>implying it wouldn't be better to be his wingman when he spots a qt on a town

Attached: 1539572006376.png (960x830, 235K)

It's fine as it is

Attached: Kid goku krillin and launch.jpg (550x386, 65K)

wtf i didn't even talk to a girl until i was like 17, my childhood friend is a grown ass man this is bullshit

I already bought it twice and will buy it a third time!

I WANT TO FUCK VERONICA

Attached: 1537357238814.jpg (571x900, 733K)

Why has it been so long without a foot pic that includes Veronica, her sister and older Veronica

that's your own fault

i agree, but it's honestly unrealistic to expect any creator to keep just doing master pieces, even less when they're on demand
he had a good run

GoTY editions are practically the same thing

Most of that was before the PS3 dropped

When's 8 gonna be on the Switch?

No no no. Japs loves to release for their RPGs 5 versions of rerelease in 1-2 years, with "extra content". And neither one of those versions would ever have all released content in them.

because xbox ain't got gaems

Attached: Chad_Warden.jpg (300x200, 8K)

>kill 1000 slimes
>kill 1000 rocks
>kill 10000 twigs
>you gain 1 level
fucking jrpgs

>Give Erik his triple attack ability
>Give him ability to deal extra damage to sleeping or poisoned foes
>Buff his attack
>Put enemy to sleep/poison with Sylvando
>Steamroll literally every encounter except the final boss
Sucked all the fun out of the game once I figured this out

Attached: 1560254170519.jpg (848x1024, 90K)

vocaroo.com/i/s1kyhlVkNNAE
I like Dragon Quest XI but the overworld theme is annoying.

I don't get the hate for XI's overworld and battle themes, they're the only two good pieces of original music the game has.

>kill 1 metal king slime
>gain 10 levels
Thank you hallelujah

this sounds way better

It sounds way worse.

Filthy piece of shit nigger don't ever imply I would play a multiplatform game on a PS4 again! You fucking retarded nigger scum

you fucking faggot

I've heard worse, that's 10x better than shitty battle themes like youtube.com/watch?v=i4PCOAJ80lo

Can't wait to hear the orchestral version of Hotto theme.

>shitting on SMT soundtrack
(you)

Attached: 1516355543148.gif (298x222, 1.24M)

*boing boing*
YOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 2CB77E08-8D51-4C73-944D-C510C645EFC0.png (500x497, 262K)

if we're getting expanded wishes for that one postgame dungeon, then being able to alternate her forms with an equip item might be a thing, similar to Serena's haircut

still fucking awful

she just needs more screentime and a bit more personality aside from wanting the luminary's dick desu
and for fucks sake, the wedding should've been a small area where you could talk to everyone and when you finish it you get the suit as a costume

>metal king slime appears
>miss
>miss
fuckkkkkk
>miss
metal king slime leaves
fuuuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkk

No one has asked Phil yet.

You mean you didn't like using an immortal wish-granting genie guy to literally memory rape her so she thinks you've already been married?

dude you have so many weaboo games on the Xbox One already. On less doesn't make a difference.

Tales games are garbage though.

OOoooooh, I fucking get it now. They don't show off the kids and hide who's using the Zenithian sword cause they want to obfuscate who V is going to marry. Clever.

wait til you find the real redpill that is Erik with dual swords instead
either way he obliterates everything though

That was so absurd it was hilarious. Made better by Gemma saying
>our marriage was so beautiful
YOU WEREN'T THERE

>immortal wish granting genie
Actually he does it because he's an ordained priest in the state of Nevada

I agree except for the beginning part which is even more obnoxious.
Also something about those recordings just doesn't sound suited for playing in a game, way too roomy. Can't belive they're just using the live CD music instead of re-recording stuff, though not like they didn't do the same with 8

... how is this bad in any way?
Maybe too upbeat for a regular theme but thats already kinda reaching

>Tfw no wedding scene with Sylvando jumping out of a cake in his peacock costume, followed by the rest of his dance brigade jumping out of the cake as well as if it was a fucking clown car
>Tfw no scenes with Rab at the wedding being an old man or any other party members celebrating as well

>implying she needs memory raping to do that
maybe if it was another option, but she was almost ready to jump on his dick during the prologue. Hell iirc there was that one elderly couple that implied that they fucked up there on the Tor

Attached: dratini.png (378x314, 171K)

>girl really likes you
>is PROBABLY willing to sleep with you
>lol this means rape is fair game and consent no longer matters

How does the cosmetic stuff work in this game? Only outfit I've seen that changes your look was the DLC stuff

Certain equipment changes your appearance. Its as simple as that.

I don’t mind any of the name changes besides Martina -> Jade. Martina just sounds way better.

Just got Sylvando but I don't want to use him because I'm using sword shield for my main, but I'm thinking about using great sword instead because it's cooler. Thinking about replacing Veronica with Sylvando but I'm not sure.

I gave Sylvando a whip, pretty sure that his better choice anyways

Sylvando is not a great attacker no matter what you give him. His optimal role in the party is as an offensive support role. Giving him swords works out better if you're planning on killing metal slimes.

sylv does well enough with his other weapons, but he's mainly there for buffs desu
as for the hero, greatswords are significantly better for most of the game while dual wielding 1 handed swords is better postgame
shields are actually worthless on him

>psfags
>lucky
its more of a nintendo thing but ok

There's like zero doubt that it will be Bianca, she is on the cover of every version of the game and Nera isn't. They also show adult Bianca in a few action scenes and Nera is only shown in her city with 5 meeting her.

Don't you mean Veronicunny

imagine the tightness

Veronica is irreplaceable as attack caster
Sylvando is best with whips because debuffs/buffs are his best niche. He can dual wield like Erik, but he will never be a better single-target attacker than Erik is with swords.

That's Amore does like 200 with him when I was at endgame last night. Not too shabby IMO, do his showmanship/litheness moves scale on charm or is it a flat rate attack?

200 is next to nothing in endgame though. Give him a whip and he will deal about that much with just normal attacks. He can cheese some encounters in the wheel of harma at the cost of a few extra turns with his weaker AoE attacks, but he's amazing as a support character to Erik, Hero Spoiler and Jade.
No idea how his attacks scale either. I never really used him as an attacker since Erik and Hero were so much stronger, especially with his support.

>it was xenophobic
back to resetera you tranny
the game did not get orchestrated music in any version, not in the japanese and definitely not in the west

you have absolutely no taste my friend

also the ability to switch to dq8's overworld theme, but not battle theme I think

Really hope the new game really opens up the marriage options.

Attached: DQXI_-_Krystalinda.png (1002x1903, 2.15M)

>accidentally call her mommy in front of the party
>erik starts laughing
>jade starts crying
>sylvando introduces himself as daddy

Fuck this song always gets me.

Attached: 1468728111964.jpg (600x690, 69K)

CANT WAIT FOR THE SWITCH VERSION
BOUGHT A SWITCH AND STOPPED PLAYING MY PIRATED PC VERSION SO I CAN BUY THE NEW ONE

that's pretty cool

Rank the mommies
Miko > Pang > Marina > Krystalinda

I don't even know why they changed it

Pang > Krystalinda > Jade > Miko

I WANT VERONICA TO BRAP IN MY FACE WHILE GIVING ME HEAD!!

>not marrying Crikeyfu
awful taste

wish you could have resuced her earlier and had her party member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: D9ntsjyUcAAWlLR.jpg large.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

Is the party members following you in the overworld something only on Switch?

Her english voice is awful. Shit accent and doesn't fit her at all. I'll probably like her more with the jap dub.

>that
>shitty
Extreme shit taste.

Sounds like an aborted version of one of the DB battle themes.