Comfy Bloodstained thread? Took Friday off work, been waiting since Tuesday to play it, gonna stay up all night

Comfy Bloodstained thread? Took Friday off work, been waiting since Tuesday to play it, gonna stay up all night.

Attached: C78B2EFD-D57C-418C-945B-32B565FDC058.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/game/bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night
youtube.com/watch?v=xq1tN9jZI80
mega.nz/#!ewMAXAKY!9FOuersPRZbRkYIDrDxTmmJvqxufcf5sN_7U6uWkz7M
youtube.com/watch?v=06_mkMguQRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tgUu8N05N24
youtube.com/watch?v=GPTjhsHha6k
youtube.com/watch?v=hj8dwJtm9js
youtube.com/watch?v=_AayM9DpFWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wasn't feeling it at first but after leveling up a bit and fighting the 2nd boss I am loving it.. Taking my time to really enjoy it, it's comfy af.

Yup, at second boss right now. I agree it’s pretty weird until you get to the castle.

took time off work? you must be pretty excited. i still need to play the first one. this might be heresy, but is it ok if i didnt play symphony of the night before i play these?

Yeah. They’re basically the same but have nothing to do with each other. If you like Bloodstained you also might be encouraged to check out SotN.

this game is so fucking ugly

Where my nightmare bros at?

Attached: nightmare.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

I un ironically love this game’s art style. It’s unique.

Just finished my second energy drink... do I go for another mtn dew?

i like the art, but the assets themselves do look like shit.

The grinder Knight death sound effect is amazing.

Is the uglyspammer back already?

I started on normal and think I might restart and try Nightmare, im not too far in but I also keep getting set back by crashes.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

zangetsu fight was pretty gay desu

Attached: 1550304770342.jpg (318x364, 32K)

Consider trying out hard first. Nightmare is a pain in the ass in the beginning before you can start farming more shards. So it gets easier as you go on from my experience but it does start off extremely fucked up. Quite a leap from hard to nightmare wish there was something in the middle.

Get the shield weapon its available after the ship portion.

Attached: 1560938955411.webm (700x394, 2.84M)

First game I've 100%/Platinumed in a LONG time. You know it was fun when you're left feeling empty and directionless after finishing it.

What the actual fuck, how does this work?

>3D
Yikes

What fucking shard is this? There are no unknowns in my bestiary and I don't have anything I don't already own on the crafter.

Attached: AHHH.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

fuck

Attached: 1550951635788.png (640x350, 265K)

idk if it waas just me but getting the id from o.d. was an unreasonable jump in logic and a little frustrating i event went to the train station so i ahd the right idea, it's also called identification right out the box

great game otherwise so far though

not really though, its average but has great colors

am i retarded? how the hell do I dodge the water beam attack that goes across the screen from the first boss (not the one where she's in the background, but when she's on the side of the ship). playing on hard mode.

jump over it, yeah its one of those counter intuitive results of 2.5d

the squids blocks the beam

You just crouch behind the little dudes and let it go over them. It took me a while too.

i agree

i ended up getting that by sheer luck, i just wanted to switch something out

She always summons adds right before she does it you simply hide behind them.

Thanks. I always killed the adds instantly with a spell or something so I was getting fucked up by the beam.

You either didn't check hard enough or your game is bugged.
It's Toxic Storm dropped by Demon 75 Macaron(one of the big cats).

The little squidlings can block them.
you need to keep them in place so they don’t attack but avoid doing enough damage to finish them off.

For this boss? I believe so. It's avoidable but pretty annoying to get it. The webm shows how albeit in a more cleaner situation. Usually the boss will drop those adds in a messier fashion and sometimes more than 2. Gotta keep them alive while interrupting them to stop them from jumping/spraying.

Attached: 1561062009117.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

Not yet waiting a few weeks for latest patches and full dlc t*rr*nt

Thanks got it now. I'm pretty sure its the result of running through a room having my shields kill the mob but me leaving the room before the shard flies into me that causes it to be added to the drop list without actually giving you it.

It's hinted at in a conversation with Dominque that you can miss; if you go to the train station and then back to her she'll talk about how you need identifications and a vampire would probably know how to get on the train, you can then talk to OD who tells you to get a photo; however if you get the silver bromide before doing this you'll get the photo and skip the conversation.

Why is hard mode so not hard

I was able to kill Bloodless before the boss they intended you to fight next and I haven't even grinded. The only difficulty in the game so far is the fact that enemies do a ton of damage, but that's easily mitigated.

when I first talked to him I had already explored the train entrance so she asked him how to get by and he explicitly said that if you brought him a picture of yourself he could put it on his ID card for you to use

Got lucky and went to swap my books when the turnstile did not accept just the photo. Otherwise I'd been fucked. Books are great

Hard mode is weird in this one, it's designed around being possible on a new save, however only accessible after beating the game.

It should have been designed for post-game characters.

>playing on anything other than nightmare

GUNS

Attached: triple_shot_sync.webm (614x566, 1012K)

Where do diamonds drop?

Couldn't he get a proper haircut at least?

Attached: rrr.png (1280x720, 1.77M)

I'm beyond mad, this fucking underwater portion is irritating as fuck because the spikes chunk me for 100 minimum and by the time I get out of it I can't find the Secret Desert's save room.

Waiting for them to fix her voice glitch...

Wait until the floor is lava

I wouldn't be as mad if it wasn't for the fact that my game crashed right after I tried to leave the save room next to the underwater area. That's the only bug I've seen besides the cathedral portal room being laggy as shit for me.

Teps Oceus, the blizzard dropping shit and the light beam are fucking broken

I also figured out you can kill Bloodless early right after you get the double jump.
I'm honestly pretty curious what the bad ending any% route is going to look like. Just experimenting on NG+ that ending can be completed without visiting the bottom half of the map or doing the double dragon fight(which also means you don't ride the train).

My nigga
I dont use guns but the art of attack cancelling on land is a staple top tier move that i'm glad they kept in. I read some butthurt post about this being "sloppy animation job" or something and laughing.

>It should have been designed for post-game characters.
Hell no. Fuck that shit.

First or second fight?
His second fight is pretty tough, I may be under leveled though

Alfred, Zangetsu, Bloodless and the 8-bit nigger are the bosses that gave me the hardest time on Hard, but I'm probably overleveled too because it's so easy to clear rooms with a shard or two and the exp piles up
Will be nice on Nightmare

How achievable is the platinum? Is there any shitty trophy that makes it near impossible?

Gotta get those cancels down for maximum DPS

Nightmare is the one for post game characters.

no idea but I need one too and I know I dropped them, before, but I don't recall where or what I used them for

Jesus Christ. I’m on this section now. Pissed me off so bad after a couple of attempts that I went back and upgraded fire resist passive fully only to realise that it does fuck all for the lava. Guess I’m gonna have to start using ranged abilities.

The visuals in that zone don’t help at all.

Thats not true either you start maintaining stat pickups, food buffs and all gear. You will just steamroll the game until the very end when enemies start becoming a threat.

What is enemy number 117?

Any idea what hidden wall or room I'm missing? This is driving me crazy. Let me know if you need a closeup to any areas in particular.

Attached: 2BJmThd.png (2543x1322, 3.94M)

You guys are stacking luck, right?

Attached: luck.webm (900x500, 2.98M)

where the fuck do you go with invert skill, all the maps unlocked, i cant see shit all to explore

Attached: 1545972378423.png (220x211, 10K)

Here you go for comparison

Attached: 100% map.jpg (1920x1080, 466K)

I found it!

Attached: 1.jpg (170x130, 4K)

Den of Behemoths is so fucking lazy. I was feeling really good about the game up until now.

There's not much to explore with invert anyway. Literally like 2 boxes on the map that actually matter.

Someone post link to the gog download

gog.com/game/bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night

if the price is not 0,00 I am not interested

i was told to get the invert skill to get to places, seems like im stuck then, can you get back on the ghost train?

lol, faggot

Or just git gud

go to the base of the twin dragon towers and immediately invert till you stop

Invert in the Double Dragon boss arena to get the armor that protects from spikes.

You can go back to the ghost train whenever you want but it's only really useful for one shard.

They did, you just got mad.

Thanks that put me at 99.9%, Now I just need to find the last bit

The last entry? Secret Boss. To access it you have to borrow the tome of conquest from OD and then move through the ice area . No idea what unlocks the tome specifically though.

Yes, you can get on the train again, just go to the end of the platform and press up when the prompt shows up.
Also, my hint for progression is this, One of the towers had an item you got earlier to get on the train. There are still two chests there.

is there a way to make it so my divekick does no damage?

Apparently Iga and 505 have confirmed that they won't be using Kickstarter for the inevitable sequel, so it looks like the game is already a success to them. Hopefully the fact that they'll have a library of assets to reuse ala Castlevania means they'll have time to polish the visuals and iron out the glitches.

And hopefully Mana actually gets to design the main cast this time.

Attached: Mana Bloodstained.jpg (1000x1338, 458K)

does map completion go beyond 100%

The lab past the train station, in the north east room outside the save room theres a hidden wall

T-teach me your secrets user-kun!

no

shame

yeah it goes all the way up to 200%... :(

what are some secret enemies that only appear if you do something specific in a specific room?

so far Ive only found 2

Any idea where Hair Apparent V is?

Bunnymorphosis is so overpowered, get enough drinks to get MP regen up and you can keep transformed. Lili form's damage scales off of INT, so you can easily do above 100 damage fairly early, plus at max rank, you get a rapid fire kick that can kill most bosses fairly quick.

Also, I found a "glitch" with it, using the shard that turns you into light and then immediately using the transformation afterwards makes you have the head of a Lili and the body of Miriam.

>like shanoa far better than miriam as a waifu
>but I'm starting to like this game more than OOE despite only having about 3 hours in it
what do I do bros...

Attached: 1522359214120.jpg (540x540, 65K)

Secret wall behind OD.

breakable wall you can only access with high jump in the ship

Go straight right after entering the desert.

Try not being retarded.

you can just give her Shanoa's hair and colour pallet

Where's the crepe recipe?
The poor old lady has been starving for days now.

Thanks user that did it!

The fact that Passive shards can turn into Skill shards at max Rank is great, though I found out the hard way you still need 9 shards to get the most of it.

The glaring graphic flaws and the kickstarter bullshit is a hard pill to swallow but once that Aria of Sorrow autism kicked in it was all good. Glad to see that Iga still knows what made his old games enjoyable. I wish this would guarantee a sequel or something and Iga finally getting a real team to work with.

Iga and 505 have both already talked doing a sequel, namely without kickstarter next time. Man wants to make it a franchise and they seem all around really confident about the release.

>Wandering around with double jump
>Kick off a bunch of candles in a row to some place I probably shouldn't be
>Naked lady jumps out of a tub and bumps her ass into me until I'm dead
That was interesting.

>OoE
I can appreciate what it did but I really didn't enjoy it.
I really want more CHARLOTTE! with a little bit of JONATHAN!

Why are the key door boss souls not 100% its annoying padding for time i you wanna get all shards

Is there a way to turn off all the kickstarter shit?

It's not only distracting having every other piece of equipment being some epic joke meme, and all these overpowered weapons on display in the shops but the faces of random hipsters adoring the walls and floating after you is a little much to be honest. Immersion breaking in a game where the moody gothic atmosphere is half the fun.

They're probably treated as regular enemies with regular drop rates because you need several of their drops to craft all the ultimate gear

Link to source? That’s all I wanted to hear. I can stomach bad graphics but shit be testing my faith when I have to look at some shmuck’s pet or look at numales. I swear to god Shovel Knight was the only game that managed backer inclusion right.

What exactly is the catch with Ridill? Stats are shit given the ingredients it requires. Is it used for another weapon or something

I've been cheesing the whole game using the bunny suit since it does more damage than any weapon I've been able to find or craft.
Am I missing something?

What the fuck is the input for invert? I'm stuck upside down and no matter what I'm trying it doesn't go back

down up then a

I read it on the official forum a few days ago so lemme find the post.

Nope, Lili form is complete cheese. Get enough MP regen via drinks and max out the Rank and Level, and you have a 100+ damage form around the time you get the glass hand shard.
Stack INT, since it doesn't scale off of ATK or STR.

I love it when newfags complain about
>muh serious atmosphere
Never played an igavania, have you? It's always been a kitchen sink full of jokey stuff, or are robots and french maids moody and gothic too?

Attached: Holy_Symbol_Icon.png (99x127, 1K)

I'm gonna leave because I want to experience this as blind as I can, but I just want to say this game is filling me with great joy, and I almost don't want to play it because I fear we'll never get another game like a Aria/Dawn of Sorrow again.

Also seeing the little animations the familiars do when you sit down reminded me of that old Castlevania soul, this was certainly much more than just another Kickstarter game.

You shut the fuck up right now and give me more skirt flipping zombie maids.

Attached: 1446696441563.gif (292x172, 12K)

I liked the fact that the supernatural community has things like photagraphy, ID's and all, at the time when humanity has just started the industrial revolution.

See at this point I'm now wondering how OD had his own passplate, like can they even capture his likeness in a photo?

I'd like to imagine he just used an oil painting from a few hundred years ago.

Ratios are fucked in this one, it was like 90 normal /10 joke or 80/20 depending on the game. This one is like 30 norm / 70 joke.

Joke weapons, items, enemeies are fine in moderation when they start crowding out everything else it's gets absurd to the point it takes you out of it. Finding the shoes they make you taller, that's a gag but that was one item out of hundreds. Also yes of course french maids fit with the gothic style what kind of question is that? What do you think the g in egl stands for?

Attached: egl maid.jpg (300x400, 27K)

Luck helps with item/shard drops right? Its not just for crit?

>fatal error'd right as I teleported to a save from finishing the lava hellhole

see

How the fuck are you meant to kill carpentor? he keeps summoning shit thats not like regular arch demons

Attached: 1545943536338.gif (404x347, 1.4M)

whats best familiar to lvl?

who else great sword here?

There was a patch if you had started it fucked up your progress and you have to start over now or something.

Invert, deal with the summon. then rain hell on him

Is there anything else other than the aegis plate to get with invert at the towers?

Valk dress is up there too.

>Rhaval Bural let's you attack while moving
Combat is actually fun now. Are they other weapons like it?

Attached: ttt.png (1280x720, 1.23M)

there are literally only 4 joke/backer enemies here. And out of all the weapons and equipment I found, there is only a handful that could be considered out of the general tone of the previous games.
As for the portraits, I genuinely don't understand how they can trigger anyone
>inb4 doesn't fit the artstyle
picrelated

Attached: dos portrait.jpg (180x242, 11K)

there is an upgraded version of it
get that and the accelerate shard and you runnin around slicing things to death

That's cute as hell

>there is an upgraded version of it
WHERE
I NEED IT

I like the Dulla Heads since it's easy to get multiple shards and the more shards, the more heads are summoned. They're also pretty aggressive.

Look just because you were wrong doesn't mean you have to get all bent out of shape user. You can handling incongruity in your games, good on you. It cheapens it for me. Would be nice if they had a switch to turn them all off.

>just because you were wrong
If you say so. But perhaps you can provide examples of those 70% of joke items and weapons?

When I first went to his chamber I had no idea what was going on, I used my shadow clone to spam him to death with overwhelming damage.
I used a great sword to hit the demons at the same time.

The book which gives strength boost probably adds the most to your DPS. Bitey heads are good for set it and forget it crowd control.

The rest of them attack too infrequently to even consider. Silver knight does good damage when he actually bothers to attack but again he's passive like the sword and the fairy.

Bloodstained anime when?

Attached: Castlevania.s02e07.webm (720x400, 2.74M)

26% map completion and I just got the double jump pretty recently. It was a fucking effort to tear myself away from this, holy shit what a fun game. I love that it doesn't take itself super seriously and there are loads of silly things from Castlevania references to all sorts of goofy abilities. Mechanics like the library are legitimately clever and put a nice spin on things, and there are a large variety of weapons that I'm enjoying thanks to the shortcut system. Flame Whip is probably my favorite thus far, with the pig toss and Death Cry as my favorite abilities. Summon Sword is also completely baller, although the fairy is adorable too. Also some of you were shittalking the music and I couldnt disagree more, what a great soundtrack.

That said, there are some weird things. At least 4 times now I've been unable to get an item that is clearly above the ground because some tiny bit of it is stuck in a wall or the floor, that's pretty weak. Also there are moments when I'm using a whip while jumping and instead of swinging it, Miriam just holds onto it. Maybe I'm doing a technique wrong and interrupting something but it made some parts pretty irritating. Otherwise everything is pretty rock solid outside some lag in areas like the Twin Dragon Tower.

Attached: 1560682020120.jpg (780x1000, 117K)

In Nightmare, you're restricted to LVL1 all throughout the game and have to rely on a good build and any Max Ups you find while environmental hazards do quad damage and bosses have their hard attack patterns.

Go through the item list at the start of the game, take out the 4 starter weapons you get the boat because they're al normal, nearly everything else is gag. I'm using boots right now and next "upgrade" goes from boots with a knife in them to clown shoes that squeak as you run. It's pretty ridiculous that these are what I'd be using if I was purely going for stats. Nearly ever piece of headgear I've found is a joke.

you need a material from one of the optional boss fights, that you only get the key for at damn near the end of the game.

The boots with the knives in them are fucking awesome. I dont know how youre qualifying jokes because all my headwear is pretty fine looking (currently using the wolf head). Would you consider stuff like the Stone Mask or Bird Mask to be a joke just because it looks a little silly?

Not that guy. I wouldn't call it triggering since I still get a satisfaction of smashing them to bits but they still irks me since they stick out like a sore thumb. Also for every backer portrait that looks fitting there is like 5 more that does not. For fucks sake the first time you encounter these portraits there's like 2 dudes right there with literal soiboi haircuts.

>MFW SITTING ON THE SEAT DURING THE TRAIN RIDE

Attached: 1505339618554.png (399x509, 180K)

Stone Mask is definitely a joke/meme, it's from some anime. It's been a prior games as a joke item too. I don't have a bird or wolf mask yet but if you're listing them alongside the stone mask they're probably joke items too.

I've obtained the Zangetsu where do I go to next? should I keep trying to kill this Carpenter boss?

So 1 boot weapon out of the bunch equals 70% joke weapons?
>Nearly ever piece of headgear I've found is a joke.
Like what? Cowboy hat? Pirate hat? Those were in older games too, you know. The only ones I would agree are joke items are bunny ears, santa hat and the animal beret, which brings the total amout of joke hats I've come across to a whopping 3 out of a dozen or so.

can i level some criticism.
i really like the game but it feels unfinished or at the very least content bare.

>most weapon types feel the same save for slightly different animations and damage types.
>many shard abilties dont ugprade well by that i mean dawn of sorrow did it better not only did projectiles get increased but also behavior and effect in different aspects. uprades save for the golden shards here seem to upgrade only one aspect of the ability like for example area of effect, duration or count.
>mastery is mostly useless in my opinion just give each weapon an easily exectued special ability for consistency for example with up+attack
>not enough compainions and the only two useful ones are the tome for the buff and the silver knight for the area of effect. the others are pretty much useless.
>quests are too simplistic in my opinion granted ooc and dos had equally simple quests but they felt different and more engaging.
>the game is overall way too easy even on nightmare once upgrade a few of the ability shards to skills so they are always on the power boost outscales enemies incredibly
>my last major gripe is its too short and too small in scope. ive exected more enemies and less recolors. a second actual inverted castle and way way more bossfights and progress abilties. also secrets. there barely are any in the game. the only somewhat hard to find secret is the train demon since you can miss it so easily.

i really like the game but im not satisfied with what it is for 5 million and 4 years of development.

You pay attention to what the person who gave you it told you/read it's flavor text and bring it to the totally probably maybe final boss fight. Carpenter is a bonus boss

What enemy drops flying beef?

How much did they pay to have thier photo in the game?

Dark elemental in sorcery lab

the winged cows in the area where you fight zengetsu.

Where do I go after beating the dragon and getting the ID? I figured it was the train station but I was wrong.

What the hell is the drop rate I've been killing it and only getting rennets and bovine plumes

What's the difference between Rank and Grade for magic?

>most weapon types feel the same save for slightly different animations and damage types.
Most weapons ARE the same, they have different classifications like sword, greatsword, dagger, etc. Sometimes you get ones within the same class that have unique effects but like... i'm not sure what you were expecting.
Clubs and Sword feel identical though I will give you that.

>quests are too simplistic in my opinion granted ooc and dos had equally simple quests but they felt different and more engaging.
Honestly i'd rather there be no quests at all but shrug.

Attached: Untitled.png (657x115, 51K)

Talk to OD and he'll give you what you need to access the train.

Yeah but you also weren't seeing them. People have made the joke about how much of a goofball your characters would look like in video games if you actually saw all that random stuff they were equipping for some reason they made that joke a reality without a bit of self awareness in this game. Also you've got all those backerweapons clogging up the list.

I ended up sequence breaking past 4 bosses at this point because I didn't know what to do. This game is sick

How do you get the chest under the bridge in weebtown?

>Stone Mask is definitely a joke/meme, it's from some anime.
Yeah I get that its a Jojos reference but if you didnt know that it would be completely fitting for the game as there is nothing universe breaking about it.

>I dont know those things but they're joke items too
The only joke I'm seeing is you, pal.

>he's using the knifeboots or the toy shoes and not the chad Oleanders
Cmon my dude

I'm missing the final tier of weapons, many people are talking about an upgraded not-crissaegrim and I can't find it on my list despite definitely having the item drop from Millionaire's bane. Where can I find the book/recipe for those weapons?

>without a bit of self awareness
Are you saying that Bloodstained is lacking in self awareness? Are you fucking high?

Does getting more shards do anything or is it only upgrading vis alchemy

>Dracule

Elucard? Fucking really?

Rank is how many times you've have it upgraded by Johannes, Grade is how many copies you've collected of that shard. Familiars also have level which is how much EXP they've accumulated while active.

Generally speaking grade typically affects damage but it can do other things for example it also increases the number of heads the dulla familiar summons.

As for rank, the game just flat out tells you what it does as you can see in the picture and again it varies shard to shard but for spell magic it's usually number of projectiles, duration of projectiles, or coverage/range of the spell.

>Most weapons ARE the same, they have different classifications like sword, greatsword, dagger, etc
i comparing the weapons to dawn of sorrow here. because many of the weapon typse there behaved very differently. for example the cestus class. there was one that was slow but hit hard, one that hit rapidly. one that fired projectiles if you hit an enemy and the higher tier cestus weapons had all a unique special attack associated to them. spears were also radically different same for one handed swords and two handeds words. also katanas. sure the early weapons felt the same but the endgame weapons and cratfted weapons all had a very distinct feeling to them and behaved differently. the gungnir was a fun spear for example. its speacial was firing a beam that hit rapidly. the muramasas special at first looks like the other katanas but then you figure out that you can keept it going infinitly by timing your attack right. DoS had great weapons that actually were more than just a recolor with slightly different stats.

this is what i mean by they all feel the same.

>but shit be testing my faith when I have to look at some shmuck’s pet or look at numales.
>look at numales
Are there a bunch of mirrors later in the game or what

At least so far all the conversations are deadly serious about everything. It's a tonal nightmare.

theres a ring that increases item drops from enemies. you get it either from the granny, the priest or somewhere in the water area i forgot which one exactly.

Right, what recipe books have I missed lads?

Attached: dammit.png (713x585, 170K)

>At least so far all the conversations are deadly serious about everything.
Did you ever get off the fucking ship? You've got to be fucking kidding me. I bet you haven't even met the coachman.

D.O.

Attached: bloodstained od.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

You're right, thanks for reminding me about the weapons from DoS.

>using backer weapons
nah bro, u a bitch

Rate my Miriam

Attached: D9j90CwWkAEGqwU.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

Honestly this is all very valid criticism. I also feel like the game could have been more especially with how much money they raised. I feel like the celebrity voice cast might have been too much.

Praise be the lord. The Castlevania lore got pretty weird, so having a clean start might be a good thing for Iga.

HINJAKU HINJAKU

Attached: dracula dio.jpg (480x480, 50K)

Like I said you don't have to be so mad just because I owned you bro.

Absolutely SMASHING.

>I swear to god Shovel Knight was the only game that managed backer inclusion right.

By doing the exact same thing? Including shoe-horning in OC boss fights?

The only game to do it right was La Mulana 2. The backers are all skeletons. That's it.

Attached: Lava.jpg (2560x1440, 844K)

Damn shame no doubt, but I still love the game. This is why I am hoping hard for a proper sequel in the future. And hopefully this time it won't take 4 bajillion years.

Where's the item for haircut V

I don't even think you're more than 30 minutes into the game judging by how little you seem to know about it.

how do I not get a game over after fighting gebel?

DO YOU RIKE TO PRAY BROODSTAINED ??

Attached: 20190621121205_1.jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

>the game is overall way too easy

Much harder than SOTN

>my last major gripe is its too short

Twice as long as OOE

>>not enough compainions and the only two useful ones are the tome for the buff and the silver knight for the area of effect. the others are pretty much useless.

Free heals from fairy. Best sword from the sword.

End your life, zoomie.

Diablo 3 monk is the best one.
I heard people saying there was a Saber one, but I never found it.

Attached: ned.jpg (200x188, 21K)

>Diablo 3 monk
is that even legal?

Why do people complain the game is too easy? I find the difficulty to be perfect and fun.

Timer is currently at 47mins, which is why i was asking if there was a way to turn off all the kickstarter shit so I could just enjoy the game without the constant hipster portraits and out of place meme items.

Maybe I'll come back when someone has modded it all out.

Attached: 20190621032453_1.jpg (1920x1080, 370K)

oops, I meant to ask in that post.

What are the two books that I'm missing?

>fighting Zangetsu with Nodachi

Attached: time for jack... to LET 'ER RIP.gif (640x360, 1.11M)

Spoilers in well spoilers, also I suck at giving vague hints
1) Find a way to get past spikes (Invert at the second twin towers)
2) Defeat the boss of area hidden by spikes(use the item in 1 to get pass or brute force it with healing items)
3) Pay attention to the cutscene and Read the flavor text of the item you get after the fight
4) Do the action during the fight against Gebel (Cut the moon when it turns red with the weapon you got)

They made martial arts viable compared to the old fist weapons.
>many shard abilties dont ugprade well by that i mean dawn of sorrow did it better not only did projectiles get increased but also behavior and effect in different aspects. uprades save for the golden shards here seem to upgrade only one aspect of the ability like for example area of effect, duration or count.
Dawn of Sorrow had a handful of souls you'd use because others were horrible.
>mastery is mostly useless in my opinion just give each weapon an easily exectued special ability for consistency for example with up+attack
It's for the people who want some spice in their gameplay, but for me I agree.
>not enough compainions and the only two useful ones are the tome for the buff and the silver knight for the area of effect. the others are pretty much useless.
There are enough and they have the same issue like souls and shards. Some are better than others.
I kind of agree but at the same time I'm glad they didn't deviate me from the story but was mostly an extra thing for fun.
>my last major gripe is its too short and too small in scope. ive exected more enemies and less recolors. a second actual inverted castle and way way more bossfights and progress abilties. also secrets. there barely are any in the game. the only somewhat hard to find secret is the train demon since you can miss it so easily.
It's probably the longest and biggest "castlevania" yet. But I agree it had a lack of bosses.

I didn't back the game, so I don't feel obliged to give it praise.

Oh wow a whole 17 minutes longer than I thought! I bet you didn't even beat Zangetsu yet you tasteless faggot. Congrats you've spent more time shitposting about how there are too many joke items in Bloodstained than you have actually playing Bloodstained.

Attached: 1553940006218.png (519x600, 206K)

You on normal or hard?

Normal was always a joke so I immediately restrarted on Hard.
Hard start out okay until around the midway point then got too easy.
Nightmare kicked my ass from the start in an unfun kind of way, not really how I want my first playthrough to go.

So I settled for Hard mode while using sub-optimal equipment and shards. Very easy to break these sorts of games so it kinda goes with the territory.

No, not exactly. But I don't think Iga even knows she looks like her. I don't know if it is her to begin with, but the resemblance is striking.

OoE was the first (and last) game to properly branch the metroidvania with the castlevania. It was hard, it had stages instead of backtracking and the bosses especially were super scary and memorable.

Portrait hard mode lv 1 is great but normal mode is pretty boring and bloat-y.

Do you want me to remind you about zombie butlers trowing food at you?
Or using said food to lure out a yeti and kill it?
Aria/Dawn of Sorrow was fucking chock full of gags like that, are you fucking HIGH you goddamn nigger?
Igavanias are inherently corny and cheesy, there is nothing wrong with having some joke weapons, items and enemy designs.

Apart from the skeletons, some of the background statues and stonefaces are backers in the game too, however, they blend in much better and are barely noticeable unless you really look.

I miss dual wielding.

hey thanks, much appreciated.

He probably only played the MercurySteam games. Konami games always have fun easter eggs. I think they went overboard with the backer portraits though, because the fucking things are EVERYWHERE.

Attached: POR_Salamander.gif (300x169, 1.99M)

Zangetsu was easy did him awhile ago, I'm the "Garden of Silence" area. I'm a little too good at these games though so I understand if you got stuck and spent a lot of time getting this far.

My thumb doesn't.

What? I don't remember any background statues. You mean those two heads in Anwfnn? Those are some sexy fucking backers.

>did him a while ago
>at 47 minutes of gameplay
lmao no you didn't you shitposting faggot. Garden of Silence is before Zangetsu anyways.

>My thumb doesn't.
Hah!

I never really liked the Soma games to be honest.

You only get a taste of Garden first time through, try actually playing the game, kid.

At least they let you kill most of them.

How would you know, you haven't beaten it. Big talk from a guy so triggered by joke items that he's dropping the game until mods fix it for him. Good luck with that, champ.

Man you really get bent out of shape that some people have better taste than you. Not a good way to live bro.

Has anyone figured out the Celeste room? It won't have an enemy or shard, I can say that for a fact.
Also, Dark Matter seems to give your character a permanent glow.

what are these for and why dont i have the other bosses i killed?

Attached: o13ECzK.jpg (1928x1080, 317K)

Skeleton servants being trained to serve food and mythical yetis being lured out of hiding isn't quite the same I'd say.

Attached: Visual AIDS.png (588x232, 156K)

I'm thinking about getting it, but my bank put a hold on my money, so I'm afraid to spend anything.

In the meantime, I'm considering the pricetag. Is it worth $36? How long is it?

means you didnt get hit during the fight

You didn't get hit once.

ah

you could just pirate it, its on gog
also i beat the game in 15 hours, but ive been trying to fully 100% it and im almost at 30 hours at this point

>OC boss fights
Aside from Reize or whatever, everyone fitted in very well. Even Baz. Every other non bossfight OC character also fitted to the point where I couldn't even tell that they were backer OCs till I looked it up. Also they kept the other backer shit like the portraits a single location that you purposely have to go and look at.

I ain't shitting on Bloodstained mind you, I love the game but the kicksarter backer stuff was just slightly jarring like seeing sprinkles on a steak. Shit ain't preventing me from enjoying the game but I'm trying figure out how some people here thinks that stuff looks a-ok.

>Is it worth $36
I'd say yes. It has tons of replayability and has tons of content for a metroidvania. It's comparable to Hollow Knight.

>fitted
>fitted
ESLs go home

took me about 21 hours and a playthrough on each difficulty to 100%. first took the longest about 15 hours alone. subsequent playthroughs are much faster though due to a certain ability you can carry over into ng+

IGA is fucking me right now.

How does it feel?

first one your missing is the pasta book from the upper outside area of the left tower, the last one I have no idea I'm missing that one too.

I want Bloodless to bite me

>People have made the joke about how much of a goofball your characters would look like in video games if you actually saw all that random stuff they were equipping
youtube.com/watch?v=xq1tN9jZI80

I play on normal, didn't know about difficult options but I find it perfectly suitable. Easier than OoE but much harder than SoTN

I think Celeste is just for chilling. Music boxes do nothing, so does sitting in different chairs while playing them. Considering the fact that the key to this room is hidden behind destructible ceiling, I'd say it's just for flavor.
I mean confession booth in SoTN wasn't really useful as well, at best you'd get some wine from it.

mega.nz/#!ewMAXAKY!9FOuersPRZbRkYIDrDxTmmJvqxufcf5sN_7U6uWkz7M

SWITCHFAGS RISE UP

This is the GOG version of the game.

Attached: tumblr_o0t8sd9FsP1u46q4qo1_1280.jpg (1200x1553, 272K)

That's how to do backers right. Seclude them to their own specific area, or hide them in the background in a way where they fit into the overall game. Paypiggies should never pop out the background and fly in your face, unless they actually fit into the game's theme.

I think Hollow Knight also did it well.

>I couldn't even tell that they were backer OCs till I looked it up

Sadly I'm not as dumb as you are and I could smell the stink of OC from a mile away. I didn't even know beforehand that they could do that; I just instantly realized "some jerkoff bribed the devs to make me fight this gay-ass boss".

Did they fix all the fucking bugs yet

use inverse and use accelerator to dodge his fireballs when he speeds up

>taking time off work to play with your toys
I bet you got it for your Switch too, faggot.
Reevaluate your life and consider seppuku.

Attached: psHHryH.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

>It's comparable to Hollow Knight.
I doubt that. Hollow Knight took me over 40 hours to get the true ending. And around 6 hours to 100%. Granted, I'm a bit of a slow player. But still, can Bloodstained come close to that?

All the boss fights were fun and they managed to trigger the Reize autist with Specter Knight so its all fine by me.

Hollow Knight is longer but also has far less replay value due to the length, also I'm willing to bet you played Hollow Knight not in its vanilla form. Bloodstained is getting loads of DLC shit for free.

"Have your face in the game as a unique sprite-art in the background" was a stretch goal of the kickstarter campaign.
Not sure, but these guys on the left might actually be a backer. There were a few others where I'm pretty positive that was a backer but don't remember where I've seen them. La-Mulana is filled with random statues and at times weird looking backgrounds, so these guys are a lot less noticeable and blend in much better than the paintings in Bloodstained which are really obvious.

Attached: 20180806201711_1.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

does this have zangetsu as a playable character yet?

There's a fine line between "hey look at this wacky shit in the game" and "look at this shit about some shmuck/e-celeb". No I'm not even taking about the backer joke weapons.

My first playthrough was 11 hours I had roughly double that in my first run of HK

For me it was roughly half as long.

That's just a completely feature-less face with no expression. Of course, it's how I imagine someone dull enough to back fucking La Mulana would look like.

Pretty sure almost all e-celeb stuff is actually locked behind changing your profile name, son.
You'll never see them if you don't know about them in the first place.
Are you just pointlessly mad that someone added their thing in the game and you didn't? Because considering the circumstances under which you obtain "shmuck/e-celeb" items, this seems to be the case.

The only gay-ass boss was Rieze.

How do you get a mustache?

Zangetsu is kinda a trash character I'm not in the least bit looking forward to playing him. Maybe he'll be fun to play but he's completely flat in this game and you know he's supposed to be the cool guy but it doesn't work at all. Maybe it's part of my psyche associating the loser that his David Hayter with the character and this is like his pathetic attempt to "come back" into VO. It just doesn't work and he doesn't work. Also as a boss he was probably the least interesting fight in the entire game.

Do the weapon shards do anything? It says it increases damage and weapon speed but I see no difference at all with it on or off.

>also I'm willing to bet you played Hollow Knight not in its vanilla form
I did.

Post her.

Also anyone figured out what to do with the painting with the weird eye?

Attached: 20190621125035_1.jpg (1920x1080, 441K)

Zangetsu was literally the coolest character in Curse of the Moon though.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 232K)

You sound like you have some personal issues to work out.

If all the backer shit was locked behind profile names I don't think we'd even be having this conversation right now.

>Are you just pointlessly mad that someone added their thing in the game and you didn't?
We really resorting to strawmans now? And I don't even know how you managed to pull that out from what I said. I'm just salty about the fact that there are people claiming that backer OCs and backer related references are the same thing as the in-game stupid shit the series have.

Give me examples of e-celeb items in-game then.

Really? Before any of the DLC stuff was added? I'm impressed you got that much time out of it. Well good on you user, personally I loved HK but this scratches a different itch due to things like nightmare mode and different characters.

Its actually amazing how triggered you are about this backer shit and the joke items. Are you planning on whining for the rest of the thread?

You could use more luck.

Is it worth getting for its current price on Steam? Seems kinda steep. How large of a game is it?

play voice 825 in sound test
Johannes confirmed for third playable character

King of the trash heap.

Why does it make you so mad though? Just try to calm down and cope with the situation. You'll get through this.

I honestly would say wait it out a bit. Price is worth it IMO but right now theres a bunch of bugs they are working out.

Such as?

I can't get more luck other than equipping Luck Augment.

And I don't know why you are taking all this effort to defend people saying mean things about backer content.

10-20 hours for a first playthrough. About normal for one of these games. Not as huge as Hollow Knight but not as tiny as Samus Returns.

>Really? Before any of the DLC stuff was added?
Yeah, I looked up the DLC just to make sure. And I remember the Zote battle being introduced after I finished playing. Which means I played before the first DLC.

I'm just not that good at action games, and much rather explore than challenge myself with harder and harder fights.

616 too for alfred mode

Yeah you can't edit your posts on Yea Forums. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of posting here before too long!

>People claiming that backer OCs and backer related references are the same thing as the in-game stupid shit the series have.
What regular player sees in Bloodstained is 90% consistent with other igavanias. The e-celeb shit you are talking about is locked behind extra requirements, like inputting codeword as your profile name.
There is literally no difference in this case between this game, Shovel Knight, La-Mulana 2 or Hollow Knight. You're full of hot air for no reason, nigger.

Get more luck.

everyone is pretty boring in this game desu, especially Miriam. She doesn't have a single badass line/moment

Attached: shanoa2.png (480x348, 267K)

What exactly are you supposed to do when Zangetsu 2 sucks you in? I tried everything I could and I can't get out

To be fair Shanoa only has that moment where she crushes the crab. That line you posted is trash.

I CAN'T!

equip death bringer. and jump over his head after two swings. repeat.

>That lava area
>Enemies palette and attacks basically blend with environment
>Bloom as icing
Fuck

>I'm just salty
Yeah its been super obvious the whole thread

He's so mad he's resorting to trying to discredit all complaints by claiming samefag. This is just getting sad. I'll pray for your soul.

Yeah, but get more luck tho.

The only badass protagonist in CV was Alucard. And they kind of ruined him in the sorrow games.

>Demon! Death is too good for you!

Wait are you claiming those two posts weren't by the same poster? That's rich, my butthurt underage chum.

Abnormally trash taste here, lad.

I'm actually missing what I think is more recipes so I could get more luck somehow. Anyone know where it is?

Attached: 20190621130535_1.jpg (1920x1080, 369K)

>he's doubling down now
My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

>spend 80% of the game getting dabbed on by her gay autistic brother who is busy jacking off over the smell of her hair while also being manipulated by some old nigger re-enacting edited Sonic comics
Shanoa really doesn't get a chance to shine in her own game

how do i stop myself from getting a backdash related wrist injury

is it possible to get 100% shards ? i have all the ones from monster/boss and the ones you have to make but i'm still at 93%

Alucard is badass but it's all about my boy Trevor.

>is it possible to get 100% shards ?
No they only put a total of 93% of them in the game as a joke just to fuck with people.

what does cursing a boss do?

Silver knight is EXTREMELY unhappy with this wall for some reason and i'm not sure why.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1874x1040, 737K)

I'm talking about that kino callback to Simon's Quest.

wonder if any cheat codes are in at launch

Attached: cheatcodes.png (662x274, 317K)

Change it to another button or get a turbo controller.

>The only badass protagonist in CV
Julius Mode exists, user. You know, the man who actually killed Dracula for good?

Of the Belmont clan? Yes, but...

Attached: DG8WoU5VwAAQebA.jpg (500x296, 42K)

so I'm missing hair apparant 10 and checking my item list when I notice that hair apparant 5 doesn't seem to even exist.

...My Miriam doesn't have a head. Dunno why.

Leon was better.

because the book there is one of the enemy books, just inactive in the shelf
some people have said that there's some secret way to go into '3d' movement in that room, akin to how the outsides twin dragon towers work

TEAMFAT
Akuma
Egoraptor
Grumps
BULLFIGHTER
BIGHEAD
AWESOMEVIDEOGAMES
JEPSON
ALPHAOMEGASIN
INTHEBATHROOM
DUNGEONITE
EGGFARM
TheSpeedGamers
Jarvis Meower
swimmingbird
8MEGAPOWER
STEPHENPLAYS
chuggaaconroy
NIGHTMARE
SPONGYVINE

More like awkward. Yeah I really want to be reminded of the awkward day/night shifts and stilted dialogue of Simons Quest at the most pivotal game changing moment in OoE. Puhlease, miss me with that shit. Leon Belmont did it better a decade earlier anyways.

Someone should really compile on what each of them do.

those aren't cheat codes, those are clan rewards from a totally different tier in the kickstarter

You mean the man who totally lied about killing Dracula for good and had to do it again 3 times? And got beaten up by a japanese schoolboy?

Simon > Christopher > Trevor > Soleiu > Julius > Sonia

Attached: Castlevania_Aria_of_Sorrow_(Julius_Belmont_Artwork_01).png (584x768, 768K)

>i still need to play the first one
What? You know that the other game is a spinoff in the style of classicvania right? This isnt some kind of direct sequel.

a bigger list
NIGHTMARE - Unlocks all difficulty settings
Akuma
EvilTheSword
DungeonNightSword
SilverAndBlackSword
PowerSword
SwordOfTheMushroom
DUNGEONITE
ALPHAOMEGASIN
8MEGAPOWER
The-BazMask
BULLFIGHTER
SPONGYVINE - 15 DMG Shortsword
AKindaFunnyMask
TEAMFAT
Grumps
Egoraptor
Mega64Head
Jarvis Meower
PlagueDoctorFace
swimmingbird
KongSword
JEPSON
BigMustache
AWESOMEVIDEOGAMES
Plan9FOSpace
chuggaaconroy
LoveOfBenki
INTHEBATHROOM
HumptyDumpty
EGGFARM
LoveOfPizza
STEPHENPLAYS
BIGHEAD
TheSpeedGamers
ClockSowrd

>finally get around to feeding the old bitch
>get given an infinite ammo fedora
thats nice and all but nothing survives me casually strolling through a room as is.

LM2 didn't have fucking shovel knight as an enemy

But Julius did kill him for good, before him Dracula would just revive, but after he had to reincarnate as a blank slate.

To be fair, Curse of the Moon is actually better then this game. I like the game, but Inti Creates somehow made a fucking magnum opus with CotM and I want a new sequel or at least let them incorporate 8-bit mode in a sequel.

He did kill Dracula for good though. Soma's bad ends arent canon and you never have to deal with Dracula again.

Ehh even Vinny is too annoying for me to watch for long and he's probably the least offensive lets player I've ever seen, I'll pass. Someone on gamefaqs will probably do it.

Those are the cheatcodes in the game.

Attached: jonathon morris.png (256x192, 49K)

Listen young man, in my house we respect the elderly who can summon a massive flaming cross out of thin air and slap the shit out of Dracula's very SOUL residing in some highschooler.
And you will follow these rules, or your ass will be 1999'd into your own gay dimension.

>Puhlease
This explains everything, Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1453700092348.png (751x768, 238K)

That death/dracula final fight is still the highlight final boss of the series imo

How the fuck is a shovel knight out of place in a game with axe knights owl knights and other knights? you're still grapsing at straws with this non issue

I dunno lol

Attached: 20190621131727_1.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

Curse of the Moon is a frankenstein's monster made up of other, better games.

You only liked it because you're too fucking young to have played all the games it so blatantly ripped off.

anyone know where hair apparant X is?

Shovel Knight in Bloodstained looks completely fitting though. It looks just like the other big armor dudes just with some slight modifications. You'd have to have a real stick up your ass to get offended over that.

Why was this allowed?

Attached: 1469998199725.png (1216x3325, 1.11M)

He's an in-universe chuuni, complete with SEALS ON MY ARM TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT. They should've gotten Quinton Flynn to play him.

Attached: 20190619020832_1.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

Dullahan biting heads are very good especially early game nightmare if you farm them a little and have 5 of them.

>a frankenstein's monster made up of other, better games
That's how I'd describe all the igavanias. Classicvanias were actually challenging and fun.

>you're

Attached: you got brain ish's.png (523x84, 8K)

Her tits are literally bigger than her head, my God

Attached: 1560716905088.jpg (1300x2000, 1.01M)

I really like how unapologetically slutty her design is, I might buy because of this alone.

you have to craft the rest

I did play all the other classicvanias though. Is CotM now cool to be hated on by contrarians or something

Not him but you're (as in you are) is correct. Very odd deflection, user.

There sure were a lot of giant cats and puppies and shit that I can only assume the backers asked to have in the game for the sole purpose of ruining it as much as possible.

Personally if I were to pay to have a game made I would put my ego at the door and ask that they make it as good as possible without actively ruining it. You know. Pope Julius II didn't poke Michelangelo with a stick while he was painting the sistine chapel.

Someone call the ethics department.

I don't care if it borrowed a whole bunch of shit of classicvanias, it was a tremendously solid game with replayability.
It was fucking FUN.

The fuck kind of church hires a nun like that

They all hung themselves after the first boss ended up butt fucking naked.

You mean the one giant cat and the one puppy head enemy? I was indifferent to them but if they make an autist like you this upset I fully approve of that dog and cat.

"You're still". Read words.

I'm glad im not the only one that caught that weird typo.

I really hope Japan picks up on this because I need more lewds.

The one with theyr peoples best interest in mind. She's the heal slut of the cathedral.

It was a fucking WASTE OF TIME if you've played half the games I have. You're the type of person who buys every remaster, aren't you?

You are still is also correct. Everything in that sentence is grammatically correct, user. Also you really are a doofus for getting upset about the shovel knight enemy.

Where are you even going with this? No one else cares, only (you)

>You are still grasping at straws
it is correct though

How on fucking earth do you think I'm objecting to its grammatical content? Read words.

>full body stocking
I just thought she was just weaning some ye-olde leggings but jesus..

Attached: 1548708450006.jpg (1080x1072, 108K)

>It was a fucking WASTE OF TIME if you've played half the games I have.
You've got to be shitposting at this point, good lord. COTM is better than 97% of the NES library, meaning its okay in my book.

Well, if the ultimate goal of IGA was to slight his fanbase then maybe I should retract the praise I had for this game?

I know of at least 3 people ITT annoyed by it.

Attached: 1447568785104.jpg (878x592, 235K)

How can someone keep doing something in their first fucking post in the thread?

>There sure were a lot of giant cats and puppies
A total of 6. Those were backer rewards, 6 of which were claimed total.
Adding to that backer bonus of designing an enemy, we get 9 backer-based enemies total.
Is that supposed to be a lot?

S H I T S T A I N E D

Everything in his post is correct. Stop getting upset at Shovel Knight being an enemy in the game, it makes you look like a retarded child.

That still makes it worse than like 30 NES games, because the NES had a big library. It's easily the worst classicvania, falling under even adventures because at least that had original shit in it.

>>I know of at least 3 people ITT annoyed by it.
(you) pretending to be three poeple is far more likley. this is such a non issues I don't know why you're still harping on it.

>It was a fucking WASTE OF TIME
It was a penultimate an almost penultimate stretch goal that backers got for absolutely free, you realize that, right?

The one thing I feel this game is missing is the ability to upgrade weapons like dawn of souls I liked using my starter weapon and just kept upgrading it to new more powerful weapons? Can you do that I only beat the boat before having to go to bed for work

Sure, feel free, not like you made the game a success and you have no hope of making it a failure. Whine about dogs and cats all you want, user. Spend as much time as you want to on Yea Forums whining.

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is a critical and commercial success, praised by the vast majority Castlevania fanbase; how does that make you feel?

Attached: 1534743682052.png (892x940, 472K)

Do you wish there were more of them?

To calm your rampant paranoia I should point out that I compeltely disagree with the other guys. Like who cares about portraits? They look fine.

I'm just asking; do you like the puppies and do you wish the game had more puppies? Would SOTN have been better if instead of the librarian, there was a giant puppy head selling you items?

That's what the 8-bit coin backer designed weapons are for, they have three versions each so you can use them the whole game.

I'm not upset at shovel knight being an enemy, I'm upset at someone having the gall to compare this 7/10 game's twee internet pandering to absolutely fucking anything in La-Mulana 2.

>Would SOTN have been better if instead of the librarian, there was a giant puppy head selling you items?
Is there a giant puppy head in this selling you items? Because Todd the barber is great.

Forgot this, now torrenting it
PC wins again, thanks for the free game kickstartards

>Would SOTN have been better if instead of the librarian, there was a giant puppy head selling you items?
But Bloodstained doesn't have a giant puppy head selling you items, so it's a strange comparison. But I don't think SotN would be any worse if any one enemy would be replaced by a giant puppy head.

Feels great, all the backer/joke shit is distracting and annoying though.

You said that there was "a lot", which is factually fucking incorrect. I didn't care for them, they looked okay and didn't annoy me.
Just get the fuck out of here if you're so mad about trite shit, there's enough triggered snowflakes on Yea Forums as it is.

Speaking of which can you get more of that shit? I wasted mine on them wing boots thinking they were gonna give me a dive kick tech or something.

Yeah I can understand that, La-Mulana 2 is dogshit compared to this game.

Those are accessed by inputting special profile name, user. It doesn't count, because you won't see them without knowing the code.

You can buy them from Saint Bigtits.

Sweeny Todd is horror and fits in perfectly. Castlevania is all about classic horror. Not your pet.

>But I don't think SotN would be any worse if any one enemy would be replaced by a giant puppy head.

Then you are retarded.

So if you don't want more of them, why are you disagreeing with me? Time and effort that could've gone into making a real enemy went into that shit.

Can't be happier than ever knowing that this game made it. But I don't see why we need to go that far to defend that gay ass backer shit either. Like did you enjoyed having them in the game or something?

>If you don't like cancerous retarded backers shoehorning things into the game that don't fit in, it means you hate the game itself.
Kill yourself, retard.

you can buy them or find each of every coin in hidden walls

Oh right you just saw that image on Yea Forums and tried to use it to argue your disingenuous point, lmao. Nigger you're never going to see that if you dont enter in a profile name.

Should have saved before picking and just going through each until you found the one you liked. That's what I did.

You can buy more coins from the shop for 4000 gold though so you're not married to it or anything.

Wow. That's fucking inexcusable.

I take back what I said about this game. It's Guacamelee 2.0. Poor Konami.

>tfw finally pay day today
ITS TIME BROS

Attached: 12457564237652.jpg (256x400, 21K)

>Like did you enjoyed having them in the game or something?
I like the dog and cat enemies, yeah. I barely look at the portraits, I just pay attention if they wiggle and come off the wall and they're dead before they make it an inch into the foreground.

Am I supposed to be upset at the joke items or the shit you get by entering in a code for your profile name? Sorry I'm not some outrage addict getting assblasted about everything, user.

Attached: 1556836804920.png (1810x1342, 1.39M)

How do you know when Detective Eye goes off?

He's probably a backer with his portrait and item in the game and it makes him kinda upset that people might not like it after dumping however much money that shit cost to get into the game.

im only level 32 and at the carpentor x zangetsu bosses and they're kicking my ass, what weapon would you suggest?

Attached: 20190621123033_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.04M)

I'm just convinced that you are one of the backers or something. I don't think the game is ruined or anything because of the backer content but some of it is glaringly annoying like the portraits or the giant pets. We could have just said "yeah that shit is gay" and move on but you seem hellbent on arguing with anyone who dares to whine about them.

I like making fun of them and theyr hair.

I actually wish I had backed this because I would have gotten COTM for free. Ah well, I'm happy it was such a huge success.

Attached: 1560715054282.png (627x828, 276K)

He's a backer for sure. Fucking faggot ruined bloodstained by putting his ugly mug in the game.

Which one is it? Own up to your bullshit.

This is true. Note how he also attempts to avatarfag. Classic attentionwhore behavior.

Has anyone managed to solve the double-jump freezing on the steam version?

Its really amusing that people are so upset about the giant pets. Did your bloodpressure just spike the moment you saw that severed dog's head or what?

Attached: 1559045636092.jpg (636x900, 521K)

Don't forget to hold up to pose after killing each boss!

Not weapons, just learn their patterns and dodge them. Zangetsu is at least not hard if you're patient, though Carpenter's knife throws always fucks me over.

I would put my money on it being one of the women who put their "furbabies" into the game due being a dried up 40 year old hag.

I wish I had known earlier that posting Miriam triggers you fags, I would have saved more images. Is there anything that doesn't offend you?

Attached: 1553921476830.png (800x978, 454K)

Where to go after I I got the zippy zap ray? Beating Gebel got me the bad ending which isnt surprising but I have no idea where to go further. I need to defeat the vampire lady I know that much.

Backer shit sucks but just be glad that they are on enemies that you can destroy/kill.

Attached: 1540483619547.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

you niggers need to stop and talk about the fucking game instead of arguing about this bullshit

At least the puppydog is just a puppy. The portraits stuck one of the coolest fucking enemies in the franchise and ruined them.

Did IGA even make Rondo of Blood? Isn't that like whoring out someone else's idea?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Anyone?

Read the global rules, newfag.

>Defends backers online
>Accuses others of being "triggered"
Just go back to whatever youtuber's fanbase you came from you'll never fit in here and your internet substitute for a dad will never notice you

That is all

what exactly happens?. when you double jump you just get soft locked?

Attached: me.jpg (3840x2160, 2.58M)

that's where i am right now, go the the dina cecht cathedral. there should be a staircase with a mirror on the floor and on the left wall, that's your clue for going further upwards.

Shit didn't that enemy like instakilled you or something in rondo? Because I distinctly remember being afraid of fighting them in a certain castlefania game.

>He worked as a programmer and was tasked with writing the story for Tokimeki Memorial, a dating sim for the PC Engine's Super CD-ROM2 System.[3] His girlfriend at the time, later wife, was an employee at Konami working on Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. She gave him advice on how to write the story to Tokimeki Memorial, and he would play Rondo of Blood during breaks.[1] Igarashi informed his boss that he had no desire to work on a sequel to Tokimeki Memorial, and requested a departmental transfer. The strong sales of the game prompted his boss to agree, and Igarashi asked to join the Castlevania development team
Holy shit IGA literally slept his way into SOTN.

Go to the cathedral and use the reflector ray on one of the walls. that'll allow you to progress to the blood slut

Never even heard of the issue until now.

If you double jump the game will guarantee pd soft lock at some point within 1-15 minutes. If you don't It'll run stably for hours.

Suck off each other on your petty arguments all you want but you not use Miriam for your avatarfagging though?

No one, you'll just have to live with it until a patch or buy/pirate the gog version.

that's bullshit, i double jump all the time

Thanks anons, I'll go search for it.

If you are a fan of the genre, otherwise might want to wait for a 30% or above discount

>Accuses others of being "triggered"
Read the thread, you have anons literally admitting to being salty and wanting mods to take that shit out before they play it again, as well as complaining about joke items.

You niggers are triggered. Its hilarious AND pathetic, a nice combo.

Attached: 1553930319117.jpg (1135x899, 1.17M)

It 100% happens to me, and people are reporting it left and right in the steam forum.

Yes, and when it dies it's amazing. They eventually based a whole game on the idea. I think it was called Canvas of Curse

Not that user, but didn't know it was that big of a deal. I always double jumped and it never happened to me.

>IGA got started with Tokimeki Memorial

Explains all the waifushit, naked girls and needless posing in Castlevania

Not that I'm complaining mind you. Just interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=06_mkMguQRQ

Is this the best song in the game?

You joke but even Canvas Curse had some shit that also managed to spooked me.

youtube.com/watch?v=tgUu8N05N24

Motherfucker, do you not understand?
Do you, in your infinite negative IQ wisdom, think that anyone really feels the same way as you do?
Let me re-iterate for you in simpler terms.
You are mad at the fact that a fraction of the content in the game was made by someone who is not Iga. Despite the fact that people paid actual money for a small token of appreciation from a dev team, most of which you won't ever even see. You know - people who actually helped to fund this game? Even then, their designs are not so outrageously out of place, because Igavanias always had weird and unusual enemy designs, accompanied by some easter eggs to go with them. It was a staple of the franchise for years, and nobody complained.
Until you, being the brainlet that you are, decided that this is somehow depriving you from some made-up definition of pure Bloodstained experience. You fucking imbecile, you absolute buffoon, who thinks that there is at least ONE man who has the ego this bloated and his brain that smooth that would agree with the shit you're spewing.
Nobody cares about these designs the same way people don't care about bugs and occasional glitches. Everyone is happy that the game is out and it's good.
Everyone aside from you, shitting and pissing yourself over a microscopic issue that can be easily brushed aside by a any person who was not fucking walloped on his head repeatedly upon crawling out from his mothers womb.

Attached: il_794xN.1784239924_nk69.jpg (794x1059, 73K)

>Explains all the waifushit, naked girls and needless posing in Castlevania
Did you skim over the part where he said he didnt like working on a dating sim?

damn son

A decapitated puppy head would fit fine in SOTN you asshurt dipshit.

I just DPS raced Carpenter. Zangetsu is all about learning his obvious patterns.

He wanted to work on a "girls get nude without all this dating shit" sim instead. I can respect that. In an alternate universe he got hired to make the new Rapelay.

Attached: Venusweed-1-.gif (1100x690, 25K)

>THIS assmad over people who don't want his ugly neckbeard mug in their game

Imagine being this mad that someone on the internet doesn't like look at your picture in a video games. LOL

>Being this triggered people don't like your self insert
>Implying anyone here gives a fuck what the normalfag masses think about anything

You motherfucker.
Just reached that part and got destroyed.
How the fuck are you supposed to even kill it? He literally killed me in seconds.

I unironically think the music in the first area of the castle was the tightest shit. Especially at the 1 minute mark.

youtube.com/watch?v=GPTjhsHha6k

Where can i find a crystal drop? I want to upgrade my glam gs

SOTN already has a severed head and it's fucking legendary. Imagine if they took Ebisu-san's pet lizard and made its head an enemy instead of this.

Attached: sb18.png (640x480, 13K)

This is a falsefag meant to discredit people defending the game's style. Nice try though.

Well, time to give bloodless another shot.
I feel like 27 damage per swing is a little low for me, though.

Attached: 1550776276288.png (1212x1903, 440K)

Imagine typing out LOL like a common phoneposter.

>Implying anyone here gives a fuck what the normalfag masses think about anything
That's laughable considering 25% of Yea Forums threads are twitter OPs by literally whos. You retards fixate on the dumbest shit and absolutely give a fuck what normalfags think.

>DPS raced carpenter
If there is another strat for him I would love to hear it. He knife throws are stupid fast, accurate, and have almost no startup. The only consistent way I found to avoid them was constantly side switch since he doesn't turn very fast.

But you are being retarded, user - the puppy head in Bloodstained didnt replace anything. It just exists. This idea that a puppy head would replace some actually fitting monster is a retarded argument born out of desperation to get people upset at the puppy head. Who the fuck cares?

How do I deal with the DLC boss? He keeps snuggling up to me and licking my face.

Attached: Cute-puppy-Names-Over-200-Adorable-Ideas-LS-long.jpg (1200x650, 46K)

LOL

the bone zombie dragon in the sand part iirc

>Do you, in your infinite negative IQ wisdom, think that anyone really feels the same way as you do?
Same to you too.

If you can't get an item that's stuck in the wall, just wait a bit and it's added to your inventory.

OOOOOOOOOOOUUGGHHHH

>NO NO NO IT'S NOT REAL

Attached: Verac.png (512x312, 143K)

Yeah, that harpsichord part is amazing.

it's not really that hard to dodge her attacks, but that's low damage tbqh. I kept using poison kukri on her and it kept stacking up so maybe try other methods

You need to increase both the rank and the grade.
The bonus they give when you just got them is absolutely negligible.

You can also dismantle them to get the coin back if you grow tired of it if you have alkahest to spare.

user it's just a game

Attached: 1442695317864.gif (300x300, 566K)

nah man, this one is
youtube.com/watch?v=hj8dwJtm9js

I still can't get over that several anons were shitting on this soundtrack yesterday. Even initially bland stuff like the boss theme build into entertaining melodies.

Oh fuck yes I am getting so tired of this gay ass wing boot that does NOTHING

So I just beat Gebel and got the bad ending. Now Zangetsu says go find a bell and fight Bathory or whatever, but I don't know where to go. Any tips lads?

It's not really a surprise when some contrarians have this odd obligations on shitting on something. Look at the niggers here when they kept complaining with some idiot about backer enemies as if it was the end of the world.

Face tank him, use Welcome Company and watch him die.

Anyone else glitch out during that fight? I fell through the floor and ended up behind them.

Hey where do i find the last hair? the very final slot, only one i am missing

Meh.

The game is filled with bugs that it doesn't surprise me anymore. Are they gonna patch all the shit that's happening anytime soon?

Are there items exclusive to hard mode like in Aria?

>At the 2008 Tokyo Game Show, Igarashi showcased a teaser was for an upcoming game starring Alucard, which was slated for release on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Igarashi would later note that despite a lot of time and money had been spent on the project, development had not been going smoothly. In parallel, MercurySteam had produced a prototype that Igarashi notes looked better than his project. Konami decided to cancel Igarashi's project and go with MercurySteam's, which was released as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow in 2010. Igarashi did not have any input by on the title and also did not put forth any future pitches for anymore 2D Castlevania titles
If we ended up with Bloodstained (and COTM too) was it all worth it?

Attached: 1533495073024.gif (500x375, 371K)

To be fair I can kinda see why they would think that. The game starts off with the music being oddly lower than other sounds. Now while that might not have been a big deal, over time you will end up missing out on the good parts of the song and think this music is bland.

The moment I realized what was happening I toned down everything but the music to 6 and now I'm having a much better time. Music is like 20% of what carried Castlevania games can't be skipping out on that.

Galleon, top right of one of the outside deck areas.

The first song on the ship is a fucking banger. Even the main menu theme is good. I don't know man, its one thing to dislike something but there were several anons in several threads saying the music was trash, garbage, shit, terrible etc.

They actually made Mirian more OP than Soma.
Igarashi is a mad man

Attached: Mirian_OP.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

>Konami decided to cancel Igarashi's project and go with MercurySteam's, which was released as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow in 2010
I simultaneously did not, and did, needed to know this information.

i used buer familiar, it blocks all of his projectiles

This, how do you stack luck?

It all feels so long ago now I can't be mad.

I hope this sells well enough to secure a future to bloodstained and we keep getting more bloodstained games. I mean and it's not like we can't get that Alucard game O.D isn't going anywhere and he's Alucard in everything but name.

I mean, I don't think it's particularly noteworthy, but then again I wasn't expecting it to be. Indie games universally have low tier music because they focus on other areas. Remember that La Mulana is not indie.

>Find a big bell
>didn't immediately go to the cathedral
Do bell towers not exist in your world?

I think I need to adjust the volume settings as well. I was having a tough time remembering songs until I clicked on the random yt links in the thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=_AayM9DpFWo
This chapel theme is so good.

From the sound of it we're getting a sequel without a kickstarter attached so it seems like its a real winner of a situation. It truly is the anti MN9 in that regard.

OoE had the best art, but Shanoa always looks like such a weird doofus on her portrait art.

Attached: shanoa.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Michiru Yamane isn't exactly an unknown name, user

I keep seeing this in Yea Forums threads but no source so I can't trust this yet, especially when they are obliged to release DLCs in the future.

MN9 did the mistake of trying to make another game at the same time. IGA put everything into this one game and let wayforward shit out some ripoff garbage on the side, because he knew this game would make or break his new studio.

Are the backer costumes already in the game? curious how they look

I'll never be able to get over how horrible Dracula looks in Portrait.

She got autism from having her emotions taken away. Give her a break.

Shanoa IS a doofus.

There are only three, and they're not the ones that were voted for.

Sure, but she hasn't made anything good in a while. She's into experimental Jazz now I think. Portrait had the best soundtrack because they took in the guy who did Actraiser and would later do Kid Icarus Uprising, so it's not like she was ever the best possible choice.

Aaaargh where the fuck are those last two recipe books?

Attached: dish.png (460x349, 70K)

I fucking hate the fact that the OoE artist stopped working after OoE. His art was so good.

Attached: 1559168095809.png (449x470, 25K)

I mean the sequel ain't happening NOW or even next year but it's still good to know that they at least got a good enough foundation now and fanbase reception to know that they can make another one without having to rely on kickstarter.

>There are only three, and they're not the ones that were voted for.
Any screenshots?

i wonder if there is a gog torrent or some shit out there with the backer stuff

I did try there first, but it turns out I missed a mirror on the wall. Thanks pal.

>Sure, but she hasn't made anything good in a while.
Her tracks in Shovel Knight were great, and her Skull Kids work really made use of that jazz interest she had.

Also I'm pretty sure the guy who helped compose Portrait is the guy from the Ys and Etrian Odyssey games. That doesn't diminish the work she put into the series; SOTN is a fucking legendary beast with regards to music, and LoI/CoD are stupendous.

It's just Pure Miriam relabeled as "Valkyrie Armor", the bunnysuit transformation, and Shovel Armor.

Oh shit, is this another 2D castlevania? How did I miss or forget about this? I can't wait to-
>3d models
>looks like a phone game

Attached: akanewalkinggarbage.jpg (853x480, 76K)

You're like 500 posts too late to shitpost, retard-chan.

not a shitpost, my genuine reaction
My hopes were raised and dashed expertly.

Goddamnit went out to buy the game earlier but they were out of stock for ps4, guess I'll play CTR for the time being.
Anyone heard of if they're still going to release a steelbook for physical copies? Google says the switch steelbook has a both a disc and card mount in it.

the quarter-circle, back techniques are really hard to perform consistently

I take it you don't play fighting gams?
You'll get used to it.

I have no idea how you people have spent this long playing video games without mastering basic command inputs.

This is something I did playing Street Fighter 2 on the SNES when I was 6.

Because fighting games are one of the most niche and unplayed genres.

>get zangetsu
>Still cant kill gebel
wat, do i have to actually sell all my shards or something

Ps4fag here, when i try to do the NIGHTMARE thing to unlock all difficutlys from the start it dosnt work, anyone have any suggestions?

Guys, I just got the epee but why cant I perform the thousand blossoms technique for rapiers? Do I have to relearn it from a book or something?

I don't get the point with the techniques. Instead of spending time trying to get the input right I could just attack the enemies regularly.

Moves are exclusive to specific weapons until you grind them out and it unlocks them for all weapons of that type.
It's stupid and a big time waster.

I guess if you were a lonely only child with no friends you'd feel that way.

the aegis plate is fucking bullshit, if they wanted to lock it behind invert they should have made sure you were unable to complete the area it's in on the map

Oh I played games with tons of friends in my youth.
But nobody played fighting games. Just literally everything else: Pokemon, Halo, Team Fortress, Guitar Hero, Burnout, etc.

how are you supposed to fight valefor if you have a lot of gold? is there a way to prevent him from stealing it?

How do you kill gebel once you get zangetsu?

Attached: 1548975184380.png (300x300, 46K)

>valefor
yeah, beat him

>Halo, Team Fortress, Guitar Hero, Burnout
It shouldn't still surprise me how young the average Yea Forumsirgin is these days but it still does.

spend the money because all the money you have will go to his health

>how young
Halo is 18 years old. Team Fortress is 20. Guitar Hero is 20.
Stop pretending you're old, faggot.

best way to farm gold?

It's really good, just got the the hidden desert and i'm loving it so far. Hope Iga next game is not kickstartered because the only stuff that's not great is the cringy backer enemies and paintings.

Whoops, Guitar Hero is 14. Don't know why I put 20 when I was looking at the release date of 2005. Maybe I just instinctively put the first two digits instead of the last two.

have a lot of luck, farm shards, then sell them.

Agreed there, they are so out of place its jarring as fuck

I have 7 million gold